Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Destilando Amor 07/23/07 "And there's nothin' sure in this world"

There is nothin' fair in this world
There is nothin' safe in this world
And there's nothin' sure in this world
And there's nothin' pure in this world
Look for something left in this world
Start againCome on
It's a nice day for a white wedding
It's a nice day to start again.

Let us begin this episode with the a remembrance of Billy Idol's immortal words


Well Rod is talking to Roman…aww these kids! States Roman what a headache what are you gonna do?
He rambles on to Rod (the future father), anyway Roman is like no big deal Patron. Of course, Roman wisely chooses not to tell Rod; Roman most recently beat the crap outta his son, Hiliario cause Hil has a thing for the Patron’s wife.

Meanwhile over at Dry Gulch Acres, Mister James has been watching LFMB and following in the footsteps of St. Aldo; Mister James is taking the Wedding Prep into his own hands. He presents the lovely Acacia with a present, why it is a fine white wedding dress. Acacia starts crying and saying she does not deserve it. While true Acacia, perhaps in certain circles, a cream dress would have been considered more appropriate; I believe under the circumstances at this point; forgo the rigid social customs and go with the flow. James says Acacia was an innocent and deserves a fine wedding. In some remote corner of the ranch, a hand just stuck up thru the dirt…yes just like CARRIE.

Now over in MX DF Clarita is kneeling at the foot of the bed. In the past, Rod’s abhorrent treatment of lil Gavi has been an abstract concept to Clarita. Now Clarita too must feel the burning wrath of the Montalvos, she is in a TeleNovela free zone. Poor Clarita, it has now gotten personal, the loss of the television is nearly more than she can bare. Together they (Gavi & Ma) blame Rod for all their misfortunes, though a hundred years may pass, Gavi will never forget the pain Rod has caused them.

Francisco is waiting outside for Gavi, he does the come on, his phone rings. It is Sofie and he does the my petite fleur thing (of course Franscisco is not aware that Gavi is fluent in Spanish, English and French and indeed also has a smattering of German). Sofie asks him to dinner and he begs off with the job thing. Frankie thinking to fool Gavi, speaks in French the language of love to Sofie. After he hangs up, Gavi outs him. It is bye bye PePe LePew and Frankie is all damn, the first time a woman has caught him at this game. I guess he forgot Isa nailed him on the DiVinci poetry thing.

Over at La Hacienda, Hil says bye to Pa, he is sorry for the shame he has brought them…what with wanting to boink the Patron’s wife and so on. ****My husband was watching this with me & he informed had any young ranch male been in Hil’s position, the father would have sent the boy off to another ranch or the city. Meanwhile, myths would be told of young Vili’s (think Vili & Mary Kaye) prowess and the Patroness would be seen as the sinner. Which well I can’t fault.**** Hilario seems much too full of self flagellation for my liking, it is so medival. Hilario tells his Pa to give a letter to Ma (Ofelia).

Isa over hears Roman tell Rod that Hilario has gone off to sort some things out and find himself. This boggles Rod who could not do the same, using a diagram, both hands and a flashlight. Isa is mucho contento as that is now one less thing to worry about. Hil’s letter to Ma says "The fault, dear Ma, is not in SanWannaWannaWanna, But in me", well Hill would of said that had he read the Bard, but to make a short story shorter…don’t blame slutty sanwanna, blame me. We see Hilario riding off in the bus looking lost. Actually this is what the buses in Mexico really look like, not that school bus Gavi & Ma rode off in.

Now then Isa can’t wait to ring up Sofie and tell her of the impending nupitals of Acacia & Mister. Sofie looks stunned, but then remembers she has a Boy Friend. Sofie is "Oh yeah, well so what…I am marrying Francisco"…Now it is Isa turn to look muy impacted..Damn I hate when it backfires.

Next thing we know through the magic of TeleVisa we are transported to a church. Mister & Acacia are getting married. Acacia looks so young, but pretty, with flowers in her hair. Mister just looks dumb. Okay the priest says what God hath joined let no man put asunder…yeah yeah yeah you may kiss the bride…I must say, that kiss was like squeeky to me. It is the front of church, but this went on and on…Okay we get it…really Mister does kinda squeek me out and well, I wish Acacia’s savior could have been someone a bit more manly…Not that she didn’t have to take what she could get, but still.

Back over in DF, Gavi is in a grocery store. She talks to the guy in produce who gives her a milk crate and she sets up shop right there. Gavi is hawking the encyclopedias to the family shoppers. Now then when I was a kid, I would buy the A encyclopedia in the grocery store all the time cause it was like ten cents, then each week you could add a volume which was of course more expensive. We had a shelf of A encyclopedia’s but alas that is a far as it went.

Bruno is talking on the phone, he seems very agitated and the conversation is not going well. Bruno hangs up and a guy brings him paperwork. Bruno is tugging at his tie and trying to loosen his collar.

Sailing to the east…Miami, Aaron has papers all over when Pamela..****Ariel the lil merimaid (not to be confused with Ariel the lil Merman of recent LFMB fame. Anyway that is who Pamela reminds me of Ariel with that funky red hair & white skin, not to mention the whole water obession thing**** anyway she is fluttering around with wedding invites and so on. Aaron is paying no attention and Pam says she has a meeting with Jenny Molina (the wife of gangsta Johnny?). Aaron dismisses her.

Bruno and Aaron get into it on the phone, Brunos says the high end dream Tequila is producing only 40% of what was promised and Brunos wants the money. Aaron says the European market is promising, yep I can just see the EruoTrash buying his $2,000 a bottle Tequila. Jeez Aaron, they are European not stupid. Aaron is totally disrespectful to Bruno and just blows him off. It is harder and harder for Bruno to speak and he finally falls to the floor. Now would be a most excellent time to compliment Elvira on her complete lack of business etiquette. In her usual manner she just walks right in and for a second I think she is just going to over look Bruno sprawled out on the floor behind the desk….But No hooray our gal Friday spots him and all may not be lost.

On a lighter note back to "Cantina Central", that little cantina in Tequila. Hey folks there is a wedding reception going on. Mister is singing with the required Mariachi band and yes friends it is awkward and uncomfortable for all involved. Isa is sitting next to Rod, Roman and Ofelia are there along with SanWannna, Crispin and the bar tender. Isa looks like she is one bullet short of putting herself out of her misery and I must say, she has a point. Isa thought bubbles "This is pathetic". I’m hearing you sister and for once I am in total agreement. Finally Rod makes a toast to the happy couple, this is very paraphrase…happy yada yada lifetime together..true love. Isa tells him it is like them with their new baby…Rod thought bubble it is like the story of he and Gavi, only oooops no happy ending.

Now back to DF, Gavi while an entertaining salesperson, has sold nary a book. Here comes the local inspector or civil servant who demands a license or permit to sell. Gavi gives him a hard time and packs up her little suitcase. She goes outside, a young teen talks to her and she pulls out ten pesos for him, meanwhile his partner in crime steals her suitcase. Gavi chases him and all is lost. Gavi laments her luck as tears stream down her face.

Back over at the Cantina…Mister & Acacia are dancing, Roman and Ofelia, Isa looks like she would love to dance, but alas we all know like other bodily parts, Rod’s feet only respond to one woman. SanWanna looks bored and the bartender asks her to dance, she declines, but realizing picking are slim, gives in and gets up to shake a leg. Rod’s phone rings it is Dani. She tells Rod that Bruno has had a heart attack. Rod will have to go to DF. This shakes Isa up and she is jealous. Rod says come with me, he will never look for Gavi again.

Gavi goes to work and tells her boss about the theft of the books, she just wants to cash out. Well it looks like all said and done after thirty days of work, and paying for the stolen books, Gavi has turned a tidy profit of about two hundred pesos or twenty dollars. Gavi is furious she throws the papers in his face.

Aaron gets the phone call that Bruno has had a heart attack. Aaron is needed back in DF. Damn that so interferes with his plans, I guess the Molina Tequila function is out. Pam wants to go with him. Aaron does not want to take her cause of family problems. Pam is jealous and thinks he will be hooking up with Minnie in a hospital supply closet.

So we end another evening with our friends from Tequila…
Tommorrow we see a scene that looks like Rod may spot Gavi at the hospital, but I say Nah bet it is a fake out.

Looks like Minnie is back and playing to the Max.

Now then is a thought I feel inclined to share…..
First the kid has got to be Frankie’s cause Aaron & Hil were too far in the past. Besides when young creepy gyno Doogie said five weeks Isa thought bubbled the hot tub in Acapulco…

I now want Rod & Gavi's lives to intersect..it is boring having them apart..even if it is only to glare at each other.

Labels:


Comments:
Heh, good one. I liked Pammie couldn't get Aaron interested in her damn wedding invitations ... and then he barked at her, "get more ice for this" and shoved the glass at her... and she trips off and dutifully gets him more ice ... and he is so pissed about Minerva on her extended cruise ... and the tequila problem ... and he throws his cellphone in the pool - HAH. That'll show that damn cellphone. Talk about shooting the messenger.
 

Another great Tuesday morning read, Beckster. And..the Little Mermaid !!!!YES......that's exactly who Pammy reminds me of ! I kept looking at that RED hair and trying to make a connection, but it's been a long, strange summer and my synapses are not firing properly...I thought of Pippi Longstocking and Raggedy Ann but knew that neither of those was an exact match to Pammy's special RED locks. Little Mermaid...right on the money, Beckster. Melinama--I , too, enjoyed AAron throwing his cellphone in the pool...Pammy is next , I think. I'll tell you my response if he pushed that glass at me and asked for more ice.,,,well, maybe I shouldn't...use your imagination. I would suggest to him where he could put both the ice and...that glass. The wedding was weird , but Acacia did look sweet and innocent. I wonder how , when, and by whom Meliton's decomposing corpse is going to be found...unless he indeed was the special secret ingredient in that big pot of beans she and Mister shared and savored. Isa's pinched , little face is getting more and more pinched and sourlooking....oh , that tangled web she wove. As for Rod and Gavi, I am fearful that his lagging libido may atrophy if they don't get very together muy pronto...and as they say, use it or...lose it. I thought that galans were supposed to lusty sorts. P.S. I watched Johnny Depp in the second ''Pirates of the Caribbean'' movie last night and thought that Orlando Bloom was kind of a young, slightly more effeminate Fernando C. I enjoyed Johnny's eye makeup and pictured Fernando in some. I digress ... and I'm late for work...again. Thanks, Beckster for another great recap. ^^^Susanlynn, who also has a shelf of the ''A'' volumes and knows lots about atoms, airplanes, astonauts, Attila the Hun, apes, Argentina, aluminum , alcohol, Arabic, asbestos, architecture, arithmetic,armor....
 

Beckster, I can always count on you for my morning laughs-thanks!

Yeah, Aaron is such a charmer, so attentive to his belleza.

Rod is some powerful guy, able to affect Gavi through the repo guys and thieves. She's pathetic at this point, wallowing in self pity and pissed off at the world. I wonder if Rod can do anything about the weather, we could use a little rain...
jb
 

Loved your recap beckster, you have such a flair with your descriptions of our beloved characters! Pamela does tend to have that Ariel, mermaid thing going on. Rodrigo, who I've been down on lately, couldn't find himself with a diagram or anything else for that matter! The wedding was pathetic, but it was nice to see Acacia look pretty and be happy. What was really nice was seeing Isa uncomfortable. Even though she holds the trump card for the time being, I think her lie is going to make her a lot more uncomfortable from now on. I feel sorry for Pamela, cause you just know Aaron is about to screw her over. Is there any way that Aaron can be redeemed? I do like him in a strange sort of way, and he definitely has bigger "Kahunas" than hunky Rod. He at least fights for what he wants even though his methods are completely selfish and suspect. And tell me something, with the slim pickings at La Hacienda Montalvo, why would Sanwanna run poor Hilario off? You would think she would try to endear herself to him. I think Sanwanna is a disgrace to raven haired women everywhere. Blondes please don't take offense, but Sanwanna should dye her hair blonde immediately, as in the case of Isa, Minerva, Sofia, and all the blonde telenovela witches we love to hate.
 

Telenovela-free zone... hahahaha!!!! Oh, the pain!

I watched in fascination when Roman told Rod that Hilario had left. Rodrigo looked as though he was thinking very hard. Like he was mentally rotating two puzzle pieces in his head and giving up.

I had a friend who had several "A" encyclopedia volumes... I didn't understand why. Now I do. (You'd think her parents would have learned after the first one!) I remember that her favorite volume ended with "Antwerp."

Now I'm wondering what those two kids plan to do with a case full of encyclopedias. You'll notice that none of the people Gavi spoke to ever asked about the price. Maybe the little thieves are a couple of inquisitive nerds, and only wanted to read them.

I'm with everyone else who thought Aaron's tantrum was delightful. I'm going to add it to my personal Telenovela Telephone Abuse Hall of Fame.
 

another great recap- just a quick comment- is it just me, or, or does mister James' spanish seem to be getting worse? maybe because his charactor is so wound up in the moment of his boda the he feels he needs to exagerate everything to such a degree. It's really become a distraction for me. I can't imagine how he can communicate with his native-speaking fellow "actors"..also, i think that Lil-mermaid-pammy said the word "bitchy" again last night, but I don't have the ability to replay, so couldn't. It wasn't in any context that would make any sense, so probably just me again. Keep up the good work......
 

Doradodave - Pammy is calling Aaron "Bichi," which I *think* means something like "little pet." (Blech!!) The fact that it sounds a lot like "bitchy" is just a bonus.

And I agree that Mr. James's "accent" is getting more annoying. He's supposed to be British, but his accent sounds more American to me. (Sadly, he sounds a lot like me, and that is Not Good.) Contrast that to what we heard when Gavi was in England - I haven't heard a lot of British-accented Spanish in my life, but what I have heard didn't anything like Mr. James!

BTW, I wish the Lord and Lady of Dry Gulch Manor the best of luck. They're gonna need it.
 

I wish they'd gotten someone who's first language really wasn't Spanish. The accent would be more believable.

I cringe when James talks. It's so fake and he's so WIMPY, WIMPY, WIMPY! Yuk!

G.
 

now i AM confused. What is the story on the actor that plays mr. James? You mean to tell me that his first language IS Spanish? That would explain a lot (fluency, grammar, etc). I, too cringe, and it's only getting worse...
 

I'm so happy to see Hilario get away from the Peyton Place called the hacienda and the revolving door of dysfunctional mayhem..He's my hero..I love the humility of his character..He just fell in love with the wrong woman,Isadora,who beds down men when she's bored,and who has never had an honest thought in that brain baked with peroxide.. Goods thing will come to Hilario,I believe.

There's something likeable about Pammy..The red hair is way over done..The hairdressers at Televisa could have given her red hair,but not that color..Reminds me of LFMB Mrs. Mendiola. Maybe Pammy should find a single man,as the chances of her and that "slime dog" Aaron getting together are slim to none..Minnie holds the cards on Aaron.
 

I think the actor was born in the US (I wanna say NY) and I believe he spends a lot of time in the US, but for all practical purposes he's a Mexican actor. I've seen him in other things, and he sounds just like everyone else most of the time... the accent is definitely a put-on. If it makes you want to cry, join the club.

(But now I'm wondering, what's his accent like when he speaks English?)
 

Meester James has spoken a few words of English a couple times and his accented English is atrocious. He can't speak well at all.
 

Oh, you mean the Queen's English. Yes, that was horrible too. I meant when the actor is speaking English as himself. I've never heard it, and I'm curious as to how he sounds.
 

No I really cringe when he talks to himself in Spanish..no I believe you would speak to your self in your native language...& I can't talk cause after twenty years I still can't speak Spanish...my sentences at best could be dubbed very poor Spanglish...but Que the Hell he is annoying.

Now about the decaying Meliton...I did want to add in the synopsis that had Acacia planned ahead, it would be a perfect time to cook up a big batch of that Wedding Fare, the greasy meat in the red sauce with side dishes of beans & rice...I was afraid it was too over the top, but hey from a logical stand point it would have served the purpose.
 

I was going to joke that Meliton would come back as a zombie. But then I realized that zombies eat brains... the poor thing would starve.
 

Starving zombies--LOL Julie!

Minnie does seem to hold the cards on Aaron, because he's suuuch a control freak and he doesn't want her to have any fun...
jb
 

Care for some ''Fried Green Meliton???'' Does anyone remember the character Renato in ''Amor Real?'' He was Humberto's [Ernesto Laguardia] friend.... a bonvivant. He often threw in a few words in English or French. It was cute, and he had a pretty good accent in both.
 

Has anyone counted how many cell phones Aaron has destroyed, so far? I lost count after six. LOL
Barbara from Mass. Great recap.
 

Thanks Beckster for another highly entertaining recap. I love it, Clarita is in a telenovela free zone. Now it's personal. lol! And that wedding kiss between mister and Acacia. Yikes...
 

My friend from Puerto Rico said that bichi means small insect or little pet (outside PR). In PR, she said it means "small penis". Just passing it on:


bicho:
Definición | Sinónimos | Conjugator
En Francés | En Portugués
in context | images
Listen: España


Del verbo bichar: (conjugar)
bicho es la:
1ª persona singular (yo) presente indicativo
bichó es la:
3ª persona singular (él/ella/usted) pretérito indicativo

bicho m
1 (insecto) bug, insect
(animal) animal
(cebo) bait
2 (niño) little devil 3 (mal) bicho (persona perversa) nasty piece of work
fig fam bicho raro, weirdo: Pedro es un bicho raro, Pedro is a weirdo
fam hum bicho viviente, living soul: todo bicho viviente tiene un móvil, every mother's son has a mobile phone
 

OMG, that's awesome. I am SO going with the PR definition. :)
 

Oh No the Aaron Bichi...but still ya gotta think would it be better to have a small car that ran all the time...or a big fancy car that no matter what ya did...the engine just couldn't turn over?
 

Let's just not compound the insult by referring to "Little Bichi." ;-)
 

That's what I know about the word too....in Cuba it means insect (actually a bed bug) and I thought in PR slang it's like calling someone a slang word for penis. Which is why I've always wondered if I'm hearing the wrong thing and why she would be calling him that...even if he is a bedbug jejeje!
 

Thanks Beckster, you did it again. I love your analogy about the big car and the little car. Personally, I'd opt for the dependible one that I could always count on to fulfill my needs and greed. Seems kinda dumb to have a nice car going to waste while your spouse is constantly hounding you for a ride. Anyway, I love and agree with everyone's comments except the one that James' phoney accent sounds more American than British. He sounds like an over excited madman to me. James and Acacia's wedding represented the third dysfunctional wedding so far (Aaron to Minnie, Rod to Isa). Now with Sophie and lover clown planning on marrying, that's number 4, and Aaron and Pam would make 5.
 

About ''bichi''....I'm not sure if that is the word, but I have often been told by my Spanish-speaking students that there is a very common term that when said in Puerto Rico has a different, very bad connotation. I'm not sure if it is ''bichi'' or something else. Since it's Mexico, Pammy is probably referring to AAron as ''Bug.'' I know that different cultures sometimes have unusual terms of endearment. I had a woman from Colombia who told me that her hubby called her ''Gordita'' [little fat one]. I thought that it was insulting , but she assured me that it was a term of affection. Go figure. As for the car analogy...good one , Beckster.
 

Thanks for the very funny recap and incisive comments. This was a gold mine of great telenovela moments. Meester James mariachi kareoke was painful and typically awkward. Good thing he was able to smooth over that white dress meltdown of Acacia's. Ah, Clarita is really at rock bottom with no tele. I can't help being fascinated with Aaron, although he is a total slime dog. I'm waiting for Minnie to get her revenge. I try to see Pamela as a tragic figure, but the red hair, puffy lips, and constant state of undress get in the way. This show is my big guilty pleasure right now. Thanks to all of you for making me explode with laughter.
 

I love it that "Shrek" the bartender is finally gonna get some love from Sanwanna do you have any LANA!! Shrek asked her to dance and she was repulsed. Sanwannna then overhears that Shrek owns the bar and has a change of heart.

I hope Shrek uses her and discards her like a used Kleenex!

Hasta los Feos tienen derecho de Amar!!
 

You guys are much more much funnier than any of the telenovela writers. What are all of you doing full time---because many of you have missed your calling! These comments are hysterical and BECKSTER.....You are one amazing recapper! What a talent you have. FELICIDADES.
Haven't heard the word, BICHI, before but I do know that a favorite old hispanic quote is--(sorry- must say it in english--- "The bigger the car, the smaller the penis"!). Makes sense.. :)
I suppose it exists in English as well but have only heard it in Spanish.
SO WHAT"S the bottom line scoop on this MISTER JAMES. His spanish is beginning to distract me as well---though embarrassingly enough, some of his pronounciations are reminiscent of my own--at times, when I am really tired or lazy, especially.
But honestly, I am wondering how Acacia can even take him seriously at times.....His accent is too extreme and I cannot imagine that he would be "talented" enough to fake it so continually ??
Someone said they actually have heard him speak in REAL regular spanish? That is amazing......Please confirm this.
 

I may be wrong but wasn't Mister James Fernando's guitar-playing friend in LFMB? He spoke great Spanish then.
Barbara from Mass - who also gave the bichi explanation.
 

I just finished watching those "Ed" espisodes of LFMB, and yes, they are the same guy. Since I don't speak spanish well, I can't comment on accents (I keep reading that Juan Soler has a cute accent but he sounds just like everyone else to my totally untrained ear).
Kim P.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder