Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Zorro Monday March 26, 2007: Pity Parties Galore

This is just the start to yesterday's episode, I'll be adding more later. I had computer problems last night and had to spend my evening shopping for and purchasing a new monitor. So by the time that was all over and I got the darn thing installed, it was late. Anyway, I'll post what I've done so far so we can start our discussion.

I've added part two below. Thanks for understanding my tardiness.

Diego and Fernando are talking in the stable, while Mariangel watches. Diego is confused and doesn’t understand quite what FS is saying. D-What are you talking about? You want me to marry MA? FS- If you are a gentleman, you’ll do it. MA-Papa, Diego still isn’t feeling too well. FS-Leave us alone (to MA), we’ll be talking later. She actually listens to him and leaves. Now alone, the two men continue talking…D-I don’t know what to say, I can’t seem to get my thoughts together to figure out what happened last night. FS-What happened last night?!? It is quite clear. You had sex with my daughter in her bed, in my house. That is a grave offense, for which you will have to answer. What, you have nothing to say to this? Go ahead and deny it. D-I don’t remember. FS-Of course, you were drunk (he says in disgust, need we remind FS that just a few episodes back he got so loaded he had to be carried home), but you are a gentleman. You should be in control of your feelings and emotions. D- I don’t know what happened (he’s beginning to sound like a broken record). FS- Almudena and I found you in Mariangel’s bed, naked. D-If I dishonored Mariangel, please forgive me. FS-Your apologies mean nothing, if you are a gentleman you’ll marry her.

Dena, meanwhile, is visiting Esmeralda. She knows she has to tell her about what happened with Diego, and she really doesn’t waste any time. The two rehash a bit about Montero and the Marquesa (MC), how MC really put the squeeze on him. Esme says how Monty made a deal with her, because he’s greedy, he agreed to let Esme out of their marriage as long as she tells MC that he had nothing to do with the things that happened to the de la Vegas. Dena takes this chance to break the news. D-“Esme, you need to be strong. Mean are impulsive and they don’t always think of the consequences of their actions. Last night, I only told you part of the story of what happened to Diego, why he didn’t come to the party. We found Diego in Mariangel’s room, with her, naked.” Esme is shocked and upset. She says that there has to be a mistake. Dena insists that she and Fernando saw them together. Esme says that there is no way Diego would do that , Mariangel must have tricked him in some way. E-MA is capable of doing anything to get what she wants. Esme goes on to say that she knows how MA operates and that when she saw MA with Diego the day before, Diego seemed strange to her, something wasn’t right. D—I’m sure that this is something that MA planned, but regardless, it is still a bad situation. E- Diego didn’t know what he was doing, he was drunk. D-Well, FS expects Diego to be a gentleman and do right by the situation. Esme starts to cry and says “No.”

Monty is meeting with the judge. The judge is resistant to granting the annulment. He thinks that it will cause a scandal in the town. It will appear that Monty is publicly rejecting Esme and insulting the governor’s family. Monty assures him that FS won’t care, and Esme will care even less. Monty says the annulment can happen because he’s never touched Esme (I betcha this was hard for him to admit to another man). M-She is still pure and I’ve got to be separated from her immediately. J-What is the reason? M-Make something up. The judge goes on to explain that the legal documents for the wedding have already been sent to Spain. In fact they are probably on the ship that’s about set to sail. Monty tells the judge he needs to go get those papers. He orders a soldier to go with him and that the judge better hope the ship hasn’t sailed yet.

At the de la Vegas, the Marquesa and Dolores rehash what happened with Monty. The MC does a comical job of imitating Monty and his graveling the night before. Dolores wishes she could have seen it. The two women talk about Alejandro, how much they both care for him. The conversation turns to how MC never thought Al would marry again and how lucky Dena is. Dolores remembers that they didn’t announce the date of their wedding like they planned to do at the party. She suspects that something is up and she’s sure it has something to do with Al’s dead wife, Regina. Dolores says she knows that Al still loves her, but he also loves Dena. She thinks that Regina’s ghost won’t let Al find any happiness with another woman (if by Regina’s ghost, she means Yumali, then I think she’s right).

Al, who only a mere two or three days before was on the brink of death from an arrow in the back, is out riding his horse. He hurts himself when he dismounts and Yumi is there to scold him, she tells him he never listens. He tells her she is the same way. He noticed she didn’t come to the party last night. Al wanted her there so she can start to learn their customs, just like he did for her tribe a long time ago. Yumi is upset and Al can’t figure out what is wrong. She tells him that she can’t be here, she’s got to go back to the mountains (I think Yumi is learning the customs and habits really well, she too is sounding like a broken record). A-“Where will you go? All of your people are gone.” (Ever the man with comforting words.) Y-I don’t belong here or in your life. A- “You belong here, I care for you. You saved my life.” Y-Who do you care for, me or your dead wife. She says something about how everyone has been comparing them. So she wonders to Al ….Y- When you help me, it is me you are helping or is it her? Al caresses her cheek and tells her that he really cares for her from the bottom of his heart. Yumi tells him that sometimes that’s not enough.

Part Two:

Back to Diego and Fernando….D-I didn’t mean to dishonor MA; somehow we need to resolve this. F-Then no problem, there will be a wedding muy pronto. D-What about my feelings for Esme? FS-“No need to talk about her, she’s married. So follow her example. She sacrificed herself to marry Monty in order to save your life.” D-Don’t remind me. FS- “I have to because you need to accept your destiny. You can’t go around town ruining women/ladies’ reputations.” D- I agree, but…..FS-What’s wrong? Look, you have to marry my daughter or else we’ll be forced to duel.

Esme whines, poor me why all this now when everything was going to work out for her and Diego. She asks Dena if she has spoken with Diego—no Dena says. She goes on to blame MA for all of this, once again. Then Esme gets the bright idea that she needs to go find Diego right this instant to talk to him and find out what actually happened.

FS-Say something because I’m losing my patience. D-“I don’t want to avoid my responsibilities, but give me some time. I’ll marry MA, but I’m confused. I need to speak with MA. I can handle alcohol, but don’t know what happened last night.” FS- You need details? D-It’s all I am asking and I need time to talk to my family, my father.
FS-You have a reputation, I thought Al taught you to have honor and decency. If you use this time as a chance to flee, well don’t even think about it. No one, not even your aunt Maria Pia, will stop me from making you pay if that happens.” Diego nods and Fernando leaves him to ponder his words.

Diego goes and finds Mariangel. He asks her to tell the truth about what happened anoche. MA tells Diego that she is offended, was it all lies? Diego doesn’t understand what she’s talking about. (Frankly neither do I, but I'm sure it is all LIES!!) MA- You opened your heart to me, telling me that you never should have loved Esme and how she deceived you. D-“I remember drinking someplace far away from here. How did I end up in your house, in your bed?” MA-“We came here to talk and kill your pain. You said you liked me in spite of everything and I believed you, so I made a move.” D-I’m sorry, I lost control. MA-“You think this is all an error. You did it because you were drunk. But we were together last night. I believed your words. You know I love you and if you used me it was all worth it. I’ll remember your words and your touch. So don’t worry, I’ll talk to my father and tell him that I’ll live with the dishonor. So go on with your life and don’t worry about me.” MA, throws a fake pity party for herself, and Diego is too blind to see it for what it really is. MA walks away and Diego makes a half hearted attempt to call her back.

Diego rides off, leaving the governor’s home. The little apple boy tries to give him the message from Esme, but Diego doesn’t see or hear him.

Padre Tomas tends to the facial wounds that the Cardinal got from Nutty Nun. They rehash what has happened. PT finds it interesting that NN knew about Fernando and Maria Pia’s meeting, but doesn’t let on to the Cardinal. The Cardinal tells PT that NN is possessed and she’ll never become a nun.

Maria Pia prays over NN, who is writhing in her bed. In a guttural voice, NN tells MP that she is a hypocrite and tells her to be quiet. MP whispers that she’ll tell NN everything that happened with her and Fernando. MP does an abbreviated rehash. She tells NN to rest and get better. After MP leaves, NN mutters that she saw them; she saw them in their desire.

The doctor/dentist/gravedigger has come with some Indian healers. His medicine isn’t enough to help NN, so he brought in the big guns. It is the spooky woman with the white irises. MP tells the doc that she’ll have to check with PT about using native healing methods. The spooky woman’s son tells MP that his mother senses an evil presence here.

MP walks away and runs into FS. He tells her that she’s driving him crazy and asks her why she didn’t wait for him longer the night before. FS- What did you want to tell me? MP-You were the one who wanted to talk to me (you got your chocolate in my peanut butter; no you got your peanut butter on my chocolate). The two discuss who sent whom a note. FS tells her that NN delivered the note from her. MP starts to figure it all out and clues FS into the situation. FS questions how MP could have enemies. MP- Sister Suplicios (NN) was angry; she didn’t like my nomination to become Mother Superior. FS tells her he doesn’t like it either. FS-What am I going to do without you? MP tells him that he will live like he did all those years before. FS tells her that he didn’t live, he only suffered without her. MP doesn’t like hearing this and tells FS, Enough! FS –“ I promise I’ll never let you take your vows to become a nun if it is the last think I go.” He goes on to threaten her; that he’ll destroy anything and everything that is hers if she follows through with the consecration. (Not the way to win a woman’s heart, I can tell you, bad move Fernando. Just when I was kinda feeling sorry for you, you had to go and open your mouth and spout out this garbage. Learn to shut your pie hole, and if she really loves you she'll figure it out--threats will only push her farther away.)

Esme comes home and confronts Mariangel. She demands to know what MA did to Diego. The women exchange words (insults were flying, each got in a couple of good digs, but I think MA won this round). Esme calls MA a liar and MA rubs salt in Esme’s wounds by adding that last night Diego made her his. Esme hauls off and slaps MA. MA gives as good as she gets, and slaps Esme right back. Esme pulls back and lands a solid punch right in MA’s smug face (Yipee!! Way to sock it to her Esme!! Esme definitely won this round). A cat fight ensues and finally Dena is able to break it up. Esme tells MA that she trusts Diego and MA is going to pay for all of this. Later Esme and Dena are alone and they go over all of the details again. Esme and Dena, both, are convinced that MA arranged the whole thing. Esme comments that if Diego read the note, this shouldn’t have happened. Dena suggests that perhaps he never got the note, but Esme trusts the apple boy and she’s sure he got it.

Diego arrives home and is greeted by Al and the Marquesa. Al reviews all the happenings of the night before and how Diego missed it all. Diego tells him that something came up, he ran into a problem. Al lets him know that Dena filled him in on all the details of Diego’s problem. MC isn’t aware of what happened, but she senses it must be something big because there is some tension between the men. Al tells her its nothing and he and Diego find a place to talk. Al asks, “How could you.” Diego tells him all about getting drunk and not remembering. Al tells Diego that he’ll have to marry MA now. D-I don’t care, after all that has happened with Esme and Montero. Al needs to remind him that Esme did it to save Diego’s hide, and he does. Al adds that Esme loves Diego. Diego doesn’t really reply and the two men start to discuss what happened this morning between Diego and Fernando.

Outside the de la Vega home, the apple boy arrives. He finds Bernardo and gives him the note for Diego. There is an exchange between the man and the boy about how can Bernardo understand him if he’s deaf. Bernardo indicates that he can read lips. However, that skill seems to fail him when the boy asks for a coin in exchange for delivering the note.

Al and Yumi run into each other outside the house. Yumi has changed into the dress Al bought her (I thought earlier in the episode she told him she ripped the dress to shreds, but maybe I’m wrong about that). They yammer on some, (I picked up some major flirty vibes). Yumi goes on to assess Al’s personality. She tells him that he lives in two worlds. 1) He’s a successful and powerful military man 2) He’s a man looking for love, but afraid to find it. She says she lives in one of his worlds, can he guess which one?

Bernardo finds Diego. He has Esme’s note. Diego tells Bernie that he’d rather fight all of Zorro’s enemies than live with the disappointment he knows Esme will feel when she learns of what happened with MA. Diego tells Bernie to leave him alone and Bernie leaves without giving him the note. Diego rehashes to himself about Monty and Esme getting married. Oh, methinks a pity party has begun. He says that Esme knows what he(Diego) is capable of doing so she never should have agreed to stay with Monty. She should have had faith in him. Diego heads out for a walk and runs into Dena and Esme arriving. Dena tells the two that they really need to talk and they should do so with their hearts. E-I came here for answers. D-So you know. E-I don’t understand, but I’ll believe whatever you tell me. Diego says something along the lines of he wants to know some things himself, but he’s a gentleman and wouldn’t ask them, especially to the woman he loves (so he’s fishing for some info about Esme and Monty’s personal life). E-Are you asking if Monty and I…..D- NO, you went to Monty after all I did to save you. E-I had to save you. D-At what price? You didn’t have to do that , you know me and what I can do. You should have waited and we could have found a way. E-You don’t know that. They segue into what happens in the privacy of Esme’s home. Diego insinuates something’s gone on with Monty. E-Is that what you think of me? So last night with MA was a way to get back at me? D-I don’t know, if I did it or not. All I know is how I felt when I saw you with Monty on that balcony. You chose to stay with him and my heart broke. Nothing has meaning for me any more, so maybe I did sleep with MA to get back at you. To get that image of Monty in your arms out of my head. E-So what do you plan to do? D- Same as you did, I’m going to marry MA. E- I hope you know what you are doing. D- I don’t have a choice. I have to accept what I did to your sister. E- I had hoped that nothing happened. That MA was lying. So I’ll have to accept it and know that everything is lost. D- It was lost when you went back to Monty. E-Are you blaming me? D-There’s no room for blame. You made your choice and I made mine. So here I have to accept the future I didn’t want---a future you created. E-I guess it would be best if we don’t see each other any more. D-I agree. (Wow after typing it I'm beginning to think these two are just a couple of big babies.)

Maria Pia speaks with Padre Tomas about the Indian woman treating NN. PT thinks the Cardinal won’t like it, but go ahead and he’ll deal with the consequences (or as I like to say, it is easier to ask forgiveness than to ask for permission). The two go on to rehash the whole set up NN arranged. PT tells MP that NN is obsessed with her. MP tells him that she (MP) let her (NN) down. PT warns MP to be careful about FS, he’ll keep on bothering you. MP says nothing about FS’s threats.

Sister Carola discovers that NN has escaped. We flash to NN in the middle of a reedy river, up to her neck in the water. She’s hanging on for dear life and praying to God. She slips under the water and a hand reaches out to save her, it is the runaway slave. He rescues her and she tells him (though he doesn’t understand) that she used to think he was a demon, but now she knows he is an angel sent to save her life. The rest of the sisters start looking for NN. While they are out looking a group of men approach Maria Pia and ask her if she has come across a runaway slave.


In Callao prison, Hermes confesses to Sara Kali that he does know why he is in prison. He tells her that he used to be an important man, a tax collector (not so important in my book, but don’t tell the IRS that). He stole some money to buy medicine for his family. They took everything away from him and he got put in the prison. SK tells him that he is her friend. Hermes asks her what she did to get put in prison. SK-I’ll reveal my secret, but you must swear not to repeat it unless I die in this cell. Sara Kali tells Hermes that she is the true Queen of Spain.

Outside the prison, Renzo, Jonas, and Miguel are planning on a way to break SK out. Jonas is going to send Lucretia, the vole, inside with a note asking SK to provide a drawing of the prison layout. That way they’ll be able to know where she is and they can rescue her. Renzo and Jonas move in closer to the prison and ask Miguel to keep watch.

Mariangel goes to find Monty. He tells her that he is going to annul his marriage to Esme because the Marquesa threatened him because she hates him. MA figures out that Monty must have been the man who jilted the Marquesa’s niece. She finds that rather funny. Monty is ticked off that she finds it so amusing because he knows that MC could ruin his career. MA says not to worry because she took care of things. She fills him in on getting caught with Diego in her bed. Monty gets jealous!! He is incredulous because she slept with Diego. MA tells him to not get jealous. She laughs her wicked laugh and says she’s going to marry the man of her sister’s dreams (I hate, hate, hate her too).

Esme brings up to Diego that they have lost all possibility of being together. D-Possibility of what? You are married to Monty. E-Why are you being so unfair to me about Monty? D- I’ll never accept you with Monty, you returning to him. After all I did to get you back: suffering Pizarro’s torture, escaping from prison, and getting you out of the church. And you didn’t trust me, you who know who I am, didn’t trust me. I could have made everything all right. E-I’ll never forgive you for MA. I thought you loved me more than that. D-Our feelings weren’t as strong as we said they were. Just forget it. Go live your life with Monty and I’ll go live mine with MA. I don’t love her, but perhaps in time I’ll learn to. E- OK, do what you have to do, and as for your secret, don’t worry. I’ll never tell anyone Zorro’s identity no matter what happens. Now, for what happens next, I didn’t quite get exactly what took place, but Esme seemed to lose her balance and Diego ran over to see what was wrong with her. They got this close to kissing, but Esme backed off and ran away.

Pizarro and his soldier discover Miguel outside the prison. Piza questions Miguel about if he is alone. Miguel whistles as a warning to Renzo and Jonas. They get away before the soldiers discover them, but in the haste of their escape, they drop Lucretia’s harness with the note attached. One of the soldiers finds it and gives it to Piza. He questions Miguel as to its meaning, and Miguel says he has no idea, because he doesn’t read.

Esme cries on Dena’s shoulder. She tells her what happened between Diego and herself. Dena suggests, again, that perhaps Diego never got the note she gave the apple boy. Esme says that doesn’t matter because obviously Diego wasn’t able to be true to her. Dena says she’s willing to talk to Diego for Esme, but Esme tells her no go, it is over. E-"I’ll forget Diego. I am going to focus on getting my mother, Sara Kali, out of prison." In order to get this done, she’ll have to stay married to Monty to find out info on Sara Kali. Dena tries to get Esme to change her mind. Esme tells her that she’s accepted her destiny just like Diego has accepted his.

In the Bat Cave, Bernardo tries to give Diego the note. Diego says he doesn’t want to read it and tells Bernie to get rid of it. Diego is having another pity party for himself, he goes on about how he has learned a lesson that he had tried to lead a normal life, but he should have known that it would be impossible for Zorro to have a normal life. Diego tells Bernie that he’ll go out today as Zorro and work to undo some of Monty’s damage.

The judge returns to Monty, he was able to get the documents. He lets Monty know that he has to write up the annulment and all the couple needs to do is sign it.

Overlooking a picturesque cliff top, Zorro reads Esme’s letter (I thought Bernie was supposed to destroy it). His love turns on a dime again, he tells the wind that he is sorry and that he treated Esme unfairly. She is his love forever, and he is hers forever.

Labels:


Comments:
Can't wait for the rest Cathy.

Looks like Esme is pregnant, which I figured was going to happen. I wonder if Diego believes its Monty's depsite MA's poison. He did read her letter so I imagine he has to believe its his.

I like the fact that Diego is sort of doubting he had a tryst with MA. I mean he didn't just accept her word at face value and he wanted time to think about it. Too bad he has to marry although I already knew that had to happen being the times and all.

I wonder I how is him being Zorro going to workout being married to MA. I know Diego is smart hopefully MA never finds out and he and Esme meet again with him as Zorro?

So SK is queen of Spain. There has to more to this, any theroies. I guess FS wanted to get into royal family and it backfired on him. I take it Esme is princess of Gitanos and Spain.

I liked the scene with Bernardo and the little boy that was quite. I think the boy is very smart, Bernardo has selective deafness.
 

Cathy -what a gal to think of of us and do a post despite your computer problems!

mari - I checked out the puppet show - very funny!

Sara Kali - interesting. I guess she was either going to marry the heir to the throne, or was the daughter of the King, but her pregnancy ended all of that.

It's going to be simply awful if Diego marries MA. What a waste of time to go through that mess, watching that harpy gloat and Esme & Diego suffer. Don't know if I have the stomach for it.

Alejandro is playing with fire with Yumi. Would a true caballero stroke the face of a woman and tell her all that stuff if she wasn't his novia or wife? Get a clue!

Love Diego & Esme. Hope they both "keep the faith".(credit to Tavis Smiley).
 

Is it just me or did it bother anyone else that they had to get the indian witch to heal Nutty from her demon possession. As a christian I take offense to that. I mean God is way more powerful than a demon.
 

I live in Atlanta and Zorro is suppose to air at 9pm. The problem is sometimes it's over at 10, sometimes it's over at 10:30. It doesn't really ever start at 9, and it keeps changing the duration of the show. For a while it was coming on in the morning also. Now it seems to be only in the evening. Does anybody know why they're doing this?

Also a big thanks to all the recappers, I love reading them each day!
 

Mari,
I think the point is to be respectful of other cultures, and especially the indigenous culture considering they were there first and were all but wiped out in the name of the Spanish crown and the Christian government. Remember the natives that were here before the Europeans did not worship Christ, so if they thought they could be helpful to Suplicios, who had done a lot of work helping them (the convent helps the indigenous population because the government won't), that is the only way they know how from their culture; using their gods and spiritual rituals. I don't think we need to see it as one faith better than another, just different customs, and people willing to help the best way they know how. If she is "cured" what difference does it make how she got that way as long as she is.
 

Cathy, Wow! You are true blue for doing what you did to get this recap up.

When Sara told Hermes that she is the rightful queen of Spain my first thought was, "Uh oh, I hope old Hermes isn't one of Montero's plants." Maybe I'm overly suspicious. Hopefully he will turn out to be a good guy.

I just don't think I can bear it if Diego has to marry that witch MA. She'll always be trying to drug him and get him in bed. This will seriously cramp Zorro's style. I wanted to slap him last night, he was acting like such a jerk. He'd better be careful or Esme could set her sights elsewhere. There's always Renzo...

Mari, in addition to the good points that anonymous makes, I got the feeling that the padre and Maria Pia think Suplicios is not actually posessed, but rather mentally ill. Now how a medicine woman would be able to help that is beyond me. I might have to watch their conversation again.

Anon from Atlanta, Telemundo seems to start these shows five minutes late and extend them five minutes past the hour. However last night the last part was cut off from my Tivo so I missed the part where Diego FINALLY reads Esme's letter, so it might have gone past that five minutes. (My work pal filled me in.) A couple of weeks ago the episodes were an hour and a half long, so 9:05 - 10:35.
 

Well one thing is for sure, if she was possessed I don't think a drowning scare would have helped her recover so quickly.

Sylvia, I think Monty knows who SK is we the viewer just don't know what she told Monty yet. When FS had his hangover Monty told him that he knows who SK is. It was one of conversations that we weren't privy to.
 

Thanks Sylvia, I just don't want to miss any Zorro! I keep checking to make sure I set the time, but I too missed the part where Diego read her note. I'm with you, MA is just too awful. What is it with these women who want to "make" the man love them?!
 

What's even worse, MA doesn't love Diego, she only wants his name and his money. Grrr...

Thanks Mari, I must have missed that conversation between Monty and FS.
 

Sylvia, I thought the same thing too about Hermes. Not that he is a plant, but perhaps he'll use the info to get himself out of prison. I hope I'm wrong. Not everyone is willing to sell their soul to the devil.

I don't know if NN was supposed to be cured. Since the whole possession thing freaks me out, I'd rather think of her as being mentally ill. I don't believe the freaky-eyed lady has a cure for that. I just find it funny that the good doctor really isn't that good. What is the saying, jack of all trades and master of none. Of course he was dabbling in unfamilar territory, but still he's quite ready to get other people to do "his" work for him.
 

I totally forgot about MA's punch to the face by Esme. Yeah, way to go Esme! MA totally deserved that.

Regarding Hermes, the only I thing I thought was wow it sucks to be a prisoner in that era. I mean he got a murder sentence for stealing some money to get medicine for his family. Darn that sucks.

Poor Judge after all he went through to get the marriage papers off that boat and now no signature.
 

I can't believe how eratic the time is on the Zorro episodes. I don't think I have ever watched a program before that didn't have a definite end time. I now tape the program for an hour and a half, just in case. Sometimes it's an hour, sometimes more. Quien sabe?
 

and let's not forget that now the time has changed to 8:30 p.m. EST
 

Not that I mind much because that 8:00 p.m. novela (Marina) has gotten on my last nerve the only problem is that it runs into La Fea
 

If the time is erratic, does it mean that the ratings are not good and that the show will end sooner than most. I like the show and love the music, so I hope telemundo gets its act together.
 

as for the erratic times i don't know. I know that usually on Telemundo when a a novela is close to finishing it ends half an hour earlier (usually when its a sucky one)
 

Cathy, thanks for the wonderful recap and great details! Wow, what a time you had with no monitor. I’d be out of my mind! Glad you were able to resolve it speedily.

I bet you’re right, Monty must have been seething to admit he never touched Esme. He’ll probably have to make sure the judge talks to no one, ever again.

Ya gotta feel sorry for Diego. He is living a real hapless life at the moment. Every time it seems like something is turning his way, life does another 180 for the poor boy. Zorro is having only a little better luck than he is......Esme’s luck is pretty hot and cold at the moment, too. At least Diego is not buying MA’s “poor me, you ruined me and don’t even remember it” routine wholesale.

I can’t figure out why Padre Tom is sticking up for Sister Sicko. It’s not like she’s ever really done any good for anyone, or anything like that.

I had to smile to myself when I saw the Indian healer lady with the spooky eyes. They’re really nifty special contact lenses that simulate the look of corneal cataracts (as opposed to the common internal lens cataracts, this looks like the condition that is rarer and makes the external covering white over the pupil and cornea). She is supposedly blind and does all her sensing through smell, feel and air vibrations. I guess it works for telenovelaland.

You are right, FS isn’t getting it yet, is he? MP is NOT interested. What part of NOT interested is such a problem for the man? If I was in love with someone who was determined to become a monk/priest/whatever, I think I’d be taking the hint. You’ve nailed it, his threats are going to push her away. More.

I hate to tell Esme and Dena, but figuring out what MA did to Diego still won’t solve the problem. He’s stuck. When they talk to each other, as you note, they sound like big babies anyway. Both have some growing up to do.

Well, there we go. Sister Sicko is finding out the slave guy has a good heart, and he’s not the devil after all. Will he rehabilitate her?

Sara Kali is the true Queen of Spain. Gee, even better than we guessed! I suppose it’s definitely worth taking her baby and locking her away for about two decades in FS’ s way of thinking. Personally, I think he could have flaunted her, though, and made sure that the King couldn’t kill her. OTOH, the King can’t kill her if he doesn’t know where she is….hence the Viceroy’s inspector??

Gee, Cathy, you must have stayed up all night to do that recap. Wow. Thanks again!

Jeanne
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder