Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Destilando -- Tuesday, June 12

Hi everyone! I'm glad to be blogging on Tuesdays. Thanks to all of you for coming to the site, and especially to those of you who have been blogging. As I'm in the west coast, please bear with the time difference while I post the blogs. Oh, and today my cable box got messed up so I couldn't record it, but I will try my best to blog all that I can live, from California =) here it goes...

Our novela starts with Gaviota in her toga singing on the balcony overlooking the ocean while Rod kisses her neck. Rod: I feel I'm dreaming. Gav: Me too, but we have to call the city because people must be wondering. Rod: doesn't matter; about time people find out about us. Gav wants to be responsible and wants no problems with Rods family. Rod wants to send a telegram, etc...they pretend to be writing a telegram about how Rod is currently caught in the eyes of his secretary and they're never coming back...PUNTO!! (period). They pretend to write the telegram.

Back at Montalvo Corp: Minnie is STILL nagging to Aron about how Rod and Mariana are together. Elmira...I mean, Elvira tells Aron he has a call from Rod. Aron: where are you!! I cannot move on without you and Mariana. Rod says Mariana is being transferred to some port (sorry, forgot the name), and Rod plans on visiting the other ports to check on the working conditions there. Rod says things are doing great at the ports. R: oh, and please cover my back if I'm not back by new years, and I have no clue where Mariana is...oops, gotta go, bye... he looks at Gav dreamy eyed saying she looks beautiful. Gavi is worried about the lies about them. Rod promises that she's not going to hear anymore lies...they kiss.

At Montalvo corp...Minnie: I think Rod lied to you Aron. A: mamasita, please find another thing to keep you busy, i've got too many things to do. (Sorry, but this is the villian I hate to love).

In Acapulco: Francisco is trying to romance Isa with some poem and lots of sloppy kisses.

Back at Manzanillo...Rod and Gavi are in little boat that lands at a deserted beach. Rod points to a little hut and playfully says this is where they will live while they build a house. Gavi wonders why he brought her to this beach. Rod promises to devote his life to make her happy. They hug..

Back in Acapulco...Ice and Fran are having dinner (on Isa's expense of course)...Fran pretends to know about wine... tells the waiter to get them a ceirtain kind of expensive wine, and teaches Isa about wine, but the waiter tells him that wine does not exist...I chuckle... Anyhoo, Fran wants to take Isa to champs elysees in France to eat lobster... (sorry Fran, contrary to what you think, Paris is not by the beach). Isa asks him what he does for a living. Fran says something I don't undrestand... I don't think he understands it either.

Back at deserted beach, Gavi and Rod are embracing by the ocean. G: my mom must be worried and people at the corporativo must be wondering. Rod: Good thing we figured that the irregular exports were just a mistake and Aron is innocent. Rod wants to stay at the deserted beach with Gavi forever. Gav (flipping hair): you can't ask me to change my life in a day. Rod: don't u want to be with me? Gav: of course you idiot (OK I made that up)...Gav says of course she wants to stay with him, but not just like that. G: We need to take things slowly...I'm scared ur going to regret it later. Rod: so much time has gone bye I don't want to wait. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. But Gav insists on going back. Rod: OK, tomorrow a boat will come bye and u can leave, but please think about it....take your time, but think about it... he SMACKS a kiss on her and leaves, in a way that only Rod can, and my heart skips a beat..sorry, couldn't help it, his hair is all messy and his shirt is half unbuttoned like a true Rico Suave.

In Acapulco....Fran: I want to work at companies with good personnel and great views. For me, work needs to be like love and provide pleasure and love....grrrr. Isa seems to be buying into his stories. He tells her dum poems and details about making love to her. Isa, learning from past experiences, asks him how much it'll cost? He says, no worries, I'll pay you every penny when we get back to Mexico. He sings to her. Isa is not crazy about it, but hey, its better than what she gets from Rod.

At the mansion Montalvo.... Sofie gets back from the gym. Grandma is calling Dani but no one answers and Granny is going nuts with Dani's move-out situation. Sofie is worried about friends finding out about Dani living with "that guy". Granny is too embarrassed: my family is falling apart. Sofie: no worries granny, sis is going to get bored from living in poor circumstances. Granny: Nopes she's not, you know how stubborn she is. Granny, crying: I had hopes that I would enjoy her company when she came to Mexico. This is the saddest year of my life since gramps died.

Meanwhile, Dani is excited about going into an audition (I didn't catch this very well, if I got it wrong please correct me :) ). Boyfriend smacks a yummy Veracruzano kiss on her and wishes her luck.

At Montalvo corp: Elvira is flirting with whats his face...?? Oh yeah, Onarte...he tells her how he missed her when he was by the ocean and gives her a shell as a souvenir... Aron interrupts cuz he wants to speak to Onarte. Oh, and by the way, he asks Elvira what Minnie was doing there? Elvira fills him in on Minnie's secret spy skills. In the office, Aron and Onarte discuss the trip. Onarte is happy that he did such a great job and tells Aron that nobody will ever suspect them. Aron wants numbers, but Onarte only cares about their reputation and tells him to calm down. Aron suspects that Rod can show up by surprise at the Veracruz port. He wont rest until Rod and Mariana are back in Mexico City.

At her home, Clarita is worried about Gav and is asking the Virgencita to protect her.

At deserted beach, Gav is coming out of a hut... she's looking for Rod but cant find him....tum tum TUUUUM!! dramatic music plays in the background... Gav walks on the beach that looks like the blue lagoon, alone looking for him and the producers lead us to think that some spy killer will suddenly show up....gulp, its Minnie!! ok, I was just kidding...

Back at the Montalvo Mansion: Minnie's attemps to find proof about Mariana and Rod resulted in a Mission Impossible, so she reports back to her other networking spies Granny--"the godmother" (Imagine Granny with dark black glasses wearing a leather jacket) and Sofie. She attempts to convince Granny and Sofie that Mariana and Rod are together. However, now that Minnie is telling the truth, noone wants to believe her. Sofie practically tells her to get a job (??)... hehehe... Sofie also tells her to see a doctor... Minnie gets mad..Granny is worried about escandalos (scandals). Minnie: you're going to regret this! Sofie, one day you'll have to swallow your laugh. I care about Isa!! Your silence make you complice of Mariana while she destroys the marriage of MY friend.

Back at twilight zone/deserted beach...oh wait, now there's mariachi and no twilight music. Gav is sitting on a hammock, and Rod is walking towards her, singing together with a mariachi...Rod can kiss, but he cant sing... hehe...i'm loving this...he's SO trying. Of course, the song they're singing is the theme song "...pooooor amarte...daria hasta mi vida por encontrarteeee"....

After commercials, we are back to Rod's singing. Rod leans into the hammock and Gav kisses him. The Mariachi leaves. Rod: I only sing on islands so I don't make anyone sick (geez, thanks!). Gav and Rod promise to never again separate. Rod, with his typical squinchy-eye expression, begs her to never never never leave him.

At the auditions, Dani is happy because she got accepted. Boyfriend is happy too.

Back at deserted beach: Rod has no phone signal. Gav, under the hut wonders what they will do. Rod: tomorrow you call your mom and I call Videgaray to start the divorce. Gav: what are you going to tell your family...? Rod, smiling, starts talking with an accent saying tomorrow he will tell his family he became a costen~o (someone who comes from the coastal region), and will be staying at the beach from now on. Gav nags about how they have to go back. Rod gives her a coconut and tells her to please enjoy the trip. Gav notices that he's avoiding facing his family. Gav asks why his family hates her. Rod says they know everything, how they met, how he loves her, how she got pregnant. Gav: that's why they hate me? Rod: I don't want to talk. Gav: its important. If we get together, your family will be mine and our children's. Rod: I'm going to renounce my family. Gav: why; what are you hiding? Rod: they hate you because they think ur a bad person and that you went to Europe as a prostitute. Sorry, I didn't want to hurt you. There are many things about the Montalvo family you don't know, and it all revolves around the testamento. He tells her the juicy details about the testament. Gav: Now I understand why they're freaked about about a jimadora being pregrnant with your child. Rod: thats why Aron is messed up about me having a baby, because you are the only person I can love. Gav: thats why your fam sees me as a threat.

Back at montalvo corp; Pamela comes running to her Bichieeee. Aron is happy to see her, cuz he couldn't find her in Miami and started wondering if she's cheating on him.

At deserted beach: Gav and Rod continue to talk about the issues at Montalvo family. Gav now understands why Minnie is bitter about having a child. Gav asks if Rod liked Isa. Rod says NOOO!! She's pretty, but I never saw her like that. Just a friend. Gav: really? There was nada, nada nada??

Acapulco: Fran kisses Isa and tells her he has plans with her for the following weeks (and lets bill it to your room...hmmm... just commenting). Isa says she cant stay that long.

Again at deserted beach: Rod and Gav are talking about how Isa could be with Rod for that long. Rod says Isa would refuse to find a man who could give her what she deserves.

Ironically, in Acapulco: Isa and Fran exchange lots of sloppy kisses. Fran aks isa for a yacht...(!). Isa says I'm married to a millinaire but don't have my own money, DO YOU MIND?? He says no, he doesnt care about her money and he's going to show her that...by dancing the horizontal mambo with her.

Back in a hotel room at Mexico City: Bichie and Pam are in bed. Pam cannot live a moment without Aron: Bichie, r u going to marrie me? Aron with chestshire smile: if you give me a child, of COURSE! Pam is worried... a baby??

Back a penthouse: Minnie stuffs a pillow in her PJs pretending to be pregnant...she's crying...gets a nervous breaksown, and throws the pillow at the mirror...

Clarita at home, is still worried about Gav talking to neighbour Dona Jose. They talk about New Years plans. Clarita tells Dona Jose that don Benvenutto is going to make them dinner and invites her. Dona Jose says she can't cuz she works. Clarita asks her: isn't your son going to visit you? Dona Jose: no, mi Panchito travels a lot and will be in France...somewhere called...mo..mon...monaco?? Esque mi Panchito is very chambeador (workaholic). Twilight music plays in the background.

Talking about Panchito, back in Acapulco Francisco and Isa are drinking chanpagne in bed. She tells him they're going back tomorrow, and they start the horizontal mambo ONE more time as Fran sreams: auxilio! Dang, Isa is really catching up with what she has been missing for the last couple years!

At deserted beach: Gav and Rod Are STILL arguing about going back vs not going back, and all the things they need to do in Montalvo Corp. She persuades Rod to go back and get their work finished. Gav: me too I gotta get my stuff done there. For our good, we gotta do it, let's be discreet. Rod: until when are we going to hide [this relationship]??!!! Gav: your family will always be part of you for life. Even if we escape, you will continue to be responsible for your sisters and the be the favorite of Dona Pilar (Rod smiles). I only respect them and am thankful, even if they hate me. Aron helped me grow, Bruno and dona Pilar have been nice to me. I cant be unthankful, much less let them think that my only reason for entering the enterprise is to distroy your marriage.

Avances to the next capitulo:

- Mariana is going back to Mexico and leaving on her little boat. Rod: I love you! Gav: Me too. But Rod is crying unconsolably...

- Plus, Isa gets back, and she is one angry woman....

Labels:


Comments:
Welcome Tash and thanks for the great recap. The getaway has been fun and now our couple will face another series of traumas.

Karen
 

Excellent recap Tash! Truly wonderful and hilarious. I love the image of Granny Pilar as the Godmother. She could definitely pull it off.

I wonder how Pam's going to handle this pesky baby thing?

I think it's sweet that Rod sang to Gavi on the beach. Even though he can't really sing it was very romantic.

Thanks Tash!
 

Fab recap Tash, congrats on joining the team!

I loved that Rod can't really sing, and you can tell by his face that he knows it and he doesn't care. Adorable!

Smarmy Frankie is incredibly revolting, just as he should be. I also continue to be in awe of Aaron and Minerva, they are a fabulous acting team. Minerva was just wonderful last night, such tight, crazy rage.
 

Terrific, Tash! Loved the black glasses reference! I figure Isa is darned determined to get down to the last penny's worth of services/servicing she's had to pay Frankie for.
 

How much do you want to be that Dona Jose's son is really Francisco.
 

Tash..great recap...
Hee Hee Hee..if you give me a baby
OMG..the freaked out look on Pamela's face...what if something in Aaron's man juice turns wombs into sterile caves of stone...
Hey jest sayin...

I am so glad Gavi & Rod didn't get killed by the anvils dropping all over the beach last night..
& yep I given 2 to 1 odds...Frankie is the spawn of Dona Jose
 

I think so too (about Frankie the Griftolo and Doña Jose), although it's possible they're just setting us up to think so. :)
 

Thanks! It was a lot of fun, and I look forward to (hopefully) get better at this recapping thing :)

Melinama, now I truly appreciate your sacrifice, recapping alborada for us EVERY night...gosh, thank you!!

I am also willing to bet Francisco is dona Jose's son. When she said he told her he travels a lot for work in Europe I was like: yeah, ca-ching!
 

Good job Tash! I'm wondering how Frankie is going to repay TWB.

Minnie & Aaron--they are wound up so tightly--it's just a matter of time before their heads to pop off...
jb
 

I doubt that Frankie plans to pay TWB back at all. If anything, he will probably try to blackmail her into giving him a big chunk of cash so he'll disappear instead of interfering with her divorce (because if he says that he slept with her while she was married, there goes Isa's hope of a big divorce settlement).

I'm more curious as to how he thinks he's going to get away with it. He's very sloppy with all of his fancy talk, and screws up quite often. He might be an amateur. If the Montalvos find out he took off with their money, he will have to deal with their wrath. I can't even begin to guess which one will catch up with him. Perhaps it'll be Sofia. She needs something to do.
 

Tash - thanks for the great recap!

Loved the Gavi and Rod scenes - I want to live on that island. Alone.
Overnight visitors only. ;)

Gavi had to go and mess up their idyllic getaway by talking real world sense to Rod. He just wants to play.

I feel like I should wash the dirt off after watching Isa and Gigolo Frankie. Gawd, he doesn't even know what he's taking about most of the time. Icky - both of them. Slimy icky.

beckster - puhleeze - no more descriptive phrases re:Aaron's liquids. Gagged on my protein shake. :( I prefer the more genteel "his boys don't swim".
Jejeje.
 

Great recap, Tash!

Frankie was soooo creepy the way he was sucking on Isa's fingers! Yuck! You know, in all the other novelas he's come out in, he's always the smarmy, bad boy from the barrio.

And Minnie needs to mind her own marriage instead of being obsessed with Rod and Gavi. Wonder why that is??

Oh, Beckster!!! 'Sterile caves of stone!' Too funny!
 

the best recapper ever! I can understand what the characters are talking about and understood the whole episode thank you soooooooooo
much, also not too much negatives was used beautifully done !I couldn't thank you enough !more power to you !It's really hard if you don't understand Spanish with such a beautiful love story
sp
 

Anvil #1 possibly?

We don't know if Rod told Gavi about the artificial insemination episode he suffered through with his wife, did he? Or do we assume he did? Could he have possibly forgotten the little deposit he made while there? Although if Icedora gets pregnant, it will be a Panchito in her paunch. Ugh, the thought of that makes me slightly ill, worse for poor Panchito.
 

Great job Tash! I'm guessing Rod didn't tell Gavi about the AI. :)
 

Thanks for the great recap, Tash. AAron + Minervaaaa =Bichi + Bitchy hehehe Also, in my mind, I am thinking of Francisco as Cisco...yeah...The Cisco Kid...Isa could sing ''The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine.'' By the way, is he really a professional gigolo or just an amateur? Did he actually give Isa a bill ? Was it itemized ???... That's $125.50 for the neck nuzzling/sloppy kiss deluxe combo package and an additional $ 33.99 for the bad poetry plus another $16.75 for the finger sucking [I believe that I sucked 3 fingers, so we have to multiply that by 3...Do you have a calculator, Isa??? I wasn't so good in the math in school. Also, that will be $365.88 for carrying charges [And, I think I got a hernia, so I'll be sending you my medical bills.] I used to work with a guy named Francisco whom everyone called Cisco. [**Note : that Cisco was a counselor, not a gigolo. ] A student from Cambodia told me that she was ''going to San Francisco'', so I thought that she was going on a trip...no...she had an appointment with ''San Francisco.'' Anyhoo, I think that the Cisco Kid earned every dime Isa paid him. He looked absolutely exhausted that last time Isa pounced on him. [Talk about a woman who wants her money's worth. If Cisco took coupons or rebates , Isa would be checking the morning paper for them.] By the by, porque is Isa paying for it when Hilarious and AAron were willing to do pro bono work for her ???? My guess is that after all that hard work, Cisco may actually be considering going back to school to train for an easier , less exhausting way to make a living. I'm just saying....
 

I would like to see Hilario get back into the action again!
 

Does anyone know if Frankie is played by the same actor who played Veneno in _Contra Viento y Marea_?

I also think Patricio's actor played the brother of the crazy wife in _Alborada_. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!
 

Teka~~~I don't know about Frankie being in another telenovela, but he was in the dance competition ''Bailando'' on Sunday nights. He was very eager and pumped up in that show. Patricio was indeed Esperanza's bro in ''Alborada''...besides dealing with his crazzzy sister ,he had a really weird hairdo in that one.
 

Teka: Yeah, "Frankie" was also a character in Contra, but I hardly watched, just I remembered seeing him playing in that novela. He was also a scumbag boyfriend in Amar Otra Vez which is doing a redux on Televisa.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder