Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Guapos 05-20-08 "Sometimes I feel like a Motherless Child"

I remember this song, I guess I saw it when I was a kid or something, but I found this link on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGMZ1dN7eT8&feature=related
This pretty much sums up how Mili and well Al must feel.

Wow tonight was another hard one to watch, let’s see….
Hmm if there is a moral message here I believe it would be…
Life is fleeting and if you are carrying around some deep dark secret…
That you promise to reveal only on someone’s deathbed….
Perhaps this would be the time to rethink that plan of action…

We open with that nasty scene of Mili telling Al, that she never loved him it was all about the golden ducets. He doesn’t believe it and presses for a kiss. Luci, watches with her thin lips, just ready to jump in.
Mili squeeked about brother loving, stops him and says, “Ha good looking, you were so easy, I played you and you fell for it completely, I never loved you.” Al is a broken boy toy.

We see Consti in the car with Andrea, now she is driving. Last night he was driving all crazy, but at some point she must have traded places so he could devote more attention to sobbing and lamenting the crappy way he treated his sainted Mother. She died without knowing Mili was her missing grandchild. The one thing that would have put the smile on her face as she went toward the white light. Consti continues to rant that he was a coward all these years. Andrea continues to listen to his self abuse. She asks if he will tell Mili he is her father. No, but he will protect Mili.
Ed-Oh I get it, and that will make everything okay.

Over at the funeral home there is much sadness, Mili and Al are in Granny’s room and once again, Al starts. Seriously, I feel awful for him, I mean Al is a bit of a dim bulb, but still. He just lost Granny, the only person in the family that actually understood him (and it isn’t like he is all that deep) and now Mili flat ass dumps him. I mean Al, I am sure no one has ever dumped Al before. Al like everyone that has ever been dumped turns it into a fit of fury and starts saying anything and everything to make the dumper realize just what a real AssHat they really are. He says she fooled everyone, everything was a lie, she lied to Abuela. No Mili says, she loved Abuela. They are shouting and this is just painful to watch, not like the normally bad scenes, but because they both seriously brought it in these scenes. The pain was palpable.

Now the hospital guys come in to remove the body, it is time to ship Granny on to the funeral home. Mili and Al wail like hurt animals or poor motherless children, which they are, or in Al’s case in a perfect world.

Still we are left to wonder, where the hell is Consti, normally in these things they act like it takes five minutes to get somewhere in Mexico City, now it is like the middle of the night, little traffic and they still aren’t there. Maybe Andrea just continues to drive in a circle around the famous Angel Statue in Mexico City waiting for him to shut-up.

Const finally arrives with Andrea in tow. He is crying I guess letting loose of twenty years of bottle-up emotion. Luci pulls him aside to inform him that it is really not appropriate to bring your Amante to the post death bed of your Mother. Consti shruggs her off.

Okay..it is now official, Luci just sent tin foil on metal fillings sensation through my very last nerve that not already sensitive to her. I used to feel sorry for her, well not sorry, but I did smirk when she screwed Consti over…but no more.

Now for a quick just in case you were wondering, we are beamed over to crazy ass Flor’s apartment where her sister is trying to get her interested in a Greek Cruise. Flor continues to lament how Al married that nasty little thing. Her sister is doing some serious eye rolling. I feel sorry for her sister, I mean that is one dramatic chick. I hope sis doesn’t buy Travelocity non refundable tickets, cause I think the ship has sailed.

Also Mateo, lawyer scum is out with his buddy celebrating Gramps giving him his money. He has decided to forget chasing down the rich servant babe, and to get on with his life, like spending his own money. Oh yeah he has a new uber macho motorcycle, as if that would help his metrosexualness. You know he has a man purse, come on Mateo don’t lie it isn’t a laptop bag, it is a purse.

Now it is time to go, people must get ready for the funeral, Mili is just shaking all fetal like on a couch. Val tells her they have to go. Go Where? “To get ready for the funeral”, Val answers. I don’t have a black dress. Val says she’ll give her one.
Val, you are my new girl crush. I think I could party with you & Rocky, Oh yeah ask your Uncle along.
Everyone tries to get Mili going, Hugo steps up and she goes with him. Finally only Consti and Al are left.
Ed- Al is seriously breaking my jaded heart in this episode.
Al is so broken and he reaches for his pretend father, Consti turns his back on him and walks away.
Ed- Well Good, now those of you that were worried Luci would spend eternity in hell by herself, well worry no more cause Consti is going to be right there with her.

Now the next day.
We are like in the reception area. Consti is further lamenting his evil AssHat ways. He is doing the famous crying on the casket scene. He tells Ma that Mili was her granddaughter and how sorry he is that he never told her, how he has been a coward all these years and how he betrayed the love of the only woman he ever loved, Rosario. Luci of the dry eyes, overhears, well because she crept up on him and eavesdropped . How come every other episode she has red rimmed stoner eyes and she is all clear and refreshed now? To paraphrase, Luci is like, trying to assuage your guilty conscious, isn’t it a bit late?

Consti fires back that he wants to tell Mili about her parentage and in fact he wants to tell all the kids the truth. “What tell Al that he is a Bastard?”, Luci queries. “He already suspects,” Consti answers.
Ya think? Luci says, “He only suspects, he doesn’t know the truth.” She tells him he will lose everything, he will lose the love of sweet lil Val, not to mention any chance of getting elected. Consti gets an oh crap I forgot about that look. Luci has now raise her voice to “Alpha Bitch Level”. Al & Val come in and give Luci a verbal slap down, telling her to leave Papa alone and for the love of God, show some respect.

Now more people are arriving. Mili arrives with her posse of chicklets. (Whoever did her make-up did an awesome job, or maybe she wasn’t wearing any, but she is all drawn and pale and has red splotches like someone who cried all night…Kudos instead of making her look all sad and sweet, she just looks broken).
Andrea is there and she is crying, really, seriously, she really is crying. Nestor arrives and glams onto Al, he is hugging him. Padre Manuel arrives and asks Luci how her conscious is doing. Nestor turns around and Luci introduces Padre Manuel. Nestor says, no need, I have known him all my life, we are brothers. Luci looks muy impacted. Padre leans over and says, I’ll go see my nephew. Oh Snap.

Val and Rocky are out in the reception area. He hugs her and she thanks him for being there for her. They sneak a kiss, but it is sweet not skeevy.

Meanwhile we flash over to Mateo, telling Gramps about some meeting. Mateo will have to handle it as Gramps has to go to the funeral. Matt’s ears prick up.

Now we go to a store where the Mafia sisters are looking at clothes. Flor of course is being her normal annoying self. I bet her sister wishes that she was a Bastard and could get a new family. Flor’s phone rings, why it is Luci, she tells her that Al didn’t marry and bye the bye, Granny died, hows bout dropping by the funeral. Flor picks up a black outfit and tells her poor sister, it is for a funeral.

Now we go to the service where Padre Manuel talks about what a wonderful person Regina was and how she is in heaven. Now see if I was the Padre I would choose this as a perfect time to give some pointed looks and tell the rest of that crew they don’t stand a snowballs chance in hell of ever seeing Granny again unless they change their evil ways. Hint Hint Hint.

Now the funeral is over and Padre hands a little box to Mili, who hands it to Consti. Everyone goes to this area that has pithy sayings by “St. Ignatius de Loyola”, and while watching this I thought he was the leader of the Spanish Inquisition, but Wikipedia straightened me out, he founded the Society of Jesus, members are called Jesuits. Well saintly man that he was, I am sure these people would try even his patience.

So we all proceed to what looks like a wooden wall of postal boxes. Oh they are little crypts. They open the box and place Granny in there, no fuss, no muss. Wow that was fast, her casket was just there earlier cause Consti was doing his best to warp the wooden patina when he sobbed all over it, now a mass later she is in a tiny box. Brau is sobbing against a wall of crypts and maybe someone can help here, I didn’t see the name, but that can’t be Rosario cause she is buried at the church. Anyway, Mili falls against the wall, Consti takes her by her shoulders and when she turns to see who it is, she runs away.

Now Luci of the eternal dry eyes is filling Flor, the Zopalote (vulture), in on the situation, seems like Mili was only in it for the dinero, she dropped Al like Luci drops an empty bottle of Jack Daniels, straight to the curb. She is rich now since she convinced the beloved Granny to adopt her ragamuffin ass. Flor is all up on it. Poor Al he just stands around crying. Now Matt is there with Gramps and he wants to see the rich girl, really he just wants to look, no funny business. Mili is standing between Hugo and Al who are fighting over her. Matt says, It’s you. She runs to Matt. Al tells him, look Brother do yourself a favor, stay away, she seduces men for money. Eeeeekkkkkk, Al marches off. Hugo tells Matt, stay away from Mili.

Now tomorrow we will have the reading of the will. Luci is like great then Mili is gone. Consti says no, she was his mother’s daughter and she is now part of the family. Get used to it.

The end.

Tomorrow..Flor is trying to sex up Al as he crying about his Granny. For those of you who saw Wedding Chasers, she is the Will Ferrell character, trying to get funeral sex.

Looks like Mateo asks to marry Mili. Oh my gosh is her luck changing, a fine sincere young man like Matt.

Oh no I almost forgot, Consti you are well over a ten on my RatBastard Scale
and Luci you just suck, seriously suck...cause you aren't crazy, you are just mean.

Labels:


Comments:
Great recap, as always. I can't stand Flo and your comment about her sister wishing she was a bastard had me laughing aloud.

I, too, feel the pain that AL and Mili are feeling all do the the incredible acting. Someone said it yesterday, but I was never really impressed with the actress who plays Mili, but she's really done a great job these past couple of days.

Connie and Luci stuck in Hell together.....just desserts for the two of them....the asshat and the biz-nitch, what a couple.
 

Excellent recap, Beckster! Sorry that I missed Consti crying over the casket. And Andrea crying.

For the record, I think that Luci has done too much scheming, for too many episodes, with too few repercussions. Now it's time to see some karma come back to her. Maybe in the will?
 

Thanks a mil for getting this done so quickly Becster! And thanks for the "Motherless Child" link. Nothing like a good Negro Spiritual and a good recap to comfort an insomniac ;)

That Al/Mili scene was a 2 hanky scene for me. I found myself yelling at the TV as Luci watched her boy fall apart and just watched. Then as Coni just walked away leaving poor sad Al without anyone to hold him. I would have gladly reached through the tele to hug him (not just 'cause he's hot, but 'cause he just looked so destroyed). I also snapped when PM told Luci he knew who her baby daddy was. Too bad blackmailing is not a class they teach you in seminary. Maybe he'll talk to Braulio about it, or maybe to Nestor. Bet those two can figure out a way to manipulate Luci so the kids can get together.

Quick notes on the Mili/Al/Hugo/Mat love square: Mat asks Mili why she told him she was an empresaria. Al starts his little tirade and Mat changes his tune to defend her. After Al finishes his "the woman who admits to seducing men for $$" speech, Mili runs off with the gals and misses Mat telling Al he doesn't believe that, and Al saying neither does he... then walking off. Could it be that our blondie idiot is actually getting a clue about how to read people? Pity he can't do that with Flor as it looks like he'll cave to her offer to "console him" tomorrow. Time will tell.

Beckster, if Consti's a 10, is Luci an 11? What kind of a mother serves up her boy on a silver platter to the psycho vulture daughter of a mob boss? Just sayin'. For all her elitist snobbery, doesn't she realize Al could do worse than marry a former maid/hubby love child that is now a wealthy heiress?
 

Great recap, Beckster. I thought Nestor was a little too huggy with Al, no?

Mat is higher on my rat-bastard scale right now than Connie, 'cause Connie still has underlying good feelings trying to get out. Mat, Flor and Luci are just purely bad.

I second the comments about Mili and Al's acting in this episode. A very satisfying ending to a tough story arc.

P.S. In real life they don't read wills aloud. Only in the movies!
 

Beckster, I too wanted to thank you for "Sometimes I feel Like a Motherless Child"....had an album with that song on it in the late 50's and listened to it all the time.

Painful song, excruciating episode. Started watching this show because it seemed like a cute comedy....fool that I was!

Agree with you about Mili's makeup job or lack of it...her face was the perfect splotchy mess....the way we all look alas, when we've been crying our eyes out. No glycerine tears for this actress.

Watching this lately is like munching on ground glass....but thanks for the lawyer info, NinaK...didn't know wills were never read aloud.
 

Beckster: Great recap as usual. I'm glad you pointed out Mat's purse wearing, 'cause I missed it.

Yes, the scenes between Mili and Al were painful and wonderful at the same time. If I didn't think Al was a: "If I'm not with the girl I love, then I love the girl I'm with man" I would probably have more sympathy for him.

Luci is beyond contemptible. It's hard to figure how a weak lush turned into a Machiavellian shrew in just a few weeks. Nestor seems poised to recognize Al, but, she'll probably think of some way to sidetrack that thought.

I'm also liking the actress who plays Mili a lot more than I did at the beginning of this novela. She has morphed into a person of substance and character. A very interesting woman.

From lower Ala
 

In the interest of truth, I gotta say I didn't really see Matt carrying a manpurse, yet somehow I know he has one. Margarita thanks for the information about the conversation between Matt & Al, I tend to lose interest towards the end of the show, cause I'm clock watching and I was thinking about the will.

I'm not one to fawn on actors and actresses, but I seriously hope joven & jovena (I don't think that is an actual word, but it works with my sad Spanglish), get a nod at the awards next year.
 

Great recap Beckster! I just watched Mon and Tues together last night and it was tough.

I feel sorry for Al, he looks so broken, he'll take some loving from anyone right now. I actually though Connie might hug him last night, but he turned away at the last moment. What a ratbastard!

Poor Al is like the only one that doesn't know at least a portion of the truth.

As for metro matt. I can totally see him with a man purse. When I was in Latin America, a lot of men use fanny packs. Kind of funny from the US perspective, but they like them.

Jewels
 

Howdy =)

Beckster, "joven" is one of the few words I know that doesn't change when it's used in masculine of feminine. It's just "el" joven for men or "la" joven for women. It also stays the same as and adjective: "el muchacho (or la muchacha) es muy joven" (the young man - or the young woman - is very young).

Jewels, I didn't know about the fanny pack trend. Then again I only visit one Mexican city for a day or two once a year, so my knowledge of current fashion trends outside TV is pretty limited.
 

Beckster, you did a great job with this. While I was watching last night I remembered that it was your recap night and since you’re famous for your hilarious rollicking recaps, I wondered what you would do with such a sad episode. You struck just the right note, and slid in some lovely humor, just right!

This was a great episode, but I was noticing that Mili at the end was turning to the guys for hugs – Hugo & Matt. Of course she would like to have hugged Al most of all. It wasn’t until the very end of the service that she finally went over to her gal pals. I mean, Gloria has been her best friend all her life, a real rock, and yet Mili was saying she had nobody and is clinging to a man she hardly knows. Lesson for Mili: There’s nothing in this world like a girlfriend, girlfriend.
 

Two nights of sobbing and last night was the worst. Mili is obviously in total shock and hardly knows what she is doing or saying. Imagine you are a convent raised sheltered young woman who is marrying the man of your dreams when you find out he is your brother, that the people you loved and trusted all of your life knew the story for months and said nothing, next thing you know you have to go to the hospital to watch the woman you love, your grandmother and adoptive mother die. I wouldn't know what the hell I was doing either when a 40 something spawn of the devil tells me i can't tall my love the truth.

Speaking of the spawn bitch I could not believe how she stood by cold as ice and dry eyed while her beloved son sobbed his heart out in his abuela's room. I've known cold fish before but none like her. For what it is worth she will pay and pay dearly before this is all over. Justice is always served in Noveleland. As for Andrea sobbing I had forgotten that Regina was her godmother so Luci's scolding Connie about bringing his amante to the funeral was out of line.

Yike Flo the vulture isn't one to let a chance go by and poor dim bulb Al will think with his little head and probably not consider protection when he makes yet another dumb choice.

I noticed that several times last night, most notably in the scene with her three galans that Mili instinctively turned toward Al and then had to force herself to go else where. I think she did all those scenes without make up and man can that girl hit the emotion in a scene. After those scenes with Al the two of them probably needed counseling to bring themselves down. I studied acting and to go that deep into yourself to dredge up that kind of pain takes real talent and also takes a lot out of you.

That was some fast cremation. Usually that takes several days. I thought it was touching when Padre Manuel gave the box of ashes first to Mili who then turned and gave them to Connie. The girl may be in shock but she is beginning to act like an adult in public. Also points to Val especially for telling her mother to act with respect. Snobby Spice may also be growing up.
 

Woo hoo, fun times! There's nothing like a funeral to bring out the rat bastardness in people. I'm amazed Luci doesn't have a better head for business given all the string-pulling she's doing.

I guess tonight I get the overly dramatic reading of the will. Could I possibly be so lucky as to witness a Mili-Luci catfight?
 

Probably more like mili and Karla who is going to poop when she finds out who the new patrona is.
 

Beckster - great recap, great tone for this second night of heartbreak.

After dealing with his Abuela's death, Mili's crushing rejection and the total indifference from the only man he's known as his father, I almost won't blame Al if he gives into the mafia princess. The boy needs some love!

I agree with the comments about Mili's appearance. She looked destroyed, very real.

I loved the surprised look on Hugo's face when Mili hugged Mateo.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder