Thursday, July 31, 2008

Enemiga- Wed. 7/30 Jaime reaches out, Chalo is out on the prowl, and Lore is out of luck and line then in front

Sis wants to get back with Ernesto though she acknowledges that Bro never liked him. Well she never liked any of his girlfriends for marriage either, but he has to think about marriage. He’s not interested in getting married and she says he hasn’t met the right girl yet, but he ain’t getting any younger.

Wah wah, Lore tells her school friend that her paper was erased and she’s double screwed because she couldn’t buy knives and doesn’t have any.

Young kid buys Old man’s car, complaining that it is too old and no stereo. Ingrate.

Lore tells Ernesto of her computer woes. He says he’s sorry he can’t make any excuses for her, he asks the class and of course they all forget that they might need a favor someday and say no, so she is SOL. He notes this isn’t her first error, either.

She voted for Alonzo as best doc and finds his file so he would vote for her.

Ogre denies A second chance for Lore to get extra time to finish her paper.

Old man gives proceeds to Chalo, Sara shows up and he invents something to get rid of her.

Arturo tells Valeria his business has failed and is bankrupt. Of course she reems him a new one.

Sara shows up much later and she and Chalo discuss that the old bag has disinherited Vasco for taking up with the commoner and that is good for them because it leaves only Sara and Jaime as heirs. Chalo says if they play it right, they’ll end up with her as the only heir. They discuss that they could make it look like a sucide and to do so they need proof Barb has a lover. I see where this is going....

Lore whines that she might lose her Beca from all these screw ups. Alonzo consoles her.

There is a knock and Val is there saying she has no where else to go.

Al lets her in and Lore is nice and lets her talk to him. She confesses her marriage is hell.

MA, completely disillusioned about her son tells Art that wife said ugly things because she was mad and she’ll back down soon. Mami says he has talent he just hasn’t had good luck.

Val doesn’t want this example for her kids. Al wonders if she thought About separating but she like a dingbat says but I still love him, and my kids too, and even if not a good hubby, he’s a good Pa.

Barb bitches to Jaime about Snorty changing her will. Jaime basically ignores her.

Zully is running with Sara who is being a brat. Maru meets up with them because Rossy mentioned she runs here. Sara doesn’t want to be running she wants to be sleeping and leaves now that Zully has company.

Vasco puts Mozart on her baby belly, so cute, he talks to it but isn’t sure what to call himself.

Sara comes in and makes a smart remark about him being a good papa.

Zully is running ahead and turns around to see Maru pretty wiped but Maru says she’s ok except for tachycardia. They rest.

Pa is studying and Julian promises his money to Pa.

Rosy is still trying to push the borrowing of knives on Lore from the witch but Lore won’t hear of it. They discuss what she is going to do.

Patti shows up with cuchillos for Lore, her friend graduated and doesn’t need so is lending them.

Paula yells at Dario that he is hiding money from her and his daughter and that he is really earning 4x the salary he told her about. She has friends at the bank and saw his accoutns we he of course counters is illegal.

Rossy seems jealous of new friend and smirks.

Cat fight in front of apartment but ends up with Pau screaming for half of the spoils.

After they leave, Pau enters the apartment and states that she will now make Jacqui end up in a manacomio. She begins rearranging everything.

Dario says Jacqui can’t go with him to work, and she has to go home. Of course she comes in when Pau is still there. She tells herself to be calm, opens her eyes and freaks out then discovers the purse and soon discovers Pau and wrangles with her a bit. Ghosts don’t use purses, only witches. I’m just curious how she knows this, maybe ghosts do! This fight continues with throing and punching.

At home Al is making waffles. Pa wants to know if he’s still mad. He tells Al about paying off the boy.

The fight continues and there are many things broken on the floor. They heave insults and finally la Loca leaves.

At Snorty’s our resident slimeball Art is interviewing for a job.

Outside Sara is talking to Chalo who is following Barbara trying to find out who her lover is. Sara then goes in and meets the wolf, Art is going to be the new assistant in planning for Jaime.
Jaime goes to see Di at the Green firm.

Snorty and Sara chat about her hiring someone to help out Jaime, she is worried whether this person can be trusted and suggests instead Vasco whom Snorty never wants to hear of and confesses she disinherited.

Jaime tells Di that he just wants his son to be happy and if he is with her then he approves. He says he is trying to be a better person.

Bruno yells at Val for not getting him results despite having problems at home. She apologizes. Head Doctora over hears this and tell Bruno yelling isn’t the way to do things. Follow procedures instead. Bruno says OK, then let me do so first by reporting Al for raising his voice to me. Doctora looks interested.

At the kitchen Ogre is showing class how to debone chickens. He walks around like Hell’s kitchen making remarks at every student til he gets to Lore and tells her she did it really fast to which she replies that she actually did it a different way. He asks why she’s here if she’s just going to do what she wants.

She says she could do it his way but thinks hers is just as fast if he’d let her prove it. He does, and says the whole class will do it this way and asks her to move to the front.

At home Al and Lore are discussing that the Ogre softened a bit and she thinks he’s pretty great. Al is a little jealous until Lore tells him that Ogre can be the best chef, but he is still full of defects and she doesn’t want to talk about him. Al agrees.

At the lesser house Sara is on the phone yelling at Chalo to not give up watching Barb. Ma hears this conversation and wonders who is getting talked to. Sara fakes that it was a vendor and that is part of her job.

Vasco and Di discuss Jaime’s visit and that Vasco should think about not being bitter. Vasco says that’s why he visited him and saw him so sad he recommended him to see a doctor, that a pscyhiatrist is what he needs.

Ma still wishes Sara didn’t work there. Sara fakes that she read the book Zully gave her and says she has a recipe. Just then the phone rings and Ma leaves her to work.

On the phone Chalo says that Sara was right and Barb is about to meet her lover. OK, this is great a gimp tailing someone. Now that’s not notable is it. He sees them hugging before going in to the room just enough so he can get a good pic of them.

In the hotel room of lust the pair discuss jaimne’s depression and Art winning over the old bag.
Pau is licking her wounds at her apartment when mad Dario pounds on the door. He yells at her for what she did and goes to hit her when Betti screams for him to stop. Pa yells at Betti to go to her room and when she’s gone threatens Pau this will be the last time.

Rossy and Julian are doing his homework. Just then Al and Lore comes in and start quizzing him on the Futbol stats. He gets them all until he’s stumped on the weight of the ball, but it’s a joke, he doesn’t know.

Dario and Pau keep screaming at each other. Betti looks on at the fighting and finally can’t take it anymore and doesn’t understand why they divorced if they will keep fighting with each other.
At Al’s he’s trying to make some moves instead of watching the film. Lore turns shy and shrugs him off. Finally he’s acting like a guy.

At the seedy hotel Sara views the photo and discovers that Art who started working at the company is the lover.

Labels:


Comments:
Good morning Fuego...thanks for writing up this crisp, clear recap, despite being overloaded with "stuff" going on. Valeria, take your cue!

Felt really sorry for Gramps. He loved his car and here's the little punk, turning up his nose and sneering at the vehicle like it's unworthy.

Have you ever had a car you absoloutely loved to death? My first car was a very old Morris Minor convertible. $400. A real tin can. Burned oil so bad you had to stop every 100 miles and put another can in. I was the queen of dipsticks but I loved that car.

Fortunately, when I had to get a more reliable car for traveling long distances, an older neighbor (like she was in her 30's...that seemed old to me) with kids bought it for tootling to the grocery. And fortunately she had the money to fix it up and get it running right.

Our dear old Don Toribio deserved better. Oh well....

Thanks again Ms "K"
 

Loved our white Mustang. Every time Hub sees one on the road , he says , ''There's your next car, Susy.''
 

I was psyched when Jaqui caught Paula! Finally something goes right. Still no fun for Betina though. :(

Al's unbelievable. Lorena basically can't say the slightest positive thing about any other man without him getting jealous. Are there women who find this flattering? I just think it's pathetic. I don't see a very fun future for them.

I remember my first car. It was ugly and my parents were sort of pushing it at me because it was someone they knew, but I was so excited to have a car, I didn't care. Plus, it had a cassette player. Unfortunately that was the only part that worked very well. The muffler fell off. My parents felt guilty, and they wanted a new car anyway, so they traded that in and let me have their older car.

I paid for that first car. (It was an Aspen - I wish I had a picture.) I am stunned when I hear about kids who whine when the car their parents GIVE them is not to their liking. Maybe an uncool car looks much cooler when you have to pay for it yourself.
 

Well, since we're telling car stories, I'll tell you about my second great love (there were some meaningless affair cars in between).

It was a "Champagne Edition" Volkswagon bus. Pure 70's. Mahogany and deep orange. Cordorory upholstery (impossible to clean when your kids spilled Frosties on it) but if someone had to whiz and you couldn't stop, there was enough room for them to go in a paper cup. (warning, paper cups disintegrate quickly with pee in them).

I loved that car soooo much. When we had to trade it in for a nondescript Detroit minivan, I swear (I am not making this up) I used to drive by the used car lot and look at it until finally someone bought it and it disappeared.

Ahhhh lost love.

Now I'm driving a battered 94 Honda but baby, it gets me where I'm going and most of the dents and scratches are my fault.
 

Susanlynn....turquoise mustangs are nice too! (not that I've ever had one) but a friend drives a restored one from the 60's and it's hot hot hot!
 

Mine was a '62 VW, well battered. We covered the dents with flourescent flowers and Bandaids! There were huge holes in the floorboards so I would leave the windows down in the car wash to get the inside clean also. Sold it for the princely sum of $25, and worth every penny.
 

Ohmigosh...we had a VW with holes in the floorboard too!, Emily. A Beetle...my husband's car, bought used of course 'cause he was a poor professor and I was making zilch as a reporter.

It was old enough though to be a Classic and finally a police officer bought it from us and restored it to full splendor.
 

When I went to buy my first car, the choice was between something practical and a yellow (with black top) 1969 Ford Torino with a 350 V8. Guess which one I got. It tilted to the left, I think I replaced every single part in the first two years, but man, that acceleration! When someone hit me from behind (I was fine), I didn't fix it, but used the insurance money to buy my first electric guitar. Now it tilted to the left and had a big dent. Wish I still had it, though.
 

First of all I'm glad that Sara now has a new object for her evildoings - may be Lorena will catch a breath ( for a little bit).

Paula finally got what she deserved - I couldn't stand her sneaking into the house. And I definitely feel sorry for Betina: girl probably will end up with her grandpa under prolonged therapy session. Good think that they have therapist in a family ( for material and other reasons).

Have you noticed how jealous was Rosy when Patty brought the knife set! Wow, this girl getting jealous of everybody! Worse then Alonslow.

I really liked the scene with the Mozart and this pause when Vasco couldn't figure out who is he to the little one - it was so sweet!
Hey, we need a little bit sugar here!

Overall I liked this episode.
 

Oooh...I can just see that Ford Torino now! Hot hot hot! And the final trade-in? insurance money for an electric guitar! You're an interesting guy, Hombre de Misterio.

Eve, yes....that was a sweet scene with Vasco and Diana. Except the look on Diana's face!!!! She seemed a little creeped out by the whole thing. You're right though, we're in dire need of a little "sugar".

I'm really perturbed by the slant this is taking...they're going to try and cause Jaime's death...just when he's getting redeemed! Disturbing. But hey, maybe it will take the heat off Lorena.

And what's with non-stop jealousy? Is this telenovela or Hispanic culture, period? I don't know enough about attitudes to be able to tell.
 

Oooh...and while we're reminiscing about cars.... I learned to drive on a 1949 Hudson. If any of you have seen those, they're like an upside down bathtub. It was brown and the ugliest thing ever.

The gearshift was on the steering wheel. This was before synchromesh and working the clutch and shifting just about did this hyper-nervous teenager in.

In 1958 my family could finally afford a new car. A "midnight blue" Buick convertible with a white top. When I was in a snit, (teenage hormones) I'd take it and drive 100 miles an hour along the highway. Guess I'm lucky to still be here.
 

I thought it was interesting that when Lorena was talking about her teacher and she called him Ernesto, Alonso immediately picked up on it. Our little Angel asked him if he was jealous AGAIN.I agree that it is not flattering when a man is always jealous. It means that he's insecure and untrusting. Not a great basis for a relationship. I also found it interesting that lorena was not jealous when beautiful Dr. Valeria showed up and wanted to talk to Alonso.She understood and discretely left.Is there any hope that these two won't wind up together, even if their names come above the title??? I really would like to see Lorena with hot Ernesto... NJ sue
 

Hi NJ Sue....I noticed that too...Lorena was completely trusting and left Alonso and Valeria in the house together. Of course.

Alonso has been jealous from the beginning. And has also wanted to push the physical side of the relationship along much faster than convent-raised Lorena is comfortable with.

If you want to read something funny, go back to Ferro's recap of the very first episode. His take on Alonso as a stalker was hilarious!

I thought Lorena would be better off with Ernesto until I saw the way he nit-picked with the poor housecleaner at his apartment! (Tuesday's episode)

Vasco would be nice...but he's a blood relative (even though they don't know it) and Diana has already won his heart.)
 

In previous episode there was a discussion about Lorena's inability imagine that others can do something that she would never did. It was related to Sara but now the same thing with Alonsow ( with Valeria) - she wouldn't do anything herself in the same situation ( with Ernesto?), at least at this point. Probably the Ernesto part would change pretty soon
 

I guess my favorite car was my second one, a '70 Camaro w/ 350 but no A/C. It was such fun when Emilia and I drove from Florida to Sacramento in '74 to include crossing the Mojave in June. We still tell tales about that trip and the car. Sold it a couple of years later when I realized it was kinda tough lifting a car seat full of baby out of the back seat.

While watching the Paula - Jacqui contest, the thought came that it would have been much more fun to have them both in thongs, oiled down and in a kiddy pool full of green jello. Kinda like the Iraq-Iran war from the '80's, that is, an a-hole vs a-hole confrontation. Good excuse to drink beer with no dog in the fight.

Speakin' of drinking beer, I see Cindy McCain now has the ethical dilemma of whether to follow her new corporate master, InBev, which does business in Cuba. Pay me and I'll pretend to care.
 

Hey Kris, thanks for the very amusing recap!

I think Ferro pegged Dr. Botox from the first episode...stalker AND jealous. These traits seem to go well together probably having to do with a sense of ownership. I'm not a psychiatrist so I don't know what in the heck I'm talking about. Just saying.

OK, I'll weigh in with my first (but not necessarily my favorite) car. It was a 1964 VW Fastback that some friends of ours had shipped from Germany when they moved back to the states. My parents helped me buy it in '73 when I was a senior in high school. I loved it because it could fit about 6-7 of my girlfriends in it to drive to the beach (not very save by today's standards)but best of all it had a European Blaupunkt radio with a long wave frequency! I loved listening to the weather, aviation and commercial.

Hey Mike, interesting idea about the smack-down between Jaqui and Paula. I'll bet my boyfriend would stop griping about me watching too much spanish-speaking TV if there was more of that on!!
 

From beloved cars to green jello to Cindy McCain to drinkin' beer....I love the ways these blogs veer off....

And Eve, I think because our heroine is so pure of heart, nothing will happen with Ernesto until Alonso does something really STUPID...but hey, that could be in the next 5 minutes!!!!

Sylvia...I can just see you in that car, steamin' down the highway with the Blaupunkt radio going full blast. Ah youth!
 

Gosh Judy, it feels like yesterday, doesn't it? How I wish I had the endless energy I had then but with the shrewd cunning I have gained with maturity. On second thought, I guess we would all be too dangerous if we demonstrated that sort of comination!
 

Dear Cap'n Sylvis / Gidget Sharkbait !!! Ahoy, were you a surfer chick ???? ^^^Susanlynn, who loves to be at the other ocean but not on a surfboard, Dude !
 

I forgot to mention the Ernesto's nit-picking job ( thanks, Judy for reminder) - oh-oh, I don't know, probably this is one of the reasons why he is still single ( apart the "amor real").

I think that Lorena will be with hawt nit-picking chef for awhile and by the end of this wonderfull story ( somewhere in December or so) in the very last episode she will marry Alonslow ( oops - was it a flashback from LFMB?)
 

Well, alas, Eve...yes, they drag out these misunderstandings ad nauseum and the lovely church wedding will be right at the end. And by that time we'll be thoroughly sick of 'em!

Maybe Ernesto will settle down and marry Patty...she seems to have her feet on the ground.

And hopefully, Sara and Chalo will be burning in hell somewhere. (although I have to ask forgiveness for such a wicked wish).
 

You all had way better first cars than I did. My first car was a really HUGE and hideous brown station wagon which I shared with my sisters when we were in high school. I can't remember the model. Dad gave it to us; he loved it and we hated it. Anyway, we called it the "Death Trap" because it really truly tried to kill us on more than one occasion, not to mention embarass us on the rest of the occasions. Like the time we were on really icy roads and the accelerator stuck down, or the time it skidded and spun across 3 lanes of icy highway (no, I was not going fast enough that this should have happened), or the time it stalled in the turn lane to the only road to the high school and made about half the students late. But when we tried to tell Dad these things the car did to us, he would take it for a test drive and it would behave perfectly, and he never believed us. I like my current bland nondescript but reliable 20-year-old Corolla much better.

I'm having trouble rooting for these protagonists. Does Alonslow have any redeeming qualities?
 

Wow...your guardian angel must have been working over-time Julie. Glad you survived adolescence.

I'm stuck here while a very expensive repair is going on with my 35-year-old Maytag dryer! so lots of time to chat on the blog.

We're all struggling with the lack of pizzaz in the "stars" of the show. In my view, Alonso's only redeeming quality is the way he looks with his shirt off....but Susanlynn doesn't even like him then! (muscles too lumpy) I'm a big fan of muscle definition so I'm cutting him some slack.

However he's jealous, insecure and a pretty boring conversationalist. And y'know, once the fire cools down in a relationship, conversation counts!!!!
 

Hey Susanlynn, no I'm not a surfer chick, just a wannabe. If I'd grown up in Hawaii or So Cal then probably, but Northern Cal waters are TOO COLD for me.
 

Okay Sylvia...so you're not a surfer chick...but here's a question I've been dying to ask for years....do you really look that much like Lety in Fea Mas Bella?

Your photo always cracks me up 'cause it's a perfect imitation, but is there "another Sylvia"?
 

Thanks all, yeah sorry this one was a little terse, because of my "stuff," but I wanted to get it in there. I was freaked when I checked and there were 23 comments already, holy cow!! Well seems they are all about cars. Fun topic.

My first car was a 1977 Honda Accord Hatchback with a manual choke and manual transmission that I didn't know how to drive. I paid for it myself. It worked great for about 6 months until someone ran a red light and slammed into me. Luckily, I only had minor injuries, though I got taken advantage of by the insurance adjuster and that incident really affected me. Anyway. I loved it.
 

Those insurance adjusters are scum aren't they "K"? Never want to pay you anything.

I still drive a manual shift car just because I don't want to lose the ability to do so....but I imagine my "last" car will be an automatic (if my kids are still letting me drive!).

Think my Maytag repair is just about wrapped up. Just have to write the big ol' check now.
 

JudyB.^^^I , too, am the proud owner of a Maytag washer and dryer. My friend Roger [from high school] sells and services them , and ...I really don't see Rog often because those appliances are so dependable. However, I think I read somewhere that the new Maytag appliances are not rated very high by Consumer Reports. Hope yours keeps on running. [Roger told me that the appliance companies usually build a 15-year life into their appliances now...so people wil buy new appliances. He took one look at the old GE refrig that someone gave us years ago [we have it in the familyroom] and said that it would probably last forever. Progress....?????
 

Thanks for the awesome recap K ;)

I hate the fact that Pau was running around breaking and entering and trying to drive Jaqui nuts. Yes, it was wrong of Jacqui to steal her man, but Dario is just as much to blame for doing the cheating and leaving and Pau has her share of blame for being such a psycho. Having said that, I sympathize with her need to find out if he was holding out on her financially. Pau stood by him when he was poor, stretched what little money he gave her to put food on the table for him and Betina and now that he's moved on he's not willing to give her what she's rightfully entitled to. Maybe if she felt a little less slighted, she would be more forgiving (or not, she's pretty insane). Kudos to little Betina for telling of her lousy parents. If Pau had been smart, she would have gone straight to a lawyer to do the financial investigating the right way and gotten herself her rightful piece of the pie. With her actions, he may well find a way to hide it all.

I lived in NYC for 10 years, so I came into cars much later than the rest of you. Mine was a 1989 Subaru GL Sedan. It had very low mileage, but the previous owner took such poor care of it (probably 'cause she never drove it) that it had a massive oil leak that had stretched out the time belt and damaged the water pump. It eventually coughed up and died (quite literally, there was smoke coming out of every grill when it overheated and finally blew a gasket). Still, it was my little tin can with 4WD that drove over chunks of ice and gravelly roads. My Matrix is a lot nicer, but it will not go uphill on my friend's driveway if there is any snow on it.

Judy B - Although things have improved over the years, Jealousy is a definite issue among many Hispanics. For men it tends to be an extension of the "machismo" complex in which they can't have someone coveting their "property" (their woman) and also the fear of others thinking they are "less of a man" if their women stray. For a lot of women, it's based on the fear and insecurity of being abandoned. This has improved over the years as more women have entered the 21st century with jobs and careers and have learned that there are plenty of other fish in the sea. Of course, this isn't true of all Hispanics, but some stereotypes have deeper roots than others. As for Rosy's jealousy, it seems pretty universal as she's as possessive of her friendship with Lorena as her courtship with Vasco. Maybe she lost a lot of friends as a child...That and the fact that her dad walked out on them. Incidentally, for both Julie and JudyB - Yes, "celos" come as a set, but there is another singular "celo" out there (besides the zeal JdyB mentioned): "en celo" which means "in heat."

Some stuff I didn't get to post on the previous recap:
Mike, "novios" is a very nebulous term. It usually refers to "boyfriend and girlfriend" or "going steady," but it is also the term used for a bride and groom. In some countries, it is tantamount to engagement and is rarely used unless people are living together. A girl I knew from Ecuador called her boyfriend her "pelado" (in Mexico that's used for people who are rude or uncouth) 'cause that's what they used when they'd been out together for so little (2 years!).

As to the whole Nature vs Nurture issue and whether Sara's DNA is evil. Let's not forget her parents dumped her in the garbage. Unless they had powers of clairvoyance to tell them she would be evil, chances are they were not very nice people. This is the evil DNA she inherited. Lore got her mom's gentle nature. I'm guessing Snorty's hubby was nice, but had no backbone. This is where Jaime got his personality from. Omar got mom's smarts and backbone and dad's goodness? That's probably where Vasco got them from as well. These are all guesses.
 

Margarita^^^Thanks for all the insights you provide. I appreciate your posts.
 

Ditto for me Susanlynn...Margarita is my "go to gal" for cultural information, religious info and idioms". Three for the price of one!

Love it that you also have Maytags. Mine are avocado green and clash nicely with the aqua wallpaper in my main level laundry room.

When my elderly repairman "Buddy" wanted to know if I wanted to pay for the expensive motor or get a new dryer, I said...repair, repair repair. He conceded that the new Maytags (taken over by Whirlpool) just don't last as long.

Hopefully by the time this one dies, someone else will be doing my laundry!
 

I had forgotten that I pegged Alonso as a freaky stalker in that first recap, but as soon as I read that it all came back to me. I guess you can call that good writing, that he has remained consistent? Nah. This show seems to have a real 'jealousy' theme. Alonso jealous of everyone. Lorena jealous of Sara's boobs. Rosy jealous of the girl in the bar with the dog (who is she, Paris Hilton of Mexico?) AND her own mother AND Lorena's schoolmate. I'm sure there are more examples.
 

Yes, Ferro, you pegged it from the first day. I still laugh when I think of you writing back OFF dude!

Gotta get busy writing Sylvia's recap now. She's still working in Hawaii. Do the words "work" and Hawaii really go together!?
 

Aloha Judy, no I don't really look like Lety, the photo came about as a joke when I got my new reading specs and laughingly posted that they looked just like Lety's. Melinama said "take a pic" so my workmate and I did and Meli posted to the sidebar. Then she asked for other recapper's pics to post as well. I only wear the specs for reading, etc.

THANK YOU for taking care of Thursday's recap!!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder