Thursday, July 30, 2026

TELEMUNDO Y MÁS (#2): Lejos de ti, El Señor de los Cielos, Golden Boy, y más: Week of July 27, 2026

TELEMUNDO WEEKEND EDITION (continuación)

Here's Page 2 for the week. The current telenovelas are as follows (all times are Eastern Daylight Time):

9 -10PM El Señor de los Cielos 10 (final season)
10-11PM Lejos de ti (season 2)
Yali Capkini/Golden Boy

Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation. Since discussions of all the novelas share the same page, please remember to put the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post, so readers can easily find the conversations they're looking for.

By common agreement, this group DOES NOT discuss previews, trailers, or any other plot information not found in a current or past episode of the current production. Spoilers WILL be removed by the admin. This includes reference to earlier productions of the story, and even the original novel. Thanks for your cooperation!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
golden

I will post episode 78 later tonight. Following your idea, Dondi, maybe any additional summary writer/s could post here as a Reply so it’s all at the top of the page. This way no one will do duplicate summaries.

This is all I can do until maybe early next week.

Babachita
 

lejos

Thanks for the clever comments, Maggie and K. I could be wrong, but I don't think Ecmel wanted Sahin imprisoned. After all, he wanted the shipment to get through so as to enrich himself and gain power. Fidan was raging at him because she didn't want Sahin to have taken the risk, and she believed that Ecmel had put drugs in there. She's been married to this jerk a long time.
 

golden
Golden Boy – Yali Capkini – Poder y Traicion
Episode 78 #1 of 9
“El Miedo Paraliza” “Paralyzing Fear”

Zerrin enters the Sanli building. The concierge Metin asks what he can do for her. She says she is there to visit Esme Sanli, but she doesn’t know her apartment number. He tells her he thinks they went out but he will find out.

At the Korhan yali, Halis is enjoying his after-dinner drink. He asks the table to excuse him so he can go say his prayers and tells them he will rejoin them after. Asuman says she will call her parents who are probably expecting her call. Fuat stands to go with her and Gulgun tells her to give them her greetings.
Kazim gets a call from Metin: Yes, Metin.
Ferit shares some of the delicacies on the table with Esme. Suna is looking very unhappy and is only playing with her food.
Kazim, on the phone: Who? A woman? Who is she? If you don’t know who she is, how am I supposed to?
Ferit and Seyran look at one another.
Kazim continues: She’s there to see Ms. Esme? Really? Wait.
Kazim asks Esme if a woman was coming to see her: Were you expecting someone?
Esme: No, nobody. I wasn’t expecting any guests. Auntie?
Hattice: We weren’t expecting anyone. Ask who she is.
Kazim: She left without saying who she was.
Kazim asks Metin to look at the video footage so they can identify her. He tells him they will be home soon. He tells Metin to take care in the meanwhile.
Kazim: Listen, Esme. We’ll know who she was soon and what she was doing there. A friend came to see you. Since when do we have visitors? Never. I didn’t know you’d found a new friend who comes to visit you late at night. We’ll see.
Exme looks worried: Kazim, why would I want a new friend? I’m always with our aunt.
Gulgun: It doesn’t matter. What’s the problem?
Orhan: maybe it’s someone from your town. Like an old friend or relative. I’m sure that’s it.
Kazim: Sure, it’s possible. Anyway, we’re leaving now. [He sucks on his finger, which to me at least, shows his bad manners. But it might be a customary gesture there, perhaps indicating it was a delicious meal.] Esme must know who this woman is. Let’s find out what she was doing there. Esme, we’ll leave when Mr. Halis comes back.
Seyfer are looking at one another throughout, so maybe they are wondering if it’s Zerrin. Esme looks very frightened.
Ifakat: Sultan, tell Abidin to get ready to go out. Meanwhile, Kazim is making faces and fingering his prayer beads. He suspects something about Esme.
When Seyfer are back in their room, Ferit talks with Metin by phone: Do not show them that footage, you hear me? Tell him the camera’s broken or show him a different angle or something, but that woman’s face must not appear, OK?
Metin: Don’t worry, Mr. Ferit. Whatever you say.
Metin sends the image to Ferit, and he and Seyran recognize Zerrin.
Seyran: What happened? You see? I thought you were certain that woman would never go see my parents. So, what happened? This means you were wrong, Ferit.
Ferit: In life, there’s no such thing as a sure thing. What can we do?
He smiles at her, but she frowns back: You know what? I feel like strangling you!

Babachita
 

golden
Episode 78 #2 of 9
Ferit: OK, Seyran, but calm down. Everything’s fine. I had the footage erased so that Mr. Kazim wouldn’t see it.
Seyran: How would Dad even recognize her?
Ferit, sighs: Mr. Kazim was there when she came to the office to talk to my grandfather. Please try to calm down, Seyran. I’ll talk to her again if I need to. I’ll handle this.
Seyran: This is unbelievable. Stop getting involved. Don’t call anyone. I’ll figure something out, alright? Stay away.
Ferit: That’s enough, Seyran. Don’t get excited. I’m telling you that I’ll take care of it, don’t you understand?
Seyran: You’re the one who doesn’t understand, Ferit. I’m telling you not to take care of anything. I will.
Ferit: How?
Seyran: What do you care? You said you’d deal with it and told me you were certain you’d handled it, right? And now you’re telling me there’s no such thing as a sure thing.
Ferit: Don’t say that.
Seyran: So now I can’t talk? I’ve never met anyone so irresponsible. It’s unbelievable!
Ferit: Allah Allah. What do you want from me? What can I do? I’m telling you I’ll handle it, and you say “no.” That you’ll do it. I want to help, but you won’t let me. Tell me what to do.
Seyran: Nothing, do nothing. Just stand right there.
There’s a knock on the door.
It’s Latif. He tells them they will be praying and that Mr. Halis is waiting. Ferit thanks him and tells him he will change and then go down.
Seyran: Ferit, all I ask is one thing. Never speak to that woman or her daughter again. Don’t you dare, got it? That’s all I ask.
Ferit: Fine, whatever you want. What can I say? Do what you want.
Seyran: I hope so.
Ferit leaves.
Downstairs, Gulgun is helping Orhan into his coat and tells him he looks very nice. His phone rings, and she sees that it’s Defne. She gives him the phone with less of a smile. He tells her it must be about Efekan. He tells her since she can’t call Gulgun, she must have called him. Gulgun is surprised he isn’t going to answer. Not necessary, he tells her. The next day the lawyers will be meeting. He doesn’t answer because he doesn’t want to be upset.
Gulgun: Whatever you say.
Gulgun is thinking hard when Orhan leaves.
Seyran goes down to Suna’s room. Suna asks what’s up.
Seyran: That woman went to see Mom. I’m talking about Pelin’s mother. Ferit got a picture of her from the security camera.
Suna: Can I tell you something? I had a feeling this was about that woman. Who else would’ve visited us? At least Dad doesn’t know.
Seyran: I hope not. Ferit spoke to the guy in the lobby and told him to erase the footage. Maybe that’s the solution. But that won’t change anything for Dad. He’ll still demand an explanation from Mom.
Suna: I’m sure he will. He suspects something weird is going on. I hope he doesn’t do anything.
Seyran: Me, too, Sis. But I don’t think Auntie will let him do anything bad to her again.
Suna: Well, even if we told him who that woman is, he wouldn’t care. He’d still hit Mom. He won’t realize that Mom knows nothing about this. He won’t understand.
Seyran, tears in her eyes: Did you see the sadness in her eyes? I feel so overwhelmed.
Suna: Seyran, don’t despair, OK? We’ll find a solution to this, don’t worry.
Seyran: How, what will we do? That woman made a decision and won’t stop until she speaks to my parents. It’s all she wants, Suna.

Babachita
 

golden
Episode 78 #3 of 9
Suna: And Ferit, what does he think? Maybe he can come up with a solution.
Seyran: I think Ferit’s done enough. You know why all this is happening? Because of him. Otherwise we’d be here talking about your situation.
Suna hears a sound and asks Seyran if she did. She agrees. It sounds like a kitten.
Seyran: Maybe it’s trapped, Suna. Let’s take a look. They rescue the kitten and are in the kitchen looking for milk or yogurt. Seyran tells her they must dilute it so she can digest it.
Suna finds yogurt. She asks Seyran why she put the kitten on the table when they cook and prepare food there. She tells her it’s not right. Seyran plays with the kitten and asks who cares, it’s just a little kitten.
Suna plays with the kitten and then tells her they have to clean the table really well: What if someone catches us here? How embarrassing.
Just then, Sefika comes in. They brace for her to be upset, but instead she is enchanted with the kitten. She had heard mewing. Seyran apologizes for having the kitten on the table.
Sefika: It’s not important, Ms. Seyran. The most important is this little soul. Stuff like this used to worry me, but stoves and tables can be cleaned.
Now the kitten is on the floor, and Suna asks what they will do with the kitten.
Sefika: Mustafa said he wanted to adopt a cat. I’ll tell him that she’s here and he’ll adopt her.
The sisters are relieved to hear this.

At the Sanli residence, Kazim seems to be on the warpath as they reach their apartment.
Kazim: I’ve dropped the ball a bit lately. Why else would someone show up at this hour of the night to Ms. Esme? Right?
Esme: Kazim, I swear I don’t know anything. I have no idea who’d come to see me at this time.
Kazim, speaking to Hattice: Isn’t it obvious? Ever since we got to Istanbul, all you do is dress up and go to the beauty salon. Who knows? Maybe she’s made new friends at the salon she goes to all the time.
Hattice: But Esme only ever goes out with me or her daughters. Why are you accusing her of things for no reason?
Kazim: Accusing her? Me? No, it’s my fault. You think I’m an idiot, and I am. Haven’t you been doing things behind my back?
Hattice: Maybe it’s someone from our town. Maybe she didn’t leave her name because she’s a woman and chose to ask for Esme.
Kazim: You must be joking, Auntie. Didn’t you see how that woman was dressed? Who from our town would dress like that?
Hattice: How would you know how she was dressed? Besides, didn’t you say you didn’t get a good look at her? Stop scolding her and leave her alone.
Kazim paces, nodding his head: Soon we’ll know the truth. Don’t worry, we’ll find out. (He removes his coat and throws it at Esme.) Take this! Listen, if either of you is doing anything behind my back, or if my daughters are keeping something from me, rest assured, and I swear this on my life, you’ll be begging for the old days.
Hattice: Shut up!
Kazim stands and adjusts his collar.

It’s very dark and we hear a door lock open. Pelin has been sleeping on the sofa. Zerrin makes an entrance.
Pelin: Mom, where were you?
Zerrin: What’s the problem, Pelin? Are you asking me for explanations now?
Pelin: I’m not asking for explanations, I just want to know if you went out because of Ferit.
Zerrin: Yes, that’s why. I went to see Ferit’s mother-in-law. But they weren’t home, so we couldn’t see each other.

Babachita
 

golden
Episode 78 #4 of 9
Pelin: Why did you want to see her, Mom? What’s there to talk about? At the end of the day, Ferit doesn’t love me.
Zerrin: He will. But, you have to do everything I tell you. Your efforts failed so far. If they hadn’t, Ferit wouldn’t have married someone else. You have to start doing things differently. Become a new person, understand?
Pelin: I thought it would work.
Zerrin: It will, you’ll see. Just trust in your mother.
Mother and daughter embrace.

It’s night. Latif goes outside. We see Halis and all the men from his family followed by Latif walking where many men on the street greet him: Mr. Halis. Welcome.
They seem to be walking in a courtyard surrounded by stone buildings. It could be a church if in a Christian country. They walk around the courtyard to the main entrance that does look like a house of prayer. Halis is greeted by several men. There are comfortable chairs in the large room.
One man: Mr. Halis! I was hoping to see you this Ramadan!
Halis: Thank you. Did you think I’d leave after Taraweeh (Tarawih) before coming here to drink tea?
The man: Thank you, sir.
Orhan: Now that you mention it, let’s have a cup of tea.
The man: Right away, Mr. Orhan.
He takes them further into the room.

Someone is looking out the window at what might be Abidin walking from the gate toward the yali. Ah, it’s Ifakat who is watching, or I should say, spying.
The sisters are walking in the hall together. Suna is happy someone adopted that cat. Seyran says that with all the other things, at least they won’t have to worry about the cat.
Abidin walks in the main door as they are walking by. After seeing Abidin, Suna tells Seyran she will get some rest rather than visit her upstairs.
Abidin listens from a nearby doorway. Suna watches her sister go upstairs and then walks to Abidin. She signals that she is going to her room and for him to follow! [It’s great that they get to visit, but I’m afraid of Ifakat!] They embrace.
Suna: I’m so sorry.
Abidin: You’re going to marry him because that is what your father wants, but what about us? Suna cries. She walks in the room and throws her wrap on the bed. She sits on the bench and weeps, and Abidin joins her.
Abidin: I want to know, Suna. What’s going to happen? Although maybe there never was an “us.”
Suna: Abidin, I only want to be with you, I mean it. (She holds both his hands.) I love you. How can I tell my father? I can’t.
Abidin: But you can tell him you don’t want to get married.
Suna: I can’t, I can’t. You’ve only seen my father’s good side. I can’t. If not for Mr. Halis, my father would have married me to an older man. If this time, Mr. Halis approves, what else can I say?
Abidin: Say something to me. Tell me we’ll run away, that we’ll leave this place. Say something.
Suna weeps some more: I can’t. I couldn’t.
Abidin yanks his hands away from Suna.
Suna: I already tried to run away once and I couldn’t. You were there, remember? I couldn’t leave my mother and Seyran. I couldn’t.

Babachita
 

golden
Episode 78 #5 of 9
Abidin: So, you’re going to marry that man? You’re going to bow your head and go through with it. Even if you say you don’t want to. I don’t understand, Suna.
Suna: Could you go to Ferit and tell him? Or could you confess to Mr. Halis that you’re in love with Suna?
Abidin: I’ll do it. I will. If you have no problem with it, I’ll tell whoever I must. People can be ashamed of a lot, but I’d never be ashamed of the love I have for you. I’m willing to shout to everyone that I love you. I’ve only kept quiet for you, Suna.
Suna: But I can’t say anything. I have to keep quiet. Because of my father. I can’t tell him that I’m in love. All I can do now is pray and wait.
Abidin, very impactado: Then all I can do is leave this place.
He starts to leave.
Suna begs him not to: No, no! Please stay here.
Abidin: I can’t. I can’t take Ferit and Seyran to your wedding. I can’t look at you from afar. (His voice breaks) I can’t see you next to that man whenever you come to this house.
Suna, shaking her head: Don’t go. Don’t go.
Abidin: Either we find a solution to this problem, or I’ll have to leave.
There’s a knock at the door!
Ifakat: Suna? Are you awake?
Suna looks about to faint. Abidin tells her to calm down.
Suna: It’ll be haram, forbidden.
Abidin tells her to wait. He climbs out the window and jumps down into what looks like their alley.
Suna is beside herself in fear.
Uh oh, Sultan sees Abidin and smiles like the cat that ate the canary.
Ifakat: Suna?
Suna tries to pull herself together and opens the door.
Suna: Ms. Ifakat, good evening.
Ifakat walks in, looking around, probably sniffing the air.
Suna: I fell asleep, sorry.
Abidin is still outside, listening. Sultan walks away.
Ifakat: Have you been crying?
Suna: No, I wasn’t crying.
Ifakat: I gave you other options. I said that if you wanted, there was a way for you to remain in this house. But you refused to listen. Even so, I’ve tried my best to find you the best choice. This is how you show your appreciation? Snap out of it! I don’t want to see you crying again. You must be strong. How many times have we talked about this?
Ifakat looks at the window: Is a chauffer worth shedding tears over?
Suna is horrified! Ifakat knows!
Suna: No. (Of course, Abidin hears this denial.). It’s not like that. You’ve misconstrued things, Ms. Ifakat. (Abidin is in tears.)
Ifakat: I’m not an idiot, Suna. You’re the idiot. What are you thinking? That Ferit will embrace Abidin and accept him as his brother-in-law? That Mr. Halis will gift you property for your wedding? What kind of life could you expect with him? One of poverty and unhappiness. What would be your position here, when your sister is the lady of the house? Think about it. What good will come from you marrying Abidin? Wouldn’t you be ashamed to invite your parents? That man doesn’t have a house. What does he own? A shack? A moldy, rusted dump? Would you invite your family to that house?
Abidin is not crying so much now, but his spirit is crushed.
Ifakat: Would you invite your family to that house? Would you be here during the day and then cook in that dump’s kitchen and set a table for us? Tomorrow when you see him, I want you to think about all that and make up your mind. Think about what you and I would do. I hope that this time you understand. Good night.
Suna falls to the floor after Ifakat leaves. Abidin walks away. Suna holds her head. She looks for Abidin out the window, but he’s no longer there. She seems to be having chest pains as she sinks to the floor again.

Babachita
 

golden
Episode 78 #6 of 9
Sultan is walking and runs into Abidin.
Sultan: Now that the door’s closed, will you jump out the window, Abidin?
Abidin: Sultan, I’m not in the mood to talk about this.
Sultan: Hey, Abidin, do you remember? When you found out about Ferit and me? You were so cruel to me. But I guess that’s life. You can’t die without first experiencing what you know is bad for you. But be careful. Everyone can see that window. I think it would be less risky if you went out the door.
Abidin looks at her in fury.
Abidin: Listen, if you say a word to anyone…
Sultan: I won’t, don’t worry. You kept my secret, and I’ll keep yours.
Abidin: Sultan, don’t confuse your situation with ours. You did have something to be ashamed of.
Sultan: Well, time will tell, Abidin. Maybe you could marry Ms. Suna. That’d be simpler, wouldn’t it?
She walks away and he steps in front of her, grabs her and takes her into the bushes.
Abidin, angrily: I’m warning you one last time, got it? Don’t compare your situation with Ferit to this. If you insinuate anything regarding Suna, I swear I won’t show you any mercy. Got it?
She struggles, but he is stronger, making his threat powerful. He then walks away, leaving Sultan very impactada. It looks like her arms hurts.

Back with Halis at the prayer gathering building.
We see from above that the room seems to be a large square with tables for meetings scattered around. Halis and Co. are seated at a meeting place in the center of the room, drinking tea.
There are young boys running around. The furnishings are very nice.
Halis laughs at the boys: Remember, Orhan? Like these kids here, getting into mischief and trouble. Ferit and Fuat smile at one another.
Orhan: Of course I remember, Father. Mr. Latif had to chase after them.
Latif: I don’t think much has changed!
Halis laughs: Is there a reason you’re so quiet, Mr. Ferit? Anything to do with what Mr. Latif just said?
Ferit: No, Grandpa. I’ve had insomnia lately.
Halis: You’ll get used to it. It’s one of humanity’s greatest abilities. Look, these people come here because it’s their custom, because their parents or grandparents came here. I hope that Allah grants the younger generations the desire to adopt our customs and traditions.
The group replies “Amen” to this.
An older man, well-groomed, comes up to the group: What a lovely prayer, Mr. Halis. Peace be with you.
Halis: And also with you, Master Resat. Welcome.
Resat: Thank you, thank you.
Halis: There were so many people at the congregation that we didn’t go visit.
Resat: Thankfully, it’s the thought that counts.
Halis, indicating his family: Look, my boys.
Resat greets everyone with “Peace be with you,” and they reply: “Also with you, Master.” We see Ferit and Fuat give the kiss of respect to Resat.
Halis asks him to sit with them.
Halis: Well, Master Resat, do you remember Ferit, my youngest grandson?
Resat looks at Ferit and nods: Of course. I heard you’d gotten married.
Ferit: Mmmhhhm.
Resat: Congratulations. May Allah bless you with children.

Babachita

 

golden
Episode 78 #7 of 9
Halis laughing: Amen. May it be so. What’s Omer up to these days?
Resat: I hope he matures soon.
Halis: May it be so. Omer’s a healthy kid, not at all like everyone else. I’m sure he will make his wife very happy.
Resat: I’d love for him to listen to your advice. If you have time, I’d like you to come to Iftar before the end of Ramadan.
Halis: I’d love to. That would be wonderful. Orhan, let’s plan a nice Iftar one of these nights, OK?
Orhan: Of course, Dad.
Resat is given some tea.
Halis: Well, tell us about Ramadan. We’d like to know.
We see Ferit listening.
Resat: Everything’s fine, Mr. Halis. We’re trying to benefit from your blessings. Fasting during Ramadan, as you know, is a way of exhibiting self-control. As such, Ramadan is an entire month of opportunities for people to learn to control their desires and improve themselves. The Quran says that through his soul, man condemns himself. That is to say, man is witness to his own soul. No matter how many excuses he makes, that’s what it says.
Ferit is listening with his eyebrows a little raised, nodding.
Halis: What a lovely sentiment, Master Resat. May Allah grant all of us believers the ability to discern the truth and the courage to face it.
Resat: Amen.
Orhan: Amen
Resat: Time goes by so fast that in the everyday hustle and bustle, we forget what’s most important in life. Undoubtedly, Allah must be most important of all. What could mean more in life than doing good works to please Him?
Latif is listening intently. Ferit has a nice smile as he listens to this wisdom. He appears to be thinking of Seyran. She is coloring a picture of a young woman and young man.
Resat: Youth and beauty, appearance and health, properties. These things are fleeting. Except for the good things we do in this life. You can’t take anything with you to the next life. Sooner or later, everything that surrounds us loses its value.
Halis: You’re right. What a lovely thing to say from someone who’s meditated on the words of our Quran. May Allah bless you, Master Resat. Young people always need eloquent and enlightened teachers such as you. But not only them. We all need to hear those words.
Ferit has a lovely smile on his face, showing he is at peace at least for a while.
Resat: God bless you.

Back at the yali, we see that Seyran is finishing up her picture. Ferit walks in.
Ferit: Ah, Ms. Seyran, you’re not sleeping. Oh, sorry, you waited up so we could fight, right?
Seyran: You’re the one trying to pick a fight.
Ferit, shaking his head: And what is the difference? All the same, we always end of fighting.
Seyran: Sorry, Ferit, but I couldn’t sleep because there’s a psycho stalking my family. I’m not as cynical as you yet.
Ferit: Aren’t you supposed to fix it?
Seyran: I will, Ferit. Stay out of it.
Ferit: How, Seyran? Why won’t you tell me? Why must you keep it from me? Maybe I could come up with something. Maybe I’d have some advice. After all, I know these people better.
Seyran, Seyran, aren’t you listening?
Seyran is now coloring very actively.

Babachita

 

golden
Episode 78 #8 of 9
Ferit: If necessary, I can sit down with Pelin …
Seyran, throwing down her pencil: No, Ferit! Be quiet! I don’t want you speaking with her. I don’t want you around that girl. I don’t want you breathing the same air or you talking to her. Why can’t you understand that?
Ferit, with a little grin: You’re jealous!
Seyran: Yes, Ferit, I’m jealous! Are you happy? I’m jealous. I can’t even go in the backyard when Yusuf’s around so you won’t get hysterical, and I can’t go in his car either. I have the decency to do that for you. And you know what you do? You behave without taking into account that I have feelings too. Stop it! Stop bringing up Pelin! (She makes a little scream.)
Farit, laughing out loud: Fine. I won’t mention her name. You know, I think you’re right, Seyran. If I were you, I’d be jealous too.
Seyran (to herself): Give me patience with this idiot!
Ferit: Seyran, Grandpa won’t be down for Suhur. I don’t want to go either. But if you want, I can have something brought to you.
Seyran is playing asleep or maybe she really is.
Ferit: Seyran. Answer me. I can have something brought.
Seyran: No need, I’m not going to eat either.
Ferit: But you’re already hungry, Seyran. And when Seyran is hungry, she’s unbearable. I know. Tomorrow my future brother-in-law is coming over. If he sees us like this, he’ll be scared to get married. Look at Suna. She looks down on that poor kid. You do the same. Your sister and you have no idea of the concept of gratitude.
Ferit settles down on his side of the bed: Now this is a big, comfortable bed!
Seyran starts shoving him off the bed. He lands on the floor.
Ferit: Have you gone crazy?
They fight over the covers and who gets the bed. She throws pillows at him. She tells him to shut up because she needs to sleep. She takes some pillows to the sofa. He throws another one: Then sleep if that’s what you want.
She throws one at him, very hard.

The next morning, Ferit is getting dressed. Seyran starts to move, very sleepy.
Ferit: Ah ha! Good morning, Sultana. You overslept. Are you going to fast while you sleep? Smart.
Seyran: Shut up, Ferit. It’s very early. Where are you going?
Ferit: Good morning, darling. I’m fine. I woke up in a good mood this morning, thanks.
Seyran: Answer me. Where are you going so early?
Ferit: Ifakat send me a text. She said your future brother-in-law is having a get-together this afternoon, so we’re meeting before then. I’m going to prepare the yacht.
Seyran: Does my sister know?
Ferit: I don’t know. I didn’t tell her. If Ifakat told her, then she knows.
Seyran: Good. I’ll call her.
Ferit: Do it, but first let me tell you my idea. Listen, Seyran, we’ll put two people in front of the house. If Ms. Zerrin shows up, they’ll let us know. What do you think?
Seyran: Ferit, I don’t want you to do anything. I’ll take care of it.
Ferit: How, Seyran? Can’t you see I’m uneasy? Talk to me.
Seyran: I’ve decided to tell Mom everything.
Ferit: What? Seyran, you must not have gotten enough sleep! So, you’re sleepy and hungry. Splash water on your face and then we’ll talk.
Seyran: I’m wide awake, Ferit. After we drop off my sister, I’m going to talk to my mother. If that woman is determined to talk to her, I have to do it first. There’s no other option.
Ferit: Wasn’t our primary objective that your mother not find out? Can you explain the logic in your plan?
Seyran: There’s no plan, Ferit. I’m just trying to be honest.
Ferit: You’re trying to be honest?
Seyran: Yes, honest. It’s normal for you not to understand. I’m not lying or concealing it. I want to be direct.
Ferit falls back on his chair, arms raised in defeat or frustration.
Seyran: I want to be the one who tells her first. That’s what I want. Now go get ready so we can leave ASAP.

Babachita
 

golden
Episode 78 #9 of 9
Ferit: I’ll do what I have to do, but listen, Seyran. Let’s settle this matter once and for all. We’ll fix it together. And what do you mean you’ll talk to your mother? Doesn’t it concern both of us?
Seyran: We can talk as much as you want, but that won’t change the result. You must accept that, OK? I’ve made up my mind, OK?
Ferit: I know, and I get it. You know what’s best for you. But Ferit Korhan is the one who’ll decide. You got it?
Ferit stands up. They briefly start fighting over the sheets again, but then he gets up and leaves the room.

Downstairs, Gulgun comes out of her room. Ferit catches her and gives her a nice hug. They wish each other good morning. She asks where he is going. He tells her that Ifakat wants him to handle the wedding preparations. They laugh together.
Ferit: I have something to tell you, Mom. Last night it was Ms. Zerrin who paid my mother-in-law a visit.
Gulgun: What!!!
Ferit: Shh, it’s fine. They don’t know who she is yet, but Seyran’s nervous.
Gulgun: Did you have another argument?
Ferit: Of course.
Gulgun: Regardless, I’m going to the office to speak to your father personally. We need to fix this. There’s got to be a way. I don’t know how, but we’ll take care of it.
Ferit: For real?
Just then, Ifakat comes stalking out of her room, yelling on her phone: Don’t you dare do anything on your own! (She listens for a bit.) That’s my final warning, Sultan.
Gulgun: Why so much tension this early in the day?
Ferit: I was wondering who Ifakat was talking to on the phone. So it was Sultan!
Mother and son share a hearty laugh.
Ferit: Why was she so serious?
Gulgun: I’ll handle it.
Ferit: OK, Go to work.
Ferit goes out the door of the yali.
[Mother and son have such a great relationship! They must have the same cheerful personality!]

End of Episode 78

Babachita
 

Lejos de ti
Season 2, episode 13 part 1
July 30, 2026

At the end of the last episode, Zerrin had been snatched off the street by a man in a van. This would have been an opportunistic kidnapping, as she happened to walking down the street. Although it was near the university, Demir and Ecmel assume she was kidnapped by Kaya (as he had kidnapped her once before on her wedding day). They go to the Albora mansion to confront Sadakat and Cihan. Kaya eventually shows up at the mansion in a sedan, not a van, and says he did not kidnap Zerrin. Kaya swears to Zerrin's mother Fidan that he will find Zerrin. Ipek is upset at that reaction of Kaya's, since Zerrin is not his business. Ipek did see the van license plate as it drove away, and recites an amazingly long license number. (Quite the observation power.) Many people search all day for Zerrin. Eventually the van is found in a deserted area, empty.

Deniz (little Cihan) invites Cihan and Alya to a romantic dinner he has put together on the rooftop with the help of the servants. Sadakat doesn't know about the dinner until she sees Umu carry a hotdish up to the roof. She has fit #3,497 because Cihan and Alya are planning to celebrate their relationship while Boran is in the house alive. Sadakat throws over the table. Cihan runs up the stairs, furious, while Alya takes Deniz back to his room. Sadakat goes right into blaming Alya. Cihan says to Sadakat that he and she are not enemies, but Sada acts like she is. Deniz is very disappointed and confused about his surprise romantic dinner being destroyed. Cihan tells Deniz that the wind knocked the table over. (Deniz did not see Sadakat's actions.) Deniz wants Cihan and Alya to embrace, which they had been avoiding ever since Boran came back. Cihan and Alya do embrace, and have all the feels. Deniz joins the hug.

 

"SENOR10"
Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.

*Los Casillas getting some backup in their battle against Cifuentes & Alfaro.

*Slippery Mauricio & Constanza: Fast Forward again.

*Castillo still the same stuck-up jackass.

*Rutila, Hothead Diana & Felina shoot the slimy thugs, who had kidnapped & tortured Rutila from awhile back.

*Dalila tells her triggered hubby about her past & secret relationship with the late Ismael Casillas, etc.,

*Interesting to see how Crazy Lucy will go down later in the final season.
 

Lejos de ti
S2, E 13
July 30, 2026, part 2

We see the nurse that Sadakat bribed hold up a syringe. We understand that she is going to inject the patient or her i.v. line with something. The patient shortly heads to an operation to be performed by Alya.

Next scene, the family is at the dinner table. Alya comes home from work early, upset. The police are right behind her. We expect they have a denunciation (accusation) against Alya for harming a patient. But no! They have a denunciation against Sadakat for harming the patient. Alya says Sadakat bribed a nurse to put an anticoagulant into the patient. Sadakat admits that she told the nurse to do it. The purpose was to cause professional harm to Alya to try to get her to leave. Sadakat has to go with the police. The family realizes that Sadakat has lost her mind. She is even hurting people outside the family.

Alya tells the family that Vurgun, Boran's caretaker, overheard Sadakat speaking to the nurse (who was very nervous). Vurgun told Alya. They were able to use a countermeasure and the woman is fine.

Sadakat's defense to the police is that Alya is a viper from Canada who wants to take over control of the mansion. She blames Alya for getting the nurse to harm the patient. Sadakat says she will denouce Alya for defamation. Sadakat is put behind bars. She plays the pity card and cries, while her children Cihan, Kaya and Nare look at her with concern through the bars. Sada says that she is afraid of losing her children. (If that's the case, why act crazy?) Sadakat insists that Alya leave the family.

But surprise! Sadakat's attempt to turn the blame and denunciation back on Alya will not work. Sadakat was video-taped bribing and giving directions to the nurse. Sadakat and the nurse had met in the company warehouse, in which there is a camera. Cihan has the video. Apparently the authorities have not yet been given this video. Cihan says the DA is out of town for a day. This will give Sadakat time to reflect on retracting her denunciation claim (while she is stuck in a humuliating jail cell). Sadakat is still not remorseful, as her children exit the building, leaving her there.

Nare and Kaya beg Alya to retract her accusation of Sada harming a patient. Alya refuses. First, Sadakat harmed someone outside the family. Second, if Sadakat is released, she will just plot again to get rid of Alya.

Vergun calls Cihan. Boran has blood in his urine. Dr. Yalcin is called in. Dr. Yalcin and Dr. Alya determine that Boran has kidney problems. Some operation is needed. (I think - and how to do it in secret? Good thing Boran has an alias - Omer Bakir.) Boran may need dialysis or a transplant.

Nare and Cihan sit together. Nare despairs, and lists all the family problems. Cihan responds by declaring that they won't be defeated. End episode.

 

Lejos de Ti, Friday, July 31 - I won't be watching this episode until Sunday or Monday. And Novelera is on vacation. Anyone else want to jump in with a Friday recap would be appreciated.

 

lejos

I leave in the morning. And I did watch the episode. Wow, simply wow! They definitely tried hard to fake us out that Alya was going to lose her job and/or her medical license. I don't hold out much hope Sada will stay in the slammer for as long as she deserves. They're already setting up a reason for getting her out: Ecmel can't find this out or the family will be ruined. What? Why would Cihan and Kaya lose their business because their mother is nuts?

I am surely going to be in suspense wondering what's happened to Zerrin.
 

golden

Thank you, Babachita! I’ll post the next recap, 79, early next week.

The adorable yavru kedi (kitten) in the kitchen was there for an ad. Sefika used a product to clean the table.

Ifakat and her henchie, Sultan, are despicable. Hard to watch them get away with their crap. At this point, I was more invested in what would happen to Absun rather than Seyfer’s constant ish. I love Seyfer, but they can be exhausting.

The Korhan men went to the mosque’s prayer hall for Tarawih and then to the communal area for socializing. That’s where they met with Reşat Hoca (teacher/master). He’s the imam at the mosque. He’s also a main character in another dizi, Ömer, that ran in the same seasons as Yali Capkini. Halis asks about Omer during their conversation.

Omer is the muezzin at the mosque—the person who proclaims the call to prayer. He’s a good and sensitive soul. He really wants to be an artist. His father wants him to marry a suitable bride, but Omer has fallen in love with an older, divorced woman with a young son. I saw the first season and thought it was very good. I hope to finish it someday. It has an excellent cast. It’s an adaptation of an Israeli series, Shtisel.

Better translation: Ferit told grandpa he was suffering from a lack of sleep. (Likely due to getting up for suhoor.)

Don’t you think Seyran was drawing Seyfer? Interesting. Ferit was pleased to hear Seyran admit her jealousy.

Ferit told Gulgun he was hired by the “Ifakat Wedding and Events Company”. That’s why they laughed.

 

golden

Dondi, you always clarify things! How funny they had a commercial about a cleaning product. We get lots of Coke commercials in the telenovelas! I wondered why they put the cat story in there, but thought it might be part of doing good to others!

The Ifakat Wedding and Events Company is very funny! We have you to thank for giving us these gems lost in translation!

I thought the picture might be Seyfer but wasn’t sure. It was sort of like it was slowly being revealed as she added details. We couldn’t see faces. Maybe because their future is still being revealed.

The mosque’s prayer hall and communal area was interesting. When Resat Hoca sat with them over tea, it was like the Korhans got their own private sermon. It makes sense that the imam would meet with groups relaxing there. The dizi about Omer sounds interesting. We would see if the imam can be flexible. Interesting to run related dizis simultaneously.

Absun is breaking my heart! Early anvils for Ifakat and Sultan would be nice.

Thanks again for your enlightenment!

Babachita


 

Lejos

First real quick: yes about the scantily clad younger women! Why, Mine ran around in minis so short she might as well have been nekkid. And no one said a word!

Now on to your fabulous recap with some great lines! There were so many satisfying things in this episode. Alya catching Sadakat’s plan before it killed an innocent woman. The police coming for Sadakat. Sadakat behind bars, O glorious day! Cihan showing her the video of her pressuring the poor nurse

And yet her kids saying es nuestra madre. Just what? They feel sorry for her?

Also Sadakat’s story when she was alone with the police! Just amazing. I couldn’t believe my ears. Kudos to the writers for coming up with this stuff.

Maggie


 

Lejos

I’ll put up something for tonight’s episode I make no guarantees as to accuracy! Or as to remembering the minor characters’ names. But at least it’ll be something to get us started.

Maggie
 

lejos

Well that didn’t go at all how I expected! I am pleasantly surprised. But for all the disappointment in the faces of Sadakat’s children, they still think she should be set free. Why? They are all better off if she’s in jail where she belongs.

And good for Vergun (sp?). That man needs a big fat raise.

K
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder