Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Fern's pretty speech from Monday night...

... as promised.

Omar: "Is it so horrible to have to marry Marcia?" Fern: "Yes, because I don't love her." "Well we've known that for a long time and nonetheless until now you've been inclined to go through with it, what's changed?" "We fight all day, we don't have sex, she's been calling me, persecuting me, hassling me. I don't want to make this useless sacrifice, Omar. I can't drag Marcia into a hellish life neither of us deserves."

Omar: "Why are you so determined to cancel?" "Because I LOVE LETY." Omar starts to laugh and mock, and Fern roars: "This is exactly why I never told you. Listen carefully. I LOVE Letitia Padilla Solis with all my strength, Carvajal - that woman loves me. I'm special to her. That little game of seduction - kiss her, make love to her - I fell into my own snare, I fell in love. Carvajal, I've known it for a long time now and guess what? I don't regret it in the slightest. On the contrary - she makes me happy. I want to start all over from zero with her, have a clean beginning. Understand? Can you understand? I can't spend the rest of my life having a hidden relationship with Lety, the woman I love."

Carvajal says Marcia hates Lety, Ariel abhors her and vomit is mentioned. There would be no worse insult than to dump Marcia for Lety. "They'll pulverize us, they'll decapitate us, is that what you want?"

Fern: "You're my best friend, what do you think? Should I sacrifice my entire life? How about my happiness, doesn't it matter?"

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for the translation. I am so glad he finally 'fessed up to Omar. I think telling someone (even Omar) is his first step toward making ammends for what he has done thus far. If only Lety could have heard this part of the conversation (sigh!). Oh well, I must remember they have to have plot devices to keep the novela going.
 

Fabulous recap on the speech, Melinama. I missed the reference to falling into his own snare (missed the word for snare/trap). Omar is really sleazy.

IMO, Jaime Camil did a compelling job of describing how much he loves Lety. Omar just chooses not to believe he could possibly mean this.

Jeanne
 

i don't usually watch this novela but that speech part was very good. jaime camil gets my respect for that; he did an excellent job at convincing all of us how unhappy he is with marcia and how much he desires to be with lety. melinama, thanks for taking extra time to post this for us!
 

Thanks SO much for posting the English translation!!! I was able to understand some of it but I'm glad I was about to read all of it in English!!! It's times like these that I LOVE Fer SOOOO much!! Thanks again!!
 

Thanks, Melinama. It's wonderful to have this translation. I can hardly bear to watch tonight when Fernando is going to feel so betrayed after all this.

Torture.

Connie
 

Omar isn't that sleazy, well okay he is, but he is just so hawt...Omar has no point of reference for which Fernando speaks. Women are all the same to Omar, the better looking the better. Women are just an accessory, to use and to make you look good.

PS Omar I still think you are just misunderstood...Ha Ha Ha
 

Oh, Fernandito, why can't you be as smart as you are pretty? Why didn't you come clean with Lety weeks ago and try to make amends then? I know, I know...the show would end sooner. Dang!

Thanks so much, Melinama. I'll just try to reconstitute myself now after melting into a puddle.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder