Thursday, December 21, 2006

La Fea Más Bella #171 12/20/06 Saimon gets in touch with his feminine side, Fer broods, Irma assists, Luigi snips, Caro yells, and Lety dies drowning...

...but is revived at the hands of one sexy fisherman with a great Argentinian accent - love him!

Oh, I missed putting this last part in the title? ;) Gotcha...

Whoops, forgot to mention earlier the new intro...hmm...It's nice to see something different. It's almost like a completely new novela now, just the same old characters. Well, thank goodness for that as we love them so much! Best of both worlds, really. I'm always bummed out when one ends and a new one begins because I'll miss the cast, but I like to see new locations, and we don't have this problem here. And yeah, the intro does seem to lay out a road map for what's coming up and spoils it for us, but alas, we're stuck I guess.

********

Rafael is in bed Irma is asking him if he feels better, he said yes, my blood pressure just went up and that’s why I passed out. She tells him to rest.

Luigi says he’s going to need a double dose of cuddles from his Rulli so he can get rid of the impression he got when the light when on (he must be referring to seeing Rafael on the floor). Irma says he’s sleeping now so, Luigi you can go. He says he’s not going until he learns the gossip. She tells him that Rafael has been here for a few days and now that she knows he’s dying, and he passed out, she can’t kick him out. Luigi says so he’s in his final days. You have to tell me everything. I imagine this is your husband that left you. Yes, he is. She says, look you don’t really care about the gossip, you just want to stay with me, huh, thank you. Luigi smiles.

Lety is telling her mother on the phone that she just wants to go home. J- asks her if she is going to resign from her work. L says this isn’t her work. Tomas asks to speak with her. He asks her if she has sun-tanned and if she’s black now. She tells him she has barely even been out in the sun, and she hasn’t even swam in the ocean. The waves have only touched her feet. Tomas thinks that a good thing because that way the sharks won’t get agitated. He wants her to put in a good word for him with all the beauty queens and she tells him she’s not going to because she’s coming home tomorrow. Tomorrow? Tomas is impactado.

Lety goes to Carolina’s room. L-I’m sorry to bother you so late, but I want to go back to the City. Caro is impactada. L-This isn’t working, I’m not the person for this kind of work. Caro says she’ll decide that. We just got here! She admits that she brought her to get her away from all the Conceptos crap. Lety knows and appreciates this but she feels so out of place. The events need someone like you who can take charge and dominate everything. C-Who told you that you couldn’t adapt to this other kind of work. L- I told myself. I can’t be with these people and in this place obviously. C- That’s because you don’t want to, but nobody has rejected you here Lety, on the contrary. L- I WANT TO GO. Caro says ok. I guess you were right when you told me that I didn’t know that you were betraying me. Go pack your things and I’ll take you to the airport, she yells!

Luigi has stayed all night, and at breakfast tells Irma he can’t believe that Rafael returned after all these years. What a story. Irma says of all the conversations that they had since he came back he never told me he was so bad off, as to be dying and I treated him so badly. L-Well maybe he didn’t come looking for compassion, just for your pardon, or your love. She wonders what to do about him. Luigi tells her she essentially has some choices. Let him leave and be alone which would be cruel, or call the police and tell them a stranger has moved in, which would be about as cruel or….Irma interjects or I could have mercy on him and let him stay and die with dignity even though he caused us all to suffer so much. Luigi says that she knows what she’s doing. He then gets up and realizes that they need to get going. She feels bad that she wasted his time. He essentially tells her that he wouldn’t have left her alone all night here. He helps her clear the dishes and tells her she needs to stay healthy to resolve all of this. I will be very attentive to you. You just scream for me, no matter what you need.

Back in Acapulco Lety is writing FERNANDO in the sand and she finds a ring. She thinks she’ll marry the ocean then. I wanted to go home but instead I’m writing your name so I can forget you. She speaks the vows, and declares the husband the sea and herself the wife. She realizes that she better feel the sea since she just married it. So she starts walking towards it debating how far she should go in. She said she couldn’t go home without saying goodbye to ocean, after all they are married. Then she gets her shoes wet so she decides to just keep going in, saying how wonderful it is the whole way. She says she really like it, she’s about waist deep now. Very naïvely all of a sudden she says uh oh, here comes a wave, here comes a wave, then boom, she ducks under the water. Back in the City, Don Fer wakes up and screams LETY! He wonders where she is.

We then flash to the cuartel and Saimon at work, Marta is back and she’s breathing heavy. She wants to know what happened. PM recaps. So they speculate as to why Lety isn’t working here any more. Juanita, again as astute as ever, wonders what Lety has to do with the cancellation of the wedding. Lola assumes it’s because of an infidelity of Fer. Simon was at his computer class for one day and he couldn’t believe that all this happened while he was gone. He can’t believe that Don Fer isn’t president anymore.


Back in the ocean Lety is flailing about in the white wash, and a man with a white strapped mask swims in to save her. He pulls her out of the waves, but the mask is now missing. Hmm…..my reception isn’t that great, but I didn’t see him take it off…..nor is it in his hand, can anyone else confirm? Well, we finally see the masked man’s face at least, though I had no problem what so ever looking at his back side, even if he was in cut offs…:)

Back at Irma’s house she asks Rafael if he’s seen a doctor and he said yes, the one that wrote the prescription for high blood pressure. Irma tells him to take a bath and she’ll make breakfast and go with him to see a doctor. He tells her not to trouble herself over him. I’m sure this might anger some people, but I think I’d end up doing the same thing after all that time too, I'm just not that mean.

Back at Conceptos the conversation continues, Simon wonders who will be president now, and they tell him Humberto, they continue gossiping about this including that if they kicked him out of the presidency he must have screwed something up with the business just as Don Fer walks up behind them, so they pretend they are talking about a telenovela instead of his life. He doesn’t look like he buys it, but he humors them to ask if any of the ladies have seen Lety. They all answer including Saimon. Don Fer remarks that he said ladies, not men, but ok, he guesses Saimon is part of the cuartel too. Saimon says yes, and no he hasn’t seen her. Sara tells him that they called her house but were told she went out of the City, and Robopop wouldn’t tell them where, and scolded them not to keep calling. Fer says that if she calls anyone of them that they should pass her call along to him and they should let him know if they find out where she is. They agree.

Just then Abitchita shows up and says good morning. Don Fer says better to say good night considering how late you’ve arrived. She wants to speak with him in private. He wants to know what she wants. She tells him since he’s not the president any more, nor is he her boss, he can’t yell at her anymore. Now Don Humberto is the new president so she answers to him. Don Fer takes the opportunity to remind her that Humb isn’t a new president since he was president before; he’s only reclaimed the presidency. And too, unfortunately for her, Fer is still a shareholder and in the organizational chart, the shareholder is above a secretary. Above, below, above, below. So you see, I can yell at you anytime I please. She tells him he’s a shareholder of what, nothing since he encumbered the entire business. She’s not that ignorant, she had six semesters…….yeah, yeah, yeah. This pisses him off and he tells her that she is vile, gossipy, and capable of doing whatever it takes to get her things, even if she doesn’t end up getting them. She silently storms off. He says she’s gone now, and even though I’m no longer president, don’t you think you all should get to work?

Rafael is surprised that Irma will help him, she says she’s not doing anything she wouldn’t do for anyone else in the same position. He said even for the father of your children. She says we’ll talk about that another time. He said if you really want to help me can I stay here for a little while? Just a little while? She says she’s leaving for work now, but she is leaving the key with the neighbor and she can advise me if you aren’t feeling well.

Back at Conceptos Saimon and Fer have a heart to heart. Saimon tells Fer he’s sorry about the committee’s decision, and that as far as he’s concerned Fer is still president and he won’t recognize him any other way. Even though he’s never said it before he tells Fer he is his idol and he cares for him a lot. Fer too, but he is worried about how he will treat the new president. Saimon says don’t worry a man’s loyalty isn’t divided, rather it multiplies so his heart is big enough to have room for two strong great presidents. Fer - I don’t even have a badge, so I probably won’t even need to ask you for anything, but surely now my father will ask you to deliver things. Saimon said, well he’ll still carry Fer in his heart. Fer thanks him and PM is touched by this display. I’m sure he scored points with both.

We go back to el Mar where the mask appears again at the neck of the savior as he carries Lety out of the ocean. He lays her on the sand and begins CPR. She doesn’t react….

Fer is now in his office telling himself how awful he feels inside that this isn’t his office nor is Lety here.

Back to el Mar. She’s not reacting, …oh, wait, she does, she spits water in her savior’s face, how gracious. The savior thanks the sea for returning her with life. He asks her if she is ok, and tells her to breathe, he gives her a hug and tells her to thank the sea. She finally speaks and asks after her glasses. He thinks no, they are probably the toll she’s going to pay the ocean for giving her back safe and sound. She says she needs them or she can’t see anything. He said not me? She says no. He said try mine, he holds up the mask to her face, she says that’s not funny and she still can’t see. He says ok, nevermind then, come on let’s go sit down on the boat, and keep breathing. He tells her to calm down and that she’s walking kind of funny. She says she’s still dizzy. He starts to take off her shoes and she gets freaked out. He tells her to calm down and take off her stockings and he turns around so as not to look, but he tells her to hurry up. She gives them to him. He said he could try to look for her glasses but it’s very difficult and he can’t guarantee anything. She begs him please to look for them. He tells her he thinks it’s incredible that she’s so worried about her glasses when she should be thankful for having her life. You are alive! She says yeah my heart is beating, huh. He says and really strongly too. It’s very beautiful. I was listening, like little watch ticks. He tells her to look at it this way. You have been given another chance to continue enjoying life and to be happy, to keep fighting, suffering… Take advantage of that and be happy. I don’t understand what suffering has to do with being happy.


Life and suffering walk hand in hand. Sometimes to suffer is to learn a lesson. That way you can value life much more. She’s says you’ll really end up swimming around to look for my glasses? He says no. She implores him that they are a part of her life, that without them she can’t see a thing. He tells her there are other ways to see, not just with your eyes, but also with your body. She tells him she has to do something very important and she’ll be right back. While she is gone, he wonders what she wrote in the dirt and he sees that it’s FERNANDO.

She thinks she sees Caro up at the cabana and in fact Caro is there on the phone asking a coworker to find her another assistant. Lety walks up to her and tells her she was going to drown but a man saved her and right now he’s looking for her glasses and she’s glad to be alive and she asks to leave her sweater to dry and she decided to now stay and continue working for Caro. Caro tells her this isn’t a game. Lety says she knows and the guy that pulled me out of the ocean made me think, he made me think about myself, that I should value my life… Caro asks her if he gave her permission to live? She says she doesn’t know, doesn’t know, doesn’t know, but I also want to say that the hardworking and responsible Lety that you brought to Acapulco, well, you need me, and I’m going to do as I promised. Caro asks her how sarcastically, if these aren’t her people or her kind of place. Lety says Conceptos wasn’t either but she tolerated them for a pretty long while.

At Conceptos Luigi in a Target commercial copy cat shirt (Big multicolorful pseudo bull’s-eyes) waltzes in to ask if anyone has heard anything from Irmita. Fernando sees him and says he’s heard about Ricky’s commercial request and asks if he’s started on the lemon soda campaign yet. Luigi blows him off and says he’s worried because he called Irma and she didn’t answer and he wonders if anyone heard him ask about Irma. Fer tells him he’s talking to him, and wants to know about the project. Luigi says oh did this young man just say something to me? Fer says yes this young man wants to know about the lemon soda project. Luigi replies that this information is confidential and he can only discuss it with the president.

Back in Aca. Lety says she can’t fail her nor abandon her. You trusted me. Caro tells her that her problem is not that she feels out of place. You always felt out of place. There’s really no difference between here and Conceptos. There were beautiful people, parties, etc. there too. Lety agrees, so then?

Caro tells her that her pain is the problem, that she hasn’t gotten over Fernando. Lety says, yes it’s like my shadow. C- take the morning off and reflect upon what all happened. Besides you almost drowned. Lety says but I didn’t, and you need me. The event is in the evening so don’t worry about it, I’ll take care of the girls until then. She tells her she’s an angel, and notes her last name. She goes to see if he’s found her glasses. Caro tells her to be careful of the waves. Lety says yes, I won’t go in now, she says she was rolling and rolling and she thinks maybe it was the shoes. Caro wonders who this man that saved her might be. She thinks it’s a signal that something positive will come out of all this.


Lety sees that the ocean took “FERNANDO” and she seems happy about this. Lety goes to look for her “Senor” she thinks he didn’t find the glasses and left already. He walks up behind her. He begs her to come see what he found. She tells herself, man, this guy is very agile and fast, always running and swimming around in the ocean and everything. He seems like a boy even at this age. The savior tells her look what I found L - oh what a wonderful lobster, congratulations. [Are there lobsters in Acapulco?] He says no, your precious glasses. I thought they were lost forever. He puts them on to see things from her point of view and asks her how he looks. She thinks he looks like a professor. She puts them on but they are so dirty she still can’t see well, but she does see that he has a beautiful smile. [Boy does he ever, I am so excited to be finally seeing him in this telenovela, he’s my favorite!!] She thanks him so much for finding them. He tells her not to thank him, instead thank life. Be thankful for life, for the one who put me here. She thanks everything. He says he would rather relieve her heart. I heard you talking about your sadness and your great pain yesterday and I want to help.

Fernando yells back at Luigi, oh what character; try not to disrespect me in front of these ladies, will you please. Is this like a sport to you acting like you are above me?
Luigi says I won’t deny I would love to be above you, but Marcia is my very good friend and I won’t go against respecting her. Fer says listen, he’s still coming to the office every day and he’ll be here for another 6 mos still supervising negotiations etc. So you’ll have to report to me whether you like it or not. Luigi says so you are going to continue insisting on this kind of work, you want me to continuing telling the hornita orrinca what’s going on? F- Lety won’t be coming back here. He tells him to stop speaking badly of Lety. Luigi trys to make a joke to the cuartel to call security because some crazy guy has come in and seems to have made themselves president. No one is playing his game and no one laughs.

Back at the beach, L-I can’t even be mad at you, for everything I listened to, you did something huge for me. He said so don’t be mad then. Ok? He said there are some places, some villages that believe when a person saves the life of another they become brothers. Their spirits become brothers. Spiritual brothers. L- how? He says well they unite as if they became one. He holds up his pendant. She thinks they are odd beliefs. She asks him to help take off the ring she found; she puts it on the other hand. She insists those beliefs are odd and have nothing to do with them here on the beach. He tells her it’s been a great pleasure to meet you. You are really a beautiful person. He walks away and she calls after him, Mister. He says, I’m Aldo. L-Good to meet you Don Aldo. A- No, just Aldo. [Thank goodness he insisted on this. It always bothered me how Lety kept calling Fer “Don” even in private after they slept together for pete’s sakes. You’d think he’d have insisted otherwise, too. To me that was a sure sign of an unequal relationship.] I’m Leticia Padilla Solis, everyone calls me Lety. A- Nice to meet you LETICIA. She says what a beautiful smile you have. Ohhhh, welcome to this telenovela finally, Aldo!!!!!

Hey, just a small personal side note, if anyone has seen or sees the Pursuit of Happyness, I’m in the movie. It was great fun and it turned out well, in fact, Will's likely up for an Oscar! I definitely recommend it-hope you enjoy!

Feliz Navidad a Todos!!!!!!

Labels:


Comments:
Hey, you can't stop with that, WHERE in the movie should we look for you? I wasn't going to go see it but now I will.

Great recap, I really liked this episode, I liked the faces Fern put on to snap at people, I liked Luigi (I laughed out loud at that shirt), and I really liked the new guy. He's a great contrast to Fern. I can like them both. Maybe he won't stay this nice, but how lovely he was to Lety.

It was nice seeing her outside for a change.
 

We still don't have a picture of you on the sidebar! Choke one up please.
 

Ummm...OK...did everyone else have that RIDICULOUS new intro????? The everything-you-didn't-want-to-know-was-going-to-happen-in-La-Fea BIG FAT SPOILER new intro?? Because I did, and whew, believe me I had a FIT! In fact I think I'm still having it. I'm obviously wayyyy too emotionally invested in this show, but for the love of heaven...if all that crap is going to happen, fine, but why did they have to ruin it for us????????? I won't give details in case other ppl had the old intro...?
 

I love the show and over these months have missed only a few episodes..However,it's going on way too long..Could it be the popularity of the show,slow down in
production schedule,etc.for going into 8+ months?

Heridas came on many months after LFMB and it's in the final chapters.

Now we have the fisherman to really shake-up things for another two-three months--a new chapter beginning in Acapulco.Hopefully, Lety's life and career will be going in a new direction.
 

Thanks for the recap. You really cleared up some of the dialogue, as I was unable to watch with my dictionary in hand.

I loved,loved,loved how Fer dealt with Alicia last night (and he looked rather sexy w/o the tie).

I had to laugh when Aldo was carrying Lety out of the water. He looked most uncomfortable walking and carrying her. At first I thought it was supposed to be some sort of effort on his part to lift her (which initially ticked me off, because Angelica is anything but fat), but then I remembered that he was wearing denim cutoffs. If anyone's ever worn wet denim, you know that it will chafe. He had to walk funny because his thighs must have been rubbed raw.
 

No good for people who don't like spoilers, but this video is an absolute scream, I watched it twice in a row: "The jealousies of Fernando, part eight"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAcEp9b-CO4

I'd like to see the first seven parts...
 

The new intro and other happening has been floating for quite some time on YOUTUBE.COM, and a lot of it is being forwared to the "tube" by the show & others who are viewing from months back that we in USA are just now seeing. I'm royally ticked at this..To think that this beautiful love story of Fern & Lety will be sabotaged by a male Jessica Simpson in frayed blue jeans, makes me want to "spit"..Damn..Maureen
 

That new opening has been on YouTube for awhile. Fern looks extremely sexy on the beach with the 5 O'clock shadow action and dressed in white. I think all of those scenes are just supposed to be that anything can happen not necessary that it will. I think too, that some of it is symbolic. At least I hope, anyway. This new guy does NOTHING for me. Fernie Forever!!!!!
 

Thanks for the great recap, K.

Yes, Libby, I also had that spoiler intro. I couldn't believe they did that. Surely it was someone's screw up? I'm hoping some of the scenes are daydreams.

The new guy is nice, but no one can hold a candle to Fernando. No competition whatsoever in my opinion.

Luigi and Alicia sure are quick to jump on the bash-Fernando-wagon. Don't they realize he is still part owner and son of the owners and the new president. They are not very bright. Also, to kick someone when they're down is the lowest of the low. I have no respect whatsoever for Luigi or Alicia. I don't care if Luigi is nice to Irmita. He is still a jerk. Way to go Saimon! A guy with a huge heart.

Connie
 

Thanks for such a detailed recap, very nice!
No,no, he's no Fernando I agree!!
Maybe it was my TV but it looked like he had "glow in the dark" teeth. I agree he was very nice.
I loved Fernando without his tie! Who would have thought he could look any better?
I hated the beginning spoilers. I am hoping they are just from a dream or something similar.
Carrie L.
 

If I thought Fern would continue on with this sham engagement and then marry Marcia, I would stop watching this very night..Aldo is in the "great guy category",but he's no Fern..Why can't he fall in love with Carolina? Now there's a woman who has it together.

I've been watching telenovelas for more years than I should admit,and have never seen two more obnoxious characters than Alicia & Luigi..May they ride off into the sunset together in her imaginary Mercedes.FTM
 

I hope the opening was a fantasy sequence. However, I did let out a big "NO WAY" on a particular scene.

I think Aldo is adorable!! I know I'm in the minority here, but I want Aldo and Lety together. He's just what Lety needs to heal her heart and see herself as beautiful in someone else's eyes--someone who doesn't have an alterior motive towards Lety--at least he better not! My husband and I have had some fun disagreements over Fernando vs Aldo. I like how Aldo and Fernando are complete opposites--one dark and well groomed, the other light and sexily scruffy.

I watched the spoiler mentioned above (Yes, I'm one of "those" people who will read the ending of a book first!!) and laughed and laughed at it.

I'm terribly disappointed in Luigi. He shows such compassion to Irmita, but is a little snot to everyone else.

BTW, Happy Winter Soltice everyone!!
 

I like Aldo - so far - very much! He's open-hearted, spontaneous, sweet to Lety. She's been in a hidden, dark relationship with her BOSS, who was ENGAGED. It's such a relief for her to be able to - simply enjoy somebody's company. That's healing. And I love how different Aldo is. I look forward to scenes with him and Fernando.
 

sorry--Happy Winter Solstice!!
(I'll learn to spell one day!)
 

Kris, terrific recap!

I was glad to see Fern respond to Alicia the way he did. It's about time (I seem to be saying that more often).

Luigi, for all his quirks and flaws, is rising to the challenge of being there to help someone when it's needed. That's a surprise. I agree he is still a snot to most, though.

It was good to see a little of the old Fern back, but with a kinder, gentler side. When he snapped at Alicia, he simply told the truth. Otherwise, he really seemed like a teddy bear (which he really is, deep down).

Aldo's a teddy bear, too. Lety's going to have a real dilemma before long. I also wondered if the new intro could be that dream bubble kind of scene she sometimes has. Something symbolic of making choices in the future, rather than a spoiler with something that is really going to happen to her. It remains to be seen.

Jeanne
 

So far, my main grudge against Aldo is that he isn't Fern. :-)

I assumed that the new opening credits were just one of Lety's daydreams. I hated it when I first saw it on YouTube but I'm liking it better now.

I HATE the new show format, though - first they rehash yesterday's episode, then they show a teaser for tonight's episode, then the opening credits, and then we STILL get a replay of the last few minutes of yesterday's episode - did I mention I hate it? I hate it. Bleh. It's long, it's confusing, and it's repetitious. ¡¡No me gusta!!
 

Hated the new opening and only hope it is one of those fantasy things. As for Aldo versus Fern, not a chance Lety will end up with Aldo. Silly reason but Aldo is NOT a heroic name and in fact means old or arcaic except in Italian where it means rich. Fern on the other hand means brave and maybe he will finally live up to it. As for Lety, despite her mopey behavior of late, the name means joyful. I'm a writer and one of the key things is to find names that suit your characters.
Granted Aldo may be a nice guy and just the one to give Lety some confidence I just can't see a future based on a rebound romance.

It also looked like Fern was growing a little bit more spine when he reminded lisping Luigi who is the boss and commented on Oxi's inappropriate clothing.

I've always thought he looked better in more casual clothes like the ones in wears in the closing credits when Lety is sleeping on the bench. Somehow those suits and ties always make him look boxy to me.

As for the gossipy cuartel I'm amazed that after all this time they haven't picked up on the Lety Fern vibe. I worked in an office where there were a lot of romances and you almost always knew.
 

What do we really know about Aldo? He is obviously a fisherman and probably the famous chef, talks to the ocean and seems to have a spiritual side which would appeal to Lety and he also has been betrayed by someone he loved. I can't help wondering if it might be Caro.
 

The drawn-out pace of LFMB is starting to grate on my nerves just a bit, even though I know that's how things operate in telenovla land. I guess I need to give Lety and Fernando both time to evolve into their new and improved characters, but I'm having withdrawal pains and miss seeing their daily interaction.
The surfside rescue was sort of funny--Aldo almost staggered before he could lay Lety on the sand and the CPR was pretty cheesy.
Anyone else notice how much grey showed in Aldo's beard? It almost seemed to be emphasized.
 

i didn't watch the episode, but saw some previews for tonights episode... did it seem as if caro liked aldo? i think they'll end up together.

i bet cancun will be the place where lety gets completely transformed. she's surrounded by make-up artists, fashionistas and pretty people. she's far away and it's just the perfect timeframe to undergo a phisical change and go impress everyone back home
 

Can anyone help me?
I can't get the movie on youtube to work. It plays for about 3 seconds and then freezes for about 5 minutes.
Am I doing something dumb? or dumber in my case.
Would appreciate any advice.
Alice
 

I loved seeing Alicia get a good talking too, especially in front of the ladies. I also really liked that she wore her gothic cocktail waitress outfit again, although I'd never have ther guts to wear that to work!
 

It is nice that Fern told her off, but I doubt if it sank in. Nothing people say ever seems to stick with Alicia unless there's a dollar sign in it somewhere. ($ = also the sign for pesos)
 

Loading the movie on YouTube..Just click on the movie you want,but give the movie time to load..It will take a few seconds..If it doesn't go,double right click to see if it open up.Mo
 

Thank you all for the re-caps. I'm really addicted to this show. First I watch with the spanish sub-titles then I watch again with them off and then I have to see your hilarious comments on this site....but I don't think I'm the only one :)
Fer looked adorable yesterday. We have tons of snow here in Denver and Acapulco looks so inviting right now.
Muchas Gracias. Connie J
 

Connie you're in Denver? My sisters live there and one of them was supposed to come out to California tomorrow. Needless to say, that ain't happening. First, the disappointment of no Fern and Lety and now this. Ay Caray!

P.S. that's always been one of my favorite scenes - where he finds her in the train station.
 

You've all _almost_ got me convinced that the intro is a dream/fantasy...even if it's not, it's consoling to think that :) Like I said, wayyyy to emotionally invested in this show!
 

Oh but my biggest problem with the intro among all the problems that I had in that intro was the use of that particular song. That's Fern and Lety's song!!!!
 

Who cares about all of that other stuff going on in the intro? I took one look at him in that white outfit, with that hurt look on his sweet face and I didnt notice anything else. I'm starting to hyperventilate, even thinking of it now. And why People magazine hasn't picked him as sexiest man alive I will never know. Clooney looks downright homely compared to Jaime Camil in my humble opinion. Sandy
 

Well a majority of the new intro was with Lety in the blue outfit she had on today. I was thinking some of it was a dream sequence as well. They show Fern in a wedding scene and it didn't look like Marcia. I was surprised they show so much.

I was a little disappointed they had Tomas return to his geek clothes. I can understand him not wearing the new suits every day, but he could at least wear his tie normal...

Jewels
 

Sandy--I searched my People's SMA issue for Jaime, and was I ever disappointed. I am in total accord w/ the Jaime vs. George. Hands down, Jaime.

Call me crazy, but I rewound and watched the new intro numerous times. I am convinced that when they show Lety w/ Aldo "almost" kissing and then pan out, it is really Fer she's kissing in the next shot. The reason I think this (other than really wanted that to be the case) is the hairstyle of each man and their height. Aldo is short, and Fer is much taller. Watch it and let me know what you think. Of course, in my many viewings of the intro, I had to take time to pause when Fer is sitting on the beach in his white outfit. That man seriously looks wonderful in white. He should wear it all the time!!

Another thing about the new intro, I was happy to see Marcia in the sea w/ her wedding dress on. I totally think that is symbolic of her relationship w/ Fer. (I choose to ignore the Fer & Marcia scene where it looks like they are exchanging vows, because I don't like the idea of them getting married).

Well, I have to go watch tonight's episode. Can't wait for the next recap. Thank you all who recap for us. It is so appreciated.
 

I think the new opening is a mash of real things that will happen and part thoughts and dreams. I don't look at it as if it's a spolier, because in one part it shows Fern running back to Lety, and in another part, he's marrying Marcia. I just think it's a teaser to show that "anything can happen!"

I can't wait...

One last thing: I was PRAYING that Lety's glasses WOULD NOT be found and she'd be forced to go get contacts in a hurry. I am so ready for her to start her physical transformation!!

-Romeo-
 

Amen, Romeo. It would have been the perfect time to ditch the glasses. Lety is so much prettier without them.

As for Jaime Camil for Sexiest Man Alive, he would win hands down. I cannot think of another actor who could even be in his ballpark.

Connie
 

Amen, Romeo. It would have been the perfect time to ditch the glasses. Lety is so much prettier without them.

As for Jaime Camil for Sexiest Man Alive, he would win hands down. I cannot think of another actor who could even be in his ballpark.

Connie
 

The 2011 discussion for Capitulos 170 & 171 is at this link.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder