Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Yo Amo a Juan- Mon.11/19, Paula's In the E.R., C.L. Gets Ready to Go to Erehwon

Pastor is on his office phone with Juan who is at the hospital. I wouldn't ask you this favor (to be off work) if it weren't so important. Pastor sees no problem with it but Juan should advise Paula. Juan says, Paula already knows, (clearly they are hiding Paula's little visit to the ER). Pastor starts to say are you absolutely sure you are telling the truth... Juan cuts him off with a thanks and hurriedly ends the conversation. Take care Juanito. [how can he look so good in that white shirt after his night up, thankfully that hideous green jacket is gone].

Cut to Yadira and Marely on the stairs. What are you doing here, Marely says. Well, I had a fight with Enrique and he's still sleeping it off (durmiendo la mona, as in sleep off a drinking bout). the slug. Nidia appears asking, why are you questioning Yadi and not yourself. where did you sleep last night, brat (escuincle). Marely confesses to having been with Juan. You slept with Juan!!??, they chime in stereo. Yadi says at least someone had a ball (pasar la bomba). Oh tell me about it, was it incredible (brutal). You had better luck than I did. We need to congratulate her. Both Yadi and Nidia look amazed and disappointed at being left out...) It was so amazing (suave), Juan and I were together the whole night. Oh yes, we made love like animals in a five star hotel. We drank champagne and watched a movie rated XXX! It was a fury of pleasure (rabia de gusto). NIdia plays the shocked mother, you're not the kind of woman who goes to a hotel with a man and spend the night when she isn't even married. Yadi is enviously empathetic, but Mommy it wasn't just any old man she was with, it was JUAN...Juan. Nidia says but I almost thought of him as a son with a distinctly un-motherly sigh.
Marely, says I wanted to be discreet but that is impossible around here so now you know. And some of us have to go to work and leave this kingdom of old gossips. She caresses her own body and slinks out the door. Leaving Nidia and Yadira in spasms of lust.

A quick transition to Acapulco with an athletic, graceful diver jumping off a cliff. Our poor little Enrique looking anything but athletic or graceful is taking his own dive on the phone with the hotel operator asking if by chance they know where is wife might be. She took a taxi to the airport very early this the morning.

Back at the hospital, Juan comes through the door with a bowl of food (red jello is my guess) and coaxes Paula to having just a little spoonful to make her strong. (how does jello make one strong?) She says she isn't hungry but just tired. He treats her like a small child and shovels spoonsful of whatever it is into her mouth, as he sits on the bed. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I think it would be better for you to let Cesar Luis know you are here. She says, the last thing I want to do is talk to that man. Juan, says give me just one reason why not.

Marely walks into the office and sits at her desk. Quickly CL crosses the room and asks if Paula is in her office. (CL maintains such a shield, I think he actually believes himself). Marely demurely says no she is not in. She called her at home to say she was ill. Ill, what does she have. Marely, the good protective secretary says, it's some stomach thing. I think she had too much food at the wedding and that made her feel ill. CL, backs off saying he will be in his office if needed.

Paula in bed. What happened last night is the end of the story with this man. She and Juan discuss the suffering and pain of love. She says the verb to love should be the verb masochist (look, we know Paula is dumb, she also is confusing the parts of speech, I could swear that masochist is a noun).

Meantime, Nidia and Yadira are still sitting on the stairs sighing lustfully in stereo. Marely finally won the big one ohhhh like animals, she remembers. More duet of the sighs... Nidia, ever the sage advisor says, we have to get back to the real world. Now what are you going to do with your husband?? I told you what I am doing, Mama. Nidia says there are arrugadas (wrinkles, problems but the priest told her at the wedding that vows are for life. Yadi, whines no, I'm not going to an inferno of snores with that orangutan. Nidia, repeats, you have to return to your husband. No, Mama, god forgive me. Nidia reminds her that her honey moon is still there at that expensive little hotel. Saved by the phone ringing, NIdia makes Yadi get up to answer it and guess who, its Enrique: I want to know why you left without telling me. She says, I wanted to return (home). He goes from sweet to irritated and says, I demand an explanation, I am your husband. Yadi, well husbanddddd, I don't have to explain anything. He demands that she return to the hotel. She counters with if you want to see me, you return and if I can and want to, we will talk. Upon hanging up, she assures NIdia, we'll see who wears the pants!

Another phone ringing in Ana's bedroom. It's CL who identifies himself and asks if he woke her. Well, yeah, she grumps. I wonder if I could talk with Paula... She left. He retorts, left, how strange, she reported in sick to Marely. Ana, quickly picks up the baton with oh, right, she left for the pharmacy. How good that you WOKE ME UP because I am already late for work.

Marely is surreptitiously dialing and asking for the woman in room 203. Juan is administering water and answering the phones. Marely, asks how Paula is doing. Then, please put Paula on phone. She tells Paula, I am glad that you are better. But, I need to tell you that CL is asking for you. When I told him you woke up sick, he didn't seem to believe me. Just then CL crosses the room to hear better while Marely says, what shall I tell him? Paula says, nothing. I am still sick! Marely gets off the phone, I gotta go, I'll talk to you later. CL then says did Paula's chauffeur show up yet? Marely phones down to the garage and reports back to CL, no he did not arrive yet. Break to Commercial, although Marely was doing a nice little Cecily water product placement on her desk...

CL enters the garage and asks Fernando if Señor Dominguez has arrived yet. He observes that even though Paula has called in sick, Juan should have come in to see if he needed any coverage. Do you have the remotest idea why Juan hasn't arrived. Just as Fernando is saying no again, Monica arrives and Fernando helps her out of the driver's seat. CL says snidely, you always arrive sooo early. She returns, I try to. How did things go last night at the end? He shuffles his feet and says a little bit alone but I'm not complaining. She goes on to a new subject. Can we talk, since your trip to Spain is a fact, we need to meet to go over operational issues for the company so the change over won't effect the business. If you don't have time today that's fine but we shouldn't delay too long. I want to take advantage of the little time you have left in Mexico. He takes her arm and they go off while he says, now is perfect.

Marely is on the phone to Juan telling him that CL has asked for him again. But Juan says he already talked with Pastor. Marely says ohhh, there is another little thing we can't wash away... I made a scandal at the house because they knew I was gone and your bed had not been slept in. So I was sick of their questions and wanted to be left in peace. So it became: It was so unbelievable (brutal) and the 5 star hotel and toasting with champagne and all those things. Juan looking alarmed, all WHAT things. Oh you know, expressing the best repressed desires...Juan looks scared and shocked as he hangs up.

More mundanely back in CL's office he and Monica are going over issues. Just as Gaytan if you need help. Monica, asks isn't he going to announce to the staff that she will assume the presidency. Why don't we call a meeting and tell them now? CL, more nervous, What's your hurry? Well, she says slyly, how many days do you have left, don't you have a firm departure date set yet?
What's happening, he stammers. She smiles again, it's only that I don't believe one word about your trip. I think it's rigged to impress Paula.

Acapulco diver jumps again: Kiki in a little boy voice is saying, oh my queen I beg you to come back. Yadi, I see we've changed our tone a bit. He says, it's annoying to not have my woman at my side for our first night together. The weather is luxurious, the beach is ... and we have paid. She retorts, you sound just like my Mother. He worries about damage to the baby. (Is the constant bickering good for unborn babies??) She snaps back, if you are interested in our marriage, you have to return here. Is that your last word. I demand that you come back, I am the man of the house. Dial tone indicates her reaction. Next call is a humble little voice asking for a taxi to the airport.

Back to CL: How can you believe I invented this trip to Spain. This is my life and I am putting into play my future. Monica asks, yours or yours with Paula? He says, the future with Paula doesn't exist. Monica smiling ever wider, says it depends on whether this lie works on her. He sputters, what an imagination you have! Monica says, I know you so well CL, you invented this simply to get Paula to return to your side. CL: Your theory is so beautiful, how do you propose that this would serve me? I have nothing left for me in this country. Your psychological theories about me are just all wrong. I'll show you how serious I am. He picks up the phone and orders Gaytan to call an administrative staff meeting immediately.

Nidia and Alirio are coming down the stairs with Alirio in high whine mode. NIdia chides him for being in this hung over state because he was out tying one on with his work buddies last night. He says everything is spinning, he's dizzy, he's really, really sick. And she just quips that the fresh morning air works miracles and he has to go to work. He even implores Yadi to reason with her mother but no. She wants him out of the house. After, Yadi wants to go shop for baby things but Nidia has a very important meeting and nobody is going with her....

Cute bear comes into the hospital room followed by the cute body, err I mean Juan doing everything to cheer up Paula. But he is being cute to an empty bed!! Switch scenes to Paula and the doctor. He says this is not the first or the last time for this behavior, you are risking your life as you know. You are lucky to be alive. It would be better to confront your problems in another manner, you need to seek help, or are you trying to commit suicide? Break for commercials. The doctor persists, the blood analysis shows the presence of anxiety or anti-depression drugs. and the amount of alcohol in your system could have killed you. Paula says in disbelief and big time denial, you think I would try to end my life. It wasn't deliberate. Didn't your doctor warn you not to mix this drug with alcohol, well yes, but I haven't taken them for a while and I didn't drink much (yeah, the he's heard this one look spreads across his face.) But he says, your mother will be relieved to hear that it wasn't deliberate. Paula, she thinks I tried to commit suicide? Well, yeah we all do. Do you want me to talk to your mother for you? No, I can talk to her myself.

Back in CL's office in front of the Admin. staff, CL announces he is going to Spain for an unknown period of time but long enough that the operations need to be turned over to someone and Monica will assume the president's position (I'm trying hard not to think sex thoughts here...) There is nothing to worry about things will go on the same and there won't be layoffs. Monica then says a few words about how she will keep things running smoothly and will count on the able staff to help her and they should know they can count on her. Everyone applauds except Yvonne who has a look of horror etched on her face.

Back at the hospital, Paula emerges from the Doc's office and Juan wants to carry her back to her bed. She wants to go alone and be alone and she wants Juan to go back to work. He hesitates and pleads to stay there to help.

CL is now alone with Gaytan in his office and reveals that things got out of his hands and he had no intention of going to Spain and Paula is playing sick because she saw him outside his apartment with Monica and she is playing this game again with Juan so where is Juan. Gaytan leaves to make an urgent call for Juan to show up or be fired. Yvonne burst (or busts, in her case) into CL's office and begins to cry.

Nidia dresses in slinky, sexy red from head to toe and admires herself in the mirror while Yadi peeks from another room.

Yvonne avers that she loves CL and can't imagine not seeing him every day. All she want to do is breath the air that he breaths even though he devalues and deloves her (desamor is a uniquely Spanish term, but I like it). CL is rather touched by her protestation of love and lifetime devotion and gives her a big hug. And guess what, yep, Monica walks in to see it.
Well, previews include Monica's instant lights on realization. And Nidia shows up at the...Market to hug Angarita and that sneaky Yadi is hiding behind vegetables to observe all! FIN.

Labels:


Comments:
Wanted to make sure that everyone knows that Juan is going to be shown on Thanksgiving - 2 NEW EPISODES - 2 HOURS! From 7 to 9pm. Destilando Amor will be shown for 2hours also but they will be 2 repeated episodes from 9 to 11pm. Amar sin Limites will not be given. On Friday everything goes back to normal.

- Anita
 

Cheryl, thanks for doing this Monday recap! Last night was packed (as they are increasingly) and it’s great to have this terrific recap!

“how can he look so good in that white shirt after his night up, thankfully that hideous green jacket is gone “ Yeah, Juan really can look mighty good after all night sitting around a hospital, and the party and wedding before that. I’d be a sweaty mess. Not our Juanito, he’s fresh as a daisy. At least he doesn’t look like one since he took the jacket off.

Doncha love Marely when she gets sweetly sarcastic? She was tremendous messin’ with her Mami’s and sister’s minds. I was so proud of her!

“Leaving Nidia and Yadira in spasms of lust.” That was the best part of Marely’s little discourse on her night!

“Paula to having just a little spoonful to make her strong. (how does jello make one strong?)” LOL—maybe her fingernails.

Moni was way cool, calling CL’s bluff about Spain. Will he or won’t he? Great job, Moni.

“Nidia and Alirio are coming down the stairs with Alirio in high whine mode.” ROTFL!!! Wasn’t he, though? His whine is about the most irritating one I’ve ever heard!

Paula not only doesn’t have her grammar down too well, but she also has a failing memory. The doc last week CLEARLY told her no booze with that pharmaceutical stuff. And she’s a vice president??

“Yvonne burst (or busts, in her case) into CL's office and begins to cry.” LOL! She did a pretty convincing job, though, and I felt sorry for her. My hubby, who speaks about two words of Spanish and only under duress, understood this scene just from her performance.

Oh, what fun it’s going to be to add Anga to Nidia’s mix here.

Anita, thanks for the info! I volunteered to do Thanksgiving. Whew. It might not be up until Saturday.

Jeanne
 

Great title, too!

Schoolmarm J
 

Thanks for the help on getting my pic into this, Cheryl!

Schoolmarm J
 

Captain Jenny, Thanks for noticing the title, I figured someone with a love of literature would notice. and your picture looks great. We are ready for Pasión!
 

Yes, I admit I had to look it up to refresh my memory, but that was a gem for the title of this episode.

Schoolmarm Jeanne
 

Oh dear, I had such a busy day at work that I haven't had a chance to read your wonderful recap until now. Whew! Your recap and a glass of wine is the perfect remedy to a long day.

What a great description you gave of Marely fibbing to Nidia and Yadi about her night of love. She was quite the little imp first with mom and sis and then later with Juan.

Yes, I thought it was red jello too! Ick! (Unless it's a jello shot of course, and then it's OK)

Sometimes I, too, wonder if CL believes his own lies. I love the way that Monica trapped him.

Heh heh, funny slam on Paula. I guess she never studied grammar. Or listens to her doctors...stoopid cow!

I adore Nidia. She is voluptuous and zaftig and clearly thinks she is hotter than any young skinny thing. By the reaction at the market all the men think the same thing. Long ago one of my dear friends from Mexico gave me his opinion on the female form..."The bone is for the dog, the meat is for the man." I recall that whenever I see Nidia slinking around.

Very clever title and the prelude to a terrific recap. Cheryl, you are too funny!

Hey Captain Cash, I like your picture.
 

Cap'n Eve-

"Yes, I thought it was red jello too! Ick! (Unless it's a jello shot of course, and then it's OK)" LOL! Indeed!

Glad you like the pic-it cost Cheryl a lot of work to walk me through getting it up there.

Schoolmarm
 

To tell you the truth, I don't even know how I got mine up. I fiddled and fiddled and then Voila, I got lucky. There is no way I could instruct someone how to do it. That's my approach to all things technical, I kind of stumble along until I get it right. Or right enough. Cheryl is a saint for walking you through it but the result is worth it!

Yikes, sorry about dumping the long Thursday recap on you. I did NOT know it was a double.
 

¡Cap'n Eve, no importa! It's just fine! It's not like I was going anywhere now with hubby sick and all. He'll probably be glad for me to be out of his hair (what's left of it). There's football, after all. LSU and Auburn are both playing. He's going to be in alt. (Only problem is he has no voice, so he'll be signing at the the television).

I told Cheryl when it's time to change that one, I'll have to have a hand-holding again. At least I can follow directions pretty well when they're given so clearly.

;-)

Schoolmarm J
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder