Monday, May 07, 2007

Destilando Amor 05/07/07 "What the Hell I Thought this was Supposed to be a Fiesta"

The story begins with Elvira of the serious overbite, filling Minnnnerrrrva in on Gavi working back at company and that Gavi and Aaron have exited for an afternoon of drinking cocktails and hawt monkey sex, while drawing glasses and big noses on pictures of Minnie.
(okay she didn't say the monkey sex or the drawing..but oh yes it was implied). Minnie is seriously upset. Just a thought here, but Minnie isn't that pregnant..maybe if she got up once in awhile and wore something besides those pajamas she would feel better.

Now our spunky heroine Gavi attending a coctel or cocktail function with Aaron of the Twirling Moustache...Folks are thrilled to see Gavi, she is such a breath of fresh air. Ingeniero Eduardo Zaldivar is especially enamoured with Gaviota.

Meanwhile out in the sticks, Sofia, trying to cheer James up (oh please I can't even type that without smirks flying off the page and boomeranging all over the room) makes plans to hang out in Pueblo, the next day..She asks if Isa, will be going..Isa putting on her best "Barbie", face mumurs maybe Rod (translate..big strong man) doesn't want her to come. She demurely looks down, like a good little wife. Rod answers he already ask her. Swell kids, Gidget, Moondoggie and the whole gang will be at the Beach Party.

Now back at Cocktail land...a guy wants to take pictures of Aaron, Gavi and two old guys, Gavi says no way...she gets out of the picture..of course, she doesn't want Rod to spot her in the paper..Gavi doesn't realize the closest Rod has come to a newpaper in the past couple of weeks is to throw-up Tequila on one, courtesy of the help trying to save the floors from his recent drinking bouts. All in all this is by far possibly the wisest decision any of these AssHats will make this episode. I was thinking if that old hotel boss saw the picture, she'd blow Senorita Franco right outta the water. Also points to Gavi for drinking water, even though she'd really like a doble Tequila. Aaron gets his picture taken and I am LOL, cause he puts on the serious Aaron Smirk, with the one eyebrow up, work the camara Aaron....

Oh No...here comes, Pamela Torreblanca..she cuts Aaron from the herd..She tells him that her father is in Berlin and she is there to represent him...(Maybe I missed something..is her Father also in the liquor business?...I wish my family was more inventive..well I had that one great uncle that made gin during the depression, but he went BSC from drinking it...I digress)
Gavi spots Pamela and Aaron and a photographer, Gavi thought bubbles "Oh Crap".

Hilario is sitting down stairs, moping at the kitchen table..remembering his nite of TWB..hawt kitchen sex and then her "Mandingo" dismissal of him the next day. SantaWanna, comes in and kinda turns the heat up on getting a committment outta Hilario..but no can do...he wants nothing to do with SantaWanna (which is okay cause the girl has mucha potential..she won't be lonely long & if she plays her cards right she maybe able to blackmail Isa.)
Just then TWB comes down wearing her trademark shorty red robe..she tries to talk to Hilario..but he says he is vulgar (low class) and walks out on her..I so know he was going to the barn to carry on the tradition of Hombres at the ranch and have himself a good cry and maybe some chunky munkey icecream.

Aaron comes home and Minnie swopes in for the attack...Aaron consoles her that he needs Gavi for the business, blah blah blah..Minnie pretends to believe him and they start kissing, which I think is twisted hawt hate kissing..

The next day

EXTRA EXTRA...Read all about it Aaron boinks Amante
full color picture of Aaron and Pamela in the paper...
Gavi & Ma see the paper and have the big rehash..
Rod sees the paper and Sofia & Isa..are looking over his shoulder...
(James is apparently off his medication and is back in his fugue state as he stares off in space and takes no notice)...
Pamela's mother is sitting at the table and Pamela comes out..she got in late the nite before..she tells her mother, that she has no future with Aaron...but she did have dinner with him..

Now Minnie sees the picture and she goes completely around the bend..she throws the breakfast tray, she yells she screams, she accuses him of everything, but hiding the WMD's in Iraq..pushing, shoving...the ole pounding on his chest..Aaron tries to calm her down..to no avail
he tries to hold her "Let go of me" "Let go of me"...she gets out of the bedroom..she starts down the "Staircase of Misspent Dreams", he grabs her wrist, push, pull, push, pull...Minnie breaks free and does a triple cartwheel combo somersault down the steps...ending up unconcious at the bottom..(I docked her two points for landing on her head)....
Here comes never before seen servent girl...Call the damn ambulance...

Now back in Pueblo...the foursome are attending a fiesta..there is music and Tequila and mole...
The four sit down at a table..Rod and TWB, take off to get refreshments...James makes Sofia dance with him. Of course she can't dance, and I gotta say she is wearing like a 1960's dress that woulda been okay for Samantha in Bewitched...and black nylons and black boots...Gawd Sofia is just such a nerd... James is okay for her though cause he is such a Wuss...she is just leading him around and he is just falling right back into the whip me, beat me, make me write bad checks, abused boyfriend role.
Rod and TWB return with ummm fruity Aguas for the ladies and Tequilas for the men..All the sudden a singer girl starts singing the Gaviota song...Rod is transported, the girl becomes Gaviota..singing to him, caressing his face. (don't you just love when that happens, I think the clinical diagnosis is "Schizophrenia or possibly some other psychosis with breaks from reality").

The song ends and Rod has to do the head shake...what the hell happened thing. TWB, is all over that, she sneers at Rod. "Gaviota, Gaviota, Gaviota"...ah Jan Brady jumps up and takes off.
Sofia starts in on Rod...who is like "What?". Sofie is horrified by the thought that Rod's sperm and TWB's eggs are unlikely to ever become accquainted...Go after her....Sofia commands..Rod answers, "Hey I don't love her, never will...only one woman I want to share DNA with"...James possibly thinking of his own little swimmers, backs up Sofia...and Rod gets up to follow TWB, he'll take her home and send Roman back for them.

Feeling giddy from her small victory, Sofie gets up to dance with James...he turns around and see the dark, unblinking, accusing eyes of Acacia...Oh he is muy impacted...

Meanwhile...TWB is all pissy and says she is so ready to leave, Crispin is drunk and comes up and talks Rod into staying...TWB leaves by herself.

James runs into Acacia's Uncle Meliton, they chat it up about peanut farming and James says he misses England and is returning. Meliton tries to shake Sofia's hand and she bluntly won't which is a real social faux pax, I mean she doesn't know he is a Tequila swilling, incest committing cretin...instead she just does not want to sully herself with the lower classes...Damn she is soooo annoying.

Rod comes back and James is like spinning in circles. Rod asks if James said anything to Meliton ( I guess about the niece thing), but James is one small step from another Fugue state, break down.

Meanwhile over in DF, things are not looking good for Minnie, I think the placenta is in the process of seperating...Aaron is visibly upset, if he could remove the kid and put it on a machine..he would and sell Minnie for body parts.
Hindsite is 20-20, but damn Aaron as important as a spawn is to you, you think you could have worn that dog collar for nine months and then just cut her loose.

Gavi arrives at work, she has flowers from Eduardo Zaldivar...Elvira is waiting to blame Gavi for the whole baby thing. This lady so needs a smack down. Gavi is trying to fend off all callers and taking messages and so on for Aaron. Some guy calls from Canada and Gavi speaks English to him. He is really upset cause his shipment hasn't arrive..she apoligizes and tries to pacify him, but he is all upset. Eduardo calls and Gavi politely tries not to encourage him.

Over at the hospital...things are muy grave, much saying of "No puede ser"...Minnie has lost the baby. Aaron is devestated, Fedra and Pilar arrive, wanting details, but Aaron does not want to talk about it. In her room the doctor tells Minnie, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
she wails.

TWB arrives back at the ranch, she gives the keys to Roman, asks a few questions about who is there..then tells Roman to send Hilario; she has some trouble with plumbling (smirk smirk)...
TWB..is standing in the bedroom in her black negligee looking all seductive and placing perfume on her cleavage...here comes the plumber. "Are you trying to seduce me, Mrs Robinson?"

TWB is all over him...Hilario, has a fleeting vision of spending eternity in hell, but he quickly gives in. The phone starts ringing and ringing and ringing...TWB answers...it is Fedra passing along the miscarriage info. TWB tells Hilario to get out...get out...he runs off.
I'm sure he is headed for the barn..for more crying and icecream..maybe writing in his diary with sparkle pens.

You know Sofia is gonna act all sad, but secretly she will be hoping unlike the South that Rod will rise again.

Over at the hospital..Aaron says he is going to work..Fedra & Pilar are furious..No you will stay and you will console Minnie.

Tune in tommorrow as
Gavi talks to Rod on the phone, deeping her voice several octaves
The Tequila is stuck in New Laredo...egads...
Will it never be a real Fiesta?

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks for the recap Beckster. I am surprised staircase and losing the baby thing happend so soon. Minnie was in great form. She was beyond hysterical. That fall was something.

I'm glad you stated that Sophie was being rude (and it wasn't my limited Spanish). I was surprised but then had to remind myself it was Sophie.

Karen
 

thanks for the recap Beckster.

very humorous and detailed. especially loved your description of Minnie falling down the stairs and landing on her head. (In your opinion, was it better or worse than Antonio's at the end of Alborada?)

J.R. :)
hating myself for missing Eduardo's grand entrance into this novela.
 

Great episode! Aaron and Minerva are such a good team and Aaron on his own, wow - good kisser, good villain, even believable as the bereaved father. He was superb.

I like Rod much better when he isn't sulking. Poor guy - he's had sex once in his life and it was, what, two, three years ago? No wonder he's having psychotic breaks.

Isa is just - not really an actress. I bet her boyfriend got her this role.

Hilario = terrible kisser. He goes crosseyed when he's drunk, interesting touch.
 

Nothing like a fiesta with a wannabe singer belting out the Gaviota song to get our favorite characters into a Prosac moment..Jeez, what deep seeded anger lurks in all of these wonderful characters.

Gaviota is only sane one of the bunch,but how much of the "wackjobs" can she take before she becomes like them.?

James & Acacia's relationship is quite disturbing,or maybe it's her demeanor and the relationship with her uncle,I believe..This story line is so uncomfortable,personally..Don't know how others feel..
 

Beckster __Damn, what would I do without my cupa java and you on Tuesday mornings!! Thanks for always getting me started with a smile.

I gotta sorta like Sofia for doing all the right things for all the wrong reasons --particularly with Melitón. I wouldn't have shaken that guy's greasy palm, either I'm thinkin'.----What you want to bet the farm really belonged to his dead wife and went to naive, abused Acacia? As for disturbing, I keep hoping she's really 19 or 20 at least, but because Tío Meli starved her for so long ("More?? You want MORE???") she just looks like she isn't old enough to have a driver's license........
 

Thanks for the funny and entertaining recap, especially the chunky monkey ice cream and sparkle pens! I was startled when I saw Acacia standing in the doorway at the fiesta. She looked like an apparition. I'm afraid this part of the story is going to get even more tragic.
Frances
 

About the handshake between Sofia and Mel...Yeah I know he is greasy..but Sofia has no reason other than his lower class status...Listen I come from a long line of WASP's very Puritan unaffectionate people and when I go to the ranch in Mexico, my husband laughs cause I have all these, really elderly women who come up and pet me...I know I know it sounds weird, they are really short too..but it always happens when I am sitting down..I also get petted by all the "slow folks"..then I have to shake the hand of all the men, my husband hasn't seen in 35 years..and yeh..considering it is fiesta time, many of them are drunk..but I would never embarrass my husband by refusing..& I don't want to appear as the "ugly american", it is just a common courtesy..but I guess Sofia is just so class consious..Hey what am I saying Sofia is wants to be a Bitch, but she is too mediocre to even be that.
 

Beckster...What can I say??? You have made me look forward to Tuesday mornings [something I would have never thought possible.] I always eat breakfast with your recap. I find myself hurrying every Tuesday morning to pour out the oj and coffee and fill my bowl with Cheerios..then, off to the office and your delicious recap. I took notes. Yes, HotRod IS a great, big, supersized Moondoggie sans the hoodie sweatshirt and swimtrunks and recod contract. Surf's up , HotRod ! James Darren was probably one of my first crushes and the beginning of my appreciation for dark and handsome dudes. I fell for hubby because he reminded me of him. And, I enjoyed this line immensely in reference to Minervaaa's staricase event : ''triple cartwheel combo somersault. '' with 2 points deducted for the head landing. [Which leaves her behind Gavi whom , I believe, received a 10 from you for her landing after the car hit her in Londres.] Chantal IS the queen of the hissyfits. She can definitely bring the crazy. I just love it when she really goes for it and things start flying. You go, girl. How many times have you wanted to channel that rage??? I am raising 2 hands here. The guy who plays Meliton played such good guys in Alborada and AmorReal. It seems odd to see him play such a nasty, repulsive character here. I agree with Melinama that Hilario is not a good kisser . He is trying to convey passion by moving his head around a lot. Slow down, Cowboy. Easy does it. Footnote : See ''Alborada'' any kissing scene with Luis and Hip. Thanks, Beckster. You never disappoint. ^^^Susanlynn, looking for her surfboard
 

So... when I saw the previews on Friday I couldn't tell whether Minnie fell or got pushed. And then last night I turned away at just the right moment to miss it. So... it sounds like it was sort of a joint effort between Minnie and Aaron, playing tug-of-war on the stairs. That was actually kind of brilliant. Now they can both blame each other.

I hadn't even thought of the old hotel boss. I wonder if she will come back to cause trouble? She and Elvira could join forces for some tag-team bitchery.

I thought Pamela or her mother referred to a pregnancy... did I misunderstand this? Maybe they were talking about Minnie. I just remember that Pam's mom referred to Pamela's "condition" one day last week and it got me to thinking maybe she's got a bun in the oven. If that's so and if it's Aaron's, I don't see much of a future for Minerva, unless she tries to have Pamela whacked or something.
 

I don't think Pamela's "condition" is pregnancy. Maybe she has one of those photogenic wasting diseases. Or maybe silicone poisoning...

Always with the staircases! Beckster called this one.
 

Melinama,
I have some gorgeous pictures of Fernando Colunga in "Alborada" that I would like to paste up on this blog scene for all the ladies who don't know why we are all twittering about him.
Can I send them to you and where would I send them?
Beckster is too much, isn't she?
 

P.S. Loved the title !
 

Great recap Beckster. In fact all of you guys have made reading the recaps the highlight of my day. I laughed, I cried (not really), I jumped for joy at different parts of your comments such as: 1. James apparently off his medication in a fugue state. 2. The description of Minnies descent down the stairs. 3. Hilarios fleeting vision of spending eternity in hell. 4. (Drumroll) The one that really won the prize was - if Aaron could remove the kid and put it on a machine he'd sell Minnie for body parts. That was priceless and so in line with something my favorite character would do.
 

Thanks beckster for the great recap. Maybe Pamela's "condition" is that she can't have children, therefore she would not be able to give Aaron the son that he needs to secure the Montalvo fortune. Evil Aaron seems to have true affection for her.
Miranda
 

Since Isadora is "hot to trot", I feel Aaron is her next conquest..

Has anyone noticed the change in Joanna Bekker (not sure that her last name)playing that redheaded fluzzy one of the many girlfriends of Aaron, and how much she has changed from novela to novela?
 

I've been wondering about Pamela: what is her "condition" (something to do with bad judgement?), why she and Aaron broke things off, and why on earth is he interested in her at all now?
 

exportred...
Yeah I got the same feeling when Isa was peering out the door last nite during the preview...
Thats what I soooooooooo love about Aaron..I am officially resigning my LFMB love for Omar...Aaron knows how to bring the self-centered..raise an eyebrow and smirk and all at the same time. Omar just can't sustain that level of self centeredness with malicious intent..
 

Very funny recap. "Mandingo" - never read that when younger - thought it was too salacious. Oh, to be that innocent again. ;)

Loved your ranch reference - "cut Aaron from the herd".

Isa acting compliant - estupida. She hasn't learned a thing, not one thing, about Rodrigo. His true love, Gav, is not a "compliant" type.
If Isa used her brain,instead of reading "Cosmo" (actually, it's Sophie who reads "Cosmo" and passes the advice on), she might have a chance with him.
So, Isa and Aaron beget the next nieto? Stay tuned.
 

Aaron did sorta make that offer to Isadora, and I guess it would make for a much better complication if she got knocked up by Aaron than by Hilario.

I've only been watching novelas for less than a year, but I've seen Joana Benedek in three different ones now plus one Don Francisco. She looks different each time - more fake. :( But I have to admit, she is not that bad of an actress, when given a decent role to work with.
 

Joana Benedek..Thank you for the correction..With you,she's a great actress..
 

Thanks for the recap.
let the games begin.
 

Poor Hilario! He's in a bad spot and totally at the mercy of Isa. And Aaron, now that he's been through so much, being rejected/slapped by Gavi, losing his varon. Who is going to help him get through this tough time?
 

As for why women lean toward a certain type of hombre, I just read this in a magazine : ''Ever wonder why some of us melt over tall, dark, and handsome while others get weak in the knees for a Hercules-built blond? In a recent study , researchers found that women tend to be drawn to men with a genetic makeup similar to that of their own family.'' [Biology Letters journal] What do you think about this theory ? Si y no ??????
 

How similar...?
 

Susanlynn..
Wow that totally flies in the face of every bi-racial sterotype you ever heard...I think alot of that was people tended to marry within their own groups..I mean check out the Sopranos...but now people move around a lot more.

Also Hilario and the bad kisses...Well the boy never seems to be the aggressor..SantaWanna jumped him, then Isa..unless he was practicing on Flicka...he is a bit of a Novice...Even Rod was kissing those hooker chicks in England..he just couldn't seal the deal.
 

Agreed on Hilario. Last night's Hilario/Isadora kisses made the Aldo/Lety kisses look pretty good by comparison. (But only by comparison. And at least Hilario looked like he was enjoying it.)
 

Beckster--You are right--Hilario just needs some practice. He looks scared to death of Isa. Maybe he's thinking of how easily big HotRod could damage him.
 

Thanks Beckster, you're a funny gal! I have to ditto what Marketta said. Also, you're expanding my english, with - fugue.

Aaron's an interesting character, he was so one dimensional as Cesar.

Sophie's snub to Meliton was purely from her sense of class superiority. Did the abuela ask about the doctor's name? Was this to check out his pedigree instead of his school degree?

The genetic theory didn't work me.

Wish chunky monkey icecream was around when I needed it...
jb
 

Beckster, I really appreciate it when you add your own personal experience into the mix. Thanks so much for the wonderfully hilarious recap!

J.R., I don't think Minni's fall down the stairs was better than Antonio's. He still reigns in my book. It was muy dramatico!
 

I think people are attracted to characteristics found in their parents but that does't necessarily encompass only physical features
and a lot of it can be sub-conscious (unintentional)
For example maybe someone with abusive parents is 'attracted' to an abusive spouse
or someone is 'attracted' to kind people which in some way exhibit the same type of kindness as a relative.

or even physically it doesn't have to be so cut and dry- you can be attracted to large eyes without eyelashes and a unibrow (for a far out example) because that runs in your family so you think it's beautiful consciously or not- and so you can find someone of a different race that fits that and be attrated to them, they don't have to fit your phenotype exactly.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder