Thursday, August 06, 2026
Daytime TNs... Y Mas (#2), Week of August 3, 2026
Welcome to page 2 of Daytime TNs! This page is to give those who are watching daytime TNs on any channel a place to discuss the TNs aired prior to 7Pm. If you would like to contribute a recap of just some highlights for a daytime TN, I’m sure there are those who watch the same TNs that would appreciate it.
11-1:00 PM: Carita de Angel (Unimas)
11:30-12:00 PM Reina de Corazones (Telemundo)
1-2:00 PM: La Duena
2-3:00 PM: La Mentira
3-4:00 PM: Que Bonito Amor
4-5:00 PM: La Herencia, un legado de Amor
5-6:00 PM: Nuevo Rico, Nuevo Pobre
Kara Para Ask - YouTube
Weekend schedule 159-161
Friday Episode 159 Babachita
Saturday Episode 160 Dondi
Sunday Episode 161 Darcy
Thank you! Next weekend it all winds up!
Babachita
Kara Para Ask – Black Money Love – Amor de contrabando – Amor y dinero negro
Episode 159 #1 of 8
We begin in a courtroom where Tayyar may only be given 7 years. The judge tells Omer to sit down when he starts protesting. Tolga encourages him to sit down. The Judge says that with regard to the money laundering, the case will be postponed for a month. Tayyar is looking very pleased with himself. Omer goes up and tells him it’s not over yet. Tayyar tells him it’s all going to end. I told you they would take me out of these handcuffs sooner or later. Omer asks him if he thinks people are stupid. I’ll ruin your plan, just like I did before. You’ll pay for your crimes. Tayyar tells him the world isn’t big enough for both of them and walks away under guard. Huso was there to watch and is also led away under guard. He looks at Omer briefly before lowering his head in shame.
In a prison bathroom, one of Tayyar’s henchies has Fatih at gunpoint. He tells him there is no way out. Fatih distracts him and fights for the gun. Fatih gets control of the gun and shoots the man. The crooked guard enters after hearing the gunshot. He tells Fatih to let go of the gun. He then checks on the henchie, and he’s dead. Fatih looks impactado. The guard tells the others to take Fatih away.
In the courthouse, the DA is walking to his office when Omer catches up to him. Omer asks him to tell him what’s going on.
Omer: We showed you facts we’ve investigated; we showed you all his crimes. Tayyar Dundar deserves more than seven years in prison.
DA: Who do you think you are, questioning all my work?
Omer: I just want you to do your job right.
Arda walks up at this time.
DA: Are you doubting me, Captain Omer? You want me to charge you right now? You should have done your job right and brought clear evidence. Don’t come near me again or you’ll lose your job.
Omer: You listen to me…
Arda stops him, and Omer yells at him to let go of him! Tolga is also there. Arda tells him to calm down. Omer yells at him: Don’t you see the farce of this situation? They’re not going to send Tayyar to prison. He has an army behind him. Even if we catch him in the act, they’re going to find a way to get him out of there. I know what’s going on here.
Omer strides off.
Pelin and another officer are bringing in Nedret and Filiz. Nedret has handcuffs on. She keeps looking behind her. She also seems to have discomfort in her left arm.
Nedret: What did you tell them? What do they know?
Pelin: You’re talking about Elif and Filiz?
Nedret: Don’t play with me, you know very well who I’m talking about.
Pelin: They know everything. They know you’re involved in money laundering and that you ordered a murder. Everyone knows, Ms. Nedret.
Nedret looks like she is having heart pain, but it might be fake knowing her.
Babachita
Episode 159 #2 of 8
Back at the jail, Fatih is being led to his room and runs into Huso. Huso asks him what happened. What’s going on?
Guard answers: Don’t you know? He just killed a man. He’s finished.
Huso: But what have you done, stupid?
Fatih, mutters under his breath: Tayyar Dundar did it.
Huso: Fatih, you shouldn’t have done it.
Fatih, yelling: Fatih Dundar sent his dogs to kill me. Tell him that just like that man wanted to kill me, I killed him like a screaming dog.
The crooked guard is there to take him to his cell.
Fatih: Tell him to throw his body in the thistles so they will eat it.
Fatih hollers until they reach the door to his cell. Huso watches him, impactado.
Omer is walking down the hall closely followed by Arda, who tells him to calm down and be quiet.
Arda: This isn’t right. Please, you have to calm down.
Omer opens the door to the judge’s office.
Omer: Can we talk?
Judge: The prosecutor just told me what happened.
Omer: Then, listen to what I have to say.
Judge: I told you to leave. Leave us alone. If you don’t want to get into serious trouble, let us do our job.
Omer: Please, please do your work properly, just like you swore to. Please do your job with dignity. That’s all I’m asking, sir.
Judge: How dare you? Who do think you are to tell me how to do my job? Get out immediately. Now!
Omer: I’d better go. Have a good day.
Fatih is being questioned by someone at the prison, maybe the warden: Why did you kill that man?
Fatih: I killed him because he was going to kill me if I didn’t.
Warden: How did you get the gun?
Fatih: The gun isn’t mine. He dragged me away and I was able to pull out his gun. Then he wanted to kill me. Ask your staff how he got that gun. Ask your guards how come there was no one there at that time.
Warden: So everyone is guilty and you’re innocent, right?
Fatih: I swear on my mother that I was just defending myself.
Warden: I was just reading the petition to reduce your sentence in this jail. It seemed honest to me. You could have been a good father, but with this, you know you ruined everything, right?
Fatih: I already told you, I was just defending myself.
Warden: You don’t have any evidence. And, if you did, you’d still be here another ten years.
I’ll tell them what you said, but the court will decide.
Warden tells them to take Fatih.
Crooked guard: Let’s go.
Omer is still being followed by Arda telling him they can still look for more evidence to extend the seven-year sentence.
Omer: Do you think Tayyar Dundar is an idiot who’s going to stay quiet? He must have already falsified the evidence. Do you think he’ll be calm because he’s in jail? Being locked up isn’t going to change anything at all. He’ll continue manipulating people.
Arda: Listen, Omer, we won’t let him run the jail.
Omer: We keep talking. It’s not just any criminal we are talking about. He has lots of money and power and he can dominate whoever he wants. Do you understand? It won’t be easy. So get ready because this will be tough.
Babachita
Episode 159 #3 of 8
Arda: And what are we going to do? We have to keep going and keep working on it. What we have to do is gather more evidence and present it for justice.
Omer: Arda, everything you say isn’t enough when we’re talking about Tayyar Dundar.
Arda: We can’t do anything more, Omer. We’re good cops. We’ll get through this. What more do you want? We can’t shoot him.
Omer perks up at this.
Arda: No way, Omer! We’re cops, not hitmen.
Omer: We’ll talk later. I want to be alone.
Omer gets in his car and drives off. Arda heads to his vehicle.
We see Nedret being brought into the police station in handcuffs. Pelin follows, with Filiz and Elif. Pelin tells Filiz and Elif to wait for her in her office.
Filiz shakes her head and tells Elif she can’t do it, that she’s not yet ready to face Nedret.
Elif: OK. I understand that you don’t want to do it. Tell them to take you home, but you need to call me if you need anything.
Filiz agrees and leaves.
Elif walks down the hall. She still looks very affected by all of this. I don’t see her perky personality at all. Asli and Nilufer come in the door and call to her.
Elif: What are you doing here?
Asli: I called but couldn’t get an answer. Auntie was arrested, right?
Nilufer: What happened? Why was she arrested?
Asli tells Elif she didn’t want to tell Nilufer.
Nilufer to Asli: You knew about this?
Asli: I knew she was suspected of something. But you’re pregnant and I didn’t want this to affect your pregnancy.
Nilufer: Could you both tell me what’s going on here?
Elif: Please calm down. This is very confusing. Come with me and you’ll know soon enough.
Omer is in an interrogation room when the guards bring Husseyn in. The brothers look at one another seriously. Husseyn starts to speak and Omer tells him to shut up. [Omer is on a very short fuse.]
Omer: Listen to me. I didn’t come here to listen to you. I want you to know that I would have respected you if you told everything. Today I would have kept the honorable part of you.
Husseyn shakes his head and wants to speak, but Omer interrupts.
Omer: Shut up. You showed your miserable evil and your selfishness once again, as you always have, Husseyn. But you won’t be able to defeat me. You won’t be able defeat me again. (Omer is breathing very hard.) We will never see each other again.
Omer heads out the door, but Husseyn yells: Omer, understand me. I did it for our family. He sent me a letter saying he was going to eliminate you all if I testified. You, my mother, and my children one by one. Brother, I know you don’t want to see me anymore, that you’ve erased me from your life. You are my brother; you are half of my existence. How could I let him kill you?
Omer: Enough already, stop lying, Husseyn. You should have come to me and told me everything if you knew we were in danger, you idiot. But you never cared about us. Not my mother, not your wife, not your children. You say all this just to erase your conscience. You are a monster, a professional killer. You are worse than Tayyar Dundar. You are nothing but trash, a corrupt and dirty policeman. Fortunately, you are nothing to me.
Husseyn’s face shows that he feels pain; Omer’s face shows that he feels fury.
Omer knocks to be let out of the room.
Husseyn shakes his head. Omer’s posture is slumped under all the pressure as he walks away.
Babachita
Episode 159 #4 of 8
In Omer’s office, the sisters sit and ponder the revelations about Nedret. Elif suggests they go home. Asli tells them Nedret is under medical supervision. What do they want to do? There’s not much left for them to do.
Elif: I want to wait for Omer. Then I’ll go home.
Asli: So, you’re not coming with us? You’re going to leave us alone today?
Nilufer: Asli, Elif belongs to Omer. She doesn’t have to take care of us anymore. It’s better if we go home and pack my aunt’s things to send them to her. I don’t want to see her here if she gets out.
Asli: Don’t worry, they won’t let her out for at least ten years. And you don’t wait around all day, Elif. You’re going to see Columbo and then you’ll go home. Don’t worry, I’ll take of this pregnant girl and my dear nephew.
The three sisters smile and blow kisses, and Elif is left alone. Pelin comes in just as the two are leaving. She tells Nilufer she has bad news.
Pelin: Fatih is OK, but he killed someone in the jail.
Nilufer is very affected by this news.
In the prison, Crooked Guard shoves Fatih into a meeting room and tells him he will stay there until everything calms down. The door clangs shut.
Fatih looks out the small window in the door. He repeats curses against his father over and over.
Nedret is taken into an interrogation room by Pelin and told to be seated. Nedret walks in very slowly. Elif joins them.
Nedfret: Elif, I’m innocent, daughter.
Elif: What are you saying? You killed Ipek and your brother. You’re involved up to your neck in these crimes. You’re the head of a criminal organization and then you say you’re innocent?
Nedret tries to touch Elif’s face, but she turns away in anger.
Nedret: It was by brother who got me involved. He called me one night, saying the creditors were looking for him and would kill him. What could I do? Tell me what could I do? Should I have let them kill him? What would you have done?
Elif: My dad got you involved in crimes, that’s why you had to kill him?
Nedret: It’s so easy to criticize my life, criticize me without knowing me, without knowing anything about me or everything I’ve been through. But believe me, dear Elif, my life hasn’t been easy at all, it hasn’t been.
Pelin: Elif, look, you don’t have to listen to her. You can go.
Elif: No, I’m staying. That woman is going to tell me why she ruined my life.
Nedret: People sometimes make sacrifices without thinking in order to survive, they do things they would never have done. That’s what my brother did to stay alive, he sold me out. I told you that we were poor, my brother, me, and my little sister Elif. My brother showed up one day. He had a ticket in hand, a ticket to Istanbul. I’m leaving, he told me. I’ll take Elif with me, and then I’ll come back for you. We were so poor that I didn’t understand how he had bought that ticket, but I found out later, the night he left. My brother had sold me to my husband. As you can see, the value my life had was the price of the ticket to Istanbul. I rejected him, I begged him, and he said no. I didn’t want to get married. He wouldn’t listen to me. I insisted and insisted. I was very weak at that time, not like now that I am a strong woman, I couldn’t face him. My brother took Elif and left. I cried a lot, because she was like my little daughter. My mother had asked me to take care of her. I couldn’t face him, and they left. My brother never called me, not once. He always avoided me. And one day I found out that my Elif had died of an illness. My brother didn’t even let me say goodbye to my little one, my little girl with dark eyes.
Babachita
Episode 159 #5 of 8
Elif: You weren’t the only one who suffered. You weren’t the only one in that family who lost someone. My dad suffered just like you because he also lost a sister. He spent his whole life talking about her. Don’t you think he called me Elif for a reason? He told me he loved me even more, even though I looked so much like her. You’re not the only one who has suffered.
Omer is driving on the highway. He is thinking hard.
Back to the prison, Elif and Nedret are still speaking.
Nedret: You, you don’t ask me for explanations. Did you hear me? You can’t judge me. Even if my brother came out of his grave, none of you can. You don’t have that right. Do you know everything I’ve suffered? You know, and it’s all because of my brother. He made me go through the greatest suffering of my life. Look me in the eyes. Look at me. He snatched my baby from my arms when she was only five days old. You don’t know the damage he did to me. I never stopped crying. I looked for her everywhere. You can’t imagine how much I searched for my daughter. And why? For power, for money, I shouldn’t have loved anyone. I shouldn’t have become a mother, or ever be a mother. Why? Because of power and money. My brother wanted to be powerful, he wanted to be very rich, we had to disappear. Your father introduced me to Tayyar. That’s right. Your dear father was the one who introduced me to Tayyar Dundar. They all hated each other, all of them. They all tried to get rid of each other. Your father didn’t care about anyone in the world. All he wanted were diamonds and to disappear. None of us were important to him, not one. Not me, his wife, not his family. And if you think you were the most precious thing, you weren’t. None of us mattered to him, do you understand? All he wanted was power. Money and power. That’s all he wanted.
Elif: Enough! Don’t you dare speak again, it’s over. Shut up.
Elif starts to walk out of the room, followed by Pelin, leaving Nedret very impactada.
Nedret: And he ruined our lives, he ruined us for money. So, don’t ask me for explanations. No one has the right, least of all you, my dear Elif. No one can ask me for explanations.
Nedret is getting very worked up.
Elif walks out of the interrogation area into the hall. She holds her head with her hands, obviously very emotional. Pelin runs after her asking her to try and calm down.
Arda come up to them and asks if Omer had called her.
Elif: No, I thought he was with you.
Arda: The trial is over. Husseyn didn’t say anything, and the judge sentenced Tayyar to seven years.
Pelin: Only seven years?
Arda: That’s why Omer went crazy. He told me he wanted to be alone, and now he’s not answering his phone.
Elif: I’ll look for him.
Pelin: Do you want us to go with you?
Elif keeps walking as if she didn’t hear Pelin.
Omer is flipping his lighter open and closed. He is sitting in one of their usual restaurant meeting places. Elif comes up behind him and embraces him.
Omer: How did you find me?
Elif: I know you, my love. I went to the police station and didn’t find you, so that’s why I came here.
Omer: I failed again. I didn’t achieve anything. I’m so tired of all this, always experiencing the same thing and getting nowhere.
Elif: Omer, you caught him, and everyone already knows he’s a murderer and a criminal.
Babachita
Episode 159 #6 of 8
Omer: But he won’t get what he deserves. They’re going to get him out of jail in a couple of days for good behavior. It’s ridiculous, and he’s going to continue with his life as if nothing happened. Everyone will have died in vain. And all because my brother is a dam monster. Now, even so, he’s able to look me in the eyes. “I did it for you,” he says.
Elif: Look, you can’t control everything, Omer. It’s not possible. You’re a cop, and you did everything you could. The rest will be up to the court.
Omer: They’re not doing it, Elif. That’s why I feel powerless.
Elif: Someone will. Maybe not today, but maybe tomorrow he’ll get the punishment he deserves.
Omer: Innocent people will pay for him. You could have died, and Nilufer, and so could my family. We’ll always be on thin ice. He’s not just a criminal to me; he’s my worst enemy. I can’t step aside just because I caught him. I demand the court deliver justice, or I’ll take matters into my own hands.
Elif frowns at this: And what does that mean?
Omer: That everyone will get what they deserve.
Back at the police station, Nedret is being questioned by Pelin, Arda, and Tolga.
You just told us that you had enough reason to believe Tayyar ordered Ahmet murdered. Was Husseyn in on it? We are going to continue to ask you the same questions. What did you find that made you need to kill Ipek?
Who were the people who met with you? Were they your associates? Are you the head of Tayyar Dundar’s organization? How many people have you killed?
Nedret doesn’t answer their questions.
Tayyar is meeting with his lawyer.
Tayyar: The DA just said just what we wanted, right?
Lawyer: The judge did too. They were lenient. The prosecutor asked for seven years, but it’ll most likely be three.
Tayyar nods.
Lawyer continues: I’ll do everything I can to get them to postpone the formal announcement of the verdict. You’ll be home in less than three months.
Tayyar: And Husseyn has felt my power once again. It’s been a good lesson for him.
Lawyer: I agree, I don’t doubt that Husseyn Demir is no longer a problem.
Husseyn: Fatih has always been a big problem for me. And tell me the bad news. Don’t be sympathetic to me, is it the pain of losing a son that I’m already feeling?
Lawyer: The news isn’t very good, Mr. Tayyar. Fatih finished off the man who was supposed to eliminate him.
Tayyar explodes: They don’t know how to do things, idiots. What he’ll do now is come after me.
Lawyer: You don’t have to worry, sir, he was caught in the act. They’ll accuse him of murder. With this, he’s finished. You can rest assured.
Tayyar: Idiot! Don’t you understand? You think that will stop Fatih? He’s a Dundar. He’ll do whatever comes to mind, plot a plan to escape, and with the fury he has, he’ll find a way to kill me.
Tayyar looks around with wild eyes, definitely impactado.
Babachita
Episode 159 #7 of 8
Back at the café, Elif and Omer are sitting across from each other.
Elif: In life, not only bad things happen. I have good news. They caught my aunt. Ipek was right. She’s Tayyar’s most important partner. You can make her talk and then accuse him.
Omer: Why didn’t you tell me before? It’s good news. Now all that’s left is to make sure she talks.
Elif strokes her hair. Omer asks for her pardon. He hasn’t even asked how she is doing.
Omer: Are you OK?
Elif: My family has given me many surprises since my dad died. This no longer causes me pain, nor does it bring my world down. But it has only strengthened me. But I don’t want to get used to certain things, like betrayal and the lack of love.
Omer reaches his hand to caress her cheek: I wish I could erase all your disappointments.
Elif: When you smile at me, they disappear.
Omer: Elif, no matter what I do, you will still be with me.
Elif nods: As long as you want to, also. I could give up everything except you.
At the prison, a taxi drives up. It’s Nilufer, who goes to the visitor’s sign in. She introduces herself as the wife of Fatih Dundar: I want to see my husband.
Guard: I’m sorry, it’s not visiting hours.
Nilufer: Then could I speak with the warden?
Guard: You must come with your lawyer.
Nilufer: Look, something bad is happening to him. Listen, it’s urgent. I need to speak with him.
Another officer, the warden maybe, comes to hear her. She repeats her request.
Warden: Your husband murdered an inmate. You can’t see him; he is isolation.
Nilufer: If I come during visiting hours can I see him?
He shakes his head: You can see him during visiting hours when he has completed his solitary confinement.
Nilufer begs, playing the pregnancy card. They listen but slowly close the window.
Nilufer sits on the curb. She cries.
Omer and Elif walk out of the restaurant along the water. They are holding hands. She asks if he is better, and he says he is better.
Elif: Captain, you’ve become very comfortable. A while back you were quite the charmer (a galan), but that was at the beginning. Because now, no matter how hard I try, I don’t see any Prince Charming on a horse.
Omer frowns a little: What does that mean? Did you lose something, Miss?
Elif: You wanted to marry me. Don’t you remember?
Omer: It’s that one thing leads to another. On one hand, your aunt, on the other, Nilufer and Fatih, to you, and finally Tayyar. So, I thought there was no interest anymore, or that it wasn’t the right time.
Elif: That’s why I’m telling you this. A little happiness wouldn’t hurt.
Omer: Are you serious? I’ve thought about it a lot too. I had it on the tip of my tongue, but I thought the moment wasn’t right, and I didn’t see your signs, either.
Elif: I suppose leaving me standing there on our wedding day obliges you to something, don’t you think?
Omer: You are absolutely right, Signorina. Look, even the clouds disappeared. It’s a sunny day now, and a colorful rainbow. How could you do that?
Elif: I’m not…it’s love.
They embrace.
Babachita
Episode 159 #8 of 8
In Tayyar’s room, his phone goes off.
Tayyar: What’s wrong?
Henchie: I’m in front of the police station. I have very bad news.
Tayyar: Don’t tell me that my son escaped.
Henchie: They arrested Ms. Nedret, Omer Demir and his team. She is charged with the murder of Ipek. She was a homicide detective.
Tayyar: Dam. I want to know if she really killed her or how it happened.
Henchie: We don’t know yet, sir. But there’s something worse.
Tayyar: What could be worse? You’re going to give me a heart attack, accomplishing what Husseyn and Fatih couldn’t do. What’s going on?
Henchie: They think that Ms. Nedret might be one of your accomplices. The shipment has been cancelled because she’s under arrest.
Tayyar is wincing as he hears this news.
Henchie continues: It’s been suspended until further notice. She’s detained.
Tayyar: Dam the shipment and that useless Nedret and all those dam idiots.
Tayyar throws his phone at the wall in frustration.
Omer walks down the police station hall.
Omer: Tolga, where do they have Nedret?
Tolga tells him she is in the second interrogation room. He asks Elif to wait in his office. She asks why he won’t let her go with him.
Omer: Elif, don’t do this.
Elif: Before you tell me you don’t have to listen to me, listen. I’m her weak point, along with Filiz. Filiz doesn’t want to come yet, so you can use me. That way we could make her confess.
Omer thinks a bit: OK, we have nothing to lose. Let’s go.
The two walk together toward the interrogation room.
In the room, a policeman and Nedret are waiting. Omer opens the door and tells the cop to get some fresh air. Omer and Elif look at Nedret. Omer is seated, and Elif stands near the door.
Omer: My friends must have told you why you’re here. I suppose you know about the evidence. If you want, I can give you a rundown of all your crimes: murder, attempted murder, money laundering, organized crime. Wow, Ms. Nedret, you won’t see the light of day again in your entire life.
Nedret shakes her head: Captain, why are you beating around the bush? Just tell me straight.
Omer: Yes, let’s get down to business. Tell us about the partnership between Tayyar and you. Admit it, so he can be tried as the instigator, and you can get a reduced sentence.
Nedret laughs her nasty laugh: Tell me, what makes you think that Columbo?
Omer looks at Elif in frustration.
Nedret: What makes you think that? Tayyar was a friend of my brother. That’s why I know him. The rest isn’t true.
Omer: So, you don’t plan to admit it?
Nedret: Of course not.
Elif throws up her hands: Why are you doing this? You came here from Malatya to intrude in our lives. Why? I’m sure there’s some conscience in you. After all, you’re still a mother. If you’d admit it, there wouldn’t be any more secrets. Why don’t you accept the offer that Omer is making? You could spend the rest of your life with your daughter. Your daughter needs you.
Nedret sighs, very much impactada.
End of Episode 159
Babachita
Thanks Babachita!!!
Tayyar needs to die, I hate saying that but this episode makes it clear. For reasons, I still don't really understand that man is just too powerful! No one will ever be safe with him alive!
But I'm afraid Nedret is going to die first, given her unhealthy looks. I really hope I'm wrong, death is too easy for her. She deserves to suffer!!! I want to see her try and fail to rule the roost in prison!
It's too bad about Faith, considering it was self-defense. But I think Tayyar is right about him. He'll find a way to beat the odds. I don't hope for his release, because I still think he's killed too many people and belongs in jail, but I don't want to see him killed by Tayyar.
We are so close to the end. I agree! Tayyar has to die. He’s the mastermind. Nedret too. Could they share an anvil?
Babachita
Thank you, Babachita! Yep, anvils are about to fall. Still enough loose ends for 4 more episodes after mine.
#160 part 1
Tayyar has an unofficial meeting with his lawyer. He has only 5 minutes. He asks, find out what Omer has on Nedret and her connection to me. And find out about the testimony she gave, word for word. Just when we thought we were done with this, it didn’t go well at all! The lawyer replies, it’s unfortunate. Things are a bit complicated. Tayyar is furious. Complicated? Complicated? It’s completely out of control! Because I depend on idiots like you!
The lawyer says he’ll try to meet with Nedret. Tayyar asks if Nedret has asked for a lawyer. The lawyer stutters. Tayyar shouts, you should know this! Do I have to tell you? Send one of my lawyers to her. We’ll handle the process from here. I have no intention of dying in prison because of your stupidity! Now get out and do exactly what I told you… to the letter! Lawyer leaves.
Back to interrogation. Nedret rubs her left arm. Omer asks, Nedret Hanim, how much longer do we have to wait? Will you help us or not? I’ll tell you everything, she answers, everything we did with Tayyar. The organ transplant network starting from Eastern Anatolia, my brother’s murder, I’ll tell you everything I know. Nedret gasps. She asks for water. She doesn’t feel well.
Omer pours a glass for her. He asks, are there documents that prove your partnership with Tayyar? I have proof, Nedret replies, records of phone conversations between us. The business we’ve done together. It’s all in a safe that’s abroad. We need this proof, Omer says. Nedret answers, but first you must promise me a very light sentence if I talk and then I’ll give you everything you want, if you manage to convince me. Omer agrees and tells her she will have to tell the DA, too. She agrees.
Nedret is clearly unwell. She’s breathing heavily and touching her left arm. Elif says they can call a doctor for her. Nedret says she wants to see Filiz. That’s all she wants. Bring her. Elif says she’ll bring her. Omer says they have to go quickly. They leave Nedret in the room.
Elmer talk out in the hall. Elif asks, what do you think? Do you think she can help us? Omer is optimistic. I think the case is already closed. They’re both going to rot in prison. We’ll finally have justice, Elif replies. Finally, my love, Omer answers, we’ve suffered so much, we’ve endured so much. But we did it. He hugs her. [There’s hope but there’s a bit of uncertainty, I think, because every time they are close, the rug gets pulled out from under them.]
Arda and Pelin meet them in the hall. Omer gives them the good news. We have a witness who will talk, plus she has the evidence that leads to Tayyar. Pelo asks, how did you manage it? Omer gives credit to Elif, saying he had a very good partner. We’re in the lead now but haven’t scored a goal yet. Tayyar already knows that Nedret is here. Arda replies, he’s going to try to shut her up. Omer isn’t sure. Pelo notes that they’ve taken several bodies out of interrogation already. Omer must admit that’s true.
Arda says, don’t worry. No one else will know. It will stay between us. We’re not going to let anyone in who we don’t trust. I’ll take care of it. Elif says she’ll get Filiz. Omer tells her to be careful. He tells Pelo he will call the judge, and she should call the DA to explain.
#160 part 2
Elif finds Filiz at a hotel. She wonders why she didn’t stay at home. Do you think I still have the right to stay there, Filiz asks. Of course, Elif says, we’re cousins. Of course, you can stay with us. Filiz smiles, I hadn’t thought about that. Thank you but I think it’s better if I stay alone for a while longer. I understand, Elif replies, the things we told you… you were shocked, but trust me when I say I don’t know what to think of Auntie either. She’s with the police now. She’s devastated. The only nice thing she said with love was your name. She wants to see you.
Filiz is unsure about this. Elif says, you’re right, I can’t insist. Maybe she isn’t remorseful for what she did. Maybe she’ll never be remorseful, but I know she’s very regretful that she couldn’t be a mother to you. I thought maybe you wanted to visit her as your mother. I thought maybe you’d want to hug her tightly and call her mother.
My resentment isn’t just because she didn’t tell me the truth, Filiz explains, I was by her side for years. I looked into her eyes for years with admiration, but she was a completely different person. When she spoke to me of virtue and humanity, she dared to kill her own brother for revenge! She’s a cruel woman. She ordered the murder of an innocent woman and left a little boy motherless. Who do you think I’m going to hug? Who am I going to call mother?
Tayyar paces in his cell. A guard enters and gives him a phone. You have a call from your lawyer. He gives Tayyar the bad news. Nedret will testify in front of the judge and the DA. Tayyar orders him to do something. Kill Nedret. Don’t let her say a single word! She must die! That’s impossible, the lawyer replies, she’s under surveillance. After all the deaths in interrogation, Komiser Omer isn’t going to let anyone in. We have no chance. Tayyar is frantic. What are you saying?! This is as far as we go, the lawyer replies, I’m going to try to find another way, but I think it’s almost impossible.
Elif returns to the interrogation room without Filiz. She tells Nedret that Filiz didn’t want to come. I spoke to her but… Nedret is heartbroken. [what does she expect?]
The judge and the DA arrive at the station. The judge wonders why Omer keeps insisting on this case. The investigation is over. Omer explains, while investigating the murder of Komiser Ipek, we obtained some information and I wanted to share it with you immediately. This could change the whole case. The judge is ticked at having to come so late. He hopes this is worth it. The DA feels the same way as the judge. Elif comes out and the men go in.
Omer introduces Nedret to the judge and DA. If you help us, these gentlemen will consider it when they see your case. Nedret understands. Omer begins, you already told us about your connection with Tayyar Dundar in money laundering and organ trafficking. You said you were going to tell everything and prove it with evidence that will be presented in court. Is that correct?
The DA wants to know where this evidence is. He asks, can I see it? Omer says it’s abroad. The DA asks, what do you want to tell us about the murders that Tayyar committed? I imagine Komiser Omer already told you about them. Can you confirm that?
#160 part 3
Nedret looks like she’s fading fast. She’s gasping for breath. Tayyar… Dundar… Nedret faints. Omer rushes to her—Nedret Hanim! The DA and judge are shocked. Arda comes to help Omer. Call an ambulance!! Omer starts CPR. Arda runs into the hallway and asks a cop for his phone to call an ambulance. Elif is alarmed and heads for the interrogation room. This can’t be, Omer says. Elif enters and sees Omer doing CPR.
Nedret is brought to the hospital. Omer explains what happened to the doctor. Nedret is wheeled into a room. Omer asks Elif if she’s okay. She doesn’t know. They sit. Omer brings her water. Elif wonders if her aunt will die. Omer says she’ll live… she has to live. This is our last chance. The doctor comes out and says Nedret is stable but she’s still in danger. We did what we could and now we have to wait. Elif asks, will she live? It depends on how she responds to treatment, the doc replies, geçmiş olsun.
A nurse comes out and asks Elif if she’s Filiz Hanim. She says Nedret keeps asking for Filiz, she wants to see her. Omer asks if they can see Nedret. The nurse says okay but make it brief. Nedret is hooked up to a monitor. She’s barely conscious. She mutters for Filiz. How could you, Elif asks her softly, why did you ruin our lives and yours? Nedret asks for Filiz again.
Omer asks, can you hear us? Nedret Hanim, can you tell me where you hid the evidence? Nedret moans and the monitor starts beeping. Flatline. Elif is panicked. What happened? What’s wrong? Omer shouts for help.
The medicos try to resuscitate Nedret. It’s no use. Omer pleads with them to continue. The doc says they did what they could. Başınız sağ olsun (my condolences). Omer puts his hands to his face and whispers, Allah kahrestin. The doc calls the time of death. Omer locks the door and firmly states, this woman did not die! Nobody other than us will know! No one!
Tayyar is on his phone demanding the latest information from his lawyer. Did Nedret talk? The lawyer says all he knows is that Nedret fell ill during the interrogation. They took her to the hospital. Good, Tayyar replies, do you know which hospital? I want you to find out now and don’t let her leave there alive. Lawyer says he’s on it. Tayyar asks about the DA. Did Nedret confess anything?
The lawyer says the DA doesn’t want to see him. It’s obvious that Omer spoke with him and the judge. He suspects the DA is our man. Tayyar says do what you must to meet with him. Find out if Nedret confessed anything. Hurry! Tayyar sends the guard away and says he’s keeping the phone. He’ll give him money and his phone tomorrow. Tayyar is furious.
Omer marches out of the ER room. Elif follows—Omer! Where are you going? What are you thinking? He’s frustrated. We had the chance to catch that scoundrel inside and she’s gone, too! I can’t do this! I can’t allow this! We were so close! That scoundrel Tayyar will pay the price!
Elif stops Omer from leaving. No, I don’t know what you’re thinking but we have to talk first. We’re not going to talk, he replies, it’s over. She demands to know what he’s going to do. He tells her not to let anyone in the room. He tells the guard outside not to let anyone in. Do as I say, my love, he tells Elif and he leaves.
Omer’s buddies are waiting outside. Tolga says, they finished her off like the transplant doctor. Omer comes outside and says nobody knows except the doctor and the nurse inside. Pelo asks, what are you planning? Omer replies, if we don’t finish this tonight, Tayyar is going to be saved. No matter what, we have to make sure that justice done. There's some hesitation in the group.
#160 part 4
Omer acknowledges what he’s planning is outside the law. It’s inhumane, he adds, you don’t have to accept this. I won’t force you, but whatever decision you make, I’ll do it even if I’m alone. Arda tries to reason, Omer interrupts—look brother, some people shouldn’t live in this world. He’s a beast. As long as that man lives, innocent people will suffer and he will continue his evil deeds. Neither Elif nor me nor my family will ever be happy. Tayyar must pay. Will you help me? They all look at each other.
I guess everyone’s in on the plan because they are in a van outside the prison. Pelo is waiting for word from inside. It looks like there is a shift change happening. Guards are leaving. There goes the prison director after an extra shift. Pelo gets a message. We’re ready. Everyone gets out of the van. Omer thanks them for their support. Omer gets into the prison through a back door.
Elif sits in the ER with Nedret’s covered corpse. Creepy. A nurse comes to check on Nedret. The guard won’t let her in and tells her there’s an interrogation going on. They argue a bit and the nurse finally goes. It’s a good thing. We see the nurse take a syringe out of her pocket. She was dispatched to kill Nedret. Inside the room, Elif is relieved.
The nurse contacts Tayyar about the failed mission. He’s livid. She says the cops are there interrogating Nedret. And there’s a cop at the door who won’t let her in. Tayyar shouts—you will go in! You will give her that shot and kill her! If you don’t, I’m going to dump your body in the landfill!
A guard comes to let Omer into the cell area. Omer asks, what cell is he in? The guard walks him down the hallway. Omer says, we haven’t seen each other, okay? He spots the camera—is it off? The guard says it’s off. Pelin handled it. He hands Omer something that he says he took from the evidence locker. We can’t really see what it is yet. The guard opens the door and Omer enters.
Tayyar looks as if he’s seen a ghost. What are you doing here? He yells for the guard. Omer shushes him—calm down, I came to give you the good news myself. Tayyar snaps back, you can’t come in here, how dare you! Who gave you permission? Omer answers, we have rotten colleagues among us who serve people like you. You get your power and arrogance from them, don’t you? We caught your people. But the DA who works for you let them go like nothing happened. But now, we’re alone.
What do you want from me, Tayyar asks. I already told you, Omer replies, I brought you good news. Tayyar, this story ends with a happy ending, thank God. What is this nonsense, Tayyar asks, you have a dying Nedret in your hands. You can’t prove anything. You’ve always underestimated me, Omer says, but this is the last time, the last. Nedret told us everything, and gave us the proof.
Tayyar’s jaw drops. Omer continues, she recorded absolutely everything in case your relationship soured one day. All her signatures, all her phone calls. What she told will be of great use to the homicide bureau, financial crimes, and organized crimes. People who worked with you are going to testify in court.
Don’t put too much faith in that evidence, Tayyar says, it could blow up in your hands. It seems you forgot how important the judge’s discretion is in the law. Your legal knowledge seems a bit weak. I will serve my sentence, and it will be over.
Omer says that Tayyar is mistaken. There is also something called recusal of judges. There are still honest judges and DAs in Türkiye, and there are people you’re afraid of—people you can’t buy with money. With a sinister smile, Omer says, Tayyar… talk is over. You’ve reached the end.
#160 part 5
Tayyar calls Omer’s bluff. This is all a lie. If it were true, you wouldn’t be wasting your time here. You’d be laughing at me maliciously in court. Yes, I will, I will, Omer replies, don’t worry, I’ll laugh. Ah, he adds, in case you don’t believe me, call your lawyer and ask him. See if it’s true or not. I see you’re very comfortable here. Call and ask.
Tayyar gets his phone and makes the call. He asks the lawyer for an update. Tayyar Bey, things are very bad, the lawyer says. What we feared has happened. Nedret Hanim confessed and handed in all the evidence. The chief DA requested a recusal of the judge. Everything will start from scratch. Tayyar tells him to find someone and fix it.
The lawyer says things have changed. Nobody wants to help. They’re going to open investigations against a lot of people. Understand that there’s no one inside to help us. What are we going to do, Tayyar asks. The reasonable thing for us it to admit guilt and express remorse, the lawyer replies, but most likely you will be sentenced to life. I’m sorry.
We see that Arda is there with Tayyar’s lawyer! He nods at the lawyer. The lawyer continues, I don’t want to give you false hope. I’m very sorry. Tayyar snaps, may God curse you! This is your fault, your stupidity… Omer snatches the phone from Tayyar. He tells Tayyar it’s over.
The bad nurse keeps her eyes on the guard at Nedret’s door. The guard knocks at the door. Elif opens. The nurse approaches to see if she can get a look inside. The guard tells Elif he needs to use the bathroom. Elif says okay but hurry. The nurse sees Nedret covered with a sheet. She’s stunned.
A distraught Tayyar sits on his bunk. He asks Omer to leave. You got what you wanted, komiser. You managed to trap me and prove my guilt. You finished me. Now I’ll live in prison… if you can call that living. I’m going to live like a caged animal. I’m never going to get out of here.
Omer says, but that doesn't make me happy. Tayyar asks, what more do you want? Omer shows him what the guard gave him, a very long, leather belt. He dangles it in front of Tayyar’s face. Omer answers, I want you to die. Tayyar looks at the belt. He looks at Omer. His phone rings. It’s the nurse (hemşire) calling.
We see the nurse furiously pacing back and forth. Come on, please answer the phone. She leaves a message: Tayyar Bey, the woman is dead. Tayyar doesn’t answer and shuts the phone. Omer continues to dangle the belt. Tayyar gulps. There’s nothing more to say. Omer folds the belt and holds it out it to Tayyar. Either you do it yourself, or I’ll do it.
#160 part 6
Tayyar takes the belt. You’ve arranged everything, Komiser Omer. You even took my belt. It’ll look like a suicide. He stands up and tells Omer, if you were my man, we would have done great things together. You’d be very rich. I’m richer than you, Omer smirks, I know how to love. Empty words, Tayyar replies, the man in front of you has already lost. Of course you’re going to talk. You won, I lost.
At least do something honorable with your last breath, Omer says, kill yourself so the people you leave behind can breathe a sigh of relief. Tayyar looks up at the bars on the window. Omer looks, too. Tayyar notes, only death cleanses the pain of losing.
Tayyar takes a few steps towards the window. He turns to Omer and holds out the belt. You’re much taller. Omer takes the belt. Tayyar leans his head on the bunk and exhales while Omer pulls up a chair to the window and tightens the belt on a bar.
Omer snaps the belt to signal it’s done. Tayyar turns around and stares at it. He grabs the end of the belt and pulls himself up on the chair.
They cut a bit here in the Spanish version. Tayyar asks Omer, will you watch until it’s over? You won’t leave until it’s over, right? You’ll check if I’m dead or alive. Omer silently glares at him, and you can tell he’s trying to contain his emotions.
Tayyar tells him I would do the same if I were you. Anyway, at least I won’t die alone. I’ll know I was defeated by a clever enemy. These are only consolation prizes of course. Tayyar places the loop around his neck. Tayyar has some final words for Omer. How much we resemble each other. We’re both very intelligent and strong. One of us is white, the other is black.
Omer maintains his silence and keeps fixated on Tayyar. Tayyar kicks the chair from under him. Omer watches him hang and twitch and then he turns away.
Ah, Omer, Ah! What have you done! And we are out!
Wow! What a doozy of an episode, Dondi! I went nuts when the nurse kept trying to reach Nedret. And then Tayyar’s anvil. Controversial, yes. But he was such a villain; this ended his reign of terror. He seemed resigned to it. I thought his praise of Omer was interesting.
This will stick in my mind for a while. The dizi begins with Omer as the Super Cop. It took one to destroy Tayyar. I can’t decide if it harmed Omer ethically. I think he was the only one who could have done it.
In lots of Mexican outlaw stories, they refer to the “ley fuga.” It means the bad guy was shot “trying to escape,” when he was actually executed. This seemed “cleaner” somehow. Tayyar carried it out, after all.
Thank you for the summary. I had wondered if they could share an anvil. This was close.
What’s left? Four episodes to go so must be some twists and turns yet to come!
Babachita
Thank you Dondi! Your recap is incredible but this episode, not so much!
I'm disappointed! These anvils are too easy in my mind. I can understand why Omer wanted to do this - and I even said Tayyar can't live - but I didn't want Omer to arrange his suicide! I wanted one of his idiot henchies to turn on him and kill him violently or something. I guess those guys really are as dumb as Tayyar accuses them of being.
I also don't like that Nedret just gets to die suddenly.... where's the year jail sentence? Where's the suffering? It's not satisfying.
When I saw the cut Spanish version I wondered if Tayyar could somehow fake his suicide and fool Omer - which with four episodes left I still wonder, though the details you added sound a little more concrete with no gray area. Did Omer check for a pulse before leaving?
Omer leaves the prison where Pelo and Tolga are waiting. He tells them it’s over and Tayyar hung himself! It’s finally over (why am I having a hard time believing this??? It’s too easy)
Elif is still waiting in the hospital room and Omer arrives.
Omer: Elif, it’s me. It’s over.
Elif: You killed him.
Omer: Every day he lived was a stain on my dignity that I had to erase. I had no other choice.
Elif: You were the one who killed him.
Omer: I didn’t put the belt around his neck, but yes, I know that he wanted it. I left him no other option except to kill himself. And he did it. I saw him die.
Omer is about to break down and Elif is crying. Omer keeps looking to Nedret laying on the bed, Elmer embrace.
Next morning, Huso is reading in the paper about the shocking suicide of businessman Tayar Dundar, but I still have doubts. Fatih is led back into the room and the guard says if he keeps getting into trouble, he’ll be back in isolation. Huso approaches.
Fatih: Grandpa, did you miss me?
Huso: Of course I did. I can’t be without you, grandson.
Fatih: Well, you won’t miss me anymore because we’re going to die here.
Huso: Look, boy, I know you didn’t love your father. You prayed for him to die. What he did to you is beyond words, but even so, he is your father.
Fatih: He was a bastard. I wish he would die.
Huso: Well, your wish came true. He is dead. (Looks like Fatih doubts too) To be honest, I thought I was going to jump for joy, but I feel strange. Look, this says he hanged himself in his cell.
Elif is sitting nearly frozen on the couch when Omer comes in and notices it’s already in all the newspapers. Elif asks how he is and he thinks he’s okay but he couldn’t sleep. Elif is worried about him because he’s too good to live with what he did. Omer is determined to believe everything is going to be okay. It’s over. They are safe now. Tayyar is dead, and Huso is in prison, and he doesn’t think Fatih wants to or can hurt them again. It’s over. Elif says it still isn’t over. Remorse is going to kill him, and that’s not a bad thing. She’d rather he be remorseful, but this is enough. Omer doesn’t know what she means and Elif says ‘there will always be murderers and criminals, and every time you have to kill or capture one, they will take a part of you. Your conscience will not leave you in peace, and you won’t be able to sleep either. You’ve been looking different to me since last night, like a man I don’t know and don’t understand, and that change frightens me terribly. You will become different. While you try to save other people’s lives, you are destroying your own at the same time. We will never have peace. Please don’t destroy your life because of others. You can’t do this all the time. I want to live in peace beside you.’
Omer: Elif, my love, what are you saying?
Elif: Quit being a police officer.
Omer: Are you joking? What else could I do? Tell me, what else could I work at? This is my job,
Elif: and you are my whole life, Omer, but while you remain a police officer, it is impossible for us to be happy. Impossible.
One week later.
Pelo: Elif come, come here. Sit down now. Come over here. All right, here is the veil, and this goes like this.
Arda: Just wait, Pelin.
Pelo: Nobody say anything or move. This is the first one - look at it. The first one or the second? Look, what do you think?
Arda: Well, they are both beautiful. They’re great. They are the same.
Pelo: The same? Arda. One is long and the other is short. Can’t you see? Why am I marrying you? You can’t even tell the difference between long and short.
Yagiz: So, you’re not going to get married?
Pelo goes over to the couch and embraces Yaz: Yes, my treasure, we’re getting married. Calm down. I would marry him in anything, if only for you.
Arda: All right, friend. Look, she’s already using him to manipulate me. That’s no way to behave.
Arda turns to Omer, who was looking very amused, and in a transparent attempt to escape he says: Omer. Shouldn’t we be getting ready for our roles as groom and best man? We have to buy the tie, look at the suits, the shoes. Get up, come on, let’s get out of here quickly.
Omer: I have so much to do, and I had forgotten all that.
Pelo: Wait a moment. There is a lot to do.
Elif: Omer, you have to call everyone on this list, please. They are the wedding guests.
Omer: Didn’t we already call them all yesterday?
Elif: But we have to be sure. Call again. What does it matter? We have to fulfill our obligations. Look, best men do not get tired, do not complain, and certainly do not get bored.
Omer: Of course, that’s true. They don’t complain. Well, my friend, let’s go call people, and when we finish that, we’ll enjoy our freedom.
Elif: You talk as if this were torture, Omer.
Omer: If no one tortured anyone, everything would be easier. A more beautiful world.
Omer and Arda make it out to the garden and Arda is STRESSED. There’s clear tension between Omer and Elif so I’m sure he’s stressed too.
Omer: Hey, calm down, groom. Don’t exaggerate. Come and sit down.
Arda: Me, exaggerating? Am I exaggerating? What was that, my friend? Wasn’t this supposed to be just a simple wedding? Wasn’t it supposed to be just the four of us, sign the papers, and that’s it? But people are coming whom I haven’t seen in 40 years.
Omer: Well, you’re going to have to put up with it, Mr. Groom.
Arda: Hey, tell me, what did you do, Omer? Did you solve the problem?
Omer: The problem? The problem is as big as an elephant. We haven’t talked about any subject since that day. But she already knows that what she’s asking of me is going to drive me crazy, and that I have to go back to work as soon as possible. It’s who I am. In other words, there’s a silent war between us.
Elif enters the garden: Have you started calling the guests?
Omer practically jumps: Yes, yes, we already started with that.
Elif: Very good. Now I have to go to my office. I’ll be back soon.
Omer: All right, I can take you and then head to the station. (long strained look between them) Well, Arda, you take care of things.
Arda: Excuse me, sir, but wasn’t the best man supposed to be here for this?
Elif: You shouldn’t complain. You’re marrying the woman you love. Your wedding should be the best day of your life.
Arda: I wish you the same, miss.
More awkwardness as Omer tries to smile at Elif. He gives up and says let’s not be late and tells Arda he’ll see him later. Arda tries to breath a sigh of relief, but Pelo calls out that they have to go to the hairdresser, he sighs for a different reason and says coming love.
Nilu comes to visit Fatih and the guard says they have one hour.
Nilu: You thought I wouldn’t come, didn’t you?
Fatih: And once again, you surprised me. I hope you came to cheer me up, princess - or did you come to tell me our bad luck continues?
Nilu: My condolences.
Fatih: Well, this proves that good things can still happen.
Nilu: luck is not smiling. Why did you do it, Fatih?
Fatih: I swear on my mother that it was self-defense. If I hadn’t acted that quickly, I wouldn’t be here in front of you now. The only thing I thought about was you and our baby. Tayyar Dunder took everything I had, and all I ever dreamed of was having a normal life. You don’t believe what I’m saying, I know.
Nilu: Yes, yes, I believe you. Call it bad luck or whatever you want, but everything that happened to us, Omer and Elif’s pain, the people who suffered - call it whatever you want - we cannot be happy. The lawyer says you have 30 years left here. Our son will already be an adult. Yes, it’s true. I could wait for you, but life won’t.
Omer drops Elif off at the office and asks if she’s going to be long. She says no, Pelin needs her, she’ll just be an hour. She asks where he’s going and he reminds her he’s going to the station. Elif takes a breath and says okay, I’ll see you. Omer gives her a kiss on the cheek she doesn’t seem to invite; he tries to smile as he returns the sentiment but Elif is NOT smiling. She takes a few steps toward the office but turns back.
Elif: Omer, did nothing I told you matter to you, or have you already decided you’re not going to do it?
Omer: Elif, don’t start.
Elif: Not start? Tell me - are you going to the station to resign, or are you planning to go to work as if nothing had happened?
Long pause….
Elif: Now I have my answer. Thank you.
Elif stalks off and Omer looks after her.
Huso is getting ready for sentencing and playing with his tie. It’s just plain wide to see a man dressing up in a prison cell but maybe it’s common in Turkey. He’s trying to get Fatih to give him feedback on his appearance but Fatih thinks it’s pointless. He’s going to sentencing not some fancy event, who cares about his tie. Huso thinks his family might come and he wants to look good, but Fatih thinks it’s a pipe dream. Huso asks if Fatih is trying to hurt him and he says no, he’s just taking out his frustration out on Huso. He sighs and says: ‘the future waiting for us is not very promising, is it?’ The guards come to get Huso and Fatih manages to be a little more supportive in the last few seconds.
I don’t know if the family is going or not, but Melike is calling the lawyer for information and Demet is disgruntled!
Demet: Grandma, why are you making my mother call the lawyer for someone who, to you, was dead?
Melike: Thank you very much. Have a lovely day. Goodbye.
She hangs up and glares at her daughter.
Melike: Demet!
Elvan has more compassion: When you become a mother, you’ll understand. Every time you punish your children, afterward you’ll go alone to your room and cry from anguish. You won’t understand it until you become a mother.
To Melike: What did the lawyer say?
Melike: Today they’re going to make the decision.
Demet: I hope they give him the death sentence. That’s what he deserves. That way we’d be rid of him.
Melike: Demet, don’t talk like that about your father.
Elvan: You’re angry because he killed someone, but you’re doing the same thing to him. What kind of thoughts are those? God gives life, and only He takes it away.
Demet huffs and stalks out of the room.
Mert goes to see Elif in her office, and apparently, she needed to keep Pelin waiting for an hour so she could sketch? Mert is nervous but he’s come to talk about getting more responsibility (money) now that he’s a college grad. He doesn’t need to be nervous though, this is a family company and he’s part of the family. Actually, Asli and Elif have already talked about this and with Nedret’s untimely demise there will be changes. Mert looks concerned again, but this is good for him, Elif wanted to tell him in another way but since he’s here – he’s being made the assistant manager of his department! That is, if he wants to keep working here? He does and is very excited.
Demet is cleaning her room in an agitated state and she drops something from her desk. She reaches for it and also comes up with a picture of her with mom and dad. She goes to rip the photo over Huso’s face but can’t quite do it. She puts the photo in a book and puts it away. Her phone rings, it’s Mert calling and she’s happy because she misses him and needed to hear his voice. He gives her the news that he’s now a manger! Just one more thing to resolve and then he can ask her family for her hand. Demet says don’t you dare save up to buy an expensive ring. Go buy the cheapest ring out there and get your butt over here so we can do this! (No, she didn’t use those words, that’s the Darcy interpretation)
Is Omer quitting his job? Nope! He’s getting a new desk, new office, and a new team to lead! Elif will be thrilled!!! Omer’s very handsome new boss brings him into the room and introduces him to his new team who are very eager to work for the man who caught Tayyar Dundar! Omer looks a little uncomfortable with the praise, but Jefe has a new case for him already. Now that the head is cut off, it’s time to get to work rounding up all his cohorts! Omer is ready, let’s do this!
Elif is still drawing and Asli is now in her office and questioning her decision-making skills.
Asli: Elif, have you thought it through? Are you sure?
Elif: Yes, I’m sure, Asli. Of course, I am. Tayyar’s death has not improved things - it has made them worse. This will never end. There will always be mafia. If one disappears, another will appear somewhere, and Omer will always have to catch them.
Asli: All right. Well then, what do you expect him to do now? Is it really that easy? Omer identifies himself with the work he does. He loves his work. His work is who he is. What is he supposed to do from now on? If I can see that, why can’t you?
Elif: Why are you telling me that? Of course I do. But how do I hold on to him when he grows distant every time he sees someone die? Even if it’s a criminal, he is affected, because his purpose is to protect life.
Asli: I thought that when Tayyar died, everything would be calmer. But Bravo, he managed it - even dead, he still keeps you from being happy. Think carefully, all right? Think carefully about what you are giving up, and why. That is the last thing I will say.
Asli walks out of the office.
Back to Omer learning about his new case and the nail being driven into the coffin of Elif’s hopes to get him to quit. The new handsome boss is going through the case file with Omer telling him that they think everyone who works in this location is involved or at least forced to participate but they haven’t been able to make them talk. They know the packages come from there, but they have no proof. Omer wonders if there’s any evidence at all but Jefe says the guy is very good and there is nothing! They are trafficking diamonds in various ways. He tells Omer to look at some photos and Omer looks very closely. He discovers a picture of a lighter that looks just like his!!! Jefe is confused but as we see a flashback of young Huso and Omer finding their father dead in a store, we learn that Omer found the lighter on the day his dad died. He’s always believed it belonged to the man who killed his father and that he would find him one day. Jefe says it looks like that day is arriving!
Huso is in his sentencing hearing, the family isn’t there.
Prosecutor: Considering the evidence and the statements we heard from the witnesses, I ask that the convict receive the same sentence previously declared.
Judge: Huseyin Demir, I ask you one last time if you wish - you may remain silent, but afterward you will not be able to say anything. Is there anything you wish to add?
Huso: Your Honor, I never listened when they told me you reap what you sow. I learned that from my father, but I never applied it. Everything that has been written or declared against me is true, Your Honor. I cannot object to any accusation. I accept it. I accept my punishment. I have no other choice.
Judge: All rise.
The courtroom stands
Judge: Mr. Huseyin Demir, on the charges of being responsible for the death of Ahmed Demizer, Sibel, and Bahar Sinar, you are declared guilty. These were murders carried out with criminal intent. For this reason, according to Turkish law, you are sentenced to life imprisonment.
Jefe is happy the material helped and he tells Omer to get busy solving the case, Omer agrees. Jefe is about to walk out the door that has Omer’s name on it, when Omer says there’s one more thing.
Omer: My father had an employee, Ismet, a friend of ours. He owns a jewelry store. Until recently we would see each other occasionally. I think I should go visit him. Maybe if I ask him about this lighter, I’ll catch him off guard. I’m sure he must know something.
Jefe: Yes, good idea. Keep me informed.
Elif is waiting in her house in a very elegant black dress when Pelo opens the door and walks out in her wedding dress. She looks very beautiful.
Pelo: Elif, I lost my necklace. I can’t find it anywhere.
Elif: Pelin, don’t worry. We’ll find it.
Pelo: I told Arda a thousand times to be careful when he left my dress stretched out on the bed.
Elif: Calm down, Pelin. It will turn up.
Pelo: I can’t, Elif. Besides, all of Arda’s family is staying at his house, mine is settled at my house, and you already did us a favor by letting us use yours. Thank you so much, Elif.
Elif: Pel, there’s nothing to thank me for. You would have done the same for me. Look what I found around here. (She holds up the necklace) He has very good taste, Pel.
Pelo: That coming from the designer.
Elif: Maybe, but he chose it all by himself. I didn’t help him.
Elif puts in on her: Done.
Pelo: This is the happiest day of my life and largely because of you. Oh, it’s almost time, Elif. There’s very little time left. Have you seen Omer?
Elif: No, I haven’t seen him.
Pelo: Can there be a wedding without the witness? Where is Omer?
Omer is at the jewelry store because this can’t wait a day for his best friends’ wedding? When he arrives Ismet isn’t there but the employees who know and recognize Omer offer to go fetch him because he’s having coffee nearby.
Omer looks around while waiting and notices an old wedding picture. He asks who it is and is told it is the parents of Ismet. The names are on the photo, and I feel like I should recognize/remember the name but there are too many names to remember. Omer is impactada though, and I believe we are seeing the now known name of one of Tayyar’s accomplices! The man’s name is Kemal Tezer. His wife is Zeynep, and as Omer continues to stare and think we realize the initials match the lighter!!! We get another flashback to Omer in the store with his mom talking to Ismet after dad’s death.
Ismet: Thank you very much, Senora Elvan.
Young Elvan: You’re welcome. We’re going to let you know. You grew up with Burhan. He taught you everything you know. Don’t worry. You’re practically family. You have nothing to thank us for, son. I’m sure you deserve it. If somehow Buran could see us now, he would be the happiest of all for giving you the store. He loved you very much.
Omer is realizing that his family gave the store to the enemy just as Ismet arrives from coffee.
Ismet: My dear Omer, welcome. I’m glad to see you, Omer.
Omer: You killed my father, Ismet!
Omer grabs the man and pushes him up against the wall. His employees start to move but Omer tells them not to interfere and they back off.
Omer: My father gave you work and a business, and this is how you repay him - by eliminating him? Speak or I’ll kill you. Answer. Tell me the truth. Speak or I’ll kill you.
Surprisingly, Ismet confesses right away!
Ismet: So, you finally found the killer. Don’t you remember when you were a child and you wanted to be a police officer? You said you wanted to find his killer. At last, you found him.
Omer: But why did you kill him?
Ismet: Because your father didn’t want to get involved in the illegal business. He found out everything that was happening in the bazaar and went to the police. The others decided he had to be eliminated, and they told me to do it. They told me I was going to be rich, that I would have my own store, and through it I would have to help them. May God curse me. I was very young. They put so much money in front of me that they convinced me, Omer.
Omer decks him and I’m starting to think Elif might have a chance after all – I mean he solved the case of daddy’s murderer in a few hours, maybe he doesn’t have to keep working…
Arda is NOT enjoying his wedding day, and it’s kind of funny. They are standing outside the pink house, young men are dancing in the street, and dad is having a blast, but Arda is anxious.
Arda: Dad, look at you, you’re tired. Please, let’s go to the ceremony so I can take my wife home.
Arda’s dad: Son, let the young people enjoy themselves.
Arda: Dad, we’re making a lot of noise here. Please, go to the door already.
Dad: No, son. Let them keep dancing so they can bring luck to the marriage.
Arda: Wait, Dad, for the love of God, please wait. Come on, Dad, please knock on the door. Please, Dad, please, Daddy, knock. Thank you very much.
Dad knocks and asks if Pelo is ready and Elif says of course, come in. They enter and find Pelo and Asli. At first, Arda is too anxious to even react to his bride in a wedding dress, and I think both he and Pelo need to learn to chill but he finally gives Pelo an appreciative look before rushing her out the door.
Outside Asli is very concerned about throwing rice and Pelo’s future mother-in-law wants her to smash open a pomegranate! Asli is worried that will ruin her dress, but Elif says to back off. Arda says to do whatever she wants, but quickly! (LOL) Pelo throws the fruit and Arda even manages a smile as the men start dancing around Pelo. Maybe he’ll relax enough to enjoy himself???
Omer is perp walking Ismet to the cop car.
Ismet: Now you’ll be able to go say goodbye to him at his grave in peace.
Omer: Get in.
Ismet: My conscience has chased and tortured me for so many years because of this. Burhan was the best person in the world, just like you, Omer. Forgive me, please.
Omer: You left two children without their father, and my mother was widowed. You played with our fate, and now you ask me for forgiveness? Get in the car. Get in, get in.
Ismet finally gets in and Omer tells the officer to take him to the station and prepare him for interrogation.
End of episode.
Thanks for the great summary, Darcy! You had an interesting episode as they are quickly filling in the blanks. I’m fascinated that that lighter we saw so often held the clue to Omer’s father’s murder! The crime organization had tentacles everywhere!.
I’m guessing this was the same jeweler that had wedding rings Omer’s father had picked but didn’t use. When he took Elif to pick rings, the jeweler said he had them. I think those may be the rings Omer and Elif are still using.
New boss is very handsome. It must be hard not to have Arda and Pelin in his team, but more realistic that they would have their own teams.
Things feel very off for Elmer. Elif has had so many shocks. She has trouble processing the end of Tayyar. Omer is very busy solving crimes. I worry where this will lead.
Thanks again! Next week is it!
Babachita
Excellent recaps this weekend. I enjoyed reading them all. Asli is the voice of reason to Elif. Who would have thought that. And I agree, Omer couldn't wait a day so he could attend his best friend's wedding! Is Arda really 40 years old. I would have thought they were about 35 at most. Maybe 40 is just a number they use to mean ages ago.
Almost done with this show. Any others in the pipeline. I didn't get into Lejos so I'll have to search for some other Dizi that is available on YouTube or the free Vix or Telemundo.
Kat - I don't think there's anything new coming daytime right now. I am still watching Guardian but I haven't been commenting because I'm at least a week behind. Maybe I'll be able to catch up.
<< Home
© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.


