Monday, November 09, 2015

Antes muerta que Lichita #35 Monday 11/9/15: Alicia gets locked in a bathroom and Sandra looks happy for the first time every.

I've been away for just a few days, but with these double episodes I missed a lot!

It looks to me as though Sandra set up a conference call, which was supposed to be with her and Don Augusto and the third party being the injured wife, who should have been hearing that she, Sandra, had been Aug's lover for ten years. But it was Alicia, instead, who heard it all.

Elsa has to tell Nacho: Roberto is the anonymous donor. As usual, "I as head of the family have the dignity to refuse his money." Elsa convinces him out of it and makes him swear not to tell Alicia.

Roberto warns Luciana not to mess with Alicia's interview. But that's all been taken care of already - Chuchette tells Alicia in passing that the interview is in a few minutes, and no matter that Alicia had no advance warning, because her attendance is no longer required.

For no reason I can figure out, Valeria has a cozy chat with Alicia, who having heard the above phone call, is not ingenuous when she calls Don Augusto and Beatriz "an exemplary couple." Valeria says, not so much, and then confides that her family lost their fortune and the brothers are estranged etc. "I miss my therapist, it's nice talking to you. And you and Alex make a divine couple."

The exemplary couple (Bea and Aug) do not see eye to eye. Bea: "Separate our son from that common trash, a mere employee. Fire her!" Aug, deflecting: "Sell me your half of the company." "No!"

Braulio, sadly surveying his table of action figures, wonders where Brisa has gone. He's worried that some old dude in the street has her. He goes, scales the walls (very carefully) and finds Brisa giving a yoga lesson to three old dudes.

Darling Mateo is hugging his Angel lovie, which smells sweet like Mrs. Marta when she hugged him. Awwwwww. "I don't know if all moms smell that way, I can't remember mine. I have the best dad in the world but I wish I had a mom."

Ximena helps Elsa research cafes on the internet, then: "My schoolwork is to write about my parents, but I don't know anything about my dad..." Elsa says, ask your mother. Alicia comes in and there is a lot of stammering about the mysterious investor. Alicia hopes with her new salary they'll be able to pay off more of the bills soon. Elsa wishes Mags would chip in, now that she has a job at Ikonika, but pigs don't fly. Instead, Mags is out in the alley with her skeez supplier - she's finally paid off her debt to him. He compliments her business sense and gives her some money and more knockoff merchandise. She says the biz powerhouse inside her has been awakened.

Gumaro: incensed that Roberto didn't tell him about giving money for the cafe. Roberto: "They're like the family I always wanted to have - united despite their troubles." Gumaro starts to cry and says, after my hard day at work cooking you dinner, at least you could take me dancing.

Speaking of united families, the mansion-tension at dinner could be cut with a knife, complains Dafne. They have the usual disputes, the phone rings, all look at their cells, Augusto wins and takes it in the next room. It's Sandra, hoping to console him after what she imagines has been a wild hair-pulling tearful dinner (since she thinks Bea knows all, thanks to the conference call). Aug says, dunno what you're talking about, and don't call me at home. Curses foiled again!

Next day, Sandra yells at the receptionists who ruined her plan. She tells Roberto Elias, that cretin, will be creative director when he arrives. Roberto wonders if he can get a piece of the U.S. campaign; she sez: ask Augusto.

Augusto buys himself more time with Sandra by saying he'll open a brance of the biz in the U.S. and he'll go live there with her. Then she's so happy, it's heartbreaking.

Don Marcelo Lagomarsino, that lovely stylist, likes the campaign Alicia designed for him. Roberto warns her not to bring that project into Ikonika since it's an outside project. They knock heads over dropped notebooks again and feel drawn to each other but pull away. "You're prettier every day." "I have a boyfriend." "I'm just admiring you as I would a nice car, a nice yellow doorway..."

Gerry helps Mags haul two heavy black trashbags of her new merchandise into Ikonika. "The finest of Paris," she tells the other receptionists.

The interview is tepid. The reporter wants to ask about his personal life: how many hearts have you broken, what are your tastes?" (Those suspecting him of being in the closet are curious about this too.) "I like the color blue." They ask about his girlfriend, he says nothing. Roberto mutters "he seems to have forgotten he has one." The reporter is disappointed Alicia is not present, they wanted to include A&A as one of the "Most In Couples of Mexico."

Augusto and Alicia meet at the prow of the building again. He tells her she is too insignificant to be his son's girlfriend. "You are obviously a gold-digger and an opportunist" "I've deserved the post I have now for many years, and I see, by the way, that here at Ikonika one cannot get ahead without VERY INTIMATE relations with a VIP!" "As it is in the whole world," he retorts, "and you'll keep your position only exactly as long as Alex wants you."

Marcelo has come to get his campaign but can't find Alicia because Chuchette got her locked into the bathroom so the reporter would not see her! Long story short, Alicia runs at the door as the maintenance guy unlocks it, she falls into Marcelo's arms and he makes her up and does her hair in time ...

... for her to meet up with the reporter in the hallway. Alicia plucks from the reporter's hands the damning cd of terrible Alicia-shaming pictures Chuchette had just delivered, and is charming, and I guess the interview will be tomorrow...

... along with a showdown and cat fight between Alicia and Luciana!
so will watch and post in the morning. Meanwhile, chat among yourselves if you like.

Previous: Episode 34
Next: Episode 36

Labels:


Comments:
So sorry you are sick Jane! Keeping you in my thoughts and hope you feel better soon.

I did not get to watch this (drat) so afraid I cannot contribute to any sort of summary today.

Diana
 

Thank you in advance, Jane, for the recap. I hope you are feeling better this a.m.

I may be wrong but it seemed like a regular episode last night. Not as frenetic as last couple of weeks.

My faves from last night:

Fatima trying to talk sense to Sandra about Augusto but later Sandra willingly being strung along by Augusto's promises of living together in the USA.

Magos and Gerry hauling in huge bags of more hot merchandise right under Sandra's nose. Magos and Gerry deserve each other.

Augusto wanting Beatriz to sell him her half of Icónika because he is the one who put in the effort to make it what it is.

Augusto telling Alicia her career success will last as long as her relationship with Alex. Nasty man!

Luciana having Chuchette keep Alicia away from the interview; Chuchette having the bathroom door locked by maintenance while Alicia was inside.

Alicia escaping from her imprisonment in the bathroom only to present herself for the interview with her new "look".

Gumaro being jealous of the assistance Roberto gave Elsa and Nacho to open the café.
 

Jane, hope you feel better soon.

Jarifa, thanks for the bullets.

Somebody needs to throttle Augusto. I thought Alicia stood up to him very well about her work at Icónika. But what would he know since he's never actually contributed a creative thought at his own company.

Diana, unfortunately no appearance by Daphne last night.
 

Niecie, you are so right about Augusto. they have really made him 100% self absorbed. He has no loyalties except to himself gaining more power and $$$$.
 

Thanks so much, Jane! I hope you are feeling better.

The scene with Mateo, the angel doll, and his friend, was sweet and a little sad. Both tykes yearning for the love, smell, and touch of a mother. Unfortunately, crazy Marta and her dead son obsession, is not the best option.

Gumaro playing the ignore housewife was hilarious.

Love Alicia's new look. Not over the top or drastic. Perfect.

 

Jane, I savored every word. This was great.

I must admit I was saddened by "I don't know if all moms smell that way, I can't remember mine. I have the best dad in the world but I wish I had a mom " - that simply tugged at the heartstrings. I know she is ill but I detest what she is doing to Mateo.

"Gumaro starts to cry and says, after my hard day at work cooking you dinner, at least you could take me dancing" also made me have a sad. Roberto seems to be Gumaro's only friend and I'm sure he is afraid of "losing" him. I hope Roberto and Alicia have a room for Gumaro in the end.

Augusto is so cruel but so flat out honest. Shiver.

Looking forward to tonight (with hopefully some Daphne scenes Niecie).

Thanks Jane.

Diana
 

Ah Jane sorry you are not feeling great but the recap is great!

I'm worried that Augusto is going to use Sandra now as the person holding the bag for whatever illegal dealings he is doing. He was going to give to Luci but now that she's his daughter he threw that away. I thought he would get Rob to sign but Sandra is more emotionally invested so even though she is whip smart about business, she is dumb about love.

Love Alicia's new look and glad she got that cd out of the interviewer's hand!

The highlight for me was the avances for tonight. Alicia punches Luci! She'll pay for it by must feel good!
 

Hope you are feeling better soon Jane---hot lemon tea helps in many instances.

Thank you for the recap even though were not feeling good. A great job I have to say

Magos says that the business powerhouse inside her has been awakened.---Oh boy, what will she be doing next? She's got some nerve bringing all of that stuff into the company. How soon before she's busted. I wish that Alicia would talk to her sister to sister with love.

What terrible cd of shaming pictures? Where did I miss that?

I really like Alicia's sweet girl next door look. It's cute and stylish at the same time.

Agusto doesn't know anything about her hard work. Does he know about the work of any of Iconika's employees. I wonder if he just said that to her because Bea is pressuring him to get rid of Alicia?

Anyway it's on to must see tv tonight.

the gringo
 

Thanks all. Bring sick is the price I pay for visiting my germy grandson!
 

Jane, sounds well worth it! The recap was very entertaining.

I, too, liked the rather conservative makeover and that Lichita initiated it herself and did not have to be dragged kicking and screaming to a makeover.
 

Thanks Jane for the recap and really appreciate your commitment!

thanks guys for the reminders I had forgotten how funny it was when Gumaro acted like a long suffering wife.

What little boy doesn't want a mommy? Roberto is a buddy and one that wasn't around for most of the little boys life.

Thought it cute when Ximena was hovering wanting to listen and sent away complaining they never let her in on anything.

I was more angry with Chuchette if that's even possible, who the heck she think she is? Oh, Augusto's side dilly dally.

Yeah, little weird Valeria opening up to Alicia.

 

Hope you are feeling better! As Chuchette would say "Muchas Thanks" for a great recap.
 

Thanks, Jane. Now I'm caught up. Hope you're feeling better by now.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder