Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Destilando - Tuesday Oct 30 .... Where stubborn people do stubborn things

After Pillie asks Clarita (" just what really happened between you and Amador?"), Aron demands Clarita tell them if Gavi is a Montalvo or not. Clarita asks that she and Pillie talk in private about this.

When they are alone, Clarita tells Pillie that it's really hard to touch on all these subjects from the past, but that she can assure Pille that Don Amador always treated Clarita like a daughter and never betrayed Pillie. She starts her story: long, long ago.... Clarita came back to the Hacienda when Gaviota was just a month old, and that don Amador, in thankfulness that she saved his life, offered to help her out by building her a small house and giving her money every month. But Clarita refused this (like mother like daughter! :)) telling him that instead, she would like him to give her a job every spring when she comes back for the Agave season. The year after, people started saying that Gavi was Amador's daughter. For that reason, Clarita preferred to separate herself form the group of jimadores, and Amador gave her the little hut to stay more comfortably; he loved hearing Gaviota sing her first songs when she was a child.


Gavi then asks her mom why she never told her about her dad, and Clarita responds that she was embarrassed to tell her because she would be giving her a bad example. Gaviota, crying, assures her mom that she has been the best mom ever and that she's very proud of her. Pilar is moved by all this and thanks Clarita for her kind words.


At his office, Alonso is nervous because Gavi is not answering the phone and thinks that maybe she is with Rod.


We then get to see Gavi and Clarita on their way out of the hacienda, where Gaviota is telling Rod that she doesn't want the hacienda provided to them by Don Amador. Gavi: We don't want to know anything about you guys. Rod: you are probably saying that because of me. Videgaray will take care of the paperwork. But Gavi says she prefers not, as she doesn't want to see his face again. She asks Dani to call a taxi.... Rod says "no Dani, our driver will take her". Gavi: no, I want a taxi! Rod, with a sigh: whatever, OK Dani, get her a taxi. I am sure these are the moments when Rod gives thanks for Erica in his life. Anyhoo...


Dona Pilar talks to Clarita, and begs her to take the hacienda in memory of Don Amador, as it was his wish. Clarita says she'll talk about it to Gaviota. Gavi gives Dona Pilar many thanks for everything and says sorry for the pains caused. Rod gives a special thanks to Clarita, and congratulates her on her Bday. Gavi says good bye to Rod. He congrats her too, on the big palisa (beating) that she gave Minnie. G: well, it's been a while that I owed her one! Outside, Gavi asks Dani if she knows Rod's psicologa. G: Not that I'm jealous!! hehe.. JUST curious, ya know?? Dani: Tomorrow I'm going to see her and I'll tell u.


Erica is talking on the phone to a friend, telling her that falling in love with Rod is a risk, but life is constant risks and needs to be lived fully.


Pillie is now sure that Amador never cheated on her and she's super happy. Rod too, probably cuz he knows he didn't boink his own aunt. Pillie says that Gavi is an amazing daughter and woman, after seeing how she behaves with her mom. Rod: I know granny! Elvis walks in, jokingly suggesting he get his piece of the fortune by Amador. She says her usual: suficiente Elvis! Suficiente!


Pillie tells the rest of the family that Gavi is not a montalvo. Fedra: ah! finally good news on this day! Aron reminds them that she is a simple jimadora. Pillie says some good things about Gavi, and Minnie gets jealous. Frankie wants to know what Clarita told her. Elvis jokes about Frankie getting some money from the herencia. Frankie gets excited, but Sofie bursts his bubble as she sarcastically tells him not to get too excited since it's a joke. They talk about how they will divide Gavi's ranch if she gives it to them. Aron says she better give them the land. Minnie says that Aron should not expect miracles from someone like Gavi.


At home, Clarita and gavi are talking about the hacienda. Gavi says if they keep it, they'll never get rid of the Montalvo plagues. Gavi then takes out a gift for Clarita's since it's her Bday; Clarita utters a 'Como asi!' and cries as she puts the earrings on. Gavi says Clarita is the best ma. Gavi: ma, now I gotta talk to you... I need your honest response from the bottom of your heart.

Right then, doctor Coffee calls, he's been looking for Gavi all day. He wants to talk to Gavi at work tomorrow. They hang up. Gav: ma, what do you think he wants to tell me? Clarita: he's going to ask you to marry him. Do you know what you'll tell him? I don't know ma, but I need to know something more important. I need you to swear to me that I am not Amador's daughter. Clarita: m'ija, I swear to you! Amador has always been very nice to me. He loved you very much. Gavi: Ma, what about my dad? Clarita: Ah, it's not worth it... if it weren't because you were born of my story with your pa, I would have forgotten about it a long time ago. Gav: Ma, please tell me the truth. Clarita, dreamy eyed: Ok...

I met Jacinto, and all girls wanted to be with him. He made us laugh with his stories, jokes, and his laugh was like listening to a music box. He was so similar to you, blonde, honey eyes and curly hair like yours. He was tall, flirty, and I would get all shy when he talked to me. And... he made me fall in love with him. One day, I went to a party; all the girls wanted to dance with him...but he danced only with me, and that night, we spent it together. When the morning came I was sure that my life was going to be with him. We were gonna get married, but one morning, he packed his things and left.


Gaviota: I hope to see him someday...I know my dad will find us one day! C: No Gavi, don't have those expectations. Plus, he lost most, because he missed seeing you smile and grow up and hear you calling him Papa! G: Maybe one day I will see him again. C: shortly after, I found out he crossed the border to work in the USA and as he was crossing the river he drowned. I don't even know if they gave him a Christian burial. That's why I wanted to keep this away from you all this time. G: Ma, I am grateful! Now I know where I came from, and I have such a good mom! And what about Don Amador?? He loved you like a daughter.... and you? Were you in love with him? C: I don't know m'ija. Some days I waited and waited to see him. We'd talk and talk. He was so smart, so nice, he treated me like I was equal to him...he talked to me about his problems and work, and when he laughed, it was like...hmmm...it's getting late huh?? G: I'm noone to judge you ma! Don't feel bad that you fell in love with a man that belongs to someone else! You are not hurting anyone!! Ma, we both fell in love with a Montalvo....


Next morning, Gavi is getting ready for work. She asks Clarita what Rod told her when he picked her up. Gav: Did he ask you for me?? C: no, he behaved as if nothing ever happened between you. Gavi looks sad about this.


At his home, Rod is in Ricky's room, playing with him. He kisses Ricky, asks him what he dreamt the day before. "I know, you were playing football...goaaal!! no no... you were galloping on a horse! I promise you that when you get older, you will ride horses with me in the fields and lakes. I promise you that I will do it."


At Pillie's home, Frankie kisses a very serious Sofie and tells her he loves her. They're getting ready to leave...he kisses dona Pilar's hand and tells her to stop bye the hacienda. Sofie says goodbye to her abuelita. Abuelita gives her the blessing, Sofie then hugs Dani. D: when do you come back?? S: sooner than yout think! And she leaves.


Gavi, at the office, is asking Dr Coffee what he wants to tell her? Alonso: Gavi, how's your sentimental situation? Gavi: hmmm... this means that Minnie has accused me with Avellaneda huh? Alonso: no no...she hasn't mentioned anything to him at all. I'm just worried that the conflicts with that family are affecting the institution. Gavi: so I have to quit?? Alonso: no.... I propose you go work at the offices in London.


Tomorrow promises to be a good one!
- Isa gets a hysteria attack after her dad tells her he cannot pay Rod back. Isa: I hate you!!! I'm not your daughter anymore!!!
- Doctor Tejeiros dishes the truth to Dani as he tells her that Isa was already pregnant when she came to see him.
- Sofie finds proof of Frankie's betrayal; she calls Rod to let him know.

Labels:


Comments:
**********************************************************************************************************Thanks, Tash. So, do you think that Gavi will be going to London [capitol of England, in case you've forgotten]???? I hope that Clarita accepts the hacienda. Amador wanted her to have it, and Gavi shouldn't force Clarita to give the place up just because of her foolish pride. Land = the gift that keeps on giving. Clarita and Gavi would be foolish to look this gift cavallo in the mouth. Now, I suppose Rod will run to Erika and her colorful frilly frocks. As for the Sperminator, it looks like he will spill the beans to Dani. I guess that there is no privacy act in Mexico. Medical information is guarded so carefully in this country. Countdown to the agave hitting the fan.
 

Thanks Tash. From the previews, it looks like the Sperminator folds like a lawn chair under the intimidating presence of Dani. Guess he didn't cancel the appointment.

Seems like the terms of the will have been broken by both Aaron and Rod. Will the will be determining what happens to the Montalvo Fortune? Or maybe they'll just deal with it in their usual classy way...
jb
 

Tash...
Thanks alot..
I didn't think last night's episode was as fun as Monday..we were supposed to feel for the people. So much better just snarking. So I guess it comes down to this...Clara had a serious crush on Amador, which I get, she was very young and he played a father, protector role all fine well and good (yeah land is involved), but Clara pretty much worshipped him from afar for damn near thirty years.

Now then and there is always a now then. How come Gavi doesn't really have a lot of memories of Amador, who loved her like a daughter? How did she never know who Rod was? They went there every year and I just don't believe he was away at school for twenty years. Maybe Gavi is like 5 or 6 years younger, well still at tweleve or thirteeen I would have remembered Rod. (but then I was 5'10" by thirteen so I was checking out anyone who was within 5 inches of my height.) And yeah but, yeah but, yeah but...
I don't care if he did build them the small house..some kid would have told Gavi, Don Amador is your dad & the whole police/Don Amador thing, like my husband said that news would have been all over the ranch by midnight. My husband did the migrant thing when he was a kid. He said a single woman with a child would have been hit on constantly by the other workers. So I believe we are getting the Disney version of "My lil Princess"

Now then Gavi, snubbin the rich folks & Rod, damn you shut that door.

I am looking forward to Isa wailing on IsaDaddy tonite, I told my husband if I was Isa and had to look at Rod's big head one more night..I just totally go over the edge.

Also Frankie & Isa were out of the scene for a long time, were they enjoying some of that special Gramps "Boone's Farm Agave", saltines & ummmm muy muy rico cheese?

Aaron popped Elvis's arm last night, he is so high strung
 

I'm a little disappointed that Rod and Gavi got off the incest hook so quickly. I was really enjoying their angst. Too bad it wasn't dragged out another day or two just to make them suffer and get little tummy aches.

How interesting that Pilar is developing a soft spot for Clarita and Gavi...

Thanks Tash! I especially enjoyed the flashback tales.
 

Clarita was overacting so dreadfully last night I would have preferred to see Frankie hawking more cheese. Oh my God she was so dreadful. GRRRRRR.
 

Thanks Tash for a wonderful recap.
I'm glad that some things are finally coming to a head. I had just about lost interest in daily watching. Clarita said that she was shy as a kid and apparently Gavi's dad found that an attractive trait. I wonder if Clarita's current childlike behavior is supposed to represent a grown up version of that shyness. It seems that the 2 leading men (Rod and Doc Coffee) think it's cute. But then again, maybe cute little childlike women make them feel more protective, powerful and manly. I'm also watching the land situation closely. I'm sure the writers are going to come up with some twist in the story to justify such a bad decision. Wonder if Rod feels bad that he burned down the house that his gramps built for Clarita? One thing that is not clear to me is why it is so important to Isa that her dad pay back the money to Rod. Seems that since they are planning on divorcing regardless ... then what has the loan got to do with the price of tea in china??
Would someone please enlighten me. Thanks
 

Lisa, Isa wants big bucks from the divorce. If Rodrigo has to give up the hacienda's profits to pay off her father's debt, matters are going to be a lot more complicated, and Isa's not going to get much.
 

Thanks Julie. $eems in the very beginning she wanted Rod to loan her dad the money. Somehow I missed the turn of event$ where she decided it wasn't in her be$t intere$t. It's amazing where some people place their values, or should I say "lack of values".
 

Tash, Thanks for a great job. This episode wasn't as fun and Clarita totally overplayed it but it made me cry anyway.
On the loan: I agree with Julie that Isa is smart enough to know that she will get less if the loan to her gambling addicted daddy is folded into the settlement. Maybe they are showing Isa with a bit of conscience...but, nahhh, she just wants to walk with a bigger settlement for NotRodsBaby and to live in splendor with ocean viewing hot tubs, hawt sex scenes and all the animal print material her heart desires.

Susanlynn, here is another example, at least in this TN of foul play and lack of confidentiality being part of the professional wallpaper. But, then these wicked folks never seem to be overheard by nosy servants so somebody has to spill the beans. Well, and didn't Dr. Sperminator get a new hair cut and perhaps contact lenses. He was more naco in the early scenes where he peeped hopefully out of his tortoise shell thick rims at Isabella who was at her lusty best in those moments. The shrillness doesn't suit her but is so fun to see the trickster about to be outdone by the ultimate trickster, Frankie boy. She's just an amateur about to encounter the professional gigolo, yo creo.
 

Thank you for your wonderful comments! :)

In reg to London...hmmm....this might be a good opportunity to add some unnecessary drama in the novela. Imagine if Gavi takes the job in London, and on the day she has to leave, Rod runs into the airport a la Hollywood with a bunch of flowers, bursts into her plane as she is about to depart, shouts out a 'Gaviotaaaa!!', then a 'Te Amoooo!', carries her off the plane, and they live happilly ever after. The End :) Gosh, I'm starting to hope it's going to end soon. I was checking the esmas website, and it seems like we are only weeks away. Yay to the pirates! :)

Beckster, that was a good observation about Gavi as a child...! How come her Amador memory is not as clear as Clarita's?

And is it just me that thinks Gavi's relationship with Clarita is just too perfect?? After yesterday, I was left seriously wondering if the relationship between Clarita and Gavi is realistic. I hope not, because that would mean that we have some serious OCD traits in my family.
 

Tash - thanks for the recap!
When is Rod going to crack, and admit he still loves Gavi??
When she goes to London with Dr. S? The good news is, unlike LFMB, we won't have to watch for 6 more months to see if R & G re-unite.

Clarita hit the jackpot...I'd listen to my boss talk and talk and talk if I thought I'd get a hacienda ..I'd even take him a cup of coffee.
 

Sounds like storys books! you know what they say when they say this land is your land and this land is our land! Honestly there is more happiness beyond a tv in Clarita's POV!
Great recap!
 

Listening to Clarit go on about Gavi's real father I couldn't help but wonder if we were suddenly going to have one of those "I have to find my Papi" searches to drag this out a little longer. But in true TN fashion Gavi would find him immediately um let's see he's fair and blond. What if Dr. Coffee's father turned out to be Gavi's real father and we could have the horror of him having fallen in love with his own sister?

Rod and Gavi are more high school by the day. "I'm just curious about the doctor" -oh puleeze! Now Dani is going to check out Erica and the Sperminator. Whoever dubbed her Dani Drew is spot on. All she had to do was mention the doctor's name and Gavi could have made the connection.

Excellent points about why does Gavi have so little memory of Amador unless the only times he spent with Clarita were at night so Gavi's memory would be of the boss not the pseudo father figure.

Fedra smugness really gets on my nerves. There are time when i just want to give her a good smack.

I'll be furious of Clarita doesn't take the land. Let's face it she has to since when Gavi and Rod FINALLY get passed their stupidity, she would then be their neighbor and they could combine their resources and really stick it to Aron.
 

Thanks so much for the recap Tash. I'm looking forward to seeing what's going to happen tonight.
 

After Pilar and Clarita's little chat the old hag actually looked pleasant for a change. Perhaps that snotty cold look she always had, the one where it seemed she smelled something terrible, was all because she had spent years silently thinking her husband had been a cheat. It might be interesting to see her loosened up a bit and really making the coven dogs learn who is boss.
 

decie girl..
awesome Dr. Dull is her brother..bwahaaa too good. I think giantBaby AKA NotRod'sBaby looks like Blondie too. The kid doesn't look anymore like DNADaddy than NotDaddy.
 

I'm missing something here. How exactly did Clarita save Amador's life? I didn't get the whole shoot-'em-up scene. Did she dial 911? How did the police know where to go? GPS?
Also, didn't Rod say something to Gavi like "I'm leaving you alone like you asked"? I thought I heard that in the scene where she is asking for a taxi...
 

One thing I noticed last night - Dona Pilar actually has two expressions - sad/numb and happy. She actually smiled when Clarita finished telling her the tale of her odyssey. Oh, well, and then there is Gavi who could have sewed this whole show up with a nod and a wink. Guess they have more cheese to sell. From lower Ala
 

beckster- you're so right, it doesn't add up!

i keep thinking Amador got in a gun fight, and didn't tell his "loving wife" ??

and why didn't we see evidence of clarita & roman's deep friendship if the three were so close after that incident?

and what's up with the PSA about trying to go EL NORTE. oh the propaganda...
 

LISA-

Isa wants her dad to pay back Rod because she wants a divorce. And not only that, because she wants a divorce SETTLEMENT!! so she knows, since the loan is against the hacienda, that if her dad doesn't pay rod back, rod will have to sacrifice the whole produce from the hacienda

which means, no money for her. (and ricky, and frankie)
 

I also do not understand how Clarita saved Amador's life. I thought I saw her hiding in the bushes during the shootout. And who wanted to kill Amador and how were the police informed? I found the scene vary confusing.
 

Pilar actually looked at peace at last the way she smiled. I actually thought she would soften up with Elvis after realizing that Don Amador did not do the jimadora.

Frankie is such a dumb gigolo. When Elvis said maybe the hacienda left to Clarita could pass to Frankie he actually thought it could happen the way he perked up. He's such a joke!

Beckster, your husband is right on the ball on the fact that in Mexico a migrant woman with a child and no husband/boyfriend to give her "respectability" would be fair game. Ditto for a single woman without children. I missed that episode but didn't Gavi beat up on that guy in the field because he came on to her?
G.
 

The story as Clarita told Pilar is that she overheard Timoteo and the other thugs planning to rob Amador of the money he had just earned from selling a lot of cattle or animals. She went to Roman who called the police then the two of them jumped in the jeep to go find Amador in the dark to warn him. She gets to him just in time for the jeep to provide him protection. She does sit in the bushes but Amador told her to take better cover. Then just as the ammo runs out, the police or sheriff does show up and Amador and Roman grab the theives and let the police haul them away. Then afterward she tells that Amador swore them to secrecy to keep peace on the hacienda. Thus the bond of secrecy and honor was born.
 

Sniff. That was a five-hanky episode. Clarita and Gavi were crying together in the evening, like two "amigas" who shared a unfulfillable prediliction for rich, unavailable hacienda owners. . .and then in the morning went seamlessly back to mother-daughter squabbling. Loved it. Clarita saved Amador's life by overhearing the plot,then tipping off Roman so he could call the sheriff. Clarita looked pretty and classy as she recalled these events at the Montalvo's. I really enjoy looking at these people, and will miss them ever so. Those of you looking forward to the pirate saga...it's not getting such good reviews. Enjoy Desti while you can.
 

Clarita saved amador's life because
Timoteo (the guy who stole her money)
was plotting to kill Amador, she overheard and ran to the hacienda
told Ramon, who called the 5-0
and while they were waiting for the police to come (I guess 911 is a joke in their town, too) they hopped in Patron's jeep and went looking for him.

When they found him, warned him, tim and co. opened fire, she ran off, hid in the bushes because bushes are bullet-proof.
 

Oh! Now I get it! Thank you to those who explained how Clarita saved Amador's life. The vocab as she was telling that story suddenly got a lot harder and I got lost! Gracias!
 

Hmmmmmm. Gavi has curly hair/Roman has cury hair. Maybe he did not know she was pregant. You know the old "sex with a friend, oh let's stay friends and not have sex anymore" deal.
Happy Halloween
B in Mass
 

Wonderful recap
Wait.. A couple of surprises are in store..... Ah..
How do I know? I was in Mexico this summer and I have Mexican friends that blabbed the 'future' when I got back to the USA.. It doesn't ruin it for me at all
 

decie girl^^^Good point about Clarita accepting the hacienda so that Gavi and Rod can pool their holdings when they finally get together. Maybe Meester James will sell them the peanut farm. Sylvia^^^If you are looking for tummy aches, wait until you meet Dr. Erika, psychologist extraordinaire. [Like Dr. Loca in ''Duelo'' she's fallen in love with her patient [Rodrigooo]...she's a professional, don't ya know. And she has a whole wardrobe of chiffon party frocks [I think that she is channeling Sandra Dee...or maybe Doris Day.] She is soooo sweet that she just might give people tummy aches. Let's get this show moving along so that we can get rid of the chiffon and bring on those PIRATES !!
 

I want to thank all of you for explaining Clarita's story about the robbery. I couldn't understand a lot of the dialogue.

Since I haven't read anything good about the Pirates' telenovela, I am starting to think that it is a dud.
Has anyone heard otherwise?
 

Pasion--The good--it's filmed on the Colombian coast, an awesome place where real pirates roamed, I miss it dearly. The bad--the reviews of the plot and Susana Gonzalez. We're not gonna get to look at awesome Eduardo anymore, or Martha Julia, even Angelica makes us forget her age with the force of her acting. Too bad. Enjoy them NOW.
 

If you want to see a new clip of a love scene between Fernando and Susana from ''Pasion'' : http://www.todotnv.com Looks pretty good to me. It seems that a lot of people were upset that Susana replaced Carla's original choice to play Camilla..Adela Noriega. I am looking forward to seeing another historical drama by the winning team of Carla Estrada and Monica....and I can't wait to see Fernando as a pirate. I like the theme song , the costumes, the scenery. I am thinking positive thoughts.
 

Personally I thought Adele Noriega was a wimp.
 

Personally, I am willing to give Susana Gonzalez a chance, although she is not a conventionally pretty protagonist. Fernando Colunga, however, has never been my cuppa tea, and he has not aged well. More important to me and other detractors are the many historical errors, flubs, and anachronisms pointed out by jaded viewers on Spanish-language blogs. But given the dearth of Spanish-language programming in some areas of the country, especially mine, we cannot be too choosy.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder