Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Destilando 10/15/07 "No Puede Ser" Rod, seriously it sucks to be me watching you.

Yes, Rod that title is devoted to you, cause Dude I am so over you. I swear to Gawd that better be a tumor causing that behavior.

Sorry, I am really hit and miss on this one, so feel free to add any fine points of detailed conversation.

We begin with Erika hunting Rod down in the local eatery/bar he has fled, but hey Rod you can’t run away cause AssHat you are your problem.
Gavi meanwhile is breaking bread with Dr. Blondie, but now drop the Dr. part cause he is just Blondie to her. We get a brief diatribe on how the presentation of the food is half the battle. Whatever Dude. Gavi is very thrilled with Blondies hard work, but in a “Good job Boss”, not a “I want to eat Tequila soaked Strawberries off your hairless pale chest kinda way”.

Blondie asks if Gavi can live without Rod. Gavi asks why do you ask me this question. Then he brings up the idea that she can go pedal Tequila in Europe & America. She says she’ll think about it when it is a real opportunity not just passing conversation. Blondie fires back that it is a real question. Gavi plays it off as she’ll have to talk to the amazing Ma. Oh yeah and Rod? counters Blondie.
Gavi says she would need time to make a decision.

Minnie calls Isa, the maid says Isa is out visiting her rents…No way, Minnie isn’t falling for it. She smirks.

Isa arrives at a hotel lounge and greets Eugenio, the guy from the other nite. Minnie your smirk was dead on.

Rod is sitting at the table do what? Okay audience shout out the answer, wait I can’t hear you…What is that? YES DRINKING!!!!! Drinking what? TEQUILA!!!!! Very good audience. Okay I am not sure I am even remembering this right, but sorry I can’t bare to watch it again. Erika worried about Rod’s condition shows up in another low cut perky scarf dress. I’m sure she is just trying to give the despondent Rod a reason to live. Rod tells her she didn’t have to worry & makes a gesture like hanging himself, cause he wasn’t going to kill himself over Gavi. Some flirting starts, Rod gets another glass, soon he & Dr. Erika are doing shooters. Hey if this awesome therapy works, maybe they could send Acacia a case of Tequila & a hawt doctor. It just screams of cutting edge medicine.

Dr Erika says they have to leave, but no way cause the resort is so well not fun, so after some merry bantering and Dr. Erika playing peek a boo with her scarf over her eyes she leaves the table. I believe at this point Dr. Erika wanders off to call the Resorto del Locos, some schizophrenic will have to put the top back on the whip cream & the box of wine back in the fridge cause Dr. Erika has suicide watch tonite. She leaves a scarf on the table. Rod picks it up. He looks around he has a very guilty expression. He stuffs it in his coat.

***I am so totally creeped out by this scene, I have visions of Ofelia missing big white panties from the dirty laundry basket, I’m sorry, some of you may disagree, but my pervdar was totally clanking.***

Then to add insult to injury, he pulls it out and does the deep deep deep sniff. For one brief shining moment I was hoping he was going to stuff it in his coat & later strangle her with her own scarf, but no. This is like something you would see on CSI, where the creepy dead guy has a huge collection of fibers and feathers up his nose.

Back in Merry ol DF, Gavi & Blondie have completed the ninth meal of the day. Gavi tells Blondie, that he should open a restaurant. ***In trying to save the trees, some people just recycle old scripts***
Pears, soaked in Chocolate & Tequila, that just makes me gag thinking about it. Now they wander out into the living room, I believe Gavi looks ready to leave, but wait there is more. It is time for a fine cup of coffee, as well as music to drink coffee by & land o’ goshen, Blondie is gonna read all about something coffee? Or Bach? I don’t have any idea, but whatever it was..Gawd it was dull. All of this to the fine music of Johan Sebastian. Gavi falls asleep. Blondie says she is so beautiful.

Now Rod & Erika in true therapy fashion are continuing the shooters, Rod chooses this point to blurt out “Hey I think Isa has an Amante” Erika looks intrigued.

OMG what a coincidence Isa is having drinks, Isa is toying with her drink & sucking on a maraschino cherry. It is high school again, we had a more experienced girl who used to tell us that guys would think that was sexy. Well looks like Eugenio thought is was sexy, Isa wants another drink, but he is like no. Then she wants to dance & he is like “Look babe we are adults here, lets just down to the dirty”. Believe it or not Isa walks out. This guy was an idiot a few more drinks & he’d nailed her.

Now back at the bar, there is a Banda band. Rod wants to dance, Erika says no, geez cause that wouldn’t be professional. Rod stops the band and makes everyone beg Erika to dance with him cause he won’t let the band play until she does. So of course they dance while having a conversation, right up in front of the band. Yeah that would really happen. I don’t know how many of you have actually heard Banda music, but it is usually ear splitting up close. Rod starts doing this wicked sniffing thing while dancing, even Erika seems a bit creeped out, he keeps insisting it is her Odor, she says no it is her perfume.
Personally I don’t care what it is, he is just way to twisted, with the sniffing & the souvenir stealing. I mean I get it if your beloved is gone and sleep in his shirt cause it smells like him, but please he has known her like three days and it isn’t his lover…or at least not when she is in the room. Maybe later after she leaves.

Every once in while Dr. Erika mentions Gavi only to get a “I’m so over her scowl” from Rod. Rod pours yet more Tequila, lets have toast, others can toast to love, but let us toast to our best buds friendship”.

Blondie wakes up Gavi & takes her home, but not before asking if they can hook up tomorrow. Gavi says Thanks but No Thanks, she & Ma have weekend stuff to do. Really she is just blowing him off.

Now over at the Bar, Rod is trying to hire the band to go back to “Resorto del Locos”, Erika all fun and flirty is telling him they can’t cause everyone is sleeping. Rod is sloppy stupid drunk by this point, he slurs more than when he is just sober stupid. Always the gentleman he gives his coat to Erika.

Gavi arrives home and Clarita is sleeping on the couch. Clarita questions her about her evening. Gavi tells her about the job offer. Clarita asks if Blondie declared his love yet? Gavi says well not openly. Clarita says she knows he will, he is just shy. Gavi looks very nervous.

Isa wanders in her apartment. Hey this would be a fine time to prank call your babyDaddy. Isa calls & Frankie reaches over Sofie for phone, he asks who it is and Isa says it is Moi, Frankie plays it off like it is a wrong number. Isa says he better call, muy pronto.

Gavi is pacing the floor, what is a girl to do? Blondie is really nice, but boring and would read to you about boring things while playing boring music and eventually your face would freeze much like Pillars. This makes me wonder if perhaps there is truth to the saying “Bored to Death”? Maybe that is what happened to the late Mrs. Blondie. Maybe she was dead like six years, but it took him two years to stop reading and notice she wasn’t just resting her eyes as he read. I think I need to google this. Anyway Gavi is having a Rod Flashback…Girlfriend you are so wasting your time, Rod so does not deserve you. Gavi says to herself, Rod is the only man she will ever love. She looks out the window and has RodVision, she imagines he is lying on his car mouthing Te Amo, up to her. Then she blinks and he is gone. Gavi cries.

Say what is Rod doing? Why driving down the totally not lit Mexican roads. Good call Dr. DumbAssa.
***I know, but I am so over these people, they are just sad***
They get out of the car & Rod still has a big ol grande size bottle of Tequila, Dr. Erika tries to get him to give it to her. Rod is what I really hate, a loud, stupid, sloppy drunk. They flirt, they giggle, they slur..Rod gives her the bottle, she takes a swig, & runs off, you know slow, like catch me, catch me…Rod catches her, he picks up her scent…He starts well..groping her. She is trying to push him away, I don’t know why she had to know this was gonna happen. He is like really creeping me out here cause he is just all sniffing all over her. Erika pulls away and sends “Rin Tin Tin” off to his kennel.

Gavi is now sitting and drinking a shot of Tequila thinking of the love of her life, too bad she can’t see him at this point, cause she’d probably rethink that only one hombre thing.

Meanwhile Blondie is over at his house having deep thoughts. He thought bubble that he will declare his love to Gavi. I guess this is supposed to be a break through or a happy moment, but his expression looks like someone that has just gotten the news it is time for a colonoscopy.

Now Erika is in her rooms smelling Rod’s jacket.
Rod is in his room lying on the bed smelling the scarf. Seriously and this isn’t on pay for view. He is all giggly remembering their dance. Then suddenly he remembers Gavi. Oh no bad scarf he pushes it way. We are one scene away from cat-o-nine tales and flagellation.

Another point, both of these bloodhound de ultra sensitive noses live in Mexico City and I am telling you the truth, the air in Mexico City is so dirty you can taste it. How do the uber sniffers survive?

Finally….Finally it is another day.

Erika comes out and gives Rod his jacket, she is sober (literally & figuratively), she tells him, he must find another doctor. Rod makes it like it is a joke. This is like the bestest time evah…he wants to spend each and every moment obsessing over her. There are some people in the background who are doing Yoga. Rod gets louder and louder. He wants to spend the whole day with her. She says no. Like the crazed man-child he is Rod pouts. Erika walks off from him. His yelling disrupts yoga class and clearly whatever stress the yoga class had removed, returned. See the dude is a freak you can not take him anywhere.

Gavi is lying in bed and Clarita comes in all bouncy and wakes her up. Clarita is like having a seven year old with a really bad case of ADHD. She forces Gavi to get up. Gavi doesn’t want to do anything but sit around and wait for Rod to call. Clarita is yelling at her. The phone rings and in a typical identical cousin “Patty/Kathy” scene they both run for it. It is the Blondster. He invites them to dinner, Gavi signals Clarita NO, not NO but Hell No. Clarita says fine, pick us up in an hour. Gavi is furious, but Clarita yells at her and says get over Rod.

Meanwhile the best is yet to come. Frankie comes downstairs and asks Ofelia where Sofie has runoff to. Well Sofie is out catching a salmon from the local stream, clubbing it over the head, de boning it and preparing it for Frankies breakfast.

**I do have to stick up for Frankie here, Listen Ofelia, no matter what a rat bastard Frankie is in his personal life, he is not the one nicking your undies, so stop giving him the stink eye.***

Frankie sneaks off to the study to call Isa. Isa coming straight from the shower, with her robe and hair in a towel answers. She puts the squeeze on Frankie to come see her, but he can’t cause Sofie is on him like white on rice. Sofie, breakfast tray in hand is standing outside the door listening. She creeps up behind him as he tells Isa he is sending her a kiss. He hangs up. Sofie speaks and Frankie jumps, he says he was looking for the newspaper. She gives him his fine breakfast of Salmon & Bacon. Sofie now light years ahead of her brother in intelligence presses call back…
Isa snaps that phone right up. Sofie hangs up on her. She is Muy Muy Maximo Impacted….

Well at least they ended on a light note.

Unless they can attribute Rod’s behavior to a tumor the size of grapefruit in his big ass head…well I am sad to say, I am giving up my position as a Rod supporter.

Stay tuned tomorrow when Sofie tells steadfast James of Frankie & Isa betrayal. James can’t believe it. I’m sure he can’t believe Frankie is shagging Isa when he has all the hawt young locals.

Labels:


Comments:
Oh Beckster, I salute you for a fine and brave finish to a great recap of a perfectly disgusting, snot on the doorknob, kind of night. Egad, I can't bear to watch it again and I have just volunteered to write up tomorrow night's recap for Tash. Geez, at least I won't have to do a full hour like tonight and sounds like I will at least have the very welcome pleasure of recounting some of the James-Sofie-Franco el Sleezo and Itchy Iza debacle. Now I think Erika redeemed herself pretty well with dropping Rodzy as a client now that she has sniffed his jacket alone in her room. What can this beautiful, intelligent woman be thinking??
Clarita was for once a sober and sage voice for letting someone else love her daughter. She must be sick of the tears too. Too bad dear old Dr. just doesn't light her fire (neither Gavi's nor sadly, mine). Oh what happened to all that sex appeal, Rodzy, I am so feeling like I need to hurl a fur ball out of my mouth like my cat used to do....s'cuse me while I slip off to have a mind refreshing shower.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Beckster, Beckster, Beckster. How can you follow a recap like that? Incredibly witty which helped easy the pain of watching those two DNA cloth sniffing junkies act worse that a couple of winos hanging out in the back of a liquor store in Compton. I'm w/you Cheryl/New Mexico. I don't blame Clarita at all for growling like a pit bull since she knows that her daughter is about to procreate with a wild bear when she could make grandbabies with a man who could cook nine meals without a single dirty dish. I am ½ through w/ Gavi for those wide-eyed 12 y/o facial expressions. Most teenagers lose that look of innocence soon after they have lost their virginity, why does she still have it DECADES and "overnight dates" later? L'rd have mercy, I'm going to bed!
Sistah Val
 

HAH. Yes it was a disgusting pathetic episode. What's with this constantly making us detest the leads in these telenovelas? Remember Rubberlips from Barrera de Amor? And what's his face (the nice twin) from Mundo? And of course Emilioooo from Duelo? I agree with Sistah Val I am tired of Gav's wide-eyed innocence. Yeah, we get it, she's the good one. I am tired of Clarita jumping up and down too. And the boring doctor. Not tired of: watching Pilar's frozen face; Cesar and Minerva. Hmm, maybe that's it.

I actually fell asleep watching it and missed the end, can Sofia really gut salmon? Was she wearing one of her nice poofy shirts? Heh.
 

Beckster your recap was great. I am new to telenovelas and Destilando is my favorite. Caray, Caray puts it in perspective. The cameras always seem to be up someone's nose or down their throat. I'm seeing ads for veneers and implants - all kinds.
 

Wow. You really managed to capture the profound perviness of this episode - CSI references and all. Except I don't believe you when you say you're over Rodrigo.

I think Isa really did want to go dancing with that bat-eared Eugenio guy. She probably hasn't been dancing since before she was married. Not to say that there wouldn't have been some quid pro quo afterwards, but I still think she wanted to go bailando.

I have an idea for Aaron's fate. All this time I've been wondering if he and Fedra could get hit by pie trucks and maybe between the two of them there'd be enough heart tissue to save Bruno's life when the inevitable heart attack happens. After last night, I have a more realistic idea. Their livers can be passed on to Rodrigo and Gavi.
 

Cheryl, you need to send your email to Melinama so she can hook you up (if this hasn't happened already).
 

Thanks Julie, I'm all set up for tonight now with Melinama's help.
But I wonder if Aaron's and Fedra's livers don't look like cheesecloth too so what would be the benefit of a transplant? Actually, only baby Ricardo, Dani and Erika seem to have a liver healthy enough to donate and Erika is on her way to the dark side on a speedboat to perdition, no?
 

Damn, you're right. No livers either, although I would still bet that theirs are in better shape than Rod's and Gavi's!
 

Great recap as always beckster! Talk about needing a 3 hour shower after last night's episode! Wow!! Last night was truly hard to watch for me, and so will the upcoming Rodrigo-Erika episodes. I'm really hating Rodri-freak right now. Somebody please save him----save us all!!!

Lisa from Alpena
 

Wow, Beckster...I'm beginning to feel lucky that I was exhausted yesterday after work and fell asleep on the sofa and missed this episode. Great recap... I saw it all in my head. I especially enjoyed the image you provided of Gavi, the Tequila soaked strawberries, and that white chest...no, no, no. Evidently Rod has rounded the bend . However, I did not actually see his drunken, extra-weird sniffing behavior, so I am still hanging in there with him. I'm happy to hear that Sophie finally had the brilliant idea to press call back..Eureka...better living through technology. Will she tell Rod that Frankie is Isa's amante??? Will he care ??? Who stole Ophelia's panties ??? Was it Roman ???? Thank you, Beckster. I could tell that this was a disheartening episode for you to recap. So, does this mean you are abandoning the idea of our life at the hacienda? Dividing up Rod's time...the pink motorcycle??...the bedazzled jackets??...my sporty Red Mustang Sally ??..my tatoo??...Rod's tatoo??? Que lastima. I am impactada. I don't like tequila, and besides, it's 11 am, so I think I'll have some Cheerios and do some yoga and try for some positive vibes.
 

Susanlynn..
As much as I hate the thought of not torturing Sofie, without torture how will she ever learn fashion? And as much as I hate giving up my pink vespa & ordering people around. I can not at this time commit to living on the hacienda. I can not live with the fear that everytime the washer eats a sock, was it the washer or was Rod just sampling again?
Also I can be patronizing to Stupid people, often for the amusement of others. But I would have just lost it last nite & gotten vicious on his ass. Besides to tell the truth, I had plans to keep the guy (guy with no name that is in the Sulfur stealing business w/Frankie..not the buyer but the guy who also works for Rod), yeah I, like Isa had a back-up plan. Rod just seems to unstable for the long run.

Now I did think the dinner at Blondie's was pretty funny cause I mean everything was cool if a bit stiff, until the music and reading thing. Really who does that? Gavi is too polite, I would have at least ask if he could read me the new Harry Potter & please do all the voices
 

I thought that (playing the music and lecturing her about it) was quite obnoxious. As is any "date" or datelike experience that consists of someone trying to "improve" you.

Y'know, Gavi... you don't have to end up with either of these weirdos. There's a million other fish in the sea.

(Now if only I could remember where that sea is...)
 

Repulsive is the only word for the whole episode. What a bunch of brain dead losers showed up last night.This is where you can really see the bad effects of a novela that has been artificially lengthened.

My mind wandered all night and all I could think of was how sterile Dr. B's apartment was. It looked so cold you would probably need a coat to get warm. I wonder if the original novela which was about coffee contained as many boring lectures on the product as this one does.

It also looks like Patty Monterola's botox job is much better than Angelica's. There is only a tw0 year age difference but that frozen look of AR's isn't making her look better.
 

So I have an outlandish idea, SusanLynn. Since Becky is giving up her lease on the hacienda, and before she comes to her senses and changes her mind, I am willing to sacrifice myself to join you. I think if we can execute a well planned INTERVENTION we can probably turn this big bear around. He seems so ready to be manipulated at least once a week in these episodes, anyway. We just have to keep the laundry room door locked, no?
 

The one and only thing that can save Rod for me is..Yes..sadly some kind of brain disorder, if not a gianormus tumor, then at least a spinal fluid bacterial or viral infection. Otherwise I am done, that whole sniffing/arousal thing is just too over the top and behavior like that doesn't just appear (well unless the disorder), therefore he may be taught to control it in public and to hide it, but I believe there is no cure..& the dude is creepin me out. If I saw some guy in public doing that I would at first think he was just screwing around teasing his girlfriend, second I would think he was special, you know that kind of special. He looks special when he does that and then he starts talking loud and fast like a little kid. Yes special. Rod maybe special, but not that special for me.
 

Ditto all comments re: Rod, sniffing, etc.

Surprise last night - Isa turns down icky guy in bar.

Found her brain - Sofie hits call back button. (After reading "10 equivocados estupidos que hacen las mujeres")

Person needing career change - Dr. Blondie should work for CRC - Consejo Regulador de Cafe. Or open his own coffeshop in Mex. DF, with soothing classical music.

"The Way We Were" prize - shared by Gavi and Rod for flashbacks to happier days.

Loyalty award - to all of us still watching...

Gold medal to our great recappers.
 

Beckster, first let me congratulate you. This was one of your finest and you deserve an award! Some sort of atta girl, cause you hit it out of the park for me on this one. I'd like to take you to lunch and just recap the recap--it was great.

Anyhoo, Rod just crossed the line for me and is irredeemable. Of course this is telenovela-land and he's the galan, so reality isn't a factor. A brain tumor would be easier to heal than the psyche problems he has.

Maybe AA would be a good place for Gavi and Rod to start...
jb
 

Beckster, you are too danged funny. Kudos to all you recappers who have to suffer through these past few episodes since Dr. Erika first met with Rod. I find them too painful and unbearable to watch so I'm just coming in here for the highlights.

Where did Sofie go to get a brain? All those "anonymous" calls and she didn't think to wait a few minutes and press call back?

G.
 

G - in one episode Isa specifically mentioned using that blocking code so that the *69 (or whatever) wouldn't work. So this may be the first time Sofie was able to do it.
 

Cherylnewmex^^^I think that we could do it...an intervention with Rod. No tequila shooters...no sniffing allowed. We'll have to be strict, but I have lots of experience with teenage boys in detention hall scenarios, so I think that I may be up for the job. I didn't see last night's episode, so I did not witness Rod's odd sniffing behavior. I think that Rod is just thinking , ''Why must I be a teenager in love?'' We've all been there, but....we were teenagers. That's the snag ..Rod is 40, no ???? Time to man up, Rod. The combination of too-much-tequila, obsessive love, and the sniffing thing is setting folks against you, Mi Vida. Let's get that macho vibe going for you before all is lost and viewers start thinking that AAron looks pretty sane by comparison. Come on , Rod...put down the bottle AND that scarf. Let's put on the cowboy hat and get on that horse and ride into the agave fields from whence cometh your machismo and strength. Nobody likes a whiner and a sniffer.
 

Hi!
Thanks again for a great recap. I think you should be a creative writer. Your recaps add more spices to the actual story. Specially when last week was so boring and slow.
 

HOLY DECADENT DUEÑOS, BATMAN!!

Thanks for another batch of belly laughs, beckster.

Susanlynn, knowing your great attachment to the now Repulsive Rod, it was best you didn't see last night's bestial blathering borrachero behavior of his.

Cherylnewmex: Looking forward to reading your recap. Glad to have you come aboard.
 

'Tho I was never a Rod Rangerette, he's had much of my sympathy. It was wearing thin, however, and last night just tore it all to pieces. NO MAS! Sniffing the scarf and then furtively hiding it was too much. Yes, Beckster, I'm sure you're right. Dr. Coffee's first wife did die of boredom. I fell asleep along with Gavi during his lecture on Bach's Coffee Cantata, and I love Bach. I switched to some other shows for most of this episode, and I'm usually glued to DA except for commercials. Arrrrggghhh!
 

Here is one url for the libretto of Bach's Coffee Cantata if Dr. Coffee inspired you to search further: http://www.afactor.net/kitchen/coffee/kaffeeKantate.html
 

"Mm! how sweet the coffee tastes,
more delicious than a thousand kisses,
mellower than muscatel wine.
Coffee, coffee I must have,
and if someone wishes to give me a treat,
ah, then pour me out some coffee!"

Thanks, anon. 6:15PM! I think the above was the passage he tried reading to Gavi right before she fell asleep. I'm a Bach lover also and was wondering about it. I guess it's something about him being such a prolific composer, huh? =/; > )
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

p.s., as for Bach or anything like that, that was exactly the wrong thing for Dr. Coffee try to impress her with, 180 degrees off She is ALL banda/duranguese. Darn!! He is sooooo wrong for her and he is such a dope to idolyze her like he does.
 

I have been for weeks now so "over" this novela..I used to not miss an episode..Now, I don't care if I ever see another. Some where in its popularity, it derailed..At least, in this household..
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder