Wednesday, July 03, 2024

COMING SOON...

Hello, hello everyone!

Our blog's going strong with all the amazing recaps by our spectacular recappers!

(Recappers mentioned in alphabetical order for each telenovela:)

On the Telemundo page, dondi and Steve just finished providing us with fantastic recaps for El Señor de los Cielos 9! Novelera has started incredible recaps for El Conde: Amor y Honor!

On the Primetime page, there's some discussion on Golpe de Suerte, but no recaps yet. Double episodes can't have made the situation better.

Meanwhile, splendid recaps are written by the El Amor no Tiene Receta gang, which includes Adriana, Blue Lass, Urban and Weirdo (me) in standalone pages!

Last but definitely not least, we have Vivir de Amor getting marvellous recaps by Diana on the Daytime page, who has the MONSTROUS task of recapping a novela with 125 episodes alone!

So, what's next? What's coming? What are our brave recappers going to face next? If you're wondering, you've come to the right page.


Here are all the telenovelas that are coming soon, both to Univisión and Telemundo, in order of Gran Estreños (if the US Gran Estreño isn't known, by the order of Mexico's Gran Estreño):

(Note that the writers and directors can be a bit off from the ones written. For whatever reason Wikipedia changes them something like 10 times until the novela starts. I've made some changes both today and yesterday.)


Marea de Pasiones (Tide of passions)

(Translation of the picture's phrase: The truth hides in what's deepest) 

Network: TelevisaUnivisión 

Remake/Continuation: Remake of the Portuguese telenovela "Paixão" (2017)

Main actors: Oka Giner, Matías Novoa

Plot: Copy-pasted from Wikipedia: Luisa (Giner) and Marcelo (Novoa) see their marriage plans tarnished after the murder of Alejandro, Luisa's father, as Marcelo seems to be the main suspect in the murder. In reality, behind Alejandro's murder is Zaid (Alejandro de la Madrid), an ambitious man obsessed with Luisa. To strengthen the suspicion on Marcelo, Zaid has a guerrilla group kidnap him, so that everyone believes he fled. His disappearance shatters Luisa's heart, as she thinks he is guilty of her father's murder. Luisa finds out she is pregnant and confesses it to Zaid, who asks her to marry him and let him assume paternity. Luisa accepts in order to prevent her child from being rejected. After seven years, Marcelo returns, after escaping from his captors. Upon his return, everything is different and he and Luisa must fight against all odds to make their love a reality.

Writer(s): --> Developed by: Claudia Velazco

--> Written by: Jaime Esteban, Orellana Morales, José Ramón Menéndez, Paulina Barros, Francisco Olivé, Rossana Ruíz. Giselle González is also mentioned.

Director(s): Rodrigo Cachero, Carlos Cock Marín, Javier Pastrón Fox

Producer(s): Giselle González (executive), Julieta de la O

Current status: Starting on 15 July (9 PM) in THE USA. Started in MEXICO on 4 March and finished on 31 May (65 total episodes).


La Historia de Juana (Juana's story)

(Translation of the picture's phrase: Their love was born when they least expected it)

Network: TelevisaUnivisión 

Remake/Continuation: Yes, of "Juana la Virgen" (2002). The story has had many remakes in different countries, such as "Jane the Virgin" in the US and "Παρθένα Ζωή" ("Virgin Zoi" - double meaning: "Ζωή" is a female name but it also means "life") in Greece.

Main actors: Camila Valero, Brandon Peniche

Plot: Copy-pasted from Wikipedia: Juana Guadalupe Bravo (Valero) is a charming and daring twenty year old virgin whose goal is to graduate with a degree in engineering. She is the first woman in her family to go to college and only thinks of improving her life. During a health checkup, she mistakenly gets pregnant through a process of artificial insemination. Juana's life is turned upside down and she has to learn to experience motherhood without first having had the experience of being a woman [really now? "being a woman"?] or falling in love. The baby's father is Gabriel Rubio (Peniche), a powerful man who has recently survived cancer. This experience makes him rethink his life and his goals as he realizes that he is missing something that makes him feel that his life will continue after his death: a child.

Writer(s): Verónica Suárez, Basilio Álvarez, Felipe Silva - Wikipedia also listed Perla Farías. I'm not sure if she was listed because she wrote the OG or because she co-wrote La Historia de Juana.

Director(s): Rolando Ocampo, Luis Manzo, Carlos Santos

Producer(s): Patricio Wills (executive), Jorge Sastoque Roa

Current status: It aired in MEXICO on 3 June. Without any extra episodes added, it'll have around 65.


Fugitivas, en busca de la libertad (Fugitives, in search of freedom)

Network: TelevisaUnivisión 

Remake/Continuation: Yes, of the Chilean telenovela "Preciosas" (2016)

Main actors: Daniela Álvarez, Sachi Tamashiro, Rocío de Santiago, Marlene Kalb

Plot: Four women, Frida (Tamashiro), Lisset (de Santiago), Lorena (Álvarez) and Montse (Kalb) meet in prison. They're all serving sentences, but one of them is unfairly accused. At some point there's a mass breakout and they escape, finding refuge to a bar, trying to start a new life.

Writer(s): --> Developed by: Lucero Suárez, Jimena Merodio

--> Written by: Carmen Sepúlveda, Luis Reynoso

Director(s): Santiago Barbosa, Jorge Robles

Producer(s): Lucero Suárez (executive), Ángel Villaverde

Current status: Aired in MEXICO on 1 July. This replaced Receta. If no extra episodes are added, expect around 85.


Mi Amor sin Tiempo (My timeless love/My love without time)

(Translation of the picture's phrase: That's how my timeless love is. How is yours?)

Network: TelevisaUnivisión

Remake/Continuation: Remake of "Tres mujeres" (1999)

Main actors: Leticia Calderón, Karla Esquivel, Juana Arias

Plot: Greta (Calderón) (55) and her daughters Bárbara (Arias) (32) and Fátima (Esquivel) (25), despite their different ages, have a very similar love situation. They all are in a seemingly stable relationship until real love comes and they start doing things they didn't even imagine themselves doing, including going against social norms.

Writer(s): Martha Carrillo, Cristina García

Director(s): Nelinho Acosta, Luis Eduardo Reyes

Producer(s): Carlos Moreno (producer of MANY telenovelas, including En Nombre se Amor, which I STILL haven't had a chance to watch)

Current status: The air date for MEXICO is July 8th. Without any extra episodes added, expect around 95.


El Ángel de Aurora (Aurora's angel)

(Translation of the picture's phrase: Nothing stronger than love)

Network: TelevisaUnivisión 

Remake/Continuation: An original story, but based on Ricardo Rentería's work (I assume literature).

Main actors: Natalia Esperón, Jorge Salinas, Rafael Novoa

Plot: Not much info, surprisingly. It's a story about a mother who fights to find her child and make justice. Love is the central point of the story.

Writer(s): Elena Aguilera, Jorge Sierra

Director(s): Luis Vélez, Aurelio Ávila

Producer(s): Roy Rojas

Current status: Will air in MEXICO on 29 July. Without any extra episodes added, expect around 125.


Tierra de agua, siempre tú (Land of water, always you)

(Working title was: El Precio de Amarte (The price of loving you))

Network: TelevisaUnivisión 

Remake/Continuation: Two sites claim different things here. The first claims it's a remake of the Portuguese telenovela "Amor Maior" (2016). The other claims it's a remake of the Portuguese telenovela "Terra brava" (2019). They both agree it's a remake of a Portuguese telenovela. I read the plots for both and they very well could be both the actual original story. Your guess is as good as mine. If I had to bet, I'd say Terra Brava.

Main actors: Scarlet Gruber and Marcus Ornellas 

Plot: The telenovela revolves around Rodrigo (Ornellas) who abandoned his family as a child. When he returns several years later, he wants to discover why he was forced to move away, but his search for the truth is diverted by a passionate love story.

Writer(s): yet to be confirmed 

Director(s): yet to be confirmed 

Producer(s): Carmen Armendáriz

Current status: Will air in MEXICO on 2 September. Without any extra episodes added, we'll get about 50 episodes.


Papás por Conveniencia (Parents for/because of convenience)

Network: TelevisaUnivisión 

Remake/Continuation: According to my sources, it's a remake of the Turkish dizi "Kizim" (2018).

Main actors: Ariadne Díaz, José Ron

Plot: We start off with Tino (Ron), a single father who faces many challenges to raise his two children. One day, he learns he's also the father of two rebel teens, children of Aidé (Díaz). Aidé, apparently, is an old classmate of Tino who has turned into a business magnate. So, yep, these two become a family... for convenience.

Writer(s): Pedro Armando Rodríguez

Director(s): Benjamín Cann, Fernando Nesme

Producer(s): Rosy Ocampo (executive), Daniel Estrada, Raúl Estrada

Current status: Is set to premiere in MEXICO on 21 or 28 October. With no extra episodes, we'll get around 82 epis.


Sed de venganza (Thirst for revenge)

Network: Telemundo

Remake/Continuation: No

Main actors: Isabella Castillo, Danilo Carrera

Plot: Fernanda Ríos (Castillo) is a woman trying to escape the horrors of her childhood, but she gets involved in the dark world of Eugenio Beltrán (Diego Olivera), (a dude who has serious beef with some De Pina family), due to lies and blackmail and she's forced to execute the horrible plans of his. But because no telenovela is complete without a love story, she falls in love with a young man called Fransisco (Carrera). Like the situation wasn't already complicated, Fransisco learns that Fernanda was responsible for ruining his life in the past and is of course... thirsty for revenge.

Writer(s): Eric Vonn

Director(s): Camilo Vega, Miguel Varoni, Uandari Gómez

Producer(s): Ximena Cantuarias, Rafael Uriostegui

Current status: Filming has started 


La Dinastía Casillas (The Casillas Dynasty)

Network: Telemundo

Remake/Continuation: Yes, the 10TH season of "El Señor de los Cielos" - or simply a spin off of ESLDC

Main actors: Carmen Aub, Iván Arana - Rafael Amaya will NOT be in this one

Plot: Rutila (Aub), Ismael (Arana) and the heirs of the Casillas are ready to prove that the family legacy runs in their veins. But their father's enemies are searching for power and revenge and the Casillas will start facing challenges. Of course, they will not back down at any threat. 

Writer(s): yet to be confirmed 

Director(s): yet to be confirmed 

Producer(s): yet to be confirmed 

Current status: air date in 2025


Perseguida (Persecuted/Chased)

Network: Telemundo

Remake/Continuation: Yes, remake of "Señora Acero" (2014) (see picture).

Main actors: TBD

Plot: "Perseguida" tells the story of Gloria Guzmán, who's life turns into a telenovela when at her wedding day her fiancé is murdered. She has a child with her murdered fiancé as well. After this scandal, she's abandoned by everyone and goes to the dark path of money laundering to save her kid.

Writer(s): yet to be confirmed 

Director(s): yet to be confirmed 

Producer(s): yet to be confirmed 

Current status: early stages 


La Familia Aile (The Aile Family) - TURKISH NOVELA/DIZI

Network: Telemundo

Remake/Continuation: ? - not clear, probably original 

Main actors: Serenay Sarikaya, Kivanc Tatlitug

Plot: Couldn't find much, here's a short description: Aslan (Tatlitung) is a young man who is the leader of the crime family business of Soykanlar and runs a nightclub. Devin (Sarikaya), on the other hand, is a young and successful psychologist. Aslan and Devin meet each other on a flight to Istanbul. Of course they fall in love. Devin will start diagnosing some weird stuff in Aslan's family (which of course, in classic Turkish fashion, includes a matriarch). Another source says that "it narrates the life of a notable criminal family".

Writer(s): Hakan Bonomo

Director(s): Ahmet Katıksız

Producer(s) (for Turkey/Türkiye): Kerem Çatay

Current status: ?


Discussion topics:

• Which ones are you probably going to watch/recap?

• Which one are you most excited to see?


I'll see you in the comments ;)


Comments:
Thanks, Weirdo. This is wonderful. I especially appreciated the number of episodes each of these has or might have. Lately, I like to know what I am getting into whether it be as a viewer or a recapper.
 

I'll personally take a look at Marea, it sure looks intriguing. I hope I like it enough to recap it.

If I have time I'll check out La Historia de Juana because I've watched the Greek remake of the OG and want to compare them. Maybe I'll recap if I have more time.

I'm definitely checking out Fugitivas, such an interesting story. Can't wait for that one to start. I've (almost) signed my name as a recapper.

As much as I love Lety, I'm probably not watching Mi Amor sin Tiempo. The plot doesn't drag me in. Also, that 16:30 time slot is alarming. I like darker novelas, hard to have that so early.

Long telenovelas are my guilty pleasure, so El Ángel de Aurora is going to my watchlist. Plus, I'll finally have a chance to see Jorge Salinas. Unacceptable that I haven't watched a telenovela with him yet. Hope I have time to recap.

Tierra de Agua is kind of meh-appearing to me. Plus, I have to leave out some telenovelas, because otherwise I'll start having severe sleep deprivation issues.

Conveniencia... The same as Tierra. I think I'm out of that one.

Sed de Venganza is huge yes for me. But please, without Carrera's made-up (?) accent. I've had enough of it in Invencible. I'd like to recap this too, it's been a while since I recapped in the Telemundo page.

I have never watched El Señor de los Cielos so watching the 10th season doesn't make sense.

If I have time I'll watch Perseguida too. I've never watched Señora Acero, something I'll start complaining about to every person within earshot from now on. I will definitely leave everyone alone when Perseguida starts.

Lastly, I'm not a fan of Turkish dizis, so Aile is not going to my watchlist.

Forgot to say the pictures don't belong to me yada yada. Legal details that are probably useless.
 

Jarifa, our comments crossed.

Thanks! I definitely understand wanting to know the number of episodes. A few years ago I didn't care but now especially when I'm recapping I want to know too. E.g. 125 episodes (Ángel) is almost double of 65 (Marea). I like both short and long ones, but I want to know if I'm watching a short or a long one.

By the way, have we ever co-recapped a telenovela? I don't think so. Hope we can work together in one of these.
 

Weirdo, thank you for letting us know what is coming up .

I will try " Marea". Ill have to wait and see what looks interesting to me when these others pop-up. We waited quite awhile to get " El Conde" on Telemundo, and I just started watching that one. I like Turkish dizis, and I like the galan in this one , so I am looking forward to that. Susan
 

Thanks, Weirdo! That was a lot of work.

I will check out MAREAS, since it’s nice and short and probably has farm animals. I liked Oka Giner in THE FIVE MARIAS.
 

Weirdo, you did an excellent job on this. Your format was simple and straightforward and the pictures were fantastic!

It's so helpful to see what is next; there are some good choices here.

Marea is a must for me, the storyline seems compelling and a bit different. I have enjoyed both leads in other things.

Papas is worth a look because of Jose Ron and Ariadne Diaz.

Thank you for all your efforts in doing this; greatly appreciated!

Diana
 

Thanks Weirdo for the list of upcoming telenovelas. I'm looking forward to "Papás por Conveniencia," which looks like a light and frothy telenovela. I like light novelas by Rosy Ocampo, especially the ones that feature Jaime Camil. "Kizim" aired on Telemundo a few years ago, and "Papás por Conveniencia" has a different plot. I'm also interested in seeing the other cast members, which include África Zavala, Ferdinando Valencia, Ernesto Laguardia, Sherlyn, and Lambda García.
 

Oh, I haven't seen Sherlyn or Ernesto LaGuardia in a telenovela in a long time . I am currently watching him in Amor Real reruns. I saw Lambda in a dance competition show recently. I will give Papas a look. Susan
 

I may have to see how I can get Univision because some of those look good, especially Fugitivas! Otherwise I’m in with Sed, which sounds interesting. I haven’t seen a Turkish show since La Sultana, but this one might be worth watching too, even if it doesn’t have tiaras. Anything to help with the Spanish. I’m realizing how bad it’s gotten while watching El Conde. Caray.

KC
 

Thanks for the rundown, Weirdo. This took a lot of research and the pictures are what I need to remember each upcoming. My usual plan is to watch all the premieres and see which one draws me in. Fugitivas sounds really novel so that's the one I'm most curious about.
 

Thanks so much, Weirdo.

I will probably watch Mareas and whatever replaces Receta. Of course I will volunteer to recap El Angel de Aurora as I have been waiting for the next series on my favorite actor's resume even if he's playing yet another toxic father. Others TBD.

It's a pity we can't see these in advance on Vix.
 

Thank you, Weirdo, for bringing us all the upcoming deets!!! Looks fantastic, I would like to watch most of them, but I find myself busier and busier these days, so we'll see what the schedule allows.

I’ll probably check out Marea. I really like Oka Giner, but I am not crazy about Matias Novoa…. we’ll see.

Fugitivas looks interesting too.

Tierra de agua is a maybe. I am a huge fan of Scarlet Gruber, but not so much with Marcus Ornellas, I don’t dislike him, he’s just not a draw. I might check it out though depending on what else I am or am not watching at the time it starts and how busy I am.

I saw a promo for Sed de Venganza and it looks interesting. Isabella Castillo is a good actress, she’s very charismatic. She’s also a very good singer but who knows whether her character will sing or not. Carrera isn’t a personal favorite but he’s okay. I’ll probably check it out.

I like Senora Acero but I don’t see any reason to watch a remake…

I have enjoyed every DIZI I’ve ever seen, so La Familia Aile sounds worth checking out!!

 

Thanks for putting this together, Weirdo.

I’ll check out all the Telemundo offerings. I’m rarely over at Uni. Lately I spend a lot of time in diziland.

I’ve already seen the first 5 Turkish episodes of Aile/The Family. It’s only 30 Turkish episodes in total. It’s got a great cast. Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ and Serenay Sarıkaya have chemistry. Unfortunately, I couldn’t continue weekly viewing when it aired due to lack of time. I’ll be watching and would be willing to recap.

I agree, Darcy, why give us a remake of Señora Acero?

I read that my current dizi obsession, Yalı Çapkını/Kingfisher/Golden Boy, is coming to Telemundo Puerto Rico. Two Turkish seasons are complete and a third will start in September. This had record-breaking ratings and has been sold to 120 countries. I don’t know if this means it will come to Telemundo in the US.

 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder