Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Barrera - Tuesday June 27 - partial

Don't worry Sylvia, accidents (or in this case testosterone) happens. I watched part of last night's episode during inning changes in the Yankees game so I can fill in a little bit.
It appears that Andres and Valeria went all the way. I didn't see that part. Juanita asked Valeria, "hicieron?" - "did you do it?" and she said yes, it was wonderful, etc. etc. Ever practical, Juanita asks if they used protection and of course they didn't. It all happened so fast and other timeworn excuses. Since we're going to bail on this turkey, I will disclose the incredibly unsurprising news that Valeria will indeed become pregnant from this or some future encounter with Andres. In novela terms, this is about as inevitable as the sun coming up.
Anyway, Andres had his first bull fight and it was a big success. We had head shots of Andres waving a cape around and body shots of someone in a ring with a bull and that person had the ham sandwich! Both Nutria and Valeria prayed for Andres. Unfortunately, Valeria was praying out loud and Jacinta heard and realized that Valeria was still in contact with Andres. In her campaign to separate Valeria from Andres, she decided to heed Sergio's advice that forbidden fruit is the most desirable.
Veronica went to see the shrink and experienced a personality change in the shrink's office. It isn't clear if the shrink has figured out what is going on.
Remedios got married. Before that she came to visit Federico to try for a reconciliation but he rejected her. Federico finally realized that Pedro might be his father [duh!]. Jacinta had a sepia memory of letting the bull out that killed Pedro.
There was some stuff about Gustavo's cow business but I really wasn't paying attention.
That's about all I can remember.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for the recap, Jean...the reception on my TV (no cable) was too full of static for me to either watch or listen to the show. I'm getting very anxious for the 11th of July.
 

Thank you Jean!!! I really appreciate you jumping in to bail me out. Bummer that I missed the sandwich...NOT.
 

I'm going to have to watch an episode of this some day to meet these characters. I don't feel justified in hating this show along with the rest of you without having seen it first.
 

Chris, we'd LOVE your take on it!
 

Good recap. This was a weird episode... I guess I still haven't adjusted to the acceptance of premarital boinking in Latin-American novelas --especially the ones from mega-catholic Mexico! We know that no one follows the pope's abstinence policy in real life, but novelas have (until recently) been different. It used to be that the only sex our heroines had was a rape at the beginning of the novela, or a honeymoon after a white wedding waaaaay at the end! I know it's been a couple years since the networks started to fathom young unmarried woman having a healthy physical relationships, and yet... still kinda shocked after seeing that happen RIGHT THERE on my mom's t.v.! Talk about uncomforatble! I guess I can't watch novelas with my mom anymore. That bull with all the very fake ketchup blood wasn't easy to watch either!
 

That's interesting, Alma. The two novelas that I saw most of prior to Alborada had heriones who had been blackmailed into marrying a bad person and they refused to have sex with their husbands. They both had sex once with their true loves and they both became pregnant. The heroines didn't need to be persuaded to boink their true loves. They were overcome by passion. It seemed to me that the real purpose was to produce these babies for plot purposes. As I mentioned, this union will also produce a baby and, as is usual, Valeria and Andres will become estranged and he won't know that he has a child and the familiar plot will proceed.
 

Thanks! That was short and to the point of what went on.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder