Thursday, November 30, 2006

La Fea Más Bella #156 11/29/06 Geek v Galan and a bed full of Feas

The cuartel is caring for Irma at her house with Luigi (who with this health crisis suddenly found appreciation for someone other than himself-well maybe)…Fern calls to check on Irma, uh, Lety, and asks if she is there, and then if her boyfriend is there. Luigi remarks whether Fer is asking about Irma’s state or trying to get gossip. Irma says yes he’s waiting outside. Fern tells her to get well and hangs up. Lety asks what he wanted. Irma says just for her to feel better. Irma says Tomas should come up. Lety says no, he’s timid, Luigi says that everyone with a sports car isn’t a prince, and the cuartel makes a few comments. Lety probably worrying that he might show up there, thinks to herself that Fer wouldn’t blow his parents off tonight. He doesn’t. Wait, he does. He pulls up in front of their house and tells himself how much he doesn’t want to be there, questioned about the wedding, the business, and so on. You know what, he’s not going to be here, and he drives off.

Out front of Irma’s house Tomas talks to A’s famous picture, lamenting that soon he’ll have to give her up. Our days are numbered by orders of my boss. He makes kissy face with her laminated picture. This is going to be a cruel goodbye, but what can I do. That’s life. He imagines she is crying about this. He always dreamed about their wedding photo. He says but this is a dream, and one must wake up from dreams. How horrible is reality, breaking all of my illusions. Is he really crying over that chick? Please…. He says it’s a pity that he can’t really help her. The money is Filmo Imagen’s. I know you only love me for the 50000 pesos. I promised Lety I wouldn’t give you the money. She’s really my true friend. If it were up to me I’d give it to you with all my heart, but the heart isn’t good enough in this case. I could end up disfigured if I double cross Lety. Can you imagine that with this figure that I already have? I think he is admiring himself. Anyway…

Alicia talks to her dad on the phone again and then to her stomach. She tells her father things are going well and that Tomas is going to help her, she won’t lose her car for anything in the world. She’s on a diet. Does anyone have insight into why she shares all this with her Dad, and why he can’t help? I assume he’s poor, but why would she share these manipulations with him?


Simon brings the medicine. Luigi makes sure that the “messenger dove” brought exactly the right ones on the prescription. Luigi is also going to make a holistic treatment with Chamomile and medicinal herbs.

The cuartel makes fun of Marta’s problem with her stomach, that she’s not there because of a related issue. Juana kids that she saw her woofing down a huge bag of peanuts. Simon enters serenading and brings Irma a red apple as a gift. She tells him to relax and sit down. All of a sudden everyone wants to pile in bed with Irma. Ok, this is a bit odd, I must say, but definitely funny. Luigi wonders what the heck when he gets back.

Tomas is still waiting out front but worrying that he’ll miss his last night with Alicia, novia mia. He sets off the car alarm, Just then Fer pulls up, swiggin’ on the flask. DUI is enforced a little differently here….

Luigi tells them she needs fresh air to and to breath and they should get off, but Irma says how long it’s been since she’s had company in the house, and she exclaims how happy she is to be surrounded by all these people who care about her, her true friends. Luigi tells her that she shouldn’t eat the apple, so Simon eats the apple because he’s poor and the poor are always hungry.



The cuartel begs Luigi to join in the bed fun. So finally he jumps on only because Irma asks him, Juana climbs on top of him. He tells them not to touch him, but not in a super nasty way. He remembers he came to give the medicine and tells her to drink a lot of water with it. The bed clan makes the glug, glug, glug, sound as Irma drink the water.

Out front Fer is yelling at Marcia again on the phone regarding his whereabouts. He hangs up and he walks up to Mora in the car, who shys away from Fer pretending to retrieve something from the glove compartment. Dirty looks abound. Fer continues toward the door and rings the bell.

Simon opens the door and Fer gives him a huge drunk guy hug. Why are you here? Why are you here? For Irma of course. Simon thinks he looks like he’s ready to party and there is some dancing. Where’s Leticia? In the bedroom. The cuartel is talking. I- What’s going to happen to the Cannes Celebration? L- Don’t worry. It’s my problem. Fer enters the room. Everyone is impactado and the bed-fest ends instantly. Fer immediately sits on the bed; Luigi makes fun. Fer chastises him that it’s all his fault she’s laid up anyway. Fer asks for a whiskey. Luigi makes fun that he doesn’t pay her enough to have whiskey, etc. Lety gets up to leave. Luigi tells her not to dare kiss him goodbye. Fer gets up to leave. Simon dances with him again. Luigi remarks how weird Fer is.

Lety runs to Tomas fast and wants to leave right away. Doh! Fer catches her and doesn’t let her leave. Tomas yells about Fer closing the car door. Fer strong arms her into his car that she is going with him. Lety tells him he’s crazy. He tells to leave this idiot to go with her to talk. She tells him Tomas picked her up to bring her here and he’s waiting for her, so she’s going with him. Tomas begins to defend her, he wants to get out but is stuck by the seat belt for awhile. Tomas continues yelling saying this guy wants to start trouble with him. T finally gets out and tells him to leave her alone. Fer professes his love for Lety and begs her to come with him. Tomas yells more. Fer starts yelling back that T is an imbecile and that he’ll get a big whooping if he doesn’t shut up and get in the car, and he means your car that’s really his car not his car that’s his car, animal. Tomas keeps yelling that Fer will respect him and Lety too. Fer puts him in his car. F- Stupid, this is between me and her and you have nothing to do with it so get in your car. He struggles back. Lety becomes a ping pong ball. Que???????? What did he say?????? Tomas doesn’t know how to handle anger and words at the same time and he studders through all of it. If you understood his sentence, feel free to share.

Fer stands in front of the car and insists that she stays. Tomas tells him he’s asking for problems with me. Lety tells Fer it’s best if he just leaves. Fer discloses his problem with Tomas is that he is abusive, shameless, and a delinquent. You are driving around in a car that isn’t yours. The fortune is not yours. And you are taking advantage of Lety. Fer tells her to shut up because he knows everything, EVERYTHING. Lety looks at him bewildered.

Merriment in Irma’s bedroom. Luigi says that only Irma can boss him around. So Irma asks Luigi to put warm water in her heater.

Tomas fights back and says no…Mundiola we bought this car with money from our company, FI, it’s money from my brain because I worked for it every day. You didn’t do anything. F- Oh yeah nothing more that my 90 million dollars of capital. T- Said that money has come back already in all the bills we’ve paid for Conceptos. Fer tells him to keep his money he just wants Lety and he grabs her. Lety says no you are very drunk. F- Yes, but I know what I’m saying. He’s going with you because of the money of FI, he’s exploiting this. Lety tells T to stop and get in the car. T is having none of that and keeps on insulting Fer. You aren’t getting Lety, now she has someone to stick up for her against jerks like you. F- Oh great, now we have a hero. A hero with a superhero sports car. T- Don’t you provoke me. L- T calm down. F- Ah, bring it on. T takes his tie off and make fists. He strikes and misses a few time, then POW!!! He gets him in the kisser! They go back and forth with punches. Lety keeps yelling for them to stop. Tomas ends up laying on the ground bleeding. Lety finally stops Fer and he starts crying that he loves her and he’s going crazy.

Back up in the room, more chaos, Irma says shut up, one more word and I’ll leave my own house. It stays quiet enough for them to hear T and F yelling outside. The cuartel wonders if it’s always like this. Irma says no. Luigi sees who it is and is pretty upset. Tomas isn’t staying down he’s up for more punches. The cuartel discovers it’s Fer and Tomas and they run downstairs. There is much yelling throughout. Simon gets in the middle, then quickly gets out, then back in, no, out. Time for Lety to take charge. SHE WACKS FER RIGHT ACROSS THE FACE, HARD!!!!! That shut everyone up!!!! Even me!!!

Back upstairs, the latest scream and following silence troubles Irma and Luigi. Luigi tells Irma he doesn’t want to leave her alone but he just can’t miss this gossip so he has to go down. He goes out front. He surveys the scene. Very sarcastically he starts his shame on you speech. Luigi -My God, what’s going on here? You couldn’t even be quiet? Have we stopped this scandal finally? Very nice, Don Fernando Mendiola. The distinguished president of Conceptos has come here, and raised a raucous besides. Of course it’s not important at all to this gentleman if he disturbs the peace of a sick woman at her home, nor that of her neighbors. Such lack of respect! The head of Conceptos! Lety asks Luigi to beg forgiveness from Irmita on her behalf. Luigi: I don’t believe that’s enough, essentially there's no excuse for such behavior. He looks at Tomas, oh my god, you’ve turned him into Santo Christo, he looks like a beast!!! Tomas screams this isn’t over Mendiola, I’ll get you! Luigi: Ok Everyone inside, now! Come on inside! Lety puts T in the car and drives off. Sara says good night and Simon apologizes to Fer, but he says he did it for Fer’s own good. Fer stands desolute seemingly taking a mental check of what all just happened.

L and T are driving in the squiggle mobile and Lety exclaims that she just doesn’t believe any of Fer’s antics. She’s convinced he’s really only concerned about the money spent on the car, and that all he wants is his damned convincing balance. T thinks he’s crazy. What a spectacle. L- Says yeah, and we were caught in front of everyone. T thinks that’s ok, because that guy could have killed him! Well, I’d have killed him after. She says after your dead? Yeah…he was crazy. She’s glad she hit him. He deserved it. I’m never going to forgive him. T- Me neither.- Tomorrow I’ll go to Conceptos and wait for him to leave, he’s not going to get away with this. You’ll see I’ll be prepared this time. Lety tells him to cut it out. T- What, I’m not chicken, I’m going to fight. Every time I see him I’m going to wonder about hitting him. Remember what happened to me in school.

The cuartel speculates as to what happened. Luigi says something about he’ll fight with his own shadow. Juana astutely says if Fer was fighting with Lety’s boyfriend it must be for a reason. Luigi makes fun of Tomas, essentially that he has a false sense of attractiveness. PM thinks, no, he must have some attraction. Luigi responds that if you get rid of the car, what is he? Nothing. Irma tells everyone not to mention a word tomorrow in the office because it could lead to misunderstandings. Nobody is happy about that. Luigi says that’s robbing him of gossip pleasure. Lola says besides they need to find out what really happened. Luigi says when you do, you must tell me.

Back in the squiggle, Lety says,”That’s why I want the balance tomorrow.” She asks him about the 50 000 pesos. He breathes harder into the bag of ice he has. Tomas’s phone rings. Lety realizes it’s La Oxi and asks if he is seeing her again. He says he can’t help it, she’s crazy for him. She realizes that’s what the money was for.


Things turn serious in the bedroom. Irma talks about her eldest son and how he never accepted the father abandoned them. He was mad and 18 years ago he walked to the States and ended up in Los Angeles. He calls her every 15 days.

Tomas finally is allowed to answer his phone in his radio voice. A wants to know if he’s coming. Some guys wanted to fight with him, because they were envious of him. Yes, there are things she doesn’t know about him. A- Are you really hurt? He tells her he’s injured. He tells her he’s really injured, but not as bad as the guys he beat up. He’s not going to the hospital because he’s a lion, this is a trifle thing to him. Lety honks the horn loudly. Get rid of those cows!!!! A asks him to come over and she’ll fix him up. Tomas tells his wowo he’ll come to her house to get taken care of. She tells him to bring his checkbook. Well, she at least hung up first so he didn’t hear it.


Marcia calls again. Fer is yelling at Marcia again, yes he’s mad, he doesn’t want to go to his parent’s house. Yes, he’s been drinking. If you want call me in 15 minutes at my house I’ll be there, but otherwise leave me alone!!!!!! He asks himself what did he do. He’s out of control, he’s surprised at his own behavior. This damned jealousness is making him nuts. More swigs from the flask. Is the moment of truth upon us???

Since misery loves company, just wanted to share that today is my birthday, and a milestone one at that, so thanks Televisa for giving me this fist fight present! Sock it to him Lety!! Hope you all enjoyed!!!

Labels:


Comments:
Happy birthday!

Man, I KNOW Tomas was about to say, "Oh yeah??? Well YOU tricked Lety by seducing her to secure your company!" So close! Then it all would have been out on the table...

I feel like they're really trying to make us dislike Fer...and for me it's ALMOST working, but I know he's not really that much of a jerk when he's sober and not being driven crazy. Of course he brought this all on himself.

Can anybody explain Don Luigi's infamous "minisqui" do me?
 

What an exciting episode. Fern has fallen so far. He is totally unable to reconcile the messes in his life. He's thrashing away and the train is coming closer and closer. He's alienated Lety more than I thought he ever could, he yells at Marcia (if I were Marcia, and my groom refused to come home for dinner with me and his parents the day they came back from a foreign country, I'd figure there were serious problems), he drinks and drives! He does everything but face his problem!
 

This was truly the most exciting episode. Fern was as shocked as I was when Lety slapped him. He deserved it. The Big Meeting should really be very interesting.

I still think that Ariel saw Fern & Lety at the resort. I think he is just waiting for the right time to let Fern or Lety know. Especially now that he knows that Lety owns Filmo Imag.
I can't wait for the next episode. The recapping is great. Now I don't have to rely on my spanish speaking co workers to keep me informed. Sometimes they miss the show so I don't get a translation. Thanks again.
 

Feliz cumpleanos! You did a Fantastic job with this-especially with all of the insulting language and antics going on throughout the entire episode! Hope you have a GREAT birthday and know that your efforts have been a Wonderful gift to US!! (Don't worry about it being a "milestone year" for you- remember "Everyday above ground'" is a good one", right)? lol.
 

Thanks so much K! Happy Birthday from one who's had more than one milestone herself!
Can you tell me what Luigi said to Fernando outside when he was giving his "shame on you" lecture?
Carrie L.
 

Happy Birthday! And thanks for the most excellent recap. I think Fern was stunned as much by his own behavior, as he was by Lety's slap - which was totally necessary, he had it coming and the situation wasn't going to diffusing itself. Wake up, honey, you've got some maturing to do! I think he will, though I think it will probably still be a torturous process. I also felt sorry for Lety/Angelica for being the human ping-pong ball between the two of them. I wonder how many takes they had to do of that scene? She must have been black & blue by the end.
 

Dang, I hate typos - I meant "diffuse itself".
 

Happy Birthday!! My birthday is today, so I'm wondering what kind of episode it will be tonite! Many thanks to all of the recappers - you do an awesome job!!
 

Happy Birthday! I think Fernando was really hurt by Lety's slap. It will make him think. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that Fernando is going to take this as the final sign that gets through to him and convices him that Lety really doesn't want him or love him anymore. As a result, he might go through with his wedding to Marcia out of despair and the feeling that he might as well because Lety doesn't want him anyway. That will just kill me if he does. I wasn't really mad at Fernando for the fight because he was just trying to get Lety into his car. Tomas really instigated the fight if you remember. Fernando is hurt and confused and angry. Also, this is probably the first time in his life that a woman has rejected him. Additionally, since this is a woman he loves he is on totally unfamiliar territory. The rug has been yanked out from under his feet. Also the alcohol is totally clouding his judgment. Poor Fernando.

Connie
 

Happy, happy birthday. I hope you get spoiled by all your family and friends.

Thanks for the great recap. I was impactada watching it last night. Fern was completely out of control and he was looking for a fight. I give it to Tomas to stand up to him. And poor Lety being man-handled by both of them as if she was a piece of luggage. Really, both Fern and ole Tommie-boy need lessons on how to treat a woman--even when they very angry.

I hate seeing how messy everything has become and all the anger, suspicion, and hurt that all the main characters now feel. I am dreading the upcoming board meeting. I thought in the subtitles I read Lety saying she plans to quit. I am thinking that with everything that has happen it would be impossible to stay.

Nail biting time.
 

Poor Fernando is right..I know payback's a bitch,but there's a point to lighten up on the guy,but if you go on YOUTUBE.COM,it seems punishment has just begun for Don Fernando..I'd much rather see Omar & others take a long walk off a short pier,but Fern is in the midst of his own internal "hell".Give him a break..Being "hooked" to Marcia with that pink eyeshadow, should be enough punishment for any man.HAPPY BIRTHDAY..Regards..Mo
 

K, feliz cumpleanos. I agree with Connie and Mo. I was literally on the end of my chair (well, sofa) during that fight scene. The hurt on his face was so convincing. He doesn't recognize himself - usually the sophisticate, smooth, man about town - who has turned into a raving lunatic. When he held his face after Lety slapped him, I felt so bad for him I had to seek comfort from my little chihuahua, Carmen. However, I guess I was hugging her a bit too hard because she started to protest. She was probably thinking "for God's sake, it's just a TV show." Sandy
 

Did anyone catch the funny comment Luigi made about Jaime Camil?
 

There's no question that Fernando has made some big mistakes so far in his life (Many of us have!) but he is, after all, in a very impossible position with ths history of his early life, pressure of parents and obsessively jealous girlfriend, the company, not understanding that Lety knows about the famous plan--and WORST OF ALL, receiving all that miserable advice from his IDIOT friend, Omar. As far as I am concerned, he never ever wanted to hurt Lety, even at the beginning. Oh well, you can see that it is hard for me to dislike Fer and I doubt I ever will cuz he has basically been respectful and kind to everyone at Conceptos. That's why they all love him.
 

I'm with Connie also. I could see that Fern was both terribly shocked when Letty hit him and also hurt. You could see it with the tears in his eyes. He has made his own painful bed but this being a novela he will learn from it and become a better human being. I'm also worried about him marrying Marcia out of shear stupidity and cowardice but on the other hand she may finally get sick of his antics and call off the wedding herself. I just don't know what to do tonight with one VCR and Survivor, La Fea and Betty all on at the same time. jthe loser, I just can't miss the BIG MEETING and the fall out from the FIGHT.
 

if you have a computer you can watch American Betty on abc.com
 

Have a super-happy birthday! My mom and I cracked up when Luigi was telling the cuartel that Tomas is not a big deal, he's not famous or anything, "it's not like he's Jaime Camil for goodness sake"!

As for his continual refereces to 'mimisqui,' I happened to ask my mom about it a couple of days ago. She thinks it's a made-up word meaning stroke or heart-attack. I guess I would liken it to Fred Sanford grabbing his chest and yelling 'this is the big one!"
 

Hey thanks for the wishes, and happy birthday back to the one who's is today!! I see a couple requests for more on the Luigi "shame on all of you" scene, so when I get home I'll review it and supplement with more details...check back for sure!!! Thanks!
 

Happy Birthday and thanks for your recap. We all know Fern is in big trouble, which was brought on by his own actions, but when his eyes well up in tears, I can't beleive how strong Lety is in not giving in to him.

I loved the scene when everyone got on to Irmita's bed to comfort her. I actually thought it was touching. I love the closeness of the cuartel.
 

FYI - supplement posted...
 

Yes, caught the comment about Jaime Camil..Did "all" forget about the Cristina taping,or am I the only one who lives in Florida and close enough to go? Maureen
 

Primera, Feliz cumpleanos!!! Segunda, muchas gracias por the recap!! This was an episode not to be missed--a VERY exciting episode!! I am uncomfortable with Fer's incessant drinking. But I still love him because it's clear his situaton with Lety has driven him crazy. He is truly in love with her and it is killing him that she won't talk to him. Yes, it is HIS fault that he's in this mess but it's besides the point. I still say Fer should break up with Marcia then kidnap Lety and work this whole thing out.
Tomas however was frustrating me to no end. I was so happy when Lety told him to shut up!!!
 

Happy birthday, Kris. My birthday, too.. Is it significant that Sagitarians are 'ruling today'? Is it THE DAY for Fea aficionados? When Luigi was in the bed with Irmita and the feas, he was the five-year-old Luigi happy to be in bed with 'Mom'(Irmita) if only for a minute. Also, when any of the cuartel kisses him NOW, he seems to be saying. "Stop it, I love it". Do we see a little ambivalence here?
 

Happy Birthday K! You're an angel for doing the recap on your big day!
 

Yes, Happy Birthday and I agree with Amanda, you are an angel to give so much time to such a thorough recap. This was a riveting episode. I was actually proud of Tomas for sticking up for Lety and himself the way he did, even though the fight made me nervous.

A thought on La Oxi and why she always tells her father all her grief: someone probably gave her a quarter and told her to call someone who cares. She calls Papi because he has to listen to her (though if I whined like her, my Dad would give me a quarter and....smile).

Jeanne, the one who works with deaf kids
 

How sad is it that the President of Conceptos was reduced to sitting on the curb of the street with a flask of whiskey. You can't get much lower than that.
 

Happy birthday, Kris! I'll have you know that TODAY is MY birthday!!

Annoyingly, I missed the fight scene!!! I'm sure it is on YouTube somewhere...
 

So, what was Tomas talking about with "what happened in school"? That must have been covered very early in the series.

I don't really get Alicia's relationship with Papi either, but it's clearly symbiotic (he calls her as often as she calls him) and dysfunctional. I don't know how old she was when her mother died, but the way he was urging her to pawn her jewels a few months ago, I have to wonder if he hated his wife!

For various reasons, I have a feeling that Alicia's father is probably living in a shack, and that he gets some twisted satisfaction out of seeing Alicia suffer. Since we never hear his side of the conversation, it's hard to say, but he probably makes fun of her and she doesn't realize it. ;)

I got a kick out of her tomato-and-celery sandwich. I don't think she's dieting for her figure. I think she's dieting for her wallet. :)
 

FELIZ CUMPLEANOS, Kris! I think being able to watch LA FEA on one's birthday is actually a gift!
For me, it is nightly therapy---a lot cheaper than a shrink. Carole
 

I never get the impression her father calls her. All we see is her talking to him. In the beginning of the show, I got the impression that her father did not have much sympathy for her and just kept suggesting that she sell the jewelry--that he had no intention of helping her out---not necessarily because he had no money but because he didn't approve of her ridiculous "champagne-taste on a beer budget"
 

Maureen. I, too love the idea of a group of us meeting in Miami and going to the FEA Cristina show. Perhaps you could call and tell them about our group of obesionadas and see if they wouldn't be willing to send us a gorup of tickets---although would they know the exact date at this point and would they be willing to tell anyone? I am also happy to try and call.....let me know--or is there anyone out there with some pull at Univision? Carole
 

oops-typo: I meant obsesionadas!
 

Carole, I'll call Cristina's show today for details..

If you'd be so kind,please use my business email address for correspondence on this,then you can share with whomoever.Business email is:MHINTLFREIGHT@YAHOO.COM

Thanks again..Maureen,Ft. Myers
 

The 2011 discussion page for Caps 155 and 156 is at this link.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder