Monday, November 23, 2015

Yo No Creo en los Hombres #94 Lunes 11/23/15



Chapter 94: Plans of Rats and Men

Arango pointed out to Úrsula that Danny-Boy was her only weakness. She had no understanding of drug addiction. He had taken something that was extremely addictive. She had to wait for him to shake off the effect of the drugs. The doorbell rang during his lecture. As he started another point, Isidro walked in behind Ari, who was dragging his suitcase.


What's happening, family?” he said with a grin. “You're not going to say 'Welcome?'”
Úrsula stood and stared. This was both unexpected and unwelcome. Isidro shrugged.
What are you doing here? What do you want?”
Oh, nothing. To marry Maleny and live here as her husband.”
Maleny came down in time to hear this. She was clearly drunk and it wasn't even lunch time.
Wow, I accept!” she said gleefully and kissed Isidro by mistake. “I so accept!”
She laid one on Ari and deliberately fell into his lap. Finally with a little help she rolled into position next to him for him to return the kiss. Úrsula stared, wordless for a change.

Clara and Esperanza were leaving the Bustamante mansion. Leo followed.
Clara, I'm sorry. You came here to say that?”
It's that – ”
What, Clara?”
Forgive me,” she said. She ran out. He started after her, but Esperanza stopped him gently.
“Clara is very affected by what's happening,” she said. “We all are. Excuse us.”
Max, let's go,” Maria Dolores said to him. They walked out.

I will not permit this,” Mama Bear finally said. “You, you worthless thing, are accepting this piece of garbage?”
Neither will you insult me like this, Ma'am,” said Ari, getting up. “Nor will it stop me becoming one of this clan. Because I know a lot of things about you that you won't want me saying in public. So realize that I've won.”
You don't get to threaten the lady, imbecile,” shouted Arango.
No, no, no. You don't talk like that... to my fiancé,” said Maleny. “You know perfectly well that my father was murdered. He didn't commit suicide.”
And who will believe this traitor? He can say what he wants.”
Well, perfect,” Ari said. “I have to go. I've got things to do and things to say to Maria Dolores about what you're up to.”
Oh, please,” said Arango. “She'll laugh in your face.”
Oh? But I have other things to say about the surprise on her wedding night.”
Maleny began looking anxious.
What?”
I don't know what you're talking about,” said Mama Bear.
Oh, please, people,” he said. “I'm talking about Hosefa. What she knows about Claudio and Isela.”
We all know the same things.”
Get out of here,” Arango ordered.
Alright. So I'll be the one to tell Alma that you have obligated her husband to get Daniel and his cellmate out of jail.”

Alma saw Leo making up the bed for her. He helped her sit down and told her he would take care of her as she had taken care of him when he was a child. She told him how much she loved him and that he was an example to his father and older brother. It hurt her that she wouldn't be alive when he came of age. She embraced him and began to cry.

Ari wheeled his suitcase upstairs, laughingly asking where his room was.
Here we only have rooms for guests,” Isidro said. His dry tone showed his opinion on the matter.
He walked down the left corridor. Ari followed him blowing a kiss to Maleny. When they were out of earshot Úrsula shoved her into her own room. Maleny tried sitting on the armrest of the sofa but fell into it instead.
What the hell else did you tell him about us stopping Maria Dolores' wedding?”
No! I didn't tell him anything!”
How does he know what he's talking about? I've only talked about this with Daniel. You were the one who eavesdropped. You opened your big mouth. But this is the last straw.” She turned away and walked out. Maleny got up and saw that Arango was watching her.
And you?” she said. “What are you going to demand now?” [reclamar]
Nothing.”
No?” She pulled up her sweater, revealing a bare midriff. “Would you like this?” Her gesture was grotesque rather than seductive.
Ah, Maleny, please! You think it takes the least provocation for a man to stay with you. It really takes a lot for one to stomach it.” He walked out, shaking his head, and returned to the parlor.
Tomorrow when that inmate who helped Daniel is freed I'm throwing that imbecile out like a dog.”
That may not be enough, Ursula,” said Arango. “We need to do something to teach that imbecile a lesson that he can't interfere with us.” [escarmiento]

Max returned to the Morales home with Maria Dolores' family. They started talking, then arguing. Clara was not pleased that they had concealed knowing about Isela and Claudio. Esperanza and Maria Dolores explained that it wasn't that simple. Alma needed to be calm and this disclosure would hurt her too much. Max agreed, but was not satisfied. Clara felt so dishonest in all this she felt she needed to break up with Leo. She hated what Isela was doing to his family. She didn't want to go on lying to him. She ran out of the room in tears. Maria Dolores and Max exchanged looks.

Ari had taken off his shoes and was relaxing on top of the bed when Maleny came in.
Whoa! Whoaaaaaa! What are you doing here, ey? I see you wasted no time getting comfy,” she said. “Just what do you think you're doing?”
Nothing. Just what you see here. But you know what? I'm going to marry you, Maleny. I waited through all your attempts at marrying Max and you know what? I'm marrying you for the sweet life I want and I'll look for a fat chick on the side who will give me what I want otherwise.”
You do things like that to bother people like us. Do you think I'm going to marry an idiot like you now?” She grabbed at him to get him up, but was too drunk to realize this was a big mistake. He pushed her on her back and pinned her down.
I will do it, Maleny!” He yelled in her face.
Have you forgotten that I don't have a cent? Neither does my family. We are ruined.”
That's a pretense you can't keep up any longer, Maleny. I can't believe for a second that a family with this level of luxury is in ruin.”
He released her and got up. She recovered slowly and looked like a light bulb had gone on.

Hosefa stood on the balcony, smoking. She was in the way of Max and Maria Dolores as they returned. This was deliberate.
What, you didn't invite me to your wedding, Maria Dolores?” she said.
Maria Dolores told me that you knew about the relationship between Isela and my father.”
What? No, Blondie. Yes. Under your own roof, in your mother's own bed – ”
Enough, Hosefa,” said Maria Dolores. “I told Max everything.”
How good of you,” she replied. “But calm yourselves that now you know what marriage is in reality. There are exceptions, though – ”
Shut up!” said Max. “Shut up and listen well. There are charges against you for the burglary of Orlando's repair shop.”
What?”
He and Doris told my mother that you did it.” said Maria Dolores.
Oh, yeah? You're going to have fun proving that.”
Listen carefully to what I'm going to say,” said Max. “If you open your sewer mouth to say anything to my mother, you will regret it.”
At least your father will have a mental picture of her cries when he's in prison. And if Daniel does more, he'll be in prison or be found dead with my Isela.”
Max stared for a moment. He knew he was looking into a pit of pure evil.

Isela and Claudio knew their backstreet affair was no secret anymore. She told him that Maria Dolores had threatened to tell Max everything if they didn't end it. Claudio had remained silent because his relationship with his wife had changed. Now his relationship with his son had changed. He turned away as he thought about it. She apologized and moved to comfort him.

And what the hell are you talking about?”
Why you didn't tell him, Maria Dolores?” Hosefa said. “What did you think you were doing? You're thinking of marrying him and keep all these things this from you? Now, that can't be.”
Go the hell into your place, Hosefa,” Maria Dolores said. Hosefa obeyed, but with a smirk.
Is that true?”
Max, it's like I told you. When she saw Daniel threaten me she threatened to tell you about your father helping him get out of prison. It finally happened. After that Isela told me that what Hosefa is saying was true.”
And when were you thinking of telling me?”
I couldn't until I knew if any of it was true. Besides, I couldn't accuse your father without proof, Max.”
Max really had a hard time with this.
Now they will accuse you once he's out of the prison,” he said. He started off. She tried stopping him.
Max, you can't accuse your father without proof.”
If he didn't have the guts to tell me I'm going to find out now.”
No, please,” she said, grabbing his arm. “ I'm going with you. Think about your mother.”
Isela will have to comply,” he said. “My mother will go in peace. But I will be at war with my father.”
Maria Dolores paused for a second, then followed him.

Hosefa called Isela to interrogate her.
Can you explain how Max knew you're his father's lover? Why don't you tell me?”
How do you suppose that?” she asked. She had run into her room and shut the door.
Because they just accused me of the burglary of Orlando's shop and of my threat to tell Alma.”
I admitted it to Maria Dolores, but I knew she wouldn't tell her. Besides, why is that important? Orlando isn't here.”
So then where is my revenge?”
So you don't like how things are going, do you, Hosefa?” asked Isela with a grin. “Because Max will keep quiet. We are all united in Alma's best interests during the rest of her illness.”
Oh, really? So you're all looking to take care of the poor, dying woman?” Hosefa couldn't have shown less feeling. “So when you finally marry this man I'll put my sleeping mat [petate] in and make his life a living hell. I'll make him suffer so he'll want to be with Alma. Dead.”

Honoria came out of her apartment with the pistol wrapped in a table napkin. Maria Dolores was standing in the courtyard and saw that she looked anxious. She noticed the grip of the pistol.
What are you doing with that pistol?”
Julian wanted to keep it to protect me from Daniel,” she said.
Honoria, that's madness!”
I know. Shut up, please,” she whispered. “I don't want Fermin to know. He'll start drinking again.”
Fermin appeared at their apartment door.
“Honoria, please help me with Julian. I can't do it alone.”
I'll be there in a second.”
Now, Honoria.”
Fermin, I said I'd be right there!” she yelled back, carefully concealing the pistol behind her back. She then pressed the wrapped pistol into Maria Dolores' hands and ran inside. Maria Dolores looked at the pistol for a moment.

Max found his father looking over some documents.
For a moment I actually pitied you because I thought you were suffering over what's happening with Mother,” he began.
It's true.”
So why didn't you tell me the real reason you helped get Daniel out of prison?”
For cowardice,” he said, looking away from him for a second.
For cowardice,” Max repeated, sarcastically. “For cowardice.” He grabbed Claudio by the lapels. “Do you think you're talking to an idiot, Father?”
I would have been stupid to confess this. Úrsula threatened to tell about what was happening between Isela and me.”
Max pulled made a fist and pulled it back. He wanted to hit Claudio but hit the wall instead.
You sent Daniel after the woman I love,” he said. “The woman I'm going to marry.”
No, son. I was keeping them from your mother. That was the only thing I wanted to do. If Úrsula told what she knows... I tried to tell you in the office but you didn't give me a chance.”
No more excuses. Don't worry. Your reputation will be untouchable. But to me the father and untouchable judge I knew since childhood is done.” He started to leave, but stopped himself. “And you can be sure I will do whatever it takes to put Daniel back in prison so he pays for what he's done. You had better not get in my way when I do that. I will sweep you and whoever else I have to out of my way. Because that wretch will pay for what he's done to Maria Dolores.”
He walked out. Claudio looked as pathetic as he should have felt.

Maria Dolores looked out the window of her apartment, then tried to put the gun under the sofa cushion. Esperanza came into the room before she could and asked what she was doing.

Isela answered the knock on her door. Max looked angry and she backed away, afraid. He charged in and closed the door.
Why did you do this, Isela? Why did you betray my mother's affection and confidence?”
I didn't want to hurt her, Max.”
How can you say that? What the hell was your purpose?” [proposito] Why, why, why?”
I can't tell you.”
I have every right to know this.” He had grabbed her and was in her face. “And you know why? So you can't deceive my mother anymore. To get over my father's betrayal and so I can get married and be happy. Now talk!”
No, no, Max. Forgive me! I have to talk about this with your father. Him and me.” He released her but was not satisfied. “If you want to be sure this will be over I have to talk to him. I can't deceive him any longer. Let me talk to him. For now let's say that I seduced him. I provoked him and he fell into my trap. I did it because of something in the past that involved him.”
What are you talking about?”
I can't tell you anymore. But I am sure that your father isn't guilty of all of it and if he made a mistake it was falling in love with me.”

Maria Dolores explained to Esperanza about Honoria trying to get rid of the pistol. Esperanza didn't want it in the house. Esperanza wanted to throw it away, but Maria Dolores thought that too dangerous. Instead she put it in a drawer. She intended to return it to Honoria in the morning.

Doris arrived in the courtyard and Hosefa viciously swept leaves and whatever else into her face. She then tried to insult her by accusing her of taking her daughter's leavings. That while her daughter was a beauty Doris was nothing. Doris had dealt with worse pain from others. She told Hosefa off, saying that Isela had no recognition of value. She had walked away from what was truly valuable and Doris had claimed the prize. Hosefa never gave up in such situations. She just said “You'll stumble too high and you'll fall, too” before she went back to sweeping. She laughed again, calling Doris an old crock. [carcacha]

Úrsula dragged Maleny off the couch. Maleny stumbled toward the bed and flopped on it.
Get up. You're going to take a bath and fix this stupid thing you've done. You will show respect and dine with this family or I will finally throw you out of the house.”
You mean us, don't you? The alcohol – ”
No. Alcohol is making you worse. There is no solution for that. This garbage has hijacked this house. If you want to repent this you will do what you have to do and help.” She pulled her up by the arm, dragged her toward the bathroom, and shoved her toward it. “Now bathe!”

Esperanza knew that Hosefa had been spitting venom again. She knew Doris well enough andn got her to talk. Maria Dolores reminded Doris never to swallow what Hosefa tried to force down her throat. Hosefa herself had never had many boyfriends. They reminded her that she was not usually so insecure. Doris agreed, but said she wasn't blind either. She knew that most men preferred thin women to plump ones. Esperanza then remembered that she never saw Orlando with any other woman. Isela had been his only girlfriend before Doris. This was not a good light bulb moment.

Ivana called Alma to ask how her meeting with the bridal gown designer went. Alma told her it had gone well and apologized for not calling her back. She had been very busy with the wedding planning. All the while she was clutching her side as she sat on the bed, not talking about her pain. She said the ceremony will be small and private, within the next few days. Ivana then said she wouldn't take any more of her time and ended the call as Gerry entered her office.
She didn't say when, but I know they're getting married very soon, Gerry.”
Why? What are you thinking about doing?”
I don't know, but I'm uneasy.”
At least there is that. I'm not feeling so good either, but that's another thing. I've just had a blood test. It came out positive.”

Victor, Danny-Boy's shark, paid Maria Dolores a visit. It was to tell her that his client was filing defamation charges against her. Not only that but blackmail and extortion. He brought up the compromising photos she allegedly had sent him from her cell phone. Just then Max arrived and grabbed him by the lapels. He told him “Tell your client to enjoy his freedom while he has it because he hasn't got much time. Now get out of here!”
My client has gone to the tribunals so the judge can prevent you changing his child's name.”
Never will I allow my child to have the name of that family of beasts,” Maria Dolores said back.
Daniel is the father and he will use everything available to exercise his rights. We have everything to gain and you know that!” He pointed at Max. Max grabbed him again. “Don't you dare threaten me!”
Get out, get out!” Max shoved him out the door and closed it. He then embraced Maria Dolores.

There is another test that can confirm it.”
But you told me you were well, Gerry,” Ivana said. She looked very sad.
Yes, I took care of myself. But one never knows. I won't just take this test. I'll do everything possible so we can have our child, Ivana.”
No.” She had begun crying.
You're right,” he said. He pulled away. “Now we know you will never have my child.”
First there is you, Gerry. Now the most important thing is that you are well.” She hugged him as she would a brother.

Claudio told Isela at the office he had just spoken with Úrsula about the freedom for Daniel's cellmate. They had to take care of things right away.
Claudio, you can't do this. Max will never forgive you.”
That's not important. I will fulfill my promise to Ursula. If I can't recover my relationship with my son at least Alma will have peace and tranquility in her last days of life.”
We have to take care of some things,” Isela began. Her cell rang and she checked it. “Excuse me, please,” she said. She left his office and closed the door behind her to talk to Adrian.
We have to talk,” he said. “I have news about the articles.”
Did you get any information about the handwriting on the letter?”
No, but I'm almost sure it wasn't written by your sister. Besides, the expert seems to think that Max's father has everything to do with that.”
Isela ended the call and returned to Claudio's office. Before she could say anything he told her “It's done. That criminal is almost out.”

Úrsula waited in the country club's office for the manager. In the meantime she updated Arango on the phone, also telling him that they were to pay this criminal something for his help for her precious Danny-Boy. He was to give Victor instructions and let her know when the killer was released. She ended the call just as the manager came in.
What a pleasure to see you.”
I'm sorry I can't say the same because I'm here to discuss something very disagreeable,” she said to him. “Right?” She turned to Maleny, who merely shrugged.

Max sat with Maria Dolores, Esperanza, and Doris in the kitchen.
Obviously, he came here to intimidate us.”
What did you father do to get Daniel released?” Esperanza asked.
Apparently there was a procedural error in the arrest.”
So your father couldn't help?”
No, Doris. It's a failure of the justice system.”
Max, please, what I don't want is for my baby anywhere near Daniel. Please help me.”
That can't happen, Maria Dolores,” said her mother. “When you and Max get married and the judge knows what a hellish influence he would be he won't allow it.”
We have to prove that.”
So why not get married right now?” said Doris. “Yes, yes, yes. If you get married now the baby will have your name and it will be impossible.”
Doris, that can't be until after the baby is born,” said Esperanza.
But that will take a couple of months,” Max said. “My love, Doris is right. Why don't we get married now? You'll live with me and it will take away the invitation for Daniel to hurt you.”

Ari complained about the breakfast offerings at the Santibañez table. Isidro swallowed the insult and ignored his request. He simply removed the plate as Danny-Boy entered. Danny-Boy told him to check on whether the cars had been washed. He agreed and left the dining room.
What are you doing here, imbecile?” he asked.
Well, nothing. I'm going to marry your skinny sister and be a member of the family.” Danny-Boy laughed.
You're going to marry Maleny? Really? You? Do you think I'll permit that?”
The fight didn't have a chance to really get started. Mama Bear and Maleny arrived.
Daniel. Daniel.”
Good morning, Mother-in-Law,” Ari said. “I was just explaining to him. Now I'm going to the club to resign. I don't need to teach tennis classes anymore. I'll be back in a little while.”
What a pity,” Mama Bear said with a grin. “Because they're not going to let you back in. We've just come back from there where we told them that you entered this house without authorization to seduce Maleny.”
Don't touch me,” Maleny said, shoving Ari away from her.
Well, the tortilla's been flipped,” Danny-Boy gloated at him.
This isn't over,” Ari said.
Of course it isn't,” said Ursula. “Because your life will never be the same after you have enjoyed for the first and only time the privileges you came here for.” She cut off his next sentence. “You will leave here immediately or be dragged out by your heels.”
You're going to pay. You're going to be sorry.”
Danny-Boy laughed at him, throwing torn pieces of toast his way as he left.
OK, so what's your plan now?” Maleny asked her mother. “This guy Ari could explode everything to Claudio and Max and it's your fault.”
That's not important because Daniel is here,” said Mama Bear.
Of course,” Danny-Boy said. He peeled a banana and took a bite. He was sitting on the chair as though he were a chimpanzee in a tree. “But don't forget that my cellmate has to get out of prison.”
Your cellmate is getting out now.”
Justice isn't over, Mother.”
But Claudio had to help you. Even if his wife and sons aren't to know what he did nothing will stop the scandal that will happen to the Bustamante family.”
Both her cubs looked at Mama Bear as though they had no idea what she was talking about.

Honoria showed her wedding photo to Max and Maria Dolores. They had asked for proof that she and Fermin had been married in the church. It was a strange request. They explained that they wanted them to be their padrinos de boda. They were surprised because their marriage had not been a good example. Max told them that it was their present state of marriage that mattered. They were solving their problems. The wedding would be the next day.

Isela returned to Hosefa's apartment. She took a photo out of the box that Hosefa kept on top of the armoire. She had hidden it under her blouse just as Hosefa arrived. She told her she was looking for the keys to Orlando's shop and the money. Hosefa claimed not to have the keys and said she wasn't returning any of the money. Isela also hadn't fooled her. She snatched back the photo.

Esperanza and Clara argued about the truths and lies. Esperanza made it clear she was tired of this and tired of Clara's disrespect.

Alma told her maid she was expecting Esperanza and Clara to discuss the plans for the small party.

Max and Maria Dolores told Honoria and Fermin that they were about to have the pre-marital talk with the priest. They accepted the offer to be the padrinos and called an end to misunderstandings.

Esperanza and Clara arrived at the Bustamantes' home, but Ari barged into the gate as it was opened by the maid. The maid asked if he was with them, they said not, and Clara chased him up the stairs to the main house. He waved her off and got to the door to pound on it. Both mother and daughter told him to leave. He was going down the stairs when Alma came out.
What do you want?” she asked. “Why are you here in my house?”
Ah, Señora Alma, how lovely. Well, nothing. I'm here to do you a favor and get Isela out of this house.”
Shut up, Ari!” said Esperanza.

Isela is your husband's lover.”

Labels:


Comments:
Great job, Urban!

Well, Ari's plans to blackmail the Santibanez to give him the life he wants backfired big-time. But at least he ruined their plans to be the ones to tell Alma about the affair on the wedding day-- which has been moved up to tomorrow!!

Doris is upset that Orly won't have sex with her, and thinks it's because he's not really attracted to her, but Espy pointed out it's because he's never slept with ANY woman. That was a shocker for Doris, especially after dating that slut, Ari.

The previews do not make it look like this wedding is going to go off without a hitch tomorrow. Too many plots swirling around. And I don't trust that gun being in MD's house, although it could be useful to her at a crucial moment.

Gerry has HIV? WTF, Writers?!

 

Thanks UA for the stellar recap. I knew Alma was not going to die without knowing what a cad Clod is...too many evil people knew about the affair and Ari had not incentive-shame or family ties to Alma to not reveal it. I'm confused by the Gerry HIV storyline. We haven't seen Gerry so much as peck anyone on the cheek and now he has HIV? Orly being gay surprises me, too, as he's attracted to women, especially damsel in distress types.

A gun in a tn means it's getting used.
 

I run out of superlatives UA but thanks

“I admitted it to Maria Dolores, but I knew she wouldn't tell"

Gosh, I cannot keep up with all the competing interest and agendas. For sure Isela's. Classic Isela tells Max a snippet of truth and gives him pause allowing her an escape.

Never thought Susana's HIV concern would be warranted. With this show every time I expect a TN outcome it never materializes and when a clue is dropped I ignore. Better pay attention to the gun in the hall bureau.

I was also confused and thought Max had connected the dots and knew Claudio released Daniel to hide the affair.

Wonder if Alma has already figured something going on between Claudio and Isela and chooses to ignore it or if she goes into denial. What version does Clara and Espy choose to support now Ari has told? Do they lie or support the truth and if they lie how are they going to prohibit the next special delivery? For all of Claudio, Isela's and MD's effort to hide the truth from Alma it arrives at her door.

 

J- I don't think it was suggested Orly is gay. Just a virgin.
 

Thank you UA. So much wonderful detailed conversation. Great job.

Wowsy! What an episode. It seems like I say that almost every day.

I hope Clara backs up what Ari said because we all know Alma would be in denial because she doesn't like him anyway. The cat is out of the bag but it's too late. Max's attacker will now be on the loose and with Dan now free, that the gun will be very handy in the near future. Maybe not before MD gets shot in the abdomen and the baby dies.

I'm still trying to process what Claudio's involvement in Marta's death is now that Adrian said that Claudio is more involved in the case than we know.
 

I can't wait to hear what Adrian has discovered.

There are so many fascinating plot points being juggled right now, that it's hard to decide which ball to key your eye fixed on. Marta's death; Hector's murder; Dan out of jail and trying to claim paternity of the baby legally before MD marries Max; MD and Max trying to get married ASAP to avoid that; the multiple plots to take MD's baby; everyone trying to keep the affair from Alma, or trying to drop it on her like a bomb; MD's dad's killer out of jail, and gunning for Max and Julian.

Tofie- Isela is the master of dropping just enough truth to stun and confuse, just long enough for her to escape. Max was her newest victim last night.
 

Good job naming all those, Vivi. There are a ton.
 

Isela is the best at the craft, Usurla and Josefa dispense with any pretense. What confounds me, and Vivi, Max was her latest victim, is her end game? Is it to marry Claudio when Alma dies, to protect Claudio from Josefa, take Claudio down but protect Alma, make a fool of MD or investigate what really happened and who is responsible for what happened to her half sister (assuming Marta is her half sister) hoping or fearing Claudio is responsible?
 

Both the Orlando and Gerry situations are straight out of left field. I was hoping Susanna's comment would just stand as a slur and I hate that it's played out this way. Gerry could have gotten HIV from a past blood transfusion or something and he still mentioned a test that would confirm, so he could have had a false positive.

I still don't like that he turned out to be gay after all despite that he defies the stereotype in certain ways.

Orlando a virgin? That is even less credible. He's attractive, honorable, and single. There is no good reason for him to be a virgin unless he got out of a seminary just before he met Isela.

True, with too many of the wrong people in the know about Claudio and Isela there was no way to protect Alma from this ugly revelation. Here's hoping she changes her will and leaves everything to the boys.
 

Orlando and Isela have been dating since they were kids. Even in Isela's flashback during the wedding dress fitting, little Isela was telling MD that she was going to marry Orly. There has never been another woman in his life.
 

They made a big deal at the beginning of the tn about how Isela and Orly had this agreement that they would never have sex until they were married, which they were working towards (at least in Orly's mind). WE know that Josefa had pretty much ordered Isela to save her virginity for Claudio Bustamante, when she would one day seduce him-- mission accomplished. Do you really think Orly would have cheated on Isela during all those years they were (not so secret) novios?
 

I don't think it's out of the question that Orlando is still a virgin. Some (rare, I know) guys think it's important to wait. I think in this case it's kind of cute.
 

Hi all. Great recap, UA! Every episode is so jam packed on this TN. A lot of light bulbs getting brighter by the minute! (great imagery, Urban)

I was surprised that Doris had no idea about Orlando because when they were talking about their romantic pasts, I thought he hinted at that pretty strongly.

Can't believe Ari actually told Alma! Whoa! If Clara doesn't say it's the truth first, Espy might try to brush it off as crazy talk. Isela might deny everything, at least to the press, to protect Claudio/Alma. I'm also not sure what her end game is, and I'm not sure she knows either. For the first time ever, she's not executing someone else's (Josefa's) agenda. I think right now she wants the truth, whatever it is, about her sister Marta and she wants Alma not to suffer. She already knows everyone who knows the truth is disgusted by her now.

SOOOOO disappointed that Gerry's HIV positive! WTH, show?! Why can't Gerry have a happy ending?! He's never done more than try to be an amazing friend. MESSED. UP.

I agree, that gun can't lead to anything good.

Still wondering where Corina is. I hope she's not a surprise in the middle of the wedding because I live in fear of her being this sleeper cell of hate against MD and popping up out of no where, hell-bent on vengeance.
 

I'm really glad that Alma knows about Claudio and Isela. I don't want Claudio to get a pass on what he's doing. And if Isela unearths more trash that Claudio has done, then that man deserves to go down. Who knew that this story could very well be about how Claudio isn't any better than the Santibanez?
 

Claudio would never be off the hook about Isela now that Max knows about it. He will lose Leo as well once he gets the confirmation of his suspicions.
 

Thanks, UA. Terrific recap.

It's always been obvious that Orly is against casual sex, but still a bit unbelievable to me that he's a virgin. Seems like his former best bud Ari would've teased him about that.

Sorry that Gerry's test was positive, but nice to see Ivana support and console him.

Does Ari know that Alma has a terminal illness? That was a harsh thing to do.

We know that gun is going to get used. I'm beating a dead horse I know, but I wish MD had told Max about it.
 

UA, I meant Claudio getting a pass with Alma. I want him to feel bad about what he's done now that she knows. We already know he doesn't feel bad about it even though Max knows.
 

Urban--It's been a busy day. Finally got to your superb recap. Your dialog is always welcome to keep things straight in my mind. Still have more prepping to do for Thanksgiving dinner, so I will just say a simple thank you.

OT-I haven't forgotten about giving you my "review" of Appomattox. Will fill you in after the turkey is done and gone.
 

Gracias, Anita.

Yes, we all know that gun is going to be used or stolen and most likely used against any of the people who have recently handled it.

And I don't think Ari and Orlando have been life-long friends. Had that been the case, Ari would have known.

Just to let everyone know I've had a very busy weekend so the Poder recap may be a little late tonight.
 

I don't think the Orlando character is that old, it's not like he's 35 and a virgin. He was waiting so he and Isela could be each other's first. It's been said a couple of times that Orlando is old fashioned.

MaryPain always finds herself in the middle of other people's mess. She needs to sit down and examine why.

Ari needs an anvil. He is useless. It will not end well for him.
 

I think Ari did a great service by telling Alma.
 

UA, this was a block buster recap. No one is
Happy in this show. These people are so so
So miserable, misery needs sympathy. This
Should be over soon. Usually when theres a
Wedding, or a baby on the way theres joy, but
This Is just hell on film tape. If we didn't have a Happy ending to look forward to what would be the point of watching this show. And is the ending going to be that joyous? These People are pitifull. They can't lose, for losingThat wasn't a typo.
Right cathyx, what if this lights a fire under
Her to fight and she wins? It could happen. Iv
Heard of stage 4 being cured. If it happens in Real life, it can happen on a soap tn.
 

Thank you for the great recap Urban! I appreciate all the effort you put on getting so much important dialogue right.

Nina: This is one of the darkest stories ever transformed into telenovela but every version has always been successful with both critics and audience. I guess some of us like to suffer.

Jarocha
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder