Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Antes muerta que Lichita February 29: Lichita continues to recover from her evil spell, but accepts Augusto's attentions.

  • Augusto continues to breathe down Alicia's neck asking her to become his lover. She flirts and puts him off but finally says yes, for Beto's sake. He announces their "formal relationship" in front of all Ikonika. Beto is disgusted. She is congratulated for rising to the top of the food chain.
  • Beto had managed to spend the night with Mateo in Augusto's penthouse (thereby conveniently hearing Augusto panting over Alicia). They later discuss how much Mateo has been asked to conceal (by Beto, by Sheila, by Augusto) and Mateo promises to help Beto so they can go away and live together forever. Beto tells Luciana the escape must be soon, and that Gumi is key because he's one of Augusto's bodyguards.
  • Since Nacho didn't pay the mortgage, their house was seized. Ximena says she'd be happy to live at Alicia's place forever, but what happens in fact is that Alicia buys the house and gives it back to Elsa and Nacho. Boy, she got rich fast! That apartment of hers is also yowza!
    Also - later, Nacho finds out he'll get all his money back.!!
  • Augusto sits in on a meeting, tells Alicia she has to be tougher with the employees. (This is some holographic bracelet that's supposed to encourage kids to stop playing video games and get up off their fat asses?)
  • Gumaro tells Beto: Augusto murdered his brother but the pillbox is no kind of proof.
  • The API dudes tell Beto they're calling for an audit. It is becoming clear (Augusto confirms it) that he's being set up to take a giant financial fall. Augusto tells Alicia: Beto will pay for every one of his lies, don't worry. Augusto reminds Beto: I hold all the cards (including custody of your son) and I'll play them when I'm ready.
  • Luciana and her mom are sitting on the bed gossiping happily about "mi Gumi" who Valeria cheerfully calls "so folklorico"! Bea arrives just in time to hear that Gumi is the father of Luciana's baby. She is stricken but recovers and forgives in record time! Then Luci tells Bea: your soon-to-be-ex is as sinister as they come! He, Augusto, bought the house in Buenos Aires under the table and kept the money. Bea points out it happened while they were still married so she gets half of it and says she'll put her lawyers on the case.
  • There were some commercials filmed under the direction of somebody who was famous but lousy. The client wants them redone - by Braulio! So Alicia, who hasn't spoken to Braulio since he left, has to trick him into meeting with her. Brisa comes too. Alicia eats humble pie and points out: Braulio never formally resigned - so she wants them both back and Braulio can be director of ALL the commercials going forward. He's hurt but Brisa talks him into it, saying she's getting a sincere vibe off Alicia. So they say yes.
  • Regarding Alicia's noviazgo with Augusto, Sandra tells Fatima: my pride is hurt, but not my heart. Elias hears her.
  • Nestor is back, and he says he's here to work, not gossip. He tells Chuchette: when I was in the hospital nobody but Alicia came to visit me. I've been so catty I have no friends. My wife didn't even come and/or bring the kids.
  • At the Gutierrez house, Ximena asks Alicia to go to a birthday party with her. Alicia says, shouldn't you ask your mom? Ximena says, Mom thinks the parties are boring.

    Gumaro shows up (I'm not sure why). Ximena is delighted that he doesn't need his wheelchair any more! He admits he never needed it and apologizes to Ximena for all his lies. She says "go and sin no more."
  • Luciana is surprised to see that Beto is still carrying the torch for Alicia, while she (Luci) has found the love of her life! She says it's tough when nobody wants you - look, she's trying empathy on for size!
  • Walking away from the Gutierrez home, Gumi is almost hit (unintentionally) by Alicia's car. She had been waiting for him in the dark. She says "what is up with Beto? tell me the truth!!"
The last episode is this coming Monday night!

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks Jane! I can't believe we have just a week left. I wish it was two. We don't have enough time for Augie's anvils to come one by one. Looks like it will be left up to the last episode.

I do like how all of the clues are slowly coming together, the files Sandra found, the pill box, the house and now the audit.

I thought Augie was going to swallow Alicia when he suddenly attacked, kissing her in front of all of the employees.

I still don't see how the audit will hold only Beto to the fire and not Augie. But maybe we are just supposed to buy in to the idea.

Glad Nestor has turned the corner.

Didn't think Alicia's apology to Brau was much of one.

I'm really going to miss this show and my patio peeps!


 

Tank yew Jane. I do appreciate it someone making sense of these nutty characters.
BTW I am ready for it to start raining amnvils for Sir Augo.

If Antes muerta que Lichita takes PayPal I will buy a squadron of them with express delivery.
 

Anvils.....die spell check
 

Re: "Gumi is key because he's one of Augusto's bodyguards."
Are we to believe that (know everything about everything) Augusto does not recognize Gumi as his former car polisher? Eye eye eye that is a stretch Univision.

 

Kirbo, I think he probably does but hasn't thought twice about it, especially if Draco vouched for him. If Augie took any interest in his family, i.e. Luci, he would know all about Gumi. Actually, Augie being out of the house has made it easier for the family to hide secrets from him which is what will come back to bite him!
 

A gig thank you to you Jane---Like Kirbo said, you are helping to make sense of these characters.

One thing that I didn't catch was what papers or file did Sandra find?

Kirbo---When this one comes out on DVD I too will buy it.

Carvivlie---Right, Roberto hasn't been with API for very long. The missing money probably goes back a long ways but I guess that we are supposed to go with what the writers give us.

Gummy has been snooping around for a while but has he really come up with much other than the pill box? Again, we will just have to go with the flow.

It will be hard when the flow stops next week. An evening without Maite or Ingrid will be hard but Kirbo, we'll have the DVDs.

must see tv
the gringo


 

Thanks, Jane! The recap was great! ". . . get them off their fat asses". gave me a good laugh this p.m.

My fave from last night:

Augusto giving Alicia a copy of "The Prince" by Machiavelli.
 

Thanks, Jane! I didn't get a chance to watch yet, but can't believe we only have one week left!

Gringo- I saw the files thing the other episode. Sandra found that the company got large payments for fantasy accounts-- accounts and campaigns they never had. What was strange is that Sandra said that no one else has noticed this before, when in fact, MANY episodes ago, when Sandra gave Alicia grunt work to do and had her look through old campaigns for no reason, Alicia discovered the same thing. But she seems to have forgotten all about it now.
 

Loved the title Jane.

Your recap was excellent and as always, sets just the right tone.

"Boy, she got rich fast! That apartment of hers is also yowza!" This made no sense to me but admit to being relieved Alicia's family has their house back.

For some reason, "Gumaro shows up (I'm not sure why)" made me smile. I imagine it is because he never really needs a reason in my book. I'm always happy to see him.

Gumi must be sporting Eduardo Santamaria's jacket. What do you all think?

The writers and actors are good. Why I even came close to smiling that Nacho doesn't intend to indulge in any gossip and that he is in Alicia's corner. A week ago, I wanted him out!

Yes, I want to see Augusto's takedown. And badly.

Jane, so enjoyed your recap. Thank you!

Diana
 

Diana,

I was surprised Nacho reacted so well to Alicia getting the house back. Didn't he yell at her that he didn't want her help the day they lost it? I guess now that nice Alicia is back, it makes it all okay. Or maybe he has calmed down a bit. I'm still surprised at how easily he was forgiven, even by Elsa.
 

Awesome Jane. On the run but wanted to thank you for this.

Carvivle, I totally agree, Alicia didn't apologize to Braulio and still got what she wanted.
 

Gringo, Bud....The DV is a good Idea, but what I am willing to PayPal for a (squadron) thunderstormful of is ANVILS. Ha ha I know I am the only one who understands my looney writing, I will try to do better. Sorry.
 

@Vivi..What a good recall. Now that you jog my memory I also recall when Sandra was trying to overload Alicia, Alicia discovered the same irregularities. I remember feeling sorry for Alicia as she was drowning under a mountain of those folders. Alicia mentioned to someone that there were account names with large monies associated, and no evidence of other activity. Alicia commented at the time that this is usually a red flag of illegal activity.
 

I enjoy/need the recaps of this show. I was struggling with my high school Spanish to understand what was going on. Thanks to you all, I can really enjoy this show and I am learning so many new words and phrases. Thanks much!
 

Great recap, Jane. I don't get time to check C2 often, but when I do, it's still just as wonderful as ever. This week I'm traveling and couldn't watch...so thanks! Schoolmarm Jeanne
 

Augusto is so huge that when he wants to be menacing it's overwhelming. I saw just a little of tonight's episode and was so struck that even though he was in her face yelling, Alicia did not back down. I couldn't do that!
 

Why is Alicia suddenly dressing like Judy Jetson?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder