Monday, July 17, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Friday July 14

We pick right up where we left off Wednesday, in the hallway at the clinic. I wondered why episodes of Heridas take longer to watch than the other shows, I thought maybe I was having trouble understanding new voices, but then I realized that they aren’t padding the running time of the show by repeating 10 minutes from yesterday’s show. More bang for the buck here I think. Anyway, Fernanda is gazing at her daughter. Miranda asks her “have we seen each other before?” Fernanda says that Miranda hasn’t seen her, but that she has seen Miranda many many times. “uh in magazines and stuff, that’s how I know that you’re soon to be married to Fabricio.” Miranda turns her head like she just got punched in the stomach. Fernanda says “did I say something wrong?” Fernanda is informed about the big breakup, though without all the details about the other sister and everything. Fernanda tells Miranda to be strong. After Miranda and Pamela walk away, a nurse asks Fernanda, “Why did you say you were Dr. Fernandez?” Fernanda Fernandez ignores the obvious comeback of “because Fernanda Fernandez is a way cool name” and instead tells her “Just don’t say anything to them about my real name.” Great answer, way to convince the nurse that there isn’t anything strange going on. Nice work.

We see Gonzalo on the phone at Miranda’s house, yelling at somebody. “I don’t care about the damn clinic or the people there, I want my building there and I want it done now! Because I said so!” Bertha comes in with a drink for him. He asks her where Nuria is, he wants her to do some work. “Oh she went back to Mexico city early this morning.” Bertha then tries to rub up on him a little while holding the drink out to him. He pushes her off “get away woman I’m not drunk so don’t get so close to me.” Healthy relationship here.

Back to the clinic – Fernanda apologizes for upsetting Miranda and then tells her that she lives in Mexico but volunteers at the clinic. Miranda says her father is there too, she says he still believes in the class system but that she doesn’t, she believes in helping those in need. I think this scene was to establish how Miranda is like her mother in that way.

Fabricio and Alejandro are having coffee or something and Alejandro is playing big brother. “Boy that Miranda is some kind of bitch but damn she looks good. How could you cheat on her?” This reminds me of something a friend told me in college after he caught me looking too long at some really hot girl who was with another guy – “remember Chris, now matter how hot she is, there’s some other guy somewhere who is sick and tired of her crap.” Fabricio’s reasoning doesn’t go down this road, but I thought that was worth mentioning. Fabricio says it was his fault, for being gone so long and letting the relationship exist as it did before he left. He was in Europe for five years and during that time Bertha brought Florencia for visits with doctors, he spent more and more time with Florencia and they fell in love. Then just when he was making sense he says “I don’t know what I want.” Alejandro tells him “you have to figure that out! Especially fooling around with sisters, you could cause quite a tragedy. Don’t play with fire.” At this point Cesar rolls in and tells Alejandro that he has a few minutes and can take him where he needs to go and drop him off. Well I think that’s what he said, what I actually heard was “I have a little time mmmmmrmrmr mmffffmmmmmrmrrmfm mffmfmg mgm fmm fmfgmmf mmfg let’s go.” This guy is the most marblemouthed actor I’ve ever heard in any language. I’ll admit he has a face made for novelas/soaps, nobody ever REALLY looks that pissed off but he does that look great. And his eyes look either evil or like he’s been getting baked back in his trailer. But he can’t talk. He mumbled his line and I hit pause. Before I could complain about how he spoke, my wife sais “I can’t understand him either, rewind it.” After three tries we pieced together that guess about giving Alejandro a ride. Somebody get this guy a speech coach.

Pamela and Miranda return from the clinic. They talk about how nice Fernanda is and how she must have experienced a lot of pain in her life to understand to say the understanding things she said. A servant sticks her head out of a doorway and says “your dad told me to tell you to tell him to tell the other one, who will tell me, to tell you, when your dad is here, then to tell her to tell him to tell you to tell her to tell him to tell you he is here. He’s in the other room.” Really, that’s what she said, if you have it on tape go back and listen. Pamela asks Miranda, “what are you going to tell him about Fabricio? If you tell him he’ll chase him down and kill him!” Miranda agrees but says she has to tell him. Well, she can wait until he’s back in Mexico City, far away from Fabricio. Pamela says yes, great idea, until then act normal. Which I’m sure will be no problem after your fiancée just dumped you. Buck up Miranda!

Back to the clinic. There is a guy straight out of ‘mob enforcer’ central casting in Fernanda’s office telling her that they all have 48 hours to clear out of the building or they’ll clear the building out for her. “48 hours and this building is MINE” and he stomps out. He’s a real people person, that’s why he makes the customer calls I think. The nurse is a wreck, “what are we going to do?” I swear I was waiting to hear “Que vamos a haTHer?” in Adalgisa’s voice (from Alborada of course). Fernanda says they need to talk to the governor, or perhaps create some big scandal to bring attention to their plight.

Miranda and Pamela are in the living room with Gonzalo and Bertha. Miranda tells a servant to get her horse, Chocolate, and another horse ready, they are going to go riding. Bertha butts in and says that the other horse belongs to Florencia!
Miranda: so? Florencia is too sick to ride but Pamela can ride.
Bertha: well if you can’t respect other’s things….
Miranda: Every animal in this house belongs to ME. Besides, Florencia doesn’t even like animals, so it doesn’t matter. No hay problema. Papa, will you come ride?
Gonzalo: No, I’m headed back to Mexico City later today.
Bertha: But you were going to stay for a couple days! You can’t change your plans without telling me!
Miranda: He doesn’t have to tell you anything. (turns to Gonzalo) Or do you?
Gonzalo: Of course not!
(Bertha storms out of the room but stays on the other side of the doorway to eavesdrop.)
Miranda: Dad, kick her out of this house. I don’t want her here around my sisters or around you. Yes, I know what is happening between you two and I don’t agree with it. You can do whatever you want but not in my house or near my sisters. Give her some money and put her up in the condo in Polanco.
Gonzalo: If that’s what you want, asi sera.

Bertha is really in a huff now. She storms through the house and out to the yard and we hear her thoughts. “Ok Chocolate, you are the first thing Miranda is going to lose. Miranda, you are going to pay like my sister did before for being in my way.” She gets to the stable and nods at Gabino the stable guy, who then walks into the stall with Chocolate. In his hand is a leather strap with a bunch of nails pounded through it and then bent. We hear chain clanking sounds and lots of horse whinnying and whining sounds. Obviously Gabino is whipping the horse with that thing. Gross. Bertha weeps, perhaps regretting what she did but I don’t buy that. Gabino comes back out and stares at her, she turns and leaves. He then pulls out a wad of cash from his pocket, I’m sure this is to mean that Bertha gave him the money to do this to the horse. My wife estimated the wad of bills at about 50,000 pesos. She worked as a bank teller in Mexico so I trust her estimate. Either that or she was drug runner and never told me. Either way, I’ll believe her.

Alejandro and Cesar walk up to the clinic. Alejandro asks him, “you won’t stay?” Cesar mumbles something like “mmmrmfefe gotta go mrfffararmfmm” and leaves. Alejandro says hello to the people outside, then says to himself, “how can that desgraciado tear down a clinic? Now I know for sure what an infeliz he is! I won’t allow it!” He goes inside looking for who is in charge. Fernando says “Me. And what of it? Are you here to give me an ultimatum too?” She proceeds to go off on him for a full minute. Alejandro stands there with the Luis Manrique y Arellano face, the one where he says “QUEEEE??” and his eyes bug out.

Gonzalo is talking to Gabino at the stable. Gabino says “the vet says maybe a jaguar did it.” Gonzalo screams at him, “then get some guys and GO FIND IT! How am I going to tell Miranda? It is her favorite horse!” Speak of the devil, here comes Miranda. She sees Gonzalo and thinks he is going to ride with her. Gonz – “uh no, there has been an accident.” (I think I’ll call him Gonz, that sounds cool. Gonz. Yeah.) Gabino says “uh yeah a jaguar we think.” Thanks for that brilliant input Gabino. He couldn’t look any more guilty if he were standing there with horse blood on him. Bertha shows up and starts blaming Gabino for everything. “you didn’t lock the door. Your fault. Neener neener. You suck.” The vet comes out of the stable. The guy playing the vet is the same guy who was Diego’s fencing instructor in Alborada. He looks better here without the bad long hair he had before. The vet says the horse is suffering. Miranda wants to be alone with Chocolate. She cries a lot. The vet says he can’t save him probably due to nerve damage, etc. Miranda says to put him down. She cries some more.

Fernanda is apologizing to Alejandro for yelling at him. “sorry I just feel so desperate right now.” Alejandro the perfect gentleman says no prob, tell me how I can help. She says he has done enough already just by listening to her. “Oh and I haven’t properly introduced myself, I’m Fernanda de Aragon.” Loud music. Alejandro has the Luis “QUEEE?” face again. He says, “you are the woman who was always in love with Fernando Luque?” (that was Alejandro’s father) Fernanda says how do you know? “Because I am his son! The baby you took care of after my mother died!” They hold a tearful little reunion. Fernanda asks the obvious question. “what are you doing here?” “I’ve been looking for you for years. I’m here doing some business etc etc.” She fills him in on her work and where she lives, etc. Finally she asks what happened to him after his father died. He says, “he didn’t die. Your husband killed him!” More loud music.

Miranda is yelling at Gabino, blaming him for not being careful enough with the horses. Gabino might as well be wearing a shirt that says “guilty” on it. The vet says the horse is really suffering, the injection to kill him is only making him hurt, he won’t die. Miranda tells Gabino to shoot the horse, the vet says he won’t do it. She cries some more. She thinks, “why would a jaguar come bother just that one horse? And nobody heard anything? This doesn’t make sense.”

Bertha and Gonz in the house – Bertha says to Gonz that he should stop Miranda from killing the horse, it’s valuable. Gonz says that Miranda is the boss, she makes the decisions. Everything is hers and will be hers. Bertha says “Esta bien! You give her everything and all I wanted was to be your wife but now that won’t happen.” Gonz – “we can’t fight about Miranda, she is my daughter, period, she will always win over you.” “but you treated me as a woman, why won’t you give me that status in this house?” “don’t confuse me coming to boink you when I’m drunk with treating you like a woman.” He then tells her that she should go to the condo and he’ll keep her in cash. Then BANG they hear a gunshot, that must be Gabino shooting the horse. Bertha tells Gonz that he is killing her, just like the horse and just like he had treated his wife! Boo hoo!

Alejandro says he’ll help Fernanda, she tells him to be careful. Will he come back to see her? Of course! Again, she tells him to be careful. Ok we get it. Proceed with caution. Check. Got it. Alejandro tells her, “for your peace of mind, my father didn’t die that night, it was later.” Dum dum da DUM.

Miranda runs in “Papa we killed him.” He says yes, he knows, it was for the best. Miranda says “I know it wasn’t a jaguar, it was my aunt and for no other reason than to just be evil.” Gonzalo changes the subject because Bertha is standing RIGHT THERE. “Where is Fabricio?” Miranda – “oh he’s busy with his partner.” Gonz tells Bertha, “go find him and tell him that my daughter is more important than his coworkers.” When Bertha leaves, Gonz starts to tell her “uh I don’t know how to tell you about me and her…” Miranda says “whatever, get her out of this house.” “yes I will, I promise.” Pamela comes in and asks Miranda how she’s feeling. “muy triste.” Gonz excuses himself. Tomasa the servant comes to help comfort Miranda, lots of hugs. Miranda then goes to her room and looks at a flower. She says to herself, “I just KNOW that Bertha is involved.” She throws a tantrum and destroys the flower smashing it against the wall.
Tomasa and Pamela come in, Miranda says she feels like this all is a premonition, Tomasa what do you think? “I don’t know, I didn’t hear anything.” “yes, neither did Gabino. Bertha thinks we are all idiots.”

The sisters cry about Chocolate with Bertha. Florencia asks “why not an injection?” Bertha starts with some more crap “because Miranda said not to. There was a surgery and she wouldn’t pay for it, she said to shoot the horse.” The sisters are shocked, naturally. “The vet told me. But don’t say anything to her that we know! I don’t want her to think I’m a gossip!” Nice cover Bertha, well played. She then tells them that she has to leave the house but says she’ll be back after a while.

Alejandro is on the phone with a lawyer. “I know Gonz must have bribed some people to get that building approved. Don’t let him get away with it. Give me time to find a place to move the people in the clinic.” Fabricio enters, says he’s going to the house, does Alejandro want to go? Why, he says, so I can see Miranda while you see your girlfriend? Fabricio fills him in on what happened with the horse.

Bertha is lounging and Tomasa is packing her bags for her. Tomasa obviously doesn’t like Bertha. Bertha tells her to keep her mouth shut about whatever she knows or she (Tomasa) will never see her granddaughter again! Dum da DUM!! Maybe someday she can see her, if she keeps her mouth shut. I guess we’ll find out more about this later on. Tomasa says she should have just run away with the girl ‘that day.’ Bertha says “you should just be glad she’s still alive.” I have my suspicions about this story, but I don’t want to spoil anything.

Some kid comes into Fernanda’s office, his name is Joel, her godson. He’s happy to see her, but his family is being evicted from their home. Nice to meet you Joel, since this scene was here just to introduce you, mucho gusto.

Alejandro is on the phone with the Italian woman again, saying he has to find ‘the briefcase.’ We see Bertha toying with what must be that same briefcase right that moment in her own room. Alejandro goes on “whoever has that holds me in their hands.” More foreshadowing, today’s episode is the episode that launched 1000 storylines. Alejandro thinks, “Miranda needs someone to bring her high and mighty self back down to earth. That someone will be ME.”

Miranda is in bed crying, “why God why me? Why did you forget me?” boo hoo hoo hoo.

The next morning – Miranda and Tomasa walking, Miranda is whining about Fabricio some more. I thought “still?” and then realized that it has only been like a day since she got dumped. Gabino rolls up with a white horse and tries to give it to Miranda. “it’s yours.” He gives her a note that says the horse’s name is Cacao and it is from Alejandro. She says she’s going to go find him and tell him that she is ‘una dama’ and can’t accept gifts from men she doesn’t know.

Joel is helping at the clinic. Fernanda and the nurse talk to an old woman. “what is your name WHAT IS YOUR NAME???” The woman croaks “Natividad de la Cruz.” Fernanda starts doing cartwheels “it’s Naty! Naty! Hey, it’s Naty!” Who is Naty? I have no idea. We’ll find out later I guess.

Fabricio and Alejandro are having breakfast.
Fabricio – Where did you find that horse so fast?
Alejandro – don’t worry about it.
F – Don’t think she’s just another of your conquests
A – None of your beeswax anyway. Besides, we’re both single.
F – Sorry, you’re right. I’m just confused.
A – What are you going to do anyway?
F – I’m going to tell Gonz that I’m marrying Florencia.
Fabricio’s mom walks in just in time to hear that last part.
Mom – De ninguna manera! You will marry Miranda!
F – No way mom! I’m going to marry Florencia! GOD! Why can’t you let me run my own life! (ok after ‘marry Florencia’ the rest was my embellishment)
Mom – You are so irresponsible! Gonz saved dad’s money that he left us. When did this start with Florencia anyway?
Before we can find out again when they hooked up, the scene changes.

Bertha sees Renata at the breakfast table. “Where are the others?” “well, Florencia is in the shower and Miranda is riding her new horse.” “WHAT new horse?” Tomasa jumps in “a new white horse, it arrived very early this morning as a gift.” Bertha sniffs, “well she’ll have to return it, she es una dama and can’t accept that.” Screw that! If somebody just handed me a car, I’m keeping it. Renata says “Why not?” Bertha explains that women of status don’t accept gifts, bla bla bla. And then says “because that is what your mom did! She ran off with some guy who bought her stuff!” Tomasa gets back to the business at hand. “I’m telling Gabino to lock up that horse good. We wouldn’t want a jaguar to come and attack just that one horse silently and leave the others alone, would we? RIGHT, Bertha?” Bertha excuses herself from the table.

Miranda rides her horse in slow motion through the trees. Alejandro rides his horse in slow motion through the trees too. Of course they run into each other. Alejandro, “nice to see you!” Miranda starts to say something haughtily but Alejandro cuts her off.
“Don’t tell me, you can’t accept the gift, etc etc”
M – “no, I love it and it’s not his fault, I’m keeping him. But don’t get me anything else. You can’t conquer me with gifts.”
A – “whatever. Every time you ride that horse you’ll think of me.”
M – “Sure, because you two look the same! (ooooh burn!) Hey, what is your business with my dad?
A – we’re building a hotel, but you can ask him for the details.
M – don’t be an asshole. You and I don’t have anything further to talk about.
A – (in his best Wesley from Princess Bride) As you wish. (he takes off)

The daughter of the Italian woman, I swear her name is Lasagna, that’s what it sounds like so that’s her name, Lasagna, calls Alejandro’s cell phone. We see the phone ringing on the ground in the forest. Miranda picks it up. He dropped it! She answers, Lasagna asks for Alejandro, and who is this? Miranda says she’s his girlfriend and he’s unavailable. Who is asking for him? Lasagna says.. “I’m his daughter.”

Whoa! He has Lasagna for a daughter!

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks so much for the great recap. Thanks to all the recappers, don't know what I'd do without you. Although I am suprised at how much I understand, the recapping helps fill in the blanks and the humorous remarks are hilarious. Keep up the good work!
 

At least according to the close captioning, the "daughter" in Italy is named Lizania, which is pretty much the same as "lasagna." Lasagna would be a good name for someone who lives in Italy. The older woman who lives in Italy, whom Alejandro has been calling and who presumably is Lasagna's mother, is named Daira.
 

I went to esmas.com to see what they wrote for their sparse daily recaps for this show and discovered something - I think we're getting a condensed version of this show. Three episodes have aired, but we have seen everything into the sixth capitulo according to that site. Maybe they decided we wanted to just see the stuff that mattered and not endless repeating of yesterday and endless flashbacks, etc. Like, we won't have to listen to Hipolita and Adalgisa have the "Nina que vamos a hatthhherrr?" conversation 500 times, or this show's equivalent of that. Anybody know anything about that?
 

Can I ask a stupid question? I'm still a beginner Spanish student, but I understood a lot more by reading the closed captioning of Alborada than I do reading it for this show. Anybody else with me? Here comes the stupid question... were they speaking a different kind of Spanish on Alborada than they do on Heridas, or am I just nuts?
 

Hi All! Been gone a while... Man I've missed this site!!! But I'm watching Heridas and I guess it's kinda "growing" on me, lol...

ferro94: I think that on the esmas website they consider each capitulo 1/2 hour of the show... that would explain the 3 episodes/ 6 capitulo difference anyway. I noticed the same thing back when I used to read the recaps for Contra Viento y Marea...:)

TTFN y'all!!

Ruth
 

Hi Terry: Just a guess but I think Alborada was easier to understand because people spoke more formally due to the fact that it was supposed to take place in the past. The producers and writers probably tried to eliminate modern, rapid slangy speech that can be very difficult to understand. Think of the speech in a movie of a Jane Austen novel versus a movie that takes place in contemporary times.
I see what Chris was talking about with César - I just listened to him without looking at the titles and he is impossible to understand!
 

Ruth, you may be right, but when I would look there in the past for other shows the episodes matched up 1:1. Who knows. I'd like to think we're getting the "only stuff that matters" version.
 

jean - thanks for the explanation
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder