Friday, July 13, 2007

Destilando Amor - Thursday, 7/12/07: “You know it’s true… Everything I do, I do it for you”

Aaron and his mom are chatting at a restaurant and he mentions that Isa’s baby might be the result of, well… Fedra asks, You mean, you doubt that the baby is Rod’s? They have a good laugh.

Bruno joins them and admonishes Aaron for just walking away from Minerva. She’s a good wife and he thinks Aaron’s getting all caught up in having an heir and chasing the Montalvo inheritance. And if Rod’s baby inherits, the business would still be in the family, right?

Pilar calls Bruno and tells him that she needs all of them to come to her place right away. It’s more important than Aaron’s business trip. She wants to talk to them now. They wonder what it could possibly be.

Rod calls the hacienda, asks after James, and instructs Roman to make preparations for him and Isa. They’re planning to come back to the hacienda.

It’s night and James tiptoes up to the front door at Rancho Arroyo Seco. He turns back toward his car. “Mister James!” It’s Acacia. James asks about Meliton’s whereabouts. She says Meliton’s sick, his liver is letting him down.

Gaviota is drinking alone at the Malquerida, despondent. She thinks to herself, why did you have to trick me again, Rod? And make a joke out of my love?

A lonely businessman approaches Gavi at the bar and asks her why she’s all alone. She tells him bluntly to get lost. She’s not looking for company. He persists, sits down, and starts to order her a drink. He tells her he likes angry women! Just then, Frankie approaches, so earnest, and apologizes to Gavi, “Jennifer,” for being late to meet her. He tells the businessman to get lost, because he and his girlfriend want some privacy.

Gavi says to Frankie, who are you? I don’t know you! Get out of here! Are you deaf or what? Frankie tells her he only wants to know one thing, why she hates men. He doesn’t like men, either! He likes women so much better. Gavi scoffs at him.

Frankie says that God made women to show men beauty, love and sensibility. Just like you! Men are so much less stable. A man chases one woman, then goes after the next conquest. A man will always telling the woman he meets that she’s the only one for him, he’s having a problem with his wife, he’ll leave his wife for her. That gets Gavi’s attention.

But Gavi confronts Frankie. What are you talking about? You’re a man! Yes, Frankie says, but he’s not like the others, he’s loyal. He’s looking for a queen to share his life with. He wants to dedicate his life to making one woman happy, forever.

Frankie asks, are you single, married, widowed or separated? Gav says, none of those! She’s a committed to remain single, the best state for a woman to be. She asks Frankie, are you married or engaged? He says no, of course not. Or I wouldn’t be here. She tells him he looks like he is. He says it’s because he spent the day working on taxes.

Aaron, Fedra and Bruno join Pilar, Sophie and Daniela at Pilar’s place. Aaron wants to get started, so he can leave for Miami. Dani tells him that they need to wait for Rod, because Rod will be especially interested in the information that Aaron will provide them. Dani instructs Sophie to go call Rod to track him down. Sophie reports that the line is busy and Rod’s cell is off.

Since Rod is not reachable, Dani decides to get down to business. She asks Aaron, What did you do with Mariana Franco’s liquidation check for 5 million pesos, the one you said you gave to her to leave my brother alone? You said she left happy with the check, but it was never cashed and she left the company humiliated. Dani has proof about the check!

Aaron shouts at Dani, you listen to me! Dani confronts him, No you listen to me! I want you to retract your words and apologize. Bruno wants to end the charade if what Dani says is true.

Aaron admits that things didn’t happen exactly like he told them. Yes, Mariana did leave. Aaron knows what kind of a woman she is: that’s what’s important! She was going to go after Rod. Aaron did what he had to for the family. Aaron told them all the version that he did because he did not want to drag the family into issues of this nature.

Fedra chimes in that Mariana had her eye on Aaron as soon as she started work with him – that’s the reason for Aaron’s divorce with Minnie. Dani calls Fedra on her lie: the real reason that Aaron is divorcing Minerva is that she can’t bear him an heir!

Dani tells them that Videgarray considers Mariana to be a woman of integrity. Aaron interrupts her, That woman is a danger to Rod! Bruno says that Rod’s old enough to make up his own mind and take care of himself. Aaron is angry that they doubt his word. He said what he did was for the good of the family. Period! And that’s all he’s going to say!!

Aaron gets up to leave, and Pilar calls after him to wait. He storms out. Fedra gets up and tells them to let Aaron go, her son acted in good faith. Bruno is flustered and doesn’t know what to think. He follows Fedra out. Dani has tears in her eyes and is angry that Bruno and Fedra are not getting involved. Pilar is distraught and is sure the family will break apart.

Minerva is at home, seated on the floor, crying. She can’t imagine her life without Aaron. He is everything to her!

Rod gets word that the taxi is ready to take Isa and him to the airport. The phone rings again and Isa tells him not to answer it or they’ll be late. He picks up the phone and tells Sophie that he can’t come to Pilar’s now. He and Isa are leaving. Isa decided to forgive him. Rod paces around the couch, sighing. They’re going back to the hacienda to make the marriage work and to plan the honeymoon that they never took. Rod wonders why Sophia is not happier for them. She congratulates him weakly and hangs up.

At the bar, Gavi prepares to leave. Frankie asks her why she is at the bar, drinking by herself. It must be for spite. Gavi looks vulnerable. Frankie tells her that the eyes always tell the tale. Her eyes do. He knows how to read people and he waves his hands in front of her face. She plays along and pretends to be surprised.

Frankie says, a man came into your life and hurt you. If I’m lying, you can leave. If you stay, you’ll let me buy you a drink so we can talk about your past, your present, and your future. Gavi gets up to leave, but turns around. Are you some kind of a sorcerer?

Frankie’s got her interest now. He tells her he has special power from a Tibetan monk that he must share. Gavi stays, but she’ll pay for her own drink. She wants to know more. They gaze at each other for a moment, and he pretends to blow magic dust off his palm toward her. She smiles and nods, pretending to be impressed.

At the ranch, Acacia lets James inside. He tells her he’s found a house for them in town. They can see Father Cosme tomorrow about getting married. But Acacia’s not leaving. She’s told him, this is her ranch and soon it will be his, too! James doesn’t understand how she can stay in this hell with her uncle. He sees the rifle on the table. Acacia picks it up and tells him that the rifle makes her feel safer, especially since Meliton is blaming her for everything. Here, she says to James, you take the rifle!

Acacia runs down the hall to peer at Meliton, asleep on his bed. She mentions that Meliton told her that many people have died cleaning their guns. And that can happen to Meliton, too. James lets go of the rifle like it is contagious. Acacia! They kiss in the doorway.

Frankie tells Gavi he has a sense of her past by her eyes. But for the future, you have to look at the hands. She plays along and asks him to read her palm. He does an incantation and says her hand shows that she’s smart, talented, etc. He sees her happy in the future, in a place with flowers. But not with the man who betrayed her. Gavi is disappointed.

Acacia breaks away from James and he runs after her. She can’t possibly stay here, Meliton will continue to abuse her. That makes James want to kill him! Acacia agrees that Meliton will continue to abuse her – unless James does something about it. James wants her to leave, but she won’t. She says, Kill him! If you really love me, kill him!

James horrified. He aims the rifle, thinks about it for a second, and refuses. You’re not serious! He tries to get her to leave. Again she refuses. She’s staying. James tells her he knows how much she hates Meliton, but killing him is not the solution! James pleads with her to leave. He’ll come back tomorrow for her answer. She shows him the door and tells him he knows what her terms are. She leans away as he tries to kiss her goodbye.

At the hacienda, San Juana skips into the kitchen and tries to get Hilario’s attention. She asks after James. Hilario chides her for her interest in Elvis, Francisco, and now James. James is getting married! San Juana’s not so sure. Hilario tells San Juana that he doesn’t want anything with her. She counters that she knows what Hilario wants. Just then, Roman comes in to tell them to get ready for Rod and Isa’s return. San Juana turns to Hilario to taunt him, Good news for you!

Sophia tells Dani and Pilar that Rod has reconciled with Isa and they are returning to the hacienda. Dani can’t believe it. Sophie couldn’t tell Rod the news about Aaron sending Gaviota away, Rod is so happy about his child now. Dani says she’ll tell Rod the news! Pilar tells her not to call him. Rod won’t handle the news at all. Sophie agrees.

Sophia says, maybe Mariana wasn’t so bad after all. Pilar says, maybe Mariana isn’t really a saint. But at any rate, she’s gone and no one can find her. There’s no point in telling Rod now, there’s no chance for him to reconcile with Gaviota. And the news could turn him against the family, Isa, and his child. He could be capable of killing Aaron!

Gavi says to Frankie, so I’ll live my life as an old maid, but happy! No, no. He sees someone in her future, someone very special: loyal, sincere, noble. He can’t see what the man looks like. And this is all too much for Frankie! Why? Well, Frankie doesn’t want to brag, but the man he sees in Gavi’s future is a lot like him. Gavi’s ready to end the consultation.

She gets up to leave and Frankie follows her. He wants to know her name, seriously. She tells him it’s Jennifer. He wants her number, but she refuses. At least she can let him walk her to her car or give her a ride home. It’s dangerous out there!

Dani calls Elvis and gives him the news about the confrontation with Aaron. It goes against her principles not to tell Rod what happened. Elvis tells her to try to see things from Pilar’s point of view, she’s trying to keep the family together.

Gavi thanks Frankie for the ride. He wants to see her again and tells her about great places they can go, dancing. He sings a little reggaeton song to her about how he hopes he didn’t offend her. He wants her number. She tells him it’s in the book, under Jennifer! She leaves. Francisco strikes out!

Gavi comes home and wakes her mom. Clarita confronts her about drinking. Gavi smiles. But I met a charming guy who read my palm and told me my future. Clarita gets interested. Will we be poor? Get I get married? Win the lottery? Gavi says, no, no. It was just a game to get to know me. But he seemed like an OK guy. She tells Clarita she listened to what he had to say. And she stills feels like she’ll be betrayed again.

Rod and Isa walk into the hacienda foyer, holding hands. Isa pulls him aside and whispers that she wants them to sleep in the same room. Rod manages a smile and agrees. Isa will need some special provisions. She gets Rod to tell the staff the news: My wife is pregnant.

Clarita badgers Gavi into praying to the saints. Gavi prays for protection from the Montalvos. She has a laundry list of requests. And she wants to break Rod’s face, too. Clarita is angry at her and starts to pray again. Gavi’s not going to forgive Rod, but she prays that nothing bad will happen to him.

Rod wants to hire someone to help Isa with everything. Isa knows the perfect person for the job, San Juana. San Juana is thrilled!

Hilario looks ill. Rod and Isa approach the stairs, hand in hand. Isa stops in front of Hilario, Aren’t you going to congratulate me?

Gavi can’t sleep and remembers how Rod told her he wanted them to return to Tequila when they got married. A lie! She hears Francisco’s words about men again. Gavi says, if Rod wants to be with his wife, I hope he’s happy!

Isa is sitting in bed. I thought it was over, but I won. I won, Gaviota! Now Rod is mine. Rod strides out of the bathroom. He brushes his hair and pauses suddenly. Isa asks, what are you thinking about? Nothing, he says. She smiles sweetly. I don’t believe you!

Rod sits next to her. Look, the most important thing in my life is my child. My child… my child and…. you. Isa brightens up. I’ve never heard you talk like that before! What beautiful words. She leans over and says, I’ll always love you. Rod looks resigned and sad. Isa kisses him and he doesn’t break away from her.

Advances for Friday:
- Isa and Rod kiss
- Isa gloats
- Dani finally reaches Rod on the phone, but will the truth be revealed?

Labels:


Comments:
Excellently thorough. A lot went on last night. For me, James and Acacia are rising in the rankings of Most Annoying Couples. Acacia is supposed to be beautiful, vulnerable, wistful and winning. The way this actress plays her, she is about as subtle as La India Maria. Acacia runs after James screeching and flapping her shawl like an angry little bat. Who would risk all for such a creature? By contrast, Isa was stunning in triumph, graciously pausing by the staircase to allow the help to admire her impeccably Nordic features. All in vain--I doubt she gets to second base with her man.
 

I hate to say it, but I am liking Francisco right now!
 

Susana..yep I was getting a likeable vibe off Frankie & I have known guys who always score, by taking the what rat bastards, men are point of view...

I guess Bruno figures if he could put up with Fedra, then Aaron can do the time with Minnie...I kinda feel sorry for Minnie...she knew Aaron was a ruthless pig..but hey he was her pig
 

As corny as Gavi and Frankie's meeting sounds, I know someone who met his wife in exactly that way. They were at a party and a guy was harrassing her, so she walked up to my friend and started talking to him as if he was her boyfriend in order to get rid of Elias...I mean....the annoying guy who was putting the moves on her. The rest is history...they have 3 boys, a 3 year old and one year old twins !!! So watch out Frankie.
 

I like the way Gavi put Fransisco back into his place with "Look in the book under Jennifer" - it was very good!
Rod made a "good" desicion based on a bad promises - he decided to be a good father and husband to the " una buena mujer". Considering lies about Gavi and believing that he is a father of a baby - it is actually a right choice.
I wonder if he finds out about lies from Dani or she will keep quiet.
And I'm really sorry for Minerva - I think that she either will loose her mind or commit a suicide.
Eve
 

I think Minnie may commit murder -- like Joselyn in her pencil skirt and elegant pumps shooting at Gabe.

Maybe Minnie will go after Isa when she finds out about her betrayal.
 

Thanks Susana for the excellent recap.

Aaron is such a glorious bad guy, but I keep fearing he's going to stroke out before we get to see the flaming demise of which he's so deserving. The throbbing vein and twitching when he faces opposition seem to be getting worse!

And I never before gave a second thought to Isa getting anywhere with Rod, but I kept watching closely and he wasn't pulling away from her. He wasn't showing any enthusiasm, but for the first time I felt a little apprehension.

Frankie didn't leave me with the urge to shower that I usually have after seeing him, but he's still on my list of characters who need to go!

I'm just feeling sad for Minnie right now.
 

Muy Buena reacap Susanna. I especially enjoyed your title....so appropriate! Well suffice it to say, I AM DONE!!!! Just stuff me, roast me, then stick me with a fork! I AM TOTALLY DONE!!!! Rodrigo has graduated from too dumb for words, to too dumb to live!! It has been his errors from the beginning that have caused all this heartache, and he continues to sink deeper and deeper in his own sludge. I guess when Rodrigo finally gets it right, all will be right with the world. The major learning lessons seem to be meant for him. Isa's victory look, even though she is very pretty, makes my skin crawl. Maybe Francisco does have some redeeming qualities, but I seriously doubt it. I'm hoping that Aaron mends the error of his ways, and becomes a decent human being. I don't know why, but I secretly have hopes for him and rubber lips. Speaking of Aaron, is there some possibility that he's Fedra's baby and Bruno's maybe??? I'm thinking that Fedra stepped out on old Bruno when Aaron was conceived????? They even managed to put our Dani on cold freeze last night, but I hope not for long.... I must admit, I do love this novela.
 

susanlyn...
I can top that..years ago my dad was cheating on my step-mom..well anyway my evil stepmom went out..picked some guy up in a bar, the next morning he asked her name (my maiden name was very unique), the guy looked at her and said No Sh*t, my ex is screwing your husband. My evil step mom went all Isa over it..
It was St. Louis so it was no small town, so yeah Frankie could hustle Gavi...
Ps. I take no credit for the St. Louis scenerio..I had jumped off that traveling freak show years before.
 

Susana: Terrrrrrriiiiiific recap. I am back from the boonies and couldn't wait to read it. I hate motels with satellite and cable but no Uni! Thanks!

Desticafe: I agree with your assessment. However, if the Ice
B!tch wins, well then, like Gavi says: you buttered your bread now eat it! Acacia is not played even as well as La Inda Maria and I am not a fan of LIM at all!
 

Wow Beckster - apparently I'm living in the quiet part of St. Louis!
 

I think that Minerva is a royal B**** and really deserves what Aaron did to her. I like Pamela way more.
 

Gotta say I have no pity for Minnie either...
jb
 

I liked Frankie even less last night! Apparently he will hit on anyone in a skirt, whether she's got money or not! And I HATED the magician act!

But that's just me.

I've given up guessing who's going to get whacked first, or what will happen to Minnie. Maybe she will try to kill Aaron, and then that desgraciado will have the perfect excuse to kill her - in self-defense.
 

They're not gonna whack Minerva till the last couple episodes, she's a star!
 

Rhonda...I grew up in St Louis..North County, one of the McDonnell Douglas kids..I really liked St. Louis, but when I left I never looked back..The time in St. Louis was not the best time of my life..
 

Caray, Beckster^^^Your story trumped my tale !!! Do you think Minervaaa will go to Rod and rat AAron out...or , perhars she'll tell Bruno who treats her really well. I, personally, feel like this is payback for Chantal as Antonia in ''Amor Real''. She was such a b**** in that show ...getting in the tub with Manuel...acting like queen of the castle...lying...and then she ended up with sweet Sixto. Que the hell ???? But she will get revenge on AAron in a very juicy way, I think. How will she find out that AAron slept with her best friend Isadora ???? Only those two know, so it will have to be from their lips...probably AAron's during one of his meltdowns. I can't believe that Pilar and Sophia have convinced Dani not to tell Rod about AAron's lies. Gavi is driving me crazy...I think I'd rather have Rod end up with someone else...but I know he won't.
 

Monday will be a "barn burner" when the two lovebirds are caught redhanded in the bathtub playing footsies.At least,it will move our Pamela from posing at the pool in her bikini to nude in the tub with Aaron.As much as I dislike the character of Minnie,I wish she would knock that toupee right off Aaron's head.

Our Rod has become a complete card carrying idiota..That phrase of "una buena mujer" has been written for him way too many times.That statement una buena mujer is a typical response of an egotisticsl man,who thinks he's so wonderful that his woman(Isa or Gavi)would never look at another man.I was surprised that he didn't get laid by TWB last night..Now he's going to spring her worthless father from jail.Did someone say Isa in triumph? Yes, she looked like the cat that swallowed the "proverbial canary". Rod is a trusting naive man,with one exception. He thinks the worst of the woman he loves and the best of a royal bitch & liar(Isadora)..Will he ever get a "clue"? We'll be loving the suspense to the end. I believe he will be a loving father to this kid that's not his. Someone wrote here that they think Rod & Gsvi will end up with this kid.Perfect observation and probably right on target.Isadora & Frankie will not be around in the final roundup,as their evil ways will be their demise.
 

Darn. Frankie was so charming on Thursday nite--and even managed to laugh at himself for not scoring with "Jennifer"--acknowledging her as his equal as she ditched him at her gate.
 

What an excellent recap of one of the best episodes yet. Also, these are some of the best comments and remarks about viewers reactions to the episode. Some of the comments express my feelings, to others I say "no way". James and Acacia definately take the prize for most annoying couple. But after the last two episodes, Gavi and Rod are not far behind. (Hopefully, their stay on my list will not last long). Frankie is too much of a freeloader and clown for my liking. I don't feel one bit sorry for Minnie. She should know by now that Aaron is a liar, a cheater and that he's not going to change. I disagree that Rod made a good choice since he thinks that he's the father of Isa's baby and also since he thinks that Gavi decieved him. That's fool's behavior. Everytime he feels pain, he goes and does something stupid. I don't see how he can be a good father when he doesn't use common sense or good judgement. He's a poor example for any child to model after. When he(Rod) told James that his kid could play with James and Acacia's kid, I thought I'd puke. Poor kids, just think what each child will have for a mother. From the moment Rod and Isa kissed and he showed tenderness to her, I gave up on him. He's not the same Rod I wanted Gavi to end up with. Although speaking of Gavi, she's entirely too fiesty for me. I became disappointed with her when she hung up on Videgaray after her rapid fire speech. So, for payback, I enjoyed watching her lack of success in selling encyclopedias. Aaron and Pam are still couple number 1 in my book.
 

Why would Rod and Gav wind up with isa's child. It isn't his and according to novelaland, he finds out eventually. I think minnie will commit suicide and leave a note for Rod about how gavi was innocent of everything. However, we need to see her find out about the sex life of aaron and esa. Maybe aaron tells her that during one of his rages, before she commits suicide??? May be Dani tells Rod the truth before he volunteers to take on esa's dads debts. that would be nice. He does the same thing that Fern did in La Fea. Each time Fern thought Lety was out of his life, he went back to marcia. Neither man can make it without a woman beside them.
 

I am thinking that francisco is playing with gavi cause he knows who she is and he wants to get her back into town so rod will give esa space and he can continue his romance????
 

I liked the little song, that Franky made up for Gavi XD. Does anyone know the lyrics of it?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder