Friday, August 29, 2008

Guapos Thursday, August 28, 2008: Sharpen your pencils, it’s a do-it-yourself recap night

Well, rats. In the paper, the TV schedule for tonight said all our shows at the usual times and the Democratic convention at 10:00. So I set my tape and went out to dinner with friends. I got home and turned on the TV at 10:00 and saw the closing credits for Guapos. Uh oh.

Since I always set the tape for an hour and 10 minutes, I did get the beginning part and here it is. For the rest, I hope you all can fill in with whatever you can remember. I am super bummed to have missed the show and to not have a full recap for you.

Here’s the first 10 minutes:

Luci is telling Mili that she should come live with her, but she remembers the stipulation in the will that Mili remain in the house. Mili breaks the news to her about the paper she signed giving Hugo everything upon their divorce. Luci says her brother takes the cake. Mili says she doesn’t care about her inheritance, that what Regina left her is in her heart, and that’s what counts. Mili says she would love to live with her.

Luci says it won’t be just the two of us. Cut to a scene of Alex smiling smugly, walking down the hallway of Casa Belmonte. He runs into Hugo who says wipe that stupid smile off your face. Alex says he’s a happy guy because he and Mili are going to go live together in Mili’s mother’s house. Hugo reminds him that he and Mili aren’t divorced and says don’t think he’s going to give his permission.

Alex says I’m not asking, I’m just letting you know. Don’t you think Mili and I have the right to build our new lives? Alex tells Hugo after impregnating Karla he needs to straighten out his own life and not waste time messing in the lives of others. Hugo says he and Mili are still married and Alex says not for long because the minute you are divorced, Mili and I are going to get married whether you like it or not. Hugo says we’ll see about that.

Luci tells Mili that Alex and the baby will be coming too. Blushing almost-virgin Mili says but there are only two bedrooms there and we’re not married. Luci says you will be very soon, and it’s not healthy for you and Hugo to live together in the same house. Mili remembers how mad she was at Hugo, he’s a liar and a coward.

Luci asks if the Karla situation was painful for her and Mili says yes, but on Karla’s account, not her own. The terrible things Hugo said to Karla right in front of her mother and everyone, and there she is pregnant and all! Luci says she understands about Hugo, that pain brings out the worst in people, and that she thinks he is desperate, that’s why he acted that way. That’s why you need to get out, says Luci. Alex loves you and won’t do anything to harm you. You need this, and you know what, so do I.

Hugo is brooding and thinking out loud. You are not going to go away with him, he snarls, I’m not going to allow it.

It’s nighttime out front of Casa Belmonte. Alex, Bobby, Horacio, Rocky and Chamuco are hootin’ and hollerin’ getting pumped to go out for Bobby’s stag party. Here comes Braulio in his street clothes following by the preening Ramses. Rocky says who invited him (Ramses)? Braulio says I did, he’s my…. friend. Alex says aw let him come, Rocky.

Vale and Mili in her sparkly red cowboy hat appear on the porch. Ramses tells Vale she looks amazing. Rocky pushes him aside. Vale reminds Rocky that he’s not to flirt at the party. Ramses tells Vale don’t worry, I’ll keep an eye on him. Mili tells Vale, come on, Lina and Gloria are waiting. Horacio says isn’t Socorro going and she appears and says yes, the whole Karla thing has bummed her out, and she’s going out with the girls to have some fun. The girls tell the guys to behave and they say you all behave.

Alex asks Mili if he can talk to her for a second. And…click! End of tape.

Labels:


Comments:
Maggie, what time zone are you in? Here on the east coast, we had the whole show.

The bachelor party scenes are really hilarious. I'll give a short summary.

The girls go to Rodeo with Fake Sor, and Mili keeps saying that she thinks the fake is not really Sor Cachete. The guys go to a real strip club (Macarena's old place), with Padre Manuel, and even Braulio and Ramses in tow for good measure. Some hooker tries to pick up Padre, and he gets a red face. The lead dancer seems to be a clone of Rosario on Fuego.

Finally, it's time to go home, but "Sor" says that it's early and they should go elsewhere, and she knows just the place. The girls go because Mili thinks something's up with Sor Cachete. When they get to the club, they realize the guys are there, so to teach them a lesson, they dress up in harem costumes with masks and do a sexy dance with the Rosario character in the center, gyrating with a giant boa constrictor.

The next scene was on last night's avances: The guys egg them on for more, and they remove their masks. Uh-oh. Just then, everyone notices that "Sor Cachete" has disappeared. Enter Macarena, singing a torch song.

Other scenes. Mono and Real Sor give the money away to the poor.

Connie and Luci have a discussion of her moving out, which maybe someone else can fill in more of. BTW, you can watch the episodes on YouTube if you miss them on TV. But you won't have closed captions.
 

P.S. Avances: Tomorrow, our friendly neighborhood Vincent Van Gogh kidnaps Mili.
 

Sorry you missed this Maggie...Sor Cachete/Macarena really sang well, I thought. I enjoyed her performance and hey "big is beautiful"...she was very sexy except for the overabundance of makeup.

Also the scene of Sor Cachete and Mono giving money to all the street folks was touching although I kept thinking maybe it would have been better to give it to the orphanage. Still...sweet scene and Mono said he'd never felt so good...which echos what most psychologists say...that when we voluntarily do good for others, it lifts our spirits. (So forget that new car!)

There was a nice scene of the new Luci quietly discussing why Mili should move out of the house and into her mother's original home--with both Luci and Alejandro. Constancio made his usual dismissive, derisive comments about both Luci and Al but she held her ground calmly. Also he told her he'd destroyed the document that weasel Damian had gotten Mili to sign willing away her inheritance in the case of divorce.

Rosario got a modest makeover from her buddy Paolo and you got the feeling Braulio will at least meet the love of his life...Rosario's secretary/cum hairdresser. The stage is set for that.
 

Macarena has a beautiful voice. I think she was also in the promos for Sueno a un Sueno or something like that...one of those bailando for tu sueno type shows but singing.

Padre was hilarious when he was sooo busted at the nightclub and fainted.

I think Mono and Sor Cachete make a cute couple. He reminds me of Lurch. (Addams Family)

I didn't realize how much I missed till I read all the posts. I was ironing ..... ugh.

doris
 

Thank you all so much! It sounds like a really great episode. Drat.

NinaK – what happened is that I set my tape for 8:00 to 9:10 but they ran our full show at 9:00, so I captured only the first 10 minutes and I didn’t get home until 10:00 so I didn’t catch the problem.

I don’t know how to find it on youtube – don’t you have to know what episode number we’re on? But I must say without captions I’d probably be dead in the water as far as recapping and you would probably get a recap of what people were wearing with little dialog. Still, it would be better than just the first 10 minutes! Argggh!

Speaking of which, why did Rosario’s friend give her a makeover?

Oh, and I’m in L.A., so Pacific Standard Time.
 

On YouTube, the way I've been finding them is by date--the people who are kind enough to post them seem be using a system involving the date it appeared in Mexico rather than an episode number. Yesterday's was approximately May 13. (I watched a couple of these the other day.) If you don't want to see spoilers, don't do it. YouTube is weirdly random, so you may end up seeing glimpses of unaired episodes. But once you find the episode you need, you'll see it usually has four segments, then you'll see the next day's episode popping up after you watch those.

As for the makeover, it appears that they have concocted a disguise so she can meet Mili. It's not a makeover as such. (although in my opinion she could use one.)
 

It was a fun episode, but not really much in the way of plot advancement, mostly just visual hijinx and Macarena's great singing. The big development at the end was that real Sor Cachete and Mono showed up at the club while Macarena was still on stage, after they gave away the money, and everyone saw that they were twins and was way impactado.

I was a little shocked that PM would go to a raunchy club like that with the guys. The act before the harem girls we know and love was a group of scantily clad young things, basically as skanky as they could be on regulated TV, and the guys, especially Al, were really into it. He gave the impression he was not exactly new to the strip club scene. Braulio sat there primly looking horrified. Anyway, after the ladies pulled off their veils, the dudes looked totally busted, except for Bobby, who just smiled and waved at Lina, and she walked over and smooched him.

Rosario is going to wear a disguise so she can stalk Mili, I guess, without anyone else recognizing her. She's worried that Mili will be mad thinking she was abandoned by her mother, even though her leprechaunlike assistant said that's ridiculous; she thought Mili was dead.

Anyhoo, in the avances it looks like Crazy Hugo is going to chloroform Mili. It all looks a little rapy. I'm thinking someone will save her.
 

It appears that the West Coast had all the novelas an hour later last night. I'm in Oregon and I got a tape full of Querida Enemiga last night.
 

Oh, and also Karla went to Hugo's room, where he was huddled on the floor by the cabinet looking tormented as he has before, and tried to talk to him about the baby and tell him he should marry her, and he was very rude and shoved her out the door and then knocked over his big shelf thing dumping all the stuff on the floor. Thus informing us yet some more that Hugo has rage issues and doesn't care about other people.
 

Thanks to Maggie and NinaK and the rest of the gang for pitching in ;) Don't you just hate it when TV listings lie to you? Last week Telemundo delayed their daytime TNs by half an hour for no particular reason. The only things I can add are that Karla wanted Hugo's help now that Damian had kicked her out (wait 'till Connie and Mili hear - Mili 'cause she's nice and Connie 'cause he needs her to get Mili her divorce). Also, Connie's not buying Luci 2.0 and is sure she's up to something and swears Mili will never leave the house (which in TN world means she probably will).

I didn't get a chance to read yesterday's recap until it was almost time for the show itself (thanks to NinaK for that recap as well!) so here are the comments I have for that one:
- Comadre is indeed feminine for compadre. It's literally what parents and godparents refer to each other as (as opposed to padrino and ahijado as godparents and godchildren refer to each other as), but over the years it has also come to mean buddies and countrymen/women.

- Is it me, or did Al and Hugo look like they were about to Salsa when they got ready to fight? In last night's epi, Al shook his shoulders the same way at the bachelor party.

-For Lina's litany about Karla's promiscuity - Judy B is correct, the "tabla del uno" is the times table for the number one, hence why it's so easy. The other two insults were indeed: “she’s like a traffic light, nobody respects her after midnight” and “she’s like a cold, sooner or later everyone has her.”

I'll be glued to my seat tonight hoping Hugo doesn't rape Mili. I also hope that Connie realizes Andrea's helping Hugo and finally kicks her to the curb.
 

Oddly enough, they had that multiplication table insult the very next night (last night) on Fuego! (in the scene with the schoolchildren, I think.) That clinched it for me.

Thanks again, Margarita.
 

One final note other than thanks for all the great input, Ninak, Doris, Julia,Margarita....and that is this...Maggie...even with the diaster of the tape not being adequate, you once again came up with a GREAT TITLE. Gracias, amiga.
 

Judy, you are absolutely right--it was a great title!
 

Guapsters: Here's an e-mail from my friend at Univision, from their press release:

Novela "AL DIABLO CON LOS GUAPOS" airing Mondays-Fridays in Primetime, ends
in a special two-hour episode, "EL GRAN FINAL DE AL DIABLO CON LOS GUAPOS",
on Friday, 9-19-08
An Encore Presentation of this program is scheduled to air on Saturday, 9-27-08
in Afternoon
 

Thank you all so much!
 

Thanks for the heads up NinaK! In case the listings aren't right, we can set our VCRs/DVRs accordingly!
 

We should take belt and suspenders approach: record from 7 to 10 pm on east coast?
 

I'm sorry for posting this comment after the fact--WAY after the fact, but I want to thank this blog and especially its contributors for helping in filling me in on what happened on Diablos Guapos the night of 28 August.

You see, I hadn't been watching Guapos for most of the month of August because I was busy watching the Summer Games. My DVR was set to record the soap throughout this whole time though, and I was planning on catching up after the Olympics were over, and that's what I've been doing.

Today I got to the 28 August episode, and lo and behold I have the same problem occur to me as Maggie: my DVR didn't account for the time difference (I'm also in L.A.) and what I got instead was an hour's worth of Querida Enemiga. Needless to say I was disappointed and frustrated, but I knew that Caray! would come to the rescue so I logged on right now to read the recap of 28 August.

Thank you for filling me in on what happened on that day. It seems like I missed a lot: a stripper flirting with The Priest and Macarena finally being unmasked by Catalina. GRRR! Wish I could've seen it on video.

P.S. I hope that when I get to "Next Thursday's" episode (AKA John McCain's acceptance speech night), the same thing doesn't happen again, but if it does, than I know you guys are here to lend a helping hand.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder