Monday, December 14, 2015

Yo No Creo en los Hombres #107 Lunes 12/14/15

\
Chapter 107: Hell is Other People

Danny-Boy paced by the fountain, shaking in drug withdrawal. Jenny approached silently and precisely, eyes trained on the scuzzy worm. He finally turned around and looked at her. “Where are my pills?” he asked.
I don't know.”
Don't say things like that. If you don't have my pills, what do you want?”
You don't recognize me, do you?” she asked. “I'm Jenny. A friend of Julian's. And I'm going to give you something better than your pills.”


Orlando took Isela to Alma's house for her to settle their final issues. At Alma's request he left them alone to talk. Isela tried playing the little girl lost, but Alma wasn't buying it anymore. Isela's revenge scheme had hurt the entire Bustamante family. No apology would be accepted. She tried expressing remorse because of Alma's illness, but Alma didn't want to hear any more. The violation of her home and her trust was too egregious. She also knew that Isela had been doing the horizontal tango with Claudio while Max was in the hospital.

Jenny called Honoria, who was lying on Julian's bed.
Doña Honoria? It's me. Jenny.”
Jenny, what do you want?”
I'm also a patient where I work.”
And? Why would that matter to me? I suppose you loved my son but couldn't bring yourself to say goodbye to him? You preferred not be at the wake.”
Yes, Doña Honoria.”
It's better that my son never dated you. That he decided not to have a child with you.”
I only called to tell you that Daniel Santibañez is in the same clinic I am. I've talked to my boss and she told me he is a drug addict. And that he has to stay clean or he can't take Maria Dolores' baby.”

Alma was amazed at how like Hosefa Isela was in view of their lack of kinship.
Hosefa is my grandmother. Marta, my mother, was the only reason I'm telling you this.”
Of course. Because this is the only reason my husband wouldn't touch me to distance himself from me. And that you kept on shagging him!”
Alma, I didn't want to go on deceiving you. And when I knew you and felt affection for you this revenge felt horrible.” She started to cry. “I felt so alone and didn't know what to do. Maria Dolores threatened to tell the world if I didn't stop, Hosefa kept making me go on, and Maleny was blackmailing me. I wanted to leave, but you asked me to stay until you recovered.”
Until I die! So we could all be together day and night until I died and you --”
Claudio and I ended the affair,” Isela said without looking at her. “It's over.”
Claudio doesn't love me, and that's alright. And I don't want him at my side because the two of you are telling yourselves that it's a moral obligation. And you'll get back together when I'm dead.”
Claudio and I will not be together because this was a mistake. Besides, Hosefa told me that if I get back together with him she will kill me.”

Maria Dolores lay on a blanket on the floor of her cell. By comparison the Sybil Brand Institute look like the Ritz Carlton. She dreamed about her tragic wedding day and Julian's last words to her. Also the struggle for the gun which killed him by accident and Honoria's accusation. She started crying in her sleep. One of the others told her to shut up. Corina woke her up.
Calm down. It's only a nightmare.”
Corina, it's not just a nightmare. It's my life. My life is a nightmare. Honoria is suffering because of what happened to her son and I always promised to take care of Julian and I couldn't.”
Calm down. We'll take care of you here.”
Besides, Jenny thinks I'm evil, too.”
I know you feel bad. But you've got to tell your man everything that's happened. Spill it all. Tell him that wretch Daniel got into the prison and won't leave you alone. Tell him.”
It's that the warden and The Granny threatened me.”

I don't wish you ill. Your child's life will be taken care of. You fell in love with a man you expected to hate. You're expecting his child. Tell Hosefa she can be satisfied. I once told her nobody can destroy what's been self-destructing for years. And she will get what she wants in the end.” Alma began to cry.
I will not be with the man I love and I've lost the affection of the only woman who ever gave me any motherly love. This is the biggest punishment I could ever have, Alma. But my baby will know who its mother is and the best I can give him. I wish I could change the past. Forgive me, Alma. I beg you. Forgive me.”
She knelt in front of her lover's wife. Alma pulled her to her feet with what strength she had and looked her in the eyes.
No.” She shook her head as she began crying.
Both women cried. Isela begged once more and embraced her. Alma trembled. Her hands shook. She embraced Isela back but said nothing.

The next morning the inmates were lined up in a corridor, waiting for something. This was not standard procedure. Maria Dolores, Corina, and Nayeli talked about the power of money. A forbidden cell phone cost fifteen thousand pesos [$863 US], for example. They watched the gate open as Maria Dolores told her friends she was going to talk to The Granny. They knew that The Granny had “business dealings” with the warden. She had to know something.

Honoria arrived at the Santibañez house. Hosefa was already there. Úrsula came in to talk to them. Hosefa complained that the maid hadn't offered them anything.
I'm sorry. Next time I will make sure that such distinguished ladies receive better attention,” she said. Hosefa seemed to miss the sarcasm.
Distinguished ladies? No, Madam,” said Honoria. “Merely ones who want to testify in favor of your son at the police station.”
Don't say that. If you think that Daniel is guilty, don't feel obligated to do this.”
I'm only interested in getting justice for my son,” said Honoria. “Do you think I'm an idiot? Do you think I've forgotten that your son is responsible for Julian being in a wheelchair?”
It was Maria Dolores' fault,” said Ursula.
That's what I was going to say,” said Hosefa. “That's what we're all going to say, isn't it?”
Also Julian's, for being fixated on her,” said Ursula.
Do not say my son's name, Madam,” Honoria said.
Although you don't think so, Honoria, you and I think and feel the same way,” said Ursula. “Because she has also destroyed Daniel.”
Hosefa was clearly amused at this, but Úrsula ignored her.
Jenny, who was a friend of my son, works in the place where you committed Daniel. Don't worry,” Honoria said to Ursula. “She will be watching him. And you know what else? Jenny has an interest in Maria Dolores, too.”

Alma encouraged Max to straighten out his apartment and have it cleaned. He would need to get it ready for when Maria Dolores got out of jail. He didn't think that would happen immediately because he was encountering difficulties. Leo suggested that he leave the Morales family to rot. He left them alone to go up to his room. Alma was worried about him. Max explained he had tried to have a conversation with him but that Leo had refused. He was reacting very immaturely, so it would take time.

Maria Dolores signed a document and returned to the others. They talked briefly about Honoria refusing the check. Maria Dolores was worried about her business. Doris had promised her help, but Corina was concerned that The Granny would interfere with it if they tried to do any work on the inside. Nayeli said they would try to do it sub rosa. They tried to cheer themselves up about what they would make and how they could make it all work. Max was going to help, so they were in a good mood when they entered the gym room. At least the aerobics instructor put on some salsa music.

Esperanza was not living up to her name as she talked about the business. Honoria had taken it away from them and they had to start from scratch. She told Isela they wouldn't be able to pay her anything. Isela said she would get a regular job and help during her free time. She was going to have lots of bills with a new baby and needing new clothes of her own. Esperanza had not discussed this with Maria Dolores, due to the other pressing issues.

Leo explained to the principal of the school that he was transferring back to the private school he came from. Neither saw Clara as the passed her. She heard their conversation and became sad.

The prison warden looked worried as she returned to her office. Úrsula was waiting for her.
Good afternoon. I will be clear and concise,” she said. “I know you were helping my son and his lawyer.”
No, Madam,” she said, folding her arms.
Therefore Victor's perception is that you want Maria Dolores to walk out of here.”
No, Madam. I'm the director of this prison. Just a beaurocrat. Do you get that? Thus far I've had to refuse all your requests because it's my duty to take are of all these prisoners until they can return to society.”
Úrsula looked around.
I don't see cameras or microphones. So let's go on with our conversation. We all know that most prisons in this country are a disgrace and the lives of people like Marta Ramos are without value.” The warden shifted in her seat. “I see you understand very well what I'm talking about.”
No.”
There is someone very interested in finding out what happened here between you, Marcelo Monterubio, Marta Ramos, and her killer, who's locked up in here.”
She committed suicide.”
Úrsula smiled.
So we're going to get along fine. But that is the official version. I am prepared to pay you my entire fortune to find out the truth.”
What do you want?”
I want to know if you and I have a common goal here.”
Your son and I both want Maria Dolores out of here as soon as possible, but Claudio Bustamante? No.”
How do you know this?”
You got a letter, I got another.”
Look, You can be careless about this Marta issue. What I want is for the seamstress to be found guilty and stay locked up in here because I want you to give me my grandchild.”
The warden nodded.

Clara saw Leo in the school hallway as the bell rang. She followed him outside. He still did not want to talk to her. She wondered whether he was like his father in the way he judged people. This seemed to bother him, but he said nothing.

Very well. Tell me your plan and I will, too. Let's talk about the folder on Marta. There are notes inside.”
You're a prison warden and Monterubio is a bank president. I know there are things in that folder that neither of you want to come to light.”
Just as neither do I think that you want Marta's killer to also kill Maria Dolores.”
That woman is in here?”
The warden nodded.
Life without parole. If the thing about Marta were known she'd be dead meat.”
I don't want anything happening to Maria Dolores for the moment. Until I have possession of my grandchild.”
Very well,” the warden smiled. “I'll promise you I'll protect her and your grandchild. You can depend on me.”
I don't see you're that careful. The day my son was here you hit her very hard in the stomach.”
Well, but she's alright now. Now let's come to an agreement. If you try to discredit me I will wash my hands of this. I will take no responsibility for what could happen to your grandchild.”

Orlando and Doris were on their way to see about selling Julian's car. They talked about a few related things until they spotted Isela on the sidewalk. Orlando stopped and offered her a ride. She declined, saying where she was going. Doris said it was because of not wanting to be in the same car with her. Orlando said to get in because it was on their way. Doris wasn't happy that Isela accepted, but said nothing. As soon as Isela was in the back seat and Orlando started up again Doris' cell rang. It was Maria Dolores calling her from the prison. After some prompting from Doris she told her that the place was hell. She was afraid.
But don't tell my mother; I don't want to worry her. I just need to get out of here.”
Is there anything I can do?”
If you can, get me some phone cards because nobody here will sell them to me.”
Count on me, count on me and listen, take care of yourself.”
Give me the phone,” Isela said.
What's happening?” asked Maria Dolores.
It's life or death,” yelled Isela.
Nothing's wrong, be calm,” said Doris.

The warden went in search of The Granny and saw her in a corridor with her posse.
Where is Maria Dolores?” she asked.
I haven't seen her but if she comes to my cell, I'll --”
Nothing because guess what? Another girl will clean your cell.”
She always take my advice. You will have bring her.
Go look for her,” the warden said to the guards. They left to do her bidding.

Isela had grabbed Doris' cell and tried to talk to Maria Dolores.
I have to know if you're in the area where Marta was killed.”
She wants to tell you something so you'll investigate,” Doris yelled. She was fed up with Isela.
No. I just wanted to tell her to be careful and not trust anyone.” Doris grabbed the phone.
Doris, is Isela right in what she's saying?” Maria Dolores asked.
No, I was talking to your mother about putting Isela on your visitor list.”
No, because I don't have time,” yelled Isela. “I'm on an appointment for work.”
Dear God! You're always trying to get someone else to fight your battles,” yelled Doris.
The warden's name is Marcia. There's also a woman called the Granny. I'm going to have to hang up.”
The guard did that for her and yanked her away past Corina and Nayeli. The other prisoners also noticed.

What did she say?” asked Orlando.
What could she say? She had to hang up. Isela, why the hell do you always cause problems?”
I just wanted to tell her something so she didn't have more problems.”
Orlando stopped for a red light and Isela got out and walked.
Why is she doing that?”
Why do you want to know?” Doris said, sarcastically.
But look how far away this neighborhood is!” he said. “She'll have to take the Metro and a bus to get home. There's also the apartment; my deposit could be cancelled.”
Now she won't be able to work with us if she doesn't have any money. Why does she annoy me when I'm worried about Maria Dolores? I feel bad for Isela, but why are you always running when she calls?”
Because I'm not the kind of person who can't not pick up someone who's fallen down.”
Well, me neither.”
She got out of the car and ran after Isela. Orlando got out and stood by the driver's side.

The guard shoved Maria Dolores into the punishment cell.
What have I done now?” she yelled.
You're not being punished,” said the warden. “On the contrary. You'll be here alone so nobody will bother you. You don't have to be Granny's servant or anyone else's.”
Therefore, I'm going to be locked up? For how long?”
Look,” the warden said as she leaned in. “This is for your own good. If I leave you out, Granny will do whatever possible to abort your baby. You know that, don't you? Look, if you value your baby's life even a little, it's better for you to stay here. You'll come out when you have visitors. You can count on that. Understand?” Before Maria Dolores could answer she yelled “Understand?” again. “I didn't hear you!”
Yes, yes.” She looked briefly at the warden,who turned away. She had a gut feeling she didn't like. The warden left and the guard closed and locked the door, leaving her in the dark and dirty cell alone.

Max spoke to Esperanza about the credit being canceled because of what had happened to the possession of the business. He was going to help instead. She told him that if Ivana wanted to help someone she had a suggestion.

Danny-Boy and his Mama Bear were talking. She had just gotten out of the main building and was walking through the prison parking lot.
Please get me out of here or I'll go nuts.”
Daniel, now more than ever we need to help ourselves. The warden, Marcia, is willing to help us. And that the 'incorruptible' Claudio told her he will not interfere with the law or use his influence to get Maria Dolores out of prison.”
Of course. I don't want to marry Maria Dolores. I don't want to marry her.”
You never wanted to but that's not important now. What's important is that you recuperate so we can file a lawsuit to recover your child and get sole custody.”
I'll succeed.”
I'm sure!” She grinned.
Danny-Boy ended the call. “But what I'm doing is for me and my baby. I'm not giving you a thing, stupid bitch.”

Ivana's secretary opened her office door and Isela came in.
I'm only seeing you because Max said you were coming,” Ivana said, with a sneer.
When you were going to put Maria Dolores in charge of the studio, Gerry offered me a job.”
But you had other plans,” Ivana said. “Very different ones. Much better ones. Like shacking up with Claudio.”
Isela swallowed and paused a moment. “Thanks for seeing me.” She headed for the door.
I'm ashamed I agreed to help Max, but he must have asked because he knew nothing.”
Max and his family know everything but I didn't ask him for help. Doña Esperanza asked him. I'm grateful she did. Besides, it might not be easy to work because I'm pregnant.”
That earned her a death glare.

Úrsula met with Victor.
I'm going to trust you because you better –”
I told you that I told Daniel it wasn't smart to try to get her to help him. It was only going to create problems.”
Here is going to be your last chance. I called because you know how these things work and we have no time to lose. File the papers now to take the baby away from Maria Dolores.”
No problem because she isn't yet sentenced. As long as she's in the prison we'll have no problem convincing a judge she is unfit to raise a baby. The thing is that until the baby is born she has all the rights over it.”
Obviously, because it's still in her womb.”
Now we can apply for sole and exclusive custody. But the judge will demand proof of paternity.”
She can't refuse; she's in prison.”
The judge will issue an order and she will have to comply.”
Alright.”
There's another problem. Doing this test prenatally carries risk of miscarriage.”

Max knocked on his father's office door.
Can I come in?”
Yes, son.”
How are you? Where are you staying?”
Alma and I were getting an apartment for Isela. Now that's all done and I'm out.”
I went to talk to Isela. Doña Esperanza wanted to give her work but the situation is bad and I went to Ivana. Not for her but for her child. I'm not forgetting the hurt she's caused Mother. I'm now telling you as a lawyer you have rights but also obligations to this baby. And I'm saying as a man I would never shortchange my own child.”

No, no, no. We're not risking the baby for a paternity test. It's better to wait until it's born, then take it away.”
How?”

In a prison you can't count on anybody. The baby could be born alive or dead.”

Labels:


Comments:
UA you are incredible, I look forward to your work.

Anon207 you said something over the weekend, that MD is pretty but unremarkable, you are right, except that anyone that enters her orbit is destroyed.
I get where Honoria and Jenny are coming from, MD is partly responsible. Julian was killed by MD and her baby daddy, this the same girl that blurted out he fathered her child to protect herself and then made plans to run away with him and marry. MD should have left the poor guy alone, she needs to stay away from everyone, she is toxic.

I fear Corina will die because she tried to convince MD to tell Max what was going on. I hope Max can free this innocent girl but will she tell him?

There is a limit and Alma reached hers. Yeah!

I cannot stand watching that puppy Orlando.

 

Thanks, Urban! The warden basically told MD not to tell her visitors that she's being kept prisoner in solitary, or else.

Tofie- MD was planning of going alone. It was Hon and Jenny, remember, who begged her to accept Julian and have him go with her to keep him safe from the thugs. They are revising history to suit their own needs (to feed their pain and anger). It's not MD's fault Julian was in love with her and that Dan is obsessed with her.

I hope Corina tells Max all, as it seems she'll be out the quickest.
 

I don't want this show to end even as it orbits a woman that is not special, learns nothing from her mistakes, blows up every life she touches though she doesn't intend anyone harm, even struggled with punishing Dan whom she loved then pitied. It also has the best galan I've seen in forever and MD doesn't deserve him.

I agree with the warden but for a different reason. Anyone that comes in contact with MD is in jeopardy.

I think Leo is unfairly portrayed as the bad guy here. It was MD & Espy that pressured Clara into silence, how convenient for them.

Agree Vivi, but MD used Julian when she lied about her child's paternity and for me when she was no longer passive, knowing he would go along. He even proposed to her buying her a ring. He finally let it go but was excited his dream would come true, Honoria and Jenny witnessing the hope and disappointment.

Will Ivana set her sight on Isela's child?

 

Ivana taking Isela's child? That would solve a lot of problems but probably create others, as in she would never be rid of Hosefa (unless the latter ends up where she deserves to be).

In my opinion Ivana needs to redeem herself big time before she can adopt any baby and she has to start by giving up her obsession with MD's baby and ratting out what she knows about los Santibanez. She doesn't know that Ursula plans to make another attempt on her life but should definitely realize that.

Only 15 episodes left and too much to resolve. More later.
 

Thanks, Urban. What a spell-binding recap. My favorite line: Esperanza was not living up to her name as she talked about the business.

I get Honoria's anger, though wrong, but I resent Jenny joining in on a vendetta against MD as if she [Jenny] had a special place in Julian's life. She was a good friend, no more, while Julian's love for MD made him very happy. And how is it that MD is to blame, but DannyBoy is not? Sorry to see Jenny go this pitiful route. Poor Adrian.

I can't tell if Isela was trying to help MD or not. In no way should MD try to investigate what happened to Marta.

What a jerk Leo is right now. Leo, your family's disaster is not Clara's fault and do you not realize that she has grave problems of her own, like a raped and pregnant sister in jail and little family income?
 

Thanks UA, wonderful recap. This episode was so depressing. No good news for any good characters.

Now MD is in solitary confinement until she gives birth. That's a long time.

Why isn't Max on Ivana's case about making her statement? I don't get it.

Alma is too good. I'm not sure I could forgive Isela, even if I were dying.
 

Cathyx- I'm not sure if Alma did forgive Isela. But she certainly felt some compassion for her.

Leo needs a few more slaps upside the head before he gets over himself. Max gave him one by pointing out how Clara has been there for him in good and bad, and that love is about accepting the good and the bad in your partner. And Clara gave him another by pointing out how much like Claudio he is being, acting like judge, jury and executioner.
 

Cathyx, I know I couldn't.

Leo needs to grow up, but he will.

Max does need to put pressure on Ivana to talk to the police. She is the only witness to the non-crime. They also need to get Danny-Boy for the murder of his father. He can rat out his Mama Bear and both of them will be out of the others' lives.


 

Here's another perspective on Leo:

Leo is tired. He's just tired of all of it. He's not handling it maturely but he's still a boy. In a matter of weeks he's found out a) his future sister in law is jail for murder; b) his mother is dying; c) his dad is a cheating ho; d) Isela was sleeping with Claudio while grinning up in Alma's face under Alma's roof; e) he has a new baby brother/sister on the way.

And Clara knew all of this and she's supposed to be his partner but didn't (couldn't) tell him, she was part of all the secrets & lies that have destroyed his family.

Max has ended up in the hospital and in jail because of Maria Dolores' lies and evasions.

Clara knew Isela was sleeping with his dad while grinning up in his mom's face.

Max & Leo got dumped by the Morales' sisters because neither Clara nor Maria Dolores would tell the truth about Maleny's blackmail & deal they made with Alma to dump the brothers & leave them alone.

The only person Leo can take out his anger on is Clara. He can't take it out on Max (not here for it), he can't take it out on Alma (dying), he can't take it out on Claudio (over it). He can't even take it out on Maria Dolores (jail) or Isela (pregnant).

But he CAN take it out on Clara because as his partner, Clara should've told him.

And Clara is right, Leo is being very much like Claudio. Leo is probably more like Claudio than he would like.



 

I would like this show to remain realistic and not have Honoria forgive Maria Dolores in the end.

Honoria has never liked Maria Dolores because Maria Dolores FriendZoned Julian.

Some people just don't like you. Maria Dolores is not a sparkley ray of sunshine that perspires glitter to everyone. And it's ok.

It would be ideal if Ivana & Gerry adopted Isela's baby and if Isela left town forever. There's nothing for Isela there.

Doris thinks the problem is with Isela but the real problem is with Orlando. Orlando is too invested in trying to help Isela even after all the rape accusations, beat downs, restraining orders, leaving at the altars, lies, cheating, game playing etc. she's put him through. Again, Doris is being expected to be charitable & kind to Isela at her expense. But the problem isn't Isela; the problem is Orlando & she needs to address it with him.

I feel like if there's only 15 episodes left, there's probably going to be a time jump to get to the part where Ursula takes Maria Dolores' baby.
 

It made me so angry Isela even asked for forgiveness. She's not sorry, she's shameless.

The only thing that will hand MD the baby is Dan and Urusla fighting over it and they take each other out.

I keep hoping the child is Max's and if by some miracle it is he should be angry that he was eliminated from having a voice. He's tried but because everyone assumes the child is Dan's Max is on the outside. If it is his and he loses the child I hope he refuses to hear MD's apology.
 

Well, the thing is, they can't do a paternity test until AFTER the baby is born. They can but there's a risk of miscarriage. Victor told Ursie that last night and she agreed there would be no paternity tests until after the baby was born.

Santibanez Scum coming after Maria Dolores to take her baby is a direct result of Isela telling them MD was pregnant (blackmailed by Maleny). I want to say MD told Isela she & Max had used protection.

So everyone is assuming because Max/Maria Dolores used protection it MUST be Dan's baby from the rape.

But we really don't know how far along Maria Dolores is. She doesn't appear to have ever gotten any pre-natal care.

I wouldn't blame Maria Dolores for a paternity mishap. Max & Maria Dolores should've gone down to the Justice of the Peace and tied the know without telling anyone and THEN had the church wedding.
 

It doesn't matter if the baby is Max or Dan's. The Santibanez' were going to take the baby away from Maria Dolores anyway. If it's Dan's, they use the baby to get Ivana's fortune; if it's Max, they dispose of the baby for revenge on Max.
 

"I want to say MD told Isela she & Max had used protection"

An example of what I said yesterday, MD withholds very important things from Max and he is the last to know (they did have the protection conversation twice) while intimate details of what transpires between MD and Max are known to Dan and his mother. Max ain't the one telling.
 

Why would MD need to inform Max that they used protection? He was there. He knows. Isela asked. MD told her.
 

I was afraid my comment would not be clear and know MD and Max had the protection/paternity conversation, twice. It was not Isela's business yet MD told her. MD was going to have a pregnancy test after the rape which Max didn't know about. MD lied about who she believed the father was only to disclose it after Max was in the hospital.
 

Max also thinks the baby is Dan's because he has not once questioned if the baby might be his. That's because he knows he & Maria Dolores used protection while Dan didn't when he raped MD.

Still, there could be a chance that Maria Dolores' baby is Max's...we don't know how far along she is and they could've had a defective condom. But this show stays away from the cliches so the baby is most likely Dan's.

Ivana needs serious counseling. Not every woman who gets pregnant is a personal insult to her.
 

UA, thank you for the recap it was really good and to the point but as usual the story is dark anyway this is going to be a short comment cuz I'm at work I got a little break. I am sorry for MD, the girl is her own worst enemy. she could tell max what's going on but she won't. I can understand her not wanting to worry her poor mother but the man is the lawyer and he might be packing some power to, but she won't tell him. anyways its just a big mess. And honoria and josefa, Ursula the 3- heffas, well it's just really bad for MD I'm sorry for her and I'm sorry for clara and leo, because Leo is a very unforgiving young man but he needs to think but he's too angry to think so... anyway all in all it was a good recap, the story is just dark, so dark. well anyway I'll have more to say later. Maybe.

Thanks again UA.
 

Someone here is missing the point of the paternity issue: MD and Isela were friends since childhood. That conversation took place before she knew about the affair with Claudio and MD had no clue that Isela had sold her out. That would be a normal conversation between two close female friends.

Honoria's attitude toward MD's feelings about Julian was always unreasonable. You have no control over whether anyone in this world loves you or yours. Julian knew that and he would be very upset with his mother about this.

Hosefa's attitude toward MD has always been insane.

Ivana needs serious counseling. Not every woman who gets pregnant is a personal insult to her.

So true.
 

Urban- ITA about MD speaking to Isela when she first suspected she was pregnant from the rape. Totally normal to speak to your BFF about something like that.
 

Amigos- I just realized that I have a work event tomorrow night that will keep me out till late. Can anyone fill in for me to recap tomorrow evening? If not, I may just have to put up a discussion page for the episode, and perhaps someone or the group can fill in the gaps in the comments.
 

Urban, I missed the part that Ursula plans on taking Ivana out again. Thanks for that info. To me, Ivana is just stupid about her surroundings.
 

We have to have a time jump because neither of these girls look even 3 months pregnant and there are only 17 episodes left.
Does anyone know what day the novela will end?
 

Sorry one last thing, did I understand that Max now knows MD's trial hasbropositioned but doesn't know Wrigh why or by whom.
 

**has been postpone
** there should be no Wrigh

This tablet is worse thanking cell phone.
 

There are a total of 122 hours to this series, so there will be 15 left after tonight. Univision typically pre-empts on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. With no other pre-emptions that would have this end on Wed, 1/6, but that doesn't seem likely unless there are double episodes of one of the others on Thursday and Friday of that week.
 

Vivi, I can try to post some very brief bullet points tomorrow unless someone else can do more.
 

What a fantastic recap, Urban... as have been the vast majority with this talented group of recappers. We have been lucky, and my thanks to you all.

Reliving it all with you all, I am still floored by who incredible the acting in the novela has been- and consistently, right across the board. In this episode, what a fabulous job by Luz Maria Jerez and Fabiola Guajardo in their confrontation as wife and lover. There are just so many nuances, and so many layers to all of these characters... they have all been given so many opportunities to display their acting chops and I think I can safely say that all of them consistently have risen to whatever occasion. Is it any wonder that the cast won some many awards in the acting catagories of the Premios last year- Adriana Louvier won best actress, Fabiola Guajardo won best co-star, Rosa Maria Bianchi won best First Actress (continuing a tradition of actresses winning playing now iconic evil matriarchs that goes back to Maria Rubio in ´Cuna de Lobos´, continuing through Ofelia Guilmain in ´Dias sin luna´, Marga Lopez in ´El privilegio de amar´, Jacqueline Andere in ´La Otra´, Daniela Romo in ´El Manantial´, Helena Rojo in both ´Abrazame muy fuerte´ and ´Mundo de fieras´ and Magda Guzman in ´Para volver a amar´- pretty stellar company!), Azela Robinson was voted best villana in the Favoritos del Publico, as was Flavio Medina, who also won best male antagonist, and Cecelia Toussaint won best supporting actress as Honoria.

But the entire cast just brings it so consistently. Somebody brought up Luz Maria Jerez a couple of days before- isn´t she just so consistently, and quietly, great?? I wish she´d be given a villana role. I´m doubt many people would remember or know this, but there was a fantastic telenovela from the late 90`s that starred Daniela Castro called ´Desencuentro´. I remember it most for having the most exquisite classical music for it´s background and incidental music. Anyway, Sra. Jerez played Sandra Lombardo, the supposed best friend of our protagonista and she was just so perfectly despicable and hateful. Her death was classic. In sating peignoir and negligee, she invited the villain over to her villa to celebrate mutual evil victories, as well as to blackmail him. She goes to serve him ¨un buenisssimo cognac¨ when all of a sudden he begins to garrote her! The classical music surges as she struggles for life. Then, just in the nick of time, the innocent patsy who´s loves her and who she uses announces his presence. Our villain drops Sandra to the floor and runs to hide. The poor patsy finds Sandra on the floor and rushes to revive her with the cognac. As she struggles to revive and gather her voice and her bearings she coughs and then looks at the poor concerned guy with the now empty snifter of cognac. Her eyes widen in horror- "you idiot! You´ve just poisoned me!" She had been planning on killing the villain with the cognac, only to wind up hoisted on her own petard! The poor schlepp keeps asking her what she means and what´s going on as the classical music swells again and Sandra begins writhing in her death agonies as the villain, concealed, chuckles to himself before sneaking out. Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and I guess my point is that whatever Sra. Jerez does, she seems to do well, and I´ve thoroughly enjoyed her very human and decent Alma here.


 

One last thing... regarding Marta, and Josefa and Isela´s relationship... did anybody see the movie ´Precious´?? I see some similarities there. In that movie, the mother despised the daughter for having been the object of rape and incest by the husband, viewing her with jealousy and as having ´stolen her man´. In YNCELH, Josefa isn´t AS bad (she doesn´t seem to bear any ill-will towards Marta´s memory for having been victimized by Josefa´s husband... perhaps if Marta was still alive things would be different), but I gather views Isela with bitterness and rancor for similar reasons: Isela is the product of a betrayal by Josefa´s husband with her own daughter. And every time she sees Isela she is reminded of this. OF course she´s going to wind up hating, resenting, and despising Isela. What´s worse is that Marta- the one thing Josefa professes to have LOVED (and here is where she sets herself on the positive side of things in contrast to the monster from ´Precious´) had the nerve to go and get killed, leaving Josefa with this constant reminder that NOW she is even RESPONSIBLE for!! No wonder she´s determined to find the reasons behind what not only took the one good thing that she had from her, but also are subsequently responsible for her being saddled with Isela for the rest of their lives- and PUNISH them to her utmost.

Just my two thoughts, here! :-) And my continued best wishes to all!!!
 

The problem with MD telling Max about what's going on in the prison is that the last time she told him something bad happened (the rape), he flew off the handle and got himself thrown in jail. He needs to be told in a place where he can pull himself together and think clearly before doing something rash. He doesn't have the pull his father has and could make things worse. Let Corina tell him away from the prison so he can come up with a plan. He does, however, have the benefit of being able to learn from his mistakes.

It's a skill Leo still needs. I hope if he does forgive Clara that she tells him to piss off until she's done with school. Let him stew awhile while she gets a career. And speaking of forgiveness, does anyone else find it very selfish for Isela (and anyone who done someone wrong) to beg/demand forgiveness? Like Alma owes her anything! Alma is probably the kind to forgive and let go, especially given her situation, but it's annoying that Isela should even make this demand before doing much to earn the compassion.

Kelly
 

Thanks, Cathyx! Now, just to be clear, I need cover for Wednesday's episode. Not tonight's. Let me know if that changes anything. Otherwise, if you have us covered for Wed, I won't bother to post a discussion page.
 

Stevey- How great of you to drop in. ITA with your assessment of all these actors.
 

Vivi, yes, I didn't realize that. I have less time in the morning Thursdays. I won't be able to do it. I'm sorry.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder