Wednesday, November 29, 2006

"La Fea Mas Bella" theme song translated into English

It's been driving me crazy that I couldn't catch the words of this song so during the commercials I looked it up and did a quick translation which, as you see, could use some work. Anybody who wants to suggest better phrasing, please do!

"La fea más bella" sung by Bacilos

Detrás de tus gafas sé que hay algo más
hay una mirada que me hace pensar
que eres una estrella a punto de brillar
le escondes al mundo lo que puedes dar

Pero te sientes tan fea y no te das una oportunidad
deja que se deja
no escondas lo linda que eres de verdad
te sientes tan fea que sólo en tus sueños te atreves a amar

Ya no lo pienses más y deja de soñar
mejor abre la puerta de la felicidad
ya no lo pienses más decídete a volar
eres la fea más bella y no te has dado cuenta
que cada día te quiero más

Todo el mundo es bueno para criticar en la
superficie todo es ideal
pero poca gente como tú es inteligente
especial y diferente a las demás

Behind your glasses I know there's something more
There is an image that makes me think
That you are a star about to shine
you hide from the world what you can give

But you feel so ugly and you don't give yourself a chance
Let go, let yourself go
don't hide the beautiful woman you really are
you feel so ugly that only in your dreams do you dare to love

Don't think any more about it, stop dreaming,
Better you should open the door of happiness
Don't think any more, decide to fly
You are the ugly woman who is the most beautiful and you haven't noticed
that every day I love you more

All the world is good to criticize in the
superficial everything is perfect
but few people like you are intelligent
special and different from the others

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for the translation. I feel like I know this song (at least phonetically) by heart, but have always wondered what it is saying.
 

Absolutely wonderful! Nice job.
 

Wow, that is an awesome song. Thanks so much for all your hard work! It is greatly appreciated!
 

I've been wondering about the lyrics, and I really appreciate this; thank you!
 

Thank you for the translation..It's very much appreciated..I have the CD of all the music from the show and love it..It's sold on Amazon..Regards..Maureen
 

Thanks you, Melinama. Every night I wonder what this song is saying.

Connie
 

Thanks for translating this. Does anyone know if there is an English translation for the song played at the end of the show?
 

Thanks for posting the Spanish lyrics too. I cannot understand them even after listening for months. I can catch a word here and there. (I have the same problem with songs sung in English too!)
 

Me too. That's why I love closed captions so much! (Except they usually don't show them for the theme music.)
 

Thanks for translating! However, isn't "una mirada" a look, not an image?
 

is this the song played at the end of the show where lety is singing to fernando?? if so what part of the song does she sing to him?
 

thank you for translating UR A STAR!!!
I LOVE THIS SHOWWWWW SOOOOO MUCHH
:)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder