Friday, August 10, 2007

August 9, 2007 Juan Q. Where the chickens have come home to roost and Juan just, might, perhaps with a lot of begging, could keep his job.

Maricruz is again graciously substituting for Sylvia, and I am posting on her behalf.

We open with Pastor humiliating Juan and telling him that he (Juan) was mistaken, that Pastor has really good taste and Juan is not his type. Juan is happy that everything has been clarified and tries to leave, but Pastor stops him and tells him that since Juan doesn’t like the way things are done at work, then he should leave the company.

In Paula’s office
Marely and Paula are talking about Juan and how Paula thinks that Juan likes Marely, perhaps Marely likes Juan too? She wonders. Marely smiles playfully and says that maybe, but she can’t go out with Juan because he is gay, Paula doesn’t believe that this is true, she says that Juan has shown that he is a real man, and maybe he is going out with Pastor becausehe has been forced. Marely says that that is not the only reason she can’t go out with Juan, she also knows that Juan is a liar, and she doesn’t like it. Paula says that Juan lied because he wanted to impress Marely, and this is the proof that he is not gay and that he loves her (let me see if I understand, if somebody lies to you that shows that they really love you? No wonder she is convinced that CL loves her). Paula – Do you love him? Marely – All I can say is that he makes me uneasy. Paula – Do not let him go he is a good man.

At the office of human resources

Juan is furious and yells at Pastor that what he is doing is not fair, and is against the workers rights (you tell him Juan) Pastor tells him that since Juan was in his probationary period, he doesn’t have any rights yet. Pastor explains to Juan that the probationary period is like courtship, a time to get to know each other before marriage. Pastor – Do I make myself clear? Juan – You can’t fire me. Pastor –Why not, is clear that you are not happy with us and I just found out we are not happy with you, thus our relationship ends our “work” relationship, I don’t want you to misunderstand what I’m saying. Is everything clear? Juan – Everything is as clear as water from a well I’m glad that finally we understand each other and now if you excuse me. Juan exits and thought bubbles – Not even in the smile from my little rose I could find comfort, I was thinking in all the contours and outlines. That sinverguenza (Shameless) Pastor believed himself to be “una chucha cuerera y ardida” a seething and vengeful female dog, but right then the Saint Atocha Child illuminated me, of course! And I remembered what Don CL had offered me; he said he would help me with whatever I needed, then “de volada” (as fast as I could) I went to his office.

Juan goes to CL’s office enters and asks him if they could talk, at that moment Paula enters and Juan tells CL he would talk to him later, CL asks Juan to wait outside. Paula wants to know what the problem is; Juan doesn’t tell her and walks to wait outside. Paula gives CL some folders, CL wants to know if Paula talked to her mother and what did she say. Paula says that her mother wants to see her happy so will try to understand the relationship. She says that she really appreciates that he went to talk to her mother.

In the mean time Yvonne is trying to undo what she did. She asks one of the other secretaries to call Ana Davila to tell her that the work is not longer available. The other secretary wants to know why Yvonne is doing this. Yvonne says is Monica’s caprice (capricho). She thanks her for the favor. She comes back to her desk and wants to know why Juan is waiting for CL. After making fun of him, she calls Monica and tells her that Ana declined the job offer. Monica is not happy, but relents and asks Yvonne to please look for another secretary.

Paula comes out of CL’s office and asks Juan to tell her what the problem is. After a little hesitation Juan tells her that Pastor fired him, when she tries to intervene, Juan tells her not to worry that he is going to talk to CL to see if there is something that can be done.

CL receives Juan in his office. Juan informs him that he has a problem and his problem’s name is Pastor Gaitan. CL looks amused and says that he thought that Juan and Pastor “understood” each other. Juan clarifies and tells him that he doesn’t play in that “orchestra”. CL pretends that he doesn’t understand and tells Juan that if he wants help he hast to be frank and tell him that whole truth. Finally Juan tells him (really fast) that Don Pastor is in love with him. CL – And, you…? Juan – No, no Licenciado.

In the meanwhile Paula went to Pastor’s office. Paula is furious and wants Pastor to stop it and leave Juan alone. Pastor says he is the head of the human resources and he decides if employees pass their probationary period or not, and since he doesn’t meddle with her department, she should not meddle with his. She is left speechless and storms out of the office.

Back to CL’s office
Juan keeps on denying that he likes Pastor. Yo no le hago al 41(?) (I’m not sure what this means, I’m not gay?) And that is why I’m in trouble with Don Pastor. He is driving me crazy!!! CL wants to know if Juan provoked Pastor. Juan Swears he did not do such thing and that he should be judge for his work performance, not in his sexual preferences.

In the mean time Kike arrives to the office and sees Fernando washing the car. He realizes that Fernando is a chauffer and not an executive. Kike delights in this information. He tells Fernando that he is looking for Juan, but not to worry he’ll go upstairs and will wait for him. He tells him to keep on washing the car that he is still not done. Fernando looks worried and calls Marely to tell her that kike is on his way up and that he (Kike) found out everything. Marely tells him that Juan is with CL.

Kike confronts Marely. Kike –You know what disconcerts me? (me saca de onda) You are very honest (muy neta) I don’t understand why you have help them (les hayas hecho el paro), that gets to me (me cala), because neither Fernando nor Juan are executives, they are chauffeurs. Marely doesn’t deny nor confirms this, she tells him he should wait for Juan and ask him. Kike says of course he is going to ask him.

In CL’s office

Juan is still trying to convince CL to help him. CL finally says that he’ll help him. Juan is very happy. Juan –Truly licenciado it is easy to see what bread has the butter (La verdad licenciado, luego, luego se ve que pan tiene la mantequilla; in other words who is the boss) I swear to you I don’t know how I’m going to pay you for this. CL – Not to worry Juan I’m pretty sure we’ll find the way ( I’m pretty sure of that, if I where Juan I would worry) Juan – I give you my word of Tititipequense (Juan is from Tititipico thus he is a Tititipequense) that I’ll do wherever you want. Juan thought bubbles – What I didn’t know is that with this promise I was putting my own neck in the noose (la soga al cuello) because Don CL would charge me for this favor later, and with what I loved the most.

Yadira arrives to the office Marely comments that the entire troop came by today. Yadi doesn’t understand and Marely points to Kike, he is all the way on the other side of the office and is flirting with the other secretary. Yadi wants to know what is Kike doing there, Kike says he came to see Juan. Yadi asks Marely for the address to Fernando’s office. Kike tells her that he’ll take her to see him that he knows where his office is and that is really close. Yadi doesn’t want to go with him, but finally accepts. Kike takes Yadira to the garage, Yadi tells Kike to leave, but Kike won’t leave until Fernando tells the truth, he finally admits that he is a chauffer. Yadi makes a BIG impactada face.

Juan comes out of CL’s office. He is very happy and tells Yvonne that her boss is great, he goes to talk to Paula, and asks Marely to announce him. Marely tells him that Yadi came by and Kike told her the whole truth. Juan comes down the stairs on time to hear Fernando telling Yadira that everything started as a game. Juan tells her it was his idea, he asked him to lie for him. Yadi is not impress she yells at all of them (Fer, Juan and Kike) Yadi – You are sick!!! Agachados de quinta !!! (Agacharse is a verb and it means to put your head down, but here Yadi is using it as an adjective to show shame, like saying shameful people and she is using the degree to show just how shameful they are. Not of the first or second degree but of the fifth degree. This reminded me of a place in Oaxaca where the food was really good. It was so little that there where no tables and you would have to eat outside standing up and facing the wall. It had a name which I don’t remember, but everybody called it “Los agachados” because the people that ate there did not dare put their heads up, they were afraid their friends would recognized them. The first time my parents took me there I had the audacity to ask for cutlery. You should have seen the face of the people around me…. but I digress….. Did I mention the food was great?.. I’m sorry I’m getting hungry..... anyway back to Yadira) pair of idiots, you can’t play with the people, don’t you have feelings??!!! Fernando – I still love you Yadirita. Yadi – Don’t be a fool (no seas zoquete) do you believe that somebody that does what you did can love?? And the saddest part of all is that I had to find out this way, you didn’t have the guts to tell me yourself? Juan – I told him to tell you Yadi – and you Juan what a disappointment, we open the door of our house to you, we received you as a part of our family, and this is how you repay us? Juan –I’m sorry, forgive me. Yadi – Forgiveness?? Forgiveness is what you will have to ask, but not to me, to my mother, because I’m going straight home to tell her. She turns to leave, but before she leaves she yells at Kike Yadi – Are you happy Enrique? There is nothing else that I hate the most than a snitch; you thought I was going back to you? You were mistaken!!! I’m never, ever, going back to you. You three are the worst (persons) I have ever known in my whole life!!!

When Yadi leaves Fernando and Juan look at each other and then to Kike, Kike realizes he is in danger and runs for his life. Juan and Fer chase him

Monica is at home talking to Consuelo. She is sad because she doesn’t have a secretary any more. Consuelo says that maybe she could be her secretary. Monica says that she needs somebody to help her organize the whole business, somebody with experience, but Consuelo could be her personal assistant and should start by getting her Ana Davila’s phone number. Consuelo is so happy that runs out the room to call Yvonne to ask her for the number. Yvonne gives her the wrong number. Consuelo calls and finds out that that is not the number. Monica tells her to ask Yvonne again. Yvonne gives her another fake number. This time Monica suspects that CL is behind everything. She decides she’ll ask him why he doesn’t want Yvonne to give her the number

Fernando and Juan have catch up with Kike. Fernando tries to hit Kike but Juan stops him, the police arrives and they say they were not fighting they were only horse playing the police believes them and leaves, but Kike tells them that since they are going the same way to take him with them. The police men agree. Juan and Fernando walk back to the company. Fernando tells Juan he feels broken inside and he has finally lost her. Juan tells Fer that he lost Yadi long time ago, and reminds him that they knew this was going to happen sooner o later and that what really worries him is what Dona Lidia is going to say when she finds out.

At CL’s office
Pastor and CL are talking. CL tells Pastor he wants Juan back. Pastor in no uncertain terms tells him that he (pastor) is the director of human resources and that he decided that Juan is not a good employee. Pastor – Of course you are the boss and if you want to hire Juan back there is nothing I can do about it, but I have to remind you that in doing that you would be taking away my authority and that would affect the whole company. CL – I’m asking for a favor, please do not make me give you an order. Pastor still refuses. CL comes up with a plan. CL – I’ll tell Juan that I couldn’t do anything for him, that if he wants to stay he needs to asks you and he would have to kneel before you to stay. Pastor is still unsure.

Pastor leaves the office and Yvonne goes in. CL tells her to look for Juan. Yvonne tells CL that they have problems. Monica insist on talking to Ana Davila

At the Cachon residence Lidia and Alirio are talking about the wedding. She is looking for a wedding dress and Alirio is looking at her, Lidia tells Alirio to look for something to do because she doesn’t like him to be in the house all the time. Yadira enters and slams the door. Lidia wants to know what is wrong. Yadira says that today she found out who is in reality Juan Dominguez. We hear dramatic music. The End

Tomorrow: Will Juan stay or not?

Maricruz

Labels:


Comments:
Maricruz, this recap is another winner! Wonderful vocabulary! Thanks, great job!

“Paula says that Juan lied because he wanted to impress Marely, and this is the proof that he is not gay and that he loves her (let me see if I understand, if somebody lies to you that shows that they really love you? No wonder she is convinced that CL loves her).” ROTFL! Yes, indeed, CL must love her very much to lie like this. He’s a major scumbag.

Juan is doing business with the devil when he asks a favor of CL. He is going to find out that he should have been careful what he wished for. The help from CL comes with this huge price tag, as you mentioned, Maricruz.

Poor Marely—her desk is Grand Central Station. All her folks are coming and making a ruckus, which isn’t going to do her work any good. She’s too good to tell them all to wait until she gets home to complain.

““Los agachados” because the people that ate there did not dare put their heads up, they were afraid their friends would recognized them. The first time my parents took me there I had the audacity to ask for cutlery. You should have seen the face of the people around me…. but I digress….. Did I mention the food was great?” LOL, Maricruz! This is too funny. I can picture the looks….

Ivonne should be watching over her shoulder, too. She’s going to dig herself a deep, deep hole and not be able to get out. Actually, she’s already in the hole. It’s just a matter of time before she gets busted.

Great job, Maricruz!

Jeanne
 

Thank you Jeanne, I'm ejoying the novela more now that I have to recap it. Thank you for your kind comment
Maricruz
 

Fantastic recap, Maricruz, thanks so much! "Juan" is a very challenging telenovela for me because of all the slang in the dialogue and I can't thank you enough for all your wonderful explanations, as well as your great sense of humor. I really appreciate your style. Thanks again for helping out!
 

Super recap Maricruz!! Thanks again for helping!!!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder