Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Destilando: Tuesday, 7/10: where everyone is impactado, even dona Pilar!

I couldn't catch the very beginning of the episode, but I believe it started with the following (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong):

Gavi is talking to Videgaray on the phone, and tells him to tell Rod she never wants to know anything of him or the Montalvo's ever again, and that Rod is a coward and played with her emotions. She mentions she never got her liquidation check, etc. She weeps as she tells mom: what does rod want from meeee!!

Meanwhile, at the Montalvo ranch, a depressed Rod thinks to himself: Gavi, I wanted to have a child with you, But the woman that's going to give me this child is Isa. Sofie walks in and tells Rod that they need to get going to the Airport... they leave.

Back at their hideout, Gavi and mom are wondering, who could have given away they address? Gavi: aha!! Margarita was the only one who knew. She gave me away maaa it was her! Clarita: el que se junta con lobos, a aullar se ensena...? Didnt understand this part too well, but I think basically it means that its Gavi's own fault for mingling with traitors. Phone rings, Gavi doesn't want to answer. On the other line, we got Videgaray, Margarita and Dani waiting for Gav to pick up. Margarita is worried about what Gavi might be thinking of her for giving away her secret. Vide and Dani talk about how they got Margarita in trouble and how Gavi is upset that she never got her liquidation check. They conclude that Aron separated them with lies. Dani is determined to fix this problem.

Montalvo corp: Aron and Onarte are talking about dirty work. Bruno interrupts, Onarte leaves. Bruno's basically upset about the divorce, because Minnie 'deserves respect'. Aron feels like he's treated like a little boy. Maybe he should stop acting like one?? Anyhoo... Aron would rather think about how Minnie will never give him a child and how Isa and Rod are expecting...[sniff sniff... I'm not gonna get my money dad!!! And I'm NOT being a baby!! sniff sniff...]

Meanwhile, Fedra the snake is feeding Minnie some hope. F: Aron needs time to reflect and is just bored of you for now Minnie. Minnie pouts.. Fedra tells her...no worries, this is normal dear! I had that too with Bruno...smiley smiley. Aron will come back. Maybe he'll change his mind later. Minnie: Really??? Do you think there's a chance??? F: No worries, there is another chance, that is, IF you love him...

We then see a shot of Dani and Videgaray, who are talking to Roman and looking for Rod. Vide wants to look for Gavi to clarify everything. Dani asks him to tell her that Rods love is strong and he'll see her in the evening to fix things up.

Back at Il Madrina hacienda, Granny is talking to Slimy Frankie about the De La Vega's fine last name. Frankie lies his way around to charm Pilar. As he finds himself increasingly uncomfortable with his nonsese, he wants to run away with the excuse of getting home before Sofie arrives. Pillie comments on how adorable he is. Ah, I love Pillie. She has such a fine, accurate eye for recognizing wonderful people. Hmm, this is the advantage that the years of experience provide us.

On the phone, Isa is talking to someone (Sofie?)...she's ready for Rod to beg her back!

Back at hacienda Montalvo: Dani comes home and talks to Pillie about THE SURPRISE. She tells Grannie "you''ll find out when my bro gets back". Just imagine Grannie's expression.

Frankie is driving Sofie and Rod back from the airport. Sofie: my lovey, did you miss me, or did you cheat on me?? (in spanish it rhymes, so it makes a cute teaser which is, of course, inappropriate to Fran). Fran charms his way around by saying how granny is so adorable. Fran comments on how granny wants to talk to them. Rod knows what its about... he's not looking forward to it.

Meanwhile, with creepy background music, Videgaray is at Gavi's building. He asks for her room. He finds out Gavi left this afternoon...hmmm...our seagull can fly pretty fast! Meanwhile, we see Gavi and mom unpacking boxes in their new apartment. Clarita: at least here its cheaper for us to live. Gavi cries; clarita tells her not to worry, but Gavi feels like all their efforts were worthless. Gavi: mom, I have such a sad feeling in my womb! And this is how the producers convince us that something bad is about to happen.

At Isa's place, Rodrigo walks in to talk to her. She...has her hair up...?? Ladies, you know when you were little and gave your barbie a bad haircut, and once you noticed it won't grow again, you decided to wrap it up so no one could notice? Now picture Isa. But even so, wow, thats refereshing for once. AND she's not wearing taupe... but she IS wearing an animal print dress. I guess we couldn't expect too much of a change at once. As Rod walks in, they zoom in the camera all at once on Rod's face like only Televisa can, and I marvel, they kind of do a lot of zooming in this telenovela, no? Anyhoo, this is also to warn us that something big is about to happen. Something worthy of a large popcorn with extra butter, and a soda. Hmmm...we know this is REALLY worthed when we see a commertial break. Ok maybe I'll get a pint of Ice Cream too.

Back at their appartment, Isa pretends to not want to talk. Isa: i'm the one intruding. Rod: I know you hate me. Isa: No...why hate you?? Because you didnt care for me all this time?? Or because you ilusioned me for no reason?? Sniff sniff... or because I was an idiot?? Noooo, I ADMIRE YOU... I never met someone with such cold blood to play such a dirty game. Rod: You are talking too much, let me say something. Isa: yeah yeah, I know you'll say you never lied to me, that I knew the rules of "no Hammana Hammana"...!! But you forgot ONE thing, that you married a woman with HOPE!!!! I thought you'd someday love me. And I fought for your love, way more than Gavi. WHYYYY porque PORQUEEE didnt you tell me about Gavi. Poor me poor me poor me...cry cry cry!!! She hits him, and screams hysterically... porque porqueeeee.... then realizes she shouldn't act too hysterically cuz she does need $$, I mean, Rod, more that anything else, so she composes herself. Rod with squinted guilty face: anything you do is little compared to what I have done. This love is costing me a lot!!

Meanwhile, at Il Padrina headquarters, Dani is impactada at how Gavi is gone, while Sofie and Slimy Frankie break the news that Rod is with Isa. Frankie says he has to go for some "business meeting". Dani is mad at how they're siding with Isa. She accuses them of crime, because they support Aron. Granny is, well, of course, impactada :)

Rod tells Isa how all he has left is sadness, resentment, and guilt. Isa plays victim, while rod yaps and yaps about how she's always been loyal (drama music playing). He tells her he has Gavi in his blood. That she's an obsession, and that's why he wanted her to come back with him and she rejected him because of his marriage. Isa: you cynic; you played a dirty game with me. Rod talks about how difficult it was for him to leave Isa with her patience and ehm, ehm, honesty. Ok, I'm getting mad... I cant see Isa playing the victim anymore... blah blah blah. Rod feels bad, Isa is mad. Rod wants to resolve everything and leave the bad stuff behind. He wants to retry their marriage for the baby's sake. Isa thinking: yeah Rod, thanks to my baby you came back to meeee....MUAHAHAHAAAA....

Back at Montalvena, Dani, Pillie and Sofie are STILL arguing about Rod and Gavi. Dani roots for the love between them and says she's ashamed to be part of this family. Sofie does the pout and says she's not an accomplice because theyre just accepting Aron's truth. Dani accuses them of inducing Aron to lie. She talks about the falsified signature, no liquidation money, no car. Why is it so hard for these people to believe Aron but not Dani? They must have the "Miranda Syndrome" from Heridas. But seems like after all Dani kind of convinces them a bit, cuz Granny says: if I knew this, I woulnd't have rooted for Aron.... I feel guilty... !

At the apartment, Isa says to Rod: my pregnancy was an accident....I I I didn't mean to.... Rod: no worries, I know. Rod wants to face the problem. Isa: what do you suggest? Rod: look at your pregnancy like a good thing!! Your dream will come true! The spanish guitar in the background actually makes me feel sad for both of them. But then, Isa: too BAD you didnt want him. Whats gonna happen when the baby is born?? I mean, the baby, you, us, [the $$]!! Rod wants to come visit. Isa wants more more MORE!! Isa conveniently suggest Rod forget about the baby and just send him money and pay his school if he doesnt want to come see him. Rod is upset. Isa tells him he's selfish...hihihi!!! She wants a stable home. Isa: You dont know how I felt about you coming here. I cannot take this anymore I ..I ...I...love you... I love you...!! Oh, just forget about us!! (dude, what is wrong with this woman). She kisses Rod, and runs away...to vomit?? I was shaking my head at the dreadful sight of the uttermost dry kiss between them, so I missed this part.

Meanwhile, at "Il Madrina" headquarters, Granny madrina breaks the news about Isa being pregnant. Dani, shocked, suggests Isa did it on purpose. Granny says nooo, Isa is IN-CA-PAZ (Incapable) of getting pregnant on purpose. Dani dishes Isa, Sofie defends her. Dani predicts what we already know: Rod will walk out of that apartment with a "soga atada al cuello" (= rope tied up to his neck).

Gavi and Clarita are setting up their house. Gavi fears that Aron will find her at the hotel colonial where he always goes with his...ehm, friends. Clarita suggests that Gavi go take a walk to calm down. Of course, we know this is an indication that something is about to happen.

Slimy Fran is in his car spying on someone. It's ...his mom dona Jose going: Panchito!! Panchita: Maaa! You're going to ruin my shirt darn it!! Dona JOse: Panchito you just havent written me!! Pancho: ma, I need money I just got back from Monaco and have none. Dona Jose gives him the money she has, happy just with the fact that she saw her beloved son, he takes it and leaves.

Meanwhile, at the apartment, Isa walks out of the restroom where she pretended to vomit, saying she wants Rod to forget about the baby. She ONLY wants him if Rod lives with them like husband and wife. Rod wants to try this again if she forgives him. Rod: I promise with your help and love I will forget about her...give me another chance. Isa: swear to me I can trust you again!! Rod swears, and they hug. Behind his back, Isa does the evil grin......

Slimy Frankie is driving his car and looks...sad?? He stops at the cantina and asks for a guy to fix his car while he goes in the cantina for a drink. He asks for Champagne.... the bartender says they dont serve champagne there and gives him tequila while Slimy cathes a view of his next victim in the cantina: Gavi...

At a restaurant, Aron and Fedra are talking about Minnie's hopes for their marriage. Aron whines and says he's "Harto!! Harto!!". He cant understand how he could've been with Minnie for so long. Pamela on the other hand is sweet and doesnt whine. She calms all the pains he's had with Minnie. Fedra: watch out what you're doing. I see you obsessed with having a child. Aron doubts that Isa's child is Rod's. Fedra is impactada.

Stay tuned!! This wednesday:
  • Acacia desperately asks James to kill Meliton-
  • Dani faces Aron
  • Frankie charms Gavi as he sings reggeaton.
  • Isa and Rod announce their baby at the montalvo ranch. Hilario is painfully shocked.

~~~~ Have a wonderful day! 8-) ~~~~

Labels:


Comments:
Excellent recap, Tash!

"El que se junta con lobos, a aullar se enseña" = "He who joins with wolves is taught to howl." I took it to mean that even innocent Margarita got turned to the "dark side."

Ehh! We knew this had to happen. However, I think this is going to make the confrontation with Aaron even more exciting, and I don't think Rod will be able to do the dastardly deed with his wife ever, no matter how hard he tries. At least I naively continue to hold out hope!
 

Is that similar to ''lie down with dogs, get up with fleas.''??? Thanks, Tash. Jardinera^^^I agree with you. I don't think Rod is going to be able to do the deed. He will incapacitado as he was with everyone before the Gav. I did not like seeing him hold Isa'a hand , hug, and kiss her. I especially did not like the evil smirk on Isa's face during the embrace...Rod's look was more like ''uh-oh, what am I going to do now?'' I hope that Dani keeps digging, but I am really disgusted with Gavi.I think Margarita is the one for Rodrigoooo. And Sanwannawannawanna could really straighten him out in a hurry , I think. Well, it looks like a trip to Babies R Us for Rodito and the little woman.
 

Videgaray gets points for the most inept phone transferral of information ever. He could have made three or four pertinent points in the time Gav gave him - and saved us several episodes!
 

Okokokay. Let's see a show of hands of whoever thinks Pilar is truly repentent for believing Aaron's lies about Mariana. Seems to me Aaron didn't get all his bad traits from Fedra's side. Sofia is still playing with the House against Dani and is ready to go double or nothing, I figure.
 

Thanks Tash for the recap. I agree with you regarding Pillie, such a fine judge of character she is......not!!!! I watch another telenovela on telemundo, and the senior matriarch of that novela is a really good judge of character. I guess though in her case, her family is really poor, so you have to be poor to recognize the difference. Any who, last nights episode was difficult for me to watch with Isa pouring on the guilt. Poor Rodrigo is too stupid for words! I was thinking of when Jardinera called him the "mental midget" Montalvo, and can think of many "M" words for him like misguided, mistrusting, moron, etc.,etc.,etc. I also don't think there is any way that Rod will be able to make love to Isa....it will be his turn to run into the bathroom and vomit!!!
 

It just goes to show you how far around the bend Minnie has gone, if she believes Aaron could be "bored" with her. Sick of her, yes - but not bored!

I wonder where this Frankie + Gavi thing is going. She doesn't have any money, but she does have pretty hair. Let's see if Frankie has more than one weakness. ;) (And does he live under a rock or what - asking for champagne at a neighborhood bar??)
 

I liked it I loved it...alas I want more of it...Great recap...
Now then I get the whole OH ISA is barrin the Varron, thing, but how come people keep saying it was an accident? (I mean we know what really happened..but this collection of AssHats..think it was the muttered "Artificial Insemination", therefore going to a doctor's office and letting him inseminate you with the "JizzWhiz" is not an accident.

Shout out to Dani...you gave it to the two hags..& I gotta admit Isa you played your role really well...you crushed Rod
 

Did anyone catch what Francisco said to Pilar about the de la Vega name? I thought he said that it was his great grandfather's name also. If so, did he mean it for real? Or is he just playing her?
 

I think that Frankie said the de la Vega that Pillie used to know was his great uncle (?) or some other relative.

Liked Isa's new look! It would be great if Rod got some experience with other women, like Margarita, but alas!
 

Frankie is full of it, remember, we saw him hit up his ma, who is a poor working woman who just happens to be Clarita's friend and neighbor, for money.
 

The rear view mirror shows a young man's dark eyes shifting nervously as he mutters a complaint on how long this is taking. A woman's thick stockinged legs and humble shoes are making a slow journey down the sidewalk toward the automobile. Is this going to be a mugging? Well, yes and no. Francisco alights and confronts the woman who is overwhelmed with joy. The man foresakes his rapid patter of speech, his eagerness to impress, and mutters somewhat haltingly, that he has just returned from Monte Carlo and is short of cash. The old woman opens her purse--what luck, she has just been paid for her work at the hotel--how much? All of it. Every cent. Mother is only too happy to hand it over. Throughout the exchange, Francisco is straight-faced, never once flashing the smile he lavishes on playmates, and on the other older woman, the elegant one he just left. He looks years older. Here the actor Jaime Camejo shows some range--and perhaps, by omission of mannerisms, conveys some shame at what he really is.
 

I guess by "accident" they mean "something that shouldn't have happened" as in "mistake." I was confused by that, too!

Frankie is a real piece of... well, let's just say he's a real piece of work. I wish he could have been in LFMB. Someone could have introduced him to Alicia, and they could have played each other for months before each realized the other was pesetaless. :)
 

Destilando cafe^^^great description of Frankie's meeting with his mamacita. Ihate him. I shouldn't throw the word ''hate'' around loosely , but I am encouraged to do so after a conversion last night with an old friend in which she told me that her cheating runaround ex just moved to Florida and bought a house on the water...''I hate Jerry,'' said she. In turn, I hate slimy Frankie/Pancho and his kind . [Yes, Jerry, I'm talking about Pancho ...and YOU.] We've all known a Pancho or two, I'm sure. And , did Isa really vomit or just pretend to vomit to evoke concern in Rod??? Also, I was unaware that one could get a ''sad feeling in the womb.'' Is that anything like ''I have a bad feeling in my gut about this ''????Also, I am glad AAron told Fedra that he doesn't think Isa's baby is the fruit of Rodrigooooo's loins. [Editor's note : I felt that the use of the trem ''loins'' necessitated the full name ''Rodrigoooo''] Hilario also looked muy impactado at the news that the stork will be paying a visit soon. I thought he might have been doing some quick mental calculations . So, who is going to reveal Isa's lie??? Also, I, too, do not see how someone could ''accidently'' be artifically inseminated ???? [''Ms. Smith, remember when you thought that you were having breast implants a few weeks ago??? Well, by ACCIDENT , we artificially inseminated you instead. Surprise !YOU ARE GOING TO BE A MOMMY!''
 

I thought that was a powerful sad moment in the show last night when Frankie took all the money from the hand of his mother..What a snake that guy is(even though it's a novela)..He stops by just long enough to take her hard earned money,and I'm sure in the real world many have experienced the same thing. Yes, his day is coming,and it can't be soon enough,but I feel he's going to be scaming "all" big time before it's over for him.

Does anyone feel Rod will catch onto this scam of this new babe being his in the very near future? I believe they will run this charade until almost the end to torture the viewers..Like Susanlynn, I didn't like him holding that TWB's hand..I couldn'twatch it I was so mad..Tonight is the embrace and a kiss between the two..Say it's not so that Rod will remain totally clueless until the final episode..?
 

Oh, agreed on Jaime Camejo, Destilando Cafe. As an actor, he is getting a ton of mileage out of this role. He also gives the most nuanced performance of anyone on the cast. When anyone else frowns, winces, or whatever at a moment when it doesn't seem to make sense (and they're not in a close-up), I just write it off as that the actor's stomach is growling from hunger, or they're thinking about something at home, or whatever. When Frankie makes any kind of a face, though, I know it means something. Even if it's not a close-up. Very impressive. he should be doing movies.
 

Thanks Tash, right Carmen, there are lots of M words for Rod. TWB really laid it on thick and Rod just lost the 1/2 oz. of manhood he had left.

Gavi continues to regress right back to the field days. It looks like she's going to talk to the Frog! She's lost it all too.

Frankie should suffer a lot for how he treated his mother.

Loved Dani...
jb
 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that in the beginning of Destilando Amor that Rodrigo was attending graduate school. Wouldn't that make him at the time, if he started at around 18, at least 24 when he graduated. And supposedly this romance with Gavi has been on and off for the last 3 years, so that would make him at least 27???? Also I think that Margarita and Hilario would make an awesome pair, any takers?????
 

Sorry Carmella, I typed Carmen instead of Carmella. Right again...Rod's no spring chicken. He's in fast retrograde also...
jb
 

I hope Dani and Vide will talk to
Rod and will find out that Aaron lies was the caused of thier separation with Gavi.
 

Susalynn, you're right, I think Gavi meant 'sad feeling in the guts'. In my rush to catch every word, I translated it direclty but I believe the practical translation would be guts :)

carmella, i like the idea of Hilario and margarita!!
 

Carmella: again you make a very good observation and one that my hubby and I have had to overcome, nay, IGNORE! That being that the casting department c/should have found younger, more believable actors to play the leads. Of course, like beckster remarked I think somewhere along the line, it makes it that much more fun to throw mud at 'cuz a 40 something guy with a 14 year old's attitude toward life and love and things of a SEX-ual nature written into a Mexican version of a Columbian telenovela is basically ROFLOL FUNNY!! I mean, REALLY Mundo de Fiera's Gabe-head-up-your-rear-orifice-bass-ackwards-walking STRANGE if not totally incredible (as in UNBELIEVABLE!!)

BUT I/we love the show because, all that aside, the basic plotline is mesmerizing. Don't ask me why. It just is.
 

Desti: I vote for you to help with Thursday recaps. Your impressions of that scene between Frankie and Jose were like something out of a Micky Spillane (sp??) novel.
 

I hope that Dani tonight tells Rod that aaron lied about everything. Then Rod will be upset and try to find gavi and then esa (as before) will be so frustrated for falling for his bull and of just being the rebound everytime he thinks gavi doesn't love him. In La Fea, Fern did this as well. When he could not find Lety and was unsure of their future, he went back to Marcia. Neither man just goes on with his life. He has to jump in bed with the xgirlfriend. When Rod is near esa, I close my eyes and ears until it is the next scene. this is too intense for me.
Ret
 

I would suggest that when a character [like crazzzzy Minervaaa or Isa or AAron ] are told to ''Calmate''...they are directed to this meditation site and enter one of the ''rooms'' to take five and meditate a bit : lime.com/meditation_room. Or it might be useful to us fans who need to calm down after watching a harrowing episode full of asshats.
 

Arrrrrrgh! Rod! what are you doing, you fool? Great recap!

I am worried that evil Aaron will kill Dani or something. He definitely is capable of doing something to keep her from talking! Hope not!
 

I wonder if this telenovela will follow the book - Cafe, con aroma de mujer. The library book finally arrived - a small paperback of about 265 pages.

I hope that the copies at Amazon are in better condition to warrant the $95 asking price! My Spanish isn't that great but I manage to get the gist by scanning it. I went to the part where the codicil to the will is read to find out where Gavi comes from. I also read the last few chapters :).

Some of the name changes really crack one up. James is Arthur - sometimes Sir Arthur. Sofie is Paula and of course Rodrigo is Sebastian. Well I won't divulge any of the next chapters.
 

I'm so curious about that codicil, but I guess we're at least a year out in telenovela time. So it will remain to be seen!

I wonder if Vide will be harmed in any way for his role in exposing Aaron? I've started to worry for him.
 

the will...I've lost track, aren't we coming up on the 2nd year of marriage for the lovely Isa & Rod?

Cause I think one year ago Rod was sitting around crying cause Gavi didn't make it back..& then he went to DF & it was Isa's & his anniversary, so we are coming up on year 2...So when do they read the rest of the will? Is it three years or four?
 

When I was watching this episode I was actually sick to my stomach! I was so disgusted that Isa was getting away with so much. I love this novela but GAWD...
 

It is 5 wks since Isa's little excursion with Francisco of the vague ancestry. At that time it was mentioned in the script to be almost 3 years since the funeral and Gavi and Rod's "meeting & mating." At that point I posted it would be 15 months in novelaland time til the reading of the codicil. ? >8 ? )
 

Lynne:

Aw, that's like eating the filling out of your Oreo's and leaving the two cookies!! :?)

How in the world did you ever find a copy of that book? The state libraries in California didn't have a single free copy to loan out to your local branch?
 

Jardinera - indeed - prefer the filling :). Actually I live in Birmingham, Michigan. So I went to my library and they did a search for the book. There were none in Michigan but many in California. The book I got came from somewhere in Indiana - I think.

I'm actually quite impressed with the process. They had a whole shelf full of books from other libraries that people had requested. I thought that libraries went out with the Internet and stores like Amazon and Borders. This will save me a ton of money. I'll have to investigate getting language books.
 

Lynne:

You have revived my faith in books and mortar libraries! So, would you care to give us the exact info (title, publisher, date of publishing, no. of pages, author's full name and anything else pertinent, blah, blah) so that we could also initiate a book search and loan from a library near us possibly?
Ooh, This is exciting!
 

Yes, libraries they are a-changing , but interlibrary loans are still a glorious thing. The college librarian told me that when students are researching for speeches and research papers these days, they don't want the REAL BOOKS on the shelves. They want to access everything online. Yesterday, I took my ESL speaking class to the college library to prepare them for doing research for their upcoming speeches. It's amazing the resources that they can access online through our library . It really is a different world. ^^^Susanlynn, an ex senior high school reference slightly technophobic librarian who will never go back to that job
 

Not in reference specifically to the Cafe book, but in reference to out-of-print books in general: They usually cost more on Amazon than what you'd find on eBay or sometimes alibris. Especially if you are only wanting to read the book, and don't care too much about "collectibility" (being in pristine condition).

Just a tip.
 

Wait, I'm confused. I think it's pretty clear that this baby isn't Rod's, but why is Rod going along with the whole thing? Has he ever been with Isa?

Esther
 

Esther, have you been following the recaps? "No puede ser, artificial insemination."
 

Sorry, Esther, didn't mean for that to sound so snarky. It's just that they've been talking about the artificial insemination for so long, and she even got the doctor to agree to pretend that he'd done the procedure.
 

Don't under estimate the power and the "snoop" ability of our Dani-the only sane one of this dysfunctional bunch. She smells a rat big time,and will not stop until she finds out about the lies Aaron told Gavi & Rod,and everyone else..Daniella wants her brother to be with Gaviota,and will eventually put two and two together..I have no doubt..

The four bitches, Isa,Sofia,Minnie,& Fedra,along with el diablos,Aaron & Frankie will fall like a ton of bricks some time(some sooner than others) in this novela.Something tells me that Isadora and even Minnie will meet a tragic demise..Aaron is not above murdering Minnie to shut her up,as she knows about the "scam" they're running..Minnie embarazada? Not going to happen,I feel..I can't watch the scene tonight of clueless Rod liplocking with Isadora,and announcing to the la familia at la hacienda that Isadora is embarazada..Yuck..
 

I agree with you export red. Dani's got it going on, and with her extensive dance training background, I bet she can kick some serious butt......Aaron better watch his back!
 

Yeah, I'm more worried about Videgaray at this point. While I don't put anything past Aaron, I think he'd be more likely to go after Videgaray than Daniela, simply because Videgaray has more expertise and credibility due to his age and experience. Dani, being young and female, is more likely to be disregarded by the family.

I'm also worried about Elvis, for no particular reason. He's got "innocent, beloved character caught in the crossfire" written all over him. So does Lluvia... if she and Patricio ever come back into the story!
 

So , who's going to be running to the bathroom to vomit in this episode??? In the previews , it looked like it might be Hilario. He definitely had that ''deer caught in the headlights '' look on his face. Or, it might be me when Isa gets Rod in a liplock. In the immortal words of our beloved Beckster, Little Cowgirl Isa is looking to rope and ride the Mexican Stallion. She wants to seal the deal. Let's see how successful she'll be with those plans for our noble hero.
 

Elvis will be right there beside Dani as she is on a mission to put this all together a little at a time..Vide? Yes, he best watch his back..

I don't put it past Sanwanna (Hilario's tramp of a girlfriend) going after Isadora..She has a jealous streak a mile long..Well, a temporary cease fire here with Rod acting like a moron thinking Issy's baby is his won't last..Issy wants the hacienda in the big divorce settlement,and she'll get it.She doesn't love Rod,it's about holding on to the name & Montalvo money that really interests her.
 

Did anyone see destilando Wednesday??
 

There was no destilando wednesday - soccer instead.
 

For those who are interested the title of the book that I got from the library is: "Cafe Con Aroma De Mujer" by Fernando Gaitán
ISBN : 8440672187. It has 267 pages.

The edition that I have was printed in Spain by Litografia Rosés. I found an interesting website on them http://www.litografiaroses.com/. They seem to be based in Barcelona. What things I have learnt through this website. Thanks to all who recap and comment.

In his forward Fernando Gaitán says that he was approached in 1990 by RCN TV - guess Columbia - to write a book based on the economy of the region. His research took him from the people who worked in the field, their music and culture to the city to the Federación Nacional de Cafeteros. This gets us to another website: Federación Nacional de Cafeteros - http://www.cafedecolombia.com/.
He seems to be a screen/movie/novella writer or whatever he calls himself. He also wrote "Yo soy Betty" which was the basis for "La Fea Mas Bella"? So he seems to be extremely successful. He mentions in his forward that the screen version changed from the original. With my limited exposure to telenovelas, it seems as if the two main characters have to marry in the end. This series seems to be hugely successful like "La Fea" so I suppose that it may actually have additional material added.


Incidentally I'm a real techie - work in IT as a mainframe DBA. However, I find it boring as companies want one to stick to one's field of expertise - which I find boring. So I amuse myself by learning languages. Now one day when I retire ....

Incidentally Susanlynn, I always type a lengthy note into WordPad or some other wordprocessing tool and then do a cut and paste so that I won't lose it.
 

I'm guessing we're about half way through the novela, so I'm starting to wonder who will live and who will die, who will go down in flames, and who will be redeemed.

Key characters for plot development:
Dani: the sleuth
Frankie: slept with many, knows Isa's secrets
SanJuana: notices a lot, jealous
Minnie: knows Aaron's secrets
Pamela: knows Aaron's secrets
Isa: slept with several, secrets of her own
Clarita/Roman: know the secrets from the past

Characters in limbo/minor characters:
Patricio
Elvis
Lluvia

Characters who may be in danger:
Vigegarray
Gaviota (if only temporarily)
Rodrigo (of losing remaining brain cells)
James (of riling up the macho locals)

Redeemable (iffy):
Isa
SanJuana
Acacia
Frankie

Going down in flames:
Aaron
Onate
Meliton
Elvira?
 

Lynne^^^Your post was very interesting. I am technophobic. I only know enough to email and find sites like this one and surf a little. My hubby and daughters are all very good with technology. They are my tech support. Hub feeds my grades into the computer using a program my computerprogrammer daughter designed for me. I have never liked machines...never learned to type. I should have caught the tech wave when it first started to swell, but I didn't...now I feel it's too late for me. Susana^^^That was a great list of characters and their status.
 

Good list Susana, but at this point I'd hsve to slide TWB into the going down in flames list...
jb
 

I bet at the end Gavi & Rod will end up raising the Frankie Spawn..jest guessing but it usually happens that way...at least in this case looks like no baby switch.

I think Meliton will die, maybe Bruno cause the knowledge of evil Aaron will break him..good chance Isa's dumb ass father will die, maybe Frankie's Ma (these characters..die to show how evil the kids are) I don't think they will be murdered just die to make a point...I do think Videgaray may die...
 

In agreement about Meliton getting his "just reward",but I feel he's not the only one..Isadora will get "it"..It's the only end that would make sense..Her enemies list is growing fast..Never thought that Rod & Gavi would get the new baby(after all the Montalvo name goes on birth certificate),but that makes sense,as Frankie will probably get involved in unsavory dealings on a large scale and be bumped off.

Minnie will may end up at "funny farm"..She's close to being there already.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder