Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Guapos 07-08-08 "Que Sera Sera"

Wow another visit to loco mansion.
We see Flor pacing a deep path into the carpet as the ever patient “New Hugo” tells her to calm down, he trusts Mili. Al has been through a lot.
---Please someone cut back on Hugo’s meds, I want him to get a little fired up. Instead he is like some kind of Eastern Mystic. Que sera sera,
FYI..(Thanks to Wikepedia) The phrase was lyricist Jay Livingston's own variation[5][6][7] on "Che sera sera," a fictional motto which he had seen in the 1954 film The Barefoot Contessa.)
Authentic renderings of the phrase "whatever will be" in romance languages include:
French Ce qui sera
Italian Quello che sarà
Portuguese O que será
Spanish Lo que será
Catalan El que serà

This greatly explains when being a smart ass I have uttered this phrase, my husband would say, I don’t know what you are saying, I thought he just didn’t like the message. Geez…all this time I thought it was Spanish.
I like Al must live and learn. Lo que sera

Now meanwhile over at the soccer stadium, Al is lamenting his uber rotten life. The nights have been cold and gray. He is shivering, he needs Mili’s kisses, her hugs, the touch of her skin. “Help me,” he says. Geez didn’t he use much the same lines on Flor when he found out Mili was his sister. This guy…Hey I had a flat tire, let me dip my pen, Hey my shoe-string broke, let me dip my pen, hey my girlfriend, shoved my preggers girlfriend down the steps and she lost my fake baby, let me dip my pen, Hey I just found out I been groping my sister, let me dip my pen. Okay Okay I know it was a bit traumatic, but he doesn’t know that Flor has been lying to him for three years, so the fact that he left his 8month and three week pregnant wife standing back at the reception from hell, really doesn’t get any points from me.

Anyway, he now says Mili is the only one he ever loved, she is the only one for him in the world. Mili says she has always loved him. It is like watching the experiment scheduled for this summer at CERN, the SuperCollider, hydrogen and anit-hydrogen collide, giving us a view of the “Big Bang”.

Whoa, this close and God shines a light on our little atoms. Really it is Padre Manuel, but he is an agent of God. Just like a dose of cold water, our kids separate. Padre Manuel calls them down.

Back at the home of misery, Flor still just won’t shut the hell up. She goes on and on about what type of person Mili is, just the type to skip out on her Wedding Night and steal another’s wife, So typical of her class. Yes friends, the lower class women are fabled for their ability to marry and run off with some one else on their Wedding Nite, Egads, everyone knows this. Hugo patient man that he is has had about enough. He finally tells her that if Al goes with Mili, it is not Mili’s fault, it is everyone else, all the secrets, the lies. Mili and Al have both suffered for all this time. He lets Flor know that she too has been in on the charade all this time. Hugo just wants Mili to be happy. Flor with her little nose stud scowl (she is a bit of a ferret face), mocks Hugo. You married her knowing she loved Al? It is your Wedding Nite and someone else is taking his place. Hugo finally tells her to shut-up.

Rocky sneaks into Val’s room. Val also hates her parents, that is okay Val, we all hate your parents. She and Rocky do a little kissing, hugging. She tells him that Andrea and Nestor have moved in. Val says nothing will ever split them up. Rocky wants to ask Consti for Val’s hand. Afterall Consti is an honorable man. Damn Rocky, you just don’t learn do you? Val is not really keen on this idea.

Now over to the convent for a lecture, Que Sera Sera, you are married to Hugo and you young hombre have wife and kid on the way. You must move forward. Sister Chunky comes in with her glowering at Al and does the I got my eyes on you. Padre makes Al & Mili promise not to do the deed.

Audience I have a question, being a adult buffet Catholic, okay I know you are supposed to not tell stuff from a confession, but what if the person isn’t sorry and they are screwing with someone elses life? I mean Padre knew the whole time that Al wasn’t Mili’s brother and Luci was just keen on lying cause Mili was a nasty servent’s bastard. So isn’t keeping quiet really kind of like lying?

Okay so Padre tells them to go home and no monkey business (this covers no hawt monkey sex).

Flor and Hugo are still in the living room, she has caught a second wind and the only thing I can guess is that Consti did not replace the pistol in his desk after Karla tried to whack Damien, cause I am sure a bullet to the brain would have been much less painful than listening to Flor rant and rant and rant.

Out front Mili and Al are in the SUV. Al brings up the Wedding Night, like “You know what happens on a Wedding Night”, Mili just kind of nods. Al, “I wanted to be your first”. Mili is like, me too, Que Sera Sera.
---At this point, I’m thinking does Al just want to knock one off in the Suv?---

Back to the yammering….Thank Gawd Al & Mili walk in, Hugo stops braiding his tie into a noose and Mili runs into his arms. They go upstairs. Flor starts in on Al. Where were you, I’m pregnant, you left me and your hija and ran off with Mili.
---This hija thing is like a moot point, hija is like in bubble wrap, she wasn’t left on the front steps of the convent---
Al tells her he isn’t in the mood or STFU.

Now I just so don’t get this? Like a room downtown would have been out of the question. Having a honeymoon in that nest of vipers on a good day would not have been a good idea, tonight this just screams wrong.

In Mili’s room the bed is covered with petals from every rose in Mexico City, there is a huge vase of roses. Hugo asks her how she is. Fine, it was very hard for Al to hear all the lies and secrets. Hugo says, it is fine no hard feelings, I will set you free.
---Geez I feel I am strangely falling in love with Hugo and I usually don’t go for selfless guys, still Damien is my first choice---
Mili tells Hugo she wants to stay with him, she feels safe in his arms, he protects her.
This declaration is only lacking the cliché “I love you like a brother”. I am sure that has been left out due to her earlier unsisterly feeling towards Al when she thought he was her brother. They chat a bit about what a total RatBastard Consti is plus, Luci being a vendictive BSC drunk. Still Luci has had a sad life, Hugo counters. Now fans we know that Mili being the good little Catholic girl that she is, promised the evasive Padre that she wouldn’t be doing any deed doing with Al and how can she avoid that? By staying married to Hugo. Hugo tells her they can take it slow.
Hugo stop, you are making me feel like I should be a better person.

I forgot, in Al’s room, Flor is playing the poor poor pitiful abandoned wife role what strategically holding her belly baby bump. Al says I just found out all these lies and rather than help me, it is all about you.
He just keeps telling her he isn’t in the mood.

Now he creeps down the hall to listen outside the bedroom….Ewwwww
Flor catches him and drags him back to their room. Not your best moment Al.

----Now I’m not sure what we are supposed to think, I guess nothing happened cause we go straight from here to the next day---

Andrea and Consti are all happy love-birds in the bedroom, Andrea says she is now the senora of the house.

Downstairs, everyone is a bit down after the whole wedding debacle, Rocky is very happy and says he has his chica back. Everyone is happy. Hugo and Mili come in to eat with the vents, everyone welcomes Hugo. Lina is giving Mili the eye, Mili is like not now…we so know there is going to be girl discussion later. Brau announces that Andrea & Nestor have moved in…Mouths drop..It is so modern. Brau says no comments & no gossip. Pleeeeeeeeeezeeee.

Lina is dusting upstairs and singing to her ipod, Andrea comes out and tells her to tone it down, Andrea is resting. “At this hour”, Lina answers. Andrea tells her to go get breakfast, she is now the Senora of the house. Luci comes out and says get me breakfast, I am the senora of the house. This leads to cat calling insults…after Consti for money, you are old…blah blah blah.

Consti is sitting in the living room cutting an apple, no cares in the world. Al walks in and Consti has such a smirk on his face. “Well Consti”, Al says. Consti is like it’s all good. Al says, “You married my mother for money, that is why you always treated me bad, cause you had to take me as part of the deal.” Consti just continues to smirk. I so wanted Al to go all Aztec Warrior on his Ass. This is pretty painful cause you can see Al is seriously hurting. Consti just continues to smirk, “Nestor is a nice guy, rich has his own company and donated a lot to my campaign”. The more he talks the more furious Al becomes. Nestor comes in and Al walks out. Nestor and Consti gentlemen that they are, sit reading the paper in the living room.

Mili sees Val in the hall and congratulates her on getting back with Rocky. Val thanks her and pulls her into her room, Val apologizes for ever treating Mili bad, and how bad her parents are. It is a case of can you believe what freaks my parents are? Val feels bad for Al, Mili tells Val she must help Al. He is so alone. The girls (Val still doesn’t know that Mili is her ½ sister) hug.

Now Al is in the garden with Ferret faced Flor, Al has had it with his family, “Why, Oh why did we ever come back to Mexico?” Well cause of Mili, Flor answers. Now Al wants to run far and fast from the family. Here comes Domingo Soprano and slutty sister. Domingo wants to talk to Consti and leaves Flor with her sister.

Domingo leaves with Consti to the study. Nestor is feeling awkward, he tries to talk to Al, but Al excuses himself as he says he needs to talk to Hugo (who has just walked in). Nestor, you’ll get used to it, everyone act strange in this house. Nestor wanders off. Que Sera Sera

Hugo, tells Al he is sorry for all the drama and lies. Al beats around the bush. Hugo says just ask me whatever you want. Well we all know this is leading back to the Wedding Night. Mili comes in and says……..(Okay I totally forgot what she said, I’m sure it will be replayed tomorrow night), but the drift is as she puts her arm around Hugo, I am his wife…leaving Al to have a muy impacted look.

Personally folks….I don’t believe it.
Consti you set off my “Suckdar Meter” tonite, the smirking and eating the apple. You are such a prick and smirking at someone who is hurting like that. Yeah a nice word would have really cost you a lot wouldn’t it. I don’t care what Padre Evasive says, nothing short of an organ transplant would make me forgive these Asshats and considering the damage that has been done to said organs, a transplant would probably be out of the question anyway.

Tomorrow night, Al will walk in on Flor and Sis as they discuss how she has hidden the truth about his Bastardity from him for years.

This prompts me to question the Bastard issue…since it was brought up at least three time per episode, this would have been a perfect time to banter the term about.

Labels:


Comments:
Bless you Beckster, you slay me ;) I too was a little mortified by Al listening outside Mili's door to see if they were going at it. Dude, what a perv! Ok, we know he's more horrified than trying to get off, but still!!!

I can't decide whether I looooove this new Hugo (he's just so darn sweet and good and patient) or if I want to smack him and tell him to wake up and grow a set already! Then again, he made a nice contrast to Flo's BSC ravings.

Re: Mili's answer to the "did ya do it" question is basically in the affirmative. She says she's Hugo's wife and his "mujer." This is a term that carries all sorts of connotations. It can mean, as in this case, that she was "his" (ie, they consummated) but it is also a term that is used when referring to someone's wife, so she's technically not lying. Just to make life interesting it can also refer to a couple (specifically the female portion of said couple) that are "active" and perhaps even cohabitating though they are not necessarily married. Much like the ever so nebulous terms "novios" which can mean everything from "going steady" to an actual bride and groom.
 

Good point, Beckster, about the honeymoon...who would ever go back to their old bedroom in the house of horrors to seal the deal?

Was very relieved to see that Hugo was not going to pressure Milagros into a sexual relationship before she was ready...but on the other hand, given that he's been in love with her for 3 years and they're still only at the mini-kiss on the lips and under the chin type hug, the whole thing seems strange. However Hugo is much more handsome with the new haircut and nice tan....looking good!

Scene with Constancio and Alejandro was unbearable. I have a soft spot for that rat Constancio (I guess because the actor is so skilled) but I could have strangled him last night. So insensitive and deliberately cruel to someone who has never hurt him. Alejandro had no say in the marriage of Luciana to Constancio so why the vengeance?

Was also annoyed by yet another deliberately misleading statement by Milagros...trying to convince Alejandro that she had made love with Hugo so he would be free to remain commited to his wife and unborn child. Noble, perhaps, but why continue to mess with the truth when you've seen what diasasters lies and misunderstandings bring.

Okay, okay...if everybody told the truth these telenovelas would end very quickly. Hey...maybe a good idea!

Thanks for all the funnies, Beckster...loved your rant about "dipping his pen" as a solution to every setback, major or minor.
 

Thank you, Beckster, for the fun recap. And thank you for your scholarly research into "..what will be will be..." So, it's "..lo que sera ...", and not the Rosemary Clooney version, "que sera sera".

From lower Ala
 

Beckster, you truly have a gift! Thanks for the laughs.

Al outside Mili & Hugo's door - ick. Seriously. Ick.

Constancio was truly awful with Al. At some point I'm going to stop feeling any warm fuzzies about his feelings for Mili. He's only loved four people we know of - his mother, Mili's mother, Val & Mili. And look how he's treated all of them and/or what he's done to them in the name of love (in Val's case).

Andrea is really a trip. Suddenly she thinks she's the Senora of the house because she's openly shagging Constancio in the mansion?

Don't you love that Luciana still has the nerve to talk about how naco the servants are when she's living a Jerry Springer episode!
 

beckster, I totally agree on the inadvisability of doing it in Mili's bedroom. When she did the room makeover after Regina left she decorated it like a 12 year old girl would. Seeing it decked out in flowers with rose petals all over the fuzzy bedspread just made me think about how young the actress is and yick!

I need Florinda killed off, and fast! I am so sick of listening to her whining and I can't wait for Al to call her on her lies.
 

You know, only a week or so ago, Mili was crying in her room with her Kung Fu Panda. Definitely high on the ick factor the idea of having the honeymoon in Mansion Belmonte. Al listening in at the door? Eeeeww.

I liked the Mili/Val reunion. Connie eating the apple? Wow, that was cold. What happened to him in his childhood to make him this way?

Thanks again for a funny recap, Beckster.
 

No disagreement from me on Mili going back to the Belmonte Bordello for her honeymoon and Al's creepy behavior. Whatever possessed him?

Mili pretending "it" happened was done to force Al to remember he is married with a spawn on the way. No matter how she feels she will do nothing to break up his marriage or her version of what a happy family should be for the baby.

Floreeenda has gotten on my last nerve for weeks now and every time she whines about "Mi Marido" I want to slap her. She has no moral or ethical leg to stand on. She got Daddy dearest to force Al to marry her, she married a man she knew did not love her, she married a man she knew loved someone else and she married a man who thought he was in love with his sister which was a gigantic lie and she carries on as if her marriage was some fairy tale come true. Yuck get a life or better yet let Daddy find one for you. I truly worry about her ability to be any kind of a mother.

OMG those scenes in the morning were beyond priceless. Two harpies going at it like cats on a fence over who is the "Senora" of the house. News flash to bother of them - now that she is married the Senora of the casa is ta da - Mili.

Al and Connie with the one way snit fest - painful to watch but great acting by both. Oh and the two gentlemen of the casa reading their papers like it is perfectly normal to live like they are. Poor Lina and Gloria awkwardly trying figure out who was the patron. And demon Damian nowhere to be seen while everyone else is marking their territory. He does know how to keep out of the line of fire.

I found it surprising that Padre Manuel did not take the chance to tell Al that he is his uncle and would be there for him if he needed to talk. I guess he figures that the last thing Al wants is more unwanted surprise family but I think it might have been a comfort to him.
 

Loved this recap Beckster! You have such a fresh take on things. I also loved this episode which had lots of lovely scenes very well done.

I agree, JudyB, Hugo is very dishy.

I thought Connie was horrible too. And what I can’t figure out is why he would hate Al so much anyway. Al must’ve been a real cute little kid and who doesn’t love little kids?
 

And again...doesn't Mili own the house? Can't she throw out the entire Jerry Springer show?

But yeah, totally weird to go back to that insane asylum for the wedding night...they should have gone on a LOOOOONG honeymoon just to get away from that place for a spell while still officially "residing" there. They could get separate rooms or whatever and not have creepy Al lurking outside the door, which...dude. And I was liking you so much, too. Also, get over your double standards.
 

Maggie, I think he hates Al and did in the beginning because the child was a reminder of everything he had lost - Rosario and their unborn child. I imagine that every time he looked at the boy he was reminded that he was such a coward he allowed his father to push him into a marriage with a woman he didn't love strictly so that both family business and names would be protected. Al would be a constant reminder to him and he has gotten to the point where he doesn't care who knows it. This may even have worsened since Iili came into his life. I still find it odd that he seems to have no idea that his daughter is in love with his supposed son. Talk about clueless!
 

Decie and Julia, you are right--Mili owns the house. I thought of that last night too, and maybe the writers are giving it a few days before Mili does something with it?
 

Hello - This is an off topic question for NinaK from a few days ago. ?? Why do you contend and hence have such a strong pet peeve, that "mike" is the correct spelling instead of "mic"? I'm quite confused at that and find no support for it.

Both are nicknames anyway, shortened for the proper reference which would be "microphone." (small sound - from greek).

Shortening that word would indeed be "mic" and the only reason "mike" is used is because in English (the predominant language in the states) it was already a common Anglo name / word which had the same phoenetic pronunciation as the shortened term. This spelling is slightly ethnocentric, as English is probably the only language that changes that short spelling because of the long "i" sound.

In English, "mic" as read would have been typically pronounced with a short "i" sound, and well also around the time of this invention a "mick" was a popular derogatory term for an Irishman, and the long "i" would not have been as obvious.

[Ironically both "mike" and the term "mick" apparently derive from the ancient biblical name of Michael.]

Anyway, even though "mike" had probably been used longer to avoid vowel sound confusion and offense in English, I would argue that "mic" is actually more correct based on word origin.
Regardless, anytime I've seen it referenced, both nicknames are listed as proper terms without preference for "mike".


Linda
 

Okay, I have a question: Is a bed covered with rose petals romantic to other people? To me it just looks like a mess.

Hugo is looking hot, but he's totally delusional. He and Mili have been dating for 3 years, and by the time they get married she can just about stand to peck him on the lips? He may say he's willing to take it slow, but there's slow, and then there's no-go. And this is the guy who once got busy with Karla, just because she was there. What a delightful marriage this is going to be for everyone. Wonder how long they can keep up the act and make Al think they're behaving like normal newlyweds. He did some really excellent super-sad puppydog eyes when they headed up the stairs.
 

Linda, I have a pet peeve about the use of mike, but I don't think it's necessary to justify it with etymological support.

I spent many years as a magazine copy editor, and we would always choose a usage that could be read easily. Now that I am out of that field, I see that usages are changing, and I find it unfortunate.

Mike with a long "i" is spelled mike, not mic. If I see mic, I want to read it as "mick," and I find it jarring. There are other words in English that change their spelling when abbreviated, but I can't think of any right now.

Yes, I know that English is already a crazy language as far as spelling goes, but no need to introduce more confusion!
 

Julia

I'm no fan of a rose covered bed either. If it had been a few petals and candles maybe but not that full blanket , then again those poor girls probably think it is the most romantic thing in the world.

Hugo is delusional. I'm not really sure how much dating he and Mili did during Al's sojourn in another country and everyone in the house is so self absorbed no one would notice in Mili and Hugo slept in separate rooms or on separate floors for that matter unless one of the roving Romeo's stumbled into one of them in a room.

In a lot of ways Hugo is a male version of Florinda - willing to put up with anything to get what they want. He at least does seem to care for Mili and genuinely wants her to be happy while Flo just wants Al as hers even knowing it ain't ever going to happen.
 

Thanks Beckster - wonderful as usual. Aren't there any career women in this show? They are either servants or women with too much time on their hands - even Mili. The servants are the only ones who do any work. Oh I forgot, Val is a model :)

Lynne
 

And Andrea is a "secretary"...or wait, I think she promoted herself to "personal assistant." Although, now that she has adopted the title of "senora" she plans to give that up and make Constancio hire a new secretary who is ugly (I vote he hires the hottest young thing he can find, just to bug her).

Mili and Val should start a business together. They both need something to do. I cannot figure out what Flor does all day other than whine and stand around with her hand on her belly. I don't think she even reads or anything.
 

Hi, thanks for responding to me.

Obviously, I have a pet peeve about proclamations that a word is not used "correctly" and suggestions to blog members that we should "take a stance against" a use without etymological justification.

But, I can absolutely see the point of choosing "a usage that could be read easily" and having a pet peeve about using words that don't read easily. ;]

Thanks again,
Linda
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder