Saturday, July 12, 2008

As seen on Hugo and Mili's wedding

“Lo prometido es deuda” (What’s promised is owed) so I am including the lyrics for “Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti” as well as a finished version of “Rata de Dos Patas” (thanks to NinaK who did the bulk of the work on “Rata”). I have also attached the clips for both songs as were posted on Monday’s recap.

Quick note: There are a few different ways to say “tener ganas,” so I chose crave.

http://www.musicstarx.net/videos/video-and-lyric-of-hoy-tengo-ganas-de-ti-miguel-gallardo/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPvulfcxV1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G03edz_1DmE

Hoy Tengo Ganas de TiLetra y Música de Miguel Gallardo

Fuiste ave de paso
Y no se por que razón
Me fui acostumbrando
Cada dia mas a ti.
Los dos inventamos
La aventura del amor.
Llenaste mi vida,
Y despues te vi partir.
Sin decirme adios
Yo te vi partir.

Coro:

Quiero en tus manos abiertas
Buscar mi camino,
Y que te sientas mujer
Solamente conmigo,
Hoy tengo ganas de ti,
Hoy tengo ganas de ti.
Quiero apagar en tus labios
La sed de mi alma.
Y descubrir el amor
Juntos cada mañana.
Hoy tengo ganas de ti,
Hoy tengo ganas de ti.

No hay nada mas triste
Que el silencio y el dolor.
Nada mas amargo
Que saber que te perdi.
Hoy busco en la noche
El sonido de tu voz,
Y donde te escondes
Para llenarme de ti.
Llenarme de ti ,
Llenarme de ti…….

Coro


Today I Crave You – Music and Lyrics By Miguel Gallardo

You were a migratory bird
And I don’t know for what reason
I became accustomed
To you more each day.
We both invented
The adventure of love.
You filled my life,
And then I saw you leave.
Without saying goodbye
I saw you leave.

Chorus:
I want in your open hands
To look for my way.
And for you to feel (like a) woman
Only with me.
Today I crave you
Today I crave you.

I want to quench my soul’s thirst
In your lips.
And to discover love
Together each morning.
Today I crave you
Today I crave you.

There is nothing sadder
Than silence and pain.
Nothing more bitter
Than knowing I lost you.
Today I look in the night
For the sound of your voice,
And where you are hiding
To fill myself with you.
Fill myself with you,
Fill myself with you...

Chorus

Rata De Dos Patas

Rata inmunda
Animal rastrero
Escoria de la vida
Adesfecio mal hecho

Infra humano,
Espectro del infierno,
Maldita sabandija,
¡Cuanto daño me has hecho!

Coro:
Alimaña,
Culebra ponsoñosa,
Desecho de la vida,
Te odio y te desprecio

Rata de dos patas,
Te estoy hablando a ti;
Porque un bicho rastrero,
Aún siendo el mas maldito,
Comparado contigo
Se queda muy chiquito

Maldita sanguijuela,
Maldita cucaracha,
Que infectas donde picas,
que hieres y que matas.

Coro

¿Me estas olliendo inútil?
¡Hiena del infierno!
¡Cuanto te odio y te desprecio!

Maldita sanguijuela,
Maldita cucaracha,
Que infectas donde picas,
Que hieres y que matas.

Coro


Two-legged Rat

Filthy rat,
Despicable animal
Dreg of life
Malformed folly

Subhuman,
Spectre from hell,
Damned bug
What damage you have done me!

Chorus:
Vermin,
Poisonous snake,
Refuse of life,
I hate you and scorn you.

Rat of two paws,
I am speaking to you;
because any lowly insect
Though it may be the most damned,
Compared with you
Falls short.

Damned leech,
Damned cockroach,
That infects where you bite
You injure and you kill.

Chorus

Do you hear me useless one?
Hyena from Hell!
How I hate and Scorn You!

Damned Bug,
Damned Cockroach,
That infects where you sting,
You injure and you kill.

Chorus

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks so much for doing this, Margarita! I put the tag on for you.

I can see where I made a mistake or two. Verb tenses are so difficult!
 

Thanks Margarita....It'll be fun to have this in my Spanish notes. That was a very funny moment in a very emotional episode!
 

Just a quick correction for "bicho rastrero" which actually means "crawling insect."

Thanks for tagging NinaK - no matter how much I tag and click the Permalinks, I can never get my posts to go where they belong. Someone mentioned having problems with Mozilla, and I wonder if that's part of my problem. As for the verb issue, this was compounded by the fact that there were typos in the original version, making it that much harder to find the right word. Don't feel bad, I've been speaking Spanish as long as I've been speaking English and still get confused!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder