Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Destilando Amor 06/25/07 "Nada Nada Nada"

This is for anyone who came out of their coma...sometime this evening..
The good news: you came out of your coma...
The bad news: No Destilando..it was pre-empted by Lety goes Wild...the Grand Finale..
of LaFea Mas Bella...

Oh Rod; you sitting on the steps crying over your "Death by Gull", is like a cold rain on my very soul...okay not really..but I was looking forward to commenting on Sofie's pink dress of shame...hee hee hee, it had an empire waist and tied in the back...oh Sofie, I think Debbie Reynolds just threw up alittle...

Seriously Rod I will be back next Monday, so for the love of Gawd, pull yourself together man...don't make me mock you...
As for the rest of you Destilando Characters...I am expecting stellar performances...yes, backstabbing, vile behavior & never backing down from a good staring contest..yes Pilar you are my heroine...so rest up in your coffins and don't let me down...as a life long juvenile diabetic...all the sweetness tonite just damn near did me in...

Labels:


Comments:
Beckster^^^That was a great nonrecap. You rock. Loved the pink dress/DebbieReynolds comment...maybe Sophie is channeling ''Tammy Tell Me True.'' Monday and no Rodrigoooo. I am muy despondent. Oh well, I watched a bit of the Lety/Fernando wedding and a little of Christina. I wonder if Hans Christian Andersen ever could have imagined that his fairy tale ''The Ugly Duckling'' would some day be made into an enormously successful Mexican telenovela ???? We live in a wild and wonderful world where such things are possible!!!
 

Not just Mexican, but also Colombian, Indian, Turkish, Greek, German, Dutch, Spanish, Russian, Israeli, etc....

I've actually been wondering if Destilando/Cafe could also be remade in a few other countries. In some ways, I like it better than LFMB, and the themes are universal, even if the crops aren't. :)
 

Bwwwaaahhhhaaaa

St Aldo must be watching over me...
Thank you St. Aldo...
I get to stand=in and recap tonite...
Tammmys in love
 

beckster - what can I say? You're a hoot! Did you ever think the 60's fashions would come back and you could comment on them?
Life is grand!
 

We get to return to the whirlwind romance of Sofia and her frog -- but she's already kissed him and he hasn't turned into a prince.
 

LFMB and Destilando amor are COLOMBIAN in origin and inspiration. ( As is the cumbia the Mexicans have been so fond of these past few years. )I like the American version of LFMB the best, especially when Angelica Vale shows up in cameo as the dentist.
 

Beckster you're hilarious, even when there is no program to recap.

I think you are probably the most quoted recapper amongst the lot of us. You are certainly the most quotable.

destilando cafe, I started watching telenovelas to help me learn Spanish. My friend from Mexico asked me what she should watch to help her learn English and I recommended Ugly Betty. She loves it. We had a good laugh about Angelica Vale's cameo. The girl who played the other dentist, Kristin Chenowyth, is also an incredibly talented performer. It would be fun to see them play off each other again.
 

Great recap Beckster. Once again the humor was priceless and too much to requote. But I must say that my two favorites were 1) You'd think they were the health department trying to flush out plague carrying rats. 2) Frankie is giving man whores everywhere a bad name. LMAO at those two.(Laughed my a-- off)
 

Very interesting about the Cumbia origins which became a favorite of most Latin American countries not in recent years but when it was first introduced by African slaves into Northern Colombia from where it spread like wildfire:

"Cumbia is the net intersection of two cultures that settled in the region of what is now northern Colombia at different times; the Amerindians and African slaves. Cumbia began as a courtship dance practiced among the slave population that was later mixed with the European instruments and influence."
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder