Thursday, April 19, 2007

Duelo de Pasiones - Wed April 18 - Alina thinks Thelma is her Friend

I had a power outage last night so I went to a friends to watch and record this very important (not) episode. Unfortunately I relied on the taping skills of my friends son and did not check to make sure the show was recorded properly. It was not. On top of that failure I spent some time chatting during the show and not paying 100% attention. This said I do have some details to impart. First there were 50+ (I counted) scene changes in last nights show. The most important part was that Castulo tied poor Santos to a tree and left him to survive the rugged mountain environment. He screamed and cried Auxilio (help!) to no avail.

Maximo almost sucked a whole rose off its stem as he relished hearing the details of Santos’ predicament as Castulo gave him the details. Maximo finished his rose sucking to gleefully think of how Rosita would finally be his.

Angel the clairvoyant dreams that Alina is in trouble. He wakes to warn Emilio of his premonitions. Emilio quickly dismisses the notion that Alina could be in harms way.

Carmen goes to the casita of Rosita and Braulio looking for Santos. They are shocked to see her and spend the whole episode trying to figure out where could Santos be in between worrying about him.

Luba tries to get Gaspar enlisted to her Save Alina Crusade. Gaspar thinks it would better if Alina is left with Orlando, that way Orlando wont be after his Munequita. Luba is exasperated with Gapsar. Gaspar is stubborn and refuses to help the whole show.

Alina recounts her brush with being raped at the hands of the Lieutenant Orlando to Vera. Vera, ever the compassionate resident of Stupidville doubts Alina’s story. She tells Alina that the Lieutenant has always been so nice to her. ...

Orlando tells Thelma how his rape attack was interrupted by Tonky/Donky the sweet little guard doggy/ best resident of Stupidville. Orlando tells Thelma that he wants to kill the dog. Thelma is all for the idea.

Don Loco sits down in Marinas room to have a chat with her about the real nature of their fathers death. Their father (as told by Don Loco) was a broken and destroyed man from the years of hurt brought on by their mothers' cheating ways. There is a flash back showing their father looking weak (skinny) and not at all like a rancher but more like an academic, walking along a cliff. The father sits down, dangling his legs into the air over a steep drop below the cliff. He then uses his arms to push himself off the cliff and over the side. All the while young Alvaro calls his name.

Young Alvaro sees his fathers death, knowing that his father didn’t accidentally fall like people thought, but that he committed suicide because according to Don Loco he was dead inside. Marianas eyes bulge as she listens to Don Loco tells his tale. DL ends his story by saying his fathers suicide impacted him so much that he will never forgive Soledad for her betrayal.

Creepy Doc is at the Meson de Edelmiras (why would he be there?! but I digress) when he is approached by Sergio who tells him el Patron wants to see him.

Santos calls into the night Help! Help! He hears rustling in the woods near him. He panics. Who’s there he calls. Help me. Doctor Zavala shows up next to Santos to ask why he is there. The rest of this scene I did not follow. Reader perhaps you can help fill in the details.

Emilio gazes at the stupid necklace and throws it into his suitcase vowing to never touch it again or something like that.

Creepy Doc/Ricardo meets with Don Loco in the hacienda office. Don Loco tells him that he realizes that Mariana needs medical treatment and that Sierra Escondida doesn’t have all the things she will need for her therapy. He asks Ricardo to help him by buying all the things Marina will need to get better. Ricardo is dubious at first but relents. He takes a huge wad of cash from Don Loco just as Adela conveniently comes in with some coffee. She sees Ricardo accepting the money.

Vera has just told Thelma all the details of what Alina has said to her about the attempted rape. Thelma tells Vera she needs to talk with Alina, she’s her friend too after all. Vera buys it and takes Thelma with her to Alinas room. Alina opens the door thinking it is Vera but Thelma pushes herself in and sends Vera off. Thelma works on stupid Alina’s feelings by telling her that Orlando feels bad for what he did. He only did it because he lost his head for her (with love). Alina tries to tell her side of things as Thelma pretends to listen. Thelma pretends to side with Alina. She tells Alina she will punish Orlando. Alina wisely believes her.

Coral goes to check on her hubby Don Celso to find him passed out. It doesn’t look good for the old Don. She calls 911, crying through her conversation asking for Auxilio! Help! She begs Don Celso not to leave her. (It appears her hair is now one color. My she has matured in marriage.)

As Ricardo is leaving the hacienda he is met by a gun toting Sergio who demands that Ricardo return the $$$$ that Loco just gave him. Ricardo is confused and angry but returns the money. He doesn’t understand why Loco would play a game like that with him. Gosh I think we have found our newest citizen of Stupidville.

Jaime, Ifigenio and Vera talk about what happened to Alina. Jaime immediately believes Alinas story while Vera argues for Orlando’s innocence. They get into quite a big disagreement with Jaime and Ifigneio incredulous that Vera could stand up for Orlando much less Thelma. But that is just what Vera does. Jaime points to his scar on his face for emphasis as he storms out of the kitchen. (Can we all tell I watched this part but didn’t really pay attention? So sorry. I was counting on the tape.)

Elias spies Ricardo at the Meson de Edelmiras. He goes to Ricardos table and asks to sit down. Ricardo is taken back a little. Who is this mustached man he probably is thinking. After Elias orders them both some beers they get around to sharing personal information. Elias is shocked to learn Ricardo knows Loco. They tell each other their horror stories of dealing with the man.

In between trying to get Gaspar to join her rescue brigade Luba prays to the Virgin Mary. At one point Don Loco goes to visit her. He wants the chest returned to him. Luba is shocked to realize it was stolen by Loco and then shocked to learn it was stolen from Loco. Luckily Don Loco leaves without hitting her or doing any real harm. She prays a little more to the Virgin about the safety of the box (cofre).

Emilio sends Thelma a telegram announcing that he and Angel will be arriving at Sierra Escondida that evening. Thelma realizes that she and Orlando will have to step up their plans to Alina raped before Emilio arrives. Orlando and Thelma devise a plan.

Alina is locked in her room talking to the dog when she hears Thelma screaming at Orlando outside her door. She hears Thelma say she is going to kick Orlando out. Alina goes to peek out. We the viewers are treated to seeing Orlando and Thelma laugh as they play fight outside Alinas door to trick her to come out.

Scenes from tomorrow show some drugging of a drink, Alina drinking said drink, and Orlando locking Alina in her room. Can she be saved once again?!

Labels:


Comments:
That's a great recap for not having a tape. I don't feel like I missed anything by not having all 50+ scenes written out. I think I'm going to try an abbreviated version like this on Friday. My wife and I are both annoyed that it takes me 2-3 hours to recap each week when so little happens. It's all the scene switching. You have inspired me.
WTF with Sergio stealing the money back? I wonder what the deal is with that. Lately there has been more action, I keep thinking maybe we are getting somewhere, but then I look on esmas.com and realize that we appear to have three more months of this show. Somebody shoot me.
 

Ha! Thanks Ferro. You're right about the schizofrentic nature of this show and how its hard on the recappers. Melinama said she tries to limit her recaps to whats important. Not giving all the scene by scene blows sure helps this process for the recapper.

Although I need to say I missed a lot by chatting through out the show. Had I just watched and taken notes I would have an answer on why Sergio took the money. I think he said the patron wanted his money back but I dont know if that was true or just some sneeky plan on Sergios part. Ahh the great mysteries of this show that I care not to have solved. All I really want to know is what is in the BOX!
 

Remember back at the end of ''Heridas'' when we had such high hopes for this show???--There was singing to the BigBand sound, racy , little convertibles, the beach, Gaspar in all his goofy, confused glory. Well, in all fairness, I am willing to admit that I, too, am part of Stupidville because I continue to watch this train wreck of a show. Why , indeed, did Orville R. wind up at the Love Shack? Perhaps, it is the only place around SE to get a bite or be bitten. And ,Elias was drawn right to Orville. Was it the bowtie? How did Elias strike up a conversation with this natty-dressing stranger? Did he ask him, ''Hi there, What's your sign?'' Gavi in ''Desti'' made short work of her attacker [i.e. WHAMO knee meets groin.] Alina , however, stays in the same house as her attacker. The Fulbright Scholarship Committee is looking for you, Alina. Wow...this girl was really, really hit hard with the stupid stick, no?? Also, she continues to have long conversations with Donkey/Tonkey , so I would very much like him to start answering her. I would really like the dog to have lines now . I feel pretty sure that these folks would not be at all surprised by this . And, ''who stole THE BOX ?'' can now be added to our daily query ''What's in THE BOX?'' I am enjoying watching Thelma with a pillow shoved under her top---I think she's up to a kingsized one now. ~~~susanlynn, saying ''help...make it stop
 

I'm also going to try (try) not to recap in such detail tonight. It takes a ridiculous amount of time and yet nothing much happens.

About Ricardo/Orville/Dr. Love, he was at Edelmira's place trying to rent a room, but she sneered at him to go to a hotel. Apparently there is no hotel in the area so he was fretting about where to stay while he tries to save Mariana. I suppose now that he's met Elias he can stay with him.

I dub this show Duelo de Estupidos.
 

Duelo de Estupidos where every character wins the stupid contest and the viewers lose.

Lynn, the ONLY thing I would add to your recap is that Santos appears to have amnesia. Amnesia as a plot line...sigh, how many ways can we say trite, banal, old hat, overused, hackneyed, worn?

Three months? Calgon take me away!!

Great job Lynn, and very wise of you to keep things short. I loved your comment about Don Max sucking his rose. He and Tonki are the only things that pique my interest these days. Oh, and what in the hell is IN THE BOX??? It had better be earth-shakingly brilliant after all this build up!
 

I discovered I actually can write a shorter recap when I watch the show while taking notes on paper - because I know better what to skip when I have a pen in my hand than when I'm typing on the computer. I also try to force myself to keep away from the pause button - just take notes in real time, that weeds out a lot right there! Also, it's easier to consolidate a lot of nothing-happened scenes when you're looking them over on paper. Just my two cents.
 

Thank you for your two cents. I used to recap that way, but loved how much detail I could go into when I watched with the laptop. That was with Heridas, where scenes actually lasted more than 15 seconds, I typed with the show rolling at least 75% of the time. Now, I have to pause at the end of each scene to write what happened. I vow to cut down on that. I love writing detail, but it just takes too much time out of my day. Now if I can figure out a way to recap for pay, then I'll be in business.
 

Lynn, you are amazing! What a terrific recap for all the things that happened on the way! Thanks!

Maximo's treatment of the rose was pretty ooky, and your description of what he did with the rose was even more so--and right on target! Ew, Max! And of course he's mouthing a little Rose. YUCK.

I hope Mariana gets it together soon. I have to say the actress is doing a good job of portraying a stroke victim with this much damage. She's hyperventilating to show distress very much like that little guy I worked with, and moving her eyes that way, too. The blinking once for no and twice for yes, or whatever, must be a fairly solid strategy, because they're using it in this novela, too. I only caught her smiling a little too much once.

Alina has terminal SESID, right? She just isn't getting it.

Lynn, no back quotes today. I chortled when I read your comment last night and realized I gotta be less predictable. (It'll probably last until tomorrow).

;-)

Jeanne
 

I also make notes on paper while watching the show, and tape it so I can re-watch the parts I don't understand. That worked great for Heridas, but this show is so fast-paced and poorly edited that I end up watching a lot of it again. But the recapping is definitely quicker when I rely mostly on my original notes.
 

I know my recaps are LOOONG but aside from them being fun to do, I get the most out of it by making it a listening exercise. When I don't get a chance to speak Spanish much it's the thing that always seems to go first.
 

It's fun to read them, too, Margaret.

Jeanne
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder