Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Destilando-- Tuesday July 24

We start with Maria Jose and Clarita, who are cursing Rod. Clarita says Rod better not show up anywhere around here!

Gavi goes to see Sr Molineros (her boss); he talks about how she didn't sell much. She talks about how they stole the encyclopedia from her and she needs another one. He decides he's going to deduct the cost of the encyclopedia from her pay....she's shocked. He's going to pay her only 200 pesos (that's $18.56 to be exact) for the whole month of work...! She's pissed that for a month of such hard work that's all she''ll earn. Geez, I don't blame her. But in a typical Gavi moment, she fills herself with pride and doesn't take the money. To myself I am wondering how many tacos I can buy at Taco bell on taco-tuesday for $18.56 ...50?? 60?? Instead, she decides her and ma can go a couple of days without food; she throws some documents at his face, insults him, and then leaves. He calls her 'imbecil'.

In Mexico city, at the hospital Rod and Isa arrive to see tio Bruno. Isa sees Frankie who briefly says hhhhi. Patricio and Fedra say Bruno is in intensive care but will get better, and is only asking about Rod and thinks he's going to die. Fedra makes me chuckle as she says that they cannot tell Bruno he cannot work, because that's like telling him to die.

Patricio wants to call Minnie; Bruno is like a dad to her. Fedra complains about Minnie going to the Greek Isles on a singles cruise. That's right, only Aron is allowed to boink other people.

In her room, Minnie's phone rings as she lays depressed in bed and doesn't answer.

At the hospital, Bruno tells Rod he's going to die. Rod says Bruno will get better. Bruno says no, he'll die anytime with all the problems he has at work. But it depends on Rod. He asks Rod to return to the corporativo. Rod tells him he will return to work and recover everything they lost. Bruno: thanks hijo.

Gavi is walking on the streets of Mexico city, feeling bad for wasting a month of her life walking endlessly and going door to door to sell encyclopedias for no money. She realizes her chances of getting a job are slim considering her bad reputation. But she will not let herself be defeated by the Montalvo family. She decides she will move on regardless.

Sofie and Isa are talking. Isa complains about how Sofie and Rod care too much and treat her like she's sick. Franke slimes his way with dona Pilar, taking her to the cafeteria. Isa notices Pillie is weird with her. Sofia assures her Pillie's got nothing against her and is just sad about Bruno. Isa believes this; I assume it's because bitter is Pillie's natural facial expression.

Rod comes out of the room, saying Bruno wants him back at work. Isa asks what they agreed on. Rod tells Isa he's sorry, but they're stayin in Mexico City. Isa squinches her face in disagreement; she's starting to accept that princesa doesn't always get it her way with the Montalvo family.

Gavi goes to look for ingeniero Avellaneda for help. She plans on telling him the truth of what happened. Meanwhile, Avellaneda is on the phone hearing the news about Bruno. He's talking to 2 men about agave plagues that have been reported at some hacienda. His secretary walks in and tells him Mariana Franco is waiting for him. He refuses to see her, and proceeds to resolve the agave plague issues. Mariana is shocked that he won't see her. She needs to see him and will wait for him, and proceeds to sit down next to an agave plant. She waits, and waits....and waits. Lo and behold, Avellaneda walks out. She asks him for 2 minutes of his time. Gavi: I'm sure they told you horrible things about me and I want to clear out these issues. He asks the secretary to tell the taxi to wait for him, and they go in his office. Gavi: I want a reunion where I confront the Montalvo family, and I want them to tell me in my face what I have done, especially the parasite called Rod Montalvo. Avellaneda doesn't want issues with the Montalvo's. Mariana: with all due respect senor, you'll have to do it for 3 reasons: 1) I don't want u to have a bad image of me 2) the Montalvo family treated me very unfairly. They just cannot treat people like that. 3) I want to work with you. We now hear dramatic music as the screen image zooms out into a commercial... I don't understand, why is it so bad if she wants to work with him?

Back from commercials.... Avellaneda: WHA??? work with you?? Mar: Of course, that family closed all doors on me and I have tried to work but without agave's I cannot make it. Agave's are my world. Imagine all I learned at Montalvo corp; I cannot just throw that away. Avellaneda: I cannot just hire you in one day. Mar: I'll do everything you want! I'll be the reportera, limpiadora...etc etc. Avellaneda: it's simple, to work here you need references and you don't have them. Mariana: that's why I want you to get that family together and when you find out they lied, my name will be cleaned in front of you. Avellaneda: well, now I can't think straight, Bruno just got a heart attack. He leaves, leaving Mariana shocked.

Patricio goes to find Minnie at her house. He tells her tio Bruno wants to see her because he got a heart attack. She starts crying. He tells her Bruno feels he will die and needs her. Minnie: I want to see Bruno but I do not want to see Aron. Pat: Aron should be back tomorrow. You might not see him but if you do I will accompany you if you want.

Back at the hacienda: Roman's wife is praying for don Bruno. Roman arrives with no news about Bruno, saying 'no news is good news'. Sanwannabanana is dressed up and wondering how long Mr James will be married since she wants to try her luck with him. Ofelia is mad at her. Sanwanna tells Ofelia that Acacia's sanity won't last long.

Mr James is carrying Aacacia into the house while they both laugh. They just got married; and she's wearing a long white dress. It's refreshing to see Acacia laughing so loud! James tells her he is her fervent admiror, unconditional friend, and lover/ husband. They kiss. He tells her he loves her. Acacia says she loves him mucho mucho mucho. They playfully start going to the bedroom, but we get some freaky music and Acacia suddenly sees her uncle's ghost/image pass behind James into the bedroom. Ah!! I'm getting the chills...what the heck...I'm so disgusted by Meliton I cant bare to see him again. That was freaky....anyhoo. She screams and cries and tells James her uncle just came back and is going into the room. She pulls out a rifle as they go into what used to be Meliton's room, James holding the rifle a la ghostbuster...but they can't find Meliton. Acacia swears she saw him enter and starts crying. James suggests they pack up and leave. She says she's NOT leaving; this is her place. James says its better if they move; when he's at work she'll be home all day with these memories. Acacia: I can't go Meestir Jaaames!! When my aunt died she told me this is mine and made me swear I won't leave...I have to fulfill my promise!

At night in Mexico city...Clarita is wondering where her Gaviotita is. She says by now, Gaviota should have her "Tripas pegadas al espinazo".. ..LOL... I guess this means she must be tired. Meanwhile Gavi is talking to the Virgencita de Guadalupe and asks her for help with ingeniero Avellaneda. She noticed he's lost faith in her, "but Virgencita, don't you think it's time for them to stop throwing sand at me??"

At the hospital, Minnie goes to see Bruno. She arrives with her new BFF, Patricio. Hmm...Patricio is always with Minnie and these 2 are having lots of scenes lately...makes me wonder, does this mean Patricio will leave Lluvia and he'll end up with Minnie?? Anyhoo, they talk about Sofie and Fran Slimer.... in the next scene, we see Fran and Sofie kissing passionately at home....they start making love.

At the hospital: Fedra is nagging Bruno about not working and getting better. Bruno wants to go to NY; he wants to leave everything ready before he dies. He rejoices as he sees Minnie outside the glass window waving at him. Fedra walks outside and greets Minnie. She looks her up and down and murmurs how the...cruise....has...done...her...good. I guess this means Minnie looks better. Minnie takes advantage of the moment to tell Fedra how she had fun on 'the cruise'. Minnie walks into the hospital room. Bruno calls her hija and she asks him to get better. Minnie:I'm here to tell you that you cant leave us, we need you!

Outside: Aron arives with rubberlips. Pillie is mad to see Pamela. Pillie: Now you live with her! A: Si abuela, and we'll get married soon. Pillie: take this woman out! I don't want her here! Aron turns around to look at a worried Pamela. That seems to be the only expression she has lately. Pillie doesn't want to make Minnie feel bad. I think beyond that, Bruno might get another heart attack if he even glances at Pam's hair...it's too bright for a sick person to handle. Pamela leaves. Fedra takes advantage to tell Aron Minnie looks great. Patricio complains to Aron about Pam...he reads my mind as he suggests Bruno might have another heart attack if he sees her.

Next scene, we find Minnie sitting down with Pillie and Patricio while Aron watches them talk. The conversation goes something like this.... Minnie: yeah abuela, I, uh, had a lot of fun on the cruise!! Oh...and..and i'm...hmmm....going to Jamaica...soon!! Yeah, I had a lot of fun in Greece...yup...uh-huh. Ok, gotta go...bye!!" She gets up and says bye to Pillie and Patricio. I rejoice as she passes bye Aron without saying goodbye; Aron tries to stop her but it's too late. He looks frustrated...like a boy who's toy got taken away from him. Sorry little piggy, you may join the frustrated wanton club of Isadora: nope, we don't always get what we want.

In the parking lot of montalvo corp, Avellaneda sees Rod and tells him that he wants to talk to him about Mariana Franco. They go for a coffee.

Gavi finally gets home. She tells Clarita she left her work. Clarita is upset; Gavi tells her mom what happened.

Avellaneda tells Rod all the things that Fedra and Minnie have done to Gavi and the things they've said about her. Rod says Gavi wouldn't steal money. Avellaneda tells him how Gavi wants to get the family together to get her name cleaned. Rod tells him to tell her that he already spoke to his family. Avellaneda asks Rod if he would recommend Gavi, since she asked him to employ her. Avellaneda thinks that Mariana's work at montalvo corp was extraordinary. He feels she has the qualities to work at a good company, but one of their requirements is to have a recommendation letter from the company where she worked. Rod opens up to him about her. Rod: I was in love with Mariana Franco. But she was a dishonest person. Avellaneda: too bad, she's having a hard time getting a job. Rod: maybe she deserves it. Avellaneda: well she's going through a rough time. Rod: maybe my cousin can give you that letter, cuz I never will.

Aron and Bruno are talking at the hospital. Aron is offended about the way his dad is approaching him: when I have a chance dad, I will pay back for those losses, hopefully this way you'll change your thoughts of me.

Clarita and Gavi are arguing. Clarita is pissed about the situation. Gavi: but ma anyway we spent half of our lives being poor! Clarita wants to go back and work at the fields. Gavi tells her about her chat with Avellaneda. She doesn't have much hope. Gavi doens't want to leave without getting back at the Montalvo's: it's not vengeance ma...It's justice!!!

Tomorrow:

- Dani tells Rod the truth about what the family did to Gaviota.

- Clarita wants Gavi to talk to Avellaneda
- Isa is talking to Fran in the hallway...the elevator in front of them opens...it's Rod.

~~~~ Have a lindo dia! :D ~~~~

Labels:


Comments:
Aaaaaaaaaarrrrgh!!! I was hoping that somehow, I misunderstood all I heard last night, and that Rodrigo didn't say what I thought he said... I'm really hatin' him today. It NEVER crosses his mind that if Gaviota were the whore he thinks she is, she wouldn't go around begging for a tequila job and references??

I guess he hasn't learned his lesson yet. I'll cheer for him when he finally gives me a reason to. Whatever bad things happen to him next - and I'm sure there will be many - I guess those will be what it takes to get him to see the light. I won't hold my breath.
 

Thanks, Tash. That does it...after Rod's meeting with that guy where he was so mean about Gavi, even I, his most devoted Rangerette, cannot tolerate Rod anymore. His broad shoulders no longer make up for this final stupidity and callousness. No matter what he thinks Gavi did, if he really loved her , he could forgive and forget or, at the very least, show a little compassion. That's what a really big man would do. Rod, I am muy disappointed in you , Buckaroo. A big heart is more important than big shoulders.... but it's nice if you can find a guy with both . ^^^Susanlynn, feeling that the bubble has finally burst
 

I'm not 100% thrilled with Gavi either. What is it with refusing to take money that is owed to her? First the Montalvocorp. severance, and now her La Mancha paycheck? That's a very bad habit!

In both cases, that money wasn't charity - it was money that she had earned. And yet, she DID accept that 10-peso coin that the record company gave her... she could have thrown that at his car as it drove away, if she'd wanted to.

So I guess she'll take money in exchange for her pride, but not in exchange for hard work?? It makes no sense! O the stupid, it burns!
 

Thanks for the recap Tash. I was also hoping that Rodrigo didn't say what I thought he did, but I was wrong. That Rodrigo would see gavi hungry is a great disappointment, and goes to show you that he doesn't have a full handle on what love really is. I guess it will be quite a while before his lightbulb moment comes.
Julie, I agree with you to a point about Gavi not taking money she rightfully earned, but I also understand that she probably feels wronged by these people she has developed a relationship with. It's very disheartening when people know you, and who are witness to your efforts, still don't appreciate the honest, hardworking person you undoubtedly try to portray. Gavi's character is supposed to be a youngster who also still has a lot of lessons to learn......
 

Thanks for the recap Tash. Your "frustrated wanton club" comment was great. People keep coming up with hilarious comments about the baddies.

I agree with all of you about Rod. I just knew he wasn't being a weenie then I read the recap - imbecile, idiot, etc. Now he must suffer for his stupidity.

I think one of the reasons Isa/TWB thinks Pilar is mad is because Pilar is. Remember Pilar knows TWB was demanding a lot of money for her divorce and then suddenly turns up pregnant. (Unlike the dunce Sophie, Pilar didn't seem to buy the whole, it was an accident. As if AI can be accidental.) Since Pilar gets it right so few times, her comment that if TWB wanted to rescue her marriage, she should not have gotten pregnant against Rod's wishes was actually correct. Pilar was also a bit of fun with Aaron as well. I can't see why the family does not want to cross her -- hee, hee.

Karen
 

Oh Rubberlips, nice way to endear yourself to a family in a hospital: show up in a low-cut cocktail dress. Imbecil. Aaron grabbing for Minerva unsuccessfully as she sails past, heh. Rod = all his frustrated sexual energy transmuted into stupid, stubborn meanness. Blegh.
 

Well what can you say? Misery loves company and everyone looked pretty miserable...well except Frankie who was gettin some even though it was with Sofie. Fedra & Minnie looked like they were enjoying things...Welcome to the family Pammy.

Poor Pammy, Aaron is already bored with her.
 

Yeah, this time I must admit rod did something really stupid. I haven't been following fervently every day so I don't know what else was said to Rod. I do remember though, that yesterday he told Avellaneda that he could give him good references about Gavi as a professional. Then avellaneda said he also needs personal references. That's when Rod told him the story of how he was in love with Gavi and she betrayed him, so he couldn't give personal references about her.

in any case, they're all a bunch of dodo-brains. thank goodness for Dani...she brings the twists into the story! Tonight might be a great episode...I'm looking fwd to seeing Rod's face of shock...dum dum duuuuum.
 

Final chapters running in Mexico. Julie is so correct..What the hell is Rodrigo thinking or not thinking. Dani will get his clueless butt in gear,hopefully tonight,..What a case of the dumbass is our guy Rod. I hope she finds someone else.Gavi has her issues as well with the don't trust factor,but Rod is worse than she,hanging onto that harlot Isadora,if she were some kinda prize..

Gavi will rise again with or without Rodrigo.She's been to the bottom. She's on her way up now.

Pammy is out of there--history very soon.
 

Is it just me or have novelas lately turned up the stupid factor on the galans. In the old days they were always a little stupid and were easily manipulated by the antaqgonista but now they seem to have taken dumb to new levels. The poor girls have always been on the dumb side or overly feisty but at least you saw some grain of sense from the men but no more. Sometimes Rod looks so stupid I want to hit him and wonder why on earth Gavi would even bother with him.

Johanna
 

Barb said: I may be wrong but wasn't Mister James Fernando's guitar-playing friend in LFMB? He spoke great Spanish then.
OH MY GOODNESS. I never made the connection, Barb. Thanks so much. Of course his Spanish was totally normal in LFMB. In fact, I actually liked that guitar-playing friend but MEESTER JAMES is driving me a nuts. He might as well have a little muñeca to play with and practice his heavily accented Spanish and his exaggerated-to-death comforting on her.
Oh well, I'll try to be more tolerant, but this is my only place to vent about these characters!
 

And.....Can anyone comment on whether in the REAL present-day Mexico someone could possibly get up on a platform in a supermarket and talk about encyclopedias (and culture ad nauseum). I mean, that seems so out of line for 2007--at least in developed nations. This supermarket is, after all, in Mexico City, not in some rural area of the south.
 

Yes, Mr. James was Barefoot Bongo-Boy Eduardo in LFMB. He is (or was) dating, engaged to, or married to the chick who played Marcia. Which is pretty cute given that they were supposed to hate each other on the show. :-)
 

Lo siento Susanlynn, you were such a devoted Rangerette, Rod doesn't deserve it. He doesn't know how to love, or what it even means.

Gavi's suppose to be how old? Her stubborn pride is only punishing herself...
jb
 

about her age......Although in real life, Rod is around 40 or close to it, in this show, she appears too old to be with him. I don't exactly what it is about her face--can't quite say why since she doesn't have any wrinkles and is quite pretty. Probably you guys have dicussed this previously but I have not been on blog that long or too regularly. So any comments?
 

Great recap! Loved the comment about rubberlip's hair being too bright for Bruno to stand!

Yep, Rod and Gavi are made for each other! But right now Rod is having some "duuuuhhhh" moments!
 

Thanks lots, Tash! Rod really fits the spoiled, obnoxious, "let them eat cake" elitist stereotype and last night my jaw dropped when he refused to give Gavi back her meal ticket with a decent reference. Like my hubby says, the guy has never been hungry, cold or shoeless a day in his pampered life, so what would he really know of compassion, let alone love?

I hope at this point Gavi meets somebody else that takes her away from him permanently and that he cringes from now til he meets his maker, that's a whole lifetime, not quite the 100 years that Gavi's talked about, but close enough for horseshoes.
 

Dear anon. 4:24 pm -- About the age thing, we have all griped about the casting dept. at Uni for taking late 30 something and late 40 something actors to play these roles because the characters are supposed to be in their early to mid 20's when they meet. However, these two have a decent chemistry and are big box-office draws so rather than use younger talent, they went for the easy money. Makes for some really goofy-looking, overacting of sorts on AR and especially EY's parts at times.
 

It seems the tequila makers in Mexico in the near future will be making tequila from corn instead of the agave(for real)..Does this mean our girl Gavi will be singing the Gaviota song from the cornfields? Stay tuned..

I'm not cheering for Rodrigo either.The scene last night of him not giving her a reference of her job performance at Montalvos,making it personal and all about his feelings,makes me hope that just around the corner is a man who will appreciate her. I can only hope she can find love with someone else..PS: Agreement with she should have taken the money.
 

About the selling thing...people are hawking stuff everywhere in Mexico City & they fold up & move if they don't have a license..I mean everywhere...granted I don't imagine they could do it in a WalMart down there, but that was no WalMart...

About Rod being mad...well I can see it..I mean I guess Gavi probably would not recommend him as boss of the year either...

It is not so much that he thinks she screwed aaron, but she used and dumped Rod with no word after he bought her the island etc...he just thinks she disappeared.
 

Also about the age thing. The only characters that look young enough for their roles are Dani, Hilario, Acacia, Elvis and Margarita. I don't think Francisco is that old, but somehow he looks it. I do agree that Gavi and Rod have good chemistry, and even though Rod acts like a child, he definitely looks to be in the 30 something ballpark. Minerva looks 40 something, and Isa and Sofia don't look far behind. Maybe Dani and Hilario could have portrayed a decent more believable Rod and Gaviota.
 

...or margarita and hilario :)
 

A reminder: I consider gossip about our actors' private lives to be SPOILERS and I remove it. Speculate away - castigate the characters they play - but no gossip, confirmed or otherwise, about husbands and wives and love affairs etc. of their real, private lives. There are plenty of other places to post such information. Thank you.
 

Lo Siento Mucho Melinama....Didn't mean to castigate or change opinions of our beloved characters based on their real lives......
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder