Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fuego 8/28: how likely is it that Furd's plan to poison all the good guys at once will succeed?

I had to take an hour off to watch Barak Obama's speech, so to save a little time I've eliminated the most insipid, pointless bits.
  • Cute business with Oscar tiptoeing through the hacienda behind Don Aug's wheel chair, eyes rolling, reminding me of Bugs Bunny. They manage to find a Very Important Box, jimmy the lock, steal the Very Important Papers, and avoid Gab's eagle eye on the way out.

    Oscar takes home the Very Important Note that fell out from behind a huge portrait when he was trying to hide in the curtains, and reads it by the bedside lamp with his pants down around his knees, as Jimena sleeps with a cute little frown on her face. The note was Bernardo's and says, merely: "If you are my evil son-in-law, you will sleep with the fishes some day. If you are not my evil son-in-law, know that my son-in-law is evil, and that I have hidden Very Important Papers that will prove it, so go find them."

    So then Oscar pulls his pants all the way back up, and hides the note in his boot, and then there is an odd cut and the pants are halfway down again, and then he falls out of bed and wakes Jimena up and says, "I was just taking off my pants." Editors asleep at the wheel?

  • Franco has taken Sarita to the Tumbao bar to hear cousin Pedro's last appearance as featured singer. She keeps insisting she never drinks, but Franco gets her to "bottoms up" a few times and she gets cheery. They flirt and flirt, "just as friends."

    Rosario watches, pouting, from across the room. When Pedro's set is over, he comes and gives her a kiss and says he noticed she's still in love with his cuz Franco.

  • Furd discovers his important papers are missing, then he looks behind the big portrait and discovers there is no Very Important Paper there any more. Wait! He KNEW there was a letter back there condemning him for evil behavior, and he just left it there?

    He searches junk shelves in some closet and finds two darling little cans with big skulls on them and the word "POISON."

  • Oscar shows the important letter to Juan, who reluctantly agrees it would be best if Oscar snuck around some more and found the substantiating documents.

  • Juan goes to town, to a booth where a lady is selling Native Garb. He searches through the dresses but none are dowdy enough to please Sofia. Finally he spots an ugly white one and practices kissing it. He buys it happily and takes it home and gives it to her: "Here! Here's your wedding dress." Instead of being irritated, she is all happy and holds it up against herself and there is all smoochy smoochy...

    ... but Furd glides, ssssnakellike, across the threshold to announce that he will not, after all, give Sofia a divorce: "It's no longer in my best interests." He glides out and Sofia immediately cramps up. "In one instant our dreams are destroyed." "But we have each other, and our baby..."

    Later Sofia shows the dress to her sisters and says she won't be bitter, she'll save it till she can use it. They hug.

  • Gab tells a photo of her dead husband Bernardo: "You're dead but you still torment me. Sofia, the one most like you, the rebel, well, she will NOT inherit the hacienda. Furd promised a solution and he never fails me." She strolls to Bernardo's tomb, just in case he'll hear better from there, and rehashes rancorously. "I can't deny the will was quite a joke. How I hate you!"

  • At the Bad Love Bar, Armando gloats a bit: "Furd, looks like Bernardo got the last laugh." "We'll see. I've got a great surprise for tonight, a blow. Of course," he continues with a non sequitur, "I hadn't expected that Ricardo Uribe would be coming back so soon." "I can't understand why you mess around with his wife, he's so violent!" "I did it to siphon money out of that ridiculous Raquel, and also for vengeance, I already told you it was he who ruined my family." Armando says Ricardo is as cold as Gabriela, Furd better watch out.

  • Since I haven't watched this show for a month, I don't know why Quintana and Don Augustin are sitting in Pablito's classroom, dressed in school uniforms like the other children. They are inciting paper-airplane throwing. They get in trouble for cheating on the quiz. Quintana has to go to the front of the class and dance with donkey ears while the charming sound of a donkey is heard. The teacher accuses them of being latoso (annoying, tiresome, a pain in the neck). Pedro rats them out at home and Jimena is amazed her grand-dad got in trouble. Quint got in trouble too, for not paying attention "and for fainting in the director's arms." ???

  • Juan goes to the big city and meets with officials and looks at deeds and maps. He comes home and, under the famous tree, reports that the lands were always Robles Reyes lands and no contrary ownership exists. Also, there was an "ojo de agua" (eye of water, a spring?) on their property which went through Augustin's land.

    Juan flashes back to his dad teaching him to ride a horse. He and Franco agree one must be soft, but show who is in charge - learn to recognize danger, and be cautious and intelligent. Good luck with that.

    Furd is watching through binoculars and tells Rosendo, who's grumpy about it, that he doesn't want Juan and Franco (grueso y filoso, he calls them - Thick and Sharp) around.

  • Raquel gets a note: her hubby isn't coming back just now, she'll have to deal with things herself, but he'll send a friend to help.

  • Gab asks Eva where she thinks she's going. Off to visit Rosario. I told you, she isn't your daughter. Yes, but I love her like a daughter and she loves me, and all your daughters love me and I love them, it's as if I had four daughters and you don't have any. HEH. Gab thinks they all need to suffer because they made her suffer, and Sofia needs to be purified for her sins, and "they all think I'm alone, but I have Furd, he'll do anything for me."

    (In the closet, Furd gazes at his poison.)

  • Setting up for the big climax... Sofia is all excited about her knitting, Juan is all excited about baking Sofia bread. They leave the kitchen for a moment and that's when Furd sneaks in and sprinkles poison on the flour. Juan comes back, takes off his shirt, kneads the dough, and makes the bread, which looks like giant gingerbread cookies with icing.

    Most of the characters we are supposed to like sit at the table, anxiously waiting for the chocolate so they can start eating the poison bread.

    "They'll all die" is Furd's thought bubble as he gets home and pours himself a drink.

    At the bakery, Sofia takes a bite.

Tomorrow ... there is no preview, just a review of what we just saw two minutes previously: Sofia takes a bite of poisoned bread! Oh no, I wonder if all the nice people are about to die. Then all we'll have left for the rest of the run is villains. Hmm, that might be fun. They'll have to start gnawing each others legs off.

Labels:


Comments:
Talk about character assassination, Feo's plan really has it all tied up in one bundle. Thanks Melinama for making this a succinct and bitterly funny recap.

It is certainly amazing that these folks don't bar the door when they should know that Feo has at least one lethal idea per episode.

As I remember it, Feo found one letter that basically said there were others and he knew when he saw the picture askew that someone else had found one of them, then the tape was the proof. But, we still haven't seen the files with damning proof of his pecados.
 

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS WHEN IS SOFIA GOING TO GET A BABY BUMP...???

ALSO, DOESS IT APPEAR THAT YOUNG JUAN HAS KEPT HIS KERCHIEF TO ADULTHOOD...??? THE ONE GROWN JUAN WEARS LOOKS THE SAME BUT OLD AND DIRTY.....
 

gnaw each other's legs off..Jeez I just keep smirking over that one.

Now Rosario has got that constipated look on her face. Everytime any character has a deep thought, they look constipated. Jeez, do I look like that when I am listening to NPR at work? No body has said anything, but are they all laughing behind my back? I got a great idea and it involves looking constipated, telling my coworkers what low class louts they are and smacking the crap out of them. I want to be Crabi. Well at least I have a goal now.

Gramps & Quintana, that is a bad stab at humour, The director is such a Tool, same stupid crap stuck in random places in EEOYA & Mundo, Dude if this was a good idea, Moe Howard would have shaved Marlin Brando in the Godfather.

I am so looking forward to when I can leave the Teen Angst fest over at Heartless Guapo Hacienda..
Get out my lil Laura Ingalls dress, my ginormus bottle of Tequila, my newest issue of Elle and step across the magic bridge to "La Brigadoona".
 

Like your style Melinama. My favorite line was "strolls to the tomb just in case he'll (Bernardo) hear her better from there." Well done....and succint.
 

I was also wondering why these folks don't lock their doors. Anybody can just walk in and out of anyone's home whenever they feel like it.
Quintina & Gramps in school was really funny I thought.But that should be the extent of that. I hope they don't keep that up. A one time funny shot and that's it.
 

"....to save a little time I've eliminated the most insipid, pointless bits." Thank you, melinama! And thanks for the great recap and good snark. LOL over the 'gnaw each other's legs off.' ROFLOL~!!!

I have not missed an episode and do not know why Gramps & Quintina are sitting in the classroom. And yet Rosy O'Campo's name is not listed on any of the credits.....

I was so thanking God that Juan chose the white dress for Sofi. Did we really want her in another pink dress, or that acid green? Noooooooo....... I thought the old boy did well.

The cans labeled 'poison' with skull & crossbones.... how subtle.

Will Pedro be leaving us? He gave his final performance last night, with Coyo watching fervently. I had a flashback to Kevin Costner in "The bodyguard."

doris
 

Aye caramba. Melinama: great job on the recap. Eliminating the "insipid, pointless bits" doesn't leave you much to work with but thanks for sparing us.

I'm hoping Pedro & Rosario hook up & escape while they still have their wits about them. It's freakishly scary how stoooopid you become if you hang around too long.

Juan's do-rag perhaps symbolizes a longing for an innocent time, when Ma & Pa took care of him and all was goodness & light. He clings to a past that can never be reclaimed & so he wears it with sadness tinged with hope. [GAG!! OK, I'm going totally 'round the bend with this show. Someone, anyone!! Throw me a lifeline of intelligence and sanity before I drown in the cess pool of FELs idiocy!!!!!!]

Feugo Maggie
(it's Friday...I'm in need of a respite from work, a stiff margarita, and a pair of flip flops)
 

Ayyyy, Fuego Maggie ... it has definitely been a long, hard week for you when you're finding literary meaning & significance in FELS. LOL One margarita, en seguida!
But I think you're spot on with the do-rag theory.

doris
 

Thanks for the recap Melinama.

Do think Rosario could get any bigger earrings?! It makes my ears hurt just looking at her.

I see the table in the kitchen got bigger but Juan didn't make enough bread for everyone. How inconsiderate. At least we didn't have any howling at the moon or crying in this episode.
 

Talk about SOS: Juan buys the dress for Sofia, but then he hides his eyes, so he won't see the dress before the wedding!

Ditto to the baby bump query.

Ditto to the schoolroom scenes. We thought Augie was supposed to be smart. Igh.
 

Also, when Juan was looking at the deeds and maps, it looked like he could read, so what was up with the illiteracy scene two days ago?
 

ninak - I think, and just a theory, that Juan can read fine but reading "out loud" is his weak point. I know a lot of people who have that same problem. They can read, but to read out loud is hard and believe me, it is painful to listen to them.

There is a reason a good school will have the K-5 kids read out loud in classes.

doris
 

NinaK: see previous comments re: plot inconsistencies. This show zigs & zags so much that I'm getting seasick. But you're right--the other night, good old Juan could barely read "Green Eggs & Ham" and now he's reading legal docs like a seasoned lawyer. Apparently the Simpleton Scratch helps with comprehension.

At this point, I'm close to wishing that Feo's poison plan succeeds.

Fuego Maggie
:-P
 

Thanks Melinama, enjoyed a shorter, fun recap, especially the gnaw each other's legs off.

I'm liking Rosario more, now that she's growing a spine. But, she didn't seem to make any attempt at being 'over' Franco. Staring at him, scowling at her, and ignoring Pedro, isn't too convincing. Rosario likes big (except for clothes)- size matters to her. Her giant earrings and over inflated breasts are good examples of that...
jb
 

I'm getting pretty sick of Snofia in her pink and having the fake cramps. She's not even showing. They need to get her one of those pregnant suits or wahtever they use. It's hard to believe she's even pregnant.
 

Feo's efforts are starting to look like a Roadrunner cartoon. I'm sure that the cans of poison came from a box labeled 'Acme Evil Deeds Kit', but the box never made it on camera. Thanks for the recap. Had to miss last night attending the home team's loss to da Bears. The recaps are always better than the real thing.

Abuelo P
 

In telenovela time Sofia must be about 6 months pregnant now. So she should definitely have a bump.
Maybe they can't afford the pregnant suit having used up the funds for the Escalades.
 

Why don't these people LOCK THEIR DOORS?!? Feo, Crabi, or any other vermin can just saunter in, any old time and torment them. Then Slofia gets a cramp from the nongrowing bebe kicking her to WAKE UP. The poor little guy is gonna get another trauma that would be lethal to an ordinary fetus. He's gonna be some kinda tough when he springs from the womb. or maybe brain dead. What is with Augie and 'Tina at school? Especially cutting up the class and distracting everyone...Melinama, thanks for the 'cap. Yes, you are correct, "ojo de agua" is a spring. I'll bet that this ojo de agua figures into the story somehow. What ever happened to the corn that Augie's buddy was going to plant? Just a forgotten side plot?...Interesting that Rightarmando considers that Crabi is even more cold and heartless than Feo. He knows of all the evil deeds that Feo has perpetrated, but considers her worse yet, if I understood correctly. What does he know about her?
 

I always wondered about the door locking myself. People just walk right in. What was up with Crabi bellowing for Fatima? Can't she get her own glass of water? Fatima was probably sleeping with a pillow over her head so she wouldn't have to listen to Crabi.
 

The failure to lock doors is a plot device in every show. They've used it in Guapos a million times, along with the person who just happens to be standing nearby eavesdropping in the woods, hall, garden, or kitchen.
 

Thank you for the recap. I had to miss the show. My guess as to why the mini-Juan wears a dew rag is that the actor has hair that doesn't mesh with the character. Maybe long hair? Also, I would like to b#*tch slap whomever is responsible for the telescoping camera effect.It's annoying and too loud. Why does Franco look like crap?He's been sniffing some of that Libia cave fairy dust.
I miss the old Rosario. The pretty unconscious one who had no earrings on.mhm
 

When you said you were skipping the insipped parts, I wasn't sure what was going to be left. Thanks for the great recap.

Obviously Juan can read. They need to decide!

Why does Oscar take his pants off over his boots? I could swear that one scene when they were in bed I caught a glimpse of boot! Generally people take their shoes off first, especially when your pants are that tight. And Oscar rolling around at warp speed trying to get them off was just silly. Sometimes I feel like I am watching a WB cartoon!

The scene where Juan and Franco were talking in the field had some noise in the background like a cow was giving birth, very distracting.

I think he put the bread he made in the oven, and brought other bread from the shelves in for everyone to eat, and he is going to burn the poison bread. But maybe that makes to much sense for this show.
 

Molly, I noticed that noise too. At first I thought it was a car but couldn't really tell. I like the way they put bread in the oven and then walk off and leave it there to burn and catch on fire! :)
 

Interesting. Where Melinama saw a weird edit of Oscar going from pants back up to pants back down, I saw him pull his pants up, trip and fall down, and get up and of course his pants did not survive the fall. Awk-ward!

Sometimes there seems to be a problem with the broadcast and the picture "skips" a lot. It was really bad on Monday night. Maybe it's a local problem.

I don't really get why Grandpa and Quintina are in school either. I think it was the only way to get Pablito to go, but I would think the other kids would make fun of him for bringing grups to school with him...

So are Sarita and Franco at the Reyes home with the poison bread? Or are they still at the Tumbao? Is Pedro still at the Tumbao? (I don't remember!)

Abuelo P: "ACME Evil Deeds Kit" - LOL! Shouldn't the Coyote be using that?
 

Connie, the extra noises on this show make me crazy. Its like that awful fountain at the clinic. I'm surprised people don't check out just to get away from it. But last night, well whatever was going on with that poor animal, I was more concerned for it then this show.

Why is Pedro done? Doesn't he need a job, or is he going to make hairy bread too? Is Rosario moving over to the Tumbao? When will they all go for a swim again?

And since when does Poison come in a cute pink can?
 

Hmmm. Maybe poison that comes in pink cans with cartoon skull-and-crossbones is only effective against cartoon mice and cartoon rats.
 

Molly, I think Pedro is going out into the big bad world in search of his father. I thought he looked awfully good in those jeans.
 

Julie
Coyote is not the Roadrunner 'coyote'. He's too clever to wear that label. However Feo seems to have that 'I'm on my way to the bottom of the canyon' look in more and more episodes. He doesn't win the big card game, Rosario stands up to him, Crabi almost finds him with Racquel.... The list goes on. I wonder how the poisoning plot will play out. Could we see a return of the glowing light over all who partake of the poisoned hairy bread? It's that marvelous 'anything can happen' quality that keeps me returning to watch this perfect storm of bad choices.

Abuelo P
 

I'm sure it will be another "Endangering the Hijo" episode.
 

Abuelo P, I thought exactly the same thing about the Acme poison. This show is very cartoony.

How has Oscar lived this long and not figured out to take off his boots before he tries to take off his pants? The visual effect of him sitting there with his pants around his ankles was like he was on the toilet or something. What exactly was the intent?
 

OK, here's what happens with the poison "S" cookies...

Slofia takes a ginormous bite but it gets stuck in her throat. Juan to the rescue performs the heimlich manuever. The chunk of poisoned pan flies across the room. A little chipmunk scampers in & snatches the pan from the impeccably clean floor. The Reyes/Elizondo gang watch with amusement as they watch the little critter munch away. But, quelle horreur, the poor little guy drops dead from Feo's pretty pink poison and the smiles turn to abject horror as our lovable cast (with looks of constipation that accompany any serious thought process) realizes that dear Slofia could have been poisoned.

Now, they turn to look at Juan. Hmmm...what nefarious plot is HE up to? Is he really a simple-minded, good hearted, emotional lug or is he as twisted as Feo?

But no. With a few cartoon twinkles and some fairy dust, we hear a chorus of "te amos" as they trip of to La La Land, gazing longingly into each other's eyes.

And Feo skulks in the background, muttering "Curses! Foiled again!"

Fuego Maggie

p.s. no spoilers here!
 

Are you sure you're only kidding, Maggie? It sounds quite plausible to me.
 

Julie, I also thought he looked like he was on the toilet.

So if Pedro leaves, what was the point of him coming on? I'm so confused!
 

I think I've completely lost it. 3 hours til freedom & my margarita.

Fuego Maggie
 

The toilet thing came from Julia, not me. I agree it was a toiletish look, though.

I think we're not supposed to know yet why Pedro showed up.

EEEK! Do not look at the Wikipedia article for this show! It's current with Mexico, they're way ahead of us - I was only looking for a good cast listing (better than on imdb) but the cast list indicates which characters are already dead in Mexico. I saw stuff I didn't want to know yet.
 

Oops, sorry Julia!

And thanks for the heads up on wikipedia Julie!
 

I thought it looked like he was sitting on a toilet also. Kind of grossed me out.

Hang in there, Fuego Maggie. This day will soon be over.

doris
 

Julie, I saw it on You tube by mistake about who is dead. I was so upset. I haven't looked at You Tube since.
Here's my take on the poison bread. While Jimena is pouring the drinks, she accidently pours it on the bread. The bread is all soggy so they cannot eat it. Thus everyone is saved.
 

Thanks Melinama for your succinct recap. As much as I enjoy the longer, more detailed ones, I have to admit that you have a style that manages to capture all the highlights. It makes me appreciate the variety of styles rather than attempting to rank them.
Julie .. how do I get the Wilkipedia link? What's yet to come won't spoil my enjoyment and I'd never post a spoiler.
Sue
 

I just googled

wiki fuego en la sangre

But it's at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuego_en_la_sangre

List of cast/characters and living/dead/MIA status is near the bottom of the page.
 

Funny recap and comments. What's the use of those bars on the windows in front of the panaderia if they leave all the doors open...someone might come in and steal the tvs, computers and cell phones not to mention the bottomless chest of unknown treasures. We know no one wants the hairy bread.
 

Maybe they should just take all the doors off!
 

Didn't Pedro offer to go to Guadalajara to look for Tio (Vicente?), 'cause he had the time, or kinda knew his way around there, or something?..I was distarcted going into the scene with Oscar with pants around his ankles, and thought that I'd missed something that would have explained why he was dressed like that. i guess it WAS as stupid as I originally thought. Won't be watching tonite, yet I'm so eager to know what happens with the bread eaters, I'll read a the recap, for sure...
 

On Oscar's SOS, did you notice the pants have snaps on the ankles so you can get the boots off and on with the pants still on?

He has his pants down, then up..then he did the snap thing in order to hide the Dumbass scavenger hunt note; yes it appears for all his time boinking the "Slow Girl" that indeed Don Ber was also stuck on Stupid. Who in the hell hides evidence in hidey holes. Oh yeah I forgot, there is no safety deposits boxes or hey why not add that into that totally screwed up will, that dumbass left. Anyway back to SOS Oscar, then after hiding the note, he pulled his pants down again. I guess Oscar rolling around in his tighties was supposed to be sexy? I just found it terribly stupid.

I remember during EEAYO, the shennigans got so stupid, that for two days we saw none of the main cast, Cesar Evora & Susan Gonzalez. Over on the TeleNovela forum, someone who lived on the border & got mx.Televista said that the cast had complained and the Tool that is charge of this one too, laid down the law, the guy who didn't know he was Susan Gonzalaz father got canned. I guess it is like in soaps here when someone complains they stick them in a coma.
 

LOL! Yes Dave it was as stupid as you thought. And I agree Beckster, as much as I love to see Oscar in some state of undress, that was so not sexy!
 

Thanks for the link Julie, MUM's the word. I promise. Sue
 

Thank you Melinama! Too much funny stuff!
It's Friday, life is good, and today I agree with all the comments!
1) Oscar did look like he was sitting on the john with pants down while he read the letter, but maybe that's where he does most of his reading and was trying to get comfie.
2) How did Fer know that the flour he poisoned was going to be for the Reyes and not for the town-folk?
3) Pedro was looking pretty good in his little tight singer pants, woo-hooooo!
4) I haven't heard but did the actor who plays Franco get sprung from Jail?
"Creemelo"
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCfOpOp5sG0

Kind of blurry, but hey guys -- check out this youtube video of a procession in Cd. Serdan -- are those the Reyes bros in their bandanas right at the beginning?
Or do only people who live in Cd. Serdan wear those things? I also have never seen people in Mexico wearing them around as part of everyday gear. Does anybody know if it might be a specifically Poblano item of clothing?

PanQue
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqfwkb-QEYs

And...here's another showing the fate of Crabi and Feo --YES! (and don't tell me that at least some of the rest of you aren't rooting for a fitting end to some evil & wicked characters!)

(just teasing & not a spoiler)

PanQue
 

Creemelo: The judge in Miami let Pablo Montero out of jail on the third day because he had so much mail supporting Pablo.

Fuego en AZ
 

Pardon me, I also meant to say thank you Melinama, for the excelente recap. I unfortunately missed the program last night due to answering the telephone without looking at the clock first. Glad you were there to cover the show!
PanQue
 

Fuego in AZ: thanks for the newsflash--I was wondering if Pedro would be stepping in permanently if "Franco" was unable to fulfill his contract so to speak.
 

I never knew deadly poison was sold in such cute attractive pastel containers. Makes me want to go out and buy some as decorative accents.
 

NO COMMENTS ABOUT ACTORS' PRIVATE LIVES. Next one gets deleted.
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5WpMrVxxmo


Some sick individual posted this video on Youtube. Steel yourself before you watch it. mhm



PS. You'll be okay.
 

MHM--Ewwwwwwwwww!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder