Thursday, July 23, 2026
TELEMUNDO Y MÁS (#2): El Señor de los Cielos, Lejos de Tí, Golden Boy y más: Week of July 20, 2026
TELEMUNDO WEEKEND EDITION (continuación)
Here's Page 2 for the week. The current telenovelas are as follows (all times are Eastern Daylight Time):
- El Señor de los Cielos
- Lejos de Tí
- Yali Çapkini/Golden Boy
Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation. Since discussions of all the Telemundo novelas share the same page, please remember to put the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post, so readers can easily find the conversations they're looking for.
By common agreement, this group DOES NOT DISCUSS previews, trailers, or any other plot information not found in a current or past episode of the current production. Spoilers WILL be removed by the admin. This includes references to earlier productions of the story, and even the original novel. Thanks for your cooperation!
Labels: golden, lejos, senor10, telemundo
What I meant about the one-word label has nothing to do with Google. It is the way people who come to the Caray, Caray blog can search for telenovela recaps that aired in the past.
Jueves – Part 1 of 2 We again see Alya find Cihan’s plane ticket to Istanbul. Alya has stayed up and greets Cihan and Kaya on their return, a bit like Sadakat often did. Cihan goes to see Deniz/Cihan.
Nadim is enraged to see Ecmel arrive at his home. I must confess I don’t remember why Nadim hates Ecmel so much. Ecmel says Cihan, Sadakat and Kaya are to blame for what happened, something about the bandage on his arm. Nadim says Ecmel found the false Hamada, and he was blamed. Zerrin looks on skeptically. Maybe she can recognize when Ecmel is lying (when his lips are moving).
Ecmel keeps working on Nadim. He wants them to be partners in the contraband. Nadim orders him out. As Ecmel is descending the stairs, Zerrin asks her father if this partnership was discussed with Sahin. She’s told to butt out. Nadim watches from above as his devious son shakes hands with the devil.
We get another failed family meal at Casa Albora. Sada wonders why everyone is so silent. She thinks it’s because of the year’s mourning event. She then announces that Ipek’s parents will also come to the one-year anniversary of Boran’s death. She starts pushing a wedding soon. Kaya says not right now. She keeps it up and he explodes and rushes out. Cihan orders Sada not to talk weddings at the ceremony for Borna. Alya leaves. Again, Sadakat dines alone.
Cihan consoles Kaya and even tells him it’s okay to back out of marrying Ipek. Kaya says he agreed to the marriage, and he will marry her. Just not yet.
In their room Alya is trying to get something out of Cihan, to understand what’s happened. She asks if maybe the way he’s behaving is because he’s like Kaya, not really wanting to be with her. And she wonders if it’s because of the one-year Boran thing. [Naturally Sadakat put that in her head.] She begs him to tell her why he’s pulling away from her. He says it’s nothing. She shows him the plane ticket she found. He still clams up. She wonders if he might have gone to see Meryam (his former fiancée). Cihan sort of smiles at that but still won't say what's going on.
Deniz/Cihan comes in to put an end to this painful conversation. He wants them all to sleep together again. This does not happen.
Sahin confronts Ecmel about working with the Baybars. Ecmel deduces that Zerrin told him. Ecmel tells his son that he no longer trusts him. Sahin: Don’t do business with Demir! He thinks it might be drugs they’ll be moving. Ecmel denies this. Who knows?
Cihan tells Kaya he needs to tell the truth about Boran. He’s in anguish. He finds Alya’s locket with his picture inside and is more anguished.
Deniz/Cihan gets a toothache. Alya and Cihan fuss over him. Sada, as always, makes things worse, poohpoohing the boy’s pain and scaring him by saying it’s only his milk teeth falling out. They seem to have taken him to town to check this and are walking through the streets when the boy spies Vargun. He runs right up, saying Vargun used to work in his father’s restaurant in Toronto. Alya is suspicious about why he’s now in Mardin.
Jueves – Part 2 of 2 Alya calls one Shukran, a former patient, who seems to work for the airlines. She asks for the names of some passengers. She says she knows it’s irregular, but the woman agrees. Alya gives the ticket number she found in Cihan’s clothes. Shukran says the passengers were Cihan, Kadir, and Muzaffer. Alya has a memory of when she met Cihan on the road where vehicle traffic was stopped by some authorities.
Nare tells Cihan she’s going to the memorial and doesn’t want him to drive her. She comes to the Albora offices to see Boran. We see that Sahin has followed her and is looking on. But, of course, he can't see inside the building.
Nadim calls Cihan, something about Kaya, but we don’t find out why because Cihan is in a hurry.
Quite a few people came to the memorial. There’s an imam and people praying aloud.
Nare is with Boran when there’s a medical crisis.
Ipek’s father, a guest at the memorial, mentions moving up the wedding to next week. The guy says Sadakat suggested it. But she’s shaking her head, and I wonder if maybe Ipek told her farther that. [Boy, it seems that all dizis have an arranged (often forced) marriage.] Cihan interjects looking every bit the paterfamilias. He assures them that the wedding will happen, just not that soon.
Vargun calls Cihan about Boran’s medical crisis. Alya watches from the high balcony as Cihan, Kaya, Kadir and Muzzafer rush off.
Alya follows them. We see Sahin peeking from behind a car.
Alya confronts Kadir and insists on going in. Sahin is banging on the door and shouting to be let in.
We see a doctor is there, telling his family that Boran is now stable.
Alya enters the room. Just like when Cihan approached in Istanbul, there’s a velvet drape hiding the face of the patient. “What’s going on?” She approaches, sees Boran, and gasps loudly.
Whew. I’m SO glad she’s found out. It’s going to be messy, but the way Cihan seemed to stop caring for her was not sustainable.
Golden Boy – Yali Capkini – Poder y Traicion
Episode 75 #1 of 9
“Promesa Rota” “Broken Promise”
Partial recap from previous episode. Seyran, Suna, and Esme are in a restaurant after shopping. Suna is still looking unhappy. Esme tells her if they were still in Antep, she would would be jumping for joy. Suna tells her that’s true, but that this came about so suddenly. Seyran teases her that she has been looking for a husband for an eternity. Just then, someone walks up in a bright red coat. Oh Joy! It’s Zerrin. She greets them, and Seyran remembers seeing her before at the yali. Zerrin asks Seyran to speak privately with her.
Seyran begs the others to excuse her and follows Zerrin to the other side of the restaurant.
Zerrin introduces herself. Seyran looks for support, but she’s far from Suna and Esme. Zerrin tells her she expects her to apologize to Pelin for what she did. Zerrin says she should understand how she feels by putting herself in her position. Seyran says she is unable to do that. She adds that she already apologized directly to Pelin. She says she doesn’t know what Pelin told her, …
Zerrin, interrupting: My daughter didn’t say anything. I found out on my own. You knew they were in a relationship. You accepted it at first.
Seyran: I don’t think we should talk about this here.
Zerrin: You think not? Then let’s sit down with your mother and talk to her. (Seyran clears her throat.) And, what’s the matter? She doesn’t know about this, does she? She doesn’t know that you came between them, but at least I see you’re ashamed of what you did. I’d call that progress. Listen, kid, if you’ve done anything that would embarrass your mother, that means you’ve messed up. You accepted that Ferit was in a relationship, and now you’re just trying to take advantage, but I’m going to stop you. Because Ferit made my daughter promises.
Seyran: Like you said, I didn’t make those promises. Ferit did. I’ve made no promises to your daughter, so it’s no concern of mine.
Zerrin: Of course it is. If you were the person who’d been lied to, you’d come after the other woman. It’s tough, now that you’ve seen how the Korhans live. Their home, their wealth. You like it, and you’ve developed a taste for it. I know you think staying with him is a good investment. Don’t deny it.
Seyran laughs at this: You must not understand how things worked out.
Zerrin: I can see for myself. I even know you were shameless enough to bring your sister to my daughter’s house. And my stupid daughter agreed to help her without objection. Is this how they taught you to return a favor?
Seyran: Look, don’t disrespect me. Do you want me to offend you?
Zerin: Calm down, we’re just talking. But it is about time someone told you the unvarnished truth.
Seyran sighs deeply: I don’t want to talk to you anymore. I get that you’re her mother, but I don’t want to be insulted while I make my mother wait.
Zerrin agrees but then gives Seyran her cell phone so she can put in her contact information for them to meet later, unless she wants her to join them at their table.
Seyran takes the phone and puts in the contact information. Then Zerrin walks out.
Seyran returns to Suna and Esme. Esme asks what happened, and Seyran tells her nothing interesting. She tells her she saw her at the house and wanted to meet her.
Babachita
Episode 75 #2 of 9
Esme accepts this, but Suna is busy making eye contact with Seyran. Esme ordered coffee with a small cookie. Seyran’s phone rings and it’s Ferit. She doesn’t answer and says she will call later. They haven’t had a chance like this to be together in a while, and she’s sure Ferit will understand. However, just then, Suna gets a call from Ferit. Esme tells her to answer, unless Seyran and Ferit are fighting. Suna answers. She tells Ferit they are having coffee and that is why Seyran didn’t answer. Ferit goes on to tease her that he will finally be rid of her since she has a suitor. She doesn’t respond but instead asks him if he called about something important.
Ferit: I don’t know. Did Seyran tell you what is going on? Is she still tense?
Seyran: Uh-huh. That’s right.
Ferit: Anyway, I have news. Seyran and I will be chaperoning you. It’s what our parents decided.
Suna tells him she will let Seyran know.
Ferit: Help me out, Suna. I need you to calm your sister before the dinner. I’d be forever grateful. So much that I’ll help you with anything you need.
Esme: Give him my best, Suna.
Ferit waits for an answer and finally Suna tells him: Alright. My mother sends her regards. We’ll talk later. Goodbye.
Ferit doesn’t look too encouraged by that phone call. He starts reading one of the documents he is supposed to be working on and wonders to himself: What does “dividend” mean?
[Uh oh! He really needs to learn a lot from his boss!!!] He looks it up on his phone, so maybe it will work out if he takes the initiative like this.
The girls are back from shopping and the restaurant. Suna exchanges glances with Abidin, who says he will take their purchases upstairs. Then she rushes to join Seyran as they walk into the yali.
Seyran: I’m sorry. I’m about to explode! I didn’t want to say anything in front of Abidin, and before that, Mom was there. But do you know who that woman was?
Suna: Who?
Seyran: Pelin’s mother! She’s a total psycho, and she insulted me. I had to keep quiet because I didn’t want Mom finding out who she was.
Suna: Another psycho! That’s the last thing we need.
Seyran: To top it off, know what she said? That I have to apologize to her daughter. Talk about shameless.
Suna: It’s fine, Seyran. Let it go! Don’t stoop to her level.
Seyran: I should have told her that it’s her daughter who should be apologizing for how much she’s made me suffer. Ay, Ferit! He’s the reason for my misfortune. She called me a bad person, said that I’m in the wrong, not her daughter. What a joke! It’s like these people’s purpose is to drive me crazy! If this girl’s going to keep meddling in our lives, we’ll never have a future. Psycho!
Suna: OK, Seyran, just calm down. Everything’s going to be fine.
Seyran: What did she expect? She offended me. She thinks I’m in this for the money. That I’m only with him for convenience. The idiot!
Suna, starting to get wound up: She said that? I’m going to shut that witch’s mouth for offending you.
This cheers up Seyran, who hugs her sister: Oh Sister, you’re the best!
Suna says Zerrin is a real witch. Suna already is not in a very good mood because of her upcoming date.
Seyran notices this: I passed my bad mood onto you. Forget this. Tonight is about you. Seyran notices Abidin bringing the packages.
Seyran takes Suna into the house, but not before Suna and Abidin exchange meaningful glances.
Babachita
Episode 75 #3 of 9
At the Korhan building, Hattice tells Ifakat thank you. Ifakat tells her it was a pleasure and that Suna is an important girl and that she is thinking of her future. [I have my doubts that she’s thinking of a “good” future, but that’s just MHO.]
Halis tells Hattice she can wait with Kazim in his office so they can talk about this a little more. Hattice declines: Let them meet and dine and after that we can talk.
Ifakat asks permission to leave.
Halis: If you know that family well, then you know about our past. This time I’ll choose to believe you’re doing this for Suna’s future, because you saw someone worthy of her. [Halis has doubts. I hope he acts on them quickly!]
Ifakat [another snake]: That’s right. Thank you for appreciating my perspective. The battles of the past ought to remain there.
Halis: I couldn’t agree more. The mother of the girl who stayed at our house was here, the one who lives in London. She happens to know Nukhet. She brought me good news. News that reminds me that life is too short to spend harboring animosity.
Ifakat: May Allah light what’s left of our path.
Halis: Amen.
Ifakat takes her leave.
At the yali, Abidin is walking fast up the driveway and looks toward their secret alley. Just then, Ferit drives up and hugs him energetically. Ferit notices how sad Abidin is and asks what’s wrong.
Abidin: It’s nothing. I have to get back to work.
Ferit: Abidin, I don’t like to see you sad. Did anyone offend you? (Abidin shakes his head.) Then what’s wrong?
Abidin looks towards his alley, and then back at Ferit: I’m just tired. Don’t go getting any ideas, OK? Look, Ferit, I might have to leave.
Ferit protests: That’s not true. Abidin, I don’t understand! What’s wrong? That’s ridiculous. I don’t know what’s going on, but I’ll confront my family if I have to. If anyone hurt you, I’ll make them apologize. You’re part of my life, and I love you like a brother.
Abidin: Alright, it’s fine. Don’t exaggerate.
Ferit: If you leave, I’ll leave with you. Come here, I want to give you a big hug.
Ferit looks exuberant while Abidin looks stricken during this abrazo. Ferit hugs him for a long time.
Ferit: Be strong.
Abidin: OK, Ferit.
As Ferit walks away, he makes the heart sign and shows it beating hard from his chest.
Abidin is still very impactado.
Upstairs in Suna’s room, Seyran is all dressed up and is helping Suna get ready. Seyran tells her she is lovely and shouldn’t be so worried. It’s just a dinner and Seyfer will be there. Suna [this is the truth!!!] tells her she is also worried about them ending up fighting.
Seyran: Part of me is still mad at him. On the one hand, this woman just showed up and it’s not Ferit’s fault. But, on the other hand, if he’d been honest from the beginning, this wouldn’t be happening. I’m confused! I don’t know how I should feel. My head and my heart are at odds.
Babachita
Episode 75 #4 of 9
Suna: Seyran, it’s pointless. It’s true that this wouldn’t be happening if Ferit didn’t exist. But we’d still be in Antep, punished and always having to cook and clean. It’s not Ferit’s fault or yours. That woman’s just protecting her daughter, that’s all. I’m not sure even Pelin knows what her mother’s doing.
Seyran: You’d understand if you’d spoken to that woman. She’s ever weirder than her daughter.
There’s a knock on the door. Ferit enters. He teases Suna that now that she is all ready, he can see that she’s running away from home the first chance she gets.
Suna: I wish it were that easy to escape where you don’t want to be.
Ferit: Why do I feel tension between the sisters? Are you hiding something? Is there a problem?
Seyran: Ferit, wait. Can we talk upstairs while you get ready for dinner?
Just as she asks this, he notices she doesn’t have her ring on, which ruins his cheerful mood.
When they get upstairs, he asks her why she isn’t wearing the ring.
Seyran: That doesn’t matter right now. That woman showed up when we were shopping. My mom almost found out who she was.
Ferit: What woman?
Seyran: The mother of your lover. She defended Pelin and reminded me of all the promises you made her daughter.
Ferit: You shouldn’t have listened to her. That woman’s crazy. She stalked you? Do you know how she found you?
Seyran: Of course not, Ferit. I don’t know if it was on purpose or a coincidence. Although I doubt it was a coincidence. That woman is crazy. She’s very strange.
Ferit: I should talk to her. Something must be done. Pelin has to answer for her mother. The things that Pelin told her drove her mad.
Seyran: Forget it. I don’t want you talking to her. Look at me, Ferit, this is important. It’s really important that you not call Pelin. Do you understand? It’s important because if you seek her out, my family could find out, understand? I really don’t want my mother finding all of this out.
Ferit: Really, Seyran? Why are you worried? If that happens, it would be just what you needed because I see that you want a divorce. I told you to wear the ring, but you wouldn’t listen. Now some crazy old lady shows up and look at what she’s wrought.
Seyran: It’s not just her. It’s all the promises you made her daughter. Understand? I don’t want to keep fighting. I’ll go check on my sister. Tonight, for Suna, can we pretend that everything’s OK?
Ferit: OK. Look, even if it’s just for tonight, put your ring on, Seyran.
Seyran: On one condition, promise you won’t do anything without telling me.
Ferit: Fine, I swear. But you let me know if they bother you again, OK?
Seyran: OK. This is important to me. I don’t want my family finding out.
Ferit: OK, I already promised you. Now put on your ring, will you?
Seyran: I appreciate it. She goes to get her ring.
Ferit makes a joyful expression and brings his hands together in victory.
Babachita
Episode 75 #5 of 9
Seyran gets her ring, which is near a snow leopard statuette (my guess on the type of cat). She tells him she is going to go with Suna as she puts on the ring. Ferit smiles and follows her to the door. What a mood breaker: right after she leaves, he pulls out his phone and calls … Pelin!!!
Pelin is setting the table in her apartment. Her mother is with her. The phone rings. She leaves the room to answer Ferit’s call. She goes in her bedroom and closes and locks the door.
Pelin: Ferit?
Ferit: What? That’s all you have to say? Your mother crossed the line. She spoke to Seyran.
Pelin: What? I don’t understand.
Ferit: Stop acting like you didn’t know! I’m sure you know! What are you and your mother planning?
Pelin: I’m telling you I don’t know. Why won’t you believe me?
Ferit: You’re not exactly trustworthy! What if your mother tells Seyran’s parents everything? Do you know what my father-in-law would do to Seyran if he found out?
Pelin: Don’t be ridiculous. Why would my mother speak to them? How crazy do you think she is?
Ferit: She’s been acting psycho ever since she showed up. How can you defend her?
Pelin: Look, I don’t want her here. Why are you scolding me?
Ferit: Well, whatever you’re doing, it isn’t working. It seems like she has a plan. You must find out what she’s up to.
Pelin: You seem to be confused because I’m not Seyran. I’d never let my parents force me to get married. Plus, you can’t call me just to scold me. You’re being rude.
Ferit, picking up the snow leopard figurine: Listen, your mother’s going to make me lose my head, do you understand that? If you find out your mother’s plan, please let me know immediately.
He hangs up, still holding the statuette.
Abidin is waiting by the G-Wagon. He still has a crestfallen expression.
The girls walk out, with Suna looking like she’s going to an execution. Ferit teases them about so much silence. He asks why they aren’t excited.
Suna: Please stop making fun of this, Ferit.
Seyran: He never misses a chance. He’s like that.
Ferit laughs heartily: It’s OK. Relax! You’re so stressed out. Listen, the guy’s going to be all alone, so it’s three against one if he acts up, OK?
Suna exchanges a meaningful look with Abidin as she gets in.
Upstairs in the yali, there’s a knock on Ifakat’s door. It’s Sultan to let her know dinner is ready and they’ll be setting the table soon. She also tells Ifakat that Halis won’t be joining them. Mr. Latif has told them that Halis will be there for suhur early the next morning. (This is because Ramadan is beginning.) Ifakat thanks Sultan and asks if she did what she asked her to. She emphasizes that Sefika has to speak with Mr. Halis because she’s being treated unfairly. (This is all a plot to get Latif in trouble. Ifakat is trying to get the employees to complain so Latif is blamed.) Sultan tells her not to worry. But downstairs, Latif has beaten Ifakat-Sultan to the punch. Latif is smiling as he hands out bonuses to the employees, who are thrilled with their windfall. They all thank him profusely. After this, Sultan walks in. Latif gives her a meaningful look and then hands her her bonus. He tells her it’s a bonus, what she’s been wanting.
Latif: I took your complaints into account and did the best I could. There won’t be a raise in pay, but to incentivize your work, you’ll be getting a monthly bonus.
Sefika: Thank you so much, Mr. Latif! This will be a big help! May Allah protect you.
Dicle joins in.
Babachita
Episode 75 #6 of 9
Sultan looks uncomfortable. Latif makes a nice speech, saying they don’t always get along, but that all of them, in the end, are like a family.
Latif: If I sometimes go overboard, please forgive me.
Sefika: It depends on your intentions. We all have good and bad days. Don’t worry about it. It’s almost Ramadan, time to start anew.
Latif: Very well. Put it to good use.
As he turns to leave, his grin turns to a worried sort of expression. As soon as the door closes behind him, the group gets very emotional. Sefika is thrilled. Sultan just looks on. She asks Sefika if she will speak with Mr. Halis that evening. Sefika tells Sultan that Latif has done so much for them and even apologized. She tells her she no longer can complain to Mr. Halis.
“May Allah continue blessing him,” was her final comment. The others share a group hug, but Sultan looks concerned, probably thinking what Ifakat will make of this development!
On the way to the restaurant, Ferit is lost in thought, Abidin beside him distraught, and the girls not much happier. Suna and Abidin spend much of the time looking at one another with the rear-view mirror. Seyran looks resigned to an evening where she must appear happily married. Ferit turns to Suna, who looks about to cry: Sis, aren’t you excited? This might be our last chance to get rid of you, so please don’t blow it.
Seyran: Don’t listen to him, sis. He’s being an idiot, as usual.
Ferit: And you, as usual, are criticizing me!
Seyran to Suna: Are you OK?
Suna: Yes, Seyran. In the end, it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t mean anything. We have dinner and then we leave.
Ferit: No, we’re not leaving until we get to know him. I need to determine how good a candidate he is. That’s my M.O. First, I meet him and analyze him, and if I like him, we’ll stay for dessert.
Suna: Ferit, please don’t do anything. Please.
Ferit: OK, Suna. Maybe Abidin and I could talk to him man-to-man and decide if he’s a good prospect for you, right, Abidin?
Seyran, eyes rolling: Ferit!
Ferit: Fine, but it’s for her own good. Please, Suna, you never know what will happen in these things. They’re unpredictable. Maybe he’ll be sweet and kind, a good type, and you end up liking him. You never know. You need to relax. Look at your brother-in-law. Right Seyran?
Seyran: We can leave if you get uncomfortable, OK? (The sisters entwine their hands.)
Ferit: How about you, Abidin? Are you the only one who’s not going to get married? Why don’t you find yourself a nice girl? You court her, dance for her, woo her.
We see Suna’s painful face in the rear-view mirror, a major contrast to Ferit’s cheerful banter.
Ferit continues: Maybe you’ll end up getting married. What do you say?
Abidin: Perhaps I’m waiting for someone special.
That gets Seyran making all sort of encouraging noises: Sounds like there is somebody. He can’t hide it from us. Seyfer keep going on with this banter. The other two are silent in their misery.
Ferit: I’ll find out who this mystery girl is. What happened to your bracelet? (Referring to the red thread bracelet that Suna gave him and that he used to wear.)
Ferit asks everyone, where is his bracelet? Seyran, grins while saying she has no idea, grinning because Ferit is at his most charming while bantering like this, unless one is the subject!
Ferit: The plot thickens, Abidin.
Abidin: We’re here, Ferit.
Ferit: Where happened to your red bracelet?
Seyran: What happened Abi? Why aren’t you wearing it?
Ferit: Why not, Abidin? (Ferit starts laughing.)
Seyran: What happened to the bracelet?
Suna looks out the window and Abidin is visibly suffering.
Babachita
Episode 75 #7 of 9
Inside the restaurant, there is a nice crackling fire. A young man is passionately playing a video game at one of the tables. As Suna and her party approach, Seyran still makes chatter. She tells Suna just to give him a chance. The young man notices them and turns off his game, removing his earbuds. He has a backpack beside him where he stashes his phone and earbuds.
Ferit, Saffet, Suna, and Seyran shake hands. Saffet stutters when he says his name the first time and apologizes. He tells them he doesn’t usually stutter. Suna tells him no problem.
Ferit seats Seyran and whispers to her that the evening promises to be entertaining. She tells him to shush. Later, they are eating. Well, Suna is just moving the food around on her plate.
Ferit: I have a question, Saffet. Why do you have two phones and a charger that looks like a brick?
Saffet: With this charger, I’m never without a charge. It’s a necessity in my line of work.
Ferit laughs: Interesting. And what’s with the backpack?
Saffet: It’s got my personal stuff in there. Helps me be organized.
Ferit: Personal stuff? Notebooks, paper clips, pencils, office supplies?
Suna is obviously bored with this conversation, with her arms crossed and tapping her arms with her fingers. Seyran still seems to be amused, as is Ferit.
Saffet: No, my personal stuff is my tablet, my laptop, chargers and batteries. And a third phone, just in case.
This last remark really amuses Seyran. She is eating, but Suna is not.
Saffet says that he always has to be connected.
Ferit asks if he takes his backpack everywhere.
Saffet tells him he does.
Ferit: You seem to know what you like. Tell me, have you given any thought to marriage?
Seyran: Ay, Ferit!!!
Suna stares at Ferit.
Saffet: No, I don’t mind answering. To be honest, I have, but because of my work, it’s hard for me to meet people. Plus, I usually spend my spare time alone at home.
Ferit laughs: That’s true! You use your spare time charging your phone.
Saffet laughs with Ferit.
Ferit: Seyran, I can picture him at the table, making sure all of his devices are fully charged.
Seyran: Please excuse Ferit. He is always like this. You’ll get used to him eventually.
Saffet: It’s OK. He’s just joking. I’m fine with it.
Seyran: So, you like to relax at home?
Saffet: The truth is that I like to play video games. But I don’t have to be home to do that. All my gear’s in my backpack, so I can spend hours playing in a café. What do you think, my Suna? Do you like video games in your spare time? Any favorites?
Suna: No, I don’t play. And don’t call me, “my Suna,” please.
Saffet laughs: Sure, of course. Whatever you say.
Seyfer grin at each other.
Seyran: Do you like children?
Suna glares at this question.
Ferit: Suna loves children. In fact, the other day she told me about her dream of being a mother. She was very excited. She dreamt she was married and had six children! I was shocked, but it’s her life.
Saffet looks from Ferit to Suna.
Suna: Yes, I do like kids.
Babachita
Episode 75 #8 of 9
Saffet: I don’t really communicate with kids. Though, maybe that would change if they were mine. I don’t know. Plus, I travel abroad a lot for my job. Sometimes I’m gone for two months. But that could all change with some stability in my life. I don’t know.
Ferit: That should change when you get married, right?
Saffet: I don’t know. The work that I do is really important.
Suna, eyes flashing a little: You and I are very different, Mr. Saffet. I, for example, am a homebody. I love to be home. As such, I would demand that my future husband remain at home with me all the time. That’s the kind of man I need and I’ll accept no substitutes.
Saffet: I can understand that.
Saffet’s jovial mood has sobered a bit: You and I are very different.
Suna: That’s right.
Saffet: But I’m a big believer in the concept of opposites attract. Take for example, Ferit and Seyran. They seem to be very different, yet they get along very well.
Ferit starts laughing: Saffet, nothing gets past you! You read our minds. Seyran, he’s right, isn’t he? We get along very well despite our differences.
Seyran: Yes, of course. I’m impressed. It’s not easy to see, is it?
Saffet: He’s special. That’s why I brought it up.
They laugh together.
Seyran: How about we order dessert so we can wrap this up and leave?
Suna nods her assent.
Saffet: Alright. I love dessert. How about you, Suna?
Suna: I also like desserts.
Saffet makes a gleeful, almost childish, sound: Great. At least we have that in common.
Ferit laughs. Seyran smiles. Suna looks very serious.
Back at the Sanli home, they are having dinner. Esme is in a good mood and smiles a lot.
Kazin: Aunt, you think I should eat as much as I can and not wake up in the middle of the night?
Hattice: You think you’re still in Antep? Don’t tell me you’re not going to fast (for Ramadan.) You just started working and already you’re going to ruin it. Do you care so little about your job?
Kazim: No! I like my job. Don’t say anything, Auntie. I’m going to finish what I started. If I don’t go for three days, who knows what they’ll do with my office.
Hattice: Then don’t cry. Even at my age, I’m going to wake up for suhur, so don’t complain.
Kazim: Fine. Esme!
He yells for Esme who is sitting right there in front of him. He seems slightly surprised to find her there.
Kazim: I read online that eating eggs fills you up. So, I’ll take a lot of eggs. I also read that fiber was important because it’s hard to digest completely.
Esme, smiling: Don’t worry. I’ll take care of it.
Kazim: Great. More water.
Esme has a pitcher at the table and fills his glass.
He tells her he wants her pouring him water all the time.
Kazim: In fact, empty that jar, then fill it up and put it on my desk so that when I see it, I remember to drink at night, OK?
Esme: You got it.
Kazim: Auntie, water’s not important. I can go without drinking during the day. But not delicious coffee. If I can’t have my afternoon coffee, what will I do? What will I do without my coffee?
Babachita
Episode 75 #9 of 9
Hattice and Esme watch him with some humor.
Hattice: Does this mean you’re going to complain until then? Good thing you won’t be here!
Kazim: Looks like you’ve gotten used to being in this house alone. Suna’s here now, but it looks like she’ll be leaving forever.
Hattice: What? Suna leaving? We have to meet the family first. And ask if she likes the guy she met.
Kazim: What are you talking about? If the man wants to, they’ll get married. Allah Allah, in Antep, nobody wanted her. Remember her circumstances. Now that we’re in this city, if she doesn’t get married, she’ll never find a husband. If Halis tells us to accept him, we will. Halis is the one who will make the decision.
Esme: Whatever you say. He will decide.
Abidin is outside the restaurant with the G-Wagon.
Ferit: We’re done, Abidin. Nothing’s going to happen. My sister-in-law is trapped with us.
Seyran: Don’t talk to my sister like that.
Suna looks happier: That just means I’ll have more time to plot my revenge.
On the way back, Ferit: What a night!
Abidin: Why are you complaining. Did something happen?
Ferit: Nothing special. That guy was a weird, spoiled brat. And Suna was mad at him.
Suna: It no longer matters. Like you said, nothing’s going to happen.
She and Abidin exchange glances.
Ferit: You really surprised me in there, Suna. When you told him not to call you “my Suna.”
Suna: I didn’t like him calling me that.
Seyran: My sister deserves someone better.
Ferit: He wasn’t that bad.
Seyran: Not even you believe that.
Suna is grinning now at Abidin.
Ferit: I liked him. You should have met him, Abidin. He had his backpack and giant phone charger that could power a small city. I swear it’s the biggest charger I’ve ever seen!
Seyran: I think he was a tech addict.
Ferit: Yes, Seyran, listen. He’s not useless either. I looked him up online. I don’t know how, but he and his family are loaded.
Abidin: Do you know how they made their fortune? Are you insinuating it was through shady businesses?
Ferit: No, Abidin. They made smart investments in a short amount of time, and if you ask me, Suna’s suitor is responsible for their success.
Suna: Don’t call him my suitor.
Ferit: He’s not a bad guy, Suna. Maybe it’s not a bad idea. If you married him, you’d move into his mansion and Seyran and I could stay there sometimes. I could play video games with your husband while you two gossip. It’d be fun.
Seyran and Ferit laugh at this idea while Suna and Abidin aren’t amused.
Suna: Fun, but it wouldn’t be real.
Ferit: What is real? Real is what you make it.
End of Episode 75
Babachita
I won't be watching Friday's episode until I don't know when. Possibly after Monday's episode. A crazy weekend and a report I have to finish. So no Friday recap from me. (As it is, I only watched the last 15 minutes of Thursday's episode.)
Kirby, Halimacandy, Novelera, Kat in SC, Dondi356 & Anastasia: Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.
*Cifuentes still upping the ante even further.
*Aurelio giving Computer Hacker Girl some money. The other hackers either chicken out or bail when Isidro asked them what's going on or something like that.
*We see Castillo getting pissed off at Alfaro, who barges into DEA Mexico Headquarters LOL.
*Hothead Diana & David: What could possibly go wrong?
*Anastasia: Did Annoying Laura & Santita both get killed off-screen? I noticed that Tata & Ulysses haven't been in any of the episodes lately.
*Is that Julia Urbini from "CAER"? 🤔
First off, thank you Anastasia for the previous recap. You felt it was brief, but you really captured the episode
And now thank you Novelera for this excellent recap! I had the feeling Cihan was just about to tell Alya when Deniz blasted in.
And I’m with you - so glad she now knows. And we got to see on a Thursday! Usually something that huge is a Friday cliffhanger. I can’t wait for tonight’s episode!
Maggie
<< Home
© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.


