Sunday, April 09, 2006

"La Fea Más Bella" synopsis trans. by Kathleen

UPDATE: For new visitors to our site, we have been recapping this show from its beginning - look at the sidebar on the left and click on "La Fea recaps" to see the chapter summaries. It is being done in batches though, not day by day.

La fea más bella could be translated as "The Ugly Duckling". It is an amusing store of love and triumph over adversity in which Lety, the heroine, shows intelligence, will power and a positive attitude in overcoming obstacles, developing professionally and finding true love.

Lety is modest, shy, romantic and intelligent, but not good looking. With her parents' help (Erasmo and Julieta) she has managed to study economics and has earned a graduate degree with honors in finance. Her only friend and confidant is Tomás, with whom she shares her troubles and her joys. They offer each other mutual support.

For Lety, being unattractive has never been an obstacle in her determination to get ahead. Sadly, she discovers that all her university achievements are not enough; she is rejected as an executive because of her looks. But she needs to work, and she accepts a job she is overqualified for — as a secretary at "Conceptos," a prominent fashion house.

"Conceptos" was founded by two good friends, Humberto Mendiola and Julián Villaroel. Soon afterwards, unfortunately, Mrs. and Mrs. Villaroel were killed in an accident, and Humberto and his wife Teresita (Fernando's parents) have taken over the upbringing of their orphaned children: Ariel, Marcia and Ana Leticia Villaroel, part heirs of the successful company.

Now that Humberto is about to retire, Ariel and Fernando are vying for the presidency of "Conceptos." Fernando is a young, brilliant and sophisticated executive who wins by the vote of only one stockholder, Marcia, his fiancée.

The project that Fernando presents to show his suitability for the post is ambitious, but not totally practical, and could risk the future of the business. Besides, the intelligent and arrogant Ariel watches him closely for any chance to wrest the coveted post from him.

Lety is competing with the beautiful Alicia Ferreira for the secretarial job. Alicia is very attractive, but frivolous and totally lacking in job experience. However, she is a close friend of Marcia, who needs her to keep an eye on her wayward fiancée.

Fernando refuses to be pressured, and expresses his preference for Lety. Lety is the best candidate, but Marcia insists on Alicia, since Lety does not have the looks for the job. Finally, both women are hired; Alicia, at triple Lety's salary, will work in public relations in the reception area, and Lety will have a tiny cubicle located in Fernando's own offices, managing the computer, the phones, the files, etc., and especially Fernando's schedule and private matters.

Lety, captivated by Fernando because of his defense of her against the others, becomes his unconditional ally in covering up his private pecadillos, which brings down the wrath of Marcia and Alicia.

Lety will endure mockery and disdain with the support of her fellow secretaries of "The Ugly Club." ("El Club de las Feas"): Irmita, the oldest and wisest; Sara, the skinny old maid; Paula María, a single mother; Lola, a woman abandoned by her husband; Martha, the fat girl, and Simón the messenger boy, unconditional friend of the girls of the Club. They all share funny adventures among the lights, the cameras, the gorgeous models and the glamour of the place.

But Lety's job at "Conceptos" has barely begun and, although she has her boss' complete trust, her future there is already in doubt, because she has secretly fallen in love with him. She will have to decide whether to continue supporting him by helping him manage very complicated financial matters.

Fernando, on the other hand, will begin to doubt her true feelings and her ambitions for power.

As we will see, there will be many surprises, and an unexpected change will turn the ugly duckling into a dream of beauty.

With a stellar cast and an atmosphere of fun, "La fea más bella" is refreshing in its positive approach to meeting challenges and overcoming obstacles.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I've seen a few people say this doesn't look good, but my wife and I are looking forward to it. The commercials make us laugh every time. She's from Mexico but I'm gringo so watching these shows is great for my Spanish. Thanks to all for your work!
 

I thought I'd never get over Alborada (and now that I know Amor Real may not provide the happy ending expected, I'm completely satisfied to watch the DVD muy condensed version).

I'm still not over Alborada, but . . . in the evening, I want to watch a show in Spanish (as well as the news) - so, I thought I'd peek at the show some fellow bloggers didn't expect to like.

Comic timing paces quicker than drama - so, one must really stay on his or her linguistic toes.

It's not Alborada, but the complete difference in style, content, approach provides a great learning experience for language and culture.
 

Is it just me, or do all the English resources on La Fea miss the fact that, beyond being 'ugly,' Leta has terrible fashion sense, as does the rest of her family. Plus, her annoying/charming laugh, clumsy manners, general awkwardness.. trying to work in a Fashion house!
 

I am enjoying La Fea mostly because it is SO different from all other telenovelas I've seen--the most important difference being that I don't have to anticipate and watch all the evil people doing terribly evil things to all the wonderful people. Here the bad guys aren't really so bad (at least so far) and they are all so funny it dilutes the pain of it.
 

You mean Fernando actually grew up in the same house as Marcia, his fiancee or did the death of her parents occur when she was older--in her twenties?
Is Fernando just sticking it out and marrying Marica mostly because of needing her support in maintaining Presidency of the company or does he really love her or WHAT? A little confused....
 

I am enjoying FEA but I think comedy doesn't have to be this unrealistic. I mean why do Lety and Tomas have to snort like that when they laugh. I mean who thinks that is funny, especially after the hundredth time!
I guess what I am thiinking is that there is too many excesses of ridiculousness and really, there doesn't have to be for it to be funny.
 

I freaking love this show. Lety is too cute and I don't see how bad makeup and vintage classes can make her look ugly. She's a pretty girl...the eyes spasms have got ot stop.

Now Don Fernando....olalala! Esta muy guapo! I wouldn't minf being his secretary any day!!!
 

I love this show, besides being funny it helps me improve my spanish.Lety's something else and i can't wait to see how it turns out between her and fernando.
 

I love this soap. Yes, it is on the silly side, but I am not looking for something intellectual.If I want that, I will watch PBS. As another poster said, there are not truly evil characters; although, there are a few mean-spirited characters. All in all, I enjoy it because it is is silly fun.
 

Thank you for a recap on what is going on in the La Fea Mas Bella. I have been watching telenovelas and like a lot of other viewers I have a hard time getting over Fernando Colunga. That man is just a dream and an excellent actor. Now, I am getting into La Feas Mas Bella. I did not see it from the beginning and was confused but I am learning Spanish and loving the show. Thanks !!!
 

nakaka-aliw talaga ang show na ito,minsan nga hindi na ako umaalis sa upuan ko kasi wla masyadong comercials...

i love it talaga.......
sana may letty la mas fae
rewind.......
 

Thanks to all for your hard work in recapping La Fea. I first watched this show to see how many Spanish words I could pick out. Now I am TOTALLY HOOKED and am neglecting other favorite activities to watch La Fea. If not for your English translations I would miss so much of what is really happening.

Connie
 

Sana mas agahan niyo pa yung lety la mas fea sa gabi,kasi nakakaantok talaga.........myr
 

I reaaly have a hard time catching up with the show, it really pissed me off when they took it off from its orinigal slot, i'm a la fea addict, before i really had to go home early just to watch but then when they changed the time of viewing grrrr.... a sobra!!! ang hirap kaya nung time slot nila,, oras ng duty ko yun shocks talaga, tapos ang ipinalit nila eh yung wrestling lang nakakainis talaga!!!!!
 

the show's really entertaining and empowering...sana agahan nyo na yung slot parang awa nyo na......
 

I have, sadly, become so disappointed in La Fea Mas Bella, that I have given up watching the ending. I had hoped that Lety's growth and transformation would have taken her far -- and that being the case -- Fernando then would have also grown up a little. Aldo seemed like such a suitable suitor for someone metamorphosing -- however now they have him stupidly becoming prey the a not so interesting character.. Ah well no one really developed and that is TV and also since this is the only time I have committed to a show -- it is also my last-- Life, a book or just day dreaming is much better -- ciao La Fea Mas Bella, I had such hopes -- Alexzandryna
 

I haven't seen the show since the beginig, but almost, and since the first time I watched it I fell in love with the show. It always made me get in a better mood, and made my entire falmily get together and laugh together. My husband is "gringo" and he loved it too. I even dream a couple times of Aldo Domenzain.
 

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone of you know, when "La Fea Mas Bella" will be coming out in DVD soon? I'm so sad that i really do not have anything to watch now. I love that show i would love to watch it from the beginning to end. :)
 

Beckster,thanks for this hilarious recap and to all you commenters. Y'all rock!

Mr. James is really too much, just standing there with his arms hanging at his sides while Acacia's trying to hold him and having a hysterical crying fit. What a man, and what true love he has for Acacia. I couldn't believe he was coming on to Sophie right after such an incident. Methinks he is almost as big of a slimeball as Aron. Either that or he's just shallow and dimwitted. Yuck.

Did the jimadoras tell Gavi that Isadora was pregnant or does she just see for herself in tonight's previews?
 

I sell betty la fea and also La fea mas Bella on dvd's, the quality is very good, interested? write to MYSHOW@AOL.COM

thanks
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder