Saturday, June 23, 2007

La Fea Más Bella #298B 6/22/07 Thank God it's Friday... no, wait...

That's #301 by Univision's count; 298 hours that are somehow going to get wrapped up on Monday night. Yep, it'll be 300 hours on the nose.

Double Impact

Tomas and Lety watch our two galans go flying over the cliff, which turns out to be a lot less treacherous than we were originally led to believe. Tomas jumps out of the car to investigate and runs halfway down to see. He begins calling for Lety in a panicked voice. She hesitates a moment, frozen with fear. (I remember Guru Aldo's Deep Thought: when you feel love, there is no fear. Or is it when you feel fear, you can't feel love? I can't remember!) She snaps out of it and hurries to join him.

Aldo and Fernando have landed safely on the ground and resumed their argument, seemingly unaware that they have cheated death or at least a really bad fall. They blame each other for the mishap as they brush the dirt off their clothes. Fern says it's Aldo's fault for driving in the wrong direction. Aldo says it's Fern's fault for distracting him. Finally the tension between them becomes too much, and they begin kissing. Um, not kissing... what's it called... um... fighting! Yes, they're fighting, just like old times.

Tomas calls for Lety; Lety is afraid to look. He convinces her to come down and see for herself. She scolds them for fighting like little kids. They commence blaming each other and tattling to Lety like little kids instead! Aldo says Fern managed/drove the bikes the same way he managed/drove Conceptos. "I'm sick of both of you!" Lety yells at them from halfway up the hill. She goes back to the car, telling Tomas to leave them there. Tomas protests. Fern smacks Aldo in the helmet and complains about the low blow, mentioning Conceptos. Aldo points out that Lety has left. They pick up the fight where they left off. Tomas watches helplessly.

Later, Lety comes home to her parents, who have returned from their second honeymoon. She asks them to tell her all about it. (C'mon, Lety! Boundaries!!) RoboPop says it was super and they had fun like teenagers. (Lety's teenage years were not so enjoyable!) Julieta worries aloud that Lety will think they were like crazy people. Lety laughs and says she's glad they enjoyed their trip. (That reminds me - did RoboPop ever get his severance from his old job? I wondered if maybe Humberto didn't pull some strings in RoboPop's favor after that time they bonded, but I don't recall any follow-up.)

Lety says she missed them. "And my son-in-law?" Erasmo asks. "Fatal," Lety sighs. "Aldo and Don Fernando went crazy, Mom, all they've done is fight."

Julieta says that "poor Don Fernando" hasn't resigned himself to losing Lety. Erasmo tells Julieta not to start. He reminds her that they weren't going to meddle in Lety's life; that she was going to make her own decisions. Julieta agrees that yes, Lety is responsible for her actions. Lety thanks them and they all join hands for another round of mush.

Meanwhile, Tomas is leaving Aldo's place and thanking Aldo for letting him borrow some clothes. He says he had some trouble getting around in those heels. They joke around about how nice Tomas looked and how silly Aldo looked fighting with Fernando. Tomas asks Aldo if he'll talk to Lety. Aldo says he has to, but it's going to let it be for the night, and talk to Lety tomorrow when she's calm.

Tomas thanks Aldo for getting him a taxi and says goodnight. Aldo asks what Tomas is going to do. "Take the taxi, no?" Tomas answers, but Aldo won't let him evade the question. Tomas says that considering how much love he feels for Alicia, it's better if he stays away from her forever. Aldo says that anyone can make a mistake, and it looks like she regretted it, and she returned the money. Tomas says that doesn't justify anything, and there's more... Aldo cuts him off and says he knows, and advises Tomas to listen to his heart. Tomas says his heart is telling him to be strong, because he should get a separation from his wife.

Tomas wants to leave. Aldo just tells him to think it over carefully.

Marcia & Octavio

Octavio the Guapo is telling Marcia that it moved him to see her during the last movement (of whatever concert or opera they're at) because she was so intrigued by the music, she's so sensitive. She thanks him and says he probably thought that because she's pretty, she'd also be shallow. He admits this to be so.

She says that's not the case, but that she is confused. She has an admirer - no, a suitor - from the Internet. He asks if she's saying this to make him jealous. She says no, she's telling him because he writes her beautiful things that she likes, that move her.

"So I have a very strong competitor?" Octavio the Guapo asks. Marcia says no. She's telling him this because she is honest. He asks what this guy has written for her. Can she recite something from memory? She says she has memorized all of it, but she is a lady, and she's not going to tell him any of it. (A lady never tells?) He begs her to at least share one phrase, but she refuses.

Octavio the Guapo asks, "Did he write you something like, 'Your name is the beginning of the sea'?"

"How did you know?" asks Marcia the Clueless. Then her jaw drops, and a clue flies into it. "It's you! You tricked me?!"

Yes, Marcia, he tricked you. Unfortunately, that's not hard to do.

"I never that that this would happen to me," Marcia says, walking away quickly. He follows her and insists that his intentions were honest. Right. He knows what she looks like, he knows her name, he knows where she works, etc.... while he doesn't give his full name, follows her around and lies to her about his appearance. Yeah, that sounds like a great way to begin a relationship. "I only wanted to know if you are the kind who prefers a pretty exterior or a person's essence."

Well, Marcia could ask the same of him, since he got interested in her based on knowing her face but not her personality. (Sorry, I want to be happy for Marcia, but I really don't like the way this guy is written.)

She tells him that she learned from Fernando, who is "like a brother" (I think she skipped a few pages of history, there), that beauty is not always discovered with the eyes, but also with the heart. "Great! This makes me admire you even more," Octavio answers.

Marcia points out that they don't really know each other, except for a few emails. He asks what she means. She tells him she had a very long relationship and she needs some time. She says they can get to know each other a little at a time, with no hurry. He agrees to this and invites her to dinner. She wants tacos!

A Moment with Fernando Mendiola

Fern is just getting home. He's on the phone with with the motorcycle owner, saying "tell your friends not to worry, we had a little mishap with the motorcycles, but I'm going to have them fixed... oh it's no big deal, they'll be like new. Tomorrow you'll get them back. And just the same I'll pay you for lending them to us [he puts the phone down and stifles a sarcastic laugh] because I have lots of liquid funds from Conceptos."

After the call, he flops backward on the bed. Oh... but it gets better. He sits up again and mumbles that if Omar were there, Omar could give him a massage.

I would like a poster of that.

Fern takes his diary out of the nightstand and begins to write. "Today I was almost killed, but after my Lety gets married I am going to stop living anyway, because I am already without hope."

But but but I'm almost out of Kleenex...

Alicia finishes packing her bags and rubs her belly. (Alicia, you'd better loosen your corset, or you'll end up with a bonsai baby!) She tells the baby they have to leave.

She sits on the bed and caresses the bedspread. "Tomas," she sighs. "Papa doesn't love me, and I don't blame him. Why didn't I realize sooner how much I love you, Tomas? But now I can't say it. I shouldn't tell you because I don't want you to suffer over me.

She rubs her belly and speaks to it. "Forgive me, mi vida! I feel so badly for you, I want you to know your father. That's what I would like the most. But now it's not going to be possible. Forgive me! I swear that my heart is split (?). (Or I know I'm breaking your heart?) I love you, baby, I love you. Tomas, I love you so much. So much."

Tomas fumbles in the hallway with his keys. He's sniffling sadly and still wearing Lety's old shoes. "Why couldn't I get to you, with all I did for you? I did the best I could, but it wasn't enough. It's better this way; we must each choose our own path. I thought the most important thing in life was love, but that's not true. Love is a fantasy that I made up myself."

Aurora!

Oops, I meant "dawn." It's morning. Fernando lets himself into Marcia's office just as she and Octavio are about to kiss. "Sorry, didn't know you were busy," he says, but he doesn't leave, either. He says Lola told him that Marcia wanted to see him. She invites him in, but he says it looked as though she was about to do something, and he offers to leave and wait until she's finished. Noting his nervousness, Marcia asks if he's jealous. "ME? Of whom?," he asks with a touch of venom. He catches himself and offers his hand to Octavio. Octavio introduces himself, and immediately Fern's attitude comes back. "What do you think you're doing, kissi-"

Marcia reminds Fern of her secret admirer. "Oh, so you were the one who was writing those pretentious, uh, those declarations of love. OK, man, really, Octavio?" (Fernando slowly walks around Octavio.) "Is that what you told me? Octavio Serrano, and what pretensions do you have with Marcia - excuse me." (Fernando lets go of Octavio's elbow.)

Octavio asks if Fernando is Marcia's father. (Marcia gapes delightedly.) Fern says he's her older brother. "And I'm going to warn you just once that I am going to watch you. Poor you if you make her suffer."

Octavio says he's not going to make her suffer. On the contrary, he'd like to make her the happiest woman in the world. (But that isn't possible. Aldo already said that he was going to make Lety the happiest woman in the world. They can't both be the happiest woman in the world.) Fern says it'd be worth Octavio's effort: Marcia is a great woman. Sensitive, beautiful, tender, lovable, hot... Marcia is touched. She thanks him for recognizing what a marvelous woman she is. Octavio says this only proves that he wasn't wrong to seek her out.

Fern babbles nervously that he has a rule about mixing business with personal matters. Marcia clears her throat politely. Several times. Finally Fern takes the hint and leaves them alone.

They are just about to kiss again when the door pops open and Fern warns them not to take advantage of being alone. He reminds them that all the people at Conceptos know everything about their friends. He wishes them luck and warns Octavio about Ariel. He leaves them alone and Octavio tells Marcia that he likes Fern, but he seems a little jealous. Marcia tells him that Fern is an extraordinary person, but he's lost the love of his life. Octavio thanks Marcia for letting him meet him. She thanks him for getting to know Fern.

It's going to be very interesting when Octavio finds out who Marcia's last boyfriend was.

Bummer

Tomas finally goes into the apartment and finds his wife sitting upright on the sofa, asleep, with a box and some other things on her lap. He forgets himself for a moment and starts to greet her enthusiastically, but then stops himself.

She wakes up. He tells her he thought she had already left. She says she was going to go, but she waited for him to see her out. He tells her it wasn't necessary. She tells him she wanted to give him some things. First, the car keys, and the jewelry she bought with his money. And the papers for the car. "So they weren't gifts from your father?" She shakes her head sadly. She takes his hand and promises never to bother her again.

Tomas looks like his heart is breaking all over again. "May I give you a hug?" she asks. He turns away from her to avoid temptation. "I understand. You deserve someone better than me," she says. Tomas struggles to keep his emotions in check as she touches his shoulder lightly. "I'm so thankful that you loved me, even though I didn't deserve it."

Tomas turns around to face her again. She touches his face but he pulls away, avoiding eye contact. She grabs his chin more firmly, and this would actually be funny if it everyone wasn't crying so hard. "I will never forget you, Tomas." He still refuses to look at her. She takes her hand away, wipes her own face, grabs her things (only one bag this time), and leaves, sobbing.

Tomas loses control and crumples to the floor in tears. "Chiquita, chiquita." He throws the box of jewelry to the floor. "If only you had loved me just a little bit, just a little bit. I would have forgiven you!"

I really don't want it to end like this, but there's the golden circle of goodbye.



Penultimate words
Somehow, this is all going to get wrapped up in two hours on Monday night.

Before that... I still wouldn't bet on anything either way. Some TV listings say that there's a hour of La Fea instead of Duelo, but I haven't actually seen anything on Univision advertising it, and at the end of tonight's Duelo they just said "Monday through Friday" for Duelo as usual. But, after the "gran final" is the Cristina show.

Just to be on the safe side, I recommend taping the whole four hours and then if you end up with an hour of Duelo, no harm done. They're in Ultimos Capitulos, so maybe you'll get to see someone get whacked. Or married. Sounds like fun either way.

Since this is my last regular La Fea recap, I want to thank everybody - readers, fellow recappers, Melinama - for making this weblog the awesome place it is. A special thanks to Chris Ferro, who isn't even following La Fea any more that I know of, for starting the La Fea recaps. If he hadn't done that, I never would have found this blog, I wouldn't have had the slightest clue as to what was going on or what I had missed, and I wouldn't have offered to write some extremely sparse and sketchy weekly recaps "until someone else volunteers to take over," and I probably wouldn't have had any reason to continue watching the show or visiting this blog. I wouldn't know what "impactado" is, for example. The implications are horrifying.

Folks, you have more than 48 hours to replenish your supply of Kleenex, ice cream, and tequila for the last time... but don't wait till the last minute, because the stores just might run out.

Labels:


Comments:
To make things worse, tonight was also the last Stargate: SG-1. (I haven't seen it yet.)
 

Wow, my heart really broke for Alicia here, and Tomás was just *stunning*! For the first time, he's shown himself as a strong and sensitive man, not a caricature.

My husband says Alicia needs to stop wearing the corsets, or her baby will be four feet long and one inch wide.
 

Question: is that a red Kabbalah string the Lety bella is wearing on her wrist? Maybe the lety fea was wearing it too but we never saw it since she wore sleeves to the knuckle. But whats up with that? is there some mexican red string tradition maybe?

PS. Thanks for the blogs to all the recappers!
 

To Pitzie...no red string tradition I ever knew and my nieces are teens in Mex. Df..so if it was a fade, they probably woulda been doing it...

When the orginal ran in Mexico...what was on Thurs & Fri nite here actually was the first hour of the mega grand finale...followed by a wrap up hour and then the big concert...(at least if I remember correctly)...so maybe part of the footage will be..the concert...it seems like in Mexico...that Sat..nite before the finale they ran some kinda best of LaFea, then the 3 hours Sunday nite (which was what we saw thur/Fri + one more hour + the big concert)...so I think there is only one more hour of the show story...but I maybe wrong as it all has run together
 

Julie, thanks for another great recap. I too stumbled upon this web site looking for a recap for the episodes I missed. What a long, strange ride it's been.

Marcia and the happiest woman in the world. That's so funny. I'm amazed you can remember Aldo's new-age pronouncements. I tend to forget. I agree that this Octavio seems a bit stalkerish, but I'm glad they came up with someone for Marcia. I think they mean well.

I also thought Tomy and Alicia were great tonight. How sad. Maybe he will forgive her on Monday. Hasta lunes!
 

I am really liking the stronger Tomas. Are you catching his serious voice? How awsome is that.
I have serious doubts about the finale on Monday. Everything seems to be getting rushed to resolution. I think with the death of the director the viewers lost a bit of focus for the last few months and now they seem to be just patching things togther.
I can only have faith that this ends the way I want and hope it does.
Donna
 

Julie
I totally taped SG-1, I couldn't watch! Isn't that just sad? Are you going to be visiting the blog anymore, maybe for Juan or Zorro? (I'm going to start following Zorro alot more closly now that it can get fea's attention) Can't wait til monday!

Lori
 

Julie - Thanks again - for the last time. I'm going to miss your sense of humor and your way with words: "a bonsai baby" - what a picture that evokes!
Ann
 

I agree with Ann...."bonsai baby" needs to go in the Recap Hall of Fame along with "impactado" and "que the hell".
I have learned so much from this website, and not just about Spanish. Sorry to hear you won't be staying on but I know the summation work can be arduous to say the least.
I smiled when Lety answered "Fatal" (awful). They tried to teach us that in Adult Ed Spanish as a possible answer to How are You? but Lordy, I just couldn't use if even if I did feel lousy. Sounds way too terminal.
We'll miss you Julie, and oh how we'll miss Don Fernando tan divinoo Judy B.
 

Julie, lovely as Fern is, I'm going to miss you more than I miss him. I totally feel sad when a blogger leaves the family. Hope you get hooked on another show some time and come back to write for us again. Best of luck.
 

Thanks so much Julie, your recaps have absolutely made my weekends!
You have a great sense of humor.

I guess Tomy doesn't know about the baby? I was hoping she had slipped him the paper from the doctor.

So Fern and Aldo go off the cliff and flying up in the air OFF their bikes, then they are back on their bikes and sitting on the dirt! Wow!
Not even Evil Knievel could do that.

Looking forward to Monday with anticipation and dread (last show)!

Carrie L.
 

thank you for the wonderfully detailed recap julie.

Even after already watching this on youtube, I needed Kleendex during the Alicia and Tomas scene.

Still can't believe Monday is the last one. I am going to miss reading the recaps but I guess it was inevitable.

Bonsai baby, LOL..too funny.
 

Julie,
Thank YOU SO MUCH for all of your hard work!! I don't know how you and all of the rest of the Recappers do it, but I am really grateful that you all did!

With your talent, do you think you will write again (like when Fernando Colunga's next effort begins)?? I know you must be tired of doing it right now-but would your consider it?

Muchas Gracias!!
Louise :-)
 

To Pitzie...Juan is also wearing the Red String in Juan Q., I was wondering if there was a Kabbalah
reference as well.

I think Iam becoming hooked on Juan Q. The mother is off the chain.

I am going to miss LFMB,however I am so delighted that it was such a fun part of my life.

Be well all and THANKS for bringing
me joy.

Parthenia
 

Thanks, Julie. You have done an awesome job recapping. I have enjoyed reading them and appreciate all your hard work. Now, about the episode, talk about anti-climactic!
If this does not make one ready for the show to end, I don’t know what will. I am ready for the show to end. I am going to miss reading the recaps and everyone’s comments. It’s really going to be a loss not having those to check in on everyday. Since Ferni wants Lety, that is the ending I would like to see. I can’t say I am 100% behind his choice, and I so wished they would have written Lety differently, starting with when she was in Acapulco, but I hope our hero gets what his heart desires. I think, even though the title is named after the female lead, this really became Fernando’s story. They focused so much on his character’s growth. Fern is just so lovable. I am just so impressed with how Jaime played this part. He makes us cry when he is suffering (which went on way too long) and laugh when he is being funny, neurotic or silly. With all that he conveys through his body language, facial expressions and mostly those awesome eyes, you don’t even have to speak the same language to get him. Ok, now I am really bummed out and sad. But
Don Fernando will live on in our recordings and youtube!

Teresa
 

Julie--Thank you so much for all of the laughs. I still say if you were a man I'd have a major crush on you ;-), 'cuz a good sense of humor is important in a relationship (as we have learned from the lack there of between Lety and Aldo).

Seriously, I hope you'll post often on other shows.....I feel like it is the last day of high school and all my friends are taking off to colleges around the country.....I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. I agree with Melinama, I'll miss Fer and all the goofy stuff from the show, but I'll miss this wonderful dynamic group of people on this particular blog the most.

I haven't watched any of the Juan Q. shows, but I've taped them and intend to do a marathon watching tomorrow. If that show doesn't hook me, I think I'll be watching Duelo's replacement....it's got Valentino Luz (think that's his name). I remember him from some novela my sister watched about 4 years ago and I always thought he was pretty cute. Hopefully the show will have a good plot or I'll just be tuning in for a Spanish lesson and the pretty face of a good looking man (shallow I know, but hey at least I'm honest).

Still say my head is spinning from the rapid fire wrap ups they are doing on Fea.....I'm going to get my "Death by Chocolate" custard for Monday night.
 

OH, I forgot to ask. Is there anyone that is watching "Sica" on
Aztec TV. Can someone give some history, or refer me to a book that can tell me the history behind
this novella? I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance!
Parthenia
 

Thanks Julie for all your hard work. The recaps are all great. i agree with Cathy, I feel like it is the last day of High School and we are all leaving. I am just starting to get hooked on Duelo de pasiones and it is almost over.

While looking on my Direct TV directory, I saw a listing for La Fea for next Saturday (6/30) for 2:00 pm. I think that they may be starting the reruns then.
If so I can see the beginning. I only starting watching when Lety had her green makeover.
 

"Then her jaw drops open and a clue flies into it." "Bansai baby". HAHAHAHA!!! Julie, you were really on a roll with this, your last recap. Your wonderful sense of humor is going to be SO missed! Hope you change your mind and we'll see you recapping another show some day, or at least watching and commenting on one. Thanks for all your recaps and for making me laugh all this time.

And to all you other recappers, we've all said it before but since this is the penultimate recap, I'll say it again. You all have wonderful sense's of humor and it's going to be very hard not to have a good laugh every day. Thanks again for everything.

For the show itself, the actor who plays Tomas was really ON last night. When Alicia walked out, his crying was the best I've seen (male or female) in a long time. Fernando cries beautifully and makes me feel his pain, but that pitiful sobbing of Tomas' was really heartbreaking! I would definitely love to see him in another show.

I do kinda feel gyped by the way the motorcycle scene ended, que the hell? One minute their over this deep, huge gorge, next minute their safely on the ground only about 15 feet down from the edge? Oh well, telenovela-world and all.
It was still a fun episode. Still don't like Alicia, don't feel sorry for her, and wish she'd have wound up in jail, but at least she did grow, snaps to her for that.

See you all after Monday's show, I'm already crying!
Kim P.
 

Last nights show was definitely anticlimatic. After that jawdropping cliffhanger ending I thought maybe Lety would make her choice but nothing nada. I agree with the poster who said the show became about Fernando and his growth. Jaime stole the show IMO. Fernando was the reason I kept watching when it got stupid and Lety regressed. I'll miss Fernando the most and I'm going to hate seeing the show end for that reason. The Tomas/Alicia scenes were also sad. Monday is it. I'll have my kleenex, chocolates, and my tape ready to record. Thank you to all the recappers for a job well donw.
 

Thank you Lola for the rerun info!
I'm going to look for it.
I would love to start again with the reruns. I missed the beginning couple of months.
In that way I could still see the characters I love. Of course having no recap in this blog to go to would take some of the fun out of it. Many times you have cleared up what I've been confused about.
Your interpretations of the conversations have been priceless!
Thank you everyone!

Carrie L.
 

Just a comment on yesterday's comments. I rewatched the video of Jaime at 6 Flags on YouTube and thank you all for your explainations. If he was crunched for time by the producers, then that would explain him looking at his watch in the middle of his song. I of course, look at my watch too, but I try to be really sly about it. His glance was so obvious and that's what bothered me. But whomever said the important thing was it looked like he was enjoying himself is correct, so I'm glad I said something and I'm glad you all helped to clear it up.

I do hope they rerun the shows, because I missed the first month of the show....I started watching when Luigi and Fernando had the bet and Fernando lost and had to dress in drag. Of course I'd love to see the Cuernavaca and Germany episodes again....yeah, good times. I'm pretty sure that Univision would get some viewers if they reran the show. So here's to hoping they do.
 

I wanted to say thank you Melinama for starting this site and thank you to all the wonderful recappers who devoted so much of their valuable time for us, people they don't even know. So, THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Last summer I lost my 14 yr old daughter. A couple of months later i was visiting my mom in florida and she got me in to LFMB. It actually made me smile and laugh, something i thought i would never do again. I was so happy to find this site where i could find out every detail and enjoy the humor from all of you. So thank all the commenters as well.
Needless to say I'll be sad to see it end and will miss coming in here everyday, as this is the only telenovela i watch. I will have to find something else to make me smile. Who knows maybe i'll try to make one of the Fernando masks.
Thanks again,
JB
 

Does anyone know who will put out the LFMB dvd? Televisa?
 

I'm not too swift at some of this but I know that I will keep looking for LFMB on Amazon.com. I'm sure they will have it whenever the DVD is available officially.
I know people can get it other places right now but it seems to be more expensive.
Maybe if it reruns I'll be smart enough this time to record it from the very beginning!

Carrie L.
 

cheers to you Julie and to all the recappers!!!! Estoy muy triste, pero feliz. This has been like a year of high school and now we are saying goodbye. I have laughed so hard at the recappers and feafriends comments on this page, and enjoyed this adventure with all of you. But I am also ready to leave the nest. A novela requires just way too much investment, though I can't imagine falling for any other novela except for La Fea. The chemistry of the cast, the goofiness mixed with such intense drama, the poorly recorded audio and recycled props and the fact that no dialogue could ever be heard whenever Luigi's theme song came on, is something never to be duplicated. gracias para las memorias!
-christina
 

WHOA! WHOA! Hold the phone!!!

I need to clarify something. In fact, I'm going to go back and edit that last part where I say it's my last regular recap. I meant my last regular LA FEA recap. It's not my last recap EVER! There's the group-effort finale, and I'm still doing Destilando on alternate Tuesdays, and when the new season of Ugly Betty begins I'll be doing those on my own blog.

I'm also trying to watch Juan Q, but I've been having trouble finding the time lately. I do like a few things about it and while it's no LFMB, it's not chopped liver either.
 

All I can say is THANKS Julie and all the other recappers!!!!!!!! o0o about the LFMB on Saterday 6/30, its a rerun of the last 3 hours. I checked. It'll be on at 2pm.
 

I would like to thank all the recappers and all the people that wrote in their opinions of La Fea. I think the recaps and comments about the recaps were just as interesting and enjoyable as the Soap itself. I can't see how everything could be tied up in one hour, unless it is rushed and that would be a bumber. It's possible to do this if there were no commercials, but that is not the case and there are so many loose ends.

Ret
 

Julie, you’ve really outdone yourself tonight. This AND all the other things going on in your life! Very impressive! Thanks for a delightful recap! I refuse to say goodbye to you because I’ll fall apart. So, see you on the blog in other roles. Thanks for all you have done!

“"How did you know?" asks Marcia the Clueless. Then her jaw drops, and a clue flies into it. "It's you! You tricked me?!"” ROTFL!

“he flops backward on the bed. Oh... but it gets better. He sits up again and mumbles that if Omar were there, Omar could give him a massage….I would like a poster of that.” Oh, yeaaaaaaaaah.

“Alicia, you'd better loosen your corset, or you'll end up with a bonsai baby!” ROTFLLLLLL!!! You are in superb form tonight, Julie.

“On the contrary, he'd like to make her the happiest woman in the world. (But that isn't possible. Aldo already said that he was going to make Lety the happiest woman in the world. They can't both be the happiest woman in the world.)” I lay you odds that Octavio wins.

Finally, finally we are seeing good stuff from Tomy and Alicia. There’s hope in the 11th hour.

JB, what a lovely tribute you give to the recappers. I’m sorry to hear about your daughter.

Jeanne
 

Alas it does look like a hasty ending which bugs me no ends - shades of Morelia. But if we have some happiness for the final pair I'll be glad but please more than just two minutes.

Fern as the protective big brother was hilarious but i do have to comment on clothes again. Que the Hell were they thinking dressing Marcia in that longish green dress and then further cutting off her legs with those high strapped shoes. She looked like she had the stubbiest legs in town.

Alicia and Tomy - good work all around. I was amazed that she had the dignity to pack up a bag and go and not grovel. Shows some growth on her part. I guess she'll be sending for her mountain of luggage later. Exit scenes like hers always make me laugh in a novela since the person is going forever with what i take for a weekend. I guess you can't make a dramatic exit with fifteen suitcases.
 

Here's an odd footnote to the Tomas/Alicia story. I was reading my 365 Santos (Su Guia Diaria de Meditacion) and the Saint for June 22 was SANTO TOMAS MORO!!!!!
Did the writers intend that when naming this character? Don't know but would love to ask Rosy O'Campo.
In English, of course, it's Saint Thomas Moore back in Henry the 8th days. But still....is Santo Tomas Moro well known in Mexico?
At any rate, apart from the raging lust, he has been saintly with Alicia and I'm hopeful we'll have a forgiveness scene coming up on Monday.
And J.B......I'm glad along with Jeanne that La Fea brought back some cheer into your life. My heart feels heavy just thinking about what you have gone through...love and prayers to you.

Judy B.
 

Thanks so much Julie for the recap. I've enjoyed your comments and wit. (Something you brought up a while ago, Juana was robbed of a real storyline. I agree with your sentiments.)

JB - Sorry for your loss but I'm glad you found laughs and fun here.

Thanks to all the recappers and commenters. I hope to see you all enjoying other novelas.

Kraen
 

I think the one quality that makes this site such a jewel is that we can all laugh and cry together.
It cheers us up when we are down and real life is not going well.
When La Fea is sad we have each other to cry and scream to!

Thanks to all of you for making it possible. I know it has meant a lot to me personally.

Carrie L.
 

I started watching LFMB on what I think was day 2 of the Green Horror. I was at my local Mexican restaurant and it was on the TV, no audio or anything, and I thought my own version of "Que the Hell?" before that oh so useful phrase was coined.

I started watching with the hairbrained thought that I would try and learn Spanish from it. It only took me a few nights of being completely bewildered to realize that I needed a recap in English. I thank the gods of Google that Melinama's site was one of the first options listed, because I rarely have the patience to go through more than a page of results. IMHO it was the first and best.

I did bail the minute Aldo got a spacious office for who knows what reason and the unadulterated lust and devotion of every man, woman and higher forms of plant life within a five mile radius. And my Spanish comprehension is still not enough to allow me to converse with my waiters in the aforementioned restaurant beyond "Necessito tea dulce". However, as someone put it the other day, the recaps and posts have been as entertaining (sometimes more) as the show.

I haven't felt compelled to post about any show since the also aforementioned BTVS, but all the recappers and posters have been so witty and charming that it was hard to resist getting involved. Thanks to all the recappers and blogmom Melinama for your generosity of time and dedication to keeping us, the happy readers, entertained and enlightened.
 

I thought I saw a clip on YouTube of Fernando in drag
did I miss that episode? or was it cut from the USA
 

What will Monday bring? And how sad that it will bring this all to an end. I have to add thanks and am de acuerdo with all the previous commenters about the skill, cleaverness and dedication of all the recappers. I'm inspired to get back to some Spanish classes as I would have so dearly loved to have understood all the dialog. Gracias a todas.

Kathy
 

FYI - in case anyone is reading this blog today (Sunday): The local Univision outlet is scheduled to broadcast a Jose Jose tribute this evening. Is this scheduled in your area?
 

Jose Jose is scheduled tonight, [Sun],from 9-11 on Univision in the San Diego Tribune.

la gringa
 

JB: Somehow I missed your comment yesterday. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child. Isn't it strange, the little things that help us heal after a loss?

Andrea: Yes, you must have missed the episode when Fernando lost a bet with Luigi and had to accompany him to a bar dressed as a drag queen. If you'll scroll up a bit you'll see where Cathy mentioned that as well.

Judy B.: June 22 being St. Thomas Moore day can only be a crazy coincidence. This episode would have originally aired in February in Mexico, and there could not have been any way to predict so far ahead of time what date it would air in the US. In the original Colombian series, the Tomas character was named Nicolas Mora.
 

Andrea, Yes, the scene of Fern in drag played early in the series here in USA,and it was Lety to his rescue,as always..Maureen
 

I guess this is the last chance to speculate on how things will work out since tomorrow all will be revealed. I'm assuming Letty will end up with Fern (how else could it possibly end?) but still wondering how that will happen. Will Aldo help her see the light since he knows she loves Fern more than she does him? Will Psychic Guy return and intervene? Will Aldo forgive Carmina her meddling and realize that she's really the perfect woman for him? Will Tomas forgive Alicia and take her back? (We KNOW he will - how else could that end?) Will we find out anything about Alicia's father? Will Ariel have a chance to redeem himself, or find some other dastardly deed to do before slinking off into the ranks of unredeemed novela villains? I guess Marcia is already settling into "happily ever after" with Octavio, so what else do we have left to discover?
Ann
 

Julie

Thanks for all the wise and witty recaps, and for making La Fea so much fun!

I didn't know the drag episode was so early on, that's probably why I missed it. Thanks Maureen
 

Thank you Julie and all the other recappers. It is so much fun to come here and read the recaps and comments, they are so funny. Sometimes the first thing I do after a bad day at work is come to this site, it's a great pick me up. I'm going to miss it. LFMB has been the first novela, I've never been able to get into them, and I don't know if I'm ever going to find another novela I like as much as this one. It has been so funny and sweet, and the actors in it are some of the best I have seen. I started watching it last year because I had just got braces at almost 30 yrs old and I really identified with Lety feeling fea. I'm really gonna miss it and her:)
 

J.B., I'm so sorry for your loss. My love and prayers also go out to you. I'm glad you were able to smile a little watching LFMB.
Miranda
 

Julie, many, many thanks for all of your LFMB recaps.

"Bonsai baby" - muy, pero muy, funny!

Poor Fernando, going home to that empty apt. That was a sad scene, I thought. He was so alone. I was having "sympathy" pangs of loneliness for him.
Then he laid back on the bed, and I got distracted from the sympathy and moved into...gawd, he's sooo gorgeous. I going to MISS that guapo!

Tomas y Alicia were very touching and real - finally! It was hard to watch their pain.

This blog has been so much fun. I'm so glad that there are people who love LFMB (and Fernando) as much as I do. I'd say we're an elite crowd with good taste, intelligence, and good humor.

Can't wait to read everyone's comments when it's all over.
Sigh...all over... :(

Hasta luego..
 

JB: I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what you mean about how LaFea gave you something to smile about. I can't compare it to losing a child, but I just lost my mother on June 10th. Being with her during those last days and away from my own home, the opportunity to check in every night with LFMB brought a sense of relief and connection to "normalcy" that was I needed during that difficult time. My prayers are with you, and I hope smiles come easier in the days ahead.

My thanks, also, to Melinama & all the recappers. You are truly generous and gifted people, and we are all indebted to you for this wonderful community that your work has created. You're the best.
 

Marie Celeste - my prayers are with you as you cope with the loss of your mother. Glad you could find happiness here.

Karen
 

This may sound trivial, but where are Paola Maria and Saimon? Aren't they coming back from their honeymoon in time for whatever is in store?
 

Coming in very late here to add something about the red thread. Not necessarily Kabbalah, I think, but some Chinese and related oriental beliefs are quite popular here in Mexico and one of these involves wearing coloured thread on one's wrist to attract the particular good fortune you hope to get. I don't know the specific meanings but one colour corresponds to luck, another to health, another to love, money, and so on.
 

The 2011 discussion for Capitulos 297 & 298 is at
this link
.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder