Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Destilando Amor7/30/07 "Rod and Gavi go for Triples, yet can't get to first base"

*****First off…I messed up the DVR & did not get the recording so…alas always a constant source of disappointment... I am referring to myself not the DVR, well if I am anything it is consistent, Second off, for those more sensitive readers there may be comments regarding certain characters which you may find offensive... please believe me that these are in no way directed at personally at you, in fact I don’t know you soooo if you feel offended just consider it a random shot in the dark, everyone get lucky sometime... therefore proceed with caution.****

We rehash the cringe worthy business encounter of Gavi & Avellaneda… What’s that noise in the background? Eek EeeeK Eek Eeeek why I know, it is the sound of a rusty pump being primed…Go Gavi get that info.

Now we see Aaron talking on the cell phone; he is in the room at the Mexico City "Ramada Inn of Clandestine Lovers", Stepford Pammy is running around getting things ready to return to Miami. Once there she can immerse herself once again and all the bad humans will leave her and the future King Neptune alone. Aaron tells Bruno that Rod is coming back to the company and Aaron is on his way to handle things in Miami, Aaron sends Pammy out with the bellboy and he then asks to speak to Patricio, who is in Bruno’s hospital room along with Dani. Aaron tells Pat to keep an eye on Minnie, he is trusting Pat to give him updates on her activities.

Over in Dry Gulch Acres, our young bride Acacia is busy whipping up some comida for her new hubby. James creeps up behind her and grabs her... I know this probably seems like playful banter, but not so much to young Acacia coming off years of physical and sexual abuse. Acacia seriously freaks, she is terrified and James tries to comfort her by giving her a new cell phone. Acacia doesn’t want it; she stares at it.

*Seriously this is like some National Geographic Documentary, where the isolated Stone Age tribe is given an ipod. James says she needs this so she can get a hold of him anytime. This is all being done in anticipation of the day Meliton returns from his worldly travels. This would be a perfect time for a Verizon, can you hear me in Hell? commercial. Acacia says she doesn’t think Meliton will be back. Hmmmm breakfast is served. James looks perplexed, but then James always does.

Gavi & Susan, the lady from her new job, are going to lunch. Gavi spots Rod in full stalker mood. She tries to get Susan to step it up, but Rod asks Susan to pardon them and says he must speak with Gavi. He tells her she must listen to him. Somehow with much pushing and shoving they end up on a large stand like setting. Now I am very vague here as I was going to rewatch this & figure it out, alas I even disappoint myself. Anyway the bantering begins people are watching, a crowd is forming, why it seems like our two star-crossed lovers are putting on a performance... Rod tells his part the angst the three years, whewwww the crowd sways in Rod’s favor... but no Gavi counters, she laments her part of the tale... now the women nod… Gavi and Rod bow… The crowd goes wild…

I know this is very vague, and feel free to add the actual dialogue, but I think it is just more of the re hashed ten minutes of bliss three years of hell repeated ad nauseum

*****This is just a side note, but at this point Rod has full blown poofy hair, like really poofy.****

Now over to the Tequila Cantina where the shrek bartender and Crispin are talking. Crispin says Meliton will soon spend all the dinero he made from the sale of his truck, so he should be back soon & the agave is gonna hit the fan. (Hey that must be the money Acacia found squirreled away)... this talk reminds the bartender of the dance he and SannaWanna shared after the wedding. He seems to be enamored with SanWannna, just wait until he has a conversation with her and that will fade. Crispin says the way to a woman is to ply her with gifts, flowers, chocolates, and perfume. Bartender guy is gonna get her some chocolates.

This is a lead in to a scene at the hacienda of SannaWanna sitting there reading a TeleNovela magazine and here comes Ofelia, she chastes SW and SW is all right back up in her face. SW is this close to telling Ofelia that Hil had a thing for the Patroness when Roman shuts her up and sends her on her way. Roman tells Ofelia to let it go and not to make trouble.

Back to DF, the departmento, Isa is lounging around in a what else? A goldish taupe dress, all shimmery & showing off her perfect white blonde hair and tanned skin. The phone rings and it is her sister-in-law Sofie. Isa converses with her normal flat voice and emotionless face. Sometimes I just swear she is an Austin Powers Fem-bot, yes a creation of that genius, and my favorite "Dr Evil".

Sofie tells Isa she is looking for Rod. Sofie has just the bestest evah news… She and Frankie are getting married, and moving to Japan where he has employment opportunities. Isa is thought bubbling the "Que the Hell? A job? In Japan? Not my ManWhore". Well, I guess Isa isn’t a fem-bot cause that phone would have been crushed to a fine baby powder consistency at that point. Isa congratulates her through gritted but perfect teeth. After hanging up she calls Montalvo, Rod is not in the office and this sends Isa into a tailspin of speculation.

Somewhere Hilario is standing on the street of a city, a nice car pulls up and a business guy gets out. Hil is all patronizing (just like at the ranch), the man walks away and Hil starts washing the car. That is how cars get washed in Mexico. I really think Hil should work on his job skills and did he not get paid at the ranch? I would think he should have had a little dinero saved up.

****Make-up must have noticed Rod’s poofy hair and someone gelled it down****

Rod and Gavi are at an outdoor restaurant, they start off in a mano y mano pissing contest of ordering double Tequilas. I know that is what I usually do on my second day at a new job, especially after I couldn’t find a real one and well I wanted to make a really good impression.

****I know we have all been down on Rod for being, well an AssHat, but Gavi for the love of Gawd, what the hell is she thinking? I mean I can kinda see Rod thinking well if she gets drunk enough hey maybe we can play island, I mean he owns the frickin company he doesn’t have to go back to work***

Rod tells Gavi how her true identity was discovered, the singing of "Gaviota" at the top of her lungs, flashback… Gavi counters why wasn’t she busted right then? Rod explains that Minnie wouldn’t let Isa and how they investigated Gavi and came up with all the falsifications. Rod then tells her that he was told by Aaron that Gavi sold Rod out for Five Million Pesos…. Gavi good and true is appalled.

Gavi tells Rod what Aaron told her, that Rod was just having a little fun with her and it was nothing serious. You can see both of them are stricken that the other would believe such lies... like hey, its okay that I thought you were a RatBastard or a money grubby Skank, I mean I had all this evidence, but you shoulda known better about me (and visa versa). Well that is a bit awkward. I know what would make it seem better a few more doubles, yeah go ahead. Gavi goes off and calls to Susan to tell her that she has some issues to work out with her former employer, good call. Maybe the evil Hotel Lady that Gavi worked for wasn’t so far off the mark.

Over at Pilar’s, Elvis comes in carrying some food for Abuela "the fish", the real Abuela no longer eats, she just sucks little parts of the soul out of the living for substance. Dani comes in and Pilar tells her that Sofie is going to be married and Dani has a "Que the Hell" muy impacted moment.

Elvis is feeding Abuela (the one in the tank, not the one in the crypt), Frankie and Sofie come in and try to make uncomfortable small talk with Elvis, Dani comes in and asks to speak to Sofie for a moment. Sofie leaves with Dani. Francisco is walking about the room, he stands behind a desk, caressing the chair. Frankie thought bubbles "Mine some day it will all be mine…"

Sofie and Dani are talking and Pilar is sitting on the couch watching, unblinking absorbing small soul chunks. Dani is like, What you are you doing? You don’t know him… blah blah blah. Sofie (and yes feel free to hate me here, cause I hate myself) goes off on a tangent about it is time for her to be happy, someone cares for her and she just wants to be with him. Damn, I am having a serious Jan Brady moment and I feel sorry for Mistress Sofie the Unloved, I want Frankie to love her, but I think that is too much even for a TeleNovela. Dani cries, Sofie cries… embrace embrace… Elvis & Frankie come in and hug the girls... it is a Hallmark Hall of Fame moment. Pilar sucks more soul chunks… Talk amongst yourselves, while I pull myself out of my shame spiral over this pitifully emotional moment.

Okay I am ready to go back and mock Rod and Gavi. While still arguing we are now up to triples, I think they had three double each and now are working on triples. Is this what the kids call binge drinking? The waiter is privy to all this exchange, in real life one or both of these people would be waking up six hours from now with a splitting headache and the waiter. Rod now gives Gavi the 411 about Aaron saying he boinked her, Gavi is furious, Rod says the whole family backed the lie and Dani Drew and Videgaray Hardy got to the bottom of it.

Rod now tries to give Gavi a check (the money owed to her by the company plus interest), she is scornful, it is a personal check not a company check. Rod is just trying to make himself feel better, it is the company that owes her not him. Rod is like well I don’t want to make waves. Gavi does a most excellent Norma Rae here and comments how she is poor, but honest and she’d rather go hungry than take his money. (Somewhere across town Clarita’s ears perk up…could the television be far behind?).

Gavi now to add insult to injury cross-examines Rod about Isa. Are they divorced? Separated? In couples therapy? Making an appearance on the Dr. Phil show, "Family First"? Well Rod confesses, he felt like such an ass, that he and Isa got back together. Okay that’s it, pour me a quadruple (no really just another triple), Gavi is like leave me alone, it is a big city, we never have to meet, go on with your life, be happy, but leave me in peace. She leaves the table and Rod throws down some money on the table and follows her. A green VW Taxi pulls up and Gavi goes to get in, Rod tries to get her not to leave, but alas it is for naught. I hope he slipped her twenty pesos for the taxi.

Somewhere in the great unknown, Hil finishes polishig the car, the business guy comes out and gets in his car, I think he is gonna stiff Hil, sucka, but I am wrong yet again, he gives Hil a coin. Hil in a very childish way, unties his bandana and places his coin in the cloth, he has several others in there, Hil is very excited about all his golden ducats. Of course, it is not to last, Hil is accosted by of all people Gaspar from Duelo, thank you Jesus, he didn’t drown, but blew that rustic Sierra Whatever for life in the big city. You know it is Gaspar cause not only does he look the same, though a bit more rakish in his new gangsta gear, he still talks all halting like James. He is hangin with a Homie gangsta and they shake Hil down, take his money and tell him to go back to his ranch.

Now a total shout out to Sofie, she is at Isa’s departmento and she is a knock out. She is wearing a black dress that is very slimming, black heels and for once sheer pantyhose. Sofie I bow to your fashion sense. Isa is ranting and raving that once again Rod has slipped the lease. Sofie tells her to calm down.

Frankie is in the hall talking to Stefano, Stefano is pressuring Frankie to get out and pay up. Frankie says I am this close, he says he told them he will have to take Sofie to Japan. Now it is Stefanos turn for a "Que the Hell?" muy impacted moment. Frankie has it all figured out that Sofie’s family will offer him a job rather than let Sofie leave. Stefano asks if he loves Sofie and Frankie answers of course he adores her. Stefano just shakes his head. Is it wrong for me to say I think Stefano is kinda hawt?

Thus ends another episode….
Tomorrow night Isa is telling Frankie, postpone the wedding for one month and they can run off together, she is touching his face as Rod walks up and witnesses the action…
My Husband says he thinks Rod will figure it our…
My answer is "Please, if they were on the floor and Frankie was on top, Rod would merely say Con Permiso as he stepped over them"…

Labels:


Comments:
Aww Beckster your recaps make me wish you lived on my block, I wish we could get together for coffee like the housewives used to in the 1960s sitcoms and then we could - oh, I dunno, talk about how good our new floor wax is. Thank you for being here. Rod and Gav - and Aaron - drink more than anybody in telenovela-land - yet they never seem drunk. Well, I guess that makes sense in a show about tequila. Maybe the Tequila Board underwrote this novela.
 

It must be that Rod and Gav are drinking Aaron’s watered down stuff. No, that was for export…or maybe he is doing a market test of the product at home. I’ve heard of places where they start out with the good stuff and as perceptions dim they switch to the house brand, or maybe that is just at college parties.
Anyway, I was wondering…Univision or Televisa at least sure does seem to get a lot of mileage out of the same actors and actresses. Are they under a contract that specifies a certain number of hours of air time, like pilots? Or maybe they just work cheap? Or could it be (not possible~!) there are no other actors in the Hispanic world!!! I have been tuning in to Telenovelas for the last couple of seasons, and it sure does seem that I keep seeing the same old (sometimes bearded, glasses, new hair) faces but the voices are a dead giveaway. JudyG
 

Only in Mexico can one get a car wash with a half bucket of water..The scratches on that car must be tremendous..Jeez..

When will the James & Acacia saga drift off into the sunset or move to Europa,i.e.Londres,Paris,just anywhere..Those two characters are unwatchable..I've never understood how they add to this story,other than James is there for Rodrigo as a sounding board and to make two at a table.

The only person that gets drunk from tequila flowing like wine is Clarita..She's the only one that can't seem to hold her liquor.

I can just imagine when I was in the corporate world going out for a 3-4 tequila lunch,then returning to the office bright- eyed to do my job..Yeah, right..

Like previous commentator, I've never seen so much alcohol being consumed on a novela..

How is it that Rod never mentioned to Gavi that TWB is embarazada?
 

Oh Beckster, you never disappoint.

I've also noticed that Sofie is dressing better ever since Frankie came along. What I don't get is how being around him suddenly inspired her with fashion sense.

When Rod and Gavi were drinking heavily in public and he was shoving money at her, I had to wonder if it would look bad for an employee of the regulatory board to be seen partying with the guy who's running a troubled tequila company. I know she doesn't have a lot of power just yet, but that could change quickly. Even though she refused the money, an observer might wonder if she turned it down because it wasn't enough.
 

Oh and what is up with Hilario hanging around in the city in full ranch garb and counting his money out in the open. I realize he's a country boy, but it seems awfully foolish. I think even Clarita would know better.
 

Half a bucket of water and not a bit of soap.....Yeesh.

"It must be that Rod and Gav are drinking Aaron’s watered down stuff. No, that was for export…or maybe he is doing a market test of the product at home. I’ve heard of places where they start out with the good stuff and as perceptions dim they switch to the house brand..." --Ha! Man, we were wondering how either of them could be standing up straight, let alone her heading back to work without smelling like a distillery. I got to thinking about how they regularly water down "table wine" in Paris restaurants to keep the clients from all turning into raving drunks at their meals there.
 

p.s., Did I catch it correctly? Seemed to me that right after Gavi taunted him about his wife, Rod tried to find the correct words to explain about the pregnancy and how that changed things with Gavi out of the picture when he found out, but Gavi stopped Rod short as he was just getting started. She told him not to "borujar", stir things up and confound/upset things, any further. For her it was enough that he had reconciled with his wife so she did not want to hear anything more out of him. That was the last straw and the reason she got up and left.
 

Great recap, Beckster!
Also, about this drinking - did anybody notice that after they go thru regular dose of tequila they usually drive? I remember when Rod was completely drunk and hardly could walk somebody helped him to his car and his was off as a happy camper driving away. The same for LFMB, if anybody remembers how completely drunk Fernando was always driving around. Do they in Mexico don't have laws against drunk drivers? Just curious.
Eve
 

Beckster, this was your best recap ever, and you've had some gems. As I said before, I'm not watching (too painful) but I'm still hooked enough to keep reading.
I came late to the loooooong discussion of Friday's episode and wanted to add my 2 pesos worth to the music discussion. If you want to hear clear, easily understandable lyrics, even for a 2-year neophyte, listen to Jose Jose. He sang some great ballads back in the 70's and his enunciation is great....and oh my, he can really hold a note. Hard to believe after the wreck we saw playing Lety's dad in LFMB.
I got one of his CD's from the library and it is great.

Judy B.
 

Amazing, beckster. I marvel at how you can do this, particularly when it's all from memory!
 

I love your recaps beckster, waaay better that the actual Novela. I agree w/you, Rod will not even acknowledge what he saw, He is so distressed about Gaviota, that he doesn't care what Isa does. Wouldn't be fun if the Montalvos called Franky's bluff and didn't stop Sofi and him from leaving?? :) What would he do???
Anyway, thanks again for such a funny recap

Maricruz
 

The Tequila thing is my favorite because when people drink that much in that short of a time they 1) end up puke drunk at the bar or 2) end up telling someone 6 hours later, I've never done anything like this in my life...it was the Tequila.

Also my huband was saying how you see these strange little snippets of James & Acacia like 30 seconds in Hell and then nothing..
 

As weird as the James & Acacia scenes are, I'm grateful that at least they're short. And I'm grateful that the filler in general is being kept to a minimum... I mean you've got Shrek's little side-story of liking SanWanna and a few other things like that, but it's not like it's a cast of thousands like on Mundo de Fieras or Heridas de Amor.

However, if we WERE to be inflicted with filler, I'd request more Dani & Elvis. In fact I think you could make a case for a Dani & Elvis sitcom, where Pilar is their reluctant roommate due to personal financial ruin caused by poor judgement of character.
 

Why are Frankie and the owner of the apartment always chattering in the hallway instead of the apartment? Does Frankie not want to let him into the apartment? You would think the owner doesn't live there.

Estefano(?) is such a dweeb. He knows Frankie is a freeloader and a gigolo and he doesn't throw him out?

G.
 

We know there are fillers on our beloved show,but it would be so good to see more of Dani & Elvis instead of the "whackjobs" James,Acacia,Sanwanna,and tedious Sofia.

Yes, it seems our Sofia is spicing up the wardrobe a little now that the "dirt sandwich" Frankie has proposed..Does anyone see martial bliss for these two?

Can't wait until Minnie,Isadora,Sofia,and Fedra find out that Gavi is working for the tequila board? There will be "hell to pay",but Gavi can handle it..

Possibility exist that Pilar may turn out to be very supportive of Gavi,as she liked her at Montalvos,before she learned she was Gaviota..Could it be??
 

A great recap. Beckster, I love your description of the love birds 10 minutes of bliss followed by three years of hell:) It all goes back to that darn tequilla haze that you described some time ago. I agree with others who tire of the James, Acacia scenes. I picture him as a grown man who has no clue that he's taking advantage of an abused child. I loved the comparison of James giving her the cell phone to someone giving an iPod to an isolated stone age tribe:) She sure dropped it as though it was an evil spirit. Last but not least, regarding the scene with Isa caressing Frankie's face, I'm placing my bet with those who think that it'll go right over Rod's head. Perhaps the scene will provoke a pleasant thought bubble of himself and Gavi in such a loving pose. At most he'll insist that she comes indoors and rest for the good of the babygirl that he's hoping for. Otherwise, I don't see him having a problem with it. That would be too normal for Rod.
 

Oh, Beckster! A great and funny recap as always!! I agree with you! Rod WOULD just walk over Isa and Frankie and say "con permiso". Let's see what happens tonight!
 

You're right about tonight..The face caressing scene between the lovebirds Issy & Frankie will go right over Rodrigo's head. He'll be thinking about "bobblehead Gavi"dumping him again,again,again to even give that a thought.
 

I forgot I talked to a guy the other nite..I work at a call center..who worked for TeleVisa & I told him to quit screwing around with my TeleNovela line-up..he didn't believe me until I told him I watched Destilando...He said wanna know what is gonna happen & I said yeah..He said they were gonna do a spin off, then He laughed and said No really..you know the end is always happy. I said yeah cause they got a theme song and if you get a theme song..well

Then he said to watch the new SOS tonite after Destilando.
 

I am trying for my husband to interpet for me and everytime they talk the music gets louder, its really annoying and hard to hear what they are saying, Don't they realize that?? JQ
 

Another great recap from beckster - thank you!!

I'm jealous of Rod & Gavi's ability to drink their lunches and go back to work; after a glass of wine I'm too addled to concentrate at work, or want to.
But I do love wine and novelas at night!

Sophie should not wear skirts that end just below the knees - they make her legs look stubby and fat. I say hike it up or drop it down more.

Yay Gaspar from Duelo - I'd recognize that voice anywhere! He deserves a bigger role after suffering through Duelo.

It was fun to have Rod and Gavi back together even if for a sparring match. I'd love for them to team up secretly and hatch a nefarious plan to sc*ew everyone who has messed with them. Me gusta!

beckster - thanks also for the heads up on SOS. I'm not holding great hopes for it, but one never knows.
 

I think that Esa will tell Rod that she was giving a goodby to Francisco because he and Sophie will be leaving the country and Rod will believe that it was an affectionate move on her part. Also I saw Clarita play two other programs while this one is on. One was Duelo de Amor or something like that. It was on at 8:00 up till a few weeks ago. Clarita is the mother on another program as well. Last night I saw Francisco on another soap opera. It may have been on Amor sin limites. My question is: "how can they memorize so many lines.
 

Caray Beckster, your recap was so fun! It made my day, full of laughs, I won't even try to mention them all.

I'd like to see Frankie and Sanawaanna get together.

For someone who so desperately needed a job, Gavi sure doesn't seem to take it seriously. She insists that Avellanade(sp?) wait to hear her love story. She takes a long lunch with large doses of tequila. She calls the office to tell the bosses secretary she's got to take care of a few things, so maybe Gavi's boss will understand. Oh, I could keep going, but you know, it's all about Gavi...
jb
 

Beckster, you continue to make me laugh out loud! I loved the "con permiso" end of your recap. I noticed the whole now you see the poofy hair, now you don't on Rod too.

I've never been a big fan of Gavi, but I'm glad to have her and Rod back in contact again. I think James is around to eventually end up with Sofia. Both will have the requisite marriage from hell, and then live happily ever after together.
 

She shoots...she scores. Just when I think that you've reached the pinnacle of your greatness, you break your own record. You keep getting better and better, Where do you GET this stuff, Beckster??? Your mind must be a strange and wonderfully Byzantine place. I wish that I could reflect in length on each and every delicious tidbit I enjoyed, but , alas, it's late and there are way too many. I do have to mention just a few of the most delicious...''Clarita's ears perk up''...''Rod has again slipped the leash''...Rod's thought bubble of letting Gavi drink in the hopes of a chance to ''play island''...and my special favorite ''In real life, one or both of these people would be waking up 6 hours from now with a splitting headache and the waiter.'' You have outdone yourself once again , Beckster. Thanks for your unique vtewpoint and all the laughs. p.s. I, too, noticed ''poofy-haired '' Rod turn into ''sleeked back'' Rod. I chalked it up to him visiting the men's room on the way to the cafe and using a little water from the tap to tame those frizzies.
 

jb^^^I think that if Frankie and Sanwannawanna ever get together, they could kill each other. I'm just saying. And , Beckster, I forgot to mention your thought about Rod stepping over Isa and Frankie. I agree with you except for one small point...I really don't think that it would matter who was on top. Again...just saying.
 

That's the idea!! Who do you think would kill whom first???
jb
 

jb^^^I think thay Frankie would be one dead frog. Sanwanna is one crazy girl.
 

Thank you Thank you Thank you...I bow to the actual writers and actors who make these mock fests possible. If it wasn't for them, well I guess it would not be possible. Like tonite, Pam's father talking to Aaron, hello Aaron is a serial cheater...he won't stop, duh would you encourage a serial killer? DumbAss
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder