Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Pasión de Gavilanes, Mon., July 7, Juan and Ruth get out of the cabaña and into the pit


Juan and Ruth


I'm back from a very nice mini-vacation.

First, the boring part- Armando and Rosario. They hate each other; they love each other; they try and kill each other. Who cares? These two deserve each other.

It was actually amusing that Dínora, who had no compunction about torturing Juan would react so strongly when the matones were going to rape Ruth.
Juan gets a little payback on Dínora, not nice but understandable. Ruth had to point out that maybe they should get going before the matones came back.

So Franco finds Juan's cross in the burnt up cabaña. When did Juan lose it? As far as I can tell, he didn't have it on in from the beginning of the scene in Thursday's episode when he pretended to agree to Dínora's demands. He has it on in a scene that was cut from Wednesday's episode but is on You Tube. Between the scene where Fer and Dínora are talking and she says that there is just one thing that is keeping her around and where Norma comes out on the balcony, there is a scene where Juan is sleeping and he is clearly wearing the cross. He has a dream that he is in church getting married to Norma and then she turns into Dínora and she and all her family are laughing at him. There is the suggestion that Norma is picking this up because at end of the dream, Norma suddenly wakes up, checks the baby and goes out on the balcony.

Picky details- It probably would have been as cold in the cabaña at night as it was out in the open. Juan's shirt was completely destroyed by being used as a rope for him to climb out of the hole? It looked like it just got ripped up some. His pants would have made a better rope - stronger material and longer but whatever.

Labels:


Comments:
This is about LT rather than PdG. Awhile back I made a comment that it would be nice to find a cell phone ring tone for LT. I got my wish and here is the web site in case anyone is interested.

http://www.justsomelyrics.com/2213453/LaTraicion-Lyrics

The bad news is that even though it says “complimentary” the ring tone costs between $10 and $20 per month, depending on your carrier. Oh well, maybe I’ll just hum a bar or two of LT when my phone rings.

I miss checking in daily with all of the LT fanatics like myself. Jean, I am looking forward to seeing the early recaps when you get around to releasing them (you can call them “LT, the Early Months”). I'll check back on this PdG discussion page in case you mention that.

Nancy
 

Hi Nancy: Thanks for checking in. Never fear, I am working on the recap of the first episode of LT. Since I don't have a time deadline, of course it takes longer. I miss our LT discussions too. I have to actually do work when I am at work ;-( .
 

Thanks for including the missing scenes, Jean.

It was great that Dinora went ballistic at the thought of those thugs harming Ruth. That is her one redeeming quality--that she won't tolerate violence against women! (She just tortures them by kidnapping and killing their fiance.)

I'm glad to see this whole storyline end--especially Juan being beaten after he and Ruth had escaped. UGGGHHHH! I just about cried! I hate that they have to show scenes like this!

Glad to know you are working on LT, Jean. I don't know about everybody else, but I'm still going through LT withdrawl! 7:00 comes around and I feel so empty, and Victoria just doesn't cut it anymore. I'm too spoiled now! I have been seriously reading all the LT recaps so at least I understand alot more than I did, and can't wait to catch the episodes I missed.
 

Oooooh, a picture! Absolutely gorgeous. More! More!
 

Thanks for the info Jean, and for the info on the missing "Norma morphing into Dinora" scene. I may have to look it up at some point. Would that have been Epi 101?

This is kind of sort of OT, but I just caught an episode of Decisiones (cause I have nothing else better to do with my already dwindling free time) with Michel Brown (Franco) which was actually based in his life as he traveled from Argentina to the DF and eventually to Colombia to do what else? PdG!!!! You get to hear his real accent (a very mild one, so he might still be toning it down or outgrown it from living abroad for so long) and it features Rossana Fernandez Maldonado (Batty Bea from LT). If you want to look it up, it's called "Profeta en Tierras Lejanas" (prophet in faraway lands).

Speaking of "Decisiones," I posted on the thread for the last LT episode that they had one featuring Dana Garcia called "Mecanismo Ilusion." It also had Arturo and Ursula.

One more thing on LT - I was looking through YouTube (the withdrawal on this one is pretty bad) and was amazed at just how many fan videos were posted with LT footage and different songs (both in English and in Spanish). Most of them are quite good (though I some times get annoyed when they scroll the lyrics across the screen).

As for the TN at hand, I couldn't get over how clueless the Rosales clan are about their "little princess." Granted, we know they are exaggerating about her being a delicate flower and all that dribble, but they really have no idea of the evil spawn they produced. Wonder how they'll react when they figure it out. I got a kick out of the scene with Dinora in the faraway hut. Not because it was a good thing, but because her, um...attendant was heavily featured in Zorro! We never knew his character's actual name, but he was nicknamed "Camba" and "Tole" by Sor Loca and Sgt Garcia respectively. I wonder if he speaks much Spanish (he said nothing in this one and kept raving in a different language in Zorro).
 

Hi Margarita:
I recognized Dínora's companion from Zorro also but I couldn't remember his name. I was going to look it up but you saved me the trouble. I also wonder if he speaks Spanish.

There were 4 scenes from the Juan secuestrado story that were deleted from the rebroadcast. Two of them were on the scenes from mañana but then weren't included in the broadcast. Links to the You Tube videos are below.


PdG 100-4
http://tinyurl.com/6y6fjj

PdG 100-5
http://tinyurl.com/68r4e7

PdG 101-2
http://tinyurl.com/6dkq2v

PdG 103-2
http://tinyurl.com/5noqjy

I don't know about Zacarías but Úrsula Rosales had some suspicions about what Dínora was capable of or was doing. I think the Rosales are deluding themselves.

I missed the Decisiones with Dánna. I am having fun watching Gata Salvaje from the beginning. It's pretty silly and Mario needs longer hair and better acting skills but that voice.. I was a little concerned because there are no subtitles on the DVD's but I was pleasantly surprised. The sound quality is good (unlike You Tube videos) and I understand it perfectly.

Glad you liked the photo, Cindy. I am subtly trying to make people watching Fuego realize what they are missing!!!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder