Thursday, June 07, 2007

Duelo de Pasiones, Thursday June 7 - Thelma in a bathtub, Gaspar in a wrestling ring, and Alvaro in a rage (as usual)

Thelma begged Emilio, "Please, I don't want a divorce." She started yelling it wasn't enough for him that she loved him and she'd had his child. She said she wouldn't give him a divorce.

Emilio told her to calm down and think it over. She chased him out of the room, yelling, "You are to blame for what I'm going to do!"

Aida (aka Doctor Loca) told her boss they could do the DNA test on Alina because she was alive, after all.

Back at the Valtierra house, Thelma was locked in her room, drinking, smoking, and crying. Singing Aunt called to her through the door. Thelma refused to let her in. She told herself, "I want to die."

Singing Aunt went to Emilio and said she was worried about Thelma.

Meanwhile, Thelma cried and swallowed some pills while sitting in a tub full of water.

Elsewhere: Someone showed Hugo the video of Alfonsina shooting the hotel clerk. Hugo claimed not to recognize her, then told himself he would get the money back from Alfonsina.

Mariana went to prison to see Alvaro (aka Don Loco). Seeing her standing there in her walker, he asked, "Are you cured?"

Yeah, no thanks to you, Bro! But no, that's not what she said. She just said she had to talk to him. "There is something you must know. I have to tell you the whole truth." She sat down.

Don Loco asked, tolerantly enough for him, if she'd married the "good-for-nothing doctor." Mariana said no. She kept hemming and hawing, saying he might not react well to her news because he'd always been possessive and violent.

Finally she came out with it: "Alfonsina lied. Jose's letter wasn't for Soledad, it was for me. I was Jose's woman, and we had a daughter, who died." She added that Alina was Alvaro's daughter, then asked why he wasn't saying anything in response to all this.

Alvaro replied that he didn't believe a word of it, she had invented it all to protect Soledad! Mariana insisted it was true. Don Loco yelled, "That is a lie! Soledad cheated on me!" He banged his fist on the table, said Alina was a bastard etc. etc. -- the usual.

Mariana observed, "How bad you are, Alvaro." She told him to talk to Soledad and Alina. Nastily he informed her that Alina was dead.

After recovering from her surprise, Marina yelled, "You committed the worst mistake of your life. Alina is your blood. Open your eyes!"

Don Loco said Mariana was a liar like Soledad, all women were the same, and he never wanted to see Mariana again in his life, so there!

Mariana mused that one day he would realize he was wrong, but it was already too late for him to repent.

Back at the Valtierra casa, the unconscious Thelma was slipping under water as Emilio kept talking to Singing Aunt in another room. SA said she knew Thelma had done ugly things, but Thelma loved Emilio and SA was afraid for her.

Finally Emilio got around to checking on Thelma, with Singing Aunt tagging along. He banged on Thelma's door, then heard the baby crying and kicked the door open. (Why is that always so easy on these soaps? What's the point of doors at all if they're so flimsy?)

Instead of looking for Thelma, Emilio made a beeline for her abandoned glass, picked it up, and observed insightfully that she had been drinking.

Singing Aunt -- who for some reason seems to have an occasional brain despite being a character on this show -- found Thelma. SA sobbed while Emilio scooped Thelma out of the tub and shouted her name.

Meanwhile, at Coral's house: Some guy -- I think it was Dr. Loca's boss, although I didn't really recognize him without Dr. Loca simpering across a desk at him -- visited Soledad and Alina and told them he wanted to do a DNA test to prove whether Alina was Alvaro's child.

(He didn't say what the DNA test had to do with the charges against Don Loco -- if Alina wasn't his child, would that make it OK for him to shoot Emilio twice? -- but whatever.)

Soledad agreed to the test. What's His Name assured them he would keep it secret that Alina was actually alive, so Alina agreed to have the test, too.

After he left, Coral told Soledad and Alina that she had named her shop Coral's Boutique.

At the Valtierra house: Thelma, soaking wet and wearing a pink bathrobe that matched Emilio's pink shirt, sat on her bed drinking tea and apologizing to Emilio. He grunted in his usual sensitive, charming way that he wanted a divorce. No wonder she loves this guy.

I think Thelma threatened to kill herself. Emilio ordered her to think of their son, "What kind of mother are you?" (Um, maybe a depressed, suicidal mother who needs some professional help, Emilio?)

Thelma went on saying she loved him but Emilio insisted he wouldn't be happy with her, he could never forget what she did to Alina.

She said, "Let the dead rest in peace!" and Emilio said in his deadpan way, "You are wrong. For me Alina always exists." Lucky Alina.

After Emilio left the room (my grandmother pointed out that he ends every scene the same way, by stalking out of a room), Thelma told herself Emilio would stay with her till death did them part. Uh oh.

Elsewhere: An agitated Mariana told Malena and Dr. Love how badly Don Loco had reacted to her revelation. Later, after she went to sleep, Dr. Love told Malena he was afraid the stress would send Mariana into a catatonic state.

Meanwhile, Don Loco raved to Dr. Loca that he'd always thought Mariana was an honest girl, but it turned out she was a traitor like all the others.

Dr. Loca -- who seems to have regained some of her slutty senses where Don Loco is concerned -- said maybe Mariana had told the truth. Don Loco raved some more and mentioned that Mariana had turned out to be just like their mother.

Dr. Loca perked up and asked if he wanted to talk about his mother. I'll bet she read something in her psychology text books about how mothers are to blame for everything.

Elsewhere: Bratty Gaby told her father, Rodrigo, that she wanted Alina to live with them. "I found out that she has a dog and once lived in a cave -- so forget all that stuff about my mother being irreplaceable!" OK, she didn't say exactly that, but close enough. These writers are so realistic.

Alina chatted with Soledad. They agreed that it was too late for them to ever forgive Don Loco for all he'd done to them.

Back in jail: Dr. Loca asked Don Loco if he thought all women were like his mother. He ranted. Dr. Loca said some of Alina's hair had been found on her clothing -- enough to do a DNA test to prove whether he was right about Soledad or sick from jealousy. Don Loco scowled.

And now it was time for Gaspar's luchador (pro wrestling) match! He was announced to the audience as Intocable ("Untouchable") and he came out wearing -- no, not his torn overalls -- an actual costume! It looked to me like a cowboy hat and a Buffalo Bill-type jacket with a fur collar.

The jacket didn't stay on him for long; after hugging the agitated Luba, he jumped into the ring bare-chested and started fighting three or four guys at once. Gaspar, of course, was not winning. It all looked very staged, but Luba hid her eyes in distress.

The announcer said, "The punishment of Intocable! How barbaric! The audience screams! The audience is furious!"

Gaspar left the ring briefly. Luba cried and begged him, "No more!" but he returned to the ring. The announcer said, "The crowd is enthusiastic. His debut until now has been frustrating. Only a miracle can do it!"

The bad guys kept throwing Gaspar around while Luba shrieked. Finally he was thrown out of the ring and sprawled on the ground, apparently unconscious, to Luba's dismay. She shook him and screamed. His manager also knelt over him and looked worried.

What -- does this mean Gaspar really WAS injured? It isn't just a stunt? I guess Luba was right to worry, after all.

Later Luba and the manager had a conversation that I almost completely missed, but I think she said Gaspar was in a bad state and the manager said something about him surviving the night.

(I'm hoping he took a second blow to the head that will restore his lost intelligence -- maybe then he can seek out Thelma and finally make His Muñequita fall in love with him -- OK, it's farfetched, but this is "Duelo de Pasiones" we're talking about, after all.)

Frank had a conversation with the still-imprisoned Orlando that I didn't follow, something about it being tough to prove the charges against Orlando. You'd think that would please Orlando, but no, he acted annoyed and snarled to himself that he wanted to confront Emilio and wouldn't have pity on him or Thelma.

Alina introduced Gaby to Tonqui. (Rodrigo called him Ponqui -- ha ha! I guess Caray Caray recappers aren't the only ones confused by the dog's name.) Overcome by the Power of Tonqui, Gaby asked Alina if she wanted to be her new mommy. Alina said, "For the moment, your papa and I are just friends."

Alfonsina went back to Sierra Escondida -- why? What's she going to do there with all that money?

The teenaged boy, Tito, told Hugo he had seen Alfonsina. Hugo confronted Alfonsina and hit her, demanding, "Where is my money?"

Alfonsina feigned ignorance, but he said he'd seen her on the tape, hit her again, and called her a thief. He started choking her, but Tito ran in and rescued her. Hugo apparently hit his head because he was knocked unconscious.

Alfonsina swore to Tito she hadn't done anything wrong, Hugo had just gone crazy. They started to move Hugo somewhere.

Back in Valtierraville: Emilio told Angel that Thelma wasn't the mother his son needed.

Angel got a phone call from Coral, asking him to attend the opening of Coral's Boutique. He claimed Coral wanted Emilio to attend, too (I don't think that's true. So, after spending the whole show trying to keep Alina and Emilio apart, is Angel now trying to reunite them?)

Angel added that Soledad wanted to see Emilio, too. Emilio was surprised to hear that Soledad was with Coral.

At the episode's end, Don Loco was found GUILTY on all counts and sentenced to TWENTY FIVE YEARS IN PRISON! WOO HOO!

Vocabulary word from this episode:
grabación = recording

Labels:


Comments:
ahhhhhh I hate guys wearing pink its so wrong!!!!!!!! just like i hate monkeys there so ugly!!!!!!!

good to see Tonkey again!!!!!!!!!!
25 years doesnt seem long enough i think more people should go against him! were getting to good parts im so happy! now that i kinda know whats gonna hapen few episodes forward i'll stop tranclateing scripts so i can enjoy the rest! my lips are sealed!
 

Tonkey Donkey nice doggy was with Luba at Emilio's gate the last time we saw him wasn't he? Did Luba ever visit Alina? I don't think so. And now he shows up with Alina just in time. That Tonkey is something else. Cindy
 

I'm pretty sure Luba did visit Alina.

OT- Saturday I was channel surfing and stumbled on a Luchadora show. Much to my surprise one of the first guys they called out was Intocable. Here comes our Gaspar, neat curling long hair, a white cowboy hat, white leather pants with a fringe, white leather vest which he proceeded to remove like a stripper, does a few bumps and grinds. Whew you talk about HOT! Of course I moved on after he got thrown out of the ring and hit over the head with a chair and ended up looking just like he did last night. He sure didn't look feeble-minded like Gaspar.
 

I am so bummed that I don't get any of those lucha libre shows in my area. I've looked and can't find them. I would LOVE to see El Intocable fight.

That's Tonkey the Wonder Dog for you. He can add Navigator and Befriender to Children to his resume of accomplishments.

Frankly I was shocked that DonLoco got sentenced so quickly. Hoorah!! He's a demon all right. But I imagine he will break out of jail and terrorize the girls and make them cry. Desgraciado!!

I was disappointed that Gaspar didn't kick butt in the ring, although those guys were pretty badass. At least he got off a couple of good scissorlocks. Carmel, I wonder if you are right, will get his brains back?

Angel is probably willing to reunite Emilio and Alina because he now has the hots for Claudia.

Carmel, I especially enjoyed your editorial comments on this recap. They were very funny but also really drive it home that Emilio is an unsympathetic dud. My most unfavorite thing about this telenova is that I could care less if the "hero" and "heroine" get together at the end.
 

Thank you, Sylvia! -- I decided I should just write down everything I am yelling at the TV screen when I watch this show. I'm having all these deep thoughts, so I might as well use them!

As for Emilio -- wow, dud is right -- I thought Rodolfo on "Peregrina" was the worst possible telenovela hero, but I do believe Emilio is even worse. It would be fun to see them in a show together to see who can out-dud the other.
 

As for Emilio -- wow, dud is right -- I thought Rodolfo on "Peregrina" was the worst possible telenovela hero, but I do believe Emilio is even worse. It would be fun to see them in a show together to see who can out-dud the other.

Eduardo and Pablo are primarily singers who act or actually can't act very well as opposed to Jamie Camil who can do both and divinely. Pablo and Eduardo look enough alike that could play brothers but what a snoozer of a novela that would be.
 

Oh, I didn't know that the guy who played Rodolfo was a singer, too -- that explains a lot.
 

I have to agree that I really don't care if Alina and Emilio get together at all. I am waiting for Thelma's demise but even that seems anti-climactic after all this time. Thanks to all the re-cappers who have made this dud of a novela enjoyable.
 

so while we are griping about Duh-millio, let me add that i sure won't hold my breath hoping he saves me from drowning... what a dunce ... he pulls Thelma out of the water and he pats her cheeks. But then, she was sitting up drinking tea so maybe that will work. Cindy
 

Yeah if all singers could act like Jaime Camil, I'd say bring them on. He's great. I never saw Peregrina, but Emilioooo really is quite a dud. All these months I was waiting for Don Loco to be heart attack caliber impactado when the truth behind THE NOTE was revealed, that's a letdown, but I was very pleased to see him locked up.
Rodrigo - wow dude get a clue. He gets to spend time with this babe, who spends all her time pushing him away, and his solution is to propose marriage? My wife is from ANOTHER COUNTRY and I still spent more time with her and kissed her more than once (no details) before I took that step. What is it with these guys proposing after knowing somebody for five minutes? I know it's a TV show but jeez.
 

I was kind of worried that real Intocable would get carried away and come out to the ring his usual way (suave, charismatic, sweet, and charming and all) and proceed to show his smooth ring moves--but I need not have worried. It was definitely Gaspar who wandered out bewildered, to the ring, unsure of himself but making an effort to get into the groove. And getting very hurt. Bravo! It would have been totally non-Gaspar any other way.

Don Loco + ridiculous crime sprees + long suffering Caray, Caray! posters = 25 YEARS TO LIFE. Wooo-hah, y'all!

Let Alina get with Rodrigo, Thelma die (so she'll be out of Mihijo's life forever), and Emilio ride off with his horse. Alone.
 

Alphonsina has gone Terminator!
 

It will be interesting to see how they tie up all these loose ends that they are creating ONLY 3 WEEKS FROM THE END OF THE SHOW!

And is it just me or does Rodrigo look really creepy when he smiles? I think it's the gaps between his teeth. He kind of looks like he's grimacing.
 

Stephe~~~I am with you. If I were Alina, I would opt for the lesser of 2 evils and give Rodrigo a try...but maybe I just like the name. At this point, I think that just about anyone is preferable to Emilioooooo. Emiliooo = a lifetime of ennui living with an hombre with uno [1] expression . Let's move on toward the end whatever that may be. I am mostly concerned with the fates of Donkey/Tonkey , Coral, and Gaspar. I need some pirates. ~~~Susanlynn, a little gretzy
 

Carmel, thanks for the great recap! It’s the home stretch!

One of my ex-husbands blackmailed me into marrying him with a “if you don’t, I might as well be dead” kind of threat. That should have been a sign to me but I was too young to understand that meant years of struggle for me, because it didn’t get better. Thank heaven he decided to do something different with his life (with another woman) and left. This kind of emotional blackmail can make a marriage h***. If the individual won’t recognize and deal with his/her depression and suicidal feelings, the rest of the family is held hostage. If that sounds insensitive, I apologize. It’s from experience.

I guess we could have predicted that DL wouldn’t believe his sis and would turn on her. At least he’s always predictably loco.

“(I'm hoping he took a second blow to the head that will restore his lost intelligence -- maybe then he can seek out Thelma and finally make His Muñequita fall in love with him -- OK, it's farfetched, but this is "Duelo de Pasiones" we're talking about, after all.)” LOL! I hoped the same. Apparently that wasn’t it, though.

“At the episode's end, Don Loco was found GUILTY on all counts and sentenced to TWENTY FIVE YEARS IN PRISON! WOO HOO!” And when he stages his breakout, with any luck, the guards will nail him!

Susanlynn--"gretzy?"

Jeanne
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder