Thursday, June 07, 2007

The World of Maniguis

Fellow La Fea fans, I think I have found the answer to the Maniguis question: Maniguis appears to refer to a Mexican comic TV character--a blond transvestite. This must be a jokey reference to PM's blondness--it's almost as bad as "Oxy" as an epithet, to tell you the truth.

Anyway, there are lots of YouTube videos to watch--and they are quite funny. It's interesting that in Mexico they would have run this very gay-themed show. But then I have found it interesting that they have the openly gay Luigi character as well.

Labels:


Comments:
Ding ding ding ding!

You solved the mystery!

Woohoo!! :)
 

And thanks to you, Julie, I was able to do the link!
 

I love the idea of putting a pic of Jaime up here. I've seen some pretty good ones. Melinama, where should I send the pics to?

Esther
 

Send pics to me at caray@mappamundi.com!
 

Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer my question about "maniguis". It's appreciated.
Miranda
 

I thought the word maniguis was slang for 'manita' which is short for 'hermana'????
 

Maniguis is used both ways. The cuartel use it in the hermanita sense.
It's all in the context. Like "mariposa" means butterfly, but is also slang for gay. Fer calls Luigi mariposa, mariposita.
 

Great find! But, why would Martha start to say it to Don Fern? Is he considered a "sister" in the secretarial pool? Definitely not the blond tranny...but he did look pretty good in drag a while back!
 

Maniguis might apply to both "manita' or 'manito' for hermano, hermanito.
 

Melinama, the pic you have up there of fernando is perfect. I was going to send you that same one.

Esther
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder