Monday, October 26, 2015

Yo No Creo en los Hombres #75 Lunes 10/26/15



Chapter 75: Surprises

Esperanza opened the door. Scuzzy Santibañez charged in, grabbed Maria Dolores, and held a pair of scissors to her throat. The police bust in behind him, pistols drawn. Her screams attracted the neighbors, including Hosefa. Mama Bear and her shark ran into the courtyard. Danny-Boy demanded that the police not shoot. Mama Bear and Arango went into the Morales apartment.
“Son, don't do this. Don't be foolish!” she yelled.
“I'm not losing my son, not after all we did,” he answered.
The police pushed Ùrsula back and Danny-Boy started lowering the scissors.
“This is all your fault!” Mama Bear yelled at Maria Dolores.
“I haven't done anything wrong,” she answered. “He raped me. You raped me!” she yelled at him as she elbowed him in the side. The younger cop's reflexes were good. He got in and shoved Danny-Boy's face down onto the worktable. His partner closed in as he said to Danny-Boy “You're under arrest and will need a lawyer.”
They dragged him out the door. He protested as they frogmarched him past the neighbors.
“Wait till you see what happens to you for all this,” Mama Bear shouted. She shook her indez finger at Maria Dolores like an orphanage mistress out of Oliver Twist.
“Don't you threaten my daughter,” said Esperanza. “Nobody was more unfair and cruel than Daniel. It's your fault as his mother for not teaching him any values.”
“Yes, yes, yes,” Chelito shouted. “Face it; he's committed a crime and he has to pay.”
“You will be sorry for this,” Mama Bear said. “I will make you sorry and I will have help. I will always remember this moment.”
Arango said “Vamanos” as he pulled her out the door. Maria Dolores looked frightened, Doris angry.


Mama Bear followed her cub out of the courtyard, telling him “Don't worry; I'm coming.” She sounded like he was a bullied child rather than an adult criminal. Julian watched from his wheelchair, surrounded by neighbors. The Bustamantes were pulling up next to the police car. Max opened the back door behind his mother and got out. They spotted the weasel.
Max marched up demanding “What did you do to Maria Dolores?” He grabbed him by the hoodie, but Claudio pulled him back. The two cops shoved the weasel into his cage.
Mama Bear looked the Bustamantes in the eyes and said “You ruined our lives so I will ruin all of you!” she then followed Arango so they could follow the police car. Ma walked up to the courtyard, clutching his injured side. His parents followed him up to the Morales apartment.
“He tried to make me say he didn't rape me,” Maria Dolores said. He told her to calm down. She said she would, for the baby's sake. They kissed.

Hosefa couldn't wait. She called Isela.
“Girl, you're going to like this. The Santibañez are going to suffer for a long time.”
“Why do you say that?” she asked. There was no emotion in her voice.
“Because the police were just here to arrest Daniel. He'll go to prison for years.”
Isela rolled her eyes. “Yeah. He has a lot of money. He can get out.”
“That has nothing to do with being a criminal. If Max helps Maria Dolores he'll go to prison.”
“Maybe, but I don't think Ùrsula will take that lying down.”
“No, but maybe that can work to our advantage, girl. She'll be so busy getting that animal out of prison she'll leave us alone.”

Esperanza and Chelito offered coffee or tea, but Alma declined. She told Max they should leave. Maria Dolores reminded him that his doctor ordered bed rest. He told her he would be resting at his parents' but to call him if she needed him.
“The only thing I need is for you to follow doctors' orders to the letter,” she told him. “Get well very soon.” She kissed him. Embraced him as well. Alma and Claudio were not pleased. But as others of their kind were bent they said nothing.

Ùrsula and Arango marched into her parlor. Jacinto followed them. Maleny was waiting.
“What happened?” she asked. Mama Bear shoved her onto the couch.
“You don't know how I wish I had aborted you,” Mama Bear said. Maleny got up and Mama Bear grabbed her throat. Arango pulled her hand back as Maleny screamed.
“Ùrsula, please!” he said. He pulled her away. Maleny sank back onto the couch.
“I was happy with your brother but your father wanted a little girl. What for? So few are worth it but you mean nothing to me. Your father went nuts. He wouldn't let me abort you. You weren't worth any of this.”
She became inaudible after that. Behind her Jacinto was mildly shocked, then amused. Arango remained stoic, as he always did.
“You're going to be sorry you said these things,” Maleny said. “I'm going to find a way to get out of this prison.” She threw her drink onto the table and went out.

Max and Alma arrived at her house. She encouraged him to lie down and offered to get more clothes from his apartment. He told her it wasn't necessary; he wasn't staying long. If he needed anything he would have Leo take care of it. She kissed him and left him alone in his old room.

Isidro brought the phone to Mama Bear, telling her it was Victor Cadena, a friend of Danny-Boy's.
“Tell him I'm not in,” she said.
“He says it's urgent, Madam.” She took the phone and the butler left.
“Talk.”
“Ma'am, I'm outside the precinct. Daniel called me. He asked me to call you so we can help him.”
“I'm going to look for the best lawyers to be in charge of his case,” she said.
“I understand, but we only have 72 hours to present Daniel's case or they'll transfer him to the pen.”
“No, no. Not that. Never.”
“If the police find evidence to charge him they will send him to prison. Once inside there it will be very difficult to get him out. It could take weeks, months, or years.”
“No. We have to do something.”
“I don't think there's much we can do that doesn't need money. That's the advice I have for your 'eminent' lawyers. Until later, Ma'am.”
“Tell me, where can I see you? I'll be there right away.”
“I'll tell you where and what to bring,” he said. She listened for a few seconds.
“Wait for me,” she finally said and ended the call. She looked at Arango. “We have to get Daniel out of jail. I'm going to get what Cadena said to take.”
“I'll go with you,” said Jacinto.
“Why?”
“Why? What do I do, for God's sake?”
“The same as usual.” He smirked at her. “Wipe that stupid smile off that stupid face or you're fired. Because Daniel will be out of jail before anyone knows it.”
She left the room. Jacinto looked like he wanted to eyeroll Arango passed by him, looking like he didn't notice.

Leo told Max he would meet him shortly. He and Clara were preparing his apartment for his homecoming. Good kids.

There you are. Look me in the face,” Ùrsula said to Maleny. “Maleny, I'm talking to you.”
Maleny was sitting on the floor behind the desk. She had one of Claudio's file folders.
“Before I decide I don't want to help you, tell me if you're going to do something.”
Maleny paused for a second. She roughly put the file on the floor and stood up.
“Very well. Only I realized when you didn't want one we'll talk,” she said. “But not about my little brother and obviously not for you. It's for what I have to know.”
“You still have crazy ideas about your father's death?”
“You won't get my brother out of jail until you tell me who killed my father.”
“I told you a hundred times. It was you.” She may as well have been talking about the weather.
“Mother, I know I didn't do it!” Ùrsula didn't flinch. “Very well, Mother. You don't want to talk. As the days pass and you see my brother behind bars – “
“You think I'm so stupid as to believe you have some magical solution?”
“I can make Claudio move heaven and earth to free Daniel,” she mimed a flying bird. “Like that.”
“Claudio won't do anything to endanger his professional reputation.”
Maleny laughed. “His professional reputation? No, Mother. But his 'beautiful' family, his precious family life? Like that.” She snapped her fingers. “I can destroy it if I want to.” She went back to looking at the old documents.

Alma told her husband that Max didn't intend to stay long under their roof. He reminded her that he had warned her months ago they couldn't keep him away from “that woman.” Alma said she would not be welcome there.

Esperanza and the others tried to get Maria Dolores to rest up. She said she was alright. Not that she looked it. She said she was still shook up by what happened and how Danny-Boy looked at his arrest. He deserved what happened, but it was such a disgraceful situation. They encouraged her to take care of herself for the baby's sake. She wanted to work on a new dress. The client was the same size as Doris so she held the pattern up against her. They tried to persuade Chelito to stay a few more days.

Ivana sat at her vanity. She stopped writing long enough to look in the oval mirror. She remembered her last exchange with Maleny and stopped. She gathered her books and left.

Danny-Boy glanced briefly at his cellmate as a guard let Mama Bear into the cellblock room. He went to the other end to embrace her through the bars.
“Don't worry. We're getting you out.”
“Now?” he asked.
“No, no. We're filing the documents.”
“What? I can't stay in here.”
“Victor is doing everything to get you out of here as fast as possible.”
“I can't be in here ever.”
“I won't permit it. I won't permit it.”
“Do you know what it's like to be here in jail?”
Mama Bear began to cry. She kept promising to get him out.

Orlando arrived at the Morales home. Esperanza was concerned but Doris explained that Claudio had called off the dogs. He explained the situation and that he was no longer interested in Isela. Maria Dolores said she had told her she was “in love” with Claudio but nothing else. Orlando explained that this was a lie. He had seen them kissing.

Ùrsula came out of the police station. She asked Arango where Victor was.
“He's doing his job. I told you that he got you here so you could see Daniel.”
“But what did he tell you?”
“Only that there's no news yet. It's only been a few hours.”
“Daniel can't be in there one minute longer. I'm going to have to tell Maleny the truth.”
“Ùrsula, you know you can't fool yourself about this. Give Victor another chance and let him talk to you. Besides if you tell Maleny the truth she will not believe you about saving her brother.”

The Moraleses realized the situation wasn't easy. Chelito had observed the Bustamantes closely enough to recognize that they didn't approve of Maria Dolores. Orlando explained that he got Claudio to remove the restraining order or he would rat him out to Max. And to show Doris he was no fool about Isela. They stared at each other for a long moment.

Leo told his parents that he and Clara had prepped Max's apartment for his return. Alma was proud of their gesture and Claudio also hugged his younger son. Isela listened. She looked resentful. She was also to return home; Claudio said that Orlando promised he wouldn't bother her.

Orlando swept his apartment. He stopped and looked at the photo on his nightstand. The Isela he once loved stared back at him. He removed the photo, tore it to pieces, and threw it away. Chelito arrived to check up on him and to tell him something very important. “My Doris is in love with you.”

Ivana went to the Santibañez den where she waited for its beasts.
“Wow. Looks like you changed your mind,” said Maleny.
“Isidro said you were here,” said Ùrsula. She almost grinned.
“We need to talk alone, Ùrsula,” she said. She deliberately looked at Maleny. So did Ùrsula.
“I'm happy you're going to work together to get my brother out of jail,” she said. “I hope you're able to.” She left the room and Ùrsula closed the door behind her.
“Don't look at me like that, Ùrsula,” Ivana said as she sat. “You made your image and it sickens me. You had the privilege of speaking with me about my life and my wanting to be a mother. And why? To have a daughter like yours who cares only for her brother? Her own blood. A son who is as weak as his father?”
“No, no. Daniel isn't like Hector.”
“He is capable of raping a woman to give you a grandchild and in order to take away half of my fortune!”
“Is that what Maleny told you? Well, that's not true. I have enough money to get Daniel out of jail and more. Not like you. Your fortune was to create a false pregnancy so you and others could believe that you could have a baby. Because you're infertile all you have is money. Money can help hush the scandal that would follow.”
“I am not afraid of what other people think.”
“Very well, but you would have the whole world believe that your marriage and pregnancy were too good to be true. You lost a baby and your flamboyant husband is in the slammer for raping a woman. Your family slipped out of your hands. Just like your parents.” She stared at Ivana with nasty satisfaction. “Just stay in your house, dear,” she said as she left the room.
Ivana tried to hold back the tears. She failed.

Orlando served Chelito some coffee. He wasn't sure he heard her correctly. She smiled and said Doris hadn't told her but “Anyone can see it. The only one who doesn't is you.” He remembered giving her the giant plush toy. He remembered her kissing him on the forehead in the middle of the night. And he remembered the night when she called out his name in the fight they had about Isela.

Isela went into the Bustamantes' library with Claudio on her tail. She was fighting him off.
“I don't want to take chances. It's not just your wife, it's “
“I'll handle Leo. He's a man.” He grabbed her and pulled her up off her feet.
“Please, Claudio, I don't trust you.”
“But we're working.”
“Here? Locked in with a key?”
“I have to revoke the restraining order against Orlando. That keeps Max from finding out.”
“Maybe, but maybe not. I can't stay here.”
“I'll fix everything.”
“With what excuse?”
“I'll do it.”
“No, Claudio. No.” He grabbed her by the arms.
“Why do you want to go back to the barrio? To be close to Orlando?”
“He doesn't love me and he said so.”
“And you? You also don't love him? Just leave him alone.” His kisses looked more like mauling.
“Like this? And when did you stop trusting me?” She stared in his eyes. “Yes. I can't keep living here under the same roof as your wife and your sons.”
“I want you to stay here. I don't want you near Orlando. Do you understand? He forced a kiss on her and continued down her throat. Looked like another desk was about to be desecrated.

Ùrsula walked around alone, finally entering Danny-Boy's room. She was tense. At the same time Danny-Boy stayed awake in his cell. He was wrapped in a grey blanket that matched his hoodie. Finally he sat on the cold floor. They remained this way until morning.

Max and Maria Dolores spoke on the phone. She was worried about seeing Danny-Boy again.
“It's necessary with the proceeding. But don't worry. I'll be with you all the time.”
“But do you think he'll reclaim paternity?”
“No matter what happens, everything will be alright.”
“Yes, yes, I'm sorry.”
“I understand that you're worried, but believe me. Everything will be alright.”
“Are you eating well at your mother's house?”
“Yes. She wanted me to have time to recover.”
“You have to take care of yourself, my love. So you'll feel better when you leave.”
“I feel fine, but I'd be better if you were here with me.”
“ When you're out I'll give you a surprise. I love you, too. A lot.” She ended the call.
“Are you going to see him?” asked Esperanza.
“No, Mother. I can't decide because at the moment I don't want to see Max's parents or Isela.” Esperanza shushed her. She was afraid Clara would hear. “Besides, Orlando confirmed it wasn't like Isela said. Alma wouldn't believe us.”
“It's not easy to accept.”
“I feel I have to be honest with Max. Even though his parents would still hate me.”
Esperanza shook her head.

So what do you believe?” Claudio asked Alma. “That I had Orlando thrown out of the hospital?”
“I hope I misunderstood.”
“Why does this occur to you? I have enough problems.”
“But doesn't it look odd that Isela is still here?”
“The important thing is that you're here in your house with your sons and I don't want to argue anymore. I'm going to cancel the restraining order on Orlando.”
“You can't do that. Think of Isela.”
“It's your house. But you can't say anything. You say Isela wants to return to the barrio. We'll be safe here. That's all. It's done.”
She nodded in reluctant agreement.

Doris arrived at the Morales' the next day and got a surprise. Maria Dolores gave her the red dress that had been commissioned... for her. She had once promised she's make a dress for her when they sold their first one. She had worked all night so Chelito could see it before she left. Doris couldn't wait to try it on.

Victor Cadena had some bad news for Mama Bear.
“I can't do anything,” he said.
“Why? If it's about money...”
“This is a felony. It will be prosecuted.”
“How do we fix this?”
“We could offer all the money in the world. The real problem is that Maria Dolores is represented by the Bustamantes and nobody wants to mess with Claudio.”
Ùrsula got up and left the library. Arango followed her.
“Ùrsula, where are you going?”
“Getting Maleny out because she needs to know I will her.”
Isidro arrived with another unwelcome caller.
“Madam, this is Ivana Duval's lawyer.”
“If this is about the divorce, I don't have time for that right now.”
“No, no; I'm here at Ivana's request to tell you that she is prepared to put all our legal forces behind you to get your son out of jail.”
Ùrsula looked shocked, then suspicious.

Alma went back to the doctor's office alone. She asked the doctor to share Claudio's information with her.
“Excuse me, but Claudio – like most men – is afraid to show weakness in front of me. I know that inside he's very conflicted.”
“Your husband doesn't have a problem. His test results are all very good.”

Doris went home in her new red dress. She found a note on the table:

My dear girl, I went home to my town first because I'm an old woman who shouldn't travel alone. Secondly, I want to give you a gift. None is bigger than giving you life but yes, there is one bigger I will give you. I love you. I love you.


Doris cried a moment, then felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around. Orlando was there is a crisp new shirt. He dried her tears and said “You'll spoil your makeup.” He kissed her exactly as she had always been hoping for.

Labels:


Comments:
I don't know about you but Ursula's rant at Maleny blew my mind. I think it's almost time for a new Toxic Mothers list.
 

Many of the women are resentful of others. We talk about Josefa but there are other resentful women too:

Ursula, resentful of feeling forced to have Maleny & resentful of women in general;

Maleny, resentful of the attention Ursula gives Dannyboy, resentful that Maria Dolores caught Max's eye;

Ivana, resentful of Susana & Maria Dolores because she doesn't have the family she wants, the way she wants it;

Isela, resentful she doesn't have Josefa's love, of the fact she is just a common ho and she will become more resentful of Doris & Maria Dolores as the time progresses because they have men who love them & will give them their places and she's basically a broom closet jumpoff for Claudio.

Pro tip for Isela: once Alma is out of the picture Clod will have no use for you. Your most attractive feature is the thrill.

 

Holy mackeral, Urban! I feel like I really 'saw' this episode. Thanks.
 

I wasn't expecting Ursula's venom to go at Maleny this early in the game. For villains to turn on each other is expected, but not until about a month prior to the finale, which means that this would normally wait about another five weeks.

Makes me think that Ursula had lots of competition for men back in her gold-digging days. Or prettier sisters before that, but we haven't been told anything about her family of origin.

The hairstyle on Doris in the final scene did nothing for her. The crisp new shirt, however, really looked good on Orlando.
 

UA, love the style you chose for this TN, thanks for the recap

"She may as well have been talking about the weather"

Ursula is wicked, I'm beginning to think Daniel killed Hector, Maleny was there and saw it so to protect him she continues to say Maleny did to confuse her but used Claudio to cover with the authorities.

Chelito will be missed, MD wouldn't have believed Orlando about Isela if not for her.

MD spent most of the TN lying or hiding the truth and now she must tell Max about Isela and Claudio, what?

What a shock Daniel he wouldn't be sleeping in mama's house that night but in jail. Consequences don't occur to him

 

Urban- Fantastic recap. Lots of interesting developments this episode.

I fear for everyone Ursula threatened because she means it when she makes threats and she comes through. I was not surprised she revealed to Mal that she never wanted to have her, and that she hates women in general. All of this lines up perfectly with what we have seen. I'd say she doesn't like men either, except for Dan, and only sees them as a means to an end.

Mal said she was going to help Dan get out of jail, until Ursula said those things. At at the end, Ursula was charging towards Mal to make her tell her what secret weapon she has, otherwise she'd kill her. The thing is, stupid Mal already gave her enough clues that Ursula could figure it out herself. She knows Isela works and lives with Claudio. Mal has Isela under her thumb for some reason. Mal made insinuations about her info destroying Cladio's personal and home life. Seems pretty easy to connect the dots.

Tofie- I'm with you on the theory that Dan killed his father (and blocked out the memory), because Arango told Ursula in front of the police station that if Mal learned the truth, she'd have even LESS desire to get Dan out of jail.
 

I loved the ending and am so happy for Doris and Orlando. I wish Nana Chelito had stuck around though. These folks need her wisdom and advice. Although, I wouldn't want to hang around these folks either. It's dangerous! Plus, she accomplished her mission-- putting her girl on the path to love with Orlando. By the way, her note said although she's old, she CAN travel by herself. Doris was planning on going with her on the bus to drop her off in her pueblo.
 

Maleny wasn't that young when Hector was murdered. She had to have been brainwashed and drugged repeatedly to forget witnessing his murder. If this is the case, Medina has culpability in this as well as Ursula and Arango (and what the hell is his first name, anyway?). In which case, Maleny is severely brain-damaged. She's also exacerbating that with all the booze she drinks.

So Daniel is older, but by how much? In general that wouldn't matter but if he were coerced into killing Hector...

But he didn't seem to know that in the scene when that came up and he doesn't deal well with trauma. If he can get flashbacks of raping MD that bother him shouldn't he be freaking out at memories of killing his father? There is nothing wrong with the workings of his brain in the sense that he is intelligent and can think on his feet. What's wrong is his values and motives. He can thank Mommy Direst for those.

As for Doris, she deserves a good man and that's Orlando.

Ivana has become as sick as the Santibanez unless she has some master plan we're not yet aware of.
 

Ivana says and thinks she can beat the Santibanez at their game, but she's clearly no match for Ursula.
 

Agree, Ivana came to see Ursula believing she was in a position of power to negotiate and Ursula carved her up before she could even begin her pitch. No match.

 

Here in Kenya we are watching the grand final today
 

Dan has always had Usurla to fix everything, he has never suffered any consequences, therefore there aren't any and why he does whatever pops into his head. As he lay in bed with the police downstairs it took him a minute to understand they were there for him. He never considered MD would file charges nor would the police dare come for him. Even his argument to MD was that he was the father of her child why would she do this? He may be aware he committed a crime by raping MD but if MD is basking in the glow of her pregnancy and he contributed everything will work itself out in the end.
 

Urban! Thank you for the great read, wonderful as is your usual. I love that you always post early. I am appreciative of all recappers no matter when they post because they share their talents and make time for us.

Anon207, goodness gal you hit the nail on the head big time hen you said "your attractive feature is the thrill." So Clod will no longer have use for her. I will remember that it is wise observation.

Oh my I was soooo happy wirh Orlando going to Doris, so romantic. I am not one to shed tears over tn's but this got me so happy and teary eyed. They are my couple!!
Avs
 

Urban, this is a FANTASTIC recap. Really, literally, quite gripping to read!

Ursula is a monster. That's all I have to say. But isn't Rosa Maria Bianchi fantastic in this? She won the TvyNovela award for her performance and it was totally well earned.

In the 1991 version, Saby Kamalich's Leonor (the Ursula character) was more your typical mean and imperious matriarch. Bianchi's Ursula simply has no soul. There is simply no bottom to the woman.

I'm so glad everybody here on the YNCELH patio is enjoying the ride. I absolutely loved this novela when I watched it in its original airing down here, and it now ranks among my very favorites. You amazing recappers and everybody's wonderful comments help me to relive it all again through you, and I'm really enjoying myself doing that. Thanks everyone! :-)

And my continued best wishes to all!

 

Both Dan and Maleny are weak-minded and impressionable. I have no problem believing that after the traumatic incident of seeing and/or participating in the death of their father, Ursula was able to drill it into Dan's mind that he was never there/saw nothing/it was a bad dream, and into Mal's mind that she killed her dad/she's evil/she's bad. That woman is perfectly capable of this, and she knows how to manipulate those two creatures she spawned.
 

You are right about Bianchi, Stevey. Ursula doesn't come across crazy or pompous but a vicious street thug and enjoys her handiwork. When she got in MD's face and told her to remember this day it popped up in my google calendar.
 

Anon, you are on the money when you say that Isela's involvement with Claudio has an expiration date. Alma is flawed but I have no doubt that she has always been a model wife and mother and Claudio would be an ass to forget that. But I don't think he will in the end although he may lose it all if the affair comes to light.

I wonder whether Rosa Maria Bianchi has ever played Medea.

Ivana is out of her depth. Ursula is the only member of that clan who has any sense of advance planning. However, she seemed to forget that her threats had witnesses.
 

If Ursula, Arango, Maleny and Dan were the only four characters in a sparse stage play, it would be fascinating and gripping. There's certainly enough material and backstory there worthy of a Shakespearean tragedy.
 

It would have to be similar to Jean-Paul Sartre's Hui clos.
 

Whoa, Nellie, Urban you blew this one out of the park. Thank you so much for this stellar recap. Ursula does not car that her threats had witnesses because she thinks she is superior to all of them. I believe what she has in mind for them will be subtle. She'll probably going to try and destroy their lives by whatever mean necessary beginning with MD'S baby. They should be afraid Max or no Max, very afraid. At least I am, lol. Ivana should know by now she is nowhere near a match for that clan. This novela is fascinating. I am waiting on pins and needles to see how they will get MD's baby because I know they will. It's only a question of how?
Romy
 

Does anyone remember how many people were present when murder took place? Was it the doctor or Clod that told Maleny that there x number of people there and we were all teying to figure out who it was?
Ava
 

It was the doc who said there were 6 people involved, Claudio being one, but not being one who knew the whole truth (just what Ursula told him when he arrived). We don't yet know who's the 6th person.
 

Ursula
Arango
Maleny
Doc Medina
Claudio
Mystery person
 

Thanks, UA. Fantastic recap. My favorite snark: His kisses looked more like mauling.

Claudio has really lost it. I do think the thrill of getting it on with him has worn off for Isela. Can’t wait for her to see Orlando has moved on, in his spiffy starched shirt.

Loved Esperanza giving Ursula what-for. Ursula is so harsh about her dead husband, but she can’t see what a mess Dan is?

Interesting theories that Dan might’ve killed his father. I'm still thinking Ursula did it. She had no problems earlier rolling an unconscious Ivana in the pool to drown, while Dan was hesitant about it. If Dan at a young age, by accident or intent, killed his father seems like he’d have at least a foggy memory of it as Maleny does.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Thanks Vivi, for jolting my memory, yours is so iron clad. I remember Doc saying that Clod knew the truth but not the complete truth. But if he was there wouldn't he know or have seen who pulled trigger?
Thx for providing the list.

Ava
 

Claudio came after and was told Mal shot her dad. He got the same version of the story Mal did. His part came into play by covering up what he thought was the accidental killing of his friend by his young daughter. Claudio has his issues, but framing a little girl for murder is not one of them. When the doc met with Claudio he told Claudio that Ursula lied to him, but he didn't elaborate. That's when Claudio told him to just share everything he knew with Mal and be done with it. But the doc was not willing to give up his one ace up his sleeve against Ursula.
 

Darn Hulu!!!. I waited this long and still this episode isn't posted. Thank goodness for UA!!! I would have been so sad if I couldn't read this today.

So Dan and Mal are not twins. I'm guessing it was Dan who killed him, and that he's the 6th person.

I'm sad that I missed Orlando and Doris at the end, but it will probably be at the beginning of tomorrows, so I hope I can see it then.



 

It was Arango who told Maleny there were 6 people. I covered that episode.

My money is on Ursula as the killer for the above-stated reasons. She was also the one who talked about killing MD as soon as her baby is out of the womb.

MD should high-tail it to the US yesterday and stay there until the baby is born.
 

Thanks for finding that Urban. Neither Aranago or the doc are giving up much info to Maleny. Her sources have sort of run dry at this point, unless she takes Isela up on her offer to have Adriana review the case file and he finds something she missed.
 

Thanks ladies for straigthening out who told Mal about 6 people present at the murder. Now it came back to me that it was Arango, yes, he told Maleny that her version was the only different version fom 6 people that were present and Mal started counting with her fingers. Arango had said that to Mal as he was turning on his heel as he walked out if room.

I agree that Ursula is completely capable of killing in cold blood, but then writers played a little mind game with us by Arango warning Ursula that if she tells Mal the truth about her fathers death that Mal would hate Dan even more??? Why? Because Dan killed him? Or because Ursula killed him but chose to accuse Mal instead of her favorite Dan. Redrum! Redrum! Scary psychopath Ursula. I cant imagine how Mal feels because is downright hateful and evil to her own dsughter.

UA, yes Md should have left to US, but she cant return after baby is born because they will be happy to kill her when she returns to take child, so she needs to go, and stay gone.
Ava
 

That was on the assumption that the legal issues about Danny-Boy would be over and done with. However, that actually is an ass-umption.
 

Dear sweet UA, THE BEST PART OF THIS EPISODE was the last part of your recap, and
Your recap was gooooood!!!!! I loves the way
You tell a story. You and the other recappers
Are golden. Thank you. Good storyteller.
Is that relationship between gurrrrrrsula a bit
weird or what? As screwed up as maleny is,
If I were her I'd get as far away from those people as I could. I'd put two oceans and a lake between us. If she hates mal as much as she said last nite, she Wished she had aborted her child, how sick is That. Thats the sickest and most twisted morbid thing a parent can say to their child.
Yall saw how easily she rolled poor stupid
Ivana into the swimming pool. No feelings
What so ever about taking a life. And since
She said what she said to mal she wouldn't
Think twice about ending her. The creature is
Dead inside. WOW!!!!!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder