Sunday, September 17, 2006

More "Fea" corrections, Because I Care

...actually more like "because I was in a hurry and therefore wasn't as careful as I should have been."

After re-watching the past week's episodes I had to go back and make some corrections/adjustments to the recaps (corrected stuff is in red). Most of them are trivial, but there are two things that require special notice:
  • I thought the Monte de Piedad (Mount of Mercy) was the same thing asthe Public Ministry because I misinterpreted something Sara and Juana said. They are not the same thing. (Margaret tried to explain that to me, but I still misunderstood.) The Public Ministry is some sort of legal bureau. This doesn't really affect the story much, but I don't like to create and propagate misinformation. Just in case someone was planning to pawn something at the Mexican Public Ministry, or sue someone through the Monte de Piedad... :-)
  • On Wednesday, when the lights go out in the exec lobby and then go back on, Celso or Fern (I forget which) says it was probably a power outage. This probably isn't important, but I'm mentioning it in case it was meant to establish that the building has faulty wiring or something.

Labels:


Comments:
Monte de Piedad is actually an old spanish term for Pawnshop. I guess in Mexico that is the term actually used, or maybe they are government run, official ones. It also is a synonym for Calvary, so it is possible that it was originally a church run thing in Spain. But this goes back to at least to the middle ages as there are songs and stories that include references to the monte de piedad.
 

Julie, your commitment to the site is appreciated! By the way, when you rewatched the week, did you happen to catch how Fern explained to the office why he had Alicia's bag?
 

I did not catch how he explained it. I think maybe he didn't explain it, and simply changed the subject, and Alicia was so happy to get her bag back she didn't push it.

I don't think she saw him put it down - I think she only saw him touching it. So he may have had some "plausible deniability" there.

I found a website that describes Monte de Piedad as a "national financial aid society" in Mexico but they obviously brought it over from Spain. Mariano Riva Palacios was not its founder, then, but an early director of the organization. Thanks for the info, Margaret. I wasn't able to find a lot of info in English and I'm not having a good Spanish day.

Now I'm curious as to whether there are also privately-owned pawnshops in Mexico.
 

Just of follow up on what Julie said. Fernando did just work his way around it. He told everyone that he found the bag (wouldn't say where - changed the subject) and knew that Alicia would want it back, so he returned it. Just like Julie said, he kind of finessed his way out of it.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder