Thursday, September 24, 2026
TELEMUNDO Y MÁS (#2): El Señor de los Cielos, Lejos de ti, Golden Boy, y más: Week of September 21, 2026
Here's Page 2 for the week. The current telenovelas are as follows (all times are Eastern Daylight Time):
9 -10PM El Señor de los Cielos 10 (final season)
10-11PM Lejos de ti (season 2)
Yali Capkini/Golden Boy
Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation. Since discussions of all the novelas share the same page, please remember to put the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post, so readers can easily find the conversations they're looking for.
By common agreement, this group DOES NOT discuss previews, trailers, or any other plot information not found in a current or past episode of the current production. Spoilers WILL be removed by the admin. This includes reference to earlier productions of the story, and even the original novel. Thanks for your cooperation!
Labels: golden, lejos, senor10, telemundo
Thursday September 24
Part I
Rewind: At the farm, Alya says they need to give each other space, they are just hurting each other. Cihan stares, leaves reluctantly, and outside tells the guys to watch over her. Alya looks sad with a little mad mixed in.
Cihan is at his office and asks a lady there to bring him some tea. She does, he fumbles is, breaking the glass and burning himself. Erol comes in and asks if everything is okay. Cihan says fine, and throws another glass, shattering it.
At Zerrin’s house the driver is about to take her to school, but Kaya arrives and says he’ll take her. She tells him he shouldn’t have come. Why? he says. We belong to each other. Everybody knows it.
Alya is in her office at work. Nare comes in and tells her she shouldn’t be working. Alya says she has a surgery. Alya says she asked Cihan for a little break. He’s hurting but they need to calm down. Nare says you’re both under a lot of pressure. Give it time, I know you’ll get back together. Alya is grateful.
Cihan is sitting in a chair in his office and glowering. Erol comes in and asks him how he is. He answers his own question: Not so good. I’ll come back in an hour. Cihan wants to know how the meeting went. Erol reports that a regular customer doesn’t want to order from them. Also, Hasan is in the hospital.
Outside the university Ipek sees Kaya holding hands with Zerrin. Kaya tells Zerrin he’s sorry he raised his voice. You are my priority. He drives off and Zerrin goes over to the table by the coffee truck where Ipek has been sitting and watching and asks if she can sit with her. You still love Kaya, Zerrin says. I will do everything I can so you two can get back together, says Zerrin. But Kaya picked you, Ipek protests. Zerrin: I can’t do it alone; you have to help.
Ipek calls Demir with this surprising news. He gloats. Congratulations! Ipek says but Zerrin had tears in her eyes when she said that. What are you threatening her with? None of your beeswax, says Demir. Enjoy!
Ecmel, who apparently lives in his car, is outside the hospital. I guess he was trailing Fidan. He sees her go in and gets out and follows her. She’s visiting Hasan, who can’t talk and just looks at her goggle-eyed, alarmed. She takes his hand and begs him not to bring charges. Sadakat will make my life miserable.
Just then Ecmel comes in and sees her holding Hasan’s hand and goes berserk . He lunges for Hasan, but she blocks him. They struggle. Nare comes in, then security, who tote him off.
Outside, Ecmel rants at her that he saw her holding hands with his worst enemy. She’s a married woman! Has she no shame? She yells that he’d be glad if she died, but she’s sure not going to give him the satisfaction. Yalcin is approaching and thinks fast. He tells Ecmel Fidan is his patient; she’s come for an exam. Something with her intestines. This works.
Ciihan comes to see Hasan, and Alya is already there in his hospital room. She leaves. They both look sad. Cihan strokes Hassan’s head. Yalcin says he will recover.
Part II
Alya goes back to her office to find Cihan in her chair. She says she leaves her personal self outside the door of the hospital and just turns into the doctor, but once outside it all follows her. Cihan tells her her patients are in good hands. Me too. He says tonight is Deniz’s visit with Boran at the konak and he’ll take them.
Alya: We both knew it wouldn’t be easy. Cihan: It just needs to be real. If our love is real, that’s all that matters.
Sadakat and Boran in the konak living room. He asks how she got the video. Sadakat: The night we were going to the border I saw it in Alya’s purse. I switched them out. Boran wants to know if she still has it and she says she erased it.
Why can’t you be satisfied? she asks, exasperated. Now Alya can’t divorce you. If you’re patient you’ll get what you want. Don’t put on a scene.
At the farm. Cihan asks Deniz if he forgives him for this morning. Sure, says Deniz. Alya comes in and Deniz, who rarely notices anything, has noticed they’re not really talking. Say good evening, he says. They do. He tells Cihan to ask her how her day was. They both make fake talk, smiling, then leave for the konak.
It’s another silent dinner. Deniz asks why nobody is talking (pretty much the norm, why does it catch his attention this time?) He says my mama and papa are mad. We can see Boran is pleased. Kaya tells Deniz everything is so good, they’re all just focused on the food. Boran tells Deniz he got him a new toy. Alya looks crabby.
In the kitchen, Pazike shows her mom the dreamcatcher and explains how it works. Her mom says Muzaffer will pitch a fit if he sees that.
Boran is in Deniz’s room with him and while Deniz fiddles with the game, Boran remembers the judge’s saying the video was blank and also remembers Cihan and Alya are mad at each other. Is that a small smile playing on his lips? Hard to tell, but I think so.
Downstairs, Sadakat, Alya, Cihan and Kaya are talking. Alya asserts that yes, she will divorce, and asks Sadakat why she said what she did. Sadakat says I saw the frustration in your face. You didn’t want to lose your child. I’m a mother too. If the judge doesn’t see the video he won’t grant the divorce. She should have fled over the border. Cihan: No, I won’t permit it.
Are we astonished to see that Boran has been eavesdropping just behind a corner? No, we are exacting TN veterans and don’t expect any less. In fact, a scene with nobody lurking seems almost incomplete. Sadakat asks if Alya still has the video. And what does she plan for the next hearing? To give him another blank? Boran charges in and says to Alya You’re the one who wiped the video!
Boran is thrilled Alya doesn’t want to divorce him. Alya: I don’t love you. I don’t even like you. Everything I do is for my son. Boran doesn’t believe her. Deniz comes in, so everybody clams up.
Sadkat to Boran: I told you not to make a scene. He says he won’t forget her deception.
Part III
Nare is at home working away on her computer. Sahin comes in and asks if Yelcin gave her homework. He wants her to leave work early tomorrow. He’s unhappy and asks her does she remember what day tomorrow is. She guesses maybe their anniversary? Nope. Then she remembers – it’s valentine’s Day! She throws her arms around him and apologizes profusely.
Alya and Cihan bring Deniz back to the farm. Cihan: Now I know you erased the video. If anything happens call me. Good night. He hesitates, then leaves. The song starts up. Pazike is putting Deniz to bed. Alya cuddles beside him.
At the office, Cihan is out on the big patio staring out over the city. Erol tells him to come inside. Foreshadowing: Cihan coughs a few tiny coughs. In the office, Erol tells Cihan he was out there too long, An hour! He was afraid he’d freeze. There’s a problem with some shipment. Cihan says he’ll take care of it. Eron says no need, our guys can. But Cihan insists he’ll take care of it. Erol is worried he’s sick, and tries to feel Cihan’s forehead. Cihan shies away.
In her bedroom at the farm, Alya dials Cihan, but it goes to tape.
It’s morning. Muzaffer is awakened by a few feathers on his face. He sees the dreamcatcher and pitches a fit. Ummu tries to explain it but he tears it down and stomps on it. He says he had nightmares all night. Kadir calls and gets an earful. Muzaffer tells him he wouldn’t give his blessing even if Kadir was the last man on earth.
Alya awakes. A call from Boran comes in but she doesn’t pick up. Boran says to himself You can’t escape. Later he appears at the hospital wanting to talk to Alya. He wishes her happy Valentine’s Day. She tells him to leave. Nare comes up and says Leave her alone. Boran says the next hearing is coming up and he knows she deleted the video. What does she plan to do?
Maggie
*Rutila & Isidro arrive at the DEA Mexico Headquarters & things escalate badly when DEA agents rough up Isidro by jumping to overblown proportions.
*Aurelio escalating his thirst for power 24/7.
*Felina & JP both at the hospital.
*Dalila speaking with Constanza over something that I couldn't comprehend.
*Sex-crazed Sex Addicts Hothead Diana & Gullible David LOL.
*Isidro is driven away from DEA Mexico Headquarters to undisclosed location. I don't think Aurelio is going to be thrilled when he finds out.
Loved your recap, Maggie. I was nodding away at your asides while reading.
Maybe someone else mentioned this already, but we have two women, Alya and Zerrin, pushing away the man they love for the sake of a kiddo. One is bad enough, writers!
Can't remember seeing this description in a recap before, but perfect: Cihan glowering.
I always enjoy Ipek being sad. After all, it's her fault for alerting Demir to Zerrin's whereabouts that caused the premature birth. And people who don't ever give up on a person who clearly doesn't love them drive me nuts. At least she had the decency to confront Demir about Zerrin's sadness.
Ha! "Ecmel who apparently lives in his car". I suspect Fidan wishes he did. I suppose Ecmel is not the first TN or dizi dog in the manger. He daily wipes his feet on Fidan, but God forbid she might have another man.
I'm enjoying Sadakat not 100% putting up with Boran's BS. When he first came out of the coma, he could do no wrong.
Both dizis that I'm watching feature the same hierarchy thing that bothers me. While the protags eat their meals, the staff stand at attention the whole time. Couldn't they just serve and go back to the kitchen for some gossip and then come back to clear up?
I especially enjoyed your remark about being a veteran. I'm one too. Decades of plot turns happening because of eavesdropping is SUCH a familiar thing.
I had forgotten that perhaps Cihan is coming down with something. Alya treating him for pneumonia while Boran glares?
I'm finding it implausible that Boran keeps thinking he can get Alya back. His behavior has caused her to really despise him.
Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.
*Rutila lets Aurelio know about sending Isidro to Castillo & DEA. Let's just say Aurelio is pissed off.
*Romina: You're on borrowed time & either Isturiz kills you or Hothead Diana will kill you.
*Dalila meets with Constanza & the Special Assistant at Metropolitan Police Department Headquarters.
*Felina & JP: Both of you are also on borrowed time as well.
*Consuelo is going to Consuelo: Great job with the computer hacking stuff & other stuff.
*Cifuentes & Alfaro getting some paramilitary units in the war against Los Casillas.
Sorry, I fell behind on watching and I’m just catching up so I can do my Friday recap. I hope to post late today or early tomorrow. A nor’easter is blowing through, so no outside errands. Fingers crossed the power stays on.
Thank you, Anastasia and Maggie, for very helpful and delightful recaps. There were edits. I could probably write an episode length recap about them all. These were the ones that interested me most.
What have they got against Fidan? They like to edit her scenes, just like the staff. I think she’s great. Hasan woke up after the accident and there was a brief conversation while Fidan got him on his feet. He was able to speak. He seemed okay, a bit shaken, but then he just stared at her and fainted. They did not show how she got him in the car.
The Fidan – Hasan scenes were good. Maybe they can get rid of Ecmel and hook up Fidan and Hasan! Lol. Poor Hasan is under big sister’s thumb. I liked the possibility he would get together with Alya’s mom, but they literally killed that. Let Hasan have a story.
There was more after Yalcin came to Fidan’s rescue. Fidan latches on to him out of gratitude, repeatedly calling him “Khidr”. Quick explanation: in the Quran, Khdir is a righteous servant of Allah. Sort of like a guardian angel who helps those in trouble. There’s more to Khidr, look it up if you’re interested. Of course, Sahin walks in on this and is exasperated that once again Yalcin is with Nare and now his mother is hugging him.
That evening, Ecmel returns home and finds Fidan snacking and watching TV. She looks nice with her hair down. He tells her he found out that Hasan was hit by a car. She admits she hit him. He can’t believe it. He asks, what did the doctor say? She snaps at him thinking he’s asking about Hasan. No, it turns out he’s asking about her condition, since he thought she was ill. She blames it on him. Calls it a sickness from worry. She leaves him there, muttering to himself.
They edited more kitchen scenes. Basically, Muzzafer gets mad at Kadir and throws fruit at him and chases him out of the kitchen. This is going to get tiring.
Song when Alya cuddled next to Deniz and Cihan stood out in the cold: Söyle/Tell Me - Ahmet Kaya
YouTube with CCs available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI2UWHnjs10
Anastasia, I appreciate your confession that you like the Spanish song. It just seems so out of place in this dizi. And they play it so often. Maybe if they just played an instrumental version, it would be less jarring. The original songs give so much more meaning to the story.
novelera: “These Turkish dizi writers seem to burn the midnight oil thinking up ways to keep people who love each other apart.” When you have 30 or more episodes of 2 hours plus in a season, they have to do this. The ratings stayed high in Türkiye in the second season and the show is selling well internationally. It’s tricky though. Maggie’s comment: “I think now the shark has been officially jumped.” I fear we are headed down a bad path as viewers. Sometimes less is more, but the production companies want to squeeze every last drop they can get out of a series.
Golden Boy – Yali Capkini – Poder y traicion
Episode 92 #1 of 9
“Unsettled waters”
Brief recap of Pelin talking to Zerrin about what she should do with Ferit who has passed out in her bed drunk. Zerrin encourages her so make it looks like something happened, since he won’t remember. Pelin looks skeptical, but when she goes to join him in the bed, she finds he has locked the door. She calls out to him, but he is lying on the bed and calls out for Seyran: Stupid, where are you, Antep girl? How can you sleep alone in your bed? There was no reason for you to react like that. We didn’t need to get to this point.
Pelin, hearing this, looks dejected and sinks to the floor outside the locked door.
Ferit continues: But you’ll see you were wrong. You’ll see, Seyran. You’ll see, Pistachio.
Orhan enters the yali the next morning.
Gulgun, elegantly disheveled, calls out: Orhan! Oh, thanks to Allah. Are you OK?
Orhan: Yes. Could you sleep at all?
Gulgun: No, I couldn’t sleep at all. I spent all night waiting for you to come back.
Orhan, starting up the stairs: You shouldn’t have waited.
Gulgun: Orhan, I don’t want you to start up the habit of not sleeping at home again.
Orhan just stares down at her from a stair step: If you’re making a suggestion, then I fear I can’t promise it won’t happen again. Is Ferit here?
Gulgun: No. Abidin sent me a text. He stayed at Pelin’s house.
This stops Orhan, who hits out at the staircase before entering his room.
Gulgun follows: You son’s not at home, and you’re like this? What’s going to happen to us, Orhan?
Orhan, tossing his jacket on the sofa: Whatever needs to happen will happen, Gulgun. I don’t want to worry about what will happen anymore. I’ve lived that way all my life and I’m sick of it! Let whatever needs to happen happen.
At the Sanli home, Esme has prepared a meal that looks like breakfast. She sets two places. The doorbell rings. She opens the door and finds several henchies with flowers and gift boxes. [Not a sight you see every day!]. She is told they are for Suna and Seyran. She exclaims that it looks like too many flowers. They tell her there are more downstairs that they will bring up. She invites them in. As they enter, Esme is overwhelmed. They put the gifts on the coffee table and head down for the rest. Seyran and Suna come out in their pajamas and see them leave. Esme tells them the gifts are for them. The sisters look at each other. Seyran, blunt as always: It’s all garbage.
Ferit stumbles out of Pelin’s room, the worse for wear. Pelin cheerfully greets him and tells him breakfast is nearly ready. Ferit looks for his coat in the closet, telling her he is not hungry.
He tells her he feels weird and will take a shower and leave. Pelin agrees. She tells him his things are in the bathroom along with a robe and toothbrush. He shuts the door before she finishes talking. Pelin’s expression shows that she knows this isn’t going well. She knows what Zerrin is expecting her to do, but it’s obvious that she won’t be able to do it.
Back at the Sanli’s, Hattice is looking at all the presents with Esme. She calls out for Suna, who comes to them from the kitchen. Hattice asks her to sit down on the sofa by her.
Hattice: Listen to me. I know you. I can see that you don’t like this young man but look at these flowers and gifts. If you think about it, you could live very well. You’re not thinking clearly. You could control it with a smile. Then, you’ll become the new bride of that house.
Babachita
Episode 92 #2 of 9
Hattice, continued: Don’t be like your sister. Don’t be rude to your fiancée. Be grateful. Use your head. Learn from what just happened. [This attitude fits the arranged marriage plan where what matters is the material wealth offered. This would give the bride power, my favorite word. But there is no consideration at all of love or even compatability.]
Kazim joins them and exclaims at the gifts. Hattice tells him they are from the grooms for the girls. Kazim is impressed and says: What joy, what joy!
Esme offers him tea. He tells her no, he woke up without a need for anything, thanks to Esme. [An interesting, perhaps suggestive, comment!] The good thing is I’m going to see the lawyer. Now we know why he is all dressed up since Zerrin must be part of his plans today. But he relents and says he will take a coffee. Esme, looking daggers, goes to get his coffee. He makes a comment about her grim expression.
Kazim asks Hattice if his collar is right. She tells him yes. He sits and smells one bouquet. [I can’t help hoping he is allergic or that a bee might be hiding in the bouquet!] He says it smells like spring.
Back at Pelin’s, she finishes preparing breakfast when Ferit stumbles out from his bath all dressed and tells her he is leaving. She asks him to stay at least for some coffee. He tells her he is not hungry, but thanks.
Pelin: Are you kidding? Don’t treat me as if I were your enemy. Look, I spent all morning preparing this meal so we could have breakfast. You could at least be grateful.
Ferit: I already told you I am. Don’t pressure me. I don’t need this.
Pelin tries to stop him.
Ferit: What do you want? What are you looking for? Do you think I stayed over drunk to have something with you? Do you think I’d leave Seyran to marry you later?
Pelin: Listen, I’m not thinking about that at all.
Ferit: Good. I suppose I was just imagining that my aunt and your mom are conspiring and can see how dumb I look. [It looks like he has figured out what’s really going on. Ferit is very smart!] Do you think I’m an idiot?
Pelin: Ferit, I’m not involved. [liar, liar…] Understand I’m acting of my own accord.
Ferit makes a little pouty face: Does that mean poor, innocent Pelin only watches from outside and can’t do anything? What do you want? I don’t believe you anymore, understand. Don’t lie to me. Understand that neither your mom nor my aunt, even if they are working with everyone, will make me want to marry you. I won’t marry you, Pelin! Capiche? So, stop trying to harass me! Go live your own life instead, OK? Eat by yourself.
Ferit leaves. As he stumbles out of the building, he finds loyal Abidin waiting.
Abidin: What happened?
Ferit: Do you want to know? It’s all a disaster, isn’t it obvious? Why did you bring me here? Abidin: You insisted. It would have been worse to take you home.
Ferit: And all you could think of was to take me to sleep at Pelin’s house?
Abidin: You said you didn’t want to sleep in your bed. What should I have done?
Ferit: Not do anything. Your head’s so off, you don’t understand. Let’s go. Haven’t you learned? Never believe me when I’m drunk.
At the Sanli home, Kazim is drinking his coffee. He is licking his forefinger, which seems creepy but might be OK in Turkiye. He keeps staring at Hattice, who has a worried expression. He asks her what’s bothering her. He asks why the girls haven’t opened their gifts. Are they scared or embarrassed? Hattice tells him they haven’t opened them because Kazim hasn’t told them to yet.
Hattice: They always mess up in front of you.
He keeps licking his forefinger, when the doorbell rings.
Babachita
Episode 92 #3 of 9
Esme answers it and finds both Saffet Junior and Tarik. She greets them warmly and shows them to the living room. Junior gives her the kiss of respect and says he can call her “Mother” now.
Esme: That’s alright, son, if that’s what you want.
Tarik doesn’t greet her but looks to the living room and calls a greeting to Kazim. Kazim then, like a well-trained monkey, runs to greet them. Junior also gives Kazim the kiss of respect. Esme says she will get the girls. Kazim tells them to join his aunt in the living room, but that he has to go out to do something urgent. Tarik tells Junior to go with Ms. Hattuc and that he will catch up. He pulls Kazim aside, telling him they have something to discuss.
Kazim: Tell me, son.
Tarik: I’ll remind you that we saw that chauffeur and Suna in the parking garage the other night.
(Kazim makes a seriously angry face.) Maybe he wanted to bring his master news about Seyran, because what else would Suna be doing with that driver? Listen, Kazim, my family is very apprehensive. You have to warn your daughter.
Kazim: Are you sure you saw that? With the chauffeur?
Tarik: Listen to me well. If it weren’t like that, if I didn’t know, I wouldn’t be talking to you about this.
Kazim is impactado and looks unsure of what to do. He finally tells Tarik that he will warn her as he should. [Oh great, more of abusive Kazim.]
Tarik: Very well, but don’t be so hard on her. If not, she’ll blame us and be resentful.
Kazim: That won’t happen. She still has time here, in her father’s house, so don’t worry. I’ll talk to her seriously, with the language she’s always understood. [!!!]
There’s a pause, while these two stare at one another, and then Kazim looks at his phone and says he has to leave because he will be meeting with a lawyer to fix Seyran’s issue. He tells him this is good and Esme will serve all of them.
Esme brings Kazim’s coat and the girls join them. Tarik is pleased to see Seyran while Kazim looks daggers at Suna. He glowers at all of them, leaving no doubt of how their evening will go later. Esme shows Kazim out while Tarik joins his brother in the living room. Tarik gives Hattice the kiss of respect and she welcomes him vocally while looking like she’d actually like him to drop dead. [Actually, it’s hard to tell with Hattice because her expression usually looks this way!]
Saffet Junior tells them they will have a good day! He’s all excited.
Esme looks at the gifts, still unopened, and then at her daughters.
Ferit and Abidin are in the G-Wagon, driving into the yali. Abidin asks if Ferit can handle the situation with Sultan. He replies that he has nothing to worry about, that he already handled it. He gets out and tells Abidin he’ll see him later. As Carlos opens the door for Ferit, Gulgun runs to him.
Gulgun, anxiously: Where were you?
Ferit: I told you I didn’t want to be questioned anymore. No more questions: “Where were you, Were you drinking, With whom, You should have told us.” Enough! I don’t want you to bother me.
Ifakat looks up from her book with a sly smile.
Ferit continues: Don’t bother me. Stop interfering in my life, understood?
Gulgun: Do you think staying with Pelin will fix anything?
Ferit: Why do you care? What does it matter? It’s all in vain. I won’t answer.
Gulgun: Ferit, don’t you understand that no one in this house slept last night? Look, I beg you to stop acting like a spoiled kid who does whatever he wants.
Babachita
Episode 92 #4 of 9
He looks at Ifakat, enjoying this argument: Oh, poor Mom. No one slept last night? (He raises his voice and speaks in Ifakat’s direction so she’ll hear.) Do you feel this bad for everyone else? Do you feel bad for Seyran like when grandfather brought her and made her a prisoner? Where was that mother-in-law? “Oh, Daughter, my daughter, you’re part of our family!” What happened? Why did you give up so easily?
Gulgun: Did you give up when you slept over at Pelin’s house last night? I want you to avoid me and stop hurting everyone to get even.
Ferit: Just like you did once. Do you remember how you got even? How quickly you forget.
Gulgun has no reply and Ferit heads to his room. Ifakat is pleased.
Ifakat: Ahh, sometimes it would seem you’re not that boy’s real mother. I just don’t understand why you act surprised.
Gulgun: Do you always have to be so rude, Ifakat? Respect me.
Ifakat: I’m just saying it because if you really knew him, you wouldn’t question him when he’s feeling like that. Look at me. I didn’t say anything because I know him better than you.
Gulgun: Hmmph.
At the Sanli’s, Seyran and Suna enter the hall where Junior and Tarik are waiting for them. Esme tells them to have a wonderful time. The couples leave. Junior asks if they liked the gifts. He tells them they haven’t said anything. Suna says thanks. Seyran says they haven’t opened them. Tarik asks why.
Seyran: Because my sister and I can’t be bought that way.
Tarik: Then, what do you like?
FLASHBACK: Seyran: I’m not attracted by looks, or your name. I don’t care about that.
Ferit smiles and looks out the window of the G-Wagon.
Seyran: People’s character is what attracts me.
Seyran: Do you know what I feel when I see you?
Ferit: What do you feel?
Seyran, answers Tarik: Nothing.
The elevator arrives. They get out at the parking garage. Tarik calls out: Seyran. Junior, go to the auto.
Seyran nods to Suna, so she goes to the auto with Junior.
Tarik: Listen, I was an idiot when we met. I know it was uncomfortable. I understand, really. I assure you that it’s the most discomfort I’ll make you feel. It was just a mistake. I just felt confused. I didn’t know how to react when I saw your face. Seyran, if I messed up that way, it’s because my eyes couldn’t believe what they saw.
Seyran: It’s not just about what your eyes can see, but what’s behind.
Tarik: Seyran, relax a little. It’s fine. I’ve told you my truth. You’ve just impressed me. Your father and my grandfather agreed to certain things, but I won’t force you to anything. It’s your decision.
Seyran: Do I look like I agree with them?
Seyran walks toward the vehicle. Suna gets in and Junior tries to help her, but Suna tells him she can get in on her own. He tells her they could go to the mansion afterwards. She asks him what mansion he is talking about. He tells her he showed her when they were on the boat. It’s a gift from his grandfather. IIRC, it’s the original family mansion, now being renovated. At first, he tells her they will live with his grandfather until it’s finished being renovated. Then they’ll move there. Suna looks very uncomfortable, and Junior notices this.
Babachita
Episode 92 #5 of 9
Junior: Aren’t you happy? The mansion is huge and we will have servants. Listen, you won’t have to do anything at home. You won’t get tired, that’s a promise. And, as the lady of the house, I’ll let you pick the servants. Imagine yourself in your mansion!
Suna looks away, less and less interested.
Junior continues: With servants, in the garden, our kids getting into messes. We’ll have six or seven kids. You have to get excited, it will be incredible, Suna!
Junior looks at her well-shod feet and guesses to himself, six and a half as her shoe size.
Finally, Seyran climbs in. She signals that nothing happened with Tarik.
Tarik gets in and says they are ready to go!
Junior says, overcome with excitement: Of course!
Seyran and Tarik share a glance, sort of like making an eyeroll, but not unkindly.
Back at the yali, Ferit is caught by Latif, who tells him Halis wants to see him. Ferit rudely asks him what he’s up to. Is he guarding the entrance like a security camera?
Ferit: What are you getting at?
Latif: The master asked the guards at the entrance to let him know when you arrived.
Ferit: Super. I was going to see him anyway.
Latif: Please.
Ferit has a snarky expression, probably not looking forward to more grief from his grandfather.
He enters Halis’s workroom, and finds Halis without Ifakat, always a good sign.
Farit: You asked me to come, Grandfather.
Halis walks to Ferit, hands in his pockets.
Halis: Where were you last night? You didn’t come home.
Ferit: That’s right. I went out to drink. I was drunk. I couldn’t come home in that state. I stayed at Pelin’s house.
Halis takes a moment to respond: Well, it seems the alcohol still flows in your bloodstream. That could be the cause of your great insolence this morning. What happened? Weren’t you indignant yesterday, screaming for your wife? If your night out will help you get that girl out of your head, then I could forgive you this time.
Ferit’s eyes narrow: I hope I can too. For everything they’ve done to me, you have to know that I won’t forgive any of you. If you have nothing else to say, I’ll go now.
He turns and leaves, and Halis looks after him pensively, impactado.
Kazim sits, with a smarmy expression on his face. He’s with Zerrin in a waterfront restaurant.
Kazim: Ms. Zerrin, that girl (Seyran) has my looks and her mother’s brains. [I laughed out loud at this!] She’s dumber than a door. She’s weak and doesn’t take advantage of anything. I’m embarrassed. They manipulated her easily.
Zerrin: Didn’t you say they kidnapped her? If there are witnesses to that disgrace, and they say they pressured her to sign it, there’s still hope.
Kazim: I really don’t know. To tell the truth, I came to ask your advice before anyone else and then go to the lawyer if you think it’s a good idea to go ahead with this alternative. I want to know what you think.
Kazim slowly drinks his tea, looking so pleased at interacting with this exciting woman. [He is such a creep.]
Zerrin: You could discuss this over the phone with the lawyer if you really want that, sir. [Sir!!! She’s really laying it on thick!!! Kazim’s expressions show it’s working.]
Zerrin: Admit that you came here because you wanted us to meet.
He looks away, raising his eyebrows and making a funny face. He slams down his tea and laughs: Listen to me, you should know one does everything for their daughter. That’s why I came here.
Zerrin: I also want you to know I wanted to see you, Mr. Kazim.
Up go his brows again! He is preening like a peacock!
Zerrin continues: I appreciate your friendship. The truth is, without you, I’d feel very lonely here in Istanbul. These outings with you have done me good.
Babachita
Episode 92 # 6 of 9
Kazim enjoys her comments and sips his tea with evident pleasure: I feel heard.
She stares at him, and he quickly looks out the window.
Kazim, looking around furtively: Well, forgive me, Ms. Zerrin. I hope you don’t misunderstand me, but you’re like reading a book. Whoever doesn’t understand you must be illiterate. A real idiot!
She smiles flirtatiously, licking her lips.
The waiter brings delicious looking baklava, two plates full of baklava.
Kazim tells her to help herself. She tells him it’s the first time she’s tried this pastry. [For crying out loud, I’m thinking, she’s never had baklava? Not likely! These two really deserve each other. But I don’t want them to succeed.]
Kazim: Really? Then it will be a great success. Look closely, Zerrin.
He sprinkles lots of powdered sugar on it, telling her that’s the way to enjoy it.
Kazim: You have to put lots on it as if there’s no tomorrow. I swear, you have to eat it like this before you die, to go to Paradise.
[I’m thinking he will be licking his fingers any minute now!]
Kazim: Please try it. It’s perfect.
Zerrin: I can try it now?
Kazim: Yes, you can.
Zerrin tries a piece and exclaims, in ecs*acy: It’s delicious!
Kazim can’t take his eyes off her mouth, chewing delicately. She continues to make comments about how delicious it is, her mouth moving suggestively. Her body moves in obvious pleasure.
Kazim now starts to eat a whole piece, while watching her.
Zerrin: Mr. Kazim, listen. This pastry is absolutely delicious. (She looks like she is completely overpowered by this experience.) It’s incredible that at this age, you’re showing me new flavors.
Kazim smiles and tries to take his bite but is so distracted that he drops the piece of baklava!
The mood broken, he holds up his hands in frustration, always with his Tesbih in hand. He tries to remove it the baklava, but he now has powdered sugar all over his dark suit.
Kazim calls for a waiter: I need to clean this with a wet wipe!
The waiter goes to get him one. Zerrin exclaims that he has spilled sugar all over his suit. He tells her the waiter will help him, and she will have a new Kazim.
Zerrin: Yes, but it won’t be enough. I think it will leave a stain. And a man like you deserves something more. Maybe, Mr. Kazim, if you’ll allow it, I’d love to pick out a suit worthy of you. Besides, it’s time to change that suit. We should go to a high-class shop. If you like, I’ll treat you. What do you think?
Kazim gives her that side eye, showing he is very pleased, and adjusts his collar: What a good idea. It sounds great. You’ll spoil me like a kid!
He calls out for the check and again for something to clean the powdered sugar. His grin couldn’t be wider.
At the yali, Ferit comes out from a shower, towel drying his hair. [Didn’t he already have a shower at Pelin’s?]. His phone is ringing.
He answers: Hello. Yes, Gulsuh, I forgot to call you. I was too drunk.
Gulsuh: Yes, I saw, but from what I see, you haven’t heard the news about you.
Ferit: What news?
Gulsuh: All the press is talking about what you did last night. They even took photos of us at the club.
Ferit: News? Where?
Gulsuh: Everywhere in the media! It’s the bombshell news of the day. Everyone’s talking about you.
Ferit: Fine, fine, we’ll talk later.
Babachita
Episode 92 # 7 of 9
He hangs up and checks out his social media feed, showing lots of pictures of him out on the town, and headlines that Golden Boy is out again.
Ferit: Those wretches.
Then he calls Seyran. She doesn’t answer. He calls again, same result. He paces around his room.
Suna and Saffet Junior are walking together in an upscale shopping mall, followed by Seyran and Tarik. Junior is reading on his laptop what seems to be wedding plans. On the down escalator, he reads out loud, and Suna’s face gets more and more stormy. Seyran, behind them, is making faces with her tongue in her mouth. Tarik follows her closely. Junior gets to the end of the list and announces that everything is planned out well, ready for the wedding day. Tarik congratulates him and suggests the four go to a nearby café. Junior agrees to have coffee but says he needs to do something with Suna first. Suna asks apprehensively what this is, and he tells her he wants to get her something special. She tells him he doesn’t need to do this. They all continue walking, and Tarik tells them that Junior won’t give up until he has convinced Suna. Junior agrees with Tarik, and Suna finally says she will go with him, but she doesn’t want to leave the mall. He tells her there is a perfect jewelry store in the mall and they will go there right away. So, off they go. This leaves Seyran and Tarik, and Seyran’s eyes are rolling.
Next, apparently in the same mall, we see Kazim trying on his new suit. He wonders if it suits him and asks Zerrin. She tells him it looks great. She is carrying several shirts. She tells him the blue one goes with the suit and asks if he will try it on. He agrees, looking at her with puppy dog eyes. He tells her he hardly ever wears blue, but he trusts her. She offers to help him take off his jacket. He agrees, saying he is well-served. We see her suggestively remove the jacket, Kazim enchanted and Zerrin barely concealing her contempt. Then she gives the attendant the other shirts to put away and goes to the dressing room to further rattle Kazim. She opens the door without knocking, saying she wants to see it. He is barely in the shirt and very startled at her aggressive behavior. She suggestively buttons up the shirt. He tells her she shouldn’t have bothered and she tells him she knew it would suit him perfectly. She tells him she likes it and thinks he should wear it the rest of the day.
Kazim: Sorry, Zerrin, but I should get it ironed when I get home. I promise I’ll wear it the next time I see you.
Zerrin: Is that a promise?
Kazim: Of course, I already promised you. It will be a pleasure.
They look in the mirror together as he adjusts the collar, a familiar gesture of Kazim’s. They continue to admire themselves as a couple.
Saffet Junior and Sunja are still walking in the mall. Junior is looking for something. As they walk by Man’s Black, Suna happens to look in and sees her father with Zerrin. Kazim is giving lots of money (3,000) to the attendant, so he didn’t take her up on her offer to buy. I guess he feels the man should pay. Suna is very impactada, watching the happy couple smiling and enjoying their time together. She walks away quickly.
Saffet Junior joins her, saying he was sure he had seen what he is looking for in that jewelry store, but apparently not. She asks what, and he tells her it’s the “Suna Jewel.” He tells her it doesn’t matter that he can’t find it and that he will buy her the most expensive jewel she’s seen. He grabs her hand and they go off quickly.
Babachita
Episode 92 #8 of 9
Meanwhile, Seyran and Tarik are seated in the café waiting for Suna and Junior. She checks her phone again and sees that Ferit called. She nearly calls him but realizes where she is and throws her phone down. Tarik joins her and offers to get coffee. She says she is not in the mood and asks what he wants to talk about.
Tarik: This, your attitude. Why do you treat me like an enemy?
Seyran: You dare ask? You stopped me in the hallway that day and harassed me when you first met me. You harassed me knowing I was married. What do you expect? For me to talk to you like we’re best friends?
Tarik: Fine, you’re right. Seyran, look, I don’t have a lot of experience socializing with women. I didn’t think I upset you so much. I just wanted to see your eyes up close. And you know what? When I saw your eyes, I knew I would never forget them.
Seyran: You ought to forget them.
Suna and Junior arrive just now. Junior is so excited and Suna is still reacting to seeing her father with Zerrin. Seyran can tell she is upset and asks if she is OK.
Suna: I’m fine. I’ll tell you later.
Junior: Since I didn’t go to work today, I feel out of place.
Tarik makes a wry expression and looks at his phone.
Junior: I don’t understand how you women do it. It’s so boring. I mean, maybe you could study and learn something, something productive.
The girls look at each other, and Tarik seems to have found something interesting on his phone. We now see that it is the Golden Boy story about Ferit.
Seyran: You say it like it’s so easy to study.
Junior: It’s easy.
Tarik looks up from his device with a smile.
Junior: I don’t understand. Isn’t that the case? Have you ever tried it? Is that why you got expelled?
Tarik hits out at Junior lightly: Don’t you understand she didn’t go to college? Stop asking her. (to Seyran) But if you want, I can call the dean of the university.
Seyran suddenly gives him all her attention, almost smiling. [He has found the key to Seyran!!!]
Tarik: Is the Kilic Center an option?
Seyran: It was my first choice. I wanted to study there originally.
Tarik: Fine, if you still want it, we can discuss it. If you want to enroll, you can as my guest.
Suna looks at Seyran.
Tarik continues: I’ll count the credits for you when you get there.
Seyran: I would, if it’s possible. I mean, if my father lets me. Well, I don’t know.
Tarik: Just ask me and I’ll do it. My grandfather will arrange it if I ask him. Don’t worry. (Tarik is smiling now.) With the recent news, your divorce will come faster.
Seyran, knowing nothing about the media frenzy: News?
He pulls up the news and hands her his phone.
She takes it and looks at the news with a sigh. Tarik smirks, watching her reading the feed.
Suna grabs the phone and reads it. Seyran, very rattled, announces that it’s getting late and that they are waiting for them at home.
Tarik takes his phone and they all stand and leave, Seyran leading the pack followed by smirking Tarik, unhappy Suna, and cheerful Junior.
At the yali kitchen, Sefika watches Abidin, who still looks devastated. She tells him Sultan has already decided. She asks him to talk to her (Sefika). In the background, Carlos and Yusuf are playing with Sultan’s boy.
Abidin: What do you want me to say?
Sefika: Why do you think I’m asking? Why did you attack her?
Carlos: Ma’am, it’s best not to upset him. I can see he doesn’t want to tell you.
Abidin: Let’s say it was a misunderstanding.
Sefika: Be that as it may, look, I want you to know how much I appreciate you, but if you do something like that again in my kitchen, I won’t let you back in.
Abidin reaches out and touches Sefika’s cheek: That’s OK. It’s OK, Sefika, please forgive me.
Babachita
Episode 92 #9 of 9
She’s surprised by his touch and quickly removes his hand, but then she reaches out and touches his cheek with affection.
His phone rings. He answers.
Kazim: Hello, it’s Kazim Sanli calling. Listen. Without telling anyone in that house, and without complaining, you’ll go to the address I’ll give you so we can talk, OK?
Abidin: OK. I’ll go now.
Sefika wonders out loud: What happened? Where is he going?
She goes to the table: Listen, I’m sure something bad happened.
Yusuf: Hopefully there will be better days in this house.
Sefika tells them she feels like her heart’s about to burst: I can’t take it anymore.
Upstairs, Ferit comes down the stairs from his suite. Gulgun meets him and asks him to accompany her to talk to Orhan.
Ferit: I’m in a hurry. We’ll talk later.
Gulgun: Ferit, your dad didn’t come home last night. I know you’re upset now, especially with your father, but I ask you to understand he’s also in a bad moment. Look, he went out, despite the consequences.
Ferit: Understand once and for all, I don’t care about my dad at all! Not at all!
Orhan joins them: What’s going on? You shouldn’t be yelling. They’ll hear you in the entire house!
Ferit: Do you want to know what we’re talking about? Mom told me you also didn’t come home last night. She was complaining about you, and I was reminding her I couldn’t care less about you, and here you are!
Orhan: Ferit!
Ferit: Don’t get mad. I’ll answer her. Listen, dear Mother. I couldn’t teach you how to be a good father, and I can’t show you to be a good husband either.
Orhan takes out his phone and pulls up the Golden Boy gossip: First, you have to answer for your stupidity.
Father and son stare at one another. Gulgun takes the phone to see what it’s all about. She reacts strongly.
Ferit, sarcastically: With this news, at least Mom knows where I spent the night! And you, Dad?
I’m going.
End of Episode 92
Babachita
92
Just a comment that there’s a really funny scene in this episode with Zerrin and Kazim. I encourage those who have given up on Golden Boy to watch this because it’s very humorous. The actors must have had trouble keeping straight faces! Part of it reminded me of When Harry met Sally.
Just fyi!
Babachita
S2 #52 part 1
Slight rewind: Boran comes to the hospital to wish Alya a happy birthday and a happy Valentine’s Day (Sevgililer Günü/Lover’s Day). Oh… and he asks her what she’s going to do at the hearing.
Alya replies, divorce me and let me have my son. Let’s be done with this. She walks to her office. Boran calls after her. Nare follows her. Alya is livid. She calls Boran “pislik”, filth. I’m willing to give up everything for my son! Everything and everyone! Even myself! But I will never go back to him! Never! You know why he’s doing this? He found out I erased the video. [please let someone have a copy.]
Nare says she knows, Kaya told her. Now he’s trying to corner you. If you want your son, you have to forget about the divorce. [infuriating.] I’m sorry this is bad timing, but we have a meeting now. Do you think you can calm down? Alya says yes. Nare warns her that Cihan will be there, too. Alya sighs.
They go to the conference room. Cihan isn’t there yet. Alya thinks he might be avoiding her. Yalcin starts up about surgical scheduling. He notes that Cihan hasn’t arrived and decides to call him. Cihan is asleep on a chair in his office. Erol is with him and picks up the phone. He wakes Cihan—Yalcin is calling. Cihan tells Yalcin he’s not feeling well so go ahead with the meeting and he will review everything later. Yalcin doesn’t explain to the others but says they can continue the meeting without Cihan. Alya clearly thinks it’s about her. She whispers to Nare. Nare doesn’t believe it.
Cihan complains about the medicine Erol gave him. It’s making him sleepy. Erol tells him he had a high fever, and he shouldn’t have gone to the border. Cihan gets up and says he’s going to the hospital. Erol advises him to see a doctor there.
Sadakat tries calling Hasan. She’s worried she can’t reach him. Boran returns to the konak. Sada asks the driver if knows where Hasan is. He doesn’t know. Boran comes upstairs and tells Sada that Hasan is in the hospital. He was hit by a car. He’s got brain damage and can’t speak. Sada quickly heads off to the hospital.
Fidan comes to see Hasan. He looks frightened as if he thinks Ecmel might barge in next. He still can’t speak. Fidan has made a special soup for him. It’s got plenty of mint. It will help his throat. She places a napkin on his chest and sits on the bed. She holds up a spoonful. He hesitates. She encourages him to try it.
Hasan takes a couple of spoonfuls before Sada bursts into the room. Hasan! Fidan stands up. Sada asks, what are you doing here? What’s in your hands? I came to visit, Fidan replies, it’s a virtuous act. Sada fires back, so you’re just walking around with soup in your hands? Since when do you do nice things for us? Get out of here! Sada asks her bro, what happened to you? I would sacrifice myself for you! Who did this to you? My darling, I would sacrifice myself for your beautiful eyes!
Hasan looks at Fidan. Sada continues, tell me who hurt you and I’ll kill them. Hasan tries to speak. He manages to say, a… ab..la (big sister). He spoke! Fidan closes her eyes, fearing what might come next. Kaya and Nare enter the room. I don’t know who did this, Sada vows, but I’ll show them no mercy! Fidan motions to Hasan not to tell. Everyone looks around the room as Sada tries to get Hasan to speak.
S2 #52 part 2
This is out of order. This scene should be before we see Fidan go to Hasan. Notice Nare is with Alya now when she was just in Hasan’s room. Yalcin calls out to Alya. Nare quickly leaves. Yalcin notes that he and Nare have to be careful since people talk and Sahin could show up at any moment. He tells Alya he wants her to handle a critical case. She says okay and walks away.
Cihan arrives and calls out to Yalcin. Alya turns and sees him. She watches. He doesn’t see her and he walks away with Yalcin. Cihan coughs and tells Yalcin he’s got a cold. Alya is bothered, then continues on her way.
Back to Hasan. Everyone is waiting for him to speak. He finally says he didn’t see who did it. Fidan is relieved. Sada can’t believe it. It’s a main road. There wasn’t a single camera? She turns to Kaya. Find them! The monster who did this to my brother must be found! Fidan shouts—of course, you will find someone! Sada turns to her in suprise. Fidan catches herself and calmly says, I hope you find them. She gathers up her things to go. Nare and Kaya thank her for coming. Fidan wishes Hasan to get well. She hopes her soup helped him. Sada takes her children to task for knowing what happened and not telling her.
Cihan goes to the cafeteria to get tea. Alya comes to get coffee. They sit at the same table. It’s awkward. Small talk. He’s sorry he missed the meeting, but he caught up with Yalcin. He says, I saw Nare, she told me you thought I didn’t come because you were there. Alya is ticked at Nare for telling. He asks her if it’s true.
Alya answers yes, and not because I’m mad. It’s because I asked for some space. I called you last night and your phone was off. She thinks he turned it off on purpose. Cihan asks her why she called. She’s reluctant but admits she was curious about where he was staying. He tells her he was at the office. She wonders why he turned his phone off. He asks if this is an interrogation. He tells her he went to the border. A nurse comes in to tell Alya a patient is in labor. She’s got to go.
Muzaffer comes to the cafeteria and tells Cihan that Boran was at the hospital and argued with Alya. Cihan wants the men to keep an eye on all who go in and out of Alya’s office.
Zerrin and Ipek are at the food truck outside the Uni. Zerrin tells Ipek to do as they agreed. Kaya arrives. Zerrin goes to meet him. Ipek cries out in pain. It’s her stomach. Zerrin and Kaya run to her. Kaya says he’ll take her to the hospital. Zerrin sees Kaya has a big bouquet of red roses in the car. Kaya drives off with Ipek in the back seat. Demir comes up behind Zerrin and says, well done. He presents her with a red rose for Valentines Day. She takes it and then she throws it back at him.
It’s quitting time at the hospital. Alya talks to Nare on her way out. Nare says that Sahin has a Valentine surprise for her. Oops, then Nare feels bad about telling because of Alya’s situation and it being her birthday, too. She asks if Alya has any plans with Cihan. Alya says no. Nare is surprised. She thinks Cihan wouldn’t forget. I don’t know, Alya replies, he didn’t say anything to me. Nare wishes her a happy birthday. Ayla tells her to enjoy the night. Alya looks sad as she leaves.
S2 #52 part 3
Ipek is in the ER and Kaya is by her side. She’s really playing this up. The doc says the IV should take effect soon. It could be something she ate. He’ll come back later. Ipek grabs onto Kaya. It really hurts a lot. He holds her hand and assures her she’ll be fine. He wants to call her family. She doesn't want them to know. Her father is in the hospital and it’s serious. Her mother is with him, and she doesn’t want her to worry. She cries in pain and grips Kaya’s hand tighter. He finally extricates himself and moves away. He hopes she will get well soon. Inshallah. He’s impatient but I guess he feels obligated to stay.
Sahin has bought out a restaurant for his special evening with Nare. The server tells him this is a great honor to host him. He calls Nare. She’s putting on finishing touches and is on her way out. She tells him she’s very excited. The driver is waiting at the door, he says, and I’ll be here waiting for you.
Nare gets in the elevator and guess who’s there—Yalcin. He panics and offers to get off. He starts pressing all the buttons and something shorts and the elevator is stuck. Now they both panic. There’s no signal to call from the elevator. I guess the alarm isn’t working either. Yalcin is more worried about Sahin finding out they’re together than anything else. It’s bad luck.
Cihan is back at the office, and he takes out a jewelry box and puts it in his pocket. Erol comes in to check on him before he leaves for the day. Cihan says he’s fine, Erol can go. He doesn't need to take any more medicine. Erol goes and Cihan promptly falls to the floor. I think he might have bumped into the chair. He’s clearly not well.
Alya is sitting in her bedroom. She’s handling her locket. She stares at her phone. Should she call Cihan? She puts the phone down and she decides to get dressed.
Sahin is waiting at the restaurant. Where are you, Nare? He calls. No answer. He gets a call from the driver who tells him about the elevator. Sahin leaves. He tells the staff he’ll be right back.
Alya goes to Cihan’s office. She finds him asleep on a chair. She calls his name. He doesn’t stir. She touches his head. He’s burning up. She wakes him. She wants to call an ambulance. He asks if she’s really there or is he imagining it? He doesn’t want to go to the hospital. She’s a doctor, she can take care of him. Nothing can happen to me on your birthday, he tells her, if you’re with me, I’m not going to die. [Not yet anyway. There’s a third season.] I’ll be fine with you.
Ipek complains to the doc that she still has some pain. He says that’s strange. He wants to order blood tests. It could be appendicitis or kidney problems. She apologizes to Kaya. I feel bad I ruined your plans, she says. He tells her not to worry. Zerrin calls him and he excuses himself.
Zerrin asks, is Ipek feeling better? He says, no, and the doctor ordered blood tests. I didn’t know her father was in the hospital too. She doesn’t want anyone to know. I can’t leave. Zerrin looks sad. She says she understands. But it’s Valentine’s Day, Kaya replies, I really wanted to be with you. Me too, she responds. But I won’t be able to leave my house so late. Don’t forget that Ipek didn’t go through with the marriage, we owe her. I love you very much, Kaya says. Zerrin tries not to cry. I love you too.
Alya’s got Cihan’s treatments ready. He complains. She asks, how did you get sick? He jokes, I don’t know… I always get a fever when it’s your birthday. Alya laughs. That’s right, he says, it’s a tradition. The same thing happened last year. Do you remember? She replies, maybe it’s your way of getting attention. Cihan laughs.
S2 #52 part 4
Sahin arrives at the hospital. Workers fix the elevator. The elevator opens, Nare comes out and rushes over to Sahin. She says she was scared but she’s fine. Yalcin sees Sahin and doesn’t exit right away. Sahin asks, who’s in there? Yalcin exits and tries to make a quick getaway.
Nare holds Sahin back from making a scene. He grumbles to Nare about Yalcin. Nare explains that Yalcin panicked when she got in the elevator. He pushed a bunch of buttons and the elevator got stuck. Sahin is sure he did that on purpose. He wanted to ruin Valentine’s Day. I’m so upset with that guy, he says, I worked hard to decorate the table and that’s not all. I covered everything in rose petals. Nare shuts him up with a kiss. Happy Valentine’s Day, my love.
Cihan asks Alya if she’s done with the treatment. He tells her, you had a premonition and you came. She smiles, it was something like that. You said we’d never separate, Cihan replies, you asked me to give you space. And despite that, you came because what you said doesn’t matter. Will you hold me accountable? Hit me over the head?
No of course not, Alya replies, it’s Valentine’s Day and my birthday and you weren’t around. He notes, and now you’re upset that I didn’t get you a present. What are you saying, she responds, you think I expect a present? Don’t make me laugh. All I care about is your health…. and just remember this and do something nice for me. Of course, he replies, and now we’ve arrived at the exact moment.
We get the flashback to last year when Alya went to the border to treat sick villagers and Cihan followed and got sick. He asked her to get his coat and check the pocket. There’s a box. Now, Cihan says, history will repeat itself. Alya goes to check Cihan’s coat. She finds the box. Alya opens it. It’s a bracelet. It’s beautiful. She loves it and he puts it on her wrist. She thanks him and hugs him.
Cihan recalls, when we were on the boat, the captain told a lovely story about the Tigris and the Euphrates, remember? She remembers. He continues, this bracelet is also the story of the Tigris and Euphrates. This gem tells the story of how two hearts from separate paths meet at a single point. Or at least that’s what the designer said. Alya points to something she thinks represents Mardin’s sun.
Cihan says yes, that is Mardin’s sun which symbolizes patience and hope. The infinity symbol represents a bond that defies time. And of course, there’s a path that represents the Tigris. He points out some stones that represent the obstacles you overcome in time, the days you leave behind, the paths you’ve taken, and every step you take. In fact, this tells our love story, too, he says. Two hearts that started out on separate paths that finally came together to beat as one. Happy Birthday, Alya, and Happy Valentine’s Day. She thanks him and kisses his cheek.
Next morning, CihAl wake up on chairs next to each other. She covers him with the blanket. She asks, do you feel better? He says he does. She has to go to the hospital. She tells him to stay and rest and don’t forget to take the medication. She’ll come back later to check.
S2 #52 part 5
Alya meets Erol on her way out. She tells him about Cihan and asks Erol to look after him. Erol mentions the divorce hearing scheduled for next week. I’ll be honest, with the current evidence we have, the chances of a divorce going through are very low. But, if that video were to resurface, then things would change. And my son would be taken from me, Alya quickly answers. I don’t know that, Erol replies, I wish I could say no. She leaves.
Alya sits in the hospital parking lot. She looks at her new bracelet and thinks. Then she makes a call. We see Boran in the parking lot watching her. His phone rings and he picks up. What is it? We need to talk, Alya replies. Of course, he answers, I knew you’d call. I’m here. What do you mean, she asks and looks around and spots his truck. He tells her to come talk. Alya gets in Boran’s truck. [yes, this is a big mistake.] Boran drives off. She asks, where are you taking me? We don’t hear an answer.
One of Cihan’s men calls him and lets him know that Alya and Boran left in his truck. Our men are following them, he says. We’ll send the location. Cihan is alarmed. He hops in a truck and zooms off.
At first, Alya calmly tries to reason with Boran. Boran, think about this. This isn’t you. What’s happened has changed you. I’m sure you don’t even recognize yourself. Boran stays silent. Alya begs, please stop hurting us. Our son has suffered enough. Let him be happy. We shouldn’t deprive him of that. [I think the kid is happy. He clearly loves being an Albora from Midyat.] I’d do anything for my son. He’s my everything. But I’m now I’m married to Cihan. I’m his wife and that’s your doing.
Boran remains silent. Alya continues, you asked us to get married. I can’t be with you anymore. It’s impossible. I don’t want it. Boran finally responds, you think I don’t know that? After you were with him, I lost interest in you. In fact, I hate you. Okay, hate me, Alya fires back, then why are you still insisting we stay married? Just get a divorce and leave!
You’d just marry Cihan, Boran explains, that’s why I’m not giving you a divorce. You’d just run to him and marry. Alya asks Boran to slow down. He’s going very fast. Boran exclaims—you’d run to Cihan! It’s all about Cihan! You are his, Albora is his, and so is our son, as well as the aşiret.
Alya is afraid of Boran’s speed and erratic driving. He goes off the road and heads along a cliff. Cihan is driving from the opposite direction and spots them. He tries to cut them off. Boran T-bones Cihan and sends his truck over an embankment. It’s not too deep a drop but the truck tumbles over repeatedly and stops at the bottom.
And we are out.
Uzak Şehir (Distant City/Lejos de Ti) has been nominated for Best Telenovela at the 2026 International Emmy Awards. There was another dizi nominated, Leyla. I haven’t watched it. That one is based on Avenida Brasil.
I wonder if Sinem and Ozan will be in NYC for the event. Pinar and Kaan came when Yargı (Secretos de Sangre) was nominated and it won. Unfortunately for me, this always takes place at Thanksgiving time and I’m usually out of town. That’s why I missed my chance to meet Engin Akyürek when he was nominated for best actor for KPA.
That you, Dondi, for this excellent recap. You caught all kinds of details I missed. What does asiret mean?
Are we thinking there’s no remaining copy of the video? It seems foolish not to have made a backup. Did they really not think of that?
Wow, Nare was looking good all dressed up!
It was totally unbelievable that Alya would get in the car with a madman, a madman we thought was obsessed with her no less. Why didn’t she jump out at the first opportunity when she could tell he was heading off in a weird direction? And where was he planning to go? You don’t want to be out in the middle of nowhere with a nusto guy.
Dondi, some time ago we were speculating as to whether our characters were Turks or Kurds. You mentioned you had gotten a glimpse of a tattoo, and that Kurds tattoo themselves. Since then I’ve been trying to spot one. Finally this time there one was! When Fidan was tending to Hassan we could plainly see one on the back of her hand. I jumped on Google to see what Kurdish tattoos look like and yes, that is exactly their style. I’m not a fan of tattoos but I really like the Kurdish ones. Very delicate.
So if the Albora are Kurds, my question is can Kurds be that rich in a country that persecutes them so badly? It’s not just in the past – right now Turkey has forbidden the use of Kurdish. They aren’t even supposed to speak it! Good luck with that one.
Well, our people are speaking Turkish so I guess they’re in the clear on that one.
Maggie
Asiret means tribe. I imagine the Spanish version said tribu, although I re-watched this scene Saturday morning with English subtitles. (We were switching to Brewers often Friday night.) Tribe as in clan, or the local people.
I, too, was yelling at Alya not to get into Boran's SUV. He had already attacked her once in her office. And we were right to be concerned. It was even more obvious on my second watch that Boran was intent on a murder-suicide mission, to keep Cihan from getting Alya. Boran planned to drive off the cliff. (I am sure the cliff chosen would have been steeper, but the show needed Cihan to live. )
Boran's willingness to murder Alya and kill himself shows his utter disregard for Deniz as a person. Not to mention disappearing for a year out of his son's life.
Thank you, Maggie and Anastasia.
The Kurdish language isn’t banned anymore but its use is regulated. Daily personal use is fine. I think they can publish materials and broadcast on limited basis. But the official language is only Turkish. Our characters are Turkish by nationality, but they are likely ethnic Kurds, and we know they are Muslims. Turkish Kurds. Although I don’t think they will ever explicitly say it. There are Syrian, Iranian, and Iraqi Kurds, too. We don’t discuss politics here but it’s a very complicated history.
Maybe some of these actors are Kurdish. There are also other ethnic and religious minorities in Southeast Türkiye. It’s an ancient and very interesting area. I think the country is more diverse than people think.
So Alya notes that Boran’s changed because of what happened to him. He’s had medical help but no mental help to deal with what happened. Alya gave her kidney, but she doesn’t try to get him psychological help. I think you’re right Anastasia, Boran could have been thinking murder – suicide.
What a crazy Valentine’s Day!
You’re right, Dondi! Well of course because you’re studying all this so intensely. . I just read the other day that the speaking ban had been reinstated but I just googled and didn’t find anything of that nature. I wish I could remember where I read it. But anyway, whew for the Kurds!
Maggie
Hi there . I am not watching this show anymore , but I bounce in once in awhile to read comments.
Donde , I taught many Syrians , and I know that there is a lot of tension between them and the Turks . I had brothers whose mother was Turkish .
It is all very complicated . I've taught students from many middle eastern countries and from all over the world . I think that they taught me more than I taught them. susan
It's great to see you here. Visit us more often! You always have something interesting and insightful to say. I believe it when you say your students taught you more. We have a lot of international/immigrant students and staff at our school and the exchange of cultures is a wonderful thing.
I hope we have the opportunity to watch another dizi together in the near future.
Loved this recap, Babachita. You describe everything so well. Your asides are great. Thank you.
I don’t understand why Hattuc and/or Halis welcomed the Ihsanlis back into their lives. Well, it’s a dizi!
I don’t think it’s polite to stick your finger in the coffee cup. And what Kazim is licking up is kinda gross. The dregs at the bottom of the cup. Bitter. Maybe that’s fitting for someone like him.
I’m sure Zerrin knows and has had baklava, but I think they were eating Kürt (Kurdish) böreği aka Küt böreği. Look it up, it’s interesting. I agree that the interaction between Kazim and Zerrin is worth a watch. Kazim is interesting in the way he’s written and how the actor plays him. Sometimes he’s disgusting—abusive and venal, sometimes cringy, and sometimes cartoonishly comical.
“Ferit comes out from a shower, towel drying his hair. [Didn’t he already have a shower at Pelin’s?]” Yes, he did. He told Pelin “I stink and need to shower”. I can imagine after the night he had. And Pelin wanted to sleep with him anyway! But then he put his stinky clothes back on. Guessing that’s why he took another shower and changed into clean clothes. Neyse… Ferit with wet hair is a good look to me.
Suna caught Kazim with Zerrin! What will she do with that info? Remember how Esme threw it in Ferit’s face that even abusive Kazim never looked at another woman? As if that made Kazim a better man than Ferit.
I laughed at the face and sound Ferit made when Gulgun showed him the article. I love it when Ferit calls it as he sees it. He’s usually right on target. That scene has always stuck with me.
I think I’m getting an intense episode to recap next. I’ll try to get it posted as soon as I can.
Hi, Donde, I have enjoyed many dizis in the past , but "Lejos" did not keep my interest as it continued . I just finished " Tan cerca" which Jarifa recapped beautifully . Maybe I will bounce into " Lejos." Nothing tops " Fatmagul" for me . Susan
Thanks, dondi for another excellent recap. There was one good thing about it. Alya's caring for Cihan gave us a break from her pushing him away so as to keep custody of her son. There was no one around to interrupt a tender scene. I loved Cihan's explanation of the symbolism of the bracelet.
I hadn't thought of Hasan being worried Ecmel would find him with Fidan. I was just thinking he was weird and frightened of her as if she'd run him over on purpose.
Well, it looks like we got the real reason from Boran. It's not so much he still loves Alya, but he wants her back so Cihan cannot have her.
I hadn't thought of a suicide plan. Boran strikes me as being too self-centered to do himself in. But it looked to me like he deliberately t-boned his brother's vehicle in an attempt to kill him. How much more time must we put up with him? I cringe every time he appears.
Thanks, Babachita. I go back and forth on Orhan. Sometimes I like him, especially since he's decided against divorcing Gulgun for the other woman, whose name I forgot. But he's not a good father to his sons; Ferit is right.
I must say I enjoy Ferit being brutally honest with Pelin. Too bad she's such a complete wimp. Every time she tries to tell her mother "he's not that into her", she gets bulldozed by Zerrin. Zerrin is determined to be a part of the Korhan family.
I feel some sympathy for Saffet, Jr. now and again. But then I remember how horrible he was to his mother, something that seems to be the norm in the Insanlli family.
Everyone kowtows to Halis. I was glad to see Ferit tell him he wouldn't forgive him for his insistence on getting rid of the woman he loves.
Thank you Dondi for the information about the not baklava. I looked up the kurt boregi and that was very interesting. It fits the dialogue in this dizi because Zerrin might well not have had it. It also uses powdered sugar. We learn so much from you!
Babachita
I am not watching anymore but I do read the recaps. I seem to recall reading that the actress playing Zerrin is Kurdish.
The Khidr reference was also very interesting, Dondi, in reference to Dr Yalcin. He’s been a supportive character for most of this dizi. Fidan is probably my favorite of all!
Thanks to all the recappers and commenters. You make reading these so entertaining and informative.
Babachita
There are lots of Mexican novelas and Turkish dizis available on tv and streaming. I happen to like both and appreciate getting to choose among the variety of offerings.
Babachita
Steve, buying Turkish dizis is a lot cheaper for Cheapskate NBC/Telemundo than producing their own shows. For me they've been a lifeline to participating on this blog. I date back to the day when they had three telenovelas a night with increasing violence and erotic scenes as the evening got later. I am enjoying Turkish dizis, but do miss the good old days. I seemed to always enjoy the 9PM ones, sort of like Goldilocks. Not as silly as the 8 PM ones and not as violent as the 10 PM ones.
Novelera: Explains why Univision is kicking Telemundo's expletive in the 9:00 PM CST timeslot of producing more Mexican Telenovelas.
At some point, Telemundo will be forced to dump the Turkish nonsense when push comes to shove.
<< Home
© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.


