Thursday, August 06, 2026
PRIMETIME on Univisión (#2) Tan Cerca de Ti, Nace El Amor, Guardian de Mi Vida, & Corazon de Oro - Week of Aug. 3, 2026
Welcome to page 2 of Primetime TNs/Series. Discussion for Tan Cerca de Ti, Nace El Amor is going strong!! Thank you, Jarifa, for your outstanding notes from the couch! Drop in and join the fun! As always and PLE-E-EASE!!, if some brave soul(s) would like to contribute a recap or just some highlights for any of the listed TNs, it would be greatly appreciated. You can also add to or clarify scenes/details, especially those that are favs or not-so-favs. The TNs covered by this page are:
8-9 PM – Tan Cerca de Ti, Nace El Amor: Ep. 49-50
9-10 PM – Guardian
de Mi Vida: Ep. 58-59
10-11pm – Corazon de Oro: Ep. 18-19
Friendly reminder: PLEASE put
the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post so
readers can easily find the conversations they're looking for. (You can shorten
the title to one word, i.e., “Guardian”.)
Discussion pages will be posted on Mondays and Thursdays by 8:30PM.
Labels: cerca, corazon, guardian, primetime, Univision
Susan, I laughed out loud at “Rex resists watering Barb’s grass blouse.” That would have been SO funny. We could write this stuff ourselves; we really could.
I don’t think Mariano lost too much money at the casino. They just talked about how it’s where he goes to cheer up when he’s sad, etc. I have to say this show is taking a very cavalier attitude toward gambling addiction. They usually handle the PSAs pretty well, so I hope they’ll come around. By the end of this show, I’d like to see him in a 12-step meeting.
I get all caught up yesterday afternoon, then lose Internet around 8 p.m. and it's still out. I guess I can watch on my phone but it's annoying watching that way. Sorry I can't keep up with the discussion. Spectrum does not make it easy to report outages. A tech is coming out tomorrow afternoon but since we had pretty intense storms last night I think there is a line down somewhere. If this keeps up we will look into going with the fiberoptic option that came to our road last year!
Notes from the Couch The "Things are Brewing" dition
1. Bruno introduces himself as a messenger at the Navarro company to Dani in Vale's quince dress. He thinks she looks like a princess. . They are both immediately taken with each other. Kassandra is not happy that he folded the documents he brought for her to sign. She tells him he can get a folder and a backpack so it doesn't happen again.
2. It runs out that Dani has on Vale's dress so Kassandra has a better idea of the kind of dress she wants. Kassandra promises her that her dress will be a thousand times better.
3. Eleazar is kicking himself for having talked the way he did to Vale.
4. Vale leaves the shop and Hugo sees she is upset. She refuses to tells him what is going on. Eleazar comes out and wants to talk to her.
5. Aurelio came to the office and was surprised to see Romina was not there so he talks to Marcos in the break room. Iván listens outside the door. Marcos says Romina is not sick but left last night for Vero's house. Why? Marcos says it seems they are headed for a separation.
6. Consuelo is at the shrine crying and apologizing to her late sister for what she feels for Aurelio but promising her she will not fail her. She has no right to.
7. Diego arrives at a park where he is going to meet Majo. Unfortunately, he is being followed by Claudia who is scurrying like a gremlin hiding behind trees.
8. Vale tells Eleazar she got the message. He insists and wants to talk to her alone. She puts her arm around Hugo and says it isn't happening. Eleazar starts to give in when Rebeca his "girlfriend" arrives". Vale sticks it to Eleazar telling Rebeca that Eleazar just asked her if she had seen her at school. Rebeca is so impressed and s all over Eleazar. Vale and Hugo leave them as they go for some coffee.
9. Marcos explains that he and Romina had an argument and she left. No, he didn't do anything and he didn't cheat on her. Unfortunately for Iván, Olga shows up and drags him away. He agrees they have some tea in his office with no double entendres included.
10. Marcos tells Aurelio he will talk to Romina. Aurelio says that Marcos stabbed him in the heart with his news.He wants Marcos to fix things with Romina or he will have to deal with him. It is about time they had a baby. He wants to be a grandfather already.
11. Majo sees Claudia and leaves. Diego cannot find her but right behind him is Claudia announcing that she followed him. In her twisted mind, she thinks that Diego was cheating on her before they broke up. So, that gives her the right to know who the girl is. He tells her she is making a huge mistake and leaves as she calls for him to come back.
12. Joaquín tells Facundo that all is going well with Vale. They will have to cone up with a new schedule and a new bike that is exclusively hers. Facundo agrees but has issues of his own. He wants to talk to Joaquín as a friend. He is worried. It has to do with Vero.
13. Vero is in Vale's room enjoying her photos. She remembers Facundo telling her that if she were to betray him, he would betray her. A look of fear passes over her face.
14. Facundo says that for Joaquín, Vero is an employee but she is many things to everyone else and it is hard for her to be all those things due to all of responsibilities he is giving her. Facundo would like him not to give her anything extra to do like bringing her here to his office . . . at night. Joaquín is ready to explain but Facundo says that Vero already explained it to him. All he is asking is that Joaquín not put so much on her shoulders. Joaquín has on his poker face.
15. Claudia asks Majo if she can trust her. Majo says yes. Claudia is super sure that Diego is going out with somebody. She tells Majo about following Diego. She will find out who that girl is. Majo promises to not tell Diego a word. Majo gets a call from Diego. Claudia goes to work.
16. Diego and Majo compare notes on Claudia and the park. Diego says Claudia is crazy (I agree with him). Majo is kinder and says that Claudia is only sad and angry. He cannot put up with her. She is around all the time. Majo hangs up as Claudia comes back saying she is going to get a breath of air. Claudia asks if she is all right. Majo says she is as she works.
17. Rebeca is in the shop with Eleazar and isn't getting the attention she would like as he is involved with the bikes. He finally explains he had a very bad day and all he wants to finish his work and go home. She says no need to explain. She likes him no matter what. There is almost a kiss when Facundo calls.
18. Facundo is reminding Eleazaar one more time he has to be 100% focused on his career even though he wants to help Claudia. So, Facundo is going to help him find Claudia's father. He has a clue.
19. Vale tries to explain to Hugo how Eleazar is acting. He explains they are all on the same team but it is still competitive. Eleazar now has to worry about him and her. She wonders why it has to be that way. He says Eleazar is the worst. If he were in his place, he would try to make her smile every day. He gently pushes back her her hair. Nayeli sees it, announces her presence and takes control. He is visibly shocked and she kisses him long and hard.
20. Facundo enters the confessional and tells Nico that he divorced his wife and any time she has tried to remake her life , he has dedicated himself to ruining it for her. He could not stand the thought of seeing her with another man. It isn't because he still loved her. Sometimes he despises her but she was HIS and nobody else could touch her. The worst was that she fell in love with somebody else. Somebody like him, Nicolás! Nico asks HOW??? Facundo continues saying the man who went to bed with his ex now says mass and hands out hosts. He makes a point that he didn't come to fight. He only came to confess a sin that Nico didn't know he had committed. Lorena, who he left behind, had a daughter whom she never told was Nico's.
21. Kassandra is talking quince dresses as Dani thinks about Bruno and wants to talk abut him but that is not happening.
22. Meli asks Kassandra if Vero is there. She needs help. Kassandra says she is the one who they need to be asking. for help. Vero is paid only to do cleaning. Meli has an assignment for school for the next day. She has to come dressed as a revolutionary Adelita. Kassandra wants to know why she left it for the last minute, Meli forgot. Vero volunteers to help but Kassandra shuts her down.
23. Facundo tells Nico that his daughter's name is Claudia and he leaves. Nico burst out of the confessional but Facundo is gone.
24. Romina tells Consuelo that she doesn't know what to do with her life. Consuelo says that she and Vero will take care of her. She can take her time. Aurelio is at the door.
25. Aurelio insists on talking to Romina. He knows she is there.
26. Kassandra cannot find anything for Meli to wear for her Adelita costume.
Meli keeps saying that Vero could help them which is something that Kassandra doesn't want to hear. She and her sisters don't need Vero, they have her.
27. Vero sees Vale's quince dress and talks about it with Dani as well as her own quince. Dani says Kassandra is being really good helping her . She is so sophisticated and has good taste. She has high hopes. Also, on the day of her quince, her parents are going to make their return! It will be the best gift ever.
28. Hugo goes racing.
29. Nayeli asks Vale why it looked like Hugo was consoling her. Vale explains that she has not been doing well for a while now. It is as if something inside of her doesn't fit. She thought if they allowed her to train, all of this would be solved but it didn't happen. She feels such anguish, such pain. Nayeli asks if it is a love problem. Nayeli says it seemed like there was something between her and Hugo. Vale makes it clear that Hugo is her best friend and is like her brother. (somebody better remind him of that) Nayeli asks if it is about Eleazar. Vale smiles and says in part. It hurts and it is hard to see him. Vale adds that it goes deeper than that. It is as if her past is incomplete. She always knew she was adopted but her greatest pain comes from knowing that her birth mother despised her as if she were nothing. Nayeli says it wasn't like that. . . Vale asks how does she know?
30. Nico asks God if he has a daughter. He asks the Virgin if he made that big of a mistake. Did he cause that much pain by going away? He thinks back to a conversation with Vero about her daughter where she asked him what would he do if he had a child and there was only one chance to be near them. He then thinks of Facundo telling him his daughter's name is Claudia. Nico admits he wasn't there for his child's first step, or for anything at all. He needs God to show him the way because he feels he has failed as a man and as HIS servant.
31. Joaquín calls Vero to see how things are going at the house. She says fine and mentions thatKassandra is busy working on a costume for Meli that she needs tomorrow and with Dani on her quince. Joaquín is pleased. Vero then gives him the bad news that Dani is expecting her parents to return on the day of her quince party. It will be their gift. Joaquín thought that was all a thing of the past. She did , too. He thanks her for being so attentive. She has such a big heart. He will think about how to handle the issue with Dani.
32. Bruno has brought a good meal from home for lunch that Consuelo made. He ends making some money for himself by selling it to Iván. It turns out that Romina isn't there to make change so he owes him 50 cents. Iván is ready to forgive the debt if Bruno gives him Romina's address to he can bring her some papers. Bruno smiles.
33.. Aurelio tells Romina she has to admit she is wrong. She cannot leave her husband. She has to go back. Romina cannot believe what he is saying. All she wants is for him to support her, to be on her side, since he is her father. She needs his support. He looks like she asked him to jump in front of a car. She is not doing well!!! She needs to be where she is and doesn't care if he agrees or doesn't.
34.. Nayeli tries to explain that there is no way to be sure but there are mothers who who give up their babies for reasons that they do not understand. Maybe she isn't with her because something really terrible happened. Vale thinks it is nice that Nayeli can think that way but in reality that woman forgot about her as if she never existed. Nayeli cannot change her mind. Vale says Nayeli has the best mother in the world "Consuelo" and all she is left with is an anger that sometimes doesn't let her breathe. Nayeli asks if she has ever thought of looking for her and confronting her. She has no interest.
35. Eleazar visits his father in his office. Facundo's phone rings. It is Mario. Facundo doesn't answer. Eleazar notices he looks nervous. Facundo says it is nothing. He has something for Eleazar: the name and number of Claudia's father but neither Claudia or Lorena should know it came from him.
36. Kassandra is working on Meli's costume and Vero offers to help.and let everyone think that Kassandra did it all. Kassandra turns her down. Joaquín comes home happy to see Kassandra working on the costume.He thanks her.
She adds, making sure Vero is in ear shot, that she thinks it is good practice for when they have a child of their own since he mentioned that is what he wanted. He looks uncomfortable and suggests she has Vero to help her. She refuses.
37. Nico is working out with his boxing bag when he gets a call. Eleazar asks if he is talking to Nicolás Arellano. Nico says it is him and asks who he is talking to. There is only silence
FIN
Kat, I find it easier to catch up *after* there’s been a little chitchat, so I know what to look for. You definitely don’t want to miss the grass blouse. And Cata’s boots were made for walkin’ when she left Ines sniveling on the floor in the dance studio.
Where are you in SC? I have a friend who just moved to Hartsville.
Jarifa, your descriptives tonight were especially sublime. Your noting Claudia was "scurrying like a gremlin" was perfect. I've no idea how you posted this so quickly but you captured it all and did so in fine fashion.
Nico received the shock of his life, cruelly delivered to boot. He looked as though he is in utter shock. Romina's face reflected pure pain, she is clearly devastated. How like Aurelio to impose HIS expectation that Romina patch up HER marriage. He is so sanctimonious and smug. I loathed Ivan eavesdropping and even worse bribing Bruno to give him Romina's address by lying to him. If he really cared about Romina, he would give her space to see if she and Marcos can work things out first. There was no mistaking the way Hugo was looking at Vale which Yaneli immediately picked up on. He is a fool. Vale spoke the truth in that she and Hugo are friends (her momentary wishing he were free aside) but as you sagely noted someone should remind Hugo of that!
What in heavens name is Kassie concocting for poor Meli?? All I see is lace and frilly rather cheap looking fabric. A disaster in the making.
I loved the beautiful yellow Gerber daisies.
Crazy eyed Claudia is going over the edge. Is a bunny boil on the horizon??
Jarifa, thank you so much.
Well, the Sofia Swap has been effected: let the games begin.
Vic has RealSofia squirreled away at some private clinic, where he’s apparently paid off Dr. Cuellar to convince her she has a dangerous virus and has to be kept in isolation. Not sure why Vic is allowed to be there, maybe because he’s a dangerous virus himself.
And Monique’s secret is out, thanks to a dropped handbag full of cheap makeup, a past-due tuition bill, and — gasp! — her true and very unfashionable address. That is one feral kitten.
Limon is back on the job, thanks to unspecified “allies,” and he’s so unpleasant to Marisol that I’ve stopped feeling sorry for him.
Cariño confesses to Solovino that she’s unrequitedly in love with Rulo, but of course he’s not talking.
Blue Lass, thanks for filling in some information . I couldn't figure out what the paper was that fell out of Monique's purse right before ReX was beating on her.
OH MY goodness,...where to begin ???? The pot is bubbling now .
Yes, the switch is made . yikes... Notsofia "wakes up" and smacks Barb a good one in the face . Even awful Gonzo is alarmed . Ari is giving her a suspicious look . Franco is confused...and has no idea what lies ahead for him ...fasten your seatbelt. Its going to. Be a bumpy ride..
Meanwhile ,Vic has The world on a string with Realsofia and crazy Notsofia both in his orbit. I thought that doctor gave him a very suspicious look when be was petting Realsofia and whispering sweet , scary stuff in her ears. What was be actually saying ...maybe " You are now mine ...all mine!!!"
Another happy camper ....Grecia ...who doesn't seem to understand that she has a tiger by the tail with crazy Notsofia .
What's with Bolera, living two lives ? Does he know that the twin switch has been made ? I am guessing that he doesn't know because Gonzo doesn't know . It seems that only Notsofia, Vic, and Grecia know that evil twin has changed places with good twin.
The previews looked very ...interesting . Respectfully submitted, Susan
Jarifa , thank you so much for a wonderful review of every detail . We are at the point where the story is going around and around with some new developments.
Diana , I agree with all your comments .
Does Ivan ever actually work at whatever his job is ? What is his job? I can't believe that he tricked a kid to get Romina's address!!! I am starting to like Olga more and Ivan less.
Kass ...I didn't mind the black cocktail dress with the white chiffon at top and bottom , but that tight beige dress made it look like she wasn't wearing anything !
I can't wait to see that messy mess that Kass is sewing for poor little Memo , who willbe taunted if she wears it to school .
Kass has zero mothering skills .
And poor Dani thinks her parents will return for her quince .
Fecundo is dsngerous and scary and vengeful to all around him . Susan
I live outside a small town (Honea Path) 45 minutes from Greenville and 20 minutes from Anderson which is in the northwest corner of the state.
Out Internet returned sometime overnight so I don't have to wait on Spectrum today. I don't love making extra trips to my daughter's. Already have over 100K miles on my car from all the trips I make to babysit!
Had to look up Hartsville. It's about 3 hours away so it doesn't make our local news.
Susan. You has me smiling away. I'm with you on liking Olga more than Ivan. Who would have thought that possible?? 🤔 😀
Poor dani. Would it be best to tell her there is no hope or let her continue to believe in miracles? I would say the latter hoping she will get to the first on her own.
Diana , these writers,.have the characters' personalities changing with each episode . ...good guys become bad guys...bad guys might be turning into good guys .
I am hoping that despite Kass, Dani will start that find a friend in Bruno , and they will help each other . Bruno looked smitten They might have a good influence of on each other since they are both struggling. Ill bet that Dani will want to invite Bruno to her quince, and Kasswill have a hissyfit.
Bruno is another family member Vero will have to hide from . I am wondering how and when someone will reveal Vero's true identity . Any guesses? Facundo? I am amazed that be hasn't told Kass. Susan
Susan, my feeling is that Facundo wants to increasingly keep Vero under His thumb. Kass is so vindictive he knows she will tell all immediately.
I never would have thought Yaneli would be the one who almost gave it away. I believe Vale is going to see or overhear something that gives her away. I think Vale will have a harder time forgiving her than Joaquin.
Terrific job, Jarifa. Great afternoon break catching up with your recap.
"I loathed Ivan eavesdropping and even worse bribing Bruno to give him Romina's address by lying to him. If he really cared about Romina, he would give her space to see if she and Marcos can work things out first. " -- Diana, ITA. I've been amused by Ivan but he is too pushy and spoiled and, in his way, as selfish as Marcos.
"Consuelo is at the shrine crying and apologizing to her late sister for what she feels for Aurelio but promising her she will not fail her. She has no right to." To me, what Consuelo really wants is for her sister to send her a sign that she has her blessing to be with Aurelio.
I thought Meli asked for a Mexican Revolution dress in green, white, and red. Kass seemed not to get this.
I got a kick out of the nasty Facundo "confession" telling poor Padre Nico about his own sin. Facundo had a devil smile. That scene reminded me of evil Fernando Escandon (Guillermo Garcia Cantu) misusing confession to bully the priest in Fuego en la Sangre.
Thanks Jarifa, I enjoyed your recap. Claudia “scurrying like a gremlin” was a great description of her going from tree to tree. I feel sorry for Nico. Not only for the way Facundo told him, we know he did it in a hateful way, but Claudia is a bit crazy. I don’t see a future for Diego and Majo, Claudia will make their lives miserable if she finds out about them. Actually she’s already making their lives miserable!
Kassandra is not going to be able to take Vero’s place. Dani was happy with her sister’s dress but apparently it’s not good enough for Dani, not sophisticated enough. I’m afraid she’s going to ruin the party for Dani. And the dress for Meli is not looking at all like the picture in the book. I wish Joaquin would end it with her, it’s so obvious he has no interest in her.
At least Vero is thinking about what Facundo said. I hope she takes that threat seriously. And I wish Nico would tell Vero about Facundo. Although I’m not sure he knows they’re dating. There’s too many people dating someone they don’t really want to be with.
I’m not liking Ivan at all lately. He needs to leave Romina alone. And Aurelio needs to step up and be a real father to her. I can’t believe he told her she needs to apologize to Marcos. And he keeps bringing up wanting to be a grandfather, I want her to tell him they can’t have kids and Marcos refuses to see a doctor!
I have to admit, I’m hoping Dani’s parents do show up! I’ll hold out hope as long as Dani does!
I’m not sure Bolero knows yet about the switcheroo — he was in the room with RealSofia when she collapsed, so I don’t think he heard the plot being hatched in Grecia’s evil apartment. Agreed, he is going to have to be quick on his feet (literally and figuratively) to keep playing both sides, especially if he’s going to protect Marisol and Mia as he promised.
Mia was adorable when she was teasing Rulo about all the recipes he could make with “limon.” Not sure what she was doing all alone in the Peralta-Avitia mansion, but I have much more pressing things to worry about.
Speaking of pressing, Vic was crooning to RealSofia how much he luuuurrrrved her while she was strapped down, drugged up and half-delirious with pain. So romantic. I think Dr. Cuellar was reacting more to the attitude than the content. He looked particularly deranged.
Monique told Rex she was going to kill her after Rex covered her with salsa verde, and Rex seemed to be taking the threat seriously.
Thanks for the updates, Blue Lass. I’ve been getting behind on this and then catch up. It was confusing before we had two Sofias! I had to replay the scene where notSofia slapped Barbie three times. I don’t think I ever saw the slap, it was so fast.
I don’t understand the character Bolera. He’s a good guy, and then with the bad guys. Although I’m not sure holding a gun to Ines makes him bad! Maybe he’s working undercover.
Catalina and Jason holding guns on Aramas and Ines was crazy. They just were told Rex is their daughter and decide life in prison is a choice. They need to get to know their daughter.
And now Monique is threatening to kill Rex. She already tried and failed once.
Liz, I don’t think ANYBODY saw that slap coming — especially Barbie!
I like the idea of Bolero working undercover. But then, the spoon.
Did we ever find out what was in that gift box Monique tried to give Rex? I thought at some point Monique thought-bubbled that it was a scary mask, but I may have hallucinated that myself.
Thanks, all for the great comments and observations.
Diana, "I loathed Ivan eavesdropping and even worse bribing Bruno to give him Romina's address by lying to him." He is truly something else. He would do well with leaving Romina alone and letting the chips fall where they may. Sorry to say but Bruno seems like what Iván might have been like as a kid.
Susan, "And poor Dani thinks her parents will return for her quince ." That was a real shocker for me. I though maybe she was letting the hope of her parents still being alive go little by little but it seems like it has just intensified under everyone's radar. What to do?
Niecie, "I thought Meli asked for a Mexican Revolution dress in green, white, and red. Kass seemed not to get this." It seems that if Meli wants Kassandra's help ( the only help available), it has to be on Kassandra's terms whether she likes it or not or if it is suitable or not. I felt sorry for Meli.
Liz, " I don’t see a future for Diego and Majo, Claudia will make their lives miserable if she finds out about them. Actually she’s already making their lives miserable!." Frankly, I do not see any way out for Diego and Majo. Claudia is unhinged and I think she could be dangerous. The time has also come for Vale to send her packing back to live at her own house. If she isn't getting along with Lorena, too bad. If Vale cannot do it, Joaquín should to protect Diego if nothing else.
Can't wait until tonight.
Blue Lass...did I miss a SPOON in this last episode??? I don't remember a spoon. Rex and Carlo were eating that street food with their hands.
Liz, The smack that awakening (not really) Notsofia gave Her darling Barb ( who real deal sofia is always hugging and kissing )was super speedy quick . i think I caught it because it was in the previews the night before .
I am pretty excited Because the possibilities of what happens next are limitless. Just wait until evil twin gets RealFranco alone . Remember those icky scenes of lizard love with icky Vic...smarmy squared . What? What ?How?
I hope that Bolero is working against the evil ones from the inside. (hmmm.. there are four people who know about Androm... Vic, Grecia, and cranky Ines )
Who will be the first to suspect that something is not right about Sofia.? Is Arimast the only one who knows about the twin or do other people know ?
Susan
Jarifa, , I'm starting to think That Claudia is a tragic figure who will not survive which will allow Majo and annoying Diego to have a HEA.
Will Nic leave the priesthood to give long suffering Lorena some happiness ?
I see Released with Vale , and Nayelli with Hugo after he realizes what a prize she is and begs her to forgive him .
Susan
Whoops ...hurrying ...Eleazer ....autocorrect prefers Released Susan , who forgets to proofread
Susan, great possible endings. It would not surprise me if Claudia didn’t make it. I could see Nayeli with Higo but think that she deserves somebody better. She has very been very mature and patient.
"Ive been amused by ivan but he's too pushy and spoiled" nailed it Niecie! He is incessant and obsessed.
Jarifa, loved your observation that Bruno might have been what Ivan was as a child 😆, so true!
Susan, there was no spoon in the last episode…but we believe Bolero has been known to wield the spoon, although we didn’t actually see him do so. If that is the case, he can’t be an undercover agent, is all I’m saying.
I think you listed all the people who know about Andromeda’s existence. Aramis has only a faint suspicion, but surely he’ll figure it out eventually…
Can't wait to see what happens tonight . Vic was positively vibrating with joy as he whispered to groggy Realsofia. And I can't wait to see Gonzo oblivious , dazed , and confused as things unfold ...... wheeeeeee Susan
<< Home
© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.


