Monday, August 10, 2026

TELEMUNDO Y MÁS (#1): El Señor de los Cielos, Lejos de ti, Golden Boy y Más: Week of August 10, 2026

Welcome to Page 1 (Monday edition) of the Telemundo y Más page, issued twice a week: Mondays and Thursdays at 8:00 PM.

Here are the current telenovelas (all times are Eastern Daylight Time):

9 -10PM El Señor de los Cielos 10 (final season)
10-11PM Lejos de ti (season 2)
Yali Capkini/Golden Boy

Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation. Since discussions of all the novelas share the same page, please remember to put the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post, so readers can easily find the conversations they're looking for.

By common agreement, this group DOES NOT discuss previews, trailers, or any other plot information not found in a current or past episode of the current production. Spoilers WILL be removed by the admin. This includes reference to earlier productions of the story, and even the original novel. Thanks for your cooperation!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
"SENOR10"
Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of this evening's episode.

*Slippery Mauricio gets more triggered by seeing Constanza talking to Dalila. David attempts to calm him down.

*Isidro shows an amazing picture of the late Nina in the presence of Felina, Consuelo, Rutila & Co.,

*In the meantime, Crazy Lucy is determined to prevent everyone else from figuring out she's the snitch.

*More scheming & plotting from Cifuentes & Alfaro: Fast Forward.

*Hothead Diana & Isturiz discussed something that I couldn't comprehend. I do think the aggressive nature of Aurelio coming onto Diana was creepy.

*Castillo receives detailed report & files on Gomez Labrador by Romina over at DEA Mexico Headquarters.
 

lejos

Wow. Setting up Sadakat for redemption? Although I agree that it was nice, and completely out of character, for Sadakat to care about Alya. I suppose the kidney donation helped? Looking forward to tonight!

And thanks for the recap and explanation of Sahin. Poor guy. But points to Fidan for standing up for her son and for Nate. Ecmel may regret going up against her.

K
 

OT eres mi luz and golden

I looked at this. Scenery is lovely. I might keep watching. The actress who plays Suna is in this as a rich girl who wants the galan. She is not the main actress. Just FYI.

Babachita
 

Lejos

Great recap of Friday Anastasia! You understand the ins and outs of all these fighting factions way better than I do! I rely on you to clarify.

I’m thinking about Cihan’s aneurysm. They said he had only a 50% of surviving kidney surgery due to it. And that with medical people monitoring his vitals. Well what about all these shoot-outs and running around? That surely sends his blood pressure sky high. That thing could burst at any moment.

Speaking of medical stuff - Kaya has detached retinas, a medical emergency. He needs to be in surgery right away, not a few days later. An eye specialist once gave me his card and said if my retina ever detached to call him directly before calling 911 so he could start for the hospital. He said every second counts because you can lose your vision. Also you’re supposed to lie very still and certainly not run around like Kaya is doing.

I look forward to your recap of yesterday’s episode!

Maggie
 

Lejos de Ti (Uzak Sehir)
Monday, August 10, 2026
S2, E20

Quick recap:

Sadakat was shot Friday in the shoulder, as Ecmel's henchmen attacked the mansion. The fight ended, and Dr. Yalcin removed the bullet at the mansion, because the mansion surroundings and town were still full of riled-up men.

The gendarmes arrived, due to the gun fighting. They were looking for Cihan, who had slipped away after defending Sadakat and Alya.

Vurgun matter-of-factly opened the cellar room to the gendarmes to show that Cihan was not hiding there. He showed them the comatose patient's (fake) ID.

Uncle Halis is with Kaya at the safe house. Halis sees that the gendarmes are coming. He sneaks Kaya out of the safe house and has Kaya run away, following verbal instructions, since he is still blind. Cihan and Muzaffir arrive back at the safe house. They go out into the surrounding fields to stay away from the gendarmes and find Kaya.

Back in town, the paisanos are not telling the police the truth about the gun fight, that it was instigated by Ecmel. Dr. Alya Albora goes to the town center, gets up on a soap box (or something), and gives a speech to all the men gathered. She scolds them for shooting at women (Sadakat and Alya), and reminds them that Cihan is a good man and leader. He would never start a fight with the gendarmes. They agree with her. She asks them to give statements to the police, to that effect (to help remove the fugitive status from Cihan and Kaya). The ladies who have been helped by Alya as an OBGyn ask the men to tell the truth. One of Cihan's men streams the speech and sends it to Cihan, who smiles to see it.

Cihan and Alya meet up out in the countryside. "For certain, now you are an authentic Albora." She says no, she is a mother, a doctor ... and his wife.

Sahin arrives back at his house, all beat up. Nare and Fidan see him in this state and start to help him. Sahin found out that Kaya is blind, and thinks it is all his fault for denouncing the shipment of Ecmel and Demir. He is very upset that he inadvertently betrayed Cihan and Kaya. Ecmel comes in and calls Sahin a traitor. Sahin calls Ecmel a fraud. Ecmel threatens Sahin. When Sahin is alone with Nare, he is very despondent and disillusioned because he believed his father. Sahin won't tell even Nare who beat him up. [Hamada's papa in Syria.]

Kaya has fallen down blindly into a deep hole while escaping the gendarmes. He hears voices - he doesn't know who. Demir is in the neighborhood, too, hunting Kaya. (He must have followed the gendarmes. Not much of a safe house if the gendarmes, etc. know about it.) Demir spots Cihan out looking for Kaya and tells the police which direction Cihan went. Kaya hears all of this from down in his hole. - End episode.

 

Lejos - Recap scheduling note

I will be gone next week Tuesday through Friday, August 18, 19, 20 & 21. My niece is getting married up in the St. Paul area. I will not be watching the show until the following week. I encourage others to do recaps if you want them timely. Thanks.


 

golden
#81 part 1

We left off with Seyran hanging up on Halis and he goes ballistic.

Ferit is in the gazebo with Abidin. Abi asks, are you saying that woman got what she wanted? What can I do, Ferit replies, that woman lied to her. I told her (Seyran)I hadn’t told her (Zerrin) anything, but… she didn’t believe me. Is the girl wrong, Abi answers, how else would she have found out?

Ferit doesn’t know. I don’t understand how she could have found out. However she learned, why am I the one to blame? I’ve been patient but Seyran’s been hard on me. She’s humiliated me so much. For a moment, out of anger… Abi jumps in—it’s normal she would think this. If it wasn’t you, how could she have found out? I don’t know, Ferit replies, I need to find out.

I don’t know either, Abi says, but you made a big mistake. Seyran might have made a mistake too, but what you did was unforgivable. Ferit explodes and kicks a chair. Abi, I’m telling you, I wasn’t going to hit her! Why don’t you understand? Abi grabs Ferit and tells him to calm down. Ferit pushes back. I’d rather break my hand than do that! Understand?

Abi pulls Ferit in for a hug and Ferit struggles against it. Stop! I told you I wasn’t going to hit her! I wasn’t going to do it! Why don’t you believe me? Why don’t you believe me? [is Ferit trying to convince himself or Abi?] Okay… Okay… Abi repeats. Ferit continues to fight, Damn it, I’m her husband! If only she had believed me once, none of this would have happened!

Abi holds on tight and finally gets Ferit to calm down. You have to calm down, okay? Control yourself. Go away for a few days if you have to. There’s a lot to think about. She wanted to separate, Ferit says, now I understand. This was just an excuse. If she wanted to break up, then why did she stop me at the airport? She shouldn’t have done that. She should have let me go. [but then we wouldn’t have had those juicy Seyfer kisses!]

Why would she have to, Abi says, the girl experienced one disappointment after another, and now her mother got involved in this. I’m sure she’s suffering, too. Ferit’s phone rings. Abi tells him to answer, it might be Seyran.

It’s Orhan. I’m sure he found out at the office, Ferit says. He answers. We hear Ferit’s side. I’m home. What did you say? She hung up on Grandpa? Really? Seyran? Ferit tries to keep it together. Okay, thanks Dad.

Ferit turns to Abi and shouts—uffff! That girl is an idiot! Abi agrees that’s bad. It’s so bad, Ferit answers, how will this girl look my grandfather in the face tonight? Abi asks, do you think she’ll come tonight? Of course, Ferit replies, grandpa called her. And Kazim Bey will force her to come. Why did she have to go? She’s going to be dragged back here!

Maybe you’re right, Abi replies, but Pelin’s mother got what she wanted. Now Seyran thinks you’re going to tell Pelin what happened between you. Ferit thinks… you know something, Pelin could have investigated Seyran. Did she ask you anything? No, Abi answers, but she knows I wouldn’t tell her even if she asked. Ferit asks, are you sure?

I think Abi is a bit insulted. What are you saying, he asks, of course I’m sure. If something like that happened, I would have told you. I wouldn’t hide anything from you. Ferit hugs Abi. Abi, you know what? You’re the only one I trust in this life. Please don’t betray my trust. Abi responds, you and I are brothers. Even if not by blood, but with a bond of the soul. You’re right, Ferit says, it’s exactly like that. We see Ifakat watching them from her window.

 

golden
#81 part 2

Kazim gives the doorbell a good ring. Suna answers and greets him. Kazim’s look is very dark. Where is your sister? In her room, Suna says. Kazim enters and Suna takes his coat. Suna starts, Dad, Seyran was right to come here this time. Please listen to her first. He heads to the living room. Esme greets him.

Given that I’ve arrived at this early hour, I don’t think I arrived very welcome, Kazim says. Hattuc answers, oh, Kazim, look what happened to us. We had no idea what sort of trap we fell into! Tell me aunt, Kazim asks, tell me. What sort of trap have we fallen into?

Suna goes to Seyran. She whispers, at least this time, he asked first. He didn’t start yelling right away. Seyran says, but when he finds out, he’ll get even more angry. Suna thinks he won’t make Seyran return. He defended you in front of them many times. He’ll do it again.

Seyran stares straight ahead. She notes, he’s defended us for years, many times. I hope this time he does it harder, and that Ferit sees it. Esme comes in and tells Seyran her father wants her. Suna asks if he’s really angry. He is, Esme answers, he’s furious, but I don’t know exactly who he’s angry at.

We get a close up of Kazim’s dark eyes and his fingers counting the beads on his tesbih. He’s looking out the window. Seyran walks into the living room with her mother and sister behind her. Seyran clears her throat. Dad? Without turning around, he tells Seyran, pack your things. You’re returning to the yali. You’ll kiss Halis Aġa’s hand. He turns. You’ll beg him. Seyran approaches him. Please Dad, don’t do this to me. She tries to kiss his hand and he pulls it away. You’ll go back to your husband, he tells her, pack your things and you’ll go back to your husband and kiss Halis Aġa’s hand. Don’t make me repeat myself. Bilesin.

Seyran stands silent for a few seconds and then states—I won’t return. Kazim delivers an Ottoman Slap and Seyran falls. Esme and Suna rush to her. Hattuc shouts, that’s enough! She’ll go back when she calms down.

Esme and Suna help Seyran to her feet. Kazim asks Seyran, your husband raised his hand to you? Now you’ll have to explain all the lies you’ve been telling me. Didn’t I ask you? Kazim approaches Seyran. Didn’t I ask you? He grabs her by the throat and pushes her against the wall and starts to choke her. Didn’t I ask you if your husband did anything wrong, you should tell me? Since you stayed silent then, you’ll stay silent now and sit like a lady in that yali!

Suna and Esme try to get Kazim to loosen his grip. You’ll kill her! He bellows--don’t interfere! I’ll kill you! He throws Suna and Esme to the floor. He lets go of Seyran and she falls. Kazim continues to rage. You’ve gotten too big for your boots! Just because you got all dressed up in Istanbul, did you think you were something special? I’ll make you pay for every one of your sins. If you don’t understand with words, I’ll go back to being the old Kazim since you miss the past!

Seyran gets up. Kazim tells her he’s taking her to the yali. Seyran catches her breath and answers, even if you drag me, I won’t go anywhere. Hattuc begs her to listen, don’t disobey your parents. Kazim starts to take off his belt. Suna begs him not to do this. Kazim turns to Hattuc. Well, well, look Auntie, it’s just like old times. She’ll understand with a beating! He snaps the belt.

Kazim grabs Seyran by the hair and takes her into the bedroom. He warns them not to interfere. The women shout. Don’t do it, Kazim! I beg you! You’ll leave bruises! Esme wails, this is my fault! I’m to blame! God help me! I caused this! Auntie, please do something!

 

golden
#81 part 3

Ferit enters the house and walks slowly upstairs. Ifakat is there to meet him. Can we talk, Ferit? They go to her room. She begins, when you were a boy and thought nobody could help you, you came to find me. And every time you did, I protected you. Did you ask me to come to talk about the past, he asks.

Yes, Ifakat smiles, and motions for him to sit. I want us to talk about how we lived before you knew that girl and her family. Just say it, yenge, Ferit replies, I’m not feeling well. I’m tired. Ferit, I think we made a terrible mistake, she says, we shouldn’t have forced this marriage. Seyran hasn’t been able to adapt to the family. If she really loved you, your marriage wouldn’t end over something so insignificant. [!]

Ferit says, this time it’s a little more serious than you think. Ifakat realizes that. But you also know she makes a scene about everything. How many girls do you think would die to be in her place? She should be a little grateful. As if she could be so happy in her father’s house. We know how Kazim Bey is.

Grandpa was too hard on Kazim Bey, Ferit notes, he found out about everything. He told him Seyran had to be here tonight. Didn’t my Dad call you? She says no. Ferit says they will deal with it tonight. Ifakat replies, you won’t deal with anything you don’t want to. Just think about it and decide. If you want to divorce, you can count on my support. I’ll be on your side, like I was when you were a kid.

I don’t know what to do, Ferit says, you know it wasn’t my choice to get married. When I thought it would work, something happened. When I thought everything was going well between us, she decided to leave. She leaves whenever she wants, she makes peace whenever she feels like it. What does she want? What is she thinking? What does she want to do? I don’t know anymore.

Ifakat says, forget Seyran. Just think about what you want. We thought when you got married, you’d be settled, but now we’re dealing with so many more things. I would understand it if you were happy. But if you’re happy for two days, unhappy for three, is it worth it? At least when you were with your ex-girlfriend, you were in a good mood and didn’t have these problems. If we had known, we wouldn’t have forced you to get married.

Ferit answers, If I had to decide, I wouldn’t have gotten married. You’re right, ifakat replies, that’s what I’m talking about. If you want to divorce, we won’t oppose it. You haven’t had children. That’s good. We just have to show Kazim Bey the way out. We could even make him testify in your favor in court. Ferit asks, how would that work? What would grandpa say? Ifakat says, leave it to me. I’ll remind him of the years of experience I have.

Ferit wonders. Why are you doing this? Why are you suddenly on my side? I’ve always been on the family’s side, Ifakat responds, Seyran was never able to be a part of our family. We were waiting for news of her pregnancy but that didn’t happen. Did anyone mention it once? No but we could all tell. Yes, Ifakat Yenge sees everything. You shouldn’t tell anyone about this, especially Abidin. He has his own problems.

What do you mean, Ferit asks. Ifakat says that’s not important. Ferit wants an answer. She replies, if Seyran returns here, he benefits. If Seyran leaves, Suna does, too. He knows that. Ferit asks, what does Suna have to do with this? Don’t you see what’s happening right in front of your eyes, she asks, and drops the bomb—Suna and Abidin are together.

Ferit can’t believe it. It’s impossible. Ifakat says she’s sure and that’s why she said it. I think your wife should know, but it’s clear you didn’t know anything. Now Ferit has that dark look. He silently leaves. Once again, Ifakat is pleased with herself.

 

golden
#81 part 4

Ferit heads to the garages and sees Abidin sitting outside looking at his phone. He glares at Abi. Abi sees him and says, Ferit? What happened? Didn’t I just send you off 5 minutes ago? What is it now? Scowling Ferit approaches Abi. Abi is concerned and asks again, what happened? Ferit asks, I what I heard true? You and Suna? Abi doesn’t answer and looks away. Ferit wants an answer. Say, “it’s not true, Ferit.”. Answer me!

Abi begins, Ferit… Ferit shouts—Ferit, what?! Answer me! Tell me you couldn’t be capable of doing something like this! Say you don’t have those lustful thoughts about my SIL! You can’t feel that way about my wife’s sister! We’ve always seen ourselves as brothers, Abidin! Abi manages to squeeze in that he loves Suna. He looks down.

Ferit goes crazy. Who do you love, Abi?! Ferit pushes him. Who do you love? Look at me, Look at me! Since when did this happen? How long has it been? Didn’t you just tell me a moment ago that you would hide nothing from me? Abi says, I was going to tell you, but I couldn’t. Why couldn’t you, Ferit shouts, we’re like brothers! You spoke about soul brothers. That’s what you said! But what would you know about blood ties or soul brothers? Answer me.

Abi has tears in his eyes. Shame on you, Ferit says, now I understand why no one in your family is here for you. Abi responds, Ferit, you’re speaking harshly. It’s unfair. I’m speaking harshly, Ferit nods, I’m unfair? You want to know what is unfair? Suna is naïve and stupid. It’s obvious she’d fall in love with anyone who shows her the slightest interest. Don’t you see, Abidin? It’s appalling that the man I called my brother approached my SIL and acted immorally.

Abidin snaps back—I told you I loved her! I’m in love with her! A tear falls. I’ll repeat this, I love her. And I’m not like you. I love her like a real man. I acted immorally? Do you know what immorality is? Kissing your SIL while she’s drunk. [remember drunk Suna kissed Ferit?] Ferit winds up, punches Abi and bloodies his lip. Abi just looks at him and Ferit walks away.

In the kitchen, the staff is busy preparing for iftar and Abidin comes dashing in. He makes a beeline to Sultan. Sultan! Didn’t I tell you to keep your mouth shut? He grabs her, throws her to the floor and starts choking her. Didn’t I tell you I’d kill you?! I told you to keep your mouth shut and you didn’t listen!

Everyone tries to pull Abi off Sultan. Carlos and Yusuf finally manage to get Abi up and drag him out as he continues to threaten Sultan. Fear me, Sultan! Fear me! I’ll kill you! This isn’t over! Watch out!

Once Abi is out, they help Sultan. She’s okay but very shaken. Sefika wonders why Abi would attack like that. She thanks Carlos and Yusuf for being there otherwise Sultan wouldn’t be saved. Yusuf wants to tell Latif right away. Sultan gasps, don’t get involved. I’ll talk to the madam (Ifakat) first. She needs to hear this from me. Sultan pulls herself together. Sefika tells her to calm down first.

Sultan whimpers in front of Ifakat. Ifakat tells her to calm down, relax. Thanks to this, we’ll get rid of both Latif Bey and Abidin. Sultan says that Latif didn’t see it happen and Halis wouldn’t be mad at him anyway. Maybe if this was the only thing, Ifakat replies, but he hasn’t found out about other things. The Aġa should know. Warn everyone, Latif shouldn’t find out about this. Halis Aġa will find out tonight. You can go. [Ifakat is having a great day.]

 

golden
#81 part 5

Suna applies ointment to Seyran’s welts. Suna sobs. Seyran has silent tears. Seyran turns around and hugs her sister. Don’t be sad. We believed in him like fools, Suna replies, we thought Dad would defend us. He obviously wasn’t going to change in two days. It doesn’t matter, Seyran says, I’m still here. I didn’t go anywhere. He couldn’t make me. What will happen now, Suna asks.

Seyran doesn’t know. Suna can’t believe Ferit could do what he did. All this time, we really didn’t know him. We knew it, Seyran replies, Ferit has always been like this. We just didn’t want to believe it. We only believed what we wanted. What should I do? I have no control over this. She holds her hand over her heart.

Kazim is on the phone. He mutters, just when I thought all the problems were over… whenever I think it’s fine, something always comes up. He’s not answering. Hattuc asks, and if he answers, what will you say? If he asks about Seyran? I’ll say she’s sick, Kazim answers, I’ll take her to his door tomorrow myself! What else can I say? Hattuc says, her back is full of bruises, and when he sees her, he’ll know what you did!

Ah, Auntie… that’s your niece, Kazim says, she asked for it. She drives me crazy! You saw it, she wouldn’t stop braying! Was I supposed to sit there listening? You’re driving me crazy! Okay, I lost control and hit her, he admits, but I should have dragged her by her hair back to the yali. Listen, she has until tomorrow to recover. She has to see reason and return, because if not, you’ll have to put some makeup on her. Don’t annoy me. You should pray I’m not a murderer.

Oh my God, do you hear yourself, Hattuc replies, Allah’im ya Rabbim… may those responsible get what they deserve from Allah. Kazim remarks, nobody caused any of this. If your brainless niece would have come to me on the first day and said, “Baba, this is how it is”, I would have destroyed him [Ferit] with my own hands!

Is that what you want, Hattuc asks, I’ll call Halis Aga. Kazim jumps up—hey! What are you saying? Halis won’t answer my call, but he’ll answer yours?! When he calms down, he’ll answer my call. Hattuc is ticked—do what you want then! When he comes home and sees that Seyran isn’t there, you’ll see how angry Halis Aġa gets.

Kazim snaps back, he should educate his own grandson first. His level of filth has surpassed mine! He surpassed me! [impossible.] Just when I thought he was perfect for me, a new scandal pops up. If that scoundrel raises his hand at her, I’d really like to shove that hand of his up a suitable spot on his body. Hattuc exclaims, tövbe, tövbe! Kazim mumbles, you’re making me lose my mind while I’m fasting.

Halis comes home and immediately asks Latif if Seyran is there. Latif says no, not yet. Orhan figured that because Kazim hasn’t stopped calling. Fuat quips, is he after something again? Halis shoots him a dirty look. Fuat apologizes, sorry grandpa, that just slipped out.

I still haven’t said the last word, Halis says, let’s not make this a topic of conversation. From now on, Latif, entry into this house without my knowledge is forbidden. They won’t be allowed through the front door. They won’t even be allowed through the garden gate. Did you hear me? Latif nods. It will be as you say, Aġam.

Dinnertime. Everyone is waiting for Halis at the table except Ferit. Gulgun notes he hasn’t left his room and doesn’t want to talk to anyone. He just wants to be alone. Asuman is on her phone. Orhan asks if anyone has talked to Seyran. I thought Kazim Bey would bring her, but was mistaken. Asuman says Seyran is not answering her phone.

 

golden
#81 part 6

Ferit enters. He says good evening. Why are you calling her without asking me first, Asuman? She wanted to leave here. And why did she leave, Asuman asks, did you do something? What’s it to you, Ferit replies. Gulgun says don’t start. This goes no further anyway because Halis comes to the table and he looks angry. He waits a few seconds before he signals everyone to sit. Halis picks up his glass. Afiyet olsun. May Allah accept our fasts. Amen.

Meanwhile, Esme prepares a tray to take to the girls in the bedroom. Kazim stops her—wait! Wait! He slaps the tray right out of her hands. The dishes fly across the room. You idiot! What did I say? Didn’t I say not a single morsel would pass down their throats?! I’m their father! Do they think they can treat me like an idiot in this house!

Hattuc snaps, that’s enough, Kazim! Sit down! You have no love or respect for your wife and daughters! But at least let them eat for iftar! It’s a sin! A sin! Have some fear of Allah! Kazim kicks a dish and sits. He decrees— only one date and some water. That’s it!

Esme stands there shaking, maybe from fear, maybe from anger. Hattuc tells Esme, go do it, girl. Esme goes. Kazim wonders if he should call Halis now since the fast has been broken. Should I call? Hattuc answers, don’t do it. It won’t help.

Kazim says, listen Aunt, Halis aġa said Seyran had to return to the yali before iftar. She should be at home. Look the man can speak softly, but he said if Seyran doesn’t return, I wouldn’t be allowed back at the company. I have to tell him a lie and say something for tomorrow. Do what you want, Hattuc says with some disgust. Kazim takes out his phone.

Halis starts his dinnertime speech. A family, with its strong foundation, must be able to stay united despite setbacks and difficulties. That means being grateful for the past and respecting the future. All families have certain values and rules that hold it together. If a person has family in their heart, they will uphold these values… and also follow the rules.

Halis asks, now, Ferit Efendi, tell me, where is your wife? Why isn’t she here at this table at the time she’s supposed to be? He bangs the table. Silence. I asked a question, Ferit. Why isn’t your wife here? Even after I personally called her. Why didn’t your wife do what I ordered her to do? Ferit answers, grandpa, we had an argument. Seyran misunderstood me. What did she misunderstand? Halis asks, tell us clearly so we know. Ferit hesitates, uh… um… during the argument, I… got angry for a moment and raised my hand.

 

golden
#81 part 7

Orhan shuts his eyes. Ifakat weighs in—what happened? He didn’t even hit her. Ferit quickly adds, I wasn’t going to, Grandpa, really. Ifakat notes, that girl has a habit of doing this. She looks for reasons to leave. What kind of spoiled behavior is this? Especially after you called.

Halis says that’s enough. Halis’ phone rings. Latif looks. It’s Kazim. Halis grunts and takes the phone. Kazim says, good evening, Aġam. Halis immediately responds, what did I tell you, Kazim? Kazim replies, I swear, listen, I swear, my daughter is feeling a little ill. We couldn’t bring ourselves to force her. I promise I will bring the girl to you myself tomorrow.

Why didn’t you bring her, Halis asks, we embraced your daughter as our own and welcomed her with open arms. What is this spoiled behavior? Oh my, Kazim answers, I don’t spoil her. Halis replies, or did you find the dowry too small for your daughter, Kazim? Go ahead, speak up! Do you want a new plot of land? Greedy Kazim. Speak clearly! Tell me!

Kazim answers, let me try to convince my daughter. Halis says, listen to me, Kazim. This is my final warning. Tell your daughter to listen to reason. Tell her nobody will cry for her in this house. [notice Ferit here.] Ah, and if anyone dares to cry for her, I swear, I’ll gouge his eyes out myself. Don’t worry. Halis hands the phone back to Latif while Kazim is talking.

Ferit has his head turned away from Halis. He’s starting to cry. Halis asks, did you hear me, Ferit? No crying or I’ll gouge your eyes out. Did you hear me? My grandson should never cry for any woman. I won’t allow it. He shouts—did you hear?

Ferit keeps his head turned away and his tears fall. Halis repeats, I asked if you heard me. Ferit wipes his face and looks at Halis.

And we are out.

 

Lejos

Once again you made everything clear for me
Anastasia! Thank you so much!!

We’re seeing some good acting lately. I liked how Alya delivered her speech. Also, remember when Sadakat was in jail and Ecmel came to see her? Up until then all we’d seen was her being a glaring statue. For that episode she did an amazing job with humiliated fury then later crying when Cihan came to visit her, then back to glaring when Alya showed up.

Funny: Demir when looking for Kaya “it’s as if the earth swallowed him up.” Yes, it did!

Quibbles: if Kaya is blind why is he looking skyward from the bottom of his hole? Why isn’t he feeling his way around the walls to see if there’s some opening?
The blood the makeup people use is way too red. It looks like the actors have finger paint on them.

Maggie
 

Lejos

K - I’m thinking when Sadakat was protective of Alya that it wasn’t so much out of character as it was showing us Sadakat’s evolving view of Alya. It’s the first time we’ve seen Alya scared. She has no experience shooting at people yet she tries before cowering. Sadakat’s maternal instincts may have kicked in. I bet this scene was to show us that Sadakat has begun to see her as family.

Maggie
 

golden

Thank you for 81, Dondi. I have to watch before I comment.

I’ll start on 82 for Thursday.

Babachita
 

lejos

Thank you, Anastasia for taking on the recapping. After we finish with KPA this weekend I can do recaps for the Friday episodes. Maybe I can also fill in a weekday here and there with a mini cap. We still have 32 eps to go on golden.

I have no faith in Sadakat, and I do not want her to be redeemed. She gets a free pass on her ish every time. She needs an anvil. She said she saved Alya because she didn’t want to be in debt. I believe that.

I lol’d when the villagers stormed the konak with garden tools. The cops show up and fire a shot in the air to calm the crowd. That’s the only thing these people understand.

Maggie, ITA about Kaya’s detached retinas.

The best character for me right now is Sahin.

 

OT lejos etc

I happened to catch a commercial last night I first saw during CM. It was during Lejos Monday night. It’s for Verizon. If you’re a long time tn fan, you might recognize three main actors from the original Betty la fea, a Colombian tn that started all the Betty stories. Just fyi!

Babachita
 

OT

I saw the ad Babachita! I recognized them. I think they’re doing a new show with those characters but I’m not 100% sure.

Maggie
 

lejos

I agree that Sadakat doesn’t deserve redemption. She shot at Alya, had her out in jail, kidnapped her son (by refusing to return him), make her every moment hell in the konak, murdered Mine, and did something I can’t remember to the good doctor from last season. It’s going to take more than one gunfight to redeem her.

Maybe she could sacrifice herself for someone, like Kaya. Poor guy is having a heck of a time. Blown up last season, blown up again and blinded now while stuck in hole this season. He needs a break. His mother going to prison so she can’t harass him anymore might be just what he needs.

The actor playing Sahin is very good. It’ll be interesting to see what he does against Ecmel who deserves to lose everyone.

K
 

golden

Episode 81 was a humdinger, Dondi! I was so unhappy watching Ifakat and Zerrin’s plot in play. Kazim went back to physically battering his daughter. Seyran is pretty tough and stood up to him. I was furious. Her mother and sister are unable to restrain him. Hattice sometimes has some power but not here. Poor Seyran!!!

Ifakat outed Abidin and Ferit didn’t support the man he called brother earlier. I guess it’s a classist thing. I guess he won’t help that couple.

Halis went on a rant about not crying for any woman while Ferit was crying for Seyran.

And Abidin went after Sultan. I was overjoyed. Ifakat wasn’t much help. Sultan should reconsider whose side she is on. Will Abidin leave? Suna needs someone to watch over her but he may not be able to.

I hope we get something positive in the next episode. This was a major downer.

Thank you, Dondi!

Babachita
 

OT lejos Betty

Maggie, that would be fun if they might bring some of the Betty cast for something new. We’ll have to keep our eyes out!

Babachita
 

"SENOR10"
Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.

*More scheming & plotting from Cifuentes & Alfaro: Fast Forward!

*Slippery Mauricio vandalized Constanza's apartment.

*Aurelio intimidates David by threatening to kill David's family members.

*Isturiz makes out with Romina. Gut feeling that this will end badly!

*That weakling security guard & his wife are super WEAKLINGS & I wouldn't be surprised if Cifuentes's spies are tracking them.

*Constanza tells Dalila & Castillo about Slippery Mauricio vandalizing her penthouse apartment.

Skinny brings Ismael's ashes to Rutila & Co.,

 

Lejos de Ti (Uzak Sehir)
August 11, 2026
Series 2, episode 1 - part 1
"Lazos de hermandad" - Bonds of bBrotherhood

Sorry this is late - the day got away from me.

Demir and Cihan are out in the countryside looking for Kaya, who has fallen into a hole. Kaya looks towards the sky because he can sense the heat of the sun (or possibly see enough to distinguish the light source - probably not with detached retinas). Yes, the show is anxious to get him his eye surgery as soon as possible, to repair his detached retinas.
Demir tells the gendarmes what way Cihan ran.

Nare and Alya discuss Sahin's physical and emotional injuries. (He looks suicidal to me, with his guilt for what he inadvertently did to Kaya.) Alya tells Nare to be strong for Sahin. (I would have added - give him support, but watch him like a hawk.)

Sadakat sits with Boran while she is healing from her bullet in the shoulder removal surgery. She is sitting without her head covering. Boran is family, so ok, but she is not bothering to put it on in front of Vurgun. She doesn't know tha Kaya is lost, and asks about scheduling his eye surgery.

The dogs and gendarmes are after Cihan, yet he stops to answer the radio call from Alya and Sadakat.

Demir goes back home. He has Zerrin locked up. Zerrin gets him to open the door, hits him on the head with something and leaves and takes a car. Zerrin goes to the countryside to find Kaya. (Unfortunately for her, she has somewhat dressy shoe on.)

Ipek calls Sadakat and says she will join the hunt for Kaya. Sadakat didn't know that Kaya was missing. Alya tells Cihan that Sada knows now, and they discuss the fact that if the surgery isnt done soon, Kaya could end up permanently blind.

Zerrin calls out and Kaya answers. She finds Kaya. Z gives Kaya a hand but can't pull him up. She falls down into the hole on top of him. Zerrin asks forgiveness for her father and Demir.

Demir, figuring out where Zerrin went, finds Kaya and Zerrin together in the hole. He aims his gun in front of Kaya. Zerrin stands in front of Kaya. So Demir says he will shoot him both, and then shoot himself. We see a hand with a gun appear at the back of Demir's head. The show goes to commercial.

If you guessed it was Cihan's hand and gun at Demir's head, you are correct. Muzaffir and IIRC Kadir help get Kaya and Zerrin out of the hole. Cihan gives Kaya the gun to kill Demir. Zerrin calls out "don't do it. You will lower yourself to his level". Cihan tells him to do it. Kaya doesn't shoot. Cihan takes back the gun. He doesn't shoot, but pushes Demir back in the hole.

Cihan is about to tell Kaya that Zerrin's baby is Kaya's when Ipek arrives. Ipek embraces blind Kaya. She wants to know why Zerrin is ther.



 

Lejos de Ti
August 11, 2026
S2, E21 - Part 2

Oops - the episode numbers get away from me when typing. Of course, the above entry was for S2, E21 - Part 1.

Zerrin goes back to Ecmel's house. Nare is there, wondering where Sahin is because he has left, even though he is in an injured state. Demir arrives! (I thought he had died of hitting his head at the bottom of the hole when Cihan pushed him in. Apparently, he was only knocked unconscious. Somebody pulled him out.) Zerrin says she will leave Demir. She says Demir broke the agreement not to harm Kaya when he aimed his gun at Kaya.

The show switches to show the Cihan group at another hideout at a property near a river. It's pretty. Alya and Sadakat come.

Ecmel has kidnapped the opthalmologist, and calls Cihan. It's looking like Kaya won't gt his eye surgery in time. Cihan has to go to rescue the doctor. He goes and captures Ecmel and makes Ecmel take him to where the doctor has been "stashed".

Sahin brought the 200,000 cash to Hamada's father in Syria. Hamada's papa tells Sahin that Ecmel assassinated Boran Albora.

Cihan takes Ecmel to where the doctor is, and using the encouragement of a gun, has the doctor untied. Cihan fights off two men: Ecmel and a henchman. (Cihan's new name: Superman.) Cihan asks Ecmel - "What kind of uncle are you to Kaya to injure him so he is blind?' The doctor and Cihan leave ahead of the gendarmes, who are on their trail.

Ecmel goes home. Fidan yells at Ecmel for kidnapping the doctor to worsen the chances that Kaya will have his eye surgery in time. Sahin comes home and confronts Ecmel on all Ecmel's sins. Sahin says he had believed in his father. Sahin says he got info from the kidnapper of Zerrin, Hamada's father. He has a copy of a video of Ecmel paying Boran's assasin to set up the car "accident".

Ecmel grabs at the phone. Sahin pulls a gun on Ecmel. Fidan pleads for mercy. Sahin shoots up in the air (or just points the gun up in the air?).
Sahin says he will denounce Ecmel.

Sahin drives out to the countryside and calls his wife Nare. Sahin wants to see Cihan and Kaya. Nare arranges it. After Sahin says he set things in motion inadvertently, Cihan and Kaya forgive him. Sadakat, of course, spews venom.

Sahin tells Cihan, Kaya, Nare and Sadakat that his father Ecmel gave the order to kill Boran. Sahin puts a gun to his own head in shame. Nare begs him not to kill himself. Cihan tries to grab the gun and succeeds in pulling it away from Sahin's head, but doesn't get the gun out of Sahin's hand. Sahin then shoots himself in the chest. - End episode.



 

"SENOR10"
Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of this evening's episode.

*Aurelio carves up Morales like a typical Thanksgiving turkey while threatening Cifuentes.

*Cifuentes looks somewhat ashen & disgusted after seeing the video.

*Hothead Diana engages in another hot sex orgy with Gullible David LOL. She is an out of control sex addict!

*Dalila & Castillo take Constanza back to her penthouse apartment, which looked a complete mess due to Slippery Mauricio vandalizing it.

*Something tells me Weakling Luis & his weakling wife are going to inadvertently do something stupid, which will attract Slippery Mauricio or Cifuentes's thugs to go after them or even go after Armando & his daughter.

*Cifuentes & Alfaro discussing the situation regarding Morales.
 

Lejos

Thank you Anastasia!

I sure was glad to see that beautiful river by the hideout. I mean, I do love the desert and the wide open spaces and heaven knows LA where I live is not lush. But I was getting parched looking at all those barren landscapes.

I have questions. We saw the video of Ecmel arranging with the assassin to set up a car accident. So who is the assassin?

Along the same lines: the bodyguard bashed someone’s face beyond recognition and told the authorities it was Boran. Who got bashed? He must be a local because his widow showed up. Who’s in the grave? Did they already tell us and i didn’t catch it?

Can Sahin survive a point-blank shot to the stomach? The next episode starts in a few minutes and maybe I’ll find out.

Maggie
 

Lejos - Maggie

IIRC Hamada was the assassin (not just an associate of the assassin) in Canada. Months later Alya saw him on n the street in Turkiye . Ecmel saw him too, and killed him to keep him quiet . - A plot hole - Alya recognized the assasin, having seen him in Canada, but was also unconscious after the accident so Vurgun had time to smash in his companion's face, and switch his clothes and ID with Boran, and spirit Boran away. Vurgun's victim did have a name. And they told us. I mentioned it somewhere in the old recaps.

Sahin did survive the shooting, but he is in bad shape. He damaged several organs. He had some surgery. He is intubated and unconscious. He will be touch-and-go for the next few days. Full recap coming tomorrow.

 

Lejos de Ti (Uzak Sehir)
Wednesday, August 12, 2026
Series 2, Episode 22 - Part 1
"La libertad tiene un precio" (Liberty has a price)

Sahin shoots himself in the chest, in front of the group, trying to commit suicide. He falls. Alya attempts to stop the bleeding and asks someone to call an ambulance. Sahin asks pardon from Nare.

The siren of the gendarmes is heard. Cihan and Kaya are urged to leave. Sahin tells them what Hamada's father told him: Than Ecmel ordered the assassination of Boran. Sahin has a video of Ecmel plotting with Hamada. Sahin gave it to the police, and some henchmen confessed to the story. Thus the gendarmes won't pursue Cihan. They just want Cihan's and everyone's statement.

The ambulance arrives to take Sahin. The military police press to get Cihan and Kaya's statements, but they tell the gendarmes that Kaya needs his surgery immediately, and he will give his statement afterwards. Sahin also needs surgery.

Fidan is distraught - she wonders if Sahin is okay. (She doesn't know where he is.) She calls Nare - Nare is too emotional tell her. Ecmel comes home and tells her that Cihan shot Sahin.

Fidan arrives at the hospital, followed by Ecmel and Demir. Ecmel, to carry his lie further, wants to remove Sahin from Cihan's hospital. Too late - Sahin is already in surgery. Ecmel doesn't realize that there are six+plus witnesses that saw Sahin shoot himself.

Fidan wants the truth. Sadakat gently tells her that Sahin shot himself. Ecmel insists that's not true. Cihan throws the fact in Ecmel's face that Ecmel was responsible for Boran's death and that Sahin had talked with the father of Hamada, the assassin. Cihan tells Ecmel that he will get revenge. Ecmel doesn't shut up. Insists over and over again that Cihan shot Sahin.

Emcel's family is disgusted with him. Zerrin, Fidan and even Demir. Ecmel had earlier blamed Boran's death on Nadim, Demir's father.

Alya and Cihan talk on their own. She tells Cihan to calm down because the police are watching all of them. (Waiting to take statements.) Alya makes sure Cihan is listening to her. Then they start flirting. They make good partners. Cihan realizes he has a helpmate.




 

Lejos de Ti
S2, Ep 22 - Part 2

Sahin's surgeon comes out to talk with the family. Sahin had damaged several organs with his shot - diaphragm, lung, stomache, liver. He is unconscious (or still under anesthesia) and he is intubated. It will take a few days, at least two, to know if he will pull through.

Sadakat keeps saying that Sahin is responsible for Kaya's injuries. (Sahin did report the shipment to the police, but he was set up by Ecmel and Demir.) Cihan grabs Sadakat to pull her aside to pound it into her head that Sahin is not responsible for Kaya's injuries. Ecmel is. Sadakat won't stop blaming Sahin and hurting Nare with her comments. Cihan is fed up past his ears with his mother. Alya says that Cihan has to remain strong and calm.

(Why wasn't Ecmel already arrested with the evidence Sahin brought to them?)

While most of the family is at the hospital, Vurgun comes upstairs to talk to Pakize and Deniz. Deniz wants to play hide-and-seek (there is a different name for the game in Spanish or Spanturkish).

Boran opens the door to his cave room! And walks out gingerly. His eyes are open, but he is not registering what he is seeing. A version of sleep walking.

Before playing hide-and-seek, Pakize asks Vurgun to close the cellar door. Vurgun sees the door is open and that Boran is gone. Boran is walking around the compound haltingly. Vurgun sees him from a distance and yells "Boran, halt!". Deniz hears and runs towards...what? (Commercial break.)

From a level above, and behind, Deniz sees Boran faint. He doesn't see Boran's face. Vurgun grabs Boran and Pakize grabs Deniz and they go to their respective rooms.

Back at the hospital, Kaya's surgery is said to have gone well. The bandages over his eyes won't come off until the next day. It's too soon to tell if the surgery worked and he will be able to see.

Cihan, Alya and Sadakat arrive home. Cihan is told that Dr. Yalcin is there. Cihan is pulled aside and told that Boran basically sleepwalked. Also that Deniz saw him, but only from behind, and it did not register with Deniz that was his father. Dr. Yalcin had some medical explanation for the sleepwalking. They decide that they are not going to tell Sadakat and the others. Boran is back in bed.

Sadakat walks into the cellar cave room and asks if there were any changes with Boran. - End episode.

Recap note: Lejos de Ti is being pre-empted tonight on Telemundo Wisconsin for the Green Bay Packers pre-season game in Spanish. And we personally are going back to the Wisconsin State Fair. So I won't be watching tonight's episode until sometime tomorrow. If anyone wants to jump in with a Thursday recap on the new Thursday (week part 2) blog page, I won't object.

 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder