Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Destilando 11/28: in which Pamela dangles various things in front of Aaron.

  • In London: yes, Clarita looks great in her new wardrobe. She is still pressing Gaviota about the Doctorcito. Gav is still saying there's nothing but friendship between them. When ma nags about Blandie later Gaviota retorts, "Stop nagging me about Blandie, better you should just flirt with Mr. Thomas." "Me get into such things at my age, como asi?!" Still, ma is wearing a lot of makeup and looks thoughtful.

    At bald Mr. Rosenberg's office Gaviota waits for him hour after hour. Finally getting five minutes of his precious time, she appears to be asking him to keep non-Jalisco agave-booze producers from using the name "tequila." He's not interested in her pleas and neither am I.

    [Is this Victor, the hunky gay pal of the heroine in Barrera de Amor? If so, he should just stop trying to speak English and instead take off his suit immediately. He's being underutilized. --Ed.]

    Rumors have wafted their way to London: Montalvo Corp. is in trouble. Blandie says they'll have to ask Av* about it - he's arriving this very day. Gaviota pretends she doesn't care and they deserve it: "Sow the wind, reap the storm."

    Av* arrives and Gav pumps him for Montalvo gossip. He is uncomfortable (he had promised to say nothing). He tells her to just do her work; as soon as he gets back to Mexico City he'll let her know what's going on. "He's hiding something!" she thoughtbubbles.

  • In jail: Rod is trying to write poetry on his nice tidy cot. He gasps and sweats and throws crumpled paper around. He remembers better days and vows: I've lost what I love most, but I'll get it back. He gets a gold star for having a completely pristine prison cell.

    Later he dreams that Gaviota is cradling little BigHeadBaby in her arms and he's all happy that the three of them are together, except Isa arrives with gendarmes and accuses Gav of stealing her baby and the gendarmes take Gav and Isa takes li'l Rickie. He wakes up gasping. He's losing it.

    Still later, he reads that wonderful rag, The Tequila Times, and sees a picture of Mariana doing all her wonderful things, and reads aloud to himself there in the prison library about how she's defending the name of Tequila against usurpers. Ah, my love, you're doing great things while I pay for a crime I didn't commit. He kisses the newspaper.

  • At Pilar's house, which consists of only one room as far as I know, Videgaray tells Dani that Aaron has engineered Rod's downfall. Dani is furious and says she'll go shout in his face. Pilar listens from behind the door and comes out saying she herself will confront Aaron.

  • Lluvia is interrogated. She tearfully exonerates Aaron and Patricio, saying she did her dirty work only with Oñate. She is taken away in manacles. Patricio still has a hot potato in his mouth which is probably why he says and does nothing as she passes murmuring for all to hear, "I'm sorry I abused your confidence." Noble, noble Lluvia! Patricio is a flaco for sure.

    Aaron tells Patricio he doesn't care what happens to Lluvia as long as she didn't implicate them in her testimony.

    Pilar barges into his office. "What are you doing here, Granny? You should be home taking your medicines." "You're perverse, what you've done is unpardonable, repugnant. You and your dirty work, don't ever come back to my house, I never want to see you again. You don't deserve your name." He mutters "you d#*n ruca (old lady)" to her departing back.

    [And this seals Aaron's fate. He must die, he dissed his grandmother. --Ed.]

    Patricio tells Lluvia, in lady's jail, that he isn't willing to sacrifice his future with her for that louse Aaron.

    Aaron reminds his shady lawyer: tomorrow is the trial. They should (I think) make sure Lluvia's tongue doesn't wag. "And the USB?" "Lower your voice! I'm on it, it will be in my hands today."

  • Rod is very upset that Oñate is playing hard-to-find, Oñate being the one to rat out Aaron. "I have to stay here till you find him? That could take months!" They hope Pam's info will be enough to do the trick even if Oñate stays lost.

  • Elvis, hearing from Pilar of her adventure: "You should have waited for me, I'd have watched your back. Take care of yourself, you need to be around for the grandchildren." She looks appalled and asks Dani what he meant by that. "You know he's full of jokes."

    Pilar: very upset Rod is in jail and that it's Aaron's fault. And now, mocha colored grandbabies??

  • Patricio barges into Aaron's office and yells, "You said nothing would happen and now my sweetie-pie is in jail." "Don't shout. We didn't know the government had that information..."

    Fedra comes in: "Pilar called me, all hysterical. Is it true you sued Rodrigo?" Patricio interrupts saying Lluvia's in jail. "Did she finger you guys?" "If she had," Aaron points out, "we wouldn't be here." "We're in no danger," says Patricio with no discernible emotion. Aaron promises he'll get Lluvia out of jail and they'll make some money. This, for some reason, causes Patricio to raise his voice. He doesn't care about the money, he wants his honey, and he's not going to let her suffer for Aaron. He swallows the potato (ouch) and exits.

    Aaron reminds his ma that Pam's in town and has the USB which can sink his boat.

  • Aaron arrives at Pamela's place. She doesn't have that death-warmed-over liver-and-onions look we've seen lately, she's dolled up and flaunting her bazooms, he says she looks beautiful. "What did you expect, I'd be all depressed because you jilted me?" "I was afraid you'd still hate me." "I won't deny I wanted to strangle you, but later I felt a grand nostalgia for all the good times. Really, why are you here?" "To see you." "Just that, well, you've seen me and you've drunk my whiskey, so you can go now. Get home early, don't have problems with your wife."

    Kissie kissie. I am afraid if Aaron presses on those lips too hard, the collagen will come squirting out, wouldn't that be ikky? Scene fades.

    [Minerva is calling his cellphone, it's turned off, she curses.]

    After - Whatever - might have happened in the other room - we see Aaron re-tying his tie and muttering, "Blasted wife, you're gonna kill me." "Where you going?" asks sultry Rubberlips in a pink satin something which is hideous with her weird hair. "It's late, I have to go, I'll call tomorrow." "I love you and I want to get you back." She gets one last perfunctory kiss and sighs into the commercial as the door closes behind him.

    Back home Minerva observes to her late-arriving husband: "Things are getting more complicated." "Yes, Rod could retract his confession but he has no proof against me. Anyway (knocks her on the head, she whacks him back, it's just like Punch and Judy) I won't tolerate your bad humor and ironic glances, don't look at me that way!" Stomps upstairs.

  • In Londres we see Meester Thomas entertaining Clarita, she thinks he's telling jokes and laughs and laughs, actually he's telling her about a plane crash he survived but which killed many of his friends. She's sort of embarrassed when Gaviota comes back and translates. He says no matter, he likes being able to make her laugh and say yes yes yes.

    [And now I just have to ask, why couldn't the casting director of this show find any actors who can actually speak English? Meester James is just a joke when he speaks English and Meester Thomas is hardly better. Bald Mr. Rosenberg is the third supposedly English guy in this show who is clearly uncomfortable with the language. Are there no English speaking actors in Mexico City? --Ed.]

  • Videgaray tells Daniela and Pilar: the key information is in Pamela's hands. Rod plans to retract his confession at the trial tomorrow. "But that won't solve the problem, will it?"

    Pilar is wringing her hands and she doesn't look so good. Videgaray leaves and Pilar's hand and leg are paralyzed and she falls to the floor comatose. Elvis calls an ambulance. She gets an MRI. It's a cerebral hemorrhage.

    Sofia and James rush to the hospital to join Daniela and Elvis. Minerva, Bruno and Fedra arrive.

    [The Daniela-and-Sofia shirt combination is unspeakably ghastly. Same for Minerva's dreadful hairband. Ridiculous costuming is heightening the tension. --Ed.]

    Fedra asks how Pilar is doing. "Do you really care? She's in Intensive Care, they won't know much till tomorrow, maybe she'll get better or maybe she'll stay in a coma so as not to hear what happens tomorrow at the trial. That would suit you, wouldn't it!"

    Team Rodrigo stamps out. Minerva says, "I told you we shouldn't have come." She dials Aaron. Fedra (who always knows what her son is up to) gasps in horror. "Don't frighten him! Let us take you back to the apartment, you can wait for him there and give him the news." "I hope he doesn't come home late, like last night!"

  • Ignorant of that particular unfolding drama [have you noticed there is NOT ONE telenovela without a hospital sequence?] Videgaray visits Pamela. I hope he's getting paid very well for all this gadding about. He wants to review her info. She first says she won't be at the trial the next day - he gets very upset and protest that they need her, that she's Rodrigo's only hope. She then says there is information coming from New York this night or the next day and if it comes in time she'll help at the trial with great pleasure.

  • I guess a day has gone by, because Aaron is outside Pamela's door again, this time with flowers, pacing in his cokehead fashion. She offers more whisky. "I don't have much time - Oh! - I forgot! - by the way, you wouldn't happen to have that USB drive of mine, would you? You didn't forget?" "How could I forget? I took it the day your wife called and threatened to sic the police on me." "Well, give it back, I need it for tomorrow, you'll save me a lot of money and trouble."

    "What do I get in exchange?" "Name it." "You, I want you." "How about we take a trip next weekend, wherever you like." "OK, it's a deal." "And my USB?" "It's in my safe in Guadalajara." He rescinds the trip and makes to leave and she says, "Oh, but it might be back in time." "I'm in love with you again," he says. Kissie.

    Later - around the time Minerva was trying to call him from the hospital - after some more - Whatever - in the back room, I suppose - as a cute little game Pam has hidden his car keys. Aaron's shouting and tossing the joint. "Stay longer, bichi (my little insect)!" "No, I have to go, keep the keys, I'll take a taxi."

    She dangles the keys, taunting "I guess I won't see you again?" He says "Just don't do it again. I'll see you tomorrow." Perfunctory kiss, he leaves. "I'm so enjoying my vengeance," she tells us.

  • Pilar is lying in her hospital bed in a coma, wearing no makeup. Elvis holds her hand and whispers tenderly: "Here I am, your black torment. I'll be outside waiting for you, I won't leave till I can carry you in my arms." He cries. What has she ever done to deserve his tenderness? Bravo, Elvis, you're way nicer than I am!

  • Finally, the trial commences and Rodrigo retracts his confession to the astonishment of the assembled cast.

  • Dang, I hoped I'd get to see Minerva storm in and find Bichi and Rubberlips together!

Labels:


Comments:
thank you very much for a wonderful recap, melinama. i especially enjoyed all your personal commentaries.

J.R. :)
 

Thank goodness for this cause I had to work tonight and missed all the action. And actually today was better than ever cause reading it in English helps with all the little things I usually miss.
 

Melinama, Thanks for your very entertaining commentary. The fashion asides are priceless. I particularly agree that Minerva looks awful in the headband and coupled with the raccoon eye makeup, why she just gives pregnancy a terrible image. Gavi's suits are still pretty silly but the cold weather is keeping her from baring her breasts or her tush. I notice she is in colored tights now to stave off the cold.
I thought the airplane crash story was a good if exaggerated illustration of the frustration of language barriers. Haven't we all taken something totally the wrong direction. That can happen even if you are getting 90% of it. But couldn't Clarita at least try to listen to tone and watch body language. She's missing so many clues while she slams down tequila shots. I do like her Londres, capital de Inglaterra wardrobe though. Someone said she now looks some of the part of a former Miss Mexico.
Well, you were dead right about Frankie disrespecting him mama and then look what his awful fate was. Aaron, I noticed has carefully been respectful to Fedra (at least a respectful as he can be to anyone). Now we will watch for your prediction of TN law to set his fate with destiny.
All in all I like the exhilaration of this final week. It's like the winds finally filling your sails after sitting in the doldrums (oh, these Pasión images do creep in).
 

Thanks for the recap Melinama.

I also thought that that Mr. Rosenberg was "hunky". He would have been a good rival for Gavi's affection had he shown up earlier.

Doesn't EY speak fluent english? Even though they're not utilizing him in an english speaking role, he's done films and some tv here in the US.

Elvis is a "good spirit", with an even better heart. Obviously he was taught to look beyond the physical, and to have respect for his elders.....no matter how cantakerous they are.

You're absolutely right, Aaron must die, he performed the big no, no, and further dissed his grandma with contempt. It's like her words didn't even put a dent in him.

Also, him and Minnie really need some therapy or something. What a sick, abusive relationship!

Lisa from Alpena
 

Melinama: Ditto on the thank you and you got it out so fast.

I know we're all keeping our focus on Destilando as it comes to a perilous but quick end. The Pasion clips are like putting a carrot in front of a donkey to keep it moving. Yes, as so many of you have been saying, Fernando Colunga is very fine - so I bought a copy of Alborada - solely for research purposes.

From lower Ala
 

Alpena: should Aaron get his therapy before or after he is squashed flat by the gods?

What ARE they going to do about Minerva? On the one hand, she has been as evil as all get out. On the other hand, she is a mother-to-be, and this show is very fond of mothers.

Though Isa did not appear in this episode, I must say I like her better - and think her acting is improved - in her rehabilitated humble state. What a meerkul.
 

Melinama: I'm still suspicious of Minerva. Is she really pregnant, or, does she have some other plot up her sleeve to produce a male heir? She went to Texas or Florida or somewhere else and comes back pregnant? Aw, come on!

From lower Ala
 

Hmm, you're right, in that case they could kill her off. But if she is really pregnant, I think the baby would have to be born before they squushed Minerva - and then, who would raise that baby? Fedra, the snake queen? Babies have to end up in nice places in telenovelas.

BigHeadBaby, for instance, despite his horrible genes, seems destined to end up with Isa, Jose, Rod, and Gaviota. Quite a lineup.
 

Right, Minerva is the only one of the Terrible Trio not to have repented and been redeemed. But let's take a look at her strengths: remember the episode where she and Isa were approached by the good-time businessmen at the bar. She has a strong sense of what appropriate behavior is. Maybe even an apprehension of right and wrong. She's definitely brighter than Sofia, and sharper in many ways than Isa (who isn't dumb). Even Aaron has acknowledged her intelligence lately. Chantal is the top-billed actress after Angelica, and in the past month, her character hasn't had much to do. She will, though.
 

I was being a little facecious Melinama. I truly think Aaron is a lost cause. If he does indeed ever get therapy, it will have to be while he's in purgatory trying to redeem himself in order to get into heaven.....cause as it stands he has a one-way ticket to the sub-sub basement!

Lisa from Alpena
 

So why is it that dissing mothers and grandmothers earns you year round residence with Smoky Joe from Down Below, but dissing wives and girlfriends isn't a problem?

M in MN
 

Thanks so much for your detailed recap, Melinama. I appreciate the recappers more than you know.

Right now I seem to have a problem with Pamela. I don't understand where she is taking this cat and mouse game with Aaron, while there are people in jail whose lives depend on the information that she has. I used to feel really sorry for Pamela, until her revenge included sleeping with Aaron again. Sleeping with him is just sick and nasty! To see the expression on his face, knowing it was me, and to watch him go down should be enough revenge. Why would she want to get caught up in the madness again? Didn't the first time make her sick (physically) enough?
 

Good call on Mr. Rosenberg. Yes, he's played by Manuel Landeta, he of the hot bod and the hotter dance moves. He was on Barrera and was also one of the best dancers on Bailando por la Boda. Coincidentally, Julio Camejo (Francisco/Panchito) was also a contestant on said dance show, but his moves were nothing like Mr. Rosenberg's.

I get very uncomfortable watching Pamela. I think you called it; I'm waiting for her lips to pop.

Wonderful recap, hilarious commentaries, thank you!
 

Thank you for the great recap! So many more anvils are about to fall! Too bad that all the good stuff has to happen near the end.

Can't wait to see Aaron's face when Pammy does her revenge on him!!!

I hope that Isa's father goes to jail! He's been too busy playing golf while Rod's in jail! I do feel sorry for Isa for having such crappy parents!

The only think I don't like about some novelas is that leave too many things left hanging at the end with no real conclusion. :(
 

Help help, I need a reality check. People are still talking about how snotty Pilar is to Elvis, I am just wondering if this scene I remember was a hallucination:

I THOUGHT that when the Montalvos found out about Isa and Frankie's affair, and that Baby-Bighead wasn't Rodrigo's, Pilar apologized for judging people by their appearances. She was referring to accepting Frankie as well as rejecting Elvis. That was several weeks ago. She's been nice to Elvis ever since (well, polite, anyway, and not at all snotty).

Am I nuts? Did I imagine that?
 

Sheesh, I need more coffee! The problem with novelas is sometimes at the end they leave too much unsaid. I like closure for all the characters, not just the important ones!
 

thanks, Melinama for the recap. One glaring fashion ityem- that goofy dress that Pammie was wearing when Aron showed up the next day; the one with the long straps hanging from the hemline... Why has Lluvia taking the fall for Aron? Doesn't make sense at all to me. She wasn't knowingly involved, was she? One question- was Ana Martin a Miss Mexico? She gave us "como asi" 3 times anoche. It's getting more fun each nite dorado dave
 

Pammie is a freak show! Every time Aron moved in for a kiss, she turned her head. I figured it was out of fear that the collagen would leak all over the place, rather than revulsion over kissing a slime bucket. And is it me or does Pilar look more lifelike in a coma than she does with her makeup & frightening face? There are lessons to be learned w/ these 2...beware of excessive plastic surgery. Thanks for the recaps...great show last night (I actually stayed awake for the whole thing).
M from CT
 

Thanks, Melinama for the stellar recap. AAron and Minerva as Punch and Judy..perfecto !!! I adore watching them bat and fuss at each other. Too much fun. As for Mr. Rosenberg, I think he was in Barrero, but he was outstanding in spandex jumpsuits in Bailando on Sunday nights. Sylvia and I were his most ardent and devoted fans. He is a terrific dancer and knows how to shake his booty. I'm not a big fan of the bald look , but Manuel could change all that. He is muy hot. About the supposed Englishmen who are Spanish speakers who THINK they are speaking with an English accent...it's just painful. As to Clarita's misunderstanding, I had a similar situation in my college French class. Madame Coulter [of the fine old pastelcolored wool suits and orthopedic oxfords] was telling us a story in French about her life in France one fine morning . As we left the class, my roommate looked at me and said, ''What is wrong you? Madame was telling us a sad story about someone getting a divorce and you were sitting there grinning and nodding your head.'' I never understood Madame because Miss Gracie Moore who taught me French, Latin, and literature in high school never spoke French to the class. She just had us memorize songs and poems in Latin and French. I can still sing them , but I still can't understand people speaking French. My students also often nod and smile when they have no idea what is being said. And AAron...it would be such a delicious stroke of cosmic justice if he was struck down by ingesting collagen that squirted from Pammy's plump lips during a particularly hard smooch. Also, I need something dreadful to happen to the wicked Minnie. Great recap, Melinama!
 

Thanks for the recap. I, too, was hoping Minerva would catch Aron & Pammie together - darn.

Three more nights to go, and so much left unresolved. Gosh, maybe all the baddies will drown in an epic flood. What was that American soap that used a flood to clear out most of the actors?

Aron is unredeemable now, after dissing abuela. The only question is how will he meet his end? I could have some sick fun imagining the possibilities. ;)
 

I have been thinking about Isa...It seems to me that she has dawning comprehension of her connection to Ricky and recognizes the same type of connection Dona Jose had with Panchito. She never had that connection growing up nor did any of her friends and family. It was all about "what can you do for me?" It would follow that she and Dona Jose would develop this connection with a life now entertwined. What does she have to go back to anyway?
 

Every time I see Pammy's lips I flash back to Goldie Hawn in some show or movie with lips inflated like goodyear tire inner tubes. They took up most of her face.
I want Aaron to feel real pain and humiliation but I think the best way to punish Minerva may be to make her stick around watching it all come down and end up alone with the knowledge that she bet her supposedly high flying morals on the wrong horse after all.
 

Oh and Dorado Dave, I checked on the Miss Mexico title for Ana Martín and she won it in 1963 when she would have been just 16 or 17.
 

I know this isn’t real pivotal to the plot, but who exactly is Mr. Rosenberg? What’s his position? Why is he so important that Gavi would spend a whole day in the waiting room just to wear him down so he would see her? Last night watching I got completely lost – Gavi was talking real fast, and for some reason the captions were lagging. At least after reading the recap (thank you – it was informative and super funny!) I now know what she was trying to get across to him.

I’m glad his supposed nationality (English) has been cleared up – thank you! I was thinking maybe he was French. Amazing (and amazingly handy) how he switched to Spanish – that must’ve been a relief for the actors.

I’ve heard that the Mexican hospitals can be quite good, but on the novelas all anyone ever gets is oxygen. And it looked more like a CT scan machine than an MRI, unless they’re making ones that are less claustrophobia-inducing
 

Melinama, the title you came up with is too funny!! As a matter of fact, one of the things I enjoy about the recaps are the great titles the recappers think up!!!
To all the recappers....Thank YOU!
You make the novelas so fun!
 

Great recap. All I can think of for Minerva's "anvil" is a baby with Aaron's personality. Watch those bottles and toys fly through the air and crash.
B in Mass.
 

Hilarious about how all novelas have a hospital scene - too true and usually way off base. Pilar had a CT scan which is right for a stroke (had a little one myself and freaked at the scan). Tonight everyone is sure to visit granny decked out in gowns and masks which always happens in Noveleland but is not true in real life.

The two anvils that hit Aron last night - 100 pounds of furious abuela and 175 pounds of mumbles Pat didn't affect him at all. I suspect that only rubber lips will do the trick.

The butchered English speaking made me think that my Spanish probably sounds the same. A for effort for most of them but Gavi and Clarita sound robotic.

Interesting little humor here. I just got back from the mall and sat in the cafe going through an issue of TV & Novelas. There was a hilarious question from someone wanting to know where to buy the kind of cell phones that Aron uses since they seem to be indestructible. Made me laugh out loud getting some odd looks in the process.

I'm a fan of manuel Landeta who is a great dancer and a good actor. He finally got fed up with the bad rugs and went for the bald look.
 

Thanks Melinama for a great recap. I love the title. Pamela is one of the characters that I've liked all along in this novela. But I'm a very dissappointed with the way she using the evidence to have Aaron back in her life. During the time that Aaron was still likeable dispite some of his deeds, I used to love to see the interaction between the two of them. The way Pam could tame that madman was amazing. She knows she has the evidence that is going to be his downfall and plan to use it to seek revenge. She's calls making a date with him, kissing him, accepting roses, making love with him revenge? If a guy jilted me the way he did her, my pride and self respect would not allow me to let him touch me in any manner. She thinks it's OK since she supposedly isn't sincere. But, niether is he. So, my advice to Pam is even if you still love the guy, stop playing games. Turn over the evidence before Aaron becomes impatient and gets the idea of hiring a hit man.
 

thanks melinama!

in re to the language issue, i totally agree: why don't they just get an english speaking actor?? it would be so much more credible. maybe it's a work permit issue in mexico.
 

I'm going to play the "devil's advocate" in response to some of the comments about the bad imitation of English accents. Don't forget that this novela is aimed at a Spanish speaking audience. If Spanish is your first (and perhaps) only language, you would not be a good judge of what constitutes a believeble imitation. Unless they are main characters, it probably wouldn't be cost effective to consider use an English speaking actor for such minor roles. James' phoney accent is an exception to anything I've said here. His accent is not only unbelievable, it's irritating.
 

Hey friendly editors, what happened to recap 11/27/07? It's M.I.A. And I'm sketchy on this episode's conversation between Isa and Dona Jose. Help! Please!
 

Did anyone notice that the woman --judge or whatever she was supposed to be-- in the Lluvia sentencing was the missing Tia Leonarda from Amar Sin Limites?
 

Anon 5.30:

Hmmm, I added it under the Destilando Label but I don't see it either. I guess I've been doing it wrong...I'll look at the site after I leave work; meanwhile, you can read the 11/29 recap if you scroll down once you enter the Caray Caray site.
 

Thanks so much Melinama!

I was very impressed with how good Abuela Pilar looked without makeup. Maybe if they didn't usually load so much makeup on her she wouldn't look so stiff.

Although I too was noticing how bad all the accents were on the "english" characters, I agree with Anon 5:13 - the telenovela is made for spanish speakers, we just get to enjoy as special guests!
 

Thanks again Melinama! I enjoy the side commentaries.

I would like Aaron to find out that his mother had an affair, and he's not really a Montalvo. Wouldn't that hurt his ego???
jb
 

The tale of Rosenberg:

He is selling a product that he calls "tequila" which does not meet the CRT's requirements for the genuine article. (I think he's growing the agaves outside of Mexico, or at least outside of Jalisco... I didn't pay much attention.) Since defending tequila's honor is the CRT's prime directive, Gavi went over there to convince him to stop calling his product "tequila."

Usually this stuff is sold as "mezcal" or some other name instead. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mezcal)
This doesn't have to be a losing proposition for the seller. High-quality mezcal has a mystique all its own and there are some very nice (and pricey) brands.

It's sort of like how you can buy "sparkling wine" and you say "gee this is just like champagne but cheaper." They have to call it "sparkling wine" because only stuff made from a certain type of grape in a certain region of France can be called "champagne."

So, that's what Gavi was so excited about. Yawn. ;-)
 

Anonymous 5:30, I've now added that episode to the sidebar. I've said it many times before: if you don't find an episode you want in the sidebar, it may be because posting there is NOT AUTOMATIC it is a MANUAL process and if a recapper forgets, then the recap is on the site but not on the sidebar. If you suspect there is a missing recap, go to our MAIN PAGE that is http://caraycaray.blogspot.com and just scroll down! You will find it. You can do it!
 

Hi everyone. Probably the only guy on here, but lordy are you ladies great at recapping! You see such funny things and dare to say out loud what crosses my mind, like calling that baby big head and the Englishman "bald." I know, it's so obvious, but funny when you say it out loud.

When my Spanish gets better I'd like to take a crack at recapping someday.

Destilando is maybe my third novela, and the best so far. Do you all agree that it was a good one as novelas go?

Keep up the great work.
 

Rob:

Believe it or not you're not the only guy here.

My Spanish was terrible when I started recapping. I'm lucky they didn't kick me out of here.

Destilando is my favorite novela so far, more than LFMB, Heridas, and Mundo put together. Must be the tequila.
 

Duly noted! Thank you, Melinama from Anon 5:30. I am now up to date and have read the 11/27/07 tribute to the tree. You and your recappers are the best.
 

Hey Rob,

One of our earliest and fantastic recappers is a guy, Chris Ferro, he's doing Amar Sin Limites right now but is shifting over to Pasion as of this coming week. We love his perspective, and we have several other guys who comment regularly. It's great to get the male perspective.
 

Rob: Welcome. FYI, many of our husbands and boyfriends watch alongside us nightly, faithfully, for the very same reasons that you do. The more the merrier!
 

P.A. --Rating DA versus other telenovelas? A good telenovela for me has all the plot elements plus a good bit of a believable surprise twist, advanced dialogue/scripting, great chemistry between the leads, and commands your attention during airtime as well as commands your thought processes afterwards. The better the emotional rollercoaster ride the better the telenovela, despite its overall production faults. As telenovelas go it has been an 8 for me, along with La Otra. I would say Amarte Es Mi Pecado and El Manantial were absolute 10's for me.
 

I love Destilando Amor, but my favorite telenovelas are the historical ones I've seen , Amor Real and Alborada. So, now I am looking forward to you-know-what....PIRATES !!! First mare Mary Cherry Fizz
 

Thanks for the welcoming remarks, folks. I'd definitely like to stick around. When I was a kid and a young man (55 now), I could not for the life of me understand how anyone could watch or care about a soap. I used to laugh at middle aged women who cared. Now I can't understand not caring.

Curious about something: I imagine this is anathema, but do any of you all get the spanish translations from Mexico, which appear to be 2-3 weeks ahead of the U.S. series, and (gulp) read them? I was ashamed of myself but couldn't stand the suspense and so I read ahead to the end a couple of weeks ago. I don't want to do it again, but it helps me sleep better.

Man I love that Elvis, though. Seriously.
 

The actor that plays mr Thomas is Mexican american actor that acted not on Mexico and the us.he passed away from cancer in New York in 2011
 

JB, I just saw this and wanted to welcome you to Caray! Caray! If you don't see your comments publish right away, it's because any comments posted 10 days+ after the page was published have to be moderated. Please feel free to comment anyway! I will be looking out for your comments. I watched this TN a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Since this TN is currently being aired, you can also post your comments on the "Daytime TNs" page and you might get some feedback.

Thanks for the info on "Mr. Tomas"! I had not realized who it was until now. I watched several of his father's (oldies) movies but didn't realize Pedro Jr. was also an actor.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder