Thursday, February 01, 2007

La Fea Más Bella #200 1/31/07 Luigi lusts, Fer finds cajones if only briefly, Aldo redeems himself, & Moty gets a well deserved run

Abitcia, Helmut head, and Marcia, the wicked witches of the DF, eat dinner and T tells M it’s important that you keep Fer away from Lety at all costs.

At Sanctuario, Saimon hugs Fer as his friend, his brother, my bloodbrother. Fer asks him what’s going on with him. Saimon looks at the club and says nothing it’s just that this isn’t a place to come pray or confess your sins! He thinks they see eye to eye now. Saimon is upset because he thinks PM lied to him. He thinks she is inside and he thinks she’s dancing with Don Segundo (the guy of the moment), someone that is not him, Fer says nor me. Saimon gets wigged out about this, and wants to know what he said, but Fer tells him to calm down, I didn’t say anything, don’t make up that I said something. Saimon keeps pacing not quite sure he believes Fer. F - Stop it you are making me crazy. S – Well it’s just that you don’t know how it feels to think that your love is inside dancing with someone else face to face, breast to breast, murmuring things in the ears …Fer tells him to shut up….Saimon says then you do know….this doesn’t look like a sanctuary. Fer agrees.

M- Fer won’t get near her because Lety promised me she wouldn’t repeat the same mistake. A- And you believed her? M- Yes because she doesn’t want to be anywhere near him. She doesn’t believe in him and she doesn’t even want to work with him. A-Yeah, but what if that traitor Omar tells the moustached corncake everything. Marcia dismisses that because Omar wrote the letter so he’s not going to tell her now that what he put in there isn’t true. Lety isn’t going to believe him anyway. She still thinks this whole thing was concocted by Omar she has no idea that Fer really fell in love with her. Marcia says of course, Fer’s got no way to prove that he’s in love with Lety, she won’t believe him or Omar, and there are no other witnesses. Little brained Tere volunteers that there are witnesses, we three all know the truth that he fell in love with her. Alicia mumbles (did she spit crums?) A true example of a high class woman indeed, talking with her mouth full of food. “Oh for gosh sakes, but we aren’t such imbeciles [chomp chomp] that we are going to tell the Garnacha that.” Can you imagine one of us telling her that? She mocks if they did and gets all wide eyed. This seems interesting to me, I wonder if Alicia might slip someday… Tere then says ooopty doopty, I guess we have to believe her word. If she was so offended by Fer, well then surely she’ll keep her word. Alicia is not convinced. Mmmhmm, she manages to spit out, yeah maybe she will. But what about Fer? Who will guarantee that Fer will stay away from her? [It’s Simon of course, definitely Simon….]

Simon is already imagining all the men coming up to PM because she’s so fine, so provocative (I’d say so in her crocheted white halter). Fer says like always, Simon says what???? Fer covers by saying it doesn’t look like a sanctuary here Simon Joseph Contrary. S corrects him no Contreras. Fer says yes, you're right, no we can’t leave them alone. S- Of course not, now you understand me so let’s go and get them.

M- Fer promised he wouldn’t go near Lety. Alicia thinks that’s perfect, because he’s been so responsible, truthful, and kept his promises so well before, wink, wink, he’s never told you a lie before. Her dessert comes. She asks if it’s “Light.” You know, for once I’m thinking that Alicia is actually a voice of reason here. I guess if you give her enough food her mind expands a little. Marci however looks like something is stuck. Tere says well then there’s only one way out and that’s to trust Lety and Fer, they promised you they wouldn’t get near each other, so that’s your opportunity to move in close to him. You can’t keep thinking this will fail, or you’ll drive yourself nuts. You have to get it there and get him, I’m right, no Alicia? Hmmm she mumbles with her mouth full of dessert. These three are pathetic. They need serious whacks upside their heads.


Back at the “Sanctuary” Fer turns around midstream and decides he can’t go in because the cuartel will see him. Saimon wants to know why his blood brother changed his mind and begs him to come in. He says it’s not a problem for the cuartel to see him, now they have the same ideals, are the same emotion, we’re on another level, we’re both academics and men of fashion. Fer says he knows, here’s what were are going to, he’ll give Saimon money to get a taxi and take his queen somewhere else and bribes him that he hasn’t seen Fer here. Saimon sees green (or is it red for pesos?) and agrees and goes in.


The cuartel is still cackling it up Lola freaks out that she lost her glasses, but all of a sudden a very serious Sara wants to know how Lety could be such a bad friend that she left them without a single word about what happened. Lety begs them to forgive her, but when she left it was the worst and all she wanted to do was get out of there and disconnect herself and forget everything.

The two men wonder if PM and Lety are going to sit and talk the whole time or are going to dance. PM says yes, and gets up to dance, asking Lety to come too. Irma tells PM to do as Lety who really respects her boyfriend, Tomas. Lety says he’s actually not my boyfriend. The cuartel is impactado. PM asks who broke up with whom. Lety says we are actually such good friends that he couldn’t be my boyfriend, and some gossip, he’s coming to work at Conceptos tomorrow. More impactados.

Mr. Slick takes PM’s seat, putting his arm on the back of the chair and asks Lety again if she’ll dance with him, doesn’t she like dancing? She says that’s not it, she is talking with her friends she hasn’t seen in a while. So Mr. Slick asks for her phone number instead. She says, no, trying to figure out how to explain it, she says it’s that I’m engaged and holds up her beach found ring.

Just then Saimon turns up inside and Lety stops her explanation midstream. He greets everyone and wonders where PM is. The cuartel fake that she’s in the bathroom. He asks where it is. They tell him he can’t go in the girl’s anyway. Mr. Slick asks Lety who he is and she tells him the boyfriend of the girl dancing with your friend. Doh! And then…..drum roll please….Don Fer says buenas noches!! Ahhh, he found his cajones after all and decided to come in anyway. Good boy Fer. OK, the cuartel is really impactado now, mostly because they wouldn’t expect to find their fine boss in a place like that, nor would they want him checking up on them.

Back at the swingers’ table Luigi continues on about the horrible change that took place at Conceptos and that they say Fer and Mar are back together, but nothing is clear to him, he says there’s such a commotion and a whir at Conceptos it’s a like a waterspout ( tornado like) a waterspout named Lety “Nightmare” [Padilla=Pesadilla] Solis, he’s mad at himself for even remembering that platypus. Ok, that’s it. Aldo’s patience for him is thinner than I thought. Oh ye of little faith. Here you go Aldo fans….redemption, he tells Luigi how ugly he speaks of other people. Luigi says, well it’s just that you don’t know her, my king. Aldo says look, if anyone spoke badly of you, I’d be the first to defend you. Lui likes the sound of that, as he coyly ducks behind his fan.

At the sanctuary things are getting less “sancticious” (Irma says do unto others as you would do to yourself). The cuartel asks why Fer’s here. He says he brought Saimon. Simon starts to say something about him initiating the whole deal, but Fer cuts him off. They go back and forth with this, (I love the tennis match heads) but Fern wins when Saimon sees his PM dancing with the other guy. He loses it. She pretends her partner obligated her to dance and smiles.

Aldo says he’ll pay since he chose the restaurant. He leaves the table to congratulate the chef because he liked the salsa agridulce. While he is gone, Lui tells Caro what a guy he is, and what he said. What flattery. He’s all excited that he’s going to have him around everyday. He begs pardon from Rully that he’s thinking these thoughts about Aldo and asks Caro to say something. She says “Rully.” He gets frustrated.


Back at the sanctuary the cuartel try to restrain Saimon. Irma yells at PM that she doesn’t resist temptation. Lety asks the waiter for the check that they are going to go now. Mr Slick asks Lety not to go yet. She tells him maybe he should leave. He calls her touchy. Fer hears this and takes the opportunity to assert his machismo by shushing him and telling him to respect the Senorita as he leans in over her to get in the guys face. They get close and almost want to kiss, but they don’t. Lety says he better go because this guy is more touchy than she is and is prepared to beat people like a savage. Mr Slick buckles, he’s not going to mess with “Assertive Fern.”

The cuartel congratulates Fer. F- I’m going to the bathroom. Simon turns to PM and says that he sees with his own eyes how she betrays him dancing chest to chest etc.. He pulls the guy over. She tries to tell him that the guy is her cousin from Veracruz, he says Monterrey, well born in Veracruz and lives in Monterrey…Saimon doesn’t believe her. He tells her in front of all this that their relationship is over!

At the restaurant Luigi thanks Gui for the confidence and it was a pleasure to meet him. Lui says goodbye, with a special emphasis to Aldo, and calls him darling, that he’ll see him tomorrow. Caro makes fun of it to Aldo.


PM yells at her partner, “Don’t touch me. Because of you I lost my grillito.” Simon says good bye to the traitors, meaning the girls. PM insists she was behaving. Irma tells Simon, look he just came to get her to dance and she danced and that’s it. That’s all that happened. Lety says let’s go because I paid the check. Saimon says it's better that you take her because he is going to stay at the sanctuary. Sara starts arguing with Saimon didn't he listen to the President, she said we are all going! You offended her. He says she didn't say that, but Sara says well I did, and so did the whole cuartel. Sara says she's going to chop his moto and his empty bottle into little pieces like this. He tells her don’t mess with my Moto and my empty bottle, besides I didn’t bring it. Irma says let's go, that this furnace is not in good humor.

Lety says until tomorrow Don Fer, Fer says he’s coming with her, there’s no way he’s going to pray in this “sanctuary.”

Simon tells her she’ll go in a taxi because he’s a gentleman but... PM - What happened to the moto, did you leave it with the Oxi? Sara tells him to step up and go arrange for the taxis. He tells her only my ex-Paulette Marie can order him around. Roller Derby chick busts out and says oh yeah? He decides it’s not worth it and he goes to negotiate with the taxis.

Fer- Lety I want to talk to you. No I don’t want them to wait for me. Please it’s important, just for a moment. They tell her that she should talk to him and not be rude.

F-Lety since you left Conceptos we haven’t been able to speak. L- We have nothing to say to each other. F- NO on the contrary we have a lot of important things left to clear up. I’ve waited for this moment with great emotion. L- You came to accompany Simon, not to talk to me. F- No, I came with Simon because I knew you would be here. There are many things that I want to tell you. Look, I didn’t write that letter you read, you know that. She knows, she says you didn’t write any of those cards you gave me either. L -I know those weren’t your phrases of love either. He says it’s not like that, she says no you look, there’s no point. Your business is saved and when the debts are paid off you’ll get it back You don’t have to give me any explanations, besides I didn’t ask for any. He begs her not to walk away, he's not finished.


Ok, I have to crack up at the somewhat useless doorman that does nothing but lift his hand to guide the entrants to the restaurant in the direction that they already know they have to go because it’s the only direction to go, in. But he’s earnest in his guiding endeavours, so I suppose I should give him credit for that.

Oh my Gosh, and so now because they’ve got us all caught up they simply have to break to Aldo wishing he could tell Lety once and for all how in love with her he is. He asks his cell phone how she would take this. And the cell phone tells him she’ll run to him with arms wide open and beg him to have his baby. No, just kidding, well what would you expect a cell phone to say, ding-a-ling? Thank goodness that’s his only line and we can get back to Fer and Lety.


L -Bad, very bad Don Fer. I think it’s bad because I don’t want to talk to you. Fer - I know you hate me and I’m sorry for grabbing you. I understand how you feel about me but we are going to be together for six months. L -No, no we’ll only see each other when there’s a committee meeting and that’s how it will stay. F - No I can’t be away from you, uh Conceptos that much. I’m not going to stand here with my arms crossed either, it’s that I, Conceptos…..

L -Look Fer tell me what you want from me. F - I know it’s hard but I don’t want you to hate me. I’m aware of my errors and I know I’ve behaved like an imbecile. Only God knows how horrified I am about the bad things I did. I am paying for my mistakes in the worst way you can imagine for all of my shortcomings. You know the whole world was against me and that’s the best thing that could have happened, even though I tore apart too many people, people that I cared about.


Look Don Fer, before I came here to confront all of this I already forgave you. He tries to grab her as if to hug her. I really don’t hate you anymore I forgave your betrayal, your false caresses, your fake cards, even that you came to my house and yelled at my Dad, screaming I’d steal your business. Lety I didn’t know where you were. I was beside myself. I didn’t know what to do, or what you wanted.

I’ll even pardon you for meddling with my family. My family is the most sacred thing that I have. You’ll get my pardon on one condition, that you leave me alone. F – Fine, but you have to know that you are standing in front of someone who has changed. I don’t want you to think of me as the person that caused you so much pain. Instead I want you to think of me as a man who is learning the hardest lesson of his life.

L- I’m not going to think of you at all. I don’t want anyone to know that you were here with me. F - Well that’s going to be difficult since there are so many witnesses. L- I’ll talk to them but I don’t want Marcia to know you spoke with me. I don’t want her to be hurt anymore or for her to be afraid that we’re going to get together again, or that your relationship is jeopardized because of me. I can only imagine how difficult it was to get back together with her and that she took you back. What relationship Lety, things aren’t as they…L- Fer, I don’t need explanations, now I don’t need them anymore. We’ll see each other at the hearing tomorrow.

Ah, look, Lety damn it, this is going to sound ridiculous, and I probably shouldn't even say it, but you have to know this: I still love you, I still love you with all the strength of my soul!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh! I understood that right away of course, but I still had to repeat listening to it over and over and over! How lovely that he finally fesses up!!!!!!!!!!!! Did anyone else get goosebumps?

He continues - Please it’s the truth, do you believe me? I’m really in love. Do you believe me it’s the truth. L- Oh please, how could you possibly think that I’d believe you. It’s obvious you haven’t changed a bit, but I’ve changed and now I don’t need you telling me pretty things to make myself feel good. I’ve learned to love myself and to respect myself around others. F - Lety, please I respect you, and if the problem is Marcia [Look gang, forget, PG and Juana, I’m telling you this chic is the real psychic, or maybe Fern just screws up so much the odds are in her favor that he’ll be screwing up when she tries to reach him.] His cell rings. She tells him to answer it, surely it’s Marcia checking up on him, answer it. Saimon yells that the taxis are ready. Lety leaves and rejoins the group. Fer tells the air he loves Lety. He still loves Lety. Lety admonishes the cuartel to not tell anyone he was there. They discuss it a little saying you know how Mar is, Juana says she'll cut him off, and kill him and re-kill him. Irma says he and Mar have a beautiful relationship, but Lety says, "it will end up uglier than I am, so come on let’s go and not say anything."

M calls back and he answers and proceeds to lie methodically, as if he were pre-programmed to answer in that particular manner. Same old, same old. He says he’s in a bar by himself, well, no with Omar which is about the same. He asks if she is with his Mom, she says yes they are leaving and she is on her way home. He says he’ll meet her there then. Darn, he really hasn’t changed.

Tere chimes in to ask where he was. A-Is he behaving? M-It looks like it. They get ready to leave.

Caro thinks it would be good if he spoke with Lety to tell her that he is now goingto have an office at Conceptos thanks to Luigi Lombardi. He says of course she’s the first person he’d want to tell about that.

Lety gets home and is startled by Robopop who waited up for her. He says it’s late and asks who brought her here, she says she came in a taxi with her friends. Pop says I know your Mom says you’ve changed, so now I have to change, but as long as you live in this house you will follow my regular rules. She agrees that she will, she loves living in this house with her family. He says now that he knows she’s home ok, he can go to bed, he’s not the spirit ...

How are you. What a face. Lety starts to fill in her Mom on the scene at the meeting and Marci’s reaction. She laughs her little laugh thinking it’s pretty funny to hear when bad things happen to bad people.

Aldo walking home contemplates his good fortune to be back near Lety again.

Now Lety is a rehasher. Julieta wants her to retell. She tells her that they cancelled the wedding after she left. She said but they're back together again, she must have gotten over the resentment and forgave him when he told her he didn’t really care about me. J- Do you think they’ll get married? If so the next six months are going to be horrible. You should keep that man as far away from you as possible. She tells her mom that she’ll try but guess what he said; he said, that they had many things to discuss, and he’s changed and that he still loves her, and… Mom thinks maybe little by little he… Lety immediately negates that idea and says he’s a manipulator, you don’t know him, so there is no way. She still thinks he’s buttering her up because the business is still in her hands. Juli tells her she really has to keep him miles away then, because he won’t leave her alone. She says you still feel something for him, though, don’t you. Busted. Moms always know, even though they don’t let you know they know.

Back at Marcia apartment Fer arrives he thinks he lost Lety forever. Just then Marci calls for him. He goes in to her, she’s packing up her veil. She asks how it went and where he was. He said he was in a bar and he can’t remember the name. She continues spinning the veil around in circles like wringing a rag. She throws down the box, doesn’t seem like she values this. She tells him where she was. He asked if there was an occasion for the dinner. She says he doesn’t know? F- Let me guess, what’s going to happen to Conceptos in Lety’s hands, no? M- Yes, and how affected you were by seeing her again. M tells him it was his Mom’s concern, she didn’t want to touch that subject. She tells him his Mom is worried about what will happen to the two of them. He is upset that they were talking about his private life. She tells him she had to talk about it. He tells her, “Great my intimate life is in the hands of Alicia Ferreira.” Marcia counters that hers is in the dirty mouth of Omar! [Good point]

Oh for Pete’s sake, she did not paint Aldo on her wall!!!!!!! Man, that’s like so adolescent, like pictures of Scott Baio or David Cassidy all over your wall. Oh, ok, it was an apparition of the omnipotent Aldo and it goes away in time. Thank goodness! I for one couldn’t sleep if something like that was on my wall. I’d feel like I was being watched. Yuk. She says how beautiful it is to have him near.

Marcia is worried about what’s going to happen to them now that Lety is back because she didn’t know things would change this way with her now being around again. He tells her, “You know I can’t get back with her. Things don’t work between us.” He says she’s not the same Lety as before. He tells her she doesn’t want him or Omar around so he’ll hardly even see her so what’s the problem. "I don’t see the problem.” So she confirms that he got rid of the idea that he’ll get back together with her. He says no chance. She says fine, let me put away a few things and I’ll be back with you. She says he wouldn’t care about some things and she should throw them in the trash, but she plans to save them for a little while. She asks him why he feels so bad. He gets freaked out about the theme of the wedding and Marcia calms him by kissing him. They kiss. And kiss. And she won’t talk about it anymore. And he looks ready to go for more. Thankfully she pulls away. Lety’s thoughts ramble on in the background…. Fer falls asleep as he reads “Icons” and Mar looks at him. He wakes then looks at her as she sleeps.

In her bunny suit Lety runs with Moty in a park in Mexico City at night, yeah right. I guess she’s safe with the filmcrew shining bright lights on her, but without them, she wouldn’t be out there, I’m sure.

She thought-bubbles: How terrible it was to learn that Fer got back with Mar. I thought I was prepared to deal with that because I knew it would happen, but I’m not. It’s logical that with everything that happened he would try to get back together with her. It’s logical but the heart goes against the brain and mine skipped a beat like crazy when I saw his face and heard his voice. My heart really doesn’t want to let him go. Lety tells herself she has to be strong and Aldo has to help her. She has to keep herself away from Fer and she has to keep her promise to Marcia because it’s a way of keeping her promise to herself. She only hopes that he doesn’t keep looking for her because it hurts her so much. She wonders how after all he did to her he could still try to take advantage of her.

Labels:


Comments:
I'm so glad I wasn't just me thinking how unsafe it was for Lety to be running in the park at night. Let's face it, Moty's no guard dog.
I didn't get the impression that Fernando was wanting to "go further" w/ Marcia. His kiss seemed tentative and tepid,with no passion, and that's why she pulled back.
Wasn't that "Aldo" head on the mural just plain creepy? Reminded me of the smiling Sun on Teletubbies.
Great,funny, detailed recap. Thanks!
 

I hate to say it but I've been in a situation like Lety's and it's incredibly awful. Her reaction is perfect - to forgive but insist that he stay away. She has even seen that he's back with Marcia! Who could trust a guy like that? They told her he was back with Marcia within days of the wedding being cancelled!! And Fern has not told anybody but Lety that he loves her - and lets everybody else think he is happy with Marcia. Yes, Marcia's a dolt to take him back (but I've been her, too, and done the same, knowing it was wrong and knowing I'd probably get dumped again). One MUST blame Fern. He's not being honest with anybody. Gorgeous but weak, weak, weak.

I guess I'm the contrarian, but I've been enjoying Simon. I love the way he says Don Ferrrrrni and sprinkles his chatter with English and French. I love his physical comedy (he can sure move that body around fast) and the silly character he's playing.

I think (again, having been in her position - except without an Aldo) that Lety is very lucky to HAVE Aldo, to have somebody who's willing to be seen by her side in public and who tells her she's wonderful and with whom she can hold her distance from a guy who has hurt her and shows every sign of being able to do it again. "My" Fern told me over and over that he was madly in love with me, even when he was with his Marcia. I wish I'd had an Aldo. And now you know why I defend our sweet goony New-Age spouting "other man."
 

I can't imagine why fern stays with marcia. If he were to return to his own home, this might convince lety that he loves her, but to go home with Marcia and on the same breath tell lety he loves her is counter-productive.

Melinama, Didn't Fernando show his emotion to Lety in front of the cuartel when Marcia was away? they were an item going strong and I think he said something about his love for her, in the office in front of the cuartel; however, my spanish is not that great and at that time I did not know there were recaps to interpret the scenes. Also someone mentioned yesterday about Aldo being a filler, something to cause problems between lety and Fernando, or to put obstacles in their path. I think that, in the past, just as lety was sure of fernando, she would overhear onesided stories between fern and aldo and she would go off crying. so she was happy/sad happy/sad; now she has her turn. Fernando gets his hopes up, then they are extinquished, then they are up again, and waaalllaaaa in comes Aldo (a challange). I think we will see Fern take his turn of being unsure of lety (as his lesson) and then after all the temptations, they reunite and are sure of their love for each othe.
 

Thanks for the recap, K!

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia. The thing that bothered me last night was how calculating she was about the whole Lety/Fernando situation. The way she and Teresita discussed the situation was so cold. That was very disturbing to me.

I agree about Saimon, Melinama. I enjoy his physical comedy. He's a great character to have around when the drama overwhelms the show and it needs a light moment. I wish they would do more with Saimon and Celso. Scenes where they're together are always a lot of fun.

I am interested in Fernando's reaction to Aldo. He reacted poorly to Tomas and I can just imagine it will be much worse when he sees Aldo. I'm still standing by my statement that I see Aldo as a crutch for Lety. I like that it was the Caro character who helped Betty in Betty la Fea and I wish they would have done the same with this show. It would have been good to see women supporting each other instead of tearing each other down. Aldo would have been just fine as a romantic rival.
 

How many times was Marcia going to fold that wedding veil. She really got on my nerves last night.
And I don't think that it was appropriate that Mama T & Marcia were discussing Fernando in Alicia's company.
And finally Fernando told Lety that he loves her, too bad it was too little too late and she didn't beleive him. But at least we got to see them together.
And I didn't even have any Hagen Daz.
 

Melinama-thanks for sharing your story. I always wondered why you defended Also so strongly. This is hard for me to write, but I too have been in the same situation you have described. The strange thing is this happened to me 38 years ago, but when I watched this all unfold, especially the scene where Lety reads the letter, emotions came rushing back to me. I cried for 2 weeks after that. It really scared me. First profound love coupled with betrayal are hard to forget. Even after all that I still love Fern. That look he gave her in the club , when first seeing her made my knees weak. Thanks for sharing your story.
miranda
 

Thanks for the great recap! I love Simon, too - at first he got on my nerves, but he seems genuinely sweet, wants to better himself (computer class, learning languages) and has such joy in life - when PM isn't yanking his chain. Plus his eyes rival Ferni's in beauty.

I agree with Amanda: I understand that Ferni needs a romantic rival to "fight" & prove his love for Lety is true, but I think it would be more empowering if Caro could have guided the interior transformation, while Aldo confirmed that her beautiful, healed, whole interior radiates out and attracts the right kind of attention.
 

Thanks K for the great detailed recap!
I thought I would die when Fern leaned over Lety in the club!!!! Grab him girl, I shouted!
I was happy to see Lety still loves him and he could affect her. I was starting to have my doubts.
The material Marcia was fooling with is really hard to fold. She seemed frustrated and kept whirling it over and over. That drove me crazy.
Good luck Mama T. and Marcia trying to keep Fern and Lety apart. Sometimes it seems Alicia is the most wise of the three.
PM doesn't get on my nerves but her nails do. I wish she would cut them, ugh.
I was happy to get the Fern/Lety fix last night and am hoping for a more passionate scene sometime soon!!!!

Carrie L.
 

Kris, thanks so much for the delightful recap! Great details! I wish I'd seen it, but you painted a great picture.

Melinama, my first marriage had a huge betrayal in it, too. I remember going out in a blizzard with two feet of snow already on the ground and swirling around us, driving a barely serviceable car 25 miles in the country in the dark to go to "her" house because he insisted we attend his "friend's" Christmas party. Months later, when he finally left me, I discovered why everyone was giving me pitying looks--I was the only person there who had no idea of the affair between them and that I was being used. Why he brought me that night, I will never know, but several other similar soft signs of impending divorce followed until I finally figured it out. I was 22 and it was just horrific to me. I went through a rebound second marriage (for 13 years stuck it out) that was also miserable and have now been married 18 to a new age philosopher type, a thinker, who is a perfect gentleman, and my very best friend. That's probably why I can endorse Aldo, too. I personally don't care who Lety ends up with except that she is happy and whoever it is will be GOOD to her, not use her.

Jeanne
 

Thanks for the recap--I feel like I need it to start my day. Mr. Slick was just a minor distraction, but he wasn't bad looking and I liked that he asked Lety to dance. If she had accepted and boogied down Lety-style, who knows what might have happened. They could have cleared out the entire dance floor.
Yeah, the goosebumps were there when Fern was declaring his love with all the "fuerzas de mi alma". It's good Lety can stay just a little detached and objective instead of falling into Fern's arms right away.
That projected image of Aldo on Lety's wall mural made me think of those Virgen de Guadelupe images or other religious images that pop up in unlikely places.
Fern made me so angry at the end of the episode, when he returned to Marcia's apartment. ANGRY with the heat of 1,000 burning suns, plus 1,000 burning nuns, and maybe 500 burning monks. Doesn't he have his own apartment? Why IN THE HELL is he going home to Marcia!?!! My husband said maybe he lost his apartment with the Conceptos debt debacle, but I don't think so.
The kiss with Marcia--he seemed tentative, like the kiss could go either way, but why was he kissing her? He is weak, weak, weak, despite his sweetness and hotness. I really wanted to snatch him off the screen and tell him to stand up and be real man, not just a pretty boy.
Ditto the thoughts about Lety running in the park late at night. After Robopop waits up to see her safe, then she sneaks out.
OK, I know these aren't real people, but they are part of my life right now. Guess I'm weak too.
 

I love that Alicia's eatin' up all the good food! And she is speaking the truth about Fern -she's a total opportunist, but talk about calling a spade a spade! Postre, anyone?
 

Brava to all of you sharing your life stories about love lost. I'm not the only one for whom this novela brought up painful memories, and who cried about them, so I'm not crazy,am I? (Unless all of you are) :) How did we survive and still love to watch love stories?
Besos a todas!
 

Superior recap!!

Melinama--I feel you pain, my freind. I think lots of us have been down that road. I think that's why I can relate to both Lety and Marcia. I've been both of them a time or two. What I really cannot forgive is Fernando's betrayal and the extreme humiliation Lety has had to endure not just in front of Fern but in front of almost everyone. I keep hoping that Aldo is the real hero who was introduced midway--but I think not.

I'm with you all on my frustration at Ferni going back to Marcia and kissing her. He truly needs to make a stand one way or the other. Not fair to Marcia or Lety to keep yanking them both around. Is he that so insecure as a man that he can't be without a woman for a second??? I was trying reallly really hard to see everyone's point about Fern, but he blew it again. I don't care how hot a guy looks, it ain't worth being treated like crap just to have a hottie on your arm.
 

Scary scary picture on the wall it was like the great and powerful OZ...

Aldo by the by...John Travolta called and you can borrow the whole suit, if you think you might get a "Fever" "Saturday Nite"...
 

Lety, Lety, Lety. Fernando told her what she really wants to hear, but she doesn't want to believe it. And I can't say I blame her. What on earth is he doing, shacking up with Marcia again? He wasn't really happy with her before he fell for Lety! And why does she still not get that constantly checking up on him, interrogating him, and scolding him are not the way to endear herself to him (or anyone, for that matter)?
When Aldo appeared on Lety's wall I laughed out loud, it was so ridiculous.
"Let's face it, Moty's no guard dog." Donqui/Tonqui he ain't. But common sense is not something our friends have a lot of, is it?
 

Great recap and thank you for it... On to the post, I am not totally convinced with Aldo's defense of Lety. I kinda expected more, sorry Aldo fans. I know he didn't have to make a scene (even though Luigi deserved it) and he couldn't give himself away just yet and we'll probably get better defenses when he has office in Conceptos. Oh all right all right I admit it I am rushing the scenes a wee bit (aughh) but with that said I liked the way Fern came to Lety's defense during the scene with Mr. Slick. It was cute and they were sooo close they could kiss..AWWWW!!! I still get goosebumps just remembering it

Yeah, I loved with Fern declared himself to Lety...AWWW!!!!(getting goosebumbpy all over again).. I didn't expect her to believe him and knowing she did would mean an end to the novela but the romantic in me still wanted her to believe him.

>>>Oh for Pete’s sake, she did not paint Aldo on her wall!!!!!!! Man, that’s like so adolescent, like pictures of Scott Baio or David Cassidy all over your wall...

LOL, I remember those days of course I had New Kids on the Block at the time. I remember I pinned a giant pin on my pillow so I would always sleep next to my Joey (yeah I claimed him a few times back then, so what? :-) Although right know a Jaime Camil/Fern pin wouldn't be sooo bad would it? Or maybe those action figures that were mentioned a few blogs back.
 

It was Shaun Cassidy, for me. But I was pretty horrified when I saw Aldo on the wall.

A pint of Mayan Chocolate was not enough for the Fern/Lety scene last night, but it was all I had. :-(

Someone asked about Fern declaring his love for Lety in front of the cuartel. Yes, that did happen... in a daydream. (Speaking of which, we haven't had a daydream in a while, have we?)

Someone else asked about Fern's apartment. He doesn't have one. He has the Mendiola family home, but his parents are staying there (I have no idea when they're going back to London) and he's on their $#!% list lately, so spending the night at Marcia's (or riding around in a taxi all night) is more appealing.

I really didn't think he seemed very into kissing Marcia, though. I think he is just trying to make the effort with her because he feels he owes her that. Especially if Lety rejects him. :-p
 

Oh ladies, ladies, ladies. You all hit the nail on the head about Lety running in the park at night, stupid if nothing else, even if they lived in one of the high class sections of the city which they don't. I almost died laughing when after chowing down like a truck driver Alicia wants to be sure her dessert is light.

Good thing for Mr. Slick that Fern's eyes weren't lasers or he would have been incinerated on the spot from the glare Fern gave him.

Goose bumps all around with the leaning over look and the later declaration. Of course she wouldn't believe him even with those tears in his beautiful eyes.

Poor Fern he looked totally beaten when he very reluctantly returned to Marcia's and even worse when he went into her room for the veil twirling event. That kiss looked like he was forcing himself and later in bed you could have driven a truck between them. He fakes sleeping and then just lays there ovbviously thinking of "mi Lety". I suspect that he is just playing along with everything his mother and Marcia want just to keep peace. There's already been so much drama but he needs another PG session.

Thinking about his reactions, originally to Tomas and then to Mr. Slick he will probably go ballistic over Aldo who is far more of a threat. Should be interesting and also to see if it runs the other way.

Since everyone confessed I too had my betrayal moment. In my case my best friend was the witch in question. I cut her out of my life later invited them to my wedding and eventually got the last laugh when he did the same thing to her with another one of her friends. Oh yeah and that wedding was to my Aldo. A two year mistake with a manipulative control freak. That is one reason I don't like Aldo and feel in the long run he would be very bad for Lety. She needs to soar and he would never let her especially based on his previous experience.
 

I think Aldo defended Lety in his own style-the peaceful guru,remember? Also, it shows the exact opposite type of chracter that he has from Fernando. If he had blown up at Luigi, he would have been reverting to Ferni's macho ways, right? Obviously, this is a show about dichotomies-even to the point of their blonde vs. brunette looks, and the GQ dressing vs. laid back beach boy, etc., etc. Right now, the "Prince Charming on the white horse" wears the white Don Johnson jacket....
Also, while Lety doesn't need a man, it is wonderful to see one who doesn't have an agenda, stand by her and love her for herself! (Especially a great looking, self assured, finacially secure, guy like Aldo):)! That has to be a big self esteem booster to her after all of her humiliation, and for that we should all be thankful. Lety certainly deserves some of tht coming her way for once. (Plus, it really ought to get Luigi's goat, when he sees them together)!!
 

Fernando doesn't owe Marcia anything but the plain, unvarnished truth. As Lety said, he needs to stop torturing her with false hopes.
He also doesn't have to live with Marcia or his parents -- he has yet to sell the house he got as a wedding present from Don H and Dona HH, no? And even if he has sold it (though I don't remember that actually happening) he's not impoverished. He could rent an apartment of his own.
He could also stop giving up so quickly. He needs to spend a significant amount of time alone and Think Things Through. Difficult as that may be for our poor, confused studmuffin.
End of tirade. He's trying. In both senses of the word right now, but I think he'll get it sorted out once he gets his cojones and his spine back.
 

>>I think Aldo defended Lety in his own style-the peaceful guru,remember?

You are right Louise, and of course I totally forgot about that guruish part of his character. I know they are supposed to be opposites and I suppose Lety needs a guy like Aldo right now (especially since Fern was crazy enough to go back to Marcia)or no guy for that matter, I mean she should stand on her own now that she has grown up and matured. But I like that in Fern when he stands up for her and says she feels Precious, it makes me all gooey inside. It sucks when the romantic and logical(i suppose that's the right word) in me clash.
 

I don't know about that wedding house either. No one seems to hve mentioned it for some time. In any event I think it would be in both Fern and Marica's names so either one of them could use it. In any event it seemed to me that Fern didn't like the house and Maricia surely wouldn't if she knew that Lety had been the one who did all the house hunting for the Mendiolas. Funny that house wasn't mentioned in the great we have to sell everything speech that Humb made.
 

Maybe Humbo and Darth T. had a contract on the house, but didn't go through with buying it. I think they hadn't even been in Mexico 24 hours when Lety dropped her Truth Bomb, so perhaps they hadn't closed on the house yet. That whole plan seemed pretty goofy to me anyway.
 

Wow!! Thanks to you all for sharing your stories. It really does give me insight to why you are either in camp Fernando or camp Aldo. Jeanne, you are obviously in camp Lety, and that is perhaps where we all should be.

I have said this before, but feel it is worth repeating....right now Fernando is not deserving of Lety's love. He still has a long road ahead of him, but I do think he will eventually get there. He needs to grow up, he needs to dump Marcia (for good), he needs to stop living to please his parents, and he needs to stop listening to Omar.

In some ways, I've seen him make some improvements in these areas. He did tell Omar to shut up the other day. He obviously cannot fake being with Marcia. That kiss last night was so weak---Marcia had to have felt that as well. I don't think the two of them have been together since he was first with Lety.

Yes, Fer is cute and sexy, but he's also flawed. He's got to work on overcoming those flaws and then he'll be perfect for Lety.

Aldo just seems like someone who is moving too fast. I've been on the receiving end of that kind of treatment--and went along w/ it because I didn't want to hurt his feelings. Not the best grounds to start a relationship. Aldo also seems like a bit of a control freak and where's the humor.
 

"Funny that house wasn't mentioned in the great we have to sell everything speech that Humb made."

I could have sworn that Don H made a point of telling Fernando that he had to sell the house, and Fern just nodded in defeat/agreement. But yes, everyone seems to have forgotten about the palacio that Lety scouted out. I don't think the Fern disliked the house, I think he disliked what it represented. Still, I can't help feeling he'd be better off alone in the house he was supposed to share with Marcia than living in Marcia's apartment. But that's all too practical, I keep forgetting that we're in an alternate universe where people refuse to be bound by the crippling confines of logic and rational behaviour.
 

"our poor, confused studmuffin." Thanks for giving me something about Fern I can smile about. Does that make the upwardly mobile Simon a mini-muffin?
 

not a spoiler...
Starting with tonite's episode pay attention to the clothes the characters are wearing...that way you can tell when the day is over
 

>>Does that make the upwardly mobile Simon a mini-muffin?

How about an estudmufincito?
 

Wonderful recap and comments. And I was so touched by the personal stories since I too have been a Lety AND a Marcia and so can feel some sympathy for the latter trying desperately (and hopelessly) to salvage a relationship that is already over.
On the scene with the taxis when the cuartel is discussing Marcia's reaction if she knew Fernando had been in a bar, Juana said not "she would cut him" although the word was "cortar" but in this instance it means she would drop him, dump him, break up with him. Judy
 

Cathy--"you are obviously in camp Lety"

Yep!

Jeanne
 

A few weeks ago I read that LFMB is supposed to end tomorrow in Mexico. I also read it will be completed at the end of the month. It will be very interesting to see if that is true. As much as I hope that is true since dragging out story lines wrecks most novelas I sure would like to know how much longer we have to wait. If this moves into June our time I'm going to be in trouble since I'm going to France and it would KILL me to miss the end here and reading and commenting on the story. Has anyone heard any definitive information on the Mexican fin date?

Janet
 

I noticed one thing in that mess with the feas in the nightclub. Lety seemed very uncomfortable with all the gossiping, not just the stuff about Fern and Marica which is not completely accurate, but with all of it. Seems to me that our girl is growing up and away from the cackling cuartel.

Would you believe Helmet Head and Julieta are on the same side. Let's keep Fern and Lety as far away from each other as possible. Of course the motivation is completely different. HH wants that boda and J wants to keep her child from being hurt while HH couldn't give a c**p about Fern being hurt.

Diane
 

I am at work covering the switchboard (it's dead as a doornail right now) and reading a little bit more calmly everyone's post and while I have never experience anything remotely similar, I just wanted to say that I empthaize and can only imagine how upsetting the situations/relationships where and I am sorry y'all had to go through it(of course having never experienced it will always measure short).

Anyway, just wanted to add my 2 cents.
 

When I first saw Lety in the pink suit, I thought that she was wearing pajamas. When I saw her in the park, she looked like she was going to handle hazardous material. I hope she buys a more attractive jogging outfit. Also running around a park at night is always dangerous. Lety could have even run into Aldo who for a moment looked like he was going to leap into the park.

I became teary-eyed when Fernando defended Lety at the club and almost kissed her. He needs more of these situations to give him the courage to openly declare his love for her. However, I thought Lety told her mom that he was acting aggressively and she made fun of it. My Spanish is not great so I'm not sure if I heard her correctly.

I like Simon better when he acts more seriously. He has great range and can play a passionate lover.

I got the impression that Fernando was wanting to "go further" with Marcia. It was weird that she pulled away. The scene with the veil was strange too. It looked like Marcia was going to tear it.
 

Does anyone else think it's bizarre and a little frightening the way Saimon overreacts like a jealous lunatic? He be with the wrong girl if he gets jealous every time she dances or has fun. I would totally scrape him off like a chewing gum!
 

Simon is bizarre and overreacts, yep. It's adolescent.

Jeanne
 

"I got the impression that Fernando was wanting to "go further" with Marcia. It was weird that she pulled away."

Interesante. My impression was the opposite. I thought he wasn't into it, she sensed that and so she pulled away.

As for Saimon, yes, he's a creature of extremes. But he and PM are two of a kind. They're both immature. She's boy-crazy and he goes ga-ga over every pretty woman he sees. She's just as jealous as he is, but her reactions aren't as cartoonish.
 

Mama T reminded me of the Flying Nun last night. That wig made her look like she was about to take off. If a good strong wind had come along she would have flown right out of that restaurant.
 

All i got to say is i hope lety ends up with aldo they seem so good together. and here look at some reasons why ferni shouldnt be with lety: he only loved her after they did it aldo loved her before they even kissed ferni hurt her before he fell in love with her aldo listens to her and helps her be strong ferni still went back with marcia after saying i love you to lety only a couple hours ago. I personally think lety should stay with aldo.
 

Great recap!

I have 1 question-
if Ferni's parents adopted Marcia after her parents died,
aren't Ferni and Marcia like siblings? How strange is it for them to be together, after growing up like that?! yuck!
 

That reminds me of the birthday party flashback when Fernando, Marcia, and Ariel were kids. Marcia was chasing him (unsuccessfully) even then. Sidebar: I don’t remember a little Ana Leticia being in that scene. No great loss if she wasn’t – she was probably an annoyingly shrill little airhead back then, too.
 

I agree Lola, the Flying Nun exactly! That's what came to mind when I first saw her "do".

Fernando is use to following strong women it seems. Mama T. bosses him around and so does sister/lover Marcia. He needs to move away from them and find his own way.

Aldo is looking better but I don't like the way he seems to be charming Luigi and everyone else he meets.

Carrie L.
 

LFMB ENDS FEBRUARY 23 IN MEXICO IT ENDS WITH A WEDDING BUT I DONT KNOW WHO LETY MARRIES I HOPE ITS ALDO lol

and yes ferni and marcia r related becuz ariel suposedly is humbertos stepson yuck can you imagine ur sister as ur girlfriend? he must love her

i dont want to spoil anything but i found out on www.esmas.com that a new person threatens a relationship cant say who go to www.esmas.com and click on novellas and then on la fea mas bella it will be in spanish though sowy
 

The 2011 discussion for Capitulos 199 & 200 is at this link.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder