Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Amar sin limites #4 Monday 7/23/07 Mauricio begins to show his true colors

Greetings to the new group of viewers of Amar Sin Limites. This is my first recap of this show, and I am still trying to figure out who is who. I was literally watching with Melinama's cast list next to me, and I'm still not fully up to speed. If I've missed anything, please pipe up, anyone! I am posting this with some sections missing, because I had some work emergencies and could not go back and rewatch the sections I missed. I note that the characters are talking fast, and there's some interesting new vocabulary, but I would rather get this posted now. As I get used to these characters, I will be able to get more information in.


We open with a recap of the previous episode's cliff-hangers. Leonarda asks Andres: You are going to kill him--no? Who? We now hear that she is referring to Benjamin--not Mauricio.


Silvana and Emilia have a sorrowful conference. Silvana tells Emilia: "Tomorrow I want you to take me to see my son." Since we know son is dead, she means to see his grave.


Azul arrives at the restaurant party, followed by Mauricio. Diego arrives just on their heels, and is stopped by Cecilia (is that who it is?), who knows that Mauricio is inside. Diego goes in anyway, and he learns that Mauricio went to the bathroom, so he talks to Azul. She tells him to please go. He leaves, and she smiles ruefully at her champagne as Mauricio comes back and they toast. The theme music swells. It is very melancholy. (The soundtrack sounds like many of the themes from gloomy '70s flicks, such as The Poseidon Adventure and Love Story.)


GCSSD (grumpy chain-smoking scientist dad) meets with his sister? to discuss paying his debts? Changing jobs I apologize for not paying close attention to this part on first viewing. I intended to go back. I am not sure how the sister fits in to the story. (I note that Dad is chain smoking, because it seems so startling. You just would not see anyone smoking like this on an American show, let alone a scientist. Diego also smokes in a later scene. BTW, I comment as a reformed two-pack-a-day smoker, five years "clean and sober." I used to love smoking, but now I find it crazy. Here in NYC, we have had draconian anti-smoking regulations for a few years, and more and more European countries are also going nonsmoking. It just seems incongruous. And that's my rant for the day.)

Outside the restaurant now, Cecilia and Diego discuss Azul while strolling around the neighborhood. Against her better judgment, she gives Diego Azul's phone number.

Maurice has a surprise for Azul--he has made her director of HR, and he has a host of items to make it official--such as a plaque for her desk and so forth. What a great surprise.

Something happens here with Diego seeing something in a car mirror, but I didn't get it in my notes. Sorry, but I don't have time to go back and watch again today.

Paco and Lidia fool around in the kitchen, but she is thinking about her boss.

Azul and Maurice are now back at her apartment making out on the couch. She jumps up to show him the new suit. This nicely stops the unwanted (on her part) action. He wants to get back to the action, saying the night is not over, but Cecilia fortunately comes in. This is enough for him. He doesn't want to stay with the girl in the next room. He wants Azul to have an apartment with no roommates.

The Boss calls Lidia. He can't stop thinking about her. He needs a paper for tomorrow, and he's coming over to get it. Pobre de Paco. (Does anyone know the boss's name?)

Now Azul settles in for some girl talk with Cecilia. Too bad she didn't get to be with Diego.

Diego is moping in a bar.

Diego calls Azul but she is not there (I'm sorry, but I have another missed section in my notes: If I remember correctly, he called her at her father's house?)

Lidia is kissing her boss in the yard. She says she loves Paco, but boss man is something else. Oops--Pop comes in. (Can we call him Robopop in honor of Don Erasmo? Or can we call him Mope-o-Pop, since he's such a drip?) She quickly jumps behind the boss and wipes her lips. Pop--here's my boss, she says. Pop asks him in!

Abuelo sees what was going on, and files away the information.

Pop and Abuelo have a discussion about Diego. Abuelo reminds Pop that Diego is a good boy. Diego comes home, and pop yells at him.

Abuelo tries to make peace between the two. He reminds Pop that he should help his children. Lidia too. Pop says that Lidia is intelligent and doesn't have problems. Abuelo does not reveal her "problem." Pop reminds Abuelo that it's his house, and he's the boss.

There are a couple of more scenes here that I apologize for missing. I can go back and fill these in later.

Azul is discussing her relationship with Cecilia. We hear a piano theme that reminds me of Love Story. Azul is pragmatic. She says that her parents were in love, but they divorced. Cecilia asks--you don't really love Mauricio, do you? Azul hedges with I don't know.

Emilia and Silvana go to the grave.

Diego and Cecilia have a discussion.

Azul gets a call about her thesis. Is it from her adviser? She says she's not going to do anything. (I will fill in this later.) She calls Diego! He's not in. When will he be home? No message. I'm a little confused about how she came to make this call, as my notes are incom

Azul is a vision in azul the next day. She is talking to Mauricio. She wants to take time to finish her thesis, but he wants her to take care of the child. Why not get a nanny, she asks. Why should he when she almost has a mother . . . He is really an abusive turkey. Azul says it's too much at once. Mauricio is angry!

The tailor who took Azul's message tells Diego that while he was out a girl called, and she was nervous.

Silvana and Emilia go to the grave. Emilia says she is never going to be happy without her son.

Abuelo and Clemencia worry about the children.

Pop comes in with a gift for Clemencia--it's an ugly gray and pink striped sweater in a very small size. Abuelo and Clemencia look at it, appalled--how could he not see it was a size for children? Doesn't he know her size?

Diego delivers the suit. He calls Azul. He reaches GCSSD.

Silvana calls Mauricio.

Diego follows Azul and stares.

Labels:


Comments:
The Boss's name is Piero, although I am not sure if it is his first or last name.

Azul is showing Duh-zul tendencies already. Yeah I get it, it is a struggle between love and money, security and happiness but Mauricio is exhibiting controlling abusive tendencies and they aren't even engaged. And she wants her Dad to have his livlihood dependent upon him too?
 

Thanks, Ninak! The woman GCSSD was talking to was Tia Inez, the sister of GCSSD's dead ex-wife. I'm sure this will figure into the plot later. Apparently there is some rivalry between Azul and Tia. Azul doesn't like it that GCSSD won't make any decisions without talking to Tia first. I think GCSSD made some comment about the rivalry between Aunt and Niece. Stay tuned!
 

I think there is some potential in this novela. I didn't think I was going to watch it because I had become a little tired of LANUS, but he does look particularly adorable in this show, so..........
Though Alfredo, the scientist is a little grumpy and definitely smokes too much, I say let's cut him some slack because he's clearly going to be one of the few characters who just may hold out --at least for a little while---against the grand temptations of wealth and power.
Lidia is driving me a little crazy with her nymphomania. Also, I'm not sure I understand how she feels about her Dad after tonights show (Tues evening). I mean he is clearly a jerk but I didn't know that she even noticed until she asked her mom why she would stay married to someone who spoke like that to the grandpa and didn't even know her clothes size!!!
 

Yes, Klee, it's certainly apparent that there is a little rivalry between Azul and Tia, but I think Tia has a point about wanting to stop living this secret life. They are, after all, very grown up now and it seems the wife (her sister) has been dead for quite a long time.
 

Oh, thank you, Karen and Carole! Now I understand! Tia is the sister-in-law of GCSSD, not the sister. I was having trouble figuring out who this person was and how GCSSD could have a relationship with his sister!
 

Thanks NinaK for your recap. This is a racy novela.
 

Carole, Don't get me wrong, I love GCSSD! So far he has a spine, but based on the synopsis, he won't have it for long. I get so tired of sappy people, it's nice to have someone cranky but loveable!

I didn't realize Tia and GCSSD were an item, although I was kind of wondering. If I was Azul, I'd want my dad to be happy. Not sure what's up with the rivalry, unless it has something to do with Dad not coming out of the closet to Azul. If that's the case, I feel a tad sorry for Tia, even though she's an adult and should stand up for herself. I'm sure this plot line will develop as time goes on.
 

I think the rivalry may be because Azul's father would always say---"Well, I have to check with Tia, first." Just seeing her father so dependent on Tia's opinion about everything --who knows for how long -- has probably annoyed Azul.
Maybe while Azul was a teenager/in high school, her father was always checking with Tia before allowing her to do stuff--who knows. But I have the feeling it's a rivalry that can be resolved.
I also thought---but maybe I am forgetting some characters---that the less savory characters were the smokers. I tried to think back on my last 5+ novelas and I don't remember any of the good guy-protoganists smoking. Correct me if I am wrong. I remember what a chain-smoking devil Cesar was in HERIDAS DE AMOR
 

There was a lot of cigar smoking in Duelo. Don Max and Don Alvaro were always smoking cigarillos, Orlando too. Those were all bad characters. Emilio, the galan smoked too but usually you saw him with an unlit one clenched between his teeth. Not really smoking. I think they were trying to make Pablo Montero look like the tough soldier rather than the pretty boy-crooner than he is.
 

I think you guys are making a little much of this "evil smoking business". I am a non-smoker, but let's get real here. Smokers aren't bad people. Europeans and South Americans still smoke a lot more - and yes it's unhealthy - but so is junk food and Americans (in the USA) have one of the highest number of obese people and so on. Should we really make a moral issue out of this....?

It's fun reading your comments though. I am watching this telenovella in order to practice my still very poor Spanish and reading all the things I missed definitely helps.
Christa
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder