Friday, March 21, 2008

Guapos Thursday, March 20, 2008. Andrea. Andrea. Andrea. You are, like, soooo totally busted girlfriend!

A lot happened tonight, so I didn’t have as much time as I’d like to rewind and re-check. Any corrections or additions are most welcome! Since I missed yesterday’s show, I’m not sure what is leftovers, so here goes from the start: (For those who love the ponytail look on Alex, this episode’s for you!)

Luci is at the convent asking about Mili’s past, but the padre says he came when she was 6 and doesn’t know anything. He asks a sister to show her out and Luci takes the opportunity to dig a bit. She says how dear Mili is and how she seems to be so lonesome for her mother. Oh, she died, says the sister, explaining about how the mom was sick, never said a word, delivered Mili and died. (I have been wondering how Mili knew her mother died of grief over a lost love if she never said a word. But I digress.) Luci says then Mili must be a child of silence.

At the office Andrea brings Connie some tea. Please sit, he says, you must still be convalescing. She asks, when are you going to knock it off with the irony? Probably never, smiles Connie. How are things with Alex Connie asks. I got him back, Andrea says. You’re wasting your time with him, says Connie. Not as much as I did with you, she fires back. Anyway, things are have been divine over the last month, we go out, we talk. So you’re a couple again, Connie asks. Not really quite yet, says Andrea, but I’ll get him back 100%.

Hugo is talking to Vale at a table in the garden. I know how it is to be deceived, says Hugo, taking her hand. I feel really alone, says Vale. Welcome to the club, says Hugo. When we were at the Rodeo, says Vale, I thought I could forget easily, but now… I go between missing him and hating him. Do you miss him or do you just miss having a boyfriend? asks Hugo. I don’t know says Vale. Aw, rain is falling in her little teen heart, but she smiles bravely.

She asks how things are going with Mili. We’re going out, says Hugo, but I know she’s not it love with me, and that hurts. We’re quite a pair, huh? says Vale.

Connie has asked Carla to come into his home office and close the door. He asks what Damien is up to, but she says, nothing at the moment. He’s just griping about having lost his shares, she says, but he doesn’t know that you tricked him out of them. And he will never know, warns Connie. Here’s your monthly money, he says, giving her nice thick wad of bills. She lights up, puts them down her bosom and does a happy little shimmy.

Cut to Damien standing by a window, the light on him just so. I have to get back what’s mine, he rumbles to himself. But how?

Mili comes into Connie’s home office and says I feel bad about last night. Don’t worry says Connie, nobody’s going to hit you again. I don’t mean that, says Mili, I mean about the apology. I wish I could talk to Luci, but she doesn’t want to see me. I like to get along with everybody, particularly here in the house. I think she is a good person, just confused. Confused? says Connie. Yes, says Mili, I think she thinks poor people aren’t human. Probably she was raised that way. Connie is not unkind, but he says she could talk with her, but right now he has a lot to do, and then he asks Mili to bring him some coffee. He smiles gently after she’s gone.

Rorgan is sitting in the sunny kitchen, thinking. Horacio comes in, helps himself to a banana and sits down to chat. Rorgan says he is meditating on how to get out of being poor. He has been reading some of Connie’s finance magazines and how he’s hit on the idea that he should start a small business – he and Horacio. Horacio looks surprised and doubtful.

Braulio has a big gilded vase in his arms and is standing in the foyer, upbraiding Lina for almost breaking it. Lina says it’s just a vase! It’s from China! says Braulio. Luci overhears and comes in as Lina exits. She and Braulio discuss how Connie brought it from China and how it’s one of the things he values most – Luci takes it in her arms. (I’m guessing it will soon be shards.)

Mili comes in and says to Luci that she wants to talk to her, that it’s okay about the slap and that she would like them to not to have bad feelings between them. Sure, says Luci, and she throws the vase to the ground. (Wow, that happened sooner than I thought!) She yells for Connie, who comes running. My vase! He is devastated. Mili did it out of willfulness, says Luci, and Braulio saw it happen. (I guess she forgot the peasant revolt in the kitchen a month or so ago - this is what liquor does to your brain cells.) Mili is distraught – it wasn’t me! It wasn’t me! No, says our stalwart Baulio to Luci, you dropped it on purpose.

Mili drops to her knees to pick up the pieces, but Connie pulls her up and says never mind, there are some things that just cannot be repaired and he gives Luci a significant glare and stomps off. Luci tells Braulio she’ll talk to him later. Braulio tells Mili to pay her no mind. Mili says you were good to stand up for me. Braulio looks touched, but says, go ahead and clean this up. As she cleans up he strikes a noble pose behind her and thoughtbubbles No one will destroy you like they did your mother.

Damien is in his room, checking himself out in the mirror and shooting his cuffs. Carla comes in and is counting her stack of bills. From Constancio, she says. Look out, he says, business with him never comes out even. Wanna triple your money? Let’s go to the track! How ‘bout I take you, she says coquettishly. Okay, he says. He kisses her but his eyeballs are all over those bills.

Back in the kitchen, Horacio is giving Socorro charming compliments to good effect. Rorgan comes in and slaps him on the back – hi, partner! Partner? says Socorro. Rorgan says they’re going to start a small business and grow it into a big one.

Andrea and Alex have come back from seeing a musical comedy. She hangs on him and says she loved it and the dinner too. Wouldn’t he like to come up to her room? We’ve already talked about that, says Alex. She hangs on him some more and says I’d like things to get back to where they were, us a couple, us making plans, us getting married. We could have another child.

Alex is exasperated. He tells it like it is: don’t try to push me to have feelings that I don’t have. Right now we’re getting along, we’re doing things together, and who knows what the future will bring. That’s all I can offer you now, don’t pressure me! Damien has appeared at the door and is listening.

Alex departs and Damien comes in and says to Andrea wouldn’t you like a drink – I think you need one. Your approach isn’t exactly brilliant. You have waved off Connie and it’s obvious Alex is getting cooler every day. I know, says Andrea. You’re only holding two aces in your hand, says Damien, and you better play ‘em right.

What do you recommend? Andrea asks. Well, says Damien, I think you should do something you do very well – seduce Connie. That way you have him in your hand should Alex decide to hoof it. I’ll think about it says Andrea.

The girls dorm, everyone is asleep except Mili. She drops out of her bunk and pads to the kitchen for some juice. She hears voices and goes to investigate. She sees Damien and Andrea in the sitting room, and hovers out of sight. Andrea is saying they have a lot in common. Damien comments that Andrea sure has recuperated fast for someone who had a miscarriage. Oh, I was never pregnant, says Andrea. Really? says Damien who doesn’t look very shocked. You think I’d let myself get pregnant? It’d make me look fat and you know I’d abhor that. It was a lie to trap Alex, says Andrea. And that miscarriage? asks Damien. A little lie too. You sure fooled everyone says Damien. Yes, everyone, says Andrea. Good acting says Damien, you deserve an Oscar.

You won’t be blabbing to Alex now will you? says Andrea. And miss the show? says Damien. I want to see how it all comes out. It’ll come out with Alex and me getting married, says Andrea, and that little snippet dying of guilt [or something like that – I’ not quite sure of that last bit]. Mili looks furious and takes off. I’m off to bed, says Damien. How ’bout you? I’m going for a glass of water, says Andrea.

Of course she runs into Mili in the kitchen. You! She says, surprised. Liar liar pants on fire says Mili. What? says Andrea. I saw you with Damien – I overheard everything. Andrea looks disconcerted for one nanosecond, but she immediately recoups. No one will believe you, she smiles. How could you do such a thing? Mili demands. What you did – there’s not even a word for it. Yes there is, says Andrea, “victory.” I have Alex. A baby – pleads Mili, how could you even think of doing such a thing? Because I’m intelligent, much more intelligent that you, says Andrea. All’s fair in love and war! Not all, says Mili! You made me think you’d lost your baby! I have never been pregnant, says Andrea and never will be. Do you think I’d give up this figure (she does a turn) for a baby?

I’m going to tell Alex, says Mili. You think he’s going to believe you? scoffs Andrea. She blows Mili and kiss and heads off for bed. Mili is confused, distraught.

Exterior shot of the mansion to let us know it’s daytime again.

An anxious Andrea rushes into the hallway and grabs Damien and takes him to what looks like Connie’s home office and tells him that Mili knows, she overheard everything. Damien is enjoying this – he says I’m eager to see how you get out of this one! Wipe off that smile says Andrea. I need you to lie…

I thought that was your specialty smiles Damien. Andrea says listen – I need you if anyone asks to deny our conversation ever happened. Particularly Alex, huh? says Damien. I know she’s going to go straight to him, says Andrea. And what are you going to do about that asks Damien. Never mind, I’ve got it all thought through, says Andrea, looking none too confident. Lucretia Borgia has nothing on you, says Damien appreciatively. (We should note that Andrea has not yet actually murdered anyone except a pretend fetus.)

The girls dorm – it’s blue uniform day. Mili is perched on her top bunk. Lina wants to know what’s up. Mili doesn’t want to say – she just says it’s something she can’t resolve because nobody will believe her. I will says Lina. Gloria has come in. It’s Alex who won’t believe me says Mili. Tell! say the girls. Mili gets cranky with them, tells them to leave her alone, and hoofs it out leaving them wondering

In the kitchen, Rorgan is sitting at the table, Socorro is cooking, and Horacio is delivering up his latest verbal bouquets for her. Rorgan says he was up all night trying to think of what business they could start. He says the night they went to the Rodeo he was starving -no food to be had. How ‘bout they open a taco stand there and call it “Tacos Nacos”? Horacio loves the idea and they high five. [I hope I got his business plan right.]

Andrea is talking to Alex, acting wounded and saying Mili is a pathological liar. Mili has said that she’s going to tell lies and say that Andrea is a woman with no soul, no scruples, that Andrea is after Alex just for his money and is laughing behind his back. She says that Mili said that she enjoyed killing off the baby, and that she is going to tell Alex Andrea faked being pregnant. Andrea is working up some nice victim tears, and Alex is listening very carefully, puzzled, impactado. Are you sure? He asks.

Rorgan is washing the car and Horacio is having an apple and chatting. He is excited about the Taco Naco idea and they’re going to go speak to the head lady of the Rodeo. Horacio admires Rorgan’s brains, and Rorgan acknowledges his brilliance, but says he is stupid in love. Horacio says in love we think with the heart and not with the brain. Rorgan wonders how he can cheer Vale up. He says he feels bad to see her so sad. Horacio says I told you to pay her compliments, make her think that’s she the only woman in the world, a goddess. She’ll cheer up and she’ll have eyes for you!

Mili steels her resolve and knocks on Alex’s door. He comes out – he’s on his way to work and boy is he cold and hard with her. You told me not to cross your path, he says. It’s important she says, it’s about your child. I have no child and you know it, he says. Please, she says, I don’t want to talk in the hall, can we step into your room? He says he’s off to work - Aren’t you Hugo’s girlfriend? Didn’t you say your feelings for me had died? I’m doing what you want, leaving you alone, he says. She says again it’s important but he says his work is important and he leaves. Mili sobs.

Braulio comes by and sees her and asks what’s wrong. She says nothing and runs off. He raises an eyebrow. He does a sharp 180 and heads off to Luci’s room.

Luci said why did you make me look like a liar - Mili dropped the vase and you were a witness. He says no. She says yes, and if a wall is blue and she says it’s green, then for him it’s green. (There was a scene like this in Taming of the Shrew, if I recall properly.)

What have you got against her? asks Braulio. It’s none of your business says Luci. Very well, you may talk to your husband and tell him I should be fired because I only see blue walls. And when you I leave this house, remember that I know a lot of secrets.

Are you threatening me? asks Luci. I know about Francois’ death says Braulio – I’m sorry, I know you loved him. It’s a great pity for Alex to lose his true father that way. Get out! Get out of my sight screams Luci. Con permiso, says Braulio, I hope you have an excellent day. This was a great scene.

Luci paws in the bedside table for her thin flask (why so small and who fills it?) and sucks down some hooch. She curses him and says aloud I wonder if he knows that she’s the daughter of his sister. He must know!

Of course he knows says Braulio. This was confusing – it seemed that he had left the room earlier and it was hard to tell if he had stayed and was overhearing her ranting, or if he was out in the hall talking to himself.

The good-looking grocery guy shows up. His sunny jokes flop with Horacio and Socorro, but when Lina comes in she flirts and thinks his joke is hysterical. Horacio and Socorro look disapproving.

Mili has run after Alex heading out to his car. She tries to talk to him; he says he’s in a hurry. It’s important she says. He slams the car door. What do you want he says, stony. She says Andrea was never pregnant, it was a lie. What else he says. Aren’t you going to say anything she pleads. Alex says, stop making stuff up – that Andrea has no scruples, she’s after my money. I don’t understand says Mili. I’m going to tell you the same thing you told me, Mili, don’t cross my path. And whatever I felt for you has died. He drives off, leaving a forlorn Mili standing in the driveway. Wow – sad.

Kitchen again. Lina is fingering the grocery guy’s bracelet and making eyes while Horacio talks to him about Taco Naco. Socorro and Rorgan are there too. Horacio tells Lina to get back to work and when she’s left he grabs the guy by the shirt and gives him the bum’s rush. Next they are out on the lawn. Horacio still has the fellow by the shirt and Rorgan is running behind them. Horacio tells the guy to get a good look at how fierce a face he has, and the guy better watch out if he keeps flirting with his daughter. The kid thinks it’s a joke. Horacio says he knows someone who’ll break his bones and the kid says who? Horacio points to Rorgan and the kid laughs. Rorgan says me? Then he assumes a martial arts position. Horacio threatens the guy with hedge clippers.

We’re at the racetrack. Slo-mo of the horses running. Damien has a race program and is getting ready to bet. He wants to bet everything on one horse. Carla doesn’t want to. Damien asks how much she’s got and she says 10,000. Damien says this horse pays 10 to 1 and then it’ll be a million. Okay! says Carla. She jumps up and down and crosses her fingers.

Mili and Hugo in his room. She is telling him about Andrea and how Alex doesn’t believe her. What should she do? Hugo says if Alex doesn’t believe it, it’s not her problem. She’s done what she could. Stop thinking about Alex and think more about me. I’m your novio! Don’t talk about novio, she says, that was just to get Alex to leave me alone. But I’d like to make it real, says Hugo. I think of you all the time. I love you.

Mili jumps up. She says she’s had it, and leaves.

Vale is lounging, looking pensive. Rorgan comes in and lays some Horacio-style complements on her. What are you doing Rorgan? she asks. You look so sad, I’m just trying to cheer you up and I thought some complimentary words might help. She smiles – keep it up! she says. He tries some more, she is perking up. Morrrgan, she says sweetly. He does kissy-lips.

Back at the race track, here they come around the bend, and the horse they’ve bet on is in the front three. Lots of cheering, and guess what? Their horse wins! Damien and Carla are jubilant. We’re millionaires exults Carla. Oh, Carla, beware the slippery slope!

Gloria is out picking up fallen azalea or bougainvillea blooms from the lawn. Pleasant duty. Our grocery fellow comes by and flirts, telling her she is beautiful. Let’s stay in touch he says. What a slickie.

Mili and Lina in the kitchen. Lina is telling Mili about the grocery guy. Mili says what about Bobby? Lina says he is so yesterday and besides he doesn’t pay attention to her. This guy looks like her new love. So handsome! But what’s wrong Mili? Mili says it’s over, Alex will never again believe her. Lina gives her a sympathetic girlfriend hug.

Andrea is talking with Alex at the office – she gets right to the point. Did Mili talk to him? Did she tell him she (Andrea) is married and has four kids? Alex says she said that thing about the pregnancy. See, says Andrea, she attacks me where it hurts most. Why would she do that, he wonders. She probably is tired of Hugo and wants you back, says Andrea. She’s sleeping with Hugo, you know. He told me plus I’ve seen her many times leaving his room at night.

Regina is reading her room. Hugo knocks. What a nice surprise says Regina. She’s reading Lorca, Hugo says he loves Lorca and quotes a few lines. But what he’s really come to talk about is Mili. He wants Regina to help because he’s totally in love with her.
Regina brings up Alex, but Hugo says he’s with Andrea, then Regina points out that the loss of the baby is all that’s keeping them together right now. Hugo says he wants to marry Mili and that he can offer her everything. Regina points out that food and a roof over her head for the rest of her life will not sway Mili, she’s can’t be bought in exchange for protection. Mili isn’t afraid to lose anything because she doesn’t have anything. She will only marry for love.

But Hugo’s not giving up – he says he can save Mili, that one day she will come to love him. Regina says I thought you were dating, and he says that’s just to keep Alex away. Regina says just wait and see, give it time. Right now you have to be a friend to Mili and nothing more. Hugo is getting perturbed. He says with or without your help, one day I will marry Milagros and he slams out of the room.

Karla and Damien in a bedroom. He is putting the money in a safe and she says why not the bank. He says better to keep it in cash. She lounges on the bed and dreams of moving to Miami. He counts off 10,000 and hands it to her. What’s this? she says. You loaned it to me to gamble with, he says. Oh, no, she says, 50% is mine! I need it for something else, he says. I have a plan and I hope I can count on you. Carla looks plenty unhappy.

Alex is at Bobby’s bachelor pad. They are toasting their singleness with what looks like Cokes. The will really live now! What about Carlitos? asks Bobby. Cariltos who? asks Alex.

Connie and Vale are on a sofa, she leaning on him and wrapped in his arms. He tells her all he wants is for her not to be unhappy. Mili lingering far in the background sees. I will always be here to protect you, Connie says, I adore you. Fatherless Mili looks on. Vale says she has another guardian angel and it’s Morgan. Connie is surprised. She says he warned her that Sergio was betraying her and then he and Bobby tracked down his wife. That’s great, says Connie, he must have a lot of job satisfaction. Vale lists a few of Rorgan’s shortcomings, but says he’s a good guy. That’s nice says Connie. I’m going to raise your credit limit – go buy yourself some things. Vale is ecstatic. Dad and daughter cuddle and laugh. Mili looks on longingly.

Back to Bobby and Alex goofing around in the apartment. Mili said that? Bobby is amazed. But then he says think about it, did you go to the doctor with Andrea? Well, yes, but… says Alex ….And did you go to the hospital when she fell? asks Bobby. No because she was so angry with me, says Alex. Angry or not, if you’re the father of the baby… says Bobby. Alex, are you completely sure that Andrea was pregnant? Alex looks very thoughtful. Freeze frame.

Avances:
Alex is asking Hugo to take him to the doctor who treated Andrea. Somebody is getting kidnapped – looks like Vale. Connie gets a frantic phone call.

Labels:


Comments:
Skanky Spice was in rare form last night. She has got to go!

Connie was very sweet with Val, but it was sad while Mili looked on longingly. Poor Mili still has to do actual servant work, even though Connie knows she's his daughter. It's galling every time I see her dusting in her revealing maid's uniform.

When she was Alex's putative girlfriend and now as Hugo's, why is she still required to work as a maid? Why can't they set her up as a lady of leisure like Val? Or she could be a receptionist like Andrea.
 

P.S. Thanks for the recap. I have "graduated" to watching without captions for nights I am not recapping to practice my auditory comprehension; then I am relying on recaps to fill in what I miss. I can follow the plot, but I miss some fine details.

I have to concentrate really hard, and I get about 50 percent. Half the time the words sound clear and the rest sounds like a slurred mess. But it is good practice.

So I didn't realize that Andrea didn't want to get pregnant for her figure! What an evil witch.
 

P.P.S. Luci's destruction of the vase goes down in history as one of the great scenes. Yes, she is BSC.
 

The writers really jerk us back and forth don't they? Wednesday Alejandro still seemed to be yearning for Mili and wanting to talk; Thursday, cold and rejecting, believing in Andrea's tales.
In the meantime, Val is getting to show a more likable side, gradually maturing after the humilliating wedding fiasco. I do enjoy her interactions with Morgan/Rocky...they are never serious and a real relief from the machinations of Luciana and Andrea.
And yes, I got to enjoy Alejandro's pony tail but it was no fun 'cause he and Mili were feuding again. Bring on that happy ending please!...or at least another happy interlude.
PS Sorry Decie Girl about Arizona. Sounds like it's been a real up and down season...like this show!
 

Maggie: Thanks for your recap.

I'm trying to figure the age difference between Val and Mili. We know Mili must be 18 because she had to leave the orphanage. So, would that make Val at least a year younger? That's a mighty young bride, and she showed (at last) some wisdom.

You'd think that by now Karla would have figured Damien out. She really is dumb and mean. What a combination, but not as bad as the badder of the two, Andrea. She should have been evicted a long time ago. Oh, well, I'm not writing this story.

I'll vote in favor of Alex leaving the shower with hair a mass of dripping curls and body barely covered in a towel.

NinaK: I'm also trying to listen or watch some programs without subtitles. This one is particularly difficult because of the slang and apparent deliberate rapid-fire dialogue.

From lower Ala
 

How can Hugo take care of Mili. He doesn't work.
His father is a deadbeat. And you never see any
interaction between him and his Aunt Luci.
Where does Hugo's money come from if any?
Have I missed something about him?
 

Thanks Maggie! Andrea is really sly, getting to Alex before Mili could talk to him. Of course Alex isn't too hard to get anything over on! The contrast between Andrea and Mili is just stunning.

Since I missed weighing in on ponytails before - I often like ponytails on guys, but I much prefer Alex with his hair loose, it especially looked great the other night when it was damp.

Nina - I purposely watch without captions although most of the time I'm only getting about 50 - 60% of everything. But I'm understanding more all the time. I too have to pay close attention, but I feel really smart when I actually get big chunks of what's being said! Plus, I think I might pick up on some things I would miss if I was concentrating on the captions - non-verbal things as well as certain phrases that the captions sometimes skip over. I really appreciate the recaps to help me fill in what I missed.
 

It's settled...all future scenes with Alejandro should take place when he's just come out of the shower! Can you imagine how the writers would finagle that? Every important scene would have to take place in his room. Every script would include:

[Alejandro walks in with a towel around his waist and wet hair]

Alejandro: Que [looks impactado]
 

Amen to that 5ft! The bloggers on Pasion want more scenes of Ric shirtless but I don't think anything can compare to our galan Alejandro in a towel (and yes, I'll forgo the pony tail for those wet curly locks) but in a suit, I still like the slicked back look.
 

I'm also voting for Shower!Alex. For variety, some scenes could take place when he's just come out of the pool.

I, too, was wondering about Hugo's invisible means of support. His expenses may be low now while he just freeloads, but he talks about taking care of Mili & a family for life--how? Does he have money from his mother? If so, why isn't Damian creeping all around him trying to get his hands on it?
 

I think they just keep Hugo around because he's attached to Damien. Damien is there under suffrance of Constancio. Hugo was a "cripple" until recently, so they probably feel sorry for him. They don't know his real ways. Granny is still fooled by him.
 

Luci in addition to her obvious faults is truly demented. Her irrational hatred of an 18 year old girl is really sick. I want her to end up in a straightjacket in a strict manicomio. Al is going to hate her if and when he ever finds out the truth. That is something I can wait months (and probably will have to) to see happen.

Al is deeper in denseville every day. He has to know that Skanky Spice (good new name for her) is a liar and a slut, he caught her with his father but he still believes every word she says. I swear I wanted to clock him last night. Bobby who I originally thought was a dumb as a rock actually appears to think.

I'm not very enamored with Grocery Boy. Way to oily and slick for my taste.

Loved those scenes with Connie and his daughters although I wish he would just get it over and tell the truth about Mili. I've actually been a little surprised with his recent bits with Snotty Spice. Previously he seemed somewhat dismissive of her calling her her mother's daughter. Perhaps seeing how sweet and needy Mili is has made him rethink his relationship with Val. In any event Cesar does a fabulous job with the two girls.

Judy B

Bad season for my Cats and Tucson is in mourning
 

I also think Alex looks better with his curly locks! And yes! He needs more shower and pool scenes!!!!

Andrea is too old to be having anything to do with Alex....she'd be better off with Damien. They are two of a kind!
 

Decie Girl...Columbus is in mourning too...'cause we only made the NIT whereas last year we were in the finals for the NCAA championship. So it goes.
We did win our first game but I may be in mourning seriously Monday if we lose then.
Will just have to distract myself remembering Alejandro all dripping wet in a towel. Ay caramba!
 

While it is true, that TeleNovelas demand putting the breaks on the normal thinking and reasoning processes, this one is really something. The falling down the steps and coming back home the next morning, Bwaaaahaaa even Paula on Juan has been in for a little while. Also the no one following up the night she did her swan dive. My other total favorite was the wedding, first lil Val was way too young. I don't believe in the finer upper crust of Mexico that would be encouraged. Also being that Consti is pushing to be a shaker and a mover don't you think the finest upper crust and the connected would have been invited?

I thought Mundo was wild, but at least there was a reason behind the crazy things people did, granted it was evil, but still fun.

I can't really get too excited about Al, he just seems soooo young, not to mention clueless. I was impressed with Bobby, maybe it is the fact that he isn't getting any, so he isn't clouded by surges of hormone. Bobby seems a bit more grounded even though his parents were skanky, maybe it was better when he was younger, before his Dad had that middle age crisis.
 

Hello gals =)

I was almost in tears last night and tonight as Mili watched Connie being all fatherly. She really got the short end of the stick on that one. Even if dad is a sick evil manipulator. He goes back and forth as to how he behaves towards Val, but he does seem to care for her.

I also thought it was odd that Val's parents would let her marry so young. Early on she was supposed to be taking a year off before starting college. I don't think she's a whole year younger than Mili. She has to be at least 17 if she finished high school, so I think it's more like 5-7 months as far as age difference.

I will admit, a scantily clad Eugenio Siller (Al), is a guilty pleasure of mine. I think he's 26 (in an interview he said he was 11 years older than Allison Lozz who plays Mili and is 15) but IMDB says he 44. That would be some major botox! I started watching Los 5 Magnificos (The Magnificent 5, the circus show) about halfway through when I realized he was on it. He used almost every opportunity to go topless (Even in the tiger cage, he had the jacket, but no shirt) and also had some shimmery silver and black body paint emphasizing his muscles on the episode where he did the floor exercises. He managed to go topless for his musical number (he was flying from cloth). Alas, I think it was a bad key for him (a little low) and with all the cardio he was doing, he was a little warbly. Still, he sold the number and looked awesome doing it. He did manage to keep his shirt on though, when he dove into a tank for the challenge to see which team captain could hold his breath the longest (He lost, but the other guy was a pro wrestler!). He had his hair down more often than up, but the ponytail made many appearances. I don't hate the ponytail on him, just thing he looks better with his locks free. He's definitely a pretty boy (as opposed to Fernando Colunga who's manly), but there's no reason we can't go for both ;) Cynthia Heimel classified men as men (Clint Eastwood), boys (David Cassidy) and hairdressers (Cary Grant). It was not an issue of sexuality or maturity Rather, it was looks, style, and overall vibe. Eugenio (and therefore Al) is definitely a hairdresser ;)
 

Margarita, you are cracking me up with your recap of Al's appearance on that circus show! Hahaha! I wish I had seen it.
I think the IMDB age listing is clearly an error, but he is also older than 26, I think--maybe 32, and he is fudging? Sometimes in closeups, he just seems a bit older.

Someone last week (and I'm sorry I don't remember who) said Al looked like Sean Penn. I agree totally: he has the largish nose and similar facial expressions and hard face--not a pretty-boy face. That's why I have to disagree that Al is not a "hairdresser." (I don't think I'd call Sean Penn a hairdresser.) I've always liked Sean Penn as an actor. If you want to see a resemblance, you could watch "Bad Boys," a 70s movie where Sean played a teenage delinquent. There's one scene where he bursts into tears that I found wonderfully tragic when I saw it 20-odd years ago. However, the movie is difficult to watch because it is quite violent, so if you don't like that sort of thing, don't watch it.

Anyway, the burst-into-tears thing is very similar to our Sniffles.

I teared up watching Mili too, and Friday's episode has more of same.

As for Val being too young to get married, I think the scriptwriters must have conveniently "forgot" her age so they could use the plot point. It doesn't make sense otherwise.
 

Okay...I'm an ignoramus...what's IMDB? I presume DB is date of birth but IM...is this a web site?
 

IMDB.com = Internet Movie Data Base

It's an amazing resource that gives you the cast, etc., of every movie and TV show; then you can link to a particular star and find out all his/her movies. It also has reviews of movies by viewers (not professional critics), the way Amazon.com does. In fact, I think they are linked commercially.
 

Interesting vis a vis Al's age. In everything I read about him there was no age mentioned, I could buy 26 or maybe 32 which would be pushing it but 44 no way. That would put him in the same bracket as Colunga, Juan Soler, Arturo Peniche and Jose Luis Santander and he clearly is not that mature. He looks closer in age to Hugo who is 25. In any event the actress playing Andrea is 30 and he looks younger than her.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder