Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Nielsens love Lety!

Read this article about how La Fea Mas Bella kicked some significant ratings butt in the US at the end of July. Read it and laugh. Bwahahaha!!!

In the coveted 18-to-34 age group (which does not include me), they beat WB and UPN every night that week. NBC, CBS, and ABC also each rated lower than Univision at least one night that week in the Fea time slot.

Granted, the last week of July is not exactly the most competitive week in the TV business, and WB and UPN aren't so intimidating either (we'll see what happens when those two networks merge). But it's still pretty exciting.

What does this mean for us? Honestly, I have no idea. Depending on how Ugly Betty does, a few more popular telenovelas might get reworked for the English-language networks, but I'm more interested in seeing better stuff on Univision. Higher ratings could make that happen.

And, speaking of excitement, I'll probably do another midweek recap tomorrow, because last night's episode was so action-packed. (It's no coincidence that the Monday episodes are always the most eventful and suspenseful - it turns out that in Mexico, they aired on Friday.)

Labels:


Comments:
Wow! Our chiquita Lety is really going places! I feel like a proud aunt or something. By the way, you're doing an excellent job with the recaps... I think your Spanish is much better than you give yourself credit for!
 

Hi Julie, I'm so glad you are going to do a midweek recap! Tuesday's show was FABULOUS and I'm anxious to find out exactly what I missed with my limited understanding. Fernando not only is a good comedian, he seems to be good at everything else! It sure does make my life seem dull!
Thanks for the great job you do!
 

JULIE: Send me a picture and I'll put it up on the sidebar!
 

I do not want someone to give anything away about plot (!), but can someone tell me how much approximately how muchlonger I will have to wait to see Lety start changing her physical appearance. I don't think I can take any more intense love scenes with her looking the way she does. I just need a little assurance that I don't have to wait too many more episodes.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder