Tuesday, June 17, 2008

06-17-08 "oooops, guess I lied" says Luci

So much pain, so much pain. Let’s see there are four, yes let’s lets all count together,
Tio Brau
Luci
Consti
Padre Manuel…Yes kids that’s right.

Can any of these adults step up and do the right thing? No of course not…

We open with Mili and Lina’s Dad in the Study. He is gonna talk to Consti about Mili. In case you missed it, he is pretending to be Mili’s father. This has Consti jealous, because I think once Consti has marked something, well it is his. Remember fans of these stellar human beings, he went BSC when he thought Luci was gonna knock boots with Bobby’s dad. Oh because, he wanted Luci, of course not…he just didn’t want anyone else to have her, he can’t even stomach the idea of doing Luci.

Mili hides on the staircase in the study and I am glad to see this, as I am certain the study is on the first floor and now I can see you can go upstairs or down to the “Gawd only knows what”. Maybe they built a bomb shelter back in the fifties and it is full of tortillas that have since turned to leather and bottles of liquor, which fortunately for Luci in the event of Nuclear Attack have held up quite well.

Anyway Consti comes in and is all what do you want, what are you doing here. Fake Dad says he can come anytime he wants. No you are not her father..Am too..Are Not..Am too, so this continues for a bit. Finally Fake Pa says what’s it to you, why do you care? Now it is time for Consti to lament, “She is special, noble, intelligent, blah blah blah. Mili’s lil face is peering out of the steps and she gets all tender looking.

Finally Consti writes a check and tells Fake Dad to beat it, Fake Dad gleefully takes the check and leaves. Brau comes in and tells Consti, everyone is waiting in the Garden.
Consti leaves and Mili pops out, she tells Brau that Consti loves her and defended her. She is so happy. Brau has that, oh lil dreamer just keep believing that look on his face.

Meanwhile over at the hospital, Gloria is sitting and looking at Ma, who is still in a coma.
Chamaco comes in and comforts Gloria. Gloria like all people (well not all people, not Consti or Luci, but I am counting people with souls) laments that she talked badly to her Ma, when her mother just wanted them all to live as one big happy family.

Now over to the so called Wedding, Luci is talking the arm of Domingo (I think that is his name, Flor’s pistol packing Pa) off and of course she is downing the wine. Val walks up and she starts talking about Val’s big adventure to France and Val blows her off. Domingo just shrugs probably thinking “Run little girl, run far and fast and don’t ever look back”. Marisol is there with Bobby the Tool, Matt the Ratt is there with his friend. I don’t know his name. Matt’s friend is giving the eye to Marisol or Flor’s sister, I am vague on her name also. Lina sees Bobby making out with Marisol, and she flirts with Matt’s friend. Matt’s Gramps is there. Matt is looking for Mili, but she is nowhere to be seen.

Oh wait she is hanging with fake Dad, yucking it up about the great deception. Seems tells fake Dad, how real Dad really loves her. You can see fake Dad is thought bubbling “Well I might be a real Naco Bastard, but at least I claimed my kid”. Seems like Mili has agreed to soften Gloria up regarding said Naco Bastard father. Mili makes him give back the check so she can donate it to St. Deceptions. Geez by now don’t those kids have gold plated toilets in their dorm rooms?

Now back to the Wedding, Luci is clink clink clinking a spoon on her wine glass. She makes some lame ass speech about the happy couple, Al looks like he could vomit. She drones on and on and on, with an occasional slur thrown in. She finally calls her beloved Consti to say a few words and he does just that. He says after his wife’s eloquent speech all he can say is Happiness to the Novias.

Now it is time for the ceremony which is sad and fast by telenovela standards, Al stares at Mili and she stares back through the whole thing. Hugo is supporting her and her sister is watching the eye exchange with a knowing look.
Finally I now pronounce you man and wife you may kiss the novia, (yeah I thought that was weird too).

With that said, the witnesses have to sign the marriage certificate. We get the time stands still as it is Mili’s time to sign and she and Al stare at each other. Now we get a cornucopia of scenes of the past romance. Ahhhhhhhh.

Now Val is all packed up and ready to go and Ma has pulled herself together enough to give her some parting words. Like it is for the best and so on. Consti comes in to send her on her way, Hurry quick Consti, get her out of the house before Rocky can somehow jump on her and impregnate her. Val just stares ahead, tears rolling down her cheeks.
At this point, Al strolls through and Luci is like hello my love. He say “ I want to be alone for a few minutes, make my excuses to Flor”. Luci, “ You are not happy?” Al, “I am the most unhappy man on earth.” Luci doesn’t cave. Al moves on and Luci with shaking hands, not cause she is upset, but cause she is seriously jonesing for that decanter of whiskey, pours herself a big ass tumbler.

Rocky is standing against a wall behind them, he is doubled over with the pain of watching Val leave, tears are rolling down his face. He staggers off.


Say, Consti and Luci wouldn’t this be a great time to hook it on over to Mexico City General and pull that breathing tube outta Gloria’s mothers mouth? Don’t let the hijinks stop there, I’m sure there are plenty of people you could pull the plugs on. You people are on a roll. Go for it. These two are like a big festering blister of smallpox, let's see, they killed poor dead not the baby daddy French guy, Consti badgered Granny to death, ruined Mili's, Al's, Val's, Rocky's, Brau's, basically Flor's, I mean she is BSC, but Luci really pushed it, probably Flor's Pa's cause he is gonna have to get involved.

Now Al and Flor come out of the Hacienda, they are in street clothes and ready to embark on a life for from there. As Flor gets in the back of the limo, Mili comes out and she and Al do a heart breaking farewell hug. Yes it even pulled at my jaded heart strings. So much unnecessary pain.

Okay I am just so gonna through in a complaint here, you know..you just know that by the end all will be forgiven. I hate that. After so much hurt, it is all like, oh well sorry. Let’s move on.

Luci then comes out to say goodbye and off go Al and Flor. Luci turns to Mili who is crying, but tastefully crying not wailing and hanging on the car bumper. Luci starts laughing and says “Know what”. Mili says, “What?” Luci answers, “You and Al aren’t brother and sister”. Mili says you are lying. Luci laughs and says, “Nope truth is Consti isn’t Al’s father”.

---Now seriously could you ever forgive that? Like yes I understand you were in a dark place then, you were an alcoholic with self esteem issues, you were just acting out. Screw that. I would never ever ever forgive her. It is bad enough that Consti and Brau lied by omission, but Luci and what she did to her own lil Bastard. Never evah evah.

Mili runs down the driveway all broken and nearly falling in her high heels, she yells, we aren’t brother and sister, but alas that ship has sailed. She wails like the motherless child she is and motherless child Al should be. Luci laughs.
Poor Mili I guess she is so physically sick at the betrayal that she just folds up, cause this would have been a perfect time to beat Luci, damn near to death.

Now Luci is sitting in front of her mirror and guess what she is doing, why drinking, we see single brief scenes and I am totally confused, I’m thinking she is drunk, then we see Hugo and Karla doing the predeed. Que the Hell?

Now we get the subtle. Three years later.
Oh seriously three years?
Soccito & Horacito have gotten married, Karla snarls. Damien is still doing time. Consti is in the gov’t and looks like he sleeps through most votes. We didn’t get to see Andrea, three years of Consti, maybe she hung herself. Gloria’s Mom is still in a coma, so time passed pretty fast for her. Gloria’s pa keeps coming to see her. Val is doing the “Work it, look fierce, make the run way yours”. Rocky is buying a “Posh” magazine and he is grinning at the picture of Val on the cover. Mili and her posse the chiclets are going to school. Hugo & Karla are doing the deed.

Now Consti is talking to Luci, who has not gotten dressed nor stopped drinking since the night her spawn abandoned her. Consti says is she gonna help with the fiesta for Mili, yeah good Consti, I am glas to see you are as big an AssHat as you were three long years ago. Luci laments that Damien is in jail, her kids never come and see her and that little bastarda is still living in the house. The verbal sparring continues, she hates Consti, well Consti and I both say a big BFD to that, as if.

Okay now it is fiesta time, Gloria, Lina and Mili have graduated Preperatory school, which in Mexico is like 10-12 grade. Geez this means they are now like twenty-one. That’s okay it take the average kid here in Oklahoma much longer than that. Anyway I guess Hugo planned the party, maybe Brau helped, well I’m sure he helped. Balloons, everyone is so happy. Marisol is there, with Bobby. And audience I am happy to inform you that our young Bobby is still a virgin. How do I know, you ask? Pshaw, now what twenty five year old man sits in the middle of a party with adults, giving his girlfriend a hickey on her neck. Always the groomsman never the groom. Matt the Ratt is there and still loving Mili from afar, I think Chamaco is there, I’m not really sure. Consti make one of his normal AssHat speeches about how proud he is of Mili, really of all the chiclets, but Mili holds a special place in his heart, yeah and her cells hold half your DNA you AssHat. I dunno I don’t think there is any booze at this party, cause I’m sure Luci would have come down stairs in her unwashed crumpled three year old jammies and joined in, but alas she is no where to be seen. Oh yeah as Bobby is putting his initials in Marisols neck in hickies, Marisol is holding up a help me sign to Matt the Ratt’s equally jaded friend. Okay she didn’t really hold up a sign, but her eyes were saying, I am so tired of kindergarten, save me sailor. So it is the usual cast of characters at this function, looks like no one has moved on, not one little step. Was Gloria’s Dad there or her brother? Lina mentions Al and Mili runs off in a fit of woe, she goes upstairs and gazed at a 5x7 of Al. Oh if only.

Damien is running the card games at the prison and Karla gives him a call. He is like get me out of here and she is like okay, well you promised to marry me if I help you, and he is like well help me first. And I am like, okay three years and she just now thought of this? Why cause Hugo rolled off of her to attend the party and she had twenty minutes of time on her hands and decided to help Damien?

Padre Manuel is there and decides to nudge Consti towards claiming that suitcase he threw out of the car twenty-one years ago. Oh wait it wasn’t a suitcase, it was a kid.

Consti starts making another…leading up speech that I will give you odds of 100-1 the big reveal will not happen.


Okay that is as much as I can stand….Never would I ever forgive these people. In fact I would join up with Damien and screw the company over when he gets out of the slammer. Well I would anyway, but now there is a good reason.

I personally think Consti rocks in at a 14 on my scale of Rat Bastardness
But Luci has him beat rocking in at about a healthy 19+.

Looks like Val is back tomorrow and Hugo asks Mili to marry him.

Labels:


Comments:
Ahh, Beckster, you warm the cockles of my heart with your fabulous recaps ;) Yes, Chamuco was at the party as a good supportive boyfriend, but I think it was past Gamusa's bedtime and Gloria still hasn't made up with dad. Matt seems to have set his eyes on Marisela (why it's taken him three years to do anything after he and his buddy first discussed it at the wedding I don't know) 'cause he knows all MPs get a nice juicy dowry. I'm not sure what MP2 and Bobby are doing at the party except maybe his friendship to Al makes him a default guest and she tagged along.

Lest we think Hugo's a Rat, it's actually dad Damian that's been having his "conjugal" visits with Karla.

Beckster, I will join you in the apallment (is that a real word or did I just make it up?) over the PM choosing this of all times to keep his trap shut. Ditto for the nuns who were both with him (he's already filled them in on Connie not being Al's dad) and said nada about the subject. I was also hoping Mili would give Luci the senseless-yet-satisfying beating she deserved. I suppose this would have brought everything to light and we still have about 4 mos to go... Then again, how she hasn't smacked uncle Brau for not telling her Luci was full of it is beyond me! Guess she figured Connie and Luci just had the world threatened in one way or another.
 

Aaaarrrggghhh...another painful episode although like the goofy sentimentalist I am, I loved the montage scenes of past kisses with Mili and Alejandro. Ditto the fine photo of him she keeps in her bedroom drawer.

Other than the changed decor in her bedroom, it certainly didn't seem like three years had passed.

Bobby still hadn't gotten past first base with Marisol, Skank Layer dude (Matt, sorry) hadn't made his own move on the blonde sister and I kept wondering what effluvia, plus bedbugs, fleas and whatever were on that blanket Karla and Damian were rolling around on during the conjugal prison visit.

Thank God I wasn't eating dinner during this show.

This little 15-year-old is extraordinary in her anguish scenes. I hate seeing go through these, knowing how young she is...but come to think of it, when you're 15, you're usually crying just like that over some impossible "real" love. So....I'll quit worrying.

Thanks Beckster, love your humor and your irreverance.
 

Three years despues? OMG! So much to say! But I don't have time to read the recap or comment much, as I have to catch a train to Albany (2 1/2 hours north of NYC) for a meeting that may take two hours. Then we will ride 2 1/2 hours back. I will get a lot of knitting done.

Anyway, two continuity questions that came to mind while I was watching last night. Mili called Brau "Tio" in front of Hugo at the grad party. Then when someone else came over she didn't I guess since Hugo knows, she calls him Tio in front of him.

Luci seemed to say to Connie that she knew he had his "missing" daughter there (while the others were away). I thought he doesn't know she knows?

I loved that Mili paid for school for the girls. Also, I still love Connie. He's being a tool, but he loves Mili. Oh, so much more, but I must go!
 

Interesting that 3 anos despues, we dont know anything about Alejandro. Where is he? Does he have any kids? And could somebody explain to me why Mili didn't just call him (he must have a cell phone) and tell him what she found out from his mother-from-hell? He would have come back in a flash, but then of course there would be no story for the next four months. I thought Allison's acting was terrific, but I would have liked to understand her motivation for not trying to contact him, get him back. it wasn't as though he had had a church wedding which Mili as an orphan brought up in a convent would have respected. Oh well....
Although I think the actress who plays Val is pretty, it is unbelievable that she would become a successful Parisian model. She's too short and not thin enough, and doesn't have an interesting face. Oh well again....
If there were lapses in logic, at least the acting in this episode was very good. NJ SUE
 

Great recap as always beckster!

Sue-my sentiments exactly. You just posted perfectly what I was about to...With these novelas we always have to suspend reality and just go with the plot devices to drag it out to the end. Otherwise it would just be a two-hour made-for-TV movie on Lifetime.

I did think that maybe Mili was trying to be unselfish and wanted Alejandro and Flor to be happy. Once he signed the marriage contract, he was gone in her eyes. You know the whole until death do we part thing...or maybe because Flor's dad would really kill him this time.

As for the 3 years later...I too was astonished that the girls were just finishing prep school. Couldn't it have been a junior college or finishing school at least? Didn't they have any education in the convent? Why were they so far behind?

And while most people would have been back for a visit in three years, I can understand why Al & Vale would rather not!

Jewels
 

Regarding the streching of time in novelas...

Does anyone remember a long time ago on TBS they use to remake movies in 30 seconds using chimps? It would air with the commercial breaks. Kind of like they do with dinner & a movie now.

Jewels
 

Beckster: Masterful as always.

Agreeing with other commentators, I was surprised that Mili didn't beat on Luci when she heard the latest bit of news because that's what Mili's done on all other occasions when someone pushed her buttons. Maybe her education at the Prepa has changed her somewhat.

And, we know Al had a cell phone, but, of course this story couldn't have ended last night. Logic and the need to fill air time don't mix.

From lower Ala
 

Thanks Beckster!

Holy cats, tres años! Even the characters had to keep saying it to remind us of this warp speed progression.

My main question, like other commenters have raised, is why couldn't Mili have picked up a phone sometime during these three years and let Al in on the big lie? That's not something you just let go, even if you don't want to have bad manners and spoil the honeymoon!

If there was any doubt before, we now know Luci will suffer a really bad ending. My husband doesn't understand much Spanish, but when I said "there is no way she really just said that now" (when she told Mili the truth as Al & Flor drove off) he said "whatever she said, she's enjoying it". Not only is she evil, but she wallows in the evil!

I can't believe Bobby & Marisela have been in a holding pattern for three years. Qué the hell?

Poor Rocky is going to have a rocky road (sorry!) getting back into Valeria's good graces.

And finally, I'm sure Florencia has been trying to fully lock down Al by having a child. I hope she hasn't succeeded!

With four months to go and such young protaganists, we just might have more warp speed progressions to come. It certainly opens up the storyline!
 

3 YEARS? I am suffering from whiplash. And yet, nothing has changed except the old-lady decor.

I thought Rocky agreed to stay away from Val for only 2 years. Did I hear wrong? I can't believe he could last 3 years without letting Val in on the plan.

I can believe that Mili wouldn't tell Al what she now knows. She thinks that once he's married, that's that, and telling him it all could have been different would just hurt him more.

That wedding was pitiful. They really don't have many friends, do they? Also, I thought Flor looked like a Disney princess in that goofy gown, and not in a good way. Has Disney done any Mafia Princesses?

Loved the flashback scenes, though. Everything has changed so much. This show really keeps the plot moving.
 

I can understand exactly why Mili has remained silent. She doesn't want to tell Al that Connie isn't his father. Even though she knows the relationship is bad she isn't going to be the one to really wreck his life even further. I find it somewhat heroic of her to be thinking more of him then herself.

Anyway Luci' smug satisfaction when she spilled the beans was so vicious, that I who am not usually a violent person, wanted to leap through the screen and choke her or take a knife and cut her throat. I was shocked at how furious she made me. I then spent the rest of the night thinking how she should end up.

My vote is that she ends up a toothless, lice ridden hag sitting in a barrio gutter sipping rot gut tequila out of a brown paper bag (retaining her snobby image of being a lady) and that a big limo rolls by with Al and Mili and their children and they toss a couple of peso out the window at the poor ugly old drunk.

Once again a party, like the camp out, with people who make no sense being there. OK Mat because he is her lawyer, Bobby because he has been friendly to Mili and is her tie to Al but Mat lecherous friend and Marisela - oh puleeze. MP 2 has her eye on the Rat which is fine with me and let Bobby find a nice decent girl without a Mafioso father.

Interestingly enough the only people who looked like they changed over the three years were Hugo (who looks light years better) and Mili. We don't know if Al has been around during that time but he was after all going away to Chavezland to be away from Mili and after that agonizing good bye psycho Flo would make sure of it and as for hanging on by a death grip of pregnancy I wouldn't rule it out.

I must say I once again loved Connie's obvious pride in Mili. He knows that she is special and he now no longer has any excuse to deny her knowing, from him, that he is her father. I'm not counting on him blurting it out tonight wither, unfortunately and wonder what it will take for him to finally do it. There are sure to be tears all around (mostly from me).
 

Julia - the Disney Princess thing made me laugh, my husband asked if she was supposed to be Snow White!

Decie Girl - you're probably right about Mili's reasons for not letting Al know the truth, it follows her reasoning for other decisions she's made along the way. But it's just so frustrating! And I agree Hugo is looking better. Last night he reminded me of Edward Albert (here's a link to an obituary for him showing pictures of him in his 20s and then in probably his 40s)
www.altfg.com/blog/actors/edward-albert-obit/
 

Hilarious recap, Beckster!

What a weird episode. It’s amazing that Vale hasn’t come home to visit in 3 years, and ditto Al. And, as others have noted, that the young crowd haven’t progressed at all in their romance lives. Since people on this show marry at the drop of a hat, how are Mili & Hugo and Bobby & Marisela (or whatever her name is) still just going steady? At least we know Chamuco is still saving up. I was sorry we didn’t get to have an episode all about Horacio and Socorro’s wedding. That would’ve been nice.

Yeah, Hugo’s hair sure looks better, and I wonder who is going to play Gamuza now. Gloria’s mom hasn’t lost a pound being in a coma.

I felt sorry for Lina and Gloria at the graduation party. Connie says congrats Mili, oh, and by the way Lina and Gloria too, but Mili is something really special.

Julia – Disney princess! What a hoot and you’re so right.
 

Snow White was exactly what I was thinking, especially with the little headband.

We didn't see any flashes of what Al and Flor have been up to, have we? Maybe that's coming up tonight. Although it might be too sad to watch. Usually when Al cries, I'm like, "Buck up, crybaby! Pull it together and think for once!" but when he was sitting in his room sobbing before his own wedding I thought that was really sad. I still wish he hadn't gone through with it; I know Flor's dad threatened him about leaving her, but...there are always ways one can motivate the other person to do the breaking up, aren't there? Maybe not if they're totally delusional.

I don't think Luci is redeemable; she must die a horrible death. I like the Luci-in-the-gutter idea, with all her family married to former servants and thriving.
 

Wow...the writers really scored a strong reaction with this one.

What I kept thinking was, "Who's going to pay the hospital bill for 3 years in a coma"?

Don't know the health care situation in Mexico but Yolanda surely didn't have health insurance and even if she did...in this country the costs would be impossible.

Oh well, how nice we don't have to worry about all that...it's a telenovela!
 

Julia, I may be in a fog about this but it seems to me that Domingo didn't threaten Al so much as others in his life i.e. Mili. I also think Al has been so shattered by what he has leaned that nothing really matters to him so going through with a wedding to someone he doesn't love is just taking the line of least resistance.

I am not surprised that Val didn't come back for a visit. Why should she? Rocky told her it was all about the money, her father didn't hide his effort to keep them apart and she knows her mother has no real feelings for her. She knows Al is miserable and she remains the only person in the family who doesn't know that Mili is her sister. Looks like she is coming home to night and rocky is sure to pay for his terrible lie. I fear Val may come back more like the cold Luci brat she was in the beginning and not like the girl we were coming to like so much.
 

I think the only thing Luci has actually cared about was her kids. On Al’s wedding day both he and Vale told her they were the most miserable person on earth. So all her meddling to make them do what she thought would make them happy just cost them both their happiness, and cost her having them around. Hence her 3-year long seclusion with her bottle.
 

Re Edward Albert: I was thinking that for weeks, but I didn't know if anyone would remember him. Remember, he was the SON of Eddie Albert of Green Acres.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder